Topic Stats

• 6,843 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by TDEX
  • Topic is favorited by 220 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,095 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (15) (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpg
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpg
fzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpg
54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif
IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG
0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg
2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6843 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 137.
#1151 5 years ago

Awesome. Thanks. Now I won't be as nervous when pulling them off. Hopefully the machine won't get sold out from under me since I can't get there until Saturday morning.

#1152 5 years ago

I've got the game, don't recall ever watching the whole movie, I'll get it on blu ray haha.

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from Raven2012:

Just finished with mine, this machine was left for dead but i blew new eternal life into it

The legs are arrrhghghgh in red, I'll do a good blue soon.

draculapin.JPG 196 KB

DSC_0282.JPG 286 KB

DSC_0300.jpg 244 KB

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I've got the game, don't recall ever watching the whole movie, I'll get it on blu ray haha.

Not a bad film. Quite dark. Keenau's bearable in this one (cf JM)

#1158 5 years ago

Stupid computer, sorry about that.

#1159 5 years ago

My plastic arrived as well and looks sharp. Thanks for the help, centerflank!

#1160 5 years ago

Well, hoping to join the club tomorrow and it suddenly occurred to me that I'm not 100% sure if it'll fit in my vehicle. Does anyone know the measurements with the legs removed and the backbox folded down on top?

Thanks.

#1161 5 years ago

It's 28 3/4 wide (widest part of the back box) but I'm guessing you mean the height.

Folded down, the top of the "bottom" of the backbox to the bottom of the cab is approx 30 inches (I measured it at an angle). Since the top of the backbox folds down lower on to the cabinet it isn't as high. Maximum of 30 inches in height.

#1162 5 years ago

Thanks for that quick reply. 30 inches will fit no problem even in the little Matrix I think. It gets twice the gas mileage of my Jeep, so I was hoping that could handle the job.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Not a bad film. Quite dark. Keenau's bearable in this one (cf JM)

Bearable is a good way to describe it Gary Oldman makes up for Keanus appearance though!

#1164 5 years ago

I'm in! Now, if my cart hadn't had a flat that I didn't realize I'd be up and running instead of it being wrapped and waiting on the garage floor. Time to start ordering goodies.

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I'm in! Now, if my cart hadn't had a flat that I didn't realize I'd be up and running instead of it being wrapped and waiting on the garage floor. Time to start ordering goodies.

Congratulations and welcome.

#1166 5 years ago

Thanks. It's making me crazy that it's just sitting there. Hopefully it'll be in it's place soon and then I can think about how to tinker with it and get some pics up. I suppose in the mean time I can start taking down the flat screen that's currently in that corner and get it ready to be swapped to the other side of the room.

Anyway, I'm glad to be in the club and soon I'll be picking everyone's brain about mods and all kinds of little things I'm sure. It does have LEDs so that's one thing I won't have to do. Although I've seen some shots of colored ones in the translite that really make it pop so I might have to swap some out for colored versions.

#1167 5 years ago

I agree. Just finished mine.

IMAG0493.jpg
IMAG0496.jpg

#1168 5 years ago

Wow - I'm off to the games room now to do some colour swapping!

#1169 5 years ago

Well, it's not in place yet, but it's up and running. This week, I'm going to order some new LEDs to hopefully make mine look nice like aobrien5's above. I also have to pull the 40" off the wall and put it in the other corner now, pain in the neck, but that corner is where BSD is going to look best.

My "Love Never Dies" doesn't light up quite as well as I'd like, some letters barely have light, so I'll have to check into that. I'm hoping that since it's all LED that it'll be an easy adjustment.

Sound is good, but I'm thinking a Flipper Fidelity kit is going to be ordered soon, unless there's another kit people recommend.

Graveyard also needs a little lighting and I'm thinking some nice red under cab LEDs would look nice and go with the red LEDs in the Rockstar fridge that's right nearby.

Oh and my high so far is a pathetic 56.9 million.

Forgive the terrible cell phone shot.BSD.jpg

#1170 5 years ago

Love never dies is lit by three flashers and is probably not led'ed if the back box wasn't. Three flex flashers would light it up pretty good.

#1171 5 years ago

The backbox does have LEDs, and this is what's in the Love Never Dies. These 3 only really do a good job of lighting up Lo Ne Di pretty much.
Suggestions?
LoveNeverDies.jpg

#1172 5 years ago

Forget those flashers, they are useless. Install an led strip. Look at the sky, there's one there too, changing colors.

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I agree. Just finished mine.

IMAG0496.jpg 116 KB

WOW that looks great !

The blue sky is only made with blue LED's ?? Do you use normal led or superbright LEDs ?

Mike

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Forget those flashers, they are useless. Install an led strip. Look at the sky, there's one there too, changing colors.
» YouTube video

great idea and looks great!

i have a LED stripe with 12V , but i think for flashers there are 13,6 Volt ? or do i think wrong ?

Mike

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

y.
Oh and my high so far is a pathetic 56.9 million.

BSD.jpg 164 KB

I followed up a 430 million point game with one where I didn't even break 5 million and that's with regular flippers. The game downright mean when you miss your shots. I can get pretty decent games if I can consistently hit the left ramp. If I can do that, I can start bat mode ,which is nice because the bonus you get applies to everything ball, mist mode, and get an extra ball.

#1176 5 years ago

I recently did a full tear down right to the pf. Im about halfway to putting her back together and im thinking i didnt take enough pics

Does anyone have a link to say a photobucket or flickr where they stored their pics during a tear down i could look at.

Thanks.

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

WOW that looks great !

The blue sky is only made with blue LED's ?? Do you use normal led or superbright LEDs ?

Mike

Actually the blue sky is done with blues and cool whites and I used cointaker frosted LEDs so that it wasn't too bright and blow everything out. When I put blues in the ones directly behind a large section of Dracula letter it turned it purple, so there are also reds up in that area.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Does anyone have a link to say a photobucket or flickr where they stored their pics during a tear down i could look at.

No, but if you need something specific I may have it.

Quoted from Prefect:

I followed up a 430 million point game with one where I didn't even break 5 million and that's with regular flippers.

Put up my best score yesterday. 1.9b with 39 loops with lightning flippers. It was awesome.

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

I recently did a full tear down right to the pf. Im about halfway to putting her back together and im thinking i didnt take enough pics
Thanks.

Got a link im all set, you guys rock!

Thanks to those who offered, if i get stuck ill ask for help.

Thanks

#1180 5 years ago

Does anyone have one of these for sale in the metro detroit area?

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Got a link im all set, you guys rock!
Thanks to those who offered, if i get stuck ill ask for help.
Thanks

I have lots of teardown pics too if you're stuck.

#1182 5 years ago

Quick bit of help please. My left flipper won't stay up, and fails the Lflipper hold test. EOS leaf switch is open at rest, and closes as per normal, all leads attached. Any fixes?

#1183 5 years ago

Does the eos switch work properly in switch test?

#1184 5 years ago

Measure the ohms on the coil, see if the hold (thin wire) is not fried.
If so, suspect blown transistor on pcb

#1185 5 years ago

thanks I'll test both these.

#1186 5 years ago

Switch test is fine. Measure voltages. Hold wire doesn't seem to be getting power like the one on right side. Must be something on the flipptronic board. Getting back into scary territory. how do I test the transistor?

#1187 5 years ago

Transistor Testing procedures using a DMM.
If the driver board is out of the game for some reason (like to fix the burnt GI connector pins), test all the transistors. It only takes a moment, and will
ultimately save time. To test a transistor, a digital multi-meter (DMM) is needed, set to the “diode” position. NOTE: testing transistors with a DMM is not 100% fool-proof. A transistor can test as “good” and still be bad (rare, but it does happen!).
Testing Transistors INSTALLED in the WPC driver board.

TIP36c: Put the red lead of the DMM on the metal tab of the transistor. Put the black lead of the DMM on each of the two outside legs of the
transistor. A reading of .4 to .6 volts should be seen. Put the black lead on the center transistor leg (collector) and the red lead on the metal
tab, and a zero reading should be seen. Put the black lead of the DMM on the left/top (base) leg of the transistor. The red lead on the center
transistor leg should show .4 to .6 volts. The red lead on the right/bottom leg should be .2 volts. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.
TIP102: Put the black lead of the DMM on the metal tab of the transistor. Put the red lead of the DMM on each of the two outside legs of the
transistor. A reading of .4 to .6 volts should be seen. Put the red lead on the center transistor leg (collector), and a zero reading should be
seen. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.
TIP107: Put the red lead of the DMM on the center leg or on the metal tab of the transistor. Put the black lead of the DMM on each of the two
outside legs of the transistor. A reading of .4 to .6 volts should be seen. Put the black lead on the center transistor leg (collector) and the red
lead on the metal tab, and a zero reading should be seen. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.
2N5401, MPSD52, 2N4403 (pre-drivers): Put the black lead of the DMM on the center leg of the transistor (note this transistor doesn’t have a metal tab). Put the red lead of the DMM on each of the two outside

#1188 5 years ago

hi dendoc,did you test the coil with ohms first like thor posted? if the thin wire is broken the hold won't get power.look at the thin wire give it a wiggle. compare readings with other coil. g.l. joe

#1189 5 years ago

Thanks all. Learning heaps. Test time later today. Poor drac.

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

..... Poor drac.

Right on that He wants to feel miserable, and you making him better. Poor Drac

#1191 5 years ago

Well, ordered the Cointaker Love Never Dies LED kit and some Cliffy protectors. Next up I'm going to order something to light up the graveyard. Should I just order up a spotlight or a specific kit?

I'm also working on a topper for my machine. I've had one of those red wolf's armor helmets for about a year now and never had a good place to display it. I got it on ebay and the paint job couldn't be worse, talk about disappointed, but on top of or mounted above the machine it shouldn't be noticeable, especially if lit by some red LEDs, etc.

So far I haven't had any problems with the machine aside from not being any good at it (110mil is my slightly less pathetic high score), but I'm glad there are so many knowledgeable brains to pick if and when I do have an issue.

#1192 5 years ago

Just a spotlight. I just did mine, too. Purple or UV led would be my suggestion for the bulb.

#1193 5 years ago

Hoping to join this weekend.

Can anyone talk of the shop out on bsd? Mine will need it badly.

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hoping to join this weekend.
Can anyone talk of the shop out on bsd? Mine will need it badly.

Take lots of pictures and measure all the posts. There are a lot of different lengths that are very close. Fairly straightforward shop job.

#1195 5 years ago

Can be a pain to shop. There's a PDF on here with a good step by step.

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Take lots of pictures and measure all the posts. There are a lot of different lengths that are very close. Fairly straightforward shop job.

Yea, that's the most difficult piece of the job.

I suggest keeping the parts of different areas separate and mark the pieces and make notes.

Robert

#1197 5 years ago

Was looking at the pdf tomdotcom sent me. Yikes.

The things I hate the most are when removing posts, the t-nut falling into the cab. PITA!!

I should just hold out and spend a little more money and get one fully shopped and ledded.

#1198 5 years ago

Putting LEDs in this game is no walk in the park. Several require ramps to be removed and many are in very tight spots.

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, ordered the Cointaker Love Never Dies LED kit and some Cliffy protectors. Next up I'm going to order something to light up the graveyard.

I ordered a green LED strip from Pinballbulbs and was pretty happy with the results.
image.jpg

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I ordered a green LED strip from Pinballbulbs and was pretty happy with the results.

image.jpg 168 KB

Wow, that looks pretty interesting. Did you just mount the strip inside? Pretty nice effect.
Keith

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
There are 6843 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside