Topic Stats

• 7,006 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 141.
#51 7 years ago

I got my BSD last week, and I'm digging the gameplay. I'm lucky that mine came with plastic protectors, the cliffy rat hole protector and a pinball pro subwoofer upgrade. It's probably the first game that I've ever bought that was plug-and-play - I almost always buy dead games.

Mine does have typical fade on one side - has anyone tried airbrushing the side art?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from kypinguy:

I got my BSD last week, and I'm digging the gameplay. I'm lucky that mine came with plastic protectors, the cliffy rat hole protector and a pinball pro subwoofer upgrade. It's probably the first game that I've ever bought that was plug-and-play - I almost always buy dead games.
Mine does have typical fade on one side - has anyone tried airbrushing the side art?

I will probably airbrush mine. Not a priority right now as I'm in the middle of a teardown on Goldeneye.

Just completed a complete teardown/shop job on mine. This is my second BSD. It was the only game, I sold, that I missed. This one is staying.

Last one I sold went to York/Lancaster PA area about a 1.5 years ago. Is the new owner a pinsider? Chime in if you are.

Joe

#53 7 years ago

I don't own a BSD but, I do drink Bloody Mary's, am I in the club guys?????? Please,please, I said please

#54 7 years ago

I FINALLY got a BSD and it's actually a re-import from Europe. It's currently at sea in a cargo hold heading west. Whoa that's pretty damn creepy right there. I love it!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

How are they holding up? Been in there for many games? I just wondered if they lost any of their 'black'. Where is the best place to buy them?
Thanks,
Mike . . . a BSD owner.

Matt at BAC sells them.....linked...

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

Read the disclaimer first.

I have had them in for 10 months of non stop play. They work and function just like the silver ball.....just not silver! They still look good and I wouldn't change them for a second. Some people who play my BSD don't like them....good thing house rules

They make a spooky game even more creepy.....load those puppies into the coffin and rock Dracula back to an early grave!

#56 7 years ago

"Blood is too precious of thing in these times"

#57 7 years ago

Hey, I'm in a club! I played a few games on my BSD this morning, and like usual, got my ass kicked. I think my best game today was about 180M.

#58 7 years ago

My score is 6 billion plus, stock settings but regular flippers. Some of the jackpots I had were like 300 million lol, it was marvelous.
Fired mine up today, need to replace the pinballs in it and it needs a shop out badly , it's dirty, and the star posts have seen better days. I have no leds in it either...what have I been missing

#59 7 years ago

The one I acquired was actually in a fire at a funeral home. It was pretty intense. I will have to post pics of the before and after.

#60 7 years ago

Heres a few. That is all fire soot. Its been a pretty intsensive restore to get it back up and going.

photo_1.JPG photo_3.JPG photo_4.JPG photo_5.JPG photo_2.JPG

#61 7 years ago

Here is the PF stripped. I will tell you, It couldnt happen to a cooler themed game. It legit looks like it came out of hell.

photo_6.JPG photo_7.JPG

#62 7 years ago

Looks like that playfield will clean up nice- Will be interesting to see how this turns out

#63 7 years ago

Wow, that looks like a lot of work, but if you got a smokin' deal on it like I'm sure you did (lol) then it will be worth it in the end.

#64 7 years ago

My question is what type of freakin' funeral home had a Dracula pinball machine on premises?

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Wow, that looks like a lot of work, but if you got a smokin' deal on it like I'm sure you did (lol) then it will be worth it in the end.

Puts a new meaning to a fire sale, got it while it was hot... err something

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

My question is what type of freakin' funeral home had a Dracula pinball machine on premises?

Yeah no kidding, I guess I didn't even think about that one but that's a little disturbing actually.

#67 7 years ago

How bad were the boards?

#68 7 years ago

The guy had a funeral home in this little town in the middle of nowhere. The funeral home main floor was a party room kinda thing and had the BSD and 6 other EM's, and a pool table. The funeral portion was upstairs. Like I said, it couldn't happen to a better theme.

#69 7 years ago

Oh hey! BSD? I'm "In Da Club"

(This video is NSFW in a several ways)

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Oh hey! BSD? I'm "In Da Club"

Nice, love me some 50 Cent, but not so much on the Jehovah witnesses!

#71 7 years ago

Mine is down for now for re-decaling and shopping, LEDs including LED tape kit for the ramps. Looking forward to getting it back up and running, and beginning work on a really misty Mist Multiball .

#72 7 years ago

Boards on that game were really rough. Ironically the game still worked after being in the fire and hosed down. I am still doing some board work on it.

#73 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the boards and a pic of the backbox GI wood when it's sanded and not sanded

image.jpg image.jpg

#74 7 years ago

Just played a bunch of games on mine tring to get it dialed in. This game really can piss you off sometimes and then you can have an awesome game the next one. I swear I said this is the last game 4 or 5 times.

#75 7 years ago

Can't sleep so I'm out in the shop working on my BSD. Anyhoo, ever wonder what BSD's playfield hardware looks like from an OCD perspective?

(Topside only, plus maybe a few extra fasteners I had on the workbench)
image.jpg

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Can't sleep so I'm out in the shop working on my BSD. Anyhoo, ever wonder what a BSD's playfield hardware looks like from an OCD perspective?
(Topside only, plus maybe a few extra fasteners I had on the workbench)

Yeah that looks familiar. That game is deceptive with the amount of hardware it has.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Yeah that looks familiar. That game is deceptive with the amount of hardware it has.

You're not kidding. I was very surprised how much is going on under that simple looking layout. And this naturally doesn't reflect the larger lane guides, the coffin, scoops, and other crap on the pf. I have a lotta cleaning to do...

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Noteworthy BSD Easter Eggs:
1) If Drac appears on screen and crosses his eyes hit the launch button (shooter lane) to earn the "Fluffy The Vampire" bonus and see the DMD special display
2) When getting the ball into the asylum, press both flippers to slam Renfield into the bars.
Anyone know any others?
Brian

When entering your initials on a high score, put in "SUN" and watch the game react.

I'm also making several custom mods for the game and will post pix when finished. They are the LED cross's at each ramp, custom coffin for the back right corner that will fit over that switch and bring some cool effects with UV lighting to the area, and of course the werewolf mod like the one seen from eBay.

Really love this machine...

Mike

#79 7 years ago

Phetishboy - your coffin looks clear! How is that?

I love my BSD. REcently put all cointakers in it. I'm trying to fix some burnt J120 connectors so the backlit display fully comes on.

Question: Under the dot matrix, I don't ever happen to see LOVE NEVER DIES lit up visibly. Is this normal?

#80 7 years ago

No, not normal. Go to test, test flashers. Maybe bulbs are bad?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

Phetishboy - your coffin looks clear! How is that?
I love my BSD. REcently put all cointakers in it. I'm trying to fix some burnt J120 connectors so the backlit display fully comes on.
Question: Under the dot matrix, I don't ever happen to see LOVE NEVER DIES lit up visibly. Is this normal?

Like shaklersrevenge said check the bulbs, or it might be wired in with that j120 not sure without checking and as for the clear coffin, they actually sell both the original tinted and a clear version. I know bay area has it and I think Marco as well.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

2) When getting the ball into the asylum, press both flippers to slam Renfield into the bars.

Cool, I hadn't found that egg.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

No, not normal. Go to test, test flashers. Maybe bulbs are bad?

That 4 pin connector might be messed up. I often have to reseat the connector to get the "Love never dies" to work. One day I will fix it, but after shopping the machine a couple months back I just want to play it.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

That 4 pin connector might be messed up. I often have to reseat the connector to get the "Love never dies" to work. One day I will fix it, but after shopping the machine a couple months back I just want to play it.

Thanks. Can anyone answer whether it should be on steady burn, or when would I expect to see it come on please?

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

Thanks. Can anyone answer whether it should be on steady burn, or when would I expect to see it come on please?

It comes on when you get a ball save "love never dies" which ties into the DVD animation the same. It comes on a few other times but that would be the easiest way to test it just start a ball and drain it right away to get a ball save and it should be on then.

#86 7 years ago

When I got my BSD, someone had put some grip tape on the top ends of the lockdown bar. I had planned on removing it but after playing a bunch of games with it, I have come to like it. BSD is a game where nudging is critical and the grip tape on the top of the bar gives me more precise control. Has anybody else ever tried that?

#88 7 years ago

Club member since 2007.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#89 7 years ago

here's mine

DSCF1222.JPG

#90 7 years ago

next

DSCF1224.JPG DSCF1238.JPG

#91 7 years ago

last

DSCF1240.JPG DSCF1239.JPG

#92 7 years ago

Hey anyone know here I can buy lightning flippers? The black ones sold at Little Shop of Games break quickly.

#93 7 years ago

I have the werewolf mod on mine as well and love it, only thing I wish is someone would come up with a spotlight or something to install on him as well, just don't see him enough and it is so dark back there.

#94 7 years ago

Nice paintwork on the Abbey and Drac's Castle Powerslave!

Jeff R.

#95 7 years ago

Tks for the comment,for my part it's only better than the same 3 color on the plastics

#96 6 years ago

Only had my BSD 5 days and hooked already. Needs a lot of cosmetic work and a good clean but loving it. Nasty looking crack in the lift ramp though - anyone got any for sale to ship to UK?

#97 6 years ago

If your handy, you can make one from very thick lexan or a thin piece of plexi glass just need to rivet the flap back on.

#98 6 years ago

I want to join

IMG_0010[1].JPG IMG_0009[1].JPG

#99 6 years ago

Up close of painted flippers

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I want to join

Welcome....to the Carpathians...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 141.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside