IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 224.
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard666:

Thanks for the hint. Now I know what you mean. I hope that my 220,- USD are not wasted now...

I hope you get what you paid for. Brock has unfortunately done this a few times before.

#7502 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I hope you get what you paid for. Brock has unfortunately done this a few times before.

That doesn't sound too good. Meaning that he didn't deliver goods which had been paid?

#7503 3 years ago

So what exactly is required for a color DMD?
Color DMD
Clear panel
Anything for the love never dies lighting?

Thanks

#7504 3 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

BSD was considered a "B" not very desirable title not that long ago.
I've bought 3 and sold 2. 8-10 years ago it was difficult to get more than 1600-1800 bucks for one.
I'd go to the Allentown show and there would be 2 or 3 for sale every year.
It was the same for The Shadow and Congo.
RussM

Wow, isn’t that crazy? How the overall consensus about some games can change over time. BSD is one of my very favorite games, and The Shadow isn’t far behind. Someday I hope to find a minty BSD or fully restored one. Mine is nice, and I’m fortunate to have it, but it’s such a keeper I hope to find a CQ example. I can’t believe people didn’t really like BSD. The rules and shots are just about perfect. Congo isn’t a bad pin either, but I didn’t care for the lower pf.

#7505 3 years ago

Everyone can relax and put away the pitch forks, the mod was sent as promised.

#7506 3 years ago

Can someone please show me where this goes?!
Reassembling after a year down and I don’t want to get too far and realize I missed this.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Can someone please show me where this goes?!
Reassembling after a year down and I don’t want to get too far and realize I missed this.
[quoted image]

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#7508 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Everyone can relax and put away the pitch forks, the mod was sent as promised.

Thanks for the downvote. Good to know you have kept that promise...

#7509 3 years ago

I love this machine... It has a misterious vibe and creates an ambient like no other

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Thanks for the downvote. Good to know you have kept that promise...

All sorted with Brock so far. He even updated to a faster shipping method on his behalf. Very nice, thanks again! Received a tracking number and eagerly waiting for the coffin mod to arrive...

1 week later
#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So what exactly is required for a color DMD?
Color DMD
Clear panel
Anything for the love never dies lighting?
Thanks

No, no need to mod for the Love Never Dies - Just a different mounting point for games with a lightboard in the speaker panel (instructions with the ColorDMD) It does stick up a bit more, so you need to drop the speaker panel to open the backbox once it's installed though

#7512 3 years ago

Just joined the club! I'm having an issue with the sound. The music on my game is super low while the voices and especially the gunshots during video mode are insanely loud. Any adjustments for this or any suggestions for a fix?

#7513 3 years ago

Does anyone happen to know if the playfield backboard decal is available anywhere? I am finishing up a restore and my decal was in bad shape. Before I dig into trying to scan it and attempting to touch it up in photoshop, I wanted to see if anyone else has already done this.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

#7514 3 years ago

All sorted with Brock so far. He even updated to a faster shipping method on his behalf. Very nice, thanks again! Received a tracking number and eagerly waiting for the coffin mod to arrive...

Regarding shipping a question to fellow pinheads from Canada or the US: what does it mean if USPS shows me the following information when entering a tracking number:

---
Label Created, not yet in system

A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.
---

This information is still the same after 10 days meanwhile...

Thanks for any hint from Germany!

#7515 3 years ago

Regarding shipping a question to fellow pinheads from Canada or the US: what does it mean if USPS shows me the following information when entering a tracking number:
---
A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.
---

Sounds like your package hasn't moved.

#7516 3 years ago

---
---

I'm in Canada, not the US. Try the number I gave you on canadapost.ca

#7517 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'm in Canada, not the US. Try the number I gave you on canadapost.ca

Damn it. My fault!

#7518 3 years ago

Also just joined the club with a re-imported game from Europe. As far as I can tell it has been working hard in Germany since '93 and as you would expect, there are plenty of fun hacks to be found. Right now I am going through checking wiring correctness and I came across a connection that the manual says shouldn't be there. On the power driver board, J124 pin 2 has a blue wire connection. The book says all of J124 should be NC. The only other mention I could find was this post. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-wpc-mpu-boot-issue#post-3843998 There wasn't a follow-up if it was correct or not but did include the warning to not accidentally mistake it for J128.
I am wondering if this is just an errata from the manual. Can anybody confirm this on their game? Thanks in advance.
bsd_J124-2 (resized).jpgbsd_J124-2 (resized).jpg

#7519 3 years ago

Mine is also a reimport and has the exact same wire in the same spot so it seems correct.

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Mine is also a reimport and has the exact same wire in the same spot so it seems correct.

Do you happen to know where it goes? From the schematics it chains with J123-3 and J122-2 and ends up at a coil driver.

EDIT: Looking at this more, the schematic shows this pin driven by Q26. The BSD coil chart lists Q26 as driving "Speaker Panel FL" and coming from J128-2. So there is an error there somewhere. I think I have enough to track this down and will post the correction when I figure it out.

#7521 3 years ago

Answering my own question. I did confirm that the BSD manual incorrectly lists the speaker panel flashers connecting to J128-2. It should be listed as J124-2. The real sucky part is that if you follow what is listed in the manual, you will damage your board. I think it would be prudent for an owner to label J124 connector and put a giant NO CONNECTION at J128 pins on the board. The other option would be to move the wire to J122-2 as they are chained together.

#7522 3 years ago

BATS! Just in time for Halloween

IMG_8408.jpegIMG_8408.jpegIMG_8410.JPGIMG_8410.JPG
#7523 3 years ago

Is it common for the plastic shooter lane ramp to touch the right hand side of the cabinet? I've seen a few pictures like the one attached where the ramp is sticking out past the edge of the playfield.

My front panel was loose so i removed it and glued it back in (6 months later) and i cant remember if the ramp was tight to begin with or something was out of square when i glued the front back on.
Thanks!

0f9f0c370805cbe4b41bade1de6f82ec9cd471ba (resized).jpg0f9f0c370805cbe4b41bade1de6f82ec9cd471ba (resized).jpg
#7524 3 years ago

Just to let you pinheads know, regarding the problem with my topper from Tilt Graphics it was possible to sort everything with Jose who offered me a replacement delivery without any hassle. Great guy to deal with after all. Thumbs up, big recommendation and thanks again!

#7525 3 years ago

Just to let you pinheads know part 2:

Coffin mod from Brock came in as promised meanwhile. Very protective packaging plus faster shipping on his behalf as a compensation for the totally understandable delay. Another great guy to deal with. BTW, the mod looks gorgeous. Didn't expect it to look that detailed. Thumbs up, big recommendation and thanks again!

#7526 3 years ago

So, my BSD will very randomly offer coffin locks open ramp on ball three, occurring simultaneously with the mist ball lit ready that always lights for me on a crappy game, per factory settings.

Does anyone know what needs to be accomplished in the game for it to offer coffin locks open ramp on a ball three, or am I just playing like crap and it's a random sympathy award in the game?

#7527 3 years ago

Looking to join the club and find a nice BSD. Anyone looking to sell or trade? I have a JP premium Id trade for the right game if we could work it out.
Thanks
Mike

#7528 3 years ago

Just to let you pinheads know part 2:
Coffin mod from Brock came in as promised meanwhile. Very protective packaging plus faster shipping on his behalf as a compensation for the totally understandable delay. Another great guy to deal with. BTW, the mod looks gorgeous. Didn't expect it to look that detailed. Thumbs up, big recommendation and thanks again!

Glad you like it!! I'll be making a few more soon

#7529 3 years ago

Officially joined the club last night. Once I get it set up, I'll snap some pics

#7530 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

So, my BSD will very randomly offer coffin locks open ramp on ball three, occurring simultaneously with the mist ball lit ready that always lights for me on a crappy game, per factory settings.
Does anyone know what needs to be accomplished in the game for it to offer coffin locks open ramp on a ball three, or am I just playing like crap and it's a random sympathy award in the game?

Skill shot awards progress. Probably completing last shot with that.

#7531 3 years ago

Just converted the power from 220. Most things are working. Have a melted spot on the main ramp. I may try to grind it out and fill it in with epoxy.

20201106_195127 (resized).jpg20201106_195127 (resized).jpg
#7532 3 years ago

I’m restoring a playfield for this game. I have my foot in the door but I’d love to join officially.
Anyone have a beat, routed, project BSD they’d like to unload? Would love this game to be my winter project.

#7533 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Good to hear the standard flipper love. A couple years ago it was very biased for the lightning bats.
I asked Barry Oursler at Expo 2 years ago if BSD was supposed to have normal flippers and he said yes. It was a distributor that wanted lightning flippers for faster games so mgmt made the call.
The geometry is designed around standard flippers, so that’s what I use. Planetary has plenty of “blood red” bats that I imagine were made for BSD.

I had always heard that Fish Tales and Dracula get Lightning Flippers, but I looked in the manuals and I couldn‘t find where it actually says that. I looked in a few manuals for the part number, but it‘s not real helpful on this point - 20-9250-4 (BSD), 20-9250-5 (WH2O), 20-9250-6 (TAF and FT). I got my BSD with the lightning flippers in it. It had been nicely restored. My FT had normal size (although oddly one had the image of a lightning bolt on top) - I have since put in 2 new lightning flippers. I think the number at the end (4, 5 or 6) has to do with the color of the flipper and not the size.

#7534 3 years ago

So, the mist mech seems really loud. Any ideas on quieting it down?

#7535 3 years ago

do you mean loud with glass and game playing?

#7536 3 years ago

Yes. But, like loud enough that I'm going to hear this with the glass on.

#7537 3 years ago

New frosted blue LEDs on the GI and new iPhone 12 Pro with a great wide lens!

IMG_8608.jpegIMG_8608.jpeg
#7538 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yes. But, like loud enough that I'm going to hear this with the glass on.

It’s pretty loud, especially when the game is first turned on and runs it’s test

#7539 3 years ago

Yes, mine is loud as well. I think that is typical.

#7540 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Yes, mine is loud as well. I think that is typical.

True, but if you spray a light coat of sillicone on the black rod, it will lower the noise significally

#7541 3 years ago

Hi guys

Sometimes the ball gets stuck in the mystery hole subway. It is getting stuck at the switch in the subway!
Usually happens if the ball softly rolls into the hole from a lame shot and doesn't push the switch down.

I thought to put something in at the start of the mystery hole so when the ball enters might build enough momentum to pass the switch.

Any ideas?

#7542 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

True, but if you spray a light coat of sillicone on the black rod, it will lower the noise significally

Its the gears making all the racket...

#7543 3 years ago

regarding the subway, is it clean. I had to remove both of mine because it gotten soft and fuzzy in there.

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Hi guys
Sometimes the ball gets stuck in the mystery hole subway. It is getting stuck at the switch in the subway!
Usually happens if the ball softly rolls into the hole from a lame shot and doesn't push the switch down.
I thought to put something in at the start of the mystery hole so when the ball enters might build enough momentum to pass the switch.
Any ideas?

Remove the metal through. I'm thinking it has become dented over the years causing the ball to sit there. That's what happened to mine. You can get a replacement or pound out the indentation.

#7545 3 years ago

I’ve been having an issue with my coffin ramp micro switch. It activates during regular play and more commonly when the ball is hitting the sling shots and bumpers.
It works every time I hit the coffin shot like normal.

#7546 3 years ago

Hey all, I'm doing one last run of Drac coffins for the year.

One spot already taken.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-dracula-coffin-mod#post-5962102

#7547 3 years ago

Hey, all. I’m about to go through a restore and wanted to know what are the ‘must have’ mods in your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Hey, all. I’m about to go through a restore and wanted to know what are the ‘must have’ mods in your opinion?
Thanks in advance.

Brocks coffin mod. He's making a few more as we speak. Just a word of advise...be patient!

#7549 3 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Thanks in advance.

BSD 3-D Tombstone Cover Mod (@morpheus)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover

24 inch Opto Board Replacement
https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html

BSD Ron Jeremy Dracula Replacement Mod (@kpull)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-dracula-goodbye-ron

BSD Alternate Translite (@pinstein)
ebay.com link: Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Alternate Translite 2Choices Bloody or non

You will need to reach out to the Pinsiders listed in parenthesis for three of the mods listed above to see if they have any extras around or if they will offer them for sale again. I have all three of these Pinsider created mods and they are great.

The 24 inch opto board may or may not be needed on your game, but I recently installed it on my BSD and it fixed some Mist ball issues that I was having.

Gord

P1000607 (resized).JPGP1000607 (resized).JPG
P1000608 (resized).JPGP1000608 (resized).JPG
P1000609 (resized).JPGP1000609 (resized).JPG
P1000610 (resized).JPGP1000610 (resized).JPG
P1010438 (resized).JPGP1010438 (resized).JPG

#7550 3 years ago

Awesome! Thanks a lot! Any others?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 84.99
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.