IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 224.
#9551 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just put a Mirco in mine a few months back. Beautiful playfield. Glassy smooth. All major holes were of course correct and the dimples were pretty close. Only hiccup I recall was having to use a dremel tool to "deepen" a recessed area on the topside where the long range optos mount. I think that's where it was.... I'm very happy with the quality.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Zee:

I hope your topcoat does not peel away on that Mirco.

Quoted from mbaumle:

My anecdotal experience: My TZ and AFM both have Mirco playfields in them. I do not baby my games. They get played A LOT. They all look as good today as the day they were swapped out. Zero chipping, peeling, or pooling. I like his product…
Aside, BSD is an unusually well built game for the era, ImNotNorm. Where games use painted wooden rails, BSD uses metal. Scoops, ramps, and kicker welds seem to hold up all really well. Just keep an eye out for problems with that long beam opto, and you’ll be fine.

I'm not trying to start a Mirco shit fest here or anything.

The only reason I ask is because of threads I've read on pinside and complaints from some of his customers, etc. Just trying to guage the odds of getting a bad one on a BSD.

Additionally, my BSD has some light planking and that's why I'm asking about a repro or NOS playfield replacement for down the road. (I have new ramps on mine)

I purchased is because it's a tough pin and should keep my competitive wife entertained and frustrated for years to come. It'll only help harness her skills for tournaments and competitions that she loves to participate in. She's very competitive.

So I figured, buy the repro replacement and let it sit for a few years. Play the crap out of this one til it's time for a restoration.

Knowing it's brutal reputation it'll prolly stay bolted to the floor in my game room for a long time.

#9552 1 year ago

I installed a Micro playfield on my BSD. Very happy with the results.

IMG_1214 (resized).jpegIMG_1214 (resized).jpegIMG_1215 (resized).jpegIMG_1215 (resized).jpegIMG_1347 (resized).jpegIMG_1347 (resized).jpeg
#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

I hope your topcoat does not peel away on that Mirco.

I have zero concerns about that. I'm aware he had some sort of adhesion issue at some point in the past. I'm also aware that he's a complete asshead if you have any customer service issues (I know that firsthand). However, many many other pinside members reassured me on the quality of their Mirco playfields. If this one does bugger up at some point, I guess I'll look into a new old stock.

#9554 1 year ago

BSD club members. What were the two Mfg of playfields installed new in BSD at the factory?
What were the differences? What is an original like the one pictured worth?
I purchased my BSD machine when I first started collecting in the mid 1990’s. It is still my favorite machine. I purchased this playfield a few years later. I’ve had it hanging on the wall since then.

981BA2FA-20A8-417B-B488-E539E0A0B321 (resized).jpeg981BA2FA-20A8-417B-B488-E539E0A0B321 (resized).jpegA5BC7B99-72E8-4BD7-ABC1-7CF2C5E9C7C2 (resized).jpegA5BC7B99-72E8-4BD7-ABC1-7CF2C5E9C7C2 (resized).jpeg
#9555 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

BSD club members. What were the two Mfg of playfields installed new in BSD at the factory?
I purchased my BSD machine when I first started collecting in the mid 1990’s. It is still my favorite machine. I purchased this playfield a few years later. I’ve had it hanging on the wall since then.
[quoted image][quoted image]

SP is sun process I believe. That's supposed to be the better of the 2. That's the extent of my knowledge though.

#9556 1 year ago

Does anyone else have the BSD hologram? It’s not pinball related but a very cool collector piece. I also own Creature and it’s a similar type of hologram but actually better as the image doesn’t move like creature, it changes from Drac to werewolf to bat depending on the angle it’s viewed from.

423E0CF6-5FA0-4D43-89B5-046AF7FB667E (resized).jpeg423E0CF6-5FA0-4D43-89B5-046AF7FB667E (resized).jpeg82009773-12BE-42E4-B8AB-E4CF5F29838F (resized).jpeg82009773-12BE-42E4-B8AB-E4CF5F29838F (resized).jpegFE59CCB2-1410-4A46-A3E7-458C6FEB749A (resized).jpegFE59CCB2-1410-4A46-A3E7-458C6FEB749A (resized).jpeg
#9557 1 year ago

I have a NOS Sun Products playfield which is the better of the two originals from what I’ve heard here on Pinside. Feel free to Pm an offer if you are interested.

That things worth more than a kidney !

#9558 1 year ago

Does anyone else have the BSD hologram? It’s not pinball related but a very cool collector piece. I also own Creature and it’s a similar type of hologram but actually better as the image doesn’t move like creature, it changes from Drac to werewolf to bat depending on the angle it’s viewed from.

That is a pretty cool hologram. Are these available to purchase anywhere? That would look great on my game room wall.

Gord

#9559 1 year ago

If anyone is keen on a custom Gothic edition playfield as per my original custom machine ...drop me a pm

#9560 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I installed a Micro playfield on my BSD. Very happy with the results.

Beautiful

I also put a Mirco Playfild in mine recently. Very happy with it so far.

#9561 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

If anyone is keen on a custom Gothic edition playfield as per my original custom machine ...drop me a pm

Please post a picture of your custom playfield.

#9562 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

SP is sun process I believe. That's supposed to be the better of the 2. That's the extent of my knowledge though.

I have an original Chruchill in mine; thing is still minty with no insert issues and it's smooth as glass.

#9563 1 year ago

Coooolll!!!

#9564 1 year ago

Nice! Mine will eventually make it in the game if I can find ramps
89B2FF1E-C306-4699-B627-899A766DB490 (resized).png89B2FF1E-C306-4699-B627-899A766DB490 (resized).png

#9565 1 year ago

Had some work completed on the lockdown bar. Just need to have it chromed.

4584664D-BEE8-428F-8880-A8FACA7A700A (resized).jpeg4584664D-BEE8-428F-8880-A8FACA7A700A (resized).jpeg
#9566 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]

HOLY. CRAP.

RM

#9567 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]

Omg.... that looks awesome. I want one

#9568 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]

DAMN!!

#9569 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]

Who did the work and what did they charge?
I’m sure they are many others like me who want one!

#9570 1 year ago

Who did the work and what did they charge?
I’m sure they are many others like me who want one!

If you’re interested please send me a PM.

#9571 1 year ago

Are there any mods that can be suggested for BSD? Not tacky trinkets or action figure type mods.

I'm thinking color DMD, invisiglass and drac mod to replace the Ron Jeremy. But apparently the drac mod is unobtanium.

I saw some torches for the coffin that looked neat. (Mezelmods)

Would appreciate any input.

#9572 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Are there any mods that can be suggested for BSD? Not tacky trinkets or action figure type mods.
I'm thinking color DMD, invisiglass and drac mod to replace the Ron Jeremy. But apparently the drac mod is unobtanium.

The torches with the flickering firelight option are amazing, if you can still get them. Really impactful mod but super easy to install.

#9573 1 year ago

Anyone had light interference with the most opto from leds?

#9574 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Pinsound board, small sobwoofer, and color DMD would be my first priority starting from scratch. After that, hand painted village, graveyard, and castle look great. Followed by the decorative switch covers (I forget who made them) and the flickering tombstone lights. Of course the coffin mod is nice also.

#9575 1 year ago

Check post 9002 for painted plastics

#9576 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Look at my coffin mod

#9577 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies folks.

Quoted from November:

Look at my coffin mod

Where did you get this mod? It's awesome!

#9578 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks for the replies folks.

Where did you get this mod? It's awesome!

I made it.

You can check it in the All Modding forum section

#9579 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

I made it.
You can check it in the All Modding forum section

There is a business opportunity for you; every BSD owner will want one. I am not big on mods but yours is tastefully done and functional...would love to have it in my machine.

#9580 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

There is a business opportunity for you; every BSD owner will want one. I am not big on mods but yours is tastefully done and functional...would love to have it in my machine.

I would buy one in a heartbeat! (no pun intended)

#9581 1 year ago

That is something I would add to mine. Sign me up.

#9582 1 year ago

For those who are interested in, please show your interest here :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nov-dracula-coffin-mod-with-a-rising-bat-creature-inside-

Need to centralize there to make a list.

Thanks !

#9583 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

For those who are interested in, please show your interest here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nov-dracula-coffin-mod-with-a-rising-bat-creature-inside-
Need to centralize there to make a list.
Thanks !

I signed up in the thread. Thanks for doing this!

#9584 1 year ago

Hello. I have an issue as when i shoot the ball into the scoop to start mist or to get a mystery award, the ball does not pause for the dmd sequence to complete, it just spits the ball back out while the dmd is still doing its thing. It started doin this a few wks ago.
I have also replaced the optos at the up kicker after this has started. The subway switch also works in switch test. Anyone have an idea? Thanks

#9585 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]

I really like how that looks! Does having it chromed make the engraving blend in and make it less noticeable?

#9586 1 year ago

I really like how that looks! Does having it chromed make the engraving blend in and make it less noticeable?

Not really . Look like this

B62CD6F5-E66E-4568-AB4C-0A7AE4F0393F (resized).pngB62CD6F5-E66E-4568-AB4C-0A7AE4F0393F (resized).png
#9587 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Not really . Look like this
[quoted image]

Damn that looks amazing!

#9588 1 year ago

Lenc Smith (LS) is the other playfield type and, I believe, the more common one. The LS playfields are more susceptible to planking than the SP playfields.

#9589 1 year ago

I had been dealing with an issue for about 6 months or more of randomly firing optos/switches. I had a tech look at it and posted the prob here. Over in the TZ thread, someone mentioned their auto plunge coil would randomly fire in attract mode, which my BSD was doing. I assumed it was a board issue, and I tried swapping nearly all the boards in the backbox to no avail. In the TZ thread they suggested an opto board might be the problem. I finally looked at mine on BSD under the pf, and found this…

Replaced it with a new opto board today from Pinball Life and all issues resolved!

E78FCC49-9220-4210-B021-7D5DF5FF1ADA (resized).jpegE78FCC49-9220-4210-B021-7D5DF5FF1ADA (resized).jpeg
#9590 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I had been dealing with an issue for about 6 months or more of randomly firing optos/switches. I had a tech look at it and posted the prob here. Over in the TZ thread, someone mentioned their auto plunge coil would randomly fire in attract mode, which my BSD was doing. I assumed it was a board issue, and I tried swapping nearly all the boards in the backbox to no avail. In the TZ thread they suggested an opto board might be the problem. I finally looked at mine on BSD under the pf, and found this…
Replaced it with a new opto board today from Pinball Life and all issues resolved!
[quoted image]

Good to know! I think I've heard a coil randomly firing occasionally in attract mode on mine.

#9591 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

These are good posts to tag as key posts.

#9592 1 year ago

What pinball machine do you regret selling the most and why is it Bram Stokers Dracula?

#9593 1 year ago

Rebuilt the flippers, looking forward to see if they feel improved. Watched Bowen’s tutorial where he hit the left ramp 97 times, I’ve got to do better than I am!

Also need to replace a flaky diode on one of the coffin lamps.

#9594 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

What pinball machine do you regret selling the most and why is it Bram Stokers Dracula?

Just bought back into the club two weeks ago. I won't make the same mistake again.

#9595 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Just bought back into the club two weeks ago. I won't make the same mistake again.

Same here. Bought back in a couple months ago after letting a pretty nice one get away. Lesson learned lol

#9596 1 year ago

I'm on my third, hopefully for good now!

First one was an original restored by others which was very nice. Second was the black and white Gothic edition I detailed earlier alot which went to a good home with my custom Stranger things and Alien last year.

I have a players one now and will be going full blown custom again over the next 3-6months with some enhancements from my last version. No playfield planking at all so keen to see where it was from...never seen one without it here.

There have been some copies in some parts of my last version so I am going to offer up custom parts as I go for others this time as well if there is interest for any or all of the parts and mods I do.

I love the game play alot, can be so brutal but so rewarding as well. Great video mode set to hard, flow and the epic pinsound mix by hazzard which is a great base for any custom tweaks. In my all time top 10 games for sure. And I miss my green mist interactive smoke machine!

Here is my last one if you haven't seen it.

#9597 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Second was the black and white Gothic edition I detailed earlier alot which went to a good home

Work of art. I love my BSD with Pinsound. But that gothic BSD is spectacular. Whoever ended up with it is a very lucky collector. Glad to hear you are doing another restoration. Post pics!

#9598 1 year ago

That is absurd! Is there a build thread here on pinside for it?

Quoted from KJS:

I'm on my third, hopefully for good now!
First one was an original restored by others which was very nice. Second was the black and white Gothic edition I detailed earlier alot which went to a good home with my custom Stranger things and Alien last year.
I have a players one now and will be going full blown custom again over the next 3-6months with some enhancements from my last version. No playfield planking at all so keen to see where it was from...never seen one without it here.
There have been some copies in some parts of my last version so I am going to offer up custom parts as I go for others this time as well if there is interest for any or all of the parts and mods I do.
I love the game play alot, can be so brutal but so rewarding as well. Great video mode set to hard, flow and the epic pinsound mix by hazzard which is a great base for any custom tweaks. In my all time top 10 games for sure. And I miss my green mist interactive smoke machine!
Here is my last one if you haven't seen it.

#9599 1 year ago

I had a terrible Popeye experience with PinSound but forgot how much I love this soundtrack.

#9600 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

My whole approach to having pinball machines was to have them constantly rotating in and out. I don't think I can let Bram Stokers Dracula go though. Had people tell me I'd get bored with it because it's not deep, but man, I love how quick and difficult this one is. Still get a rush getting 30 million.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.