Topic Stats

• 7,006 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 141.
#1401 5 years ago

Didn't have to take much apart to Chang my GIs to LEDs.But some are a bit tricky would help if you have long fingers.

#1402 5 years ago

hi blackbeard,do the g.i. from under the playfield. do the flashers too. see ya at pinfest. joe

#1403 5 years ago

So all GI can be swapped from under the pf?

#1404 5 years ago

no there is 3 555's under the left ramp.but you might be able to get at them if you loosen the ramp. joe

#1405 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip joe2012 I will look into that!

What kind of LED flashers is everyone using behind Love Never Dies?
As mentioned I have the Cointaker strip there which looks great, but if I have to remove one mod that'd be it since that's technically only supposed to light when you get a quickly drained ball. So basically what's the brightest LED flasher that would fit there?

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Thanks for the tip joe2012 I will look into that!
What kind of LED flashers is everyone using behind Love Never Dies?
As mentioned I have the Cointaker strip there which looks great, but if I have to remove one mod that'd be it since that's technically only supposed to light when you get a quickly drained ball. So basically what's the brightest LED flasher that would fit there?

How about putting a dedicated 12v supply into your service-outlet
Could be it works all fine after that

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

How about putting a dedicated 12v supply into your service-outlet
Could be it works all fine after that

Ok, being almost completely clueless where is the service outlet and how is that done?

#1408 5 years ago

the service outlet is always on.it's in the silver box on the bottom of the cabinet.to the right of the coin box. joe

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

the service outlet is always on.it's in the silver box on the bottom of the cabinet.to the right of the coin box. joe

^^ where he says it is
Plug in your powercord

#1410 5 years ago

Hmm, that empty cut out looks suspiciously like it could have once held an outlet. I know my game was a reimport from Europe, could that be why it's gone?

service outlet.jpg
#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Hmm, that empty cut out looks suspiciously like it could have once held an outlet. I know my game was a reimport from Europe, could that be why it's gone?

Haha, yup. Looks very familiar. Just like my reimport. Not too tough to install a new one. There was a thread about it not long ago.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

service outlet.jpg 170 KB

That's exactly why it's gone. No sense in putting in a 120 volt outlet in a game going overseas. Normally there would be a rubber plug in the hole.

#1413 5 years ago

Jeez, I didn't even get the rubber plug. lol I'm glad to know I just wasn't not seeing it.

I need to learn a bit more about electronics. I assumed that since the DKPinball FS-8 had 8 plugs in it and I had only 3 mods to plug into it, surely it must be able to handle that without a fuse blowing. I suppose it's rather like saying "I can't be out of money, I still have checks left."

Time to hunt down the thread aobrien5 mentioned and see what I can do. Worst case scenario I'll simply convert the topper to a regular plug, since I have an outlet right up there from where the TV was before I had BSD.

I'm sure glad you guys are here for me to ask silly questions to, I'd be lost without this thread and Pinside. So thanks fellas.

#1414 5 years ago

Here you go.http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-differences-with-a-reimport

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Here you go.http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-differences-with-a-reimport

Thanks, this helps a ton and doesn't look overly difficult.

Question to anyone who might know, since the 12V fuse is what kept blowing and I actually had things plugged in two different places, one on the just inside the coin door on the left panel at the bottom and then using the DKPinball tap up at J117 in the back box. If I add in plug should it keep things from blowing if I plug one in there? While I can do things like route coax behind walls, install outlets behind tvs I've mounted on walls, etc. The actual knowledge of what is too much power in a pinball is way beyond me.

#1416 5 years ago

That it , it done, if anybody want one let me know(d-r-a-c-u-l-a insert) , it $40 each+ SHIP

20140426_200348.jpg 20140426_200446.jpg
#1417 5 years ago

I am just creating problems as I LED this game. the ball is not recognized after going into mystery /mist hole. It looks like the kicker is not working. I guess to start look up the kicker number and try it in the switch test mode? I had the bottom ramp off replacing LED's and it worked fine for a time...

#1418 5 years ago

Is the ramp/subway resting underneath the metal plate that the coil is on? if so, that might be preventing the ball from rolling onto the vertical uplift kicker (VUK) and being read by the optos. If it is under the plate it acts kind of like a step and if the ball does not have enough speed it can not roll into the circular hole on the plate. Thats what happened to me.

#1419 5 years ago

If you go into a solenoid test you can see if the coil is working. If it is, go into a single switch test for that part of the game. The optos that act a switch should be reading closed. If the ball is on the VUK the switch should be reading as open. If the coil and optos are ok, then it is a chance that the ball is getting hung up.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Is the ramp/subway resting underneath the metal plate that the coil is on? if so, that might be preventing the ball from rolling onto the vertical uplift kicker (VUK) and being read by the optos. If it is under the plate it acts kind of like a step and if the ball does not have enough speed it can not roll into the circular hole on the plate. Thats what happened to me.

THANK YOU

I think this is exactly the issue. When I return to where the game is I will look but when I reinstalled the subway I remember looking at that fitment and wondering if it was right. I had a difficult time fitting the subway back after replacing LED's. Is it supposed to be flush with the kicker? This is the same area where the GI is all of a sudden not working also but I don't see were I disconnected a wire.

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

no there is 3 555's under the left ramp.but you might be able to get at them if you loosen the ramp. joe

What color/type LED look good for the 3 under the ramp?

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

What color/type LED look good for the 3 under the ramp?

I have frosted purple CoinTakers. Doesn't wash out the decal print but acentuates it, imho

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I have frosted purple CoinTakers. Doesn't wash out the decal print but acentuates it, imho

That's a good idea. I have purple in that area too, but the purple flex did wash it out, so I put yellow flex in there.

#1424 5 years ago

looking forward to this club, my BSD should arrive tomorrow. can't wait.

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

my BSD should arrive tomorrow

Its a great machine to play, need to get the left ramp, LOTS!!

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

THANK YOU
I think this is exactly the issue. When I return to where the game is I will look but when I reinstalled the subway I remember looking at that fitment and wondering if it was right. I had a difficult time fitting the subway back after replacing LED's. Is it supposed to be flush with the kicker? This is the same area where the GI is all of a sudden not working also but I don't see were I disconnected a wire.

If you want I can try to post a picture tomorrow of the way that my subway is installed. Once I changed the way that I had originally installed it, I had no problems.

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

If you want I can try to post a picture tomorrow of the way that my subway is installed. Once I changed the way that I had originally installed it, I had no problems.

I would really appreciate the photo. I have not had a chance to look at the game as it is not at home right now. I am storing it at my local arcade where it is easier to install LED's and fix certain items. I am very confident this solution is the answer.

Quoted from aobrien5:

That's a good idea. I have purple in that area too, but the purple flex did wash it out, so I put yellow flex in there.

Does anything need to come off before I remove the left ramp?

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I have the purple just before that area under the left middle targets. I will give it a try.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Does anything need to come off before I remove the left ramp?

I think the left wireform. You just have to very carefully lift the ramp entrance. Its difficult to reach the back bulb. Hopefully you have long fingers.

#1430 5 years ago

delivery of my clearcoated BSD is not till tomorrow now.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

delivery of my clearcoated BSD is not till tomorrow now.

It will be worth the wait. That game can be brutal. Great for a home collection. Good luck with it.

#1432 5 years ago

yeah, I was warned about this one in particular being extra brutal with the CC playfield. that is what keeps a home game interesting.

#1433 5 years ago

Which LEDS are you guys using in the GI on the playfield? Ultrabrights? Cool?

#1434 5 years ago

I found that super bands really help the brutality of this game. its still brutal, but i found my score doubling since i put them on.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Which LEDS are you guys using in the GI on the playfield? Ultrabrights? Cool?

Cointaker retro. Cool on the lower, red in upper right, purple in upper left.

Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I found that super bands really help the brutality of this game. its still brutal, but i found my score doubling since i put them on.

I have to agree here. Same experience.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Here is how I believe the subway should rest on top of the plate for the up kicker. I had it underneath it and the ball would not move into position to be shot up onto the playfield. Since I changed it I have not had any problems.034.JPG

#1437 5 years ago

Can I join

2014-04-29 10.25.45.jpg

#1438 5 years ago

Welcome Kiwi!

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Can I join

2014-04-29 10.25.45.jpg 334 KB

Only if you plan on staying.......FOREVER!!!

#1440 5 years ago

Christchurch - You better bolt wind back the tilt switch , WELCOME

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Here is how I believe the subway should rest on top of the plate for the up kicker. I had it underneath it and the ball would not move into position to be shot up onto the playfield. Since I changed it I have not had any problems.

034.JPG 39 KB

That was exactly the issue. THANK YOU!

I should have been paying attention. If I could only find the issue with my GI lights. I will keep at it.

#1442 5 years ago

Joining the club this saturday.

QUestion for you guys: what's the best way to protect the area where the ball drops off the shooter lane? I was thinking a piece of that removable mylar stuff.

Anyone have any thoughts to protect this area from wear?

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Joining the club this saturday.
QUestion for you guys: what's the best way to protect the area where the ball drops off the shooter lane? I was thinking a piece of that removable mylar stuff.
Anyone have any thoughts to protect this area from wear?

I'm new to the hobby, so I don't know if mylar is the best solution, but it's what I plan on using, once I touch that area up, because while the rest of my game looks pretty nice, that area has taken a beating to the point of paint loss. So, while I can't be sure what's best, I highly recommend putting something there if you plan on playing the heck out of it.

#1444 5 years ago

I wouldn't put actual real mylar down. Someone makes a removable plastic sheet, similar to mylar, that i'd place down there.

Anyone else have any ideas?

#1445 5 years ago

Foto/Frisket Film cut to size. Get a roll or 10 sheet pack on amazon and it will last you forever.

#1446 5 years ago

I've seen the Frisket stuff used in threads when people are redoing the cabs, it never occurred to me to use it like that. Easy enough to pick up on amazon.

Oh and why do people seem to dislike mylar so much?

#1447 5 years ago

Thanks everyone
Really enjoying this pin, easy to learn, hard to master with that "just one more game" addiction.

Really happy with the condition also. here is some more photos

2014-04-29 10.23.55.jpg
2014-04-29 10.24.09.jpg
2014-04-29 10.24.34.jpg

#1448 5 years ago

two more

2014-04-29 10.24.54.jpg 2014-04-29 10.25.30.jpg
#1449 5 years ago

mine is possessed! as the ball goes to the inlane ,an apparition pulls it into the outlane, EVERY TIME!!!! wth!

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

mine is possessed! as the ball goes to the inlane ,an apparition pulls it into the outlane, EVERY TIME!!!! wth!

Does it make you feel like a blundering novice?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 141.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside