Topic Stats

• 7,139 posts
  • 587 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (6 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (6 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5373 1 year ago

hi neverahighscore, cabinet art is freaking amazing. is that something I can buy? or is it strictly a custom company thing?

2 weeks later
#5423 1 year ago

Hi everyone new to bsd forum I inherited this awesome machine from my parents. now to the point.
the dreaded but cool mist multiball feature.i replaced the optic board and have the green light and after some fidgeting zero error messages. it worked great for a few games then the ghost in the machine piped up. balls started shooting for no reason, the left gate is stuck open, but worst of all the right gate actuator continuously fires. I,m firing my flair gun
please help!!

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you clean all the mechs? I recently had an issue with two balls kicking into my shooter lane, and it was the VUK in the trough. Just had to remove, clean and reassemble. The posts are a few pages back.

no but as soon as I find out what a VUK is i'm gonna.

#5432 1 year ago

thanks. I'm getting smarter every day.

4 weeks later
#5535 1 year ago

My 1 bank drop target keeps firing. this just started. does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

#5537 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you run a single switch test?

No! but I will first thing in morning, still learning how to trouble shoot.
I feel kinda stupid asking these questions.

#5545 1 year ago

well damn! you sure know what you are talking about. Impressive! the left drop switch is #15.
when I check single switches I get what looks like a lowercase t, or a plus sign. and it says open.
now of course I don't know what that means.I don't know what a coin dot is. no weird beeps when booting up.

#5546 1 year ago

OK! nevermind about the lowercase t they all look like that. DUOH!

#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

A credit dot is a tiny period to the right of the Y when the words free play comes up. You would get the error message if there was an issue.
Lift up the playfield and check the switch. It’s probably just sticky, or there is an issue with the contacts.

ok! I cleaned the switch with isopropyl alcohol it doesn't seem to be sticking,however I noticed a thin strip of metal that just dangles loosely. looks like a leaf switch. if I shake the table a little it causes the drop target to malfunction. my question is
is that strip of metal supposed to be so loose?

#5555 1 year ago

Ok thanks guys. it looks like the switch might not be adjusted correctly. there is a screw at the bottom of the switch assembly that appears to adjust how far the reset assembly moves. I love this game but I may soon be sharing a cell with renfield.

1 month later
#5718 1 year ago

Hi guys the latest with my bsd, when I turn it on it always factory resets and freezes. has anyone else had this problem?

#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Are you still using batteries in it?

I just had a new wpc 89 mpu board installed to replace original battery acid destroyed
board. the tech who replaced it removed the battery tray and installed a button battery.

#5740 1 year ago
Quoted from Spinape:

This sounds like it’s battery related if you keep getting factory reset messages. Try removing it and see if the game freezes without it in. It’s just a flat cell battery?

I took the battery out and no freeze. put battery back and turned off machine factory settings

reset. the battery looks like its one of those cheep Chinese batteries.( due to the Chinese writing on it). I will replace the battery and keep you posted. thanks so much.

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

I took the battery out and no freeze. put battery back and turned off machine factory settings
reset. the battery looks like its one of those cheep Chinese batteries.( due to the Chinese writing on it). I will replace the battery and keep you posted. thanks so much.

and yes its a flat cell

#5747 1 year ago
Quoted from Spinape:

There ya go. Fresh, good battery should get it running properly

aaaaannnnddd
a new battery did the trick. thank you so much. NOW! on to problem #2 a weak plunger. sometimes

it shoots strong but mostly it shoots weak. I cleaned the rod it moves pretty freely.

2 months later
#6032 1 year ago

Hi guys! does anyone have the lighted speaker panel from pinball mods? I recently bought the ultimate panel for my bsd.
the instructions for the universal backbox connector is a little confusing. it lists items but I didn't get an itemized list of parts.
also the round connector on the black wire is way too small for the screw to the left of j117.i tried to contact them two days ago
and haven't heard back yet, this looks like a sweet addition to my bsd and I could use some advise. thanks in advance.

1 week later
#6033 1 year ago

Just finished installing the lighted speaker mod from lighted pinball mods. I have to say this looks so cool. everyone who has seen this addition thinks it is awesome. a couple of hiccups installing it. turns out it was user error. as i'm a little nervous installing electrical items. but after speaking with Dan from lighted pinball mods it went very well. Very cool! , couldn't be happier.

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’s not overbearing? I saw one at Pinfest last year, and was on the fence to buy one. Pics?

not overbearing at all. I've got the back panel to slowly fade colors and the speaker panel a little faster. you can set to blink faster or stay stationary on any color you like. no regrets. NOW if I could only get my hands on that sweet todd McFarlane
Dracula coffin mod. been jonesin for that one since I saw it

IMG_1572 (resized).JPGIMG_1573 (resized).JPGIMG_1574 (resized).JPG
#6049 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks good. A bit of glare on the PF glass. Would be cool if the illumination went all the way around under the DMD window where the Love Never Dies panel is.
I have a Bent Plastic on mine. I wonder if that would be enough (adequate size) to take down the glare of the speaker panel on the PF glass?

To be honest I hadn't noticed the glare while playing. I see what your talking about on the still pics. and I agree about the love never dies panel.

3 weeks later
#6122 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Pics of the coffin mod:
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested! how much ?

4 weeks later
#6166 11 months ago

well, just as I get my machine at 90% working the sound goes in and out. sometimes loud then fading out.
do any of you pinball geniuses have any ideas? YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! you have helped me get to that 90%.love this site.

1 month later
#6270 9 months ago

looks amazing nice job!

#6288 9 months ago

WOW! I like the second version even more!!

#6289 9 months ago

That looks amazing also. I'll take one of each please.

1 week later
#6308 9 months ago

Been wanting one of these for awhile. how much are you asking?

3 weeks later
#6351 8 months ago

looks amazing!nice job

#6357 8 months ago

wow that looks amazing! I ordered the coffin mod 2 weeks ago still haven't heard from him.

#6362 8 months ago

Well, thanks for the info, I was starting to think I got scammed. Guess I will just wait a little longer.
I wouldn't mind, if he would just let me know what's going on.

#6364 8 months ago

no, pinball customs. he makes a super cool coffin mod ,but there is no communication what so ever.

1 week later
#6406 7 months ago

Just got my coffin mod from Pinball customs. WOW this thing is cool. very well made. A couple questions to anybody that owns one. obviously the tombstone lights are removed,(huge improvement) did you remove the 3 light assembly and the 4 posts under the original coffin. probable dumb questions I know. Thanks in advance.

#6408 7 months ago

Well Damn! had to go back a few posts to see what it looks like with tombstone installed. didn't think it would look right,
giving that he's in a crate. may have to re-think that one. maybe with a newer tombstone mod. really don't like the cheap look of the original. it is a bit dark without it though.

#6409 7 months ago

Since i'm here does anybody have a general cost of powder coating the ramps,legs etc.? before I take it apart. love the red.

#6414 7 months ago

yes I did very good thank you

#6415 7 months ago

ok re attached the tombstone put in red lights looks great.snug fit.

#6416 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Why would you remove the tombstone?
You do have to remove the light board and not the posts. However I didn't reinstall the top screws. Gave me just a tad more clearance that I needed.

re attached the tombstone it looks great throws a little light on the coffin. thanks for the tip.

#6417 7 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Depending where you go, $170 to $250 should be the most for legs, siderails, LD bar and backbox hinges.

ok thanks sounds reasonable.

#6421 7 months ago

I had to look up comet matrix on the internet. This is so cool. I didn't know it existed.i always hated how dark the coffin tunnel
is NOW I have a solution. again, thanks for the tip.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Ran a Comet Matrix to mine. Tombstone mod painted by Modfather[quoted image][quoted image]

#6435 7 months ago

does anyone have a parts list for replacement speakers? I want to do pinsound but the speakers are kinda pricey.

#6440 7 months ago

Thanks,my original speakers are sounding pretty rough. these are a great option less than $50

Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

#6486 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Ran a Comet Matrix to mine. Tombstone mod painted by Modfather[quoted image][quoted image]

Just received my matrix lights from comet. Looks Amazing! had to hot glue red lights in coffin mod as surface was too rough for the lights to stick to. and put a strip of green lights under coffin above the coffin ramp. I couldn't be happier. thanks for the tip.

#6490 7 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And I’m finally in the club!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NICE! I like everything about your machine. especially the black and red powder coating. (not to mention that awesome coffin mod).

3 months later
#6837 4 months ago

Hello everyone here’s my latest problem.
The “D” and the “A” in dracula wont light up at all. I re soldered the light bar to build up where the light makes contact
And re soldered the coresponding pin in the connector. I’m not an electrician but i think i did a pretty good job with the soldering. Any help would be appreciated.

#6839 4 months ago

Thanks that would be great

#6842 4 months ago

the last "A" and yes they are led's

#6843 4 months ago

I did try incandescents to no avail. I checked the diodes with a multi tester they all had continuity.

#6849 4 months ago

I reversed the leads on every diode on the light board continuity only in one direction. checked the wires in the led's
everything seems ok. checked voltage to hot wire (which is new territory for me) reading 12.8 to 13.4 volts.

#6864 4 months ago

ok I used the alligator clips and found the "A" had current very positional. I think I have to build up solder on the light board.
it works for a bit then when I move table back down it goes out. The "D" however doesn't have current. I used the DMM for voltage and got nothing. the "R" next to it registered voltage. not sure what I am looking for with the header pins. cracks?

#6865 4 months ago
Quoted from TDEX:

ok I used the alligator clips and found the "A" had current very positional. I think I have to build up solder on the light board.
it works for a bit then when I move table back down it goes out. The "D" however doesn't have current. I used the DMM for voltage and got nothing. the "R" next to it registered voltage. not sure what I am looking for with the header pins. cracks?

Quoted from tktlwyr:

I would start to be suspicious of cold solder joints on the driver board. Neither of the lights is on the same row or column otherwise you'd have other lights that didn't work, so it doesn't appear to be a logic issue.
The 4 header pin areas I would look at next on the power driver board are J133-4, J133-9, J137-2 and J137-4.
Report back.

#6884 4 months ago

I swapped out j133 to j134 no go on "D"". then swapped j133 to j 135 no change. j135 had a connector with 2 wires in it.
plugged that into j134.no change. the "A" works very well for a short time then goes out and doesn't come back on. the "D"
doesn't work at all. I really appreciate your help. I also swapped j137 with j138. same results.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Connector J133 powers the lamp board and is interchangeable with J134 and J135. Swap the connector on J133 to either J134 or J135 and see if there’s any change on the “D”. If ”D” now lights, reflow some solder on the back side of the header pins for J133. I’d probably carefully flow solder on all three sets of header pins since they are interchangeable and I’m not sure if these connectors are on their properly numbered headers on the board. This may fix the “A”, as well.
Connector J137 drives the lamp board, ie completes the path to the transistors, which complete the path to ground. This connector is interchangeable with J138. If “A” is still lighting due to playfield position, swap J137 with J138. If this fixes “A”, reflow on J137 and J138 as above.
Report back.

1 month later
#6988 79 days ago

today I turned on drac as I do everyday. the machine made a humming noise and the dmd was all random dots. I immediately
turned it off waited a minute turned it back on. it booted up after a slight hesitation and said factory reset. the dmd was fine
but the left flipper won't work. the flipper button has power because when I push it the three target lights at the top of the playfield will move.i re programmed the settings turned off the machine waited a few minutes turned back on and factory reset
again. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

#6990 78 days ago

thanks lost cause for the feedback. the battery is relatively new less than 2 years. old button cr2032. I re seated ribbon cables
and made sure all connections to lt flipper were good. cpu is new replacement Rotten Dog. flipper test works great on rt. flipper nothing on lt. flipper. machine will turn on but not allow start button to work. only when I go into test will the game allow play.

Quoted from Lostcause:

Check the battery’s haven’t leaked and are not flat.
Go into settings and test flipper, if not working check wires are still connected below flipper if ok reseat connectors on fliptronics board.
Maybe also reseat ribbon cables, the wide thin ones as the dmd went weird.
Hopefully you don’t have battery acid leaking on your mpu board.
Hopefully something simple.

#6997 76 days ago

good call on the flipper fuse. I did check for continuity on the fliptronic board. I must have missed that one.f901 was indeed blown. replaced it and the cr2032 battery Christmas miracle the Lt. flipper came back to life. and factory reset is fixed.
Thank you so much!!!

#6998 76 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Have you tried testing the switches in switch test? If not try it and see if any switches are not working.
Sometimes the connectors on the bottom of the cpu board for switches might need reseating.
Maybe also check the fuses, one of the flippers fuses blew on my TZ and was fine after I put in a replacement.

Quoted from TDEX:

good call on the flipper fuse. I did check for continuity on the fliptronic board. I must have missed that one.f901 was indeed blown. replaced it and the cr2032 battery Christmas miracle the Lt. flipper came back to life. and factory reset is fixed.
Thank you so much!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside