Topic Stats

• 7,139 posts
  • 587 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (6 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2841 4 years ago

Just chiming in after obtaining a very nice BSD. Waited to get this game for a while, and finally found a nice example with LEDs and a mod or two. Although I got my ass kicked the first few games, I'm excited as hell to finally have this game in my line up. Looks good with my Stern Drac. Now if only I could find a Bally Vampire EM.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Will it look like this??? I can't take credit for the restore. This is HEP's amazing work. Good luck with your restore-looking forward to the pictures./blockquote>

Nice game never/Joe. I like the new cab artwork.

6 months later
#3284 3 years ago

Sold my BSD in November, and severely regretted it. Found another...back in the line up today! "Welcome to my home" (again).

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3324 3 years ago

I thought about the spatter also...I think the straight bright red is just a bit much. I had red powder-coated legs on my last BSD for a while and that didn't look bad with the chrome armor. Having just red legs on gave it a nice touch, and brought out the cab artwork a little better. Once you add the LD bar and siderails, I think then it's just too much red. I would go with the black or chrome. My current BSD is just chrome.

How about matching the armor to the lighter blue color on the cab and BB art? Anybody have that on their BSD?

3 weeks later
#3343 3 years ago

Threw in my blue lighted flipper button mod last weekend!! Sweet on BSD. I'll have to get a better pic at some point.

BSD.jpeg

1 month later
#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from rudygulp42:

I'm out of the club. I already am planning a reunion.

^^^^ I made that same mistake late last year. Did score a very cherry BF for it though. Luckily I was able to rejoin the club here myself in March. BSD not leaving again!! One of the most challenging and truly tough games ever made IMO.

#3414 3 years ago

Coming along PJM...get that thing done and back in the game!!

#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I think I will buy some Flex LEDs for just this.

I would just use the flex bulbs also. Much easier and less hassle, plus if the illumination isn't that great you can adjust easily and direct the light where you want it. We have flex bulbs on our site as well, and I've used them in various areas on my BSD. 10% discount for life for Pinsiders through the LOP website also (coupon code Pinfest2016).

#3429 3 years ago

Just threw a set of red Convolux on my BSD the other night too...definitely makes the lower PF pop a little more.

photo_2_(resized).JPG

photo_6_(resized).JPG

photo_7_(resized).JPG

#3432 3 years ago

Definitely hard to photo some games with LED's...especially icy blue or purple. They create a whole lot of glare.

Quoted from PjM:

What is this Convolux you speak of?

Convolux are fluorescent protector plastics that my company sells...we just got the exclusive contract for U.S. distribution. They come in multiple colors also (red, green, orange, yellow, blue). Here is the link:

http://www.lightsoutpinball.com/store.html#!/Dracula-Williams-Flourescent-Plastic-Set-4-Pieces/p/58714610/category=16139807

Unfortunately I had to email the German company, because my right slingshot plastic was drilled incorrectly. I informed them of the problem for future orders, but I just redrilled my own as opposed to waiting, because I already had put the other 3 plastics on. I also had to put longer posts for the wireform connect and bottom slingshot post on the left also. Wasn't much room for the nut after adding the Convolux and original plastic back on, but I think my posts were extraordinarily small and worn down. Not a big deal at all.

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm actually slowly moving back to the incandescent bulbs in my games. I honestly think the playfield looks better old school.

I couldn't agree more that sometimes the PF looks better old school. I would definitely leave incandescents in some of my games if they didn't get so damn hot and ruin the backglass / translite, plastics, etc.... I'd rather use LED's and prevent parts of the game from slowly becoming ruined.

2 weeks later
#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Note: Some games where shipped with the blood red flipper (so I've been told).

I have these on mine...looks very cool. I don't think they break easy at all...must be the player in your house freddy. LOL

#3463 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Getting closer!

PJM....I have a feeling the glass full of red wine in your first pic is REALLY speeding up the process. hahahaha

"I never drink....wine." Maybe Drac doesn't, but you surely do.

#3472 3 years ago

^^^^ As a generality, I agree with PjM.

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Saw the red wine analogy!

Quoted from PjM:

Looking at some color choices.

Like red, white or blush? Hahaha.

#3482 3 years ago

The decals in the link Axl posted actually are blue

Quoted from dmbjunky:I kind of wish they were more blue like the playfield but they still look pretty cool.

The pinballpt decals in the link Axl posted appear to be actually blue like the PF, and also a different design than the ones wolfy posted in his pics. I don't see a buggy/carriage and horses on the decals from the link. Maybe they made multiple designs?

#3490 3 years ago

Thanks! Per some Pinside PM requests, here is some more info on my BSD. 2015 HEP complete restore. I purchased the game as a non-working piece of crap for 1800.00.

That thing is sweet!!! Mine is pretty nice already, and you're making me want to box it up and ship it off to Chris to restore.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Anyone else find the standard size flippers too powerful.I went back to lightnings because I didn't want to broken plastics.

I have the blood red flips from PinballLife on mine, but only get an occasional shot that seems too powerful. Otherwise it plays great with them, and I think the shots are just as hard. No matter what type of flippers, BSD ends up kicking my ass almost every time.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've run into an issue where the game ejects two balls at the same time during gameplay

Mine was doing that before, and my plunger was also sticking like aobrien5 mentioned. Once I demagnetized in the settings because balls were latching onto the mist ball when it was engaged, all the problems went away.

6 months later
#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some people think new boards are better and bullet proof things..... i actually get rid of aftermarket boards bc i tend to have more issues with them lol. I only use aftermarket if i absolutely have no other options....

And a lot of people don't realize that certain (many) NiWumpf and Rottendog boards are not compatible with each other...like CPU/driver.

3 months later
#4458 2 years ago

Just got my parts back from Ron at Pinball Plating. He did nice work. Really wanted to start ripping this apart and get it done, but got way sidetracked with something in the last photo. Have to get back to Vlad another day.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i like "best damn" better. plus, you can get pounders.

Yeah, I don't drink all that much, so a pint of 10.7% was plenty to put a smile on my face. Crap man...did you sell your BSD? Don't see it in your collection anymore.

#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just got my parts back from Ron at Pinball Plating.

Got them on today....vast improvement.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#4486 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

how much of a pita was that?
coin door next?

Not much of a pain...sometimes siderails are, sometimes they aren't. Depends on the tape or adhesive. Took me about two hours from start to finish, but I was real anal with removing the old double sided tape off the cab. I've debated on the coin door, not sure yet. Maybe just the skin and leave the molding black.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

It is the home pin board. What is my next move?

Quoted from Homepin:

If it does - the board, the LEDs and wiring is all OK. You problem is elsewhere.
If not - we need to look further at the LEDs and the wiring and plugs to them.

John, any progress? Let me know if you need anything. After we were chatting last night I looked and still have a ton of articles on mist ball issues from when I had a similar problem with my first BSD I sold two years ago. It was a bitch to fix, but I eventually got it figured out.

#4515 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

IMO, the left ramp should /not/ be backhandable.

My flippers are pretty strong, and I can only backhand that shot occasionally, usually with some momentum already as dee-bow said. I agree with Aobrien though. I don't think the game was designed to be able to backhand that shot. That's a lot of distance and a bit of an incline up the ramp. And I'm not sure I would go orange coil on BSD. Ball already bounces around a lot and it's fast, probably risk breaking too many other things on the PF, including the plastic above the stand up bank directly in front of the flippers.

1 week later
#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

735 million! Not enough to get my initials up but i feel like the ass kickings aren't as frequent lately!

That's a decent score for anybody on BSD. I set the high score on mine a few months ago at 1.3 bill after resetting last year, and haven't come close in months. I'm a sucker for abuse. That's why I love BSD. Just when I think I'm a decent player I jump on this and it beats the shit out of me.

#4546 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey all, been a member for awhile but the pin was torn apart for most of this time. Bought BSD from a friend had a minty PF and full LED. I played it for a few weeks, loving it and knew that I needed to rip it apart and shine up the rest of it! I guess that I can't say 'bring it back to life'...
No disrespect to those who have gone with straight red but it just didn't do it for me. After spending a month or so looking around I found what I think is a great fit (no it's not the same as WOZ RR75th) and then decided to take the trek...
I've compiled a series of pictures to provide a sense of the tear down and rebuild.

Awesome job on the resto and customization!! That thing looks great, and you definitely put a lot of effort into that one. That is always appreciated. I went with a custom but more "standard" red myself only because it seemed to pop and was more true to the colors on the cabinet. The blood red you used definitely fits, and looks fantastic.

#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Haha! I was actually looking for something larger at one point...

Definitely throw some light up flipper buttons in that.

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Don't tell the speakers you stole there panels to make a GIANT key fob

And talking about speakers, I also picked these up from Modfather...just waiting on my LED strips and then have to mod them slightly to fit BSD. Should look good after, and bring a little more life to the speaker panel.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Those are sick! (Great job modfather) I have a small CNC and will have to come up with something as well, It would be nice to have a laser CNC...
I do have translucent red buttons on it now but will plan to LED them soon, thanks for the reminder.

Absolutely...I saw your buttons were translucent and thought you might be...reminders are always good.

And definitely if you can...a laser CNC always comes in handy. I was talking with Modf, and he mentioned that he made these for Met Pro/LE/Prem. I thought they seemed way too fitting for BSD given the fangs, and would be a perfect fit. I have to redrill slightly for a WPC panel, but it should work out. I'll throw a pic up once I get them in.

1 week later
#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love the movie soundtrack so that would be interesting to hear but I think I will stick to the original game sountrack. I love it so much.

+1^^^. Definitely some of the best audio and call out packages in pinball IMO...even in attract mode. Although he always happens to say "I never drink wine" when I have a glass in my hand. To be honest, I usually talk back to the game and say "Well, I do." I'm a dork.

It's funny but the pop bumper sounds at times almost feel like they are integrated in timing with the music. Music is borderline morbid, and fits the game so perfectly. BSD and Class of 1812 both have awesome and fitting music.

#4574 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Colson, did you see those light up speaker panels? Very cool.

I did...they were right next to our booths and I went over and looked several times. But I already ordered the speaker lights from PLife and have those skull acrylics from Modfather I posted above that I'm going to throw in mine. I might end up grabbing one anyway at some point.

#4575 2 years ago

Plus, I started tear down for the resto on my Bally Vamp last night. I think this will have me busy for my foreseeable pinball future...but will be so worth it in the end.

Vamp 3 (resized).JPG

Vamp 4 (resized).JPG

#4577 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that a very fun game? I've heard it's kind of so-so.

It is fun...once you get past the need to nudge the hell out of it to avoid the monstrous outlanes...not as bad as Jubilee though. The up-post helps a lot during play. Upper left bonus shot is great, but I think an orbit or at least a 1/2 loop would have improved this layout tremendously.

But for the art package alone, the rarity, and the fact that it's 1 of only 3 true vampire pins in all of US manufactured games...worth having in a heartbeat. God willing mine is never going anywhere. Probably gonna start a resto thread shortly once I get moving.

#4592 2 years ago

Trying to pick this one up...I think it was a one-off by Xtreme Pinball. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

dracula topper (resized).jpg

#4594 2 years ago

Here's 2 statues I purchased for my BSD. Very detailed!

Love it. And it goes with your black, dark game. LOL.

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Use red foil stuck to back of the hinge to bring out the logo.
Not got my Dracula yet... next week sometime. Will post picture of how it looks.

That looks awesome...where did you get them? Definitely post pics once you have it and they're on.

#4604 2 years ago

Added the custom pincup from Modfather last night.

photo 8 (resized).JPG

#4607 2 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

That's a topper I drew up in Illustrator and had Greg cut for me. He has since sold the same topper to at least one other person (the person who took the photo you posted), so maybe he can still make those if you message him? https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Pinball-362268050466195/

Awesome...I had messaged him on FB, but I try not going on that site often. Any other contact info for him? If so, shoot me a PM. Thanks for lookin out!!

1 week later
#4616 2 years ago

He doesn't want to ship anymore individual units to the USA, due to customs BS. We are putting together a group buy if you're interested. I can add you to the order list if you want. Here's the link / thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover/page/5#post-3787868

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Anyone know who has the Homepin 24" Opto (A-15646) replacement in stock?

John's Arcade was the only place I knew that carried them and I got one for my old BSD a few years ago. I see they are out of stock, so I might call them or contact homepin directly on here and ask.

#4622 2 years ago

Added the PBLife speaker LED's, but the MET skulls that I was trying to alter from Modfather were a no go, unfortunately. Would have had to drill the panel and really manipulate it, and I don't like installing mods that can't be undone easily (not that I ever want to sell this). Still looks great even w/o the skulls. It's come a long way from the shitshow it was when I bought it home (last pic).

IMG_0708 (resized).JPG

IMG_0710 (resized).JPG

IMG_0713 (resized).JPG

IMG_0715 (resized).JPG

IMG_4877 (resized).JPG

#4634 2 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Owner previous to this one installed a post between the flippers - post is very low on the playfield and not right between the flippers.

Wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but why make BSD easier? Putting posts between the flips takes out some of the challenge....tell him that is weak. You can definitely remove that post and repair it, just don't damage the LND insert.

#4636 2 years ago

Not to sidetrack from BSD, but felt this was relevant, at least part way. Went to pick up a game for another Pinsider last weekend to bring up to Pintastic, and the seller had this. What are the chances? I was more than happy to take it off his hands...and did.

Vamp slot (resized).jpg

Vamp slot 2 (resized).jpg

Vamp slot 3 (resized).jpg

Vamp slot 4 (resized).jpg

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Please take pictures with the aftermarket panel as i have one for my color dmd. Also you guys should do illuminated rule cards. I have a set in my bsd but you can't get them anymore

Where did you get them? Did Rick shut it down?

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Here are some pictures with the after market panel. This panel is the Rick approved Bally/Williams genuine product. The sliver area is removed, but the entire back is black out, so it does not give as much brightness or color variation. You can see the black cut outs from our panel around Love Never Dies.
All of this pictures are set with a different color, but look very similar.
Many people that have a color DMD have an aftermarket plastic speaker panel, because of the red tint on the DMD area of the original.
This is the same exact panel as used in the post a few posts up.

Come on Dan!! 549 mil the best you can do? LOL

IMG_0910 (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

hey guy's, I have a "magnet unload error" but everything seems to work fine. If you play consecutive games quick is the only time it don't load the Mist ball fast enough. any suggestions?!?!

You can unload the magnet, I believe in the utilities menu. Run that and see if it corrects it.

#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Thanks man...credit dot is gone!

Awesome. No problem! I unload mine every once in a while just to do it. The draw can build up to the point where you try to tap the mist ball into play and the actual ball in play gets stuck and starts orbiting the mist ball like moon to a planet.

Or as I'm sure others have, you tap the mist ball into play, and your ball in play takes it's place and enters the opposite gate. Dracula is a damn thief.

#4671 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That shit happens to me ALL THE TIME.
Are you saying unloading the magnet will help correct this problem?

I wouldn't say it stops it altogether, but it definitely makes it happen a lot less.

#4683 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Where is this "unload magnet" option? I don't clearly see that anywhere in the Utilities menu.

Not in front of my game, but it is in there. It might be in the audits or set up menu. I can find it later if you're having trouble and post a pic.

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

anyone change the pop number caps to different colors? i was thinking of changing mine up a bit when I rebuild them and looking for suggestions.. also, is there a way to add music to the game play and have it interact with the lights. I was whooping Judas priest "love bites" and realised this pin needs a soundtrack!

I changed mine to the LED rings. It really lights up the top part of the playfield, which is usually pretty dark.

IMG_0110 (resized).JPG

IMG_0116 (resized).JPG

#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

would a flaky transistor cause weak power?

No, not usually. But a faulty, dying or dead diode or resistor can.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

anyone change the pop number caps to different colors? i was thinking of changing mine up a bit when I rebuild them and looking for suggestions.. also, is there a way to add music to the game play and have it interact with the lights. I was whooping Judas priest "love bites" and realised this pin needs a soundtrack!

Here's a few more of my pop rings.

IMG_1157 (resized).JPG

IMG_1158 (resized).JPG

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Where is this "unload magnet" option? I don't clearly see that anywhere in the Utilities menu.

It's in the test menu. It will unload and reload the magnet, and check the optos.

IMG_1154 (resized).JPG

IMG_1155 (resized).JPG

IMG_1156 (resized).JPG

IMG_1153 (resized).JPG

#4696 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Need some advice. Trying to sell my nice bsd for only $3000. No interest. Am I off on price? I thought it was more than fair? I want to be realistic and price accordingly. My add is posted here if you need to assess to make an opinion.

Just toggled through your ad and pics. I've seen some pretty good games at decent prices sitting lately, might just be the market. As to your game, it looks pretty damn good compared to others I've seen. Some people aren't big on reimports, that could be one thing. To me if a game is nice, I could care less.

You do have some fading on the left side of the cab, and the right side of the BB is a little dinged up. The planking might be of concern to some people also, and the insert wear. Like I said above, overall your game looks pretty damn nice. Not sure what you're into it for, but I would probably go $2700 - $2800. I've seen some examples in need of TLC go for $2300 - $2500. BSD is a very popular pin and has become more popular in the last 2-3 years, but it's still a game somebody has to want. It's not for everyone (but should be). I would drop it just a little if you really want to move it.

I'm actually surprised it's still there...there haven't been many for sale at all in the last few months. There was only one at Pintastic (other than Gabe's, which wasn't for sale).

2 weeks later
#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I'm ordering a bunch of parts for my new BSD right now and was hoping someone could shoot me a pic of the stock leg bolt plates that are used on the inside corners. I've got a couple with stripped threads that won't hold the bolts without a nut. I know I have multiple options, but would just like to replace the 2 that are stripped and would like to keep the plates the same all the way around without replacing them all.
Kind of a random request, but so happens that my BSD is in my vacation house a few hours away so I can't take a look at it right now and forgot to check that last time I was there.....
Thanks!

Pretty sure they are the typical larger Bally Williams plates. If nobody else does, I can shoot a pic later and post it when I get home.

#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does anyone know where I can get the custom rom that fixes some of the known bugs and also sets the game to tournament where you can only get 500,000 for the mystery scoop.

Ask rkahr. He might know.

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I'm ordering a bunch of parts for my new BSD right now and was hoping someone could shoot me a pic of the stock leg bolt plates that are used on the inside corners. I've got a couple with stripped threads that won't hold the bolts without a nut. I know I have multiple options, but would just like to replace the 2 that are stripped and would like to keep the plates the same all the way around without replacing them all.
Kind of a random request, but so happens that my BSD is in my vacation house a few hours away so I can't take a look at it right now and forgot to check that last time I was there.....
Thanks!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Pretty sure they are the typical larger Bally Williams plates. If nobody else does, I can shoot a pic later and post it when I get home.

I stand corrected. My BSD has the smaller typical plates / receivers.

IMG_1469 (resized).JPG

IMG_1465 (resized).JPG

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from RogerLo:

Great looking machine. Where did u get the LED rings from?

Thanks man. I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this game. No pun intended. We carried the LED rings at my old company, Lights Out Pinball. I recently left though, to start my own venture sans partner. Should be up and running soon. Terry / PBL also carries them, and I think Marco does now too.

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

indypinhead made clear protectors. He may be able to make colored ones.

I have Convolux on mine. It's a four piece set, slingshots and ball guides. I'll have a new contract with Freddy's in the next week or so, if anybody's interested in them.

IMG_5514 (resized).JPG
IMG_5534 (resized).JPG

I have them on my Frankenstein too.

IMG_0274 (resized).JPG

IMG_0276 (resized).JPG

IMG_0713 (resized).JPG

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks! I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this game, no pun intended. We carried the LED rings at my old company, Lights Out Pinball. I recently left though, to start my own venture sans partner. Should be up and running soon. Terry / PBL also carries them, and I think Marco does too now.

5 months later
#5001 2 years ago

Mine kicked my ass tonight...some good shots though. Man, this game is fast as hell all the time.

Had a credit dot, and then it disappeared. Haven't turned it on in a few weeks, so the switches definitely needed a workout. Every time I take a break from this pin and then come back to it, I remember why it's so awesome. Did I mention it kicked my ass?

#5007 2 years ago

Just finished changing over the LEDs, and some tuneups. Man, this game can be a pain in the ass sometimes....but so worth it.

IMG_4712 (resized).JPG

#5009 2 years ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Played a few games tonight and noticed the music cutting in and out randomly. Sometimes it goes completely silent for a few seconds but sound effects are still going. Any solutions? Could it be old caps?

Could be the caps. I would start there. Check the connectors also.

#5010 2 years ago

My ball seems to be getting stuck in the mystery hole. Getting caught up in the metal tray at the bottom of the drop before it gets to the plastic subway ramp to travel to the VUK. Anybody ever have that problem? Am I missing something?

It almost seems like the metal piece is tilted backwards a little bit after I reassembled it. Not rolling onto the plastic subway. And I know sometimes when people reinstall it they leave the metal lip underneath the plastic ramp so the ball gets held up on the plastic lip, but that's not it. The metal is under like it should be.

#5018 1 year ago

Last issue after the LED job...plunger is auto firing and after it launches it will load another ball into the shooter lane, but that one doesn't fire. Just sits there until I hit the plunger button. And if the existing ball drains, it doesn't read end of ball until the second one is launched and drains. This happens for all 3 balls during a game.

I had a Switch 17 error, and that went away but the game is still doing it. I checked the switches and engagement of the actuators, and everything seems fine. I did change the bulb in the plunger button, but even if the issue was there I don't think that would cause another ball to kick out of the trough into the shooter lane...different switch. Either way, all the wires and actuator on the plunger button look fine. I did a switch edge test, and everything came up ok.

Any help or suggestions?

#5020 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gotta be a switch. with all balls in trough, does it populate mist gate properly?

Actually no now that you mentioned it and I tested. It kicks the ball out of the gate (where it would normally just reload) and the magnet keeps running now. The plunger will pop out of the coil in the shooter lane, but it's not kicking an actual ball up to repopulate the mist gate.

#5022 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you got a long opto issue, brah.

You deal with that before? I pulled out the manual.

#5026 1 year ago

I started a thread for this last night so I didn't clog this one up. Getting back to it later. Thanks for all the input so far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-autoplunging-and-two-balls-that-didnt-sound-right-or-did-it#post-4195323

#5030 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Common one for me. Switch behind the video mode drop target.

Yeah, I've adjusted, readjusted, readjusted, readjusted it, and I still have the error coming out. Did it one more time, and fixed it. That thing is sensitive.

#5034 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

I have a set of Convolux plastic protectors for my BSD. Problem is that the added thickness has now made the hardware too short. I'm talking about these: http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206515 Do I have to buy additional hardware? Also I bought translucent star posts from pinballlife and they look like fossil amber. As in there is TONS of air pockets in the posts. I mean I won't see it but it looks pretty bad with light going through them. Does that happen often? Sorta thinking about returning them.

I have them on mine, as I used to sell them at my old company. I had to get longer post screws for the slingshots, and I also had to redrill my right slingshot protector, as the holes were misaligned. I did email my contact back then, and they may have fixed it on the runs after.

As for the posts, I've heard about that before on some colors. I would return them instead of installing them and being unhappy afterwards.

IMG_5508 (resized).JPG
IMG_5509 (resized).JPG
IMG_0120 (resized).JPG

#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Does anyone make a BSD translate?

I've only seen the alternate one. Check with Jeff at Classic Arcades. He may have a few.

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Colson... those speaker lights in your game. Are the pulsating?

Yup...like a heartbeat. It's one of the settings...thought it was fitting.

4 weeks later
#5071 1 year ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

So there's no repair on this one?
Gustavo

Much more reliable just to replace the board. Homepin's is solid.

2 months later
#5201 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

love when you can see the grain in the carve-out for the shooter lane.

Man, will you pick up another BSD already? Haha

#5204 1 year ago

Posted a while back that I was having that “two balls kicking out into the shooter lane” issue. After re-soldering some lugs, playing with all the switches repeatedly, replacing a diode, and screwing around with it 4 or 5 times, I was directed to this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-problem-machine-puts-2-balls-into-play

Just fixed the issue. The trough kick up arm was moving kind of sluggishly, gummed up. Apparently, if it even takes an extra half second to reset to resting position, the stuck actuator tricks the CPU into thinking another ball is needed. Disassembled and cleaned it all out as others have said in that thread, and the issue was rectified.

So when everybody jumps to an opto issue, if you have this problem don’t be so quick. A simple cleaning the mech with isopropyl and a Q-tip and applying a bit of lube gel, and you’re back in business.

Took care of the credit dot, and she’s back up 100%.

8166102A-CC4F-43DE-8AA7-F0D60CB14318 (resized).jpeg
5D5B1D4E-C6C9-415F-B59A-5DFB1BDC5344 (resized).jpeg
4F745358-1959-4D02-9B7A-7F30F62FD4F9 (resized).jpeg
19AA5976-7145-4D57-BC29-5378D40006A7 (resized).jpeg
3F566FD4-EFF1-45FD-A2FD-5DA678968CC3 (resized).jpeg

AC7AF07C-8BCD-4733-BB42-37D9A834D9C9 (resized).jpeg

#5206 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

not supposed to lube a pin, brah. it'll work for a while, but dirt will mix in with it and gum it up, again.

I didn’t lube the pin brah...

I put a dab around the oval hole where the kicker arm slides through the bracket. There are little grooves in there from crappy factory fabrication (seen on other WPC games), and in my experience it prevents the kicker arm from getting held up. I already filed this one down and smoothed it out also.

I also use a tiny dab on shooter rods on older solid-state and EM games too. As long as you take care of your games and clean them at least occasionally, it doesn’t create a problem. You just never glob it on. A little dab spread out with your finger before the spring makes the shooter quiet and smooth as hell.

#5208 1 year ago

“We are but mortal, after all.”

#5210 1 year ago

Nice...no BSD’s in the marketplace though. Start the hunt!

#5211 1 year ago

Found this red resin skull at Pinfest...just toying around to see what it’s like backlit.

EEEE5EFC-3B5E-4CE7-909C-5C2BD919909F (resized).jpeg

776BA54F-C013-411B-BD9A-A01E13DA1CCB (resized).jpeg

68E30A8A-70DE-4CB8-8B4F-961B5CAEF759 (resized).jpeg

#5218 1 year ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Pinstadium installed along with new pop skirts to finish up the blue moon pop bumper conversion.

Looks good...what’s it look like when you set it to more white than blue?

#5219 1 year ago

Looks like someone else was glad Drac’s back up and running...so crazy my 5 year old daughter loves this pin. And I had to laugh my ass off when she threw her arms up in a WTF moment after draining the ball SDTM off the center stand ups.

5FBFD684-0673-4CAF-951F-3C346BF9FDB5 (resized).jpeg

6E4E805B-2A38-4563-AE30-17352E7FF727 (resized).jpeg

#5223 1 year ago

Sure, take a look.. but I think I prefer the "mood" of the blue night, at least as a default during standby mode. I asked Pinstadium about the option to switch profiles automatically on "start"..

Man, that kit really brightens the PF up. I have LED ring pop caps on mine too, and those light up the top of the PF so much better.

I agree. If you could leave it blue and then switch to white at start up, that would be perfect.

#5232 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

What speaker light kit is that? I just installed a Flipper Fidelity system on my BSD and would like to light up the speakers like that. Very nice

Thanks. I have it evened out with the matching lighted flipper buttons. It’s the BriteSound SF LED kit from PBL. I have it set to the pulsating setting which simulates a heartbeat. Very fitting for the game.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3281

C141E6C9-9B5E-46F1-A14E-21B81E9EEC2C (resized).jpeg

#5235 1 year ago

Congrats Alex... Looks like a nice example. Like the black powder. Keep him out of the sun down there

#5243 1 year ago

Good choice of trim color right Colson!
Congrats, game looks sweet!

I knew you’d come around! Bastard.

#5246 1 year ago

I had more time to play around with settings today. Village didn't seem to obstruct the lighting at all. Game looked half unlit without it even with CT LED conversion.

Hmmm yeah you may be onto to something...can you take a pic of the left side of your machine with them attached? I have little room on mine but may just use a set of pinstadiums to play around with...I have them on my BR.

Yeah, the kit definitely lights up the sides and the ramps much better.

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Sleep well, my dear!

Alex, where did you get the towel?

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It's a custom beach towel, brother. Found a nice pic on the web and had it made... No biggie...

On the web? Got a link?

1 week later
#5277 1 year ago

Is that one of the magnet covers?

#5278 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Just got a nice Dracula a few weeks ago. PF is nice, has some cabinet fade on left side but clean, nice example.

Looks like a nice game. If you would like one of the 3-D tombstone covers, let me know. I think I have two left.

#5280 1 year ago

It’s hard to say… But if you want me to be honest, I think it’s a little bland and could use some more color. The red Dracula writing doesn’t seem to pop like the actual apron. And I like score and instruction cards.

Do you have a shot of the entire playfield with the decal there?

0BD8463B-2A64-48EF-84E5-ECBA3BC3ADB7 (resized).jpeg

#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's one with some color but I don't care for this one to much.

I actually like that one better.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Now about that red armor...

You son of a bitch! You and Joe can leave my red armor alone. Haha.

#5295 1 year ago

Putting some games on this...

56E332EF-A620-49ED-A892-6D5C2819E2CE (resized).jpeg
#5303 1 year ago

Nice. Is the trim color black?

Quoted from mollyspub:

Sure hope so! Wouldn't want to ruin it with red trim!

You two should get a room

#5307 1 year ago

I still have two 3D tombstone covers left if anybody is interested...one repro and one original.

2 weeks later
#5356 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Can someone post a photo of the switch test display so I can see what is normal? Looks like I get to enjoy the fixing part of pinball ownership for a while.

Switch test display? There are several test screens involving switches, individual and the matrix. Without taking several photos of various screens on the DMD, watch this.

#5362 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Getting a lot of rejects on the right ramp, that'll be the next issue to have a look at. Looks installed incorrectly.

Sometimes that little lip gets maladjusted. Just adjust it slightly, and you should be fine.

#5369 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Here are some pictures of the center ramp. Let me know if you think it is okay or not. I will order the protector in any event.

No, that’s not OK. Try to adjust it a little and order the protector. You might have to remove the right rivet from the flap and put a tiny spacer underneath. If you leave it like that, you’re going to crack or chip your plastic ramp.

#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Based on your pic looks like my right hand ball guide is on the wrong side of that ramp bracket. If anyone has the tall post measurements and which one goes where that would be great. Looks like whoever did a shop out on this machine messed it up.

Your right ball guide is definitely on the wrong side of the post. Mine has a very slight lip, but nothing drastic like yours.

And there are several posts all sized very tightly. I’m not seeing that exact post identified by placement in the manual. I’m sure it’s one of these LOL.

095A6443-8AD6-4A3F-9855-EEF5F3605E8E (resized).jpeg
4131D183-6613-46BD-AAF2-3932CDAC749B (resized).jpeg
319349EA-0334-4C90-B4ED-1BD018984296 (resized).jpeg
7F749F7E-6F5C-4BB7-8807-07A7C462514F (resized).jpeg

#5379 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

who wouldn't be impressed ?

The decals look OK, but I don’t know about that black armor.

1 week later
#5395 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Having a problem with my bsd, every once in awhile the ball launch sound is missing. Is that sound activated by the switch in the shooter lane or the launch button? Or is it a intermittent board issue? Thx!

Mine does that occasionally. So did the last one I had.

Quoted from pacman11:

What’s the trick with ball locks?

Tell your wife/girlfriend you need them back out of her purse.

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Experimenting with my castle/houses. Have any of you guys painted it? I don’t like the way it looks.

Don’t paint, text/post and drive.

There are quite a few pics through this thread with people that have experimented painting them. Modfather does as well, and a few other people.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Hi everyone new to bsd forum I inherited this awesome machine from my parents. now to the point.
the dreaded but cool mist multiball feature.i replaced the optic board and have the green light and after some fidgeting zero error messages. it worked great for a few games then the ghost in the machine piped up. balls started shooting for no reason, the left gate is stuck open, but worst of all the right gate actuator continuously fires. I,m firing my flair gun
please help!!

Did you clean all the mechs? I recently had an issue with two balls kicking into my shooter lane, and it was the VUK in the trough. Just had to remove, clean and reassemble. The posts are a few pages back.

3 weeks later
#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am thinking about changing the flippers to normal ones to try it out before it leaves the house. What is the judgement of those who have done it?

Change the flippers and don’t move it. I have the blood red flippers from PBL on mine. I don’t care what anybody says, the game is still hard as hell and fast as shit even without the lightning flips. Plus changing the flips takes about 10 minutes, so throw them in the coinbox. Easy to change back if you don’t like it.

#5510 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

can anyone tell what kind are in the flyer pics? those might be lightnings. that's usually what i base my games off of. BSD flyer shows the proto sling plastics, and red condoms on the lights above the coffin, too.

It’s hard to tell, but I think it’s lightning flippers in the flyer. My right flip was a little misaligned in this photo, but definitely a slightly larger gap in the flyer.

777BE81C-C851-4452-AC33-66BF647092DA (resized).jpeg
76C4AC2C-0EB3-46C9-9871-F2C474CD017F (resized).jpeg
2DFEB1EC-A831-4885-9773-7F64DC31692D (resized).jpeg

#5517 1 year ago

And of course another pic thrown in of that gorgeous red trim!

You son of a bitch! Haha.

Quoted from Zennmaster:

VERY excited to be in this club! One came up unexpectedly and quite locally.

This is the coolest club to be in

Just stay away from some of the members like neverahighscore.

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Well, its not that hard, but it takes a looong time.
I am thinking around 40 hours of work, if you want to replace all of the original sounds.

What kind of music do you have in your BSD remix?

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

I got some custom panels made clear window and red lettering and blood drips. about $75 aud.

How much shipped to USA?

#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

My 1 bank drop target keeps firing. this just started. does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Did you run a single switch test?

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

No! but I will first thing in morning, still learning how to trouble shoot.
I feel kinda stupid asking these questions.

It’s no problem. Pinball raises plenty of q’s, and there’s a lot of helpful people on here. Unfortunately, I’m not one of them. JK. Anybody that owns a BSD is OK in my book.

Do you have a credit dot or hear 4 annoying tones when you boot the game up? Any type of error message? If you do, hit enter (4th Black mode button to the far right inside the coin door). That will tell you what is wrong, or at least where the problem is emanating from.

If you don’t have a credit dot, hit the 4th mode button, then the 3rd, then Enter (4th again). In the main menu, select “Tests”. From there you can test the switch edges, or go into to a single switch test. I think the left drop is 16 or maybe 19. I’m not in front of my game.

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

almost 3 billion?! jc, i don't think i was ever close to 1.

Definitely. This is not an easy game to get 2 to 3 billion on.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

well damn! you sure know what you are talking about. Impressive! the left drop switch is #15.
when I check single switches I get what looks like a lowercase t, or a plus sign. and it says open.
now of course I don't know what that means.I don't know what a coin dot is. no weird beeps when booting up.

A credit dot is a tiny period to the right of the Y when the words free play comes up. You would get the error message if there was an issue.

Lift up the playfield and check the switch. It’s probably just sticky, or there is an issue with the contacts.

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

is that strip of metal supposed to be so loose?

No, it’s not supposed to be that loose. The switch might be broken. The middle leaf is the control leaf, and should be much more rigid. If there are screws through the leaf spacers, you should be able to tighten those. If it’s a rivet, it might be busted.

I would start a separate repair thread though, you will get more people chiming in that way and won’t use up real estate here. Just post the link here so we know where it’s at.

And like Gord said, when you start a separate thread, post pictures in there.

#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Joined the club a few weeks ago, stellar game very glad I was able to find one in nice condition.

Playfield looks good, but don’t you think that’s a bit too much red in the backbox? The red is drowning out the translite artwork. Just my take.

#5585 1 year ago

Boy, you make this too easy. Too much red huh?

Red like the color your ass is going to be when I eventually make my way over to your house and obliterate the high score on your game. I’m going to enter “RED” as my initials.
7835966E-C42C-4CFC-A73D-EA956CC9ABEA (resized).jpeg

A9BFC7C8-A95E-40D2-8227-821D3B40F833 (resized).jpeg

#5588 1 year ago

People say this game isn't for kids...blah blah. My 5 year-old daughter must've played 15 games in a row last night. I couldn't get her off the damn game. It's awesome that when she has a choice and I tell her she can turn one on...she goes to Drac.

image (resized).jpg
#5598 1 year ago

I finally dug the prototype sling plastics out of the coinbox. For you ballers that have them installed, did you use hex extenders?

Did you remove the original plastics and just use the protos alone? Or use both?

8CC97916-F7A3-464F-9C85-4E7EB7290CB2 (resized).jpeg
#5601 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There's a parts list in this thread somewhere. You leave the existing plastics.

Quoted from weaverj:

i think i used 3/4" spacers, but they were a little tight on the left side around the wireform ramp return. 1" would probably be perfect.

Cool. Thanks fellas.

#5603 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

I am using different parts of the original movie score for the most part, edited for pase. One track is from the later Dracula Untold movie.

Hazzard, after listening to your Pinsound remix 20 times since you posted, I’m in. It’s friggin awesome man.

Two quick q’s:

1) It looks like I can buy the board with your mix already on it?

273D1994-4D36-441F-8FC4-CD404239B659 (resized).png

2) The purchase page states that no flash drive is included. Am I supposed to buy one of theirs because it comes with a backup of the sound software already burned? Or can I USB into the board and just back it up with my own flash drive? (Ok, so technically 3 q’s)

566B02B9-403B-41BF-B8B7-9757AB80D834 (resized).png

#5605 1 year ago

Cool... thanks man. I just figured it would be faster to ask you, and I appreciate you offering the info.

I already checked out your mix for Frankenstein.

#5610 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

looking at a BSD and the cabinet art doesn't come the whole way to the edge of the corners. you guys have any information on why there's a difference sometimes? the guy doesn't think it was redecaled, btw.

As far as I know, most of them don’t. Most stop short of the joints.

1 week later
#5653 1 year ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I picked up a massive project BSD and after looking into a playfield, which I will probably end up getting I though, you know what, what is the worst I can do..

Obviously needs a little work and you wouldn’t be able to sell it to someone nitpicky or looking for a HEP game, but it’s still a BSD and now you own one. Congrats on the pick up.

I’d rather have one with a few issues than no BSD at all. If you don’t get scans from anybody else, let me know and I’ll try to get a couple together for you.

#5657 1 year ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

So, in that vein, yes, there has been little appetite to help thus far,

46A08F59-23BB-4D2F-9566-9468E4CD19FE (resized).jpeg

And I certainly appreciate your optimistic attitude. Now add that bad boy to your collection.

06191FBC-B7D4-4253-9855-2DF96FAC59F4 (resized).jpeg

#5672 1 year ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I didn't like the idea of Ron Jeremy living in my basement so decided to make my own coffin mod.
[quoted image]

Awesome work.

1 week later
#5689 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Gotta have those shorter flippers to maintain the difficulty of this beast.

This has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam....I say to each their own.

My lightning flips are in the coinbox, in case a purist ever stops by and refuses to play the game without them. As if this game would be any easier even with friggin banana flippers on it.

It is a beast...a monster either way.

#5698 1 year ago

Thanks Jakusu. New speaker panel is awesome! I love the red "LOVE NEVER DIES". My LED strip will make it pop! LCD display is going in this week.

Man, that would look great with my armor.

#5702 1 year ago

Did I miss something. I wasn't aware you updated to a correct color choice. Congrats. About time!

Bastards. It remains “repugnant”, at least in your eyes. However, it does match my beautiful, unfaded original cabinet.

I think black armor only really works if you have the wrong, rarely purchased bland aftermarket cabinet artwork.

Quoted from Spinape:

BSD is too good to screw around with the original game

Exactly....well, at least the cabinet.

#5704 1 year ago

Ouch! Because of that comment, i'm not going to have you over and get a chance to put your initials on my game. So there!

Oh, you were actually thinking of letting someone play your games?

“We shall do battle once more.”

#5708 1 year ago

Congrats on the game and correct trim choice! Colsond3 is not going to be happy about this.....

You sound like a blundering novice...

All joking aside, great pick up Spaceman. Black is a great color choice for this game.

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my perfect BSD is out there somewhere. i swear.

Might be waiting a while. You don’t really see these coming up too often anymore...especially one that would be up to your standards.

A lot of great pics of original cabinet art getting thrown up here too (Joe)

I enjoy the red being there as it was intended. It really makes the dark cab pop with some color.

Someday people will learn that there is a reason why this game doesn’t like sunlight.

The red armor matches something on the cab but I can’t put my finger on it...
88EF75C7-93FC-48E4-BD91-72121E7B4245 (resized).jpeg

#5754 1 year ago

Just because both trim and lettering are red doesn't mean they match! Ouch-another picture of your game. It never ends....

My motto...hahahaha

F91E7EB6-470C-4945-852A-0239F08524D3 (resized).jpeg
#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Ah I see it on others. A clear plastic piece. Has to be for sale somewhere but haven't seen it yet.

I think it’s on Etsy. There is a link a few pages back on here.

Bay Area has them too.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-BSD50

2 weeks later
#5814 1 year ago

Interactive undercab lighting added at York show, and UV light above graveyard. Just need some UV paint now.

And Pinsound acquired.

A2BCBA09-A32B-43FD-87C3-69FEC4F5F079 (resized).jpeg
6FC5A700-8D08-47EB-A281-1CAB3B79B2A8 (resized).jpeg

#5820 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

does anyone know where I can get a diverter.when shopping my bsd i have completely lost it and it is the only piece im missing

The diverter behind the coffin for the long ramp / castle lock wireform? How did you lose that? I’m not sure, check Marco or PBR.

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

thanks for bringing your BSD to the show, brah. reminded me why i need another one, for sure.

No prob. Glad I did. If I didn’t bring mine the show would’ve been BSD-less. And you played with the regular blood flips...haha

#5832 1 year ago

Illuminated lenticular apron card is hooked up now too. It’s hard to capture the 3-D effect in photos. Pretty cool though.

D53D6A77-9ED5-4204-8383-43FFA6B23678 (resized).jpeg
1DDDDED9-9916-4D68-8A18-6617DBDD811D (resized).jpegC42D5577-A372-47C9-A8DF-06A4319F3011 (resized).jpeg

#5837 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

^That was cool. Where did you get that?

Quoted from radfordian3505:

awesome where did you get this.i must have one

It didn’t seem real illuminated at the show. With overhead lighting, you get the 3-D effect but not much illumination. In the dark, it looks killer.

grb1959 (Gord) hooked me up with it a few months ago. Cool cat. Came from Steve at Orange County Pinball Lab. The card requires 12v.

#5838 1 year ago

Nice! I’ve been wanting this for my BSD (pinsound boards)but still on the fence. Wish you pulled the trigger and had these installed on Friday....I played both your games with red rails!! You love you some VAMPS!

That I do. I actually did buy it Friday later in the day, but still had to burn the software to the flash drive. Game was getting a ton of play, so I didn’t get a chance to hook it up on Saturday.

And there is no reason to be on the fence Chef. When you download the software to the flash, it still has the original sound & callouts if you want to switch back. If I ever get nostalgic, I’ll switch it back for a few weeks. No need to switch out the board again.

Quoted from GoodManners:

Pinsound is the best thing I have bought for this game. Totally transforms it into the game that I wanted with music from the movie and creepy sound effects.

Couldn’t agree more. Playing this game with intense background music is awesome, and the updated & added callouts makes it feel like a totally modern game. As soon as I saw Pinsound had flown over and they were available at the show in person, I ran to grab one. Probably hooking it up tonight.

#5849 1 year ago

Installation takes a whole 5 minutes once you have the software downloaded to the flash. Definitely recommend PinSound for BSD. Awesome upgrade.

35B34FB0-E6FE-4203-9AF0-2B67C4BBDB66 (resized).jpeg
56E3EB51-3C07-484F-ABFD-159041667F52 (resized).jpeg

Although I would like to get the pop bump sounds back or reincorporated. Can I change that in the settings?

#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

The pop bumper and slingshot sounds are there. The pop bumpers have orchestral drums tuned to the music instead of the synth sounds. I made some files with the classic pop bumper sounds in stereo for someone, I will share if needed

Yeah, they are there, just not as prominent as some of the other sounds.

How would I implement the classic pop sound files into the new software? Through the PinSound studio? And I remember reading that there's simple way to switch back to the classic sounds if I wanted to enjoy that again for a few days eventually. How's that done? (at work, and don't have the instructions in front of me)

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

That is one fantastic looking BSD Colsond3!!!

Thanks man!!!! After taking it to the York show and letting people pound the hell out of it, it needs some adjustments and slight repairs, and now could use a shop job this winter. I'm going to juice it up another notch with a few of Medisinyl's mods.

#5863 1 year ago