Topic Stats

• 6,824 posts
  • 570 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by hawknole
  • Topic is favorited by 220 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG
0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg
2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20190821_175912 (resized).jpg
20190819_185550 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.58.49 AM (resized).png
EBF130DD-E6C3-4E02-8A43-05EE5ABC8624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6824 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 137.
#6801 5 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ok...my game with Pinsound has never had that happen. Balls load fine when I boot the game up.
My issue definitely seems opto related. It won’t always repopulate the Mist ball mid-game, or after a game ends. Luckily I already picked up the opto boards and other parts for my tear down this Fall.
Sorry you’re having issues with the Pinsound. It’s a great upgrade.

Are all the optos in BSD the same? I heard reference to long range optos that goes across the playfield for the magnet, however, with my game currently under construction, it looks to me like that opto is no different than the others, with the exception of the black one having an extra piece of black housing. Plus the manual does not list any different part number. Thanks for any and all help.

#6802 5 days ago

Couple of mods I made for my first bsd around 2011 out of McFarlane figures. Thought I had sold them with the game but found them in storage.

0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
#6803 5 days ago

is it normal that the usb stick gets hot? i've never had one that got this hot, or hot at all, honestly. maybe this sandisk just is a pos.

i'm trying the install right now with unzip'd folder, hazzard. ty.

#6804 5 days ago

it's just getting worse at this point. now i powered it on and it looked like all the coils locked on and i blew 3 fuses. uninstalling board. now i get to see if anything else blew up. fml.

#6805 5 days ago

everything works in test, but some weird stuff happens during game play now. going to try a factory reset...

#6806 5 days ago

i think i'm okay now. coffin lock ramp was going up without me hitting the shot 5 times, but i noticed you get one credited shot at the start of each ball. going to keep an eye on it though.

i'm going to let pinsound know which fuses i blew. this outta be good.

#6807 4 days ago

i played a decent amount last night. everything seems okay. i'm going to order a replacement game rom for sanity purposes.

anything else you guys can think of that i should test? i'm just totally paranoid at this point. i was getting the game really dialed in and was very happy with it before this. if i replace the rom, and all the coils/switches work, i should be good? i want to go over it with a fine tooth comb. i'm very anal with gameplay.

#6808 4 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i think i'm okay now. coffin lock ramp was going up without me hitting the shot 5 times, but i noticed you get one credited shot at the start of each ball. going to keep an eye on it though.

Each time you hit the skill shot, you are credited with both a Coffin ramp shot (if it's not already open) and a werewolf V-I-D-E-O letter. This is not a game malfunction.

As for the fuses, locked on coils, etc, power for the coils and power for the sound are on different circuits and are probably not related.

#6809 4 days ago

i put the original board back in and everything is fine. why is that?

#6810 4 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Each time you hit the skill shot, you are credited with both a Coffin ramp shot (if it's not already open) and a werewolf V-I-D-E-O letter. This is not a game malfunction.
As for the fuses, locked on coils, etc, power for the coils and power for the sound are on different circuits and are probably not related.

I have had this game for about a year and did not know you get credit for the ramp shot for a skill shot. That makes the skill shot that more important. I have been just disregarding the skill shot because the points are pretty small when your going for a billion or so.

#6811 4 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i put the original board back in and everything is fine. why is that?

I can't tell you without knowing what fuses blew and you didn't indicate. In terms of electrical signal, you've got +12V (fuse F115), ground and 2 lines out, one for the backbox and one for the cabinet speakers.

Quoted from smcclain65:

I have had this game for about a year and did not know you get credit for the ramp shot for a skill shot. That makes the skill shot that more important. I have been just disregarding the skill shot because the points are pretty small when your going for a billion or so.

I've got some friends who are top ranked players who weren't even a way of this until I showed them. Why only going for a billion?

#6812 4 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I've got some friends who are top ranked players who weren't even a way of this until I showed them. Why only going for a billion?

Haha, thats funny. I am going for a billion because I close to getting it, then going higher.

#6813 4 days ago

Some people should go watch Bowen's tutorial on this game on YT. Lots of good stuff there.

#6814 4 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

Some people should go watch Bowen's tutorial on this game on YT. Lots of good stuff there.

Is this the one from papaTV, if so I have watched that quite a few times. But he just mentions the points in the skill shot not getting a letter and ramp shot.

#6815 4 days ago

my bad. f104, 105 and 112.

#6816 4 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my bad. f104, 105 and 112.

Those 3 fuses all deal with solenoids and all 3 are on the same electrical path as each other.

According to the schematic, the sound board gets its power from a completely different and unrelated electrical path.

Since the WPC PinSound boards use the same electrical connections as the OEM board, my bet is that you may have shorted something or installed something incorrectly.

#6817 4 days ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Are all the optos in BSD the same? I heard reference to long range optos that goes across the playfield for the magnet, however, with my game currently under construction, it looks to me like that opto is no different than the others, with the exception of the black one having an extra piece of black housing. Plus the manual does not list any different part number. Thanks for any and all help.

The long beam opto is a different part from the others.

#6818 3 days ago

wouldn't a short blow fuses immediately? i didn't start blowing fuses until day 2 of troubleshooting.

#6819 2 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

wouldn't a short blow fuses immediately? i didn't start blowing fuses until day 2 of troubleshooting.

Depends on the short.

#6820 2 days ago

yeah, i'm not saying i didn't mess something up. do i want to try, again? not really. not after all that. it sucks. just blew, what, $400...

#6821 2 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The long beam opto is a different part from the others.

Thanks, any idea what the part number for the long beam opto is?

I have my BSD fully torn apart and I replaced all the standard optos. In looking at the long range ones they look the same with the exception of a bare silver wire (extra ground?) on the black side and an extra empty black side housing that stacks in front of the black housing, almost like a gun sight. Plus a cardboard cover to prevent shorting along the side rails for both black and white optos. They apparently plug into their own opto board.

Pics below...

IMG-1709 (resized).JPGIMG-1710 (resized).JPGIMG-1711 (resized).JPGIMG-1712 (resized).JPGIMG-1713 (resized).JPGIMG-1714 (resized).JPG
#6822 2 days ago

regarding shorts blowing fuses. fuses only blow when the short happens between the voltage supply and a component which will be a load facilitating the voltage drop. think of pull up resistors on data buses. busses are precharged but are shorted to ground when you need a 0 logic but the resistor limits current flow and facilitates the voltage drop. the same can happen on the boards allowing partial current on part of the circuit but in essence removing other parts in a shorted section or shorts can be partial from a chip, enough to draw down voltage but not enough to stress a fuse. I actually had a dead short on a light bulb on a dragon pinball that would burn out the fuse while playing the game but not in test mode. the fuse was a slow blo. the test mode cycled the lights fast enough so that the short was powered on long enough to blo the fuse.

#6823 2 days ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks, any idea what the part number for the long beam opto is?

According to the manual, the part numbers are the same as the other optos in the game, A-14315 and A-14316.

I also don’t recall having to track down different optos when I tore my game down.

#6824 2 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

According to the manual, the part numbers are the same as the other optos in the game, A-14315 and A-14316.
I also don’t recall having to track down different optos when I tore my game down.

Cool, thanks Dave. I am going to go for the swap out then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
There are 6824 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside