64288E32-2F10-42C8-A3F6-71EF523C5D43 (resized).jpeg
20220106_171016 (resized).jpg
20220106_165849 (resized).jpg
Interior_Batmobile.width-704 (resized).png
130129981-2 (resized).jpg
20220103_195323 (resized).jpg
20220103_195311 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 344.
#17001 49 days ago

#17002 49 days ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think the disc shown there is the surface the ball rolls over. For whatever reason, it looks like the diagram leaves off the pinkish plastic disk that mounts above those posts and holds the batmobile.
I think the manual suffers a little bit from being copy-pasted somewhat from Dark Knight. For example, the crane is referred to as the Scarecrow Crane. I think the details of the batmobile portion of the spinner disc probably just got missed in the shuffled.
Are you looking for a part # for the screws that attach that upper disc to the spinner posts?

Yeah I have one screw and the two washers. One washer goes under the plastic spinner and is thick # 8 I think and a smaller one above the spinner. The other side is missing the screw and washers. At least for now. I'll lift up the playfield and look better tomorrow. So I need one screw and two washers. I can match the screw and smaller washer from Ace Hardware but cant match the thick washer under the plastic spinner. A friend said I can just replace the 2 thick washers with matching thinner ones from Ace Hardware but I thought it would be a good opportunity to learn more about parts.

#17003 49 days ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think the disc shown there is the surface the ball rolls over. For whatever reason, it looks like the diagram leaves off the pinkish plastic disk that mounts above those posts and holds the batmobile.
I think the manual suffers a little bit from being copy-pasted somewhat from Dark Knight. For example, the crane is referred to as the Scarecrow Crane. I think the details of the batmobile portion of the spinner disc probably just got lost in the shuffle.
Are you looking for a part # for the screws that attach that upper disc to the spinner posts?

Now I see what you're saying. Yes makes sense. That's all under the plastic with the BatMobile.

#17004 49 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Just checking, since BM66 came out 4-5 years ago, do you think it still holds up against the newer competition? I just got JP and Godzilla have BM66 on order.
Looking for some opinions from people who own Elvira, DP etc. that are higher rated than BM66. Why do you think BM is not too highly rated? Is it because BM66 had such poor code when released it never recovered.

BM66 is one of the best ever- at home I have a GNR LE, Elvira HOH, DP, SW, JP, R and M, GZ LE and several other top games. What makes BM 66 so great? Theme integration-the best with a great license that allows numerous original tv clips and also has call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. The game is also a great shooter with fantastic code (ok the shots not quite as epic as GZ LE).

I have discovered that this game really resonates with us baby boomers who grew up with this show. My younger pinball friends understandably don’t connect with it like we do. So enjoy it like any other game, don’t give a crap about other’s opinions (Star Wars is a great example-brutal amazing game with a great layout and code but gets crapped on mercilessly). I have over 6k HUO plays on mine- was the first pin I bought (yeah I looked at all of the reviews and opinions trying to find the perfect game- my distributor- a world ranked pinballer, told me to buy the game I like). I still play it quite often and I even thought about getting a second one while still in production and affordable …missed that train.

#17005 49 days ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

BM66 is one of the best ever- at home I have a GNR LE, Elvira HOH, DP, SW, JP, R and M, GZ LE and several other top games. What makes BM 66 so great? Theme integration-the best with a great license that allows numerous original tv clips and also has call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. The game is also a great shooter with fantastic code (ok the shots not quite as epic as GZ LE).
I have discovered that this game really resonates with us baby boomers who grew up with this show. My younger pinball friends understandably don’t connect with it like we do. So enjoy it like any other game, don’t give a crap about other’s opinions (Star Wars is a great example-brutal amazing game with a great layout and code but gets crapped on mercilessly). I have over 6k HUO plays on mine- was the first pin I bought (yeah I looked at all of the reviews and opinions trying to find the perfect game- my distributor- a world ranked pinballer, told me to buy the game I like). I still play it quite often and I even thought about getting a second one while still in production and affordable …missed that train.

Great points, I’m also super high on SW the layout, theme and code. SW code is different than most pins with huge movable bonus X. BM66 has the X shot multiplier and the minor Villain bonuses are unique and interesting if overvalued in some cases.

#17006 49 days ago
Quoted from rai:

is this something that I should do when I receive my NIB BM66?

I don't think so - if the turntable's working, then it's working. The loose grub screw was the issue when my BM66 started reporting 'too many errors' on the turntable.

#17007 47 days ago

Looking to collect all of the Batman 66 translite artwork by Christopher Franchi, if you have any for sale please let me know

LE & SLE & CatWoman

Thank you

#17008 47 days ago

Has anyone successfully used pinball browser to add the Adam West custom personal name call outs to their premium? Asking for a friend.

#17009 43 days ago

Let me know if you have any interest in selling or trading your BM66. Any trim/edition etc. thanks in advance.

#17010 41 days ago

Please also send me a message if there's a price that would convince you to part with your villians in the city topper.

Thank you!

#17011 40 days ago

Not for sale but just posting my game for the New members to the B66 club to show what I have modded and/or give ideas.

IMG_6263 2 (resized).JPG2020-07-19 18.04.25 (resized).jpgNot for sale, but just posting my game to show some of the mods I did to help the new members to the club or give ideas.IMG_6267 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_6264 2 (resized).JPGIMG_6265 2 (resized).JPGIMG_6266 2 (resized).JPG

#17012 39 days ago

Got the call from my distributor yesterday that the game ships from stern today

#17013 39 days ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Awesome!

#17014 39 days ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Awesome! Who is your distributor?

#17015 39 days ago

Maine Home Recreation

#17016 37 days ago

Little man wanted to try out that Bookworm/Freeze strategy tonight.

7EA30C4F-15BC-4B6E-B9DC-962148B54F19 (resized).jpeg
#17017 37 days ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Little man wanted to try out that Bookworm/Freeze strategy tonight.
[quoted image]

Looks like you're going to need to put pacifier rests on your machines now...

#17019 32 days ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Are you still waiting for it to get delivered?

#17020 32 days ago

Does anyone know of any distributors that have availability on this new run?

#17021 32 days ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

Are you still waiting for it to get delivered?

Im curious how the Insider Connect apron looks. I recall in the Insider Connect announcement video, it was mentioned that BM66 and Elvira will have custom aprons for it. I did my final payment for my BM66 yesterday so when i get mine i will post a pic but thats probably not for at least a week im guessing.

#17022 32 days ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Im curious how the Insider Connect apron looks. I recall in the Insider Connect announcement video, it was mentioned that BM66 and Elvira will have custom aprons for it. I did my final payment for my BM66 yesterday so when i get mine i will post a pic but thats probably not for at least a week im guessing.

Same here. I also just did my final payment. Should know next week.

#17023 32 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Same here. I also just did my final payment. Should know next week.

Who did you order your game through? I haven't heard from my distributor yet.

#17024 32 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Who did you order your game through? I haven't heard from my distributor yet.

Cointaker

#17025 32 days ago

Just talked to GEX: my BM66 is supposed to arrive at their warehouse Monday or Tuesday. I'd say the chances of it making the RT to Michigan by Christmas will probably require a Christmas Miracle.

#17026 32 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just talked to GEX: my BM66 is supposed to arrive at their warehouse Monday or Tuesday. I'd say the chances of it making the RT to Michigan by Christmas will probably require a Christmas Miracle.

Ive heard as soon as its in transit its pretty quick.

#17027 32 days ago

Just got mine delivered so it actually exists! Awesome game but I have one problem. If I hit the left cat ramp pure the ball will fly off when coming down and hit the Batgirl plastic and drain on the left outline sometimes. Does anyone else have that issue or have a fix? Game is level at 6.5 degrees.

#17028 31 days ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just got mine delivered so it actually exists! Awesome game but I have one problem. If I hit the left cat ramp pure the ball will fly off when coming down and hit the Batgirl plastic and drain on the left outline sometimes. Does anyone else have that issue or have a fix? Game is level at 6.5 degrees.

There should be a metal diverter at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic. That was a fix to the original games that should be installed on new production games. If one isn’t on yours send Stern a note.

I replaced the diverter with the parachute van.

B7E9BCE8-CAE9-44CD-A136-73ED8092CEC6 (resized).jpeg
#17029 31 days ago
Quoted from jfh:There should be a metal diverter at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic. That was a fix to the original games that should be installed on new production games. If one isn’t on yours send Stern a note.
I replaced the diverter with the parachute van.[quoted image]

Speaking of which I was able to finally find some more of the donor vans I use to make this mod so I now finally have them back in stock. I'm also still including my home made retro style hot wheels packaging with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/01440-batman-parachute-pickup-van

ba016038b6f20c6626c1bbcab5b2ae5345a8c3b9-1 (resized).jpg
#17030 31 days ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Does it have IC? Can you post a pic of the apron?

#17031 31 days ago

Got my Batman 66 on Wednesday. The Insider Connect is there but currently not functional. (Picture Attached). I assume it will required a code update which is probably in cue. I have a crane alignment issue which I have been working on resolving. It aligns over the circles when going towards the left but miss aligns. I made the previously posted software change but its still slightly off. I will probably open a ticket at Stern and see what they say.

Batman66_IC_Aprom (resized).jpg
#17032 31 days ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Got my Batman 66 on Wednesday. The Insider Connect is there but currently not functional. (Picture Attached). I assume it will required a code update which is probably in cue. I have a crane alignment issue which I have been working on resolving. It aligns over the circles when going towards the left but miss aligns. I made the previously posted software change but its still slightly off. I will probably open a ticket at Stern and see what they say.
[quoted image]

Nice! Thanks! This looks better than I figured it would.

#17033 31 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Nice! Thanks! This looks better than I figured it would.

I was pleasantly surprised at how it looked. I'm going to dump the red IC Card and put a Lenticular Card in its place I think.

#17034 31 days ago

I was pleasantly surprised at how it looked. I'm going to dump the red IC Card and put a Lenticular Card in its place I think.

Ha yeah. I thought the same thing for when I get mine.

#17035 31 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

There should be a metal diverter at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic. That was a fix to the original games that should be installed on new production games. If one isn’t on yours send Stern a note.
I replaced the diverter with the parachute van.[quoted image]

Yes, I have the diverter near the apron but the ball flys off the left rail so fast at the bend that it will pass it or go over it.

#17036 31 days ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Yes, I have the diverter near the apron but the ball flys off the left rail so fast at the bend that it will pass it or go over it.

Does it have the left ramp plastic on top?

Also - totally unrelated- is the new apron plastic or metal?

#17037 31 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I forgot some new ones are plastic with the retro kits…I hope it is still metal.

#17038 31 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, it has the plastic on top and unfortunately the apron is plastic. Here is the area where the ball jumps off.

image (resized).jpg
#17039 31 days ago

The new apron is metal nicely finished with shiny black powder coat. Stern didn’t cheap out on it.

#17040 31 days ago

The new apron is metal nicely finished with shiny black powder coat. Stern didn’t cheap out on it.

chewiec seemed to think his apron was plastic and you are saying metal. I wonder which it is or if they did a mix?

#17041 30 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

chewiec seemed to think his apron was plastic and you are saying metal. I wonder which it is or if they did a mix?

I pulled the glass and it is metal. Much smoother metal compared to my Avengers Pro. Sorry for the mixup.

image (resized).jpg
#17042 30 days ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I pulled the glass and it is metal. Much smoother metal compared to my Avengers Pro. Sorry for the mixup.
[quoted image]

Ahh. Ok. Yeah it doesn’t have the black wrinkle powder just smooth.

#17043 30 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Ahh. Ok. Yeah it doesn’t have the black wrinkle powder just smooth.

The orignal apron had the smooth black finish as well.

I wish they stayed with the style the show and called it the "Bat-scanner" and instead of saying "use your QR code" they could have said "use your Bat-QR code" etc. We all know Batman loved to label things appropriately.

#17044 30 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

The orignal apron had the smooth black finish as well.
I wish they stayed with the style the show and called it the "Bat-scanner" and instead of saying "use your QR code" they could have said "use your Bat-QR code" etc. We all know Batman loved to label things appropriately.

I wonder if that would have required licensor approval. If so maybe not worth it?

#17045 29 days ago

The could have called it “BatScan” maybe a nice aftermarket label will be produced.

#17046 29 days ago

Got the call that my BM66 is to be delivered on Thursday. I just sold out R&M, but this has been the most pins I can remember getting in a short period of time.

June JP premium
November Godzilla LE
December BM66

#17047 29 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Got the call that my BM66 is to be delivered on Thursday. I just sold out R&M, but this has been the most pins I can remember getting in a short period of time.
June JP premium
November Godzilla LE
December BM66

Almost same lineup....Munsters LE here....no Godzilla

#17048 28 days ago

Has anyone run into this issue? Looks like my screen slipped down inside the TV. When I took off the glass however nothing seems loose with the screen?

90392A87-B3DF-419E-BF67-C9A558503A77 (resized).jpegD0FBE5B7-5457-4FB3-AFCE-EA8F4514F17E (resized).jpeg
#17049 28 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Has anyone run into this issue? Looks like my screen slipped down inside the TV. When I took off the glass however nothing seems loose with the screen?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you screen came loose. It's held onto the back of the TV with 3 screws. You'll have to remove the TV and screw it back in.

rps20211220_183306 (resized).jpg
#17050 28 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like you screen came loose. It's held onto the back of the TV with 3 screws. You'll have to remove the TV and screw it back in. [quoted image]

Thanks. Does the entire TV need to be removed from the playfield to do this? I see two screws at the top of the tv but not sure if that will let me in there

There are 17,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside