IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 374.
#17301 2 years ago

My guess is that it looks like one of your GI Led's popped it's top

#17302 2 years ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

Found this on the playfield yesterday. I have looked and looked and can not find where it belongs. Does anyone know where this clear cap goes on the Batman 66 Premium?
[quoted image]

Quoted from tullster:

My guess is that it looks like one of your GI Led's popped it's top

^^^^^This. On my BM66, it was not an uncommon occurrence. For me, it was always under the right sling.
Not a big deal, really. You can either replace the bulb, glue the lens back on the bulb using Crazyglue, or just leave it as is.

#17303 2 years ago

Yep, check under your slings. Shocking that Stern still hasn't addressed this after 5 yrs.

#17304 2 years ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

Found this on the playfield yesterday. I have looked and looked and can not find where it belongs. Does anyone know where this clear cap goes on the Batman 66 Premium?

Thats a top to an LED bulb. Check all bulbs on the playfield

#17305 2 years ago

Hey All.
Looking for the Bat projector - Original from Sterm

#17306 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey All.
Looking for the Bat projector - Original from Sterm

docquest makes his own and it’s superior to sterns in every way.

#17307 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I bought aftermarket armor, and powder coated it with ink black/Rockstar sparkle. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Anyone else do different colors on the armor? Green? Yellow? Navy?

#17308 2 years ago

Does anyone know if there's a way to shut off these additional player icons for code, 1.06?

I just updated...and looked through the new settings. Nothing.

I don't have the Stern Insider hardware. It's kind of annoying. I can understand if it does it on the 1st players turn...but not after that.

20220205_150102 (resized).jpg20220205_150102 (resized).jpg
#17309 2 years ago
Quoted from riddler35:

Does anyone know if there's a way to shut off these additional player icons for code, 1.06?
I don't have the Stern Insider hardware. It's kind of annoying. I can understand if it does it on the 1st players turn...but not after that.
[quoted image]

Other members have asked the same but at this time it doesn't look possible. I haven't bothered with the new update as the new IC platform doesn't interest me.

#17310 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Other members have asked the same but at this time it doesn't look possible. I haven't bothered with the new update as the new IC platform doesn't interest me.

If you get any new games with IC give me a shout dude I might be interested in your IC kit.

#17311 2 years ago

Thanks @thundergod76. I was afraid of that. My machine has been having some bizarre behavior in recent months and my Node Board 9 puked not so long ago. The node board firmware update was of interest to me. The game seems to play a little better...placebo effect? I guess I'll contact Stern Tech Support and log a bug complaint. This shouldn't be ocurring.

#17312 2 years ago

Yes other owners have had buggy code since the last update. Plus I've had more than my fair share of blown Nodes. No interest in updating at this time.

#17313 2 years ago

Don't blame you after seeing this nonsense.

#17314 2 years ago

My Node 9 blew while the machine was in attract mode! The last thing I wanna do is connect more s*#t to my machine i don't need. Gomez himself even said the Spike 2 platform is so sensitive an extra LED added could cause it to fail!

#17315 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hey Jon.
Yeah Brian does a great projector.
Was just asking for Alpha on Pinballinfo.

#17316 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you have a Premium BM66 the Stern advantage is that it can turn on and off during game play because it came with the extra node boards.

I have a Stern version with the node boards but if I was to sell it, it wouldn't be cheap.

#17317 2 years ago
Quoted from riddler35:

[quoted image]

That looks horrible. Most of our games are one or two player.

I was going to upgrade to get the flipper power adjustment but I’ll wait. I thought achievements might be fun occasionally (still think they are gimmicky) but that display change would drive me nuts.

#17318 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That looks horrible. Most of our games are one or two player.
I was going to upgrade to get the flipper power adjustment but I’ll wait. I thought achievements might be fun occasionally (still think they are gimmicky) but that display change would drive me nuts.

I have to agree with you all on that...

Funny thing is, the last update that I did on my Beatles also incorporates the Insider Connected feature, and yet it will show a single score on a single player game, so it's not like it can't be done.

#17319 2 years ago

I sent an inquiry to Stern Support about the display issue.

I'll post here if I hear back.

I also have a BM66 LE. It's possible they didn't have one to test and only tested on Premium?

Has anyone else on here updated to v1.06 on a Premium or LE?

#17320 2 years ago

I'm at v1.06 on a Prem, don't see a setting to disable players bat logo for non playing players

#17321 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That looks horrible. but that display change would drive me nuts.

My eyesight is getting worse so I'd rather it be even bigger never mind getting smaller.
No intention at all of updating.

#17322 2 years ago

Thanks @DeathHimself! That's good info. Although, no less annoying that Stern has made that change on all BM66's.

Stern tech support responded to me and said that change to the scoring display is intended for the IC code now.

I'm not sure that makes any sense because I've played Godzilla with IC and it did NOT display the scores that way...‍

I'll keep talking to Stern and see if they have anything else to offer.

#17323 2 years ago

Yes other owners have had buggy code since the last update. Plus I've had more than my fair share of blown Nodes. No interest in updating at this time.

Feel the same as you. Not updating. My game plays perfect, so why mess with it.

#17324 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Feel the same as you. Not updating. My game plays perfect, so why mess with it.

Wish I hadn't.

#17325 2 years ago

And now for something totally different...

For birthday #60 I bought my first pinball machine - 3 years ago (after too much needless research). Of course, it was a new inbox Batman 66. I still own this machine and it is my favorite of over 25 + machines I have owned. I have over HUO 5,000 plays on it and my pinball buddies are very reticent to challenge me on this game for good reason. I am barely an above average player, but this game definitely resonates and it is my number one still.

Many people say it is clunky and yes it can be that - if your shots are off. What makes this game for me is the awesome code. I am still exploring the minor villains as well as the second and third seasons of the major villains. Unfortunately, I was never able to meet Lyman Sheats III in person but in my short deep dive into this hobby he is king.

I had an hour to play this morning, and my goal was to get to villain escape if possible. After a couple of warm up games, my shots were on- time to play ball.

The shots were flowing and I saved MB and penguin for last. I discovered that I had my lowest score ever getting to villain escape. So here is my question to you all, what is the lowest score that you have ever had going into villain escape?

Cheers!

PXL_20220207_135859484 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_135859484 (resized).jpg
#17326 2 years ago

Hello, Im also a proud owner of a routed batman 66 pin.
It hasnt had any fixes done to it and im having a few issues:
minor:
node board one gives overcurrent error if i put a bulb in the tournament button (after a while)
no bulb -> no error

major:
During gameplay often the turntable doesnt rotate to the batphone. All other positions work. In test mode it works 100%.
Very frustrating!

villain vision mini tv screen is white with a dead line on it. Node board 24 does check out correctly (so im thinking its just the display itself?)

Anyone who could shine some light on these issues?
I checked opto's on the turntable all check out correctly.

Thanks!

#17327 2 years ago

I have searched and reviewed many posts on this thread.If anyone can answer this for me I would appreciate it.
Which side blades are the best,and which mods if any are the best.Thanks in advance.

#17328 2 years ago

I like this best but shipping is crazy on the price. Anyone have these at a reasonable price

251CD574-52EB-4CA3-BC37-8C7F069176C6 (resized).jpeg251CD574-52EB-4CA3-BC37-8C7F069176C6 (resized).jpeg
#17329 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

For birthday #60 I bought my first pinball machine - 3 years ago (after too much needless research). Of course, it was a new inbox Batman 66. I still own this machine and it is my favorite of over 25 + machines I have owned. I have over HUO 5,000 plays on it

Wow. I don’t think I’ve put 5000 plays on all my games combined in 20 years. And that includes 2200 plays on a NIB Medieval Madness from 1997.

#17330 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. I don’t think I’ve put 5000 plays on all my games combined in 20 years. And that includes 2200 plays on a NIB Medieval Madness from 1997.

Helps to be semi retired and have OCD tendencies. I did not put all of those games on it- did have some help.

#17331 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I have searched and reviewed many posts on this thread.If anyone can answer this for me I would appreciate it.
Which side blades are the best,and which mods if any are the best.Thanks in advance.

Thank you for all the responses.

#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank you for all the responses.

It’s a big list of mods to tackle. Batman66 has the best mods out there. I got most of them

Essentials:
The Atomic pile
Batphone + Shakespeare bust
The Batcopter
The Batsignal
Siren Covers (slings)

Great ones:
3D Cats
Backboard building
Gotham City Sign
Batman 66 Custom Eaglemoss/Hot Wheels Universal Plate Mod Kit
Batcave spinner upgrade kit
Penguin Umbrella
Parachute Pickup Van
Speaker Light kit w/bats

The like the limited Stern Art blades. The stern batsignal projector is cool too because it’s interactive with the game.

194FF05A-FA77-42D7-BE04-35708453C3EC (resized).jpeg194FF05A-FA77-42D7-BE04-35708453C3EC (resized).jpegF3A8484F-1B01-4A83-9D5B-554BDAAF7D5A (resized).jpegF3A8484F-1B01-4A83-9D5B-554BDAAF7D5A (resized).jpegAD778E99-926B-4534-A979-A711776EF99B (resized).jpegAD778E99-926B-4534-A979-A711776EF99B (resized).jpeg5B275821-BDBA-426F-88A0-5AEAB432F93C (resized).jpeg5B275821-BDBA-426F-88A0-5AEAB432F93C (resized).jpegE25987DF-CC69-44C9-9631-D371B5D64E5B (resized).jpegE25987DF-CC69-44C9-9631-D371B5D64E5B (resized).jpeg1B8C5782-7C2C-4CA2-8B38-8140C879F210 (resized).jpeg1B8C5782-7C2C-4CA2-8B38-8140C879F210 (resized).jpeg6586E334-D3E4-4C90-B740-D1213EAAEAF9 (resized).jpeg6586E334-D3E4-4C90-B740-D1213EAAEAF9 (resized).jpegEE44125D-67FD-4850-83DA-FA235A65985F (resized).jpegEE44125D-67FD-4850-83DA-FA235A65985F (resized).jpeg
#17333 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

For birthday #60 I bought my first pinball machine - 3 years ago (after too much needless research). Of course, it was a new inbox Batman 66. I still own this machine and it is my favorite of over 25 + machines I have owned. I have over HUO 5,000 plays on it and my pinball buddies are very reticent to challenge me on this game for good reason. I am barely an above average player, but this game definitely resonates and it is my number one still.
Many people say it is clunky and yes it can be that - if your shots are off. What makes this game for me is the awesome code. I am still exploring the minor villains as well as the second and third seasons of the major villains. Unfortunately, I was never able to meet Lyman Sheats III in person but in my short deep dive into this hobby he is king.
I had an hour to play this morning, and my goal was to get to villain escape if possible. After a couple of warm up games, my shots were on- time to play ball.
The shots were flowing and I saved MB and penguin for last. I discovered that I had my lowest score ever getting to villain escape. So here is my question to you all, what is the lowest score that you have ever had going into villain escape?
Cheers!
[quoted image]

Cool stuff, I’ve played a lot on mine as well. I think my lowest Villain Escape total would be 108 million. I was trying to get to villain escape as quickly as possible under a timer

44BF636B-47A0-47F4-BFB6-78EB460439AA (resized).png44BF636B-47A0-47F4-BFB6-78EB460439AA (resized).png
#17334 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

It’s a big list of mods to tackle. Batman66 has the best mods out there. I got most of them
Essentials:
The Atomic pile
The Batcopter
The Batsignal
Siren Covers (slings)
Great ones:
3D Cats
Backboard building
Gotham City Sign
Penguin Umbrella
Parachute Pickup Van
Speaker Light kit w/bats
The like the limited Stern Art blades. The stern batsignal projector is cool too because it’s interactive with the game. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow Thank You There are more than I thought.I think I will start with the sideblades and Bat signal.Maybe this should be a Key Post.

#17335 2 years ago

The two siren covers always bothered me since the Batmobile only had one so I never installed them. But otherwise agree with your essentials. If you only get one it has to be the Atomic Pile.

#17336 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Essentials:
The Atomic pile
The Batcopter
The Batsignal
Siren Covers (slings)
Great ones:
3D Cats
Backboard building
Gotham City Sign
Penguin Umbrella
Parachute Pickup Van
Speaker Light kit w/bats
The like the limited Stern Art blades. The stern batsignal projector is cool too because it’s interactive with the game. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The light behind your Gotham City sign is blinding me on mine.Maybe I need that too.

#17337 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The light behind your Gotham City sign is blinding me on mine.Maybe I need that too.

1490FD64-C681-4D3C-B80F-4E76C09BDCD3 (resized).jpeg1490FD64-C681-4D3C-B80F-4E76C09BDCD3 (resized).jpeg19658EA9-9230-4BA5-AA2F-6A1A2953D985 (resized).jpeg19658EA9-9230-4BA5-AA2F-6A1A2953D985 (resized).jpeg
#17338 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Cool stuff, I’ve played a lot on mine as well. I think my lowest Villain Escape total would be 108 million. I was trying to get to villain escape as quickly as possible under a timer [quoted image]

Great job Izzy. Excellent!

#17339 2 years ago

really nice modifications, you have link please of your topper ?

#17340 2 years ago

Hello

I am happy to join this forum, living in France happy owner of a Batman 66 of December 2021 equipped with insider here are some fotos

BAT 1 (resized).jpgBAT 1 (resized).jpgBAT 4 (resized).jpgBAT 4 (resized).jpg
#17341 2 years ago

Anybody following the earlier post about the v1.06 code screwing up the score display...I talked to Stern Tech Support about it. That is just the way they are going in the future. Period.

However, I had the old v1.05 code for my machine and sent it to the support technician to see if I could revert to the older version.

He tested it and said it was OK to back-date the code to v1.05.

I am going to try it out tonight and will report back.

It sounded like Stern may not keep the old code revisions...or you may need to contact Stern to get the older v1.05 code. Unsure on this point.

If someone has a BM66 LE and needs the old v1.05 code, send me a message.

I can email you a Google Drive link to where I posted the original zip format v1.05 code for Stern to use.

#17342 2 years ago
Quoted from riddler35:

Anybody following the earlier post about the v1.06 code screwing up the score display...I talked to Stern Tech Support about it. That is just the way they are going in the future. Period.
However, I had the old v1.05 code for my machine and sent it to the support technician to see if I could revert to the older version.
He tested it and said it was OK to back-date the code to v1.05.
I am going to try it out tonight and will report back.
It sounded like Stern may not keep the old code revisions...or you may need to contact Stern to get the older v1.05 code. Unsure on this point.
If someone has a BM66 LE and needs the old v1.05 code, send me a message.
I can email you a Google Drive link to where I posted the original zip format v1.05 code for Stern to use.

I would highly advise NOT to roll back your code!!!!!!! I did so once by accident and blew a Node instantly. Unless there were no updates to the Nodes in the latest code. But if there was, rolling it back is a Bad idea.

#17343 2 years ago

I would highly advise NOT to roll back your code!!!!!!! I did so once by accident and blew a Node instantly. Unless there were no updates to the Nodes in the latest code. But if there was, rolling it back is a Bad idea.

That is the general rule. But in this case Stern support specifically said it was fine.

#17344 2 years ago

Oh man...I just started the update before reading these posts. Hopefully, it's OK.

Below is the email from Stern. I guess if my nodes blow...I have something to hold them accountable...yeah right!

Screenshot_20220210-214535_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220210-214535_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
#17345 2 years ago

Fingers crossed for you!

#17346 2 years ago

Good news! Stern must have learned from their prior mistakes with back-dating code.

After the code update and power-cycling, the CPU performed another Node board update for the v1.05 code.

There certainly was a Node board update with v1.06. However, I am guessing Stern includes the Node board firmware in the code now and performs the node board update along with the code flash to avoid blowing node boards.

I played the game after updating, and everything looks good. The best part is the scoring display is back to v1.05 code!!!

Thanks for tuning in. Hopefully, it's not the same Bat Time and same Bat Channel tomorrow!!!

#17347 2 years ago

Glad it worked for you

#17348 2 years ago

I want to buy a IC for my Batman 66, do they make different ones ? I want the one that has the Batman 66 decals and everything already installed, all I see if the plain black IC for sale

#17349 2 years ago

Played a game for the first time in a while (been dedicating pinball time to Mando), felt like maybe the Joker magnet was more active during multiball than I remember. That wasn’t called out in the readme for the latest code I don’t think, and I could just be imagining it.. but figured I’d ask!

#17350 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Played a game for the first time in a while (been dedicating pinball time to Mando), felt like maybe the Joker magnet was more active during multiball than I remember. That wasn’t called out in the readme for the latest code I don’t think, and I could just be imagining it.. but figured I’d ask!

I thought the same thing on v1.06. After switching back to the older v1.05, I would say that that feeling holds true.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of that magnet for the Joker shots, so it's a double bonus!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.