IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider granpadave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13061 5 years ago

I have a 2 week old BM 66and the turntable was binding on something where it would not turn. After multiple inspections and multiple frustrations with calls to pinball friends, I discovered a plastic piece holding the lane diverter had come unscrewed. Sure enough both red screws had fallen out.

20190418_172945 (resized).jpg20190418_172945 (resized).jpg20190418_173310 (resized).jpg20190418_173310 (resized).jpg20190418_173326 (resized).jpg20190418_173326 (resized).jpg
#13079 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Mine fell out as well. The wood was stripped where the screws went in so I put toothpicks into the holes before screwing them back in to make them fit better.

Excellent advice! Done.

2 years later
#17004 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just checking, since BM66 came out 4-5 years ago, do you think it still holds up against the newer competition? I just got JP and Godzilla have BM66 on order.
Looking for some opinions from people who own Elvira, DP etc. that are higher rated than BM66. Why do you think BM is not too highly rated? Is it because BM66 had such poor code when released it never recovered.

BM66 is one of the best ever- at home I have a GNR LE, Elvira HOH, DP, SW, JP, R and M, GZ LE and several other top games. What makes BM 66 so great? Theme integration-the best with a great license that allows numerous original tv clips and also has call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. The game is also a great shooter with fantastic code (ok the shots not quite as epic as GZ LE).

I have discovered that this game really resonates with us baby boomers who grew up with this show. My younger pinball friends understandably don’t connect with it like we do. So enjoy it like any other game, don’t give a crap about other’s opinions (Star Wars is a great example-brutal amazing game with a great layout and code but gets crapped on mercilessly). I have over 6k HUO plays on mine- was the first pin I bought (yeah I looked at all of the reviews and opinions trying to find the perfect game- my distributor- a world ranked pinballer, told me to buy the game I like). I still play it quite often and I even thought about getting a second one while still in production and affordable …missed that train.

2 months later
#17325 2 years ago

And now for something totally different...

For birthday #60 I bought my first pinball machine - 3 years ago (after too much needless research). Of course, it was a new inbox Batman 66. I still own this machine and it is my favorite of over 25 + machines I have owned. I have over HUO 5,000 plays on it and my pinball buddies are very reticent to challenge me on this game for good reason. I am barely an above average player, but this game definitely resonates and it is my number one still.

Many people say it is clunky and yes it can be that - if your shots are off. What makes this game for me is the awesome code. I am still exploring the minor villains as well as the second and third seasons of the major villains. Unfortunately, I was never able to meet Lyman Sheats III in person but in my short deep dive into this hobby he is king.

I had an hour to play this morning, and my goal was to get to villain escape if possible. After a couple of warm up games, my shots were on- time to play ball.

The shots were flowing and I saved MB and penguin for last. I discovered that I had my lowest score ever getting to villain escape. So here is my question to you all, what is the lowest score that you have ever had going into villain escape?

Cheers!

PXL_20220207_135859484 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_135859484 (resized).jpg
#17330 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. I don’t think I’ve put 5000 plays on all my games combined in 20 years. And that includes 2200 plays on a NIB Medieval Madness from 1997.

Helps to be semi retired and have OCD tendencies. I did not put all of those games on it- did have some help.

#17338 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Cool stuff, I’ve played a lot on mine as well. I think my lowest Villain Escape total would be 108 million. I was trying to get to villain escape as quickly as possible under a timer [quoted image]

Great job Izzy. Excellent!

3 months later
#17673 1 year ago
Quoted from Sapper17:

I thought I was nuts! I just saw GranpaDave posting a few years ago and I had the exact same thing happen! Both red screws were at the bottom of my cabinet. When I finally figured out what was obstructing my turntable, I put the screws in the diverter and they just sunk in with no friction. I had to re-install the diverter with slightly larger screws. Now my diverter won't stay open. It quickly whips open and then closed. I can't access the ball lock feature. Your help is kindly requested.

Did you fix this? I had some diverter issues, but this was later on and the diverter was scraping on the playfield. With close to 6,000 plays, the game is dialed in and working great.

1 year later
#18190 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone put pinstadiums in their Batman?

Oh, yeah, from day one. I have Pin Stadium’s on most of my games, but not all. Batman 66 is one of the darker ones and really pops with Pin Stadium’s. I am also an old guy with crappy eyes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider granpadave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=granpadave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.