Topic Stats

• 6,755 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,074 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.58.49 AM (resized).png
EBF130DD-E6C3-4E02-8A43-05EE5ABC8624 (resized).jpeg
313A7B95-6FE6-4505-A9AC-01A71D739C4A (resized).jpeg
954D894C-2F97-4BA9-AFB0-61F1114C20B9 (resized).jpeg
D058BF1C-F40B-43AC-8CD9-056840A5445D (resized).jpeg
BSD (resized).jpg
20190612_105728 (resized).jpg
20190612_105438 (resized).jpg
IMG_4431 (resized).JPG
IMG_4426 (resized).JPG
14BF9EAB-A665-4553-9FD2-2F5755AB2E90 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190810_1111316 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190810_1111071 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190810_1109105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190810_1108384 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6755 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 136.
#6701 9 days ago

best place for individual replacement plastics? need the big piece under the town on the left and skinny piece to the left of the pops. ty.

#6702 9 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

bryan_kelly have you found that some flipper runners fit lightning bats more tightly than others? I love the lightning flippers, but it seems like the rubber is just a tad more dead than rubber on standard flippers. As far as I know, no one makes a ever-so-slightly smaller lightning flipper rubber?

I've never noticed a difference between standard flipper rubber on standard flippers or lightening flippers and I've never seen one slightly smaller.

#6703 9 days ago

I completely sized this for the center of the apron (no sticker on mine after re-paint) but I suppose that there are a few ideas for additional placement and the scale seems to work! The red silhouette of the head under the start button is not centered so that doesn't really work but just showing a pic of it.

Heading out to see if I can find a proper quick set sculpt material that can be used to add a few small teeth as mine won't cast from the mold, they are too tiny to cast. Bummer but not critical.

IMG_20190810_1104509 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_1109105 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_1106467 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_1108384 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_1111071 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_1111316 (resized).jpg
#6704 9 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I completely sized this for the center of the apron (no sticker on mine after re-paint) but I suppose that there are a few ideas for additional placement and the scale seems to work! The red silhouette of the head under the start button is not centered so that doesn't really work but just showing a pic of it.
Heading out to see if I can find a proper quick set sculpt material that can be used to add a few small teeth as mine won't cast from the mold, they are too tiny to cast. Bummer but not critical.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

For the teeth, if you haven't tried it already, when pouring the resin, if you fill it partially to cover those teeth that are getting bubbles, you may find success by angling the mold around a bit to get the air out of there before pouring the rest of the resin.

#6705 9 days ago

Medisinyl, I've tried it once but I will try again or keep trying whenever I pour for this one. I've picked up some air-dry sculpt-it to see if I can do something on this one for now. I'll need something as a backup when the cast is missing them.

I've also thought of trimming out one of the cast models and trying to sculpt two partials (like dentures) then mold/cast those haha!

#6706 9 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

best place for individual replacement plastics? need the big piece under the town on the left and skinny piece to the left of the pops. ty.

I think I have the big piece under the town. Let me look... would sell it to you for what I paid

#6707 8 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

This it?

image (resized).jpg
#6708 8 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This it?[quoted image]

I’m sure that’s the one he’s referencing, but if WeaverJ declines. I may be interested. That one and my middle targets plastic has two rub marks where the metal target backings scraped some paint.

#6709 8 days ago

I've run into an issue with my BSD, was wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen - and if you found a solution:

When the ball rolls over one of the three lane switches at the top of the play field, the bottom left opto popper fires off. Sometimes just once, sometimes it fires ever second until it stops.

This popper has a white / green wire connected to it, and these lane switches also have white / green wires. I'm wondering if the diodes on these lane switches are malfunctioning?

Any advice is much appreciated!

#6710 8 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I've run into an issue with my BSD, was wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen - and if you found a solution:
When the ball rolls over one of the three lane switches at the top of the play field, the bottom left opto popper fires off. Sometimes just once, sometimes it fires ever second until it stops.
This popper has a white / green wire connected to it, and these lane switches also have white / green wires. I'm wondering if the diodes on these lane switches are malfunctioning?
Any advice is much appreciated!

Not sure what you mean “bottom left opto popper”

Are you saying the bottom left hey bumper fires? If you pull the glass and manually press the lane switches does it happen?

#6711 8 days ago

that's definitely it. i'll message you. tyvm.

hey, what's the deal with test saying check f7/8 upper left/right flipper switches? i forget what that means on this game. my apologies.

#6712 8 days ago

Does anyone know where to get a set of black lightning flippers?

#6713 8 days ago

New super proud owner of a better than new total blinged out BSD. does anyone know the options or best place to look for original and alternative trans lights ? Any really cool ones that would ho with the blue as all has been powder coated etc. Appreciate anyines time to let me know cheers

#6714 8 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

New super proud owner of a better than new total blinged out BSD. does anyone know the options or best place to look for original and alternative trans lights ?

See a few pages ago. Quite a few of us picked up this one.

14BF9EAB-A665-4553-9FD2-2F5755AB2E90 (resized).jpeg
#6715 8 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone know where to get a set of black lightning flippers?

Marco carries them. Looks like they’re out of stock at the moment.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9734-7

#6716 8 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Marco carries them. Looks like they’re out of stock at the moment.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9734-7

I think you can buy them direct from planetary

#6717 8 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

See a few pages ago. Quite a few of us picked up this one.[quoted image]

I like it! What is the material and quality like? I'd love to have it the same shiny plastic as the original.

#6718 8 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I like it! What is the material and quality like? I'd love to have it the same shiny plastic as the original.

Quality is great, thick media just like an original translite.

#6719 8 days ago

Thanks guys I'm trying to find it as really think would go well with the blue powder coated trim. Dont see it on any of those companies sites anybideas where ?

#6720 8 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks guys I'm trying to find it as really think would go well with the blue powder coated trim. Dont see it on any of those companies sites anybideas where ?

It's on Ebay
ebay.com link

#6721 8 days ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

It's on Ebay
ebay.com link

Thanks, ordered non blood. Looks amazing

#6722 8 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not sure what you mean “bottom left opto popper”
Are you saying the bottom left hey bumper fires? If you pull the glass and manually press the lane switches does it happen?

It's the popper that shoots the ball out of the left wire ramp (under the village). Yes it happens when I touch the switch(es) with my finger.

#6723 8 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

It's the popper that shoots the ball out of the left wire ramp (under the village). Yes it happens when I touch the switch(es) with my finger.

Ah.... I see. Yup, sounds like a diode or potential a wire that’s shorting...

#6724 8 days ago

Not dnaman s but it reminded me I had picked one of these up off of eBay years ago but didn't do anything with it. I put it up in my shop if anyone wants it. I stuck it on my game for an idea of size. $35 shipped.
IMG_4426 (resized).JPGIMG_4431 (resized).JPG

#6725 8 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

New super proud owner of a better than new total blinged out BSD. does anyone know the options or best place to look for original and alternative trans lights ? Any really cool ones that would ho with the blue as all has been powder coated etc. Appreciate anyines time to let me know cheers

Have you got any pics? I'm keen to see what it looks like with the blue powder coating!

#6726 7 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Have you got any pics? I'm keen to see what it looks like with the blue powder coating!

20190612_105438 (resized).jpg20190612_105728 (resized).jpg
#6727 7 days ago

As you can see this new translite should really work well! Thanks for everyone's help tracking it down .

#6728 7 days ago

The blue powder-coating looks really nice! You're right, that translite would compliment it very well. Beautiful game!

#6729 7 days ago

As above, that blue powder coating looks great! Do you happen to know what the colour is called by any chance?

#6730 7 days ago

hAbO very cool to see these out there, I just couldn't find anything. That one is a bit larger than where I sculpted for but it should absolutely work under the Start, Launch or front of coin door. Thanks for sharing!

#6731 7 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

The blue powder-coating looks really nice! You're right, that translite would compliment it very well. Beautiful game!

I will contact the fellow pinside I bought from and see if he kept the color code

#6732 7 days ago

The seller got back, it's from pinballcoating.com and is called candy blue. 6 to 12 months and 2k cost as apparently quite the process. I feel bad now if this gets scratched lol

#6733 7 days ago

Sorry pinballplating.com

#6734 7 days ago

I'm in the same boat as weaverj was. I bought a NOS set and I'm missing the pictured plastic. The under castle plastic is iffy but I can get that one from Pinball Center. Anyone know where I can pick one up?

BSD (resized).jpg
#6735 7 days ago

just ordered a pinsound board...

#6736 7 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The seller got back, it's from pinballcoating.com and is called candy blue. 6 to 12 months and 2k cost as apparently quite the process. I feel bad now if this gets scratched lol

Thanks for finding out! It looks so good but damn that is expensive.

#6737 6 days ago

i need to have a usb stick permanently in the board, correct?

#6738 6 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

$2k for powder? That doesn’t sound right, even if it’s a two or three step process powdercoat. Way expensive. I’ve never spent more than $600 for a game, and I’ve done a good amount of candy and metallic colors. Even if you bought all new armor, hinges, lockdown bar, etc., the cost might be slightly over $1000 total.

#6739 6 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

As far as I know. Mine stays in there. Great choice to buy...greatest upgrade. Congrats on finally picking up another Drac.

#6740 6 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Someone got taken for a riiiiidddddddddde...

#6741 6 days ago

I really need to get into the powder-coating business.

#6742 6 days ago

I see that this has been asked a few times, but it seems the answer isn't anywhere. In the effort of hopefully not doing a ton of trial and error, does anyone have a list of where the mounting posts go? I hadn't realized the three smallest in particular were so close together.

Sizes and part numbers and quantity according to the manual (and for future searching!) are:

02-4322-20 - MF Spacer, 8-32 x 3.31" (1)
02-4657 - Mounting Post, 6-32 x 4.38" (1)
02-4765-1 - Mounting Post, 8-32 x 3.62" (1)
02-4765-2 - Mounting Post, 8-32 x 2.75" (1)
02-4765-3 - Mounting Post, 8-32 x 2.81" (1)
02-4764-4 - Mounting Post, 8-32 x 2.68" (1)
02-4765-5 - Mounting Post, 8-32 x 4.81" (1)

The one that I am pretty sure I'm right on is 02-4657 is in the upper right hand screw hole in the Mystery hole.

I *believe* that 02-4675-2 is the post to the left of the ramp that fires the ball into play, but I am not certain. Any help would be appreciated, I just spent longer than I'd like trying to figure this out, and how often it seems to come up, I'd love to actually provide the info for people who run into this in the future!

#6743 6 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

Someone got taken for a riiiiidddddddddde...

Wasnt me, was included in the purchase price and in no way did he tell me this to justify as was reasonable price for a quality restored BSD like this ,and this Dr. Friend of mine doesn't lie so perhaps he did or it's that spectacular, who knows. Main thing is he does this as his hobby and loves to take games way past new in box so all in all I love it because I love the older games! Keep it up Ian !

#6744 6 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Yes, USB stays in place, that is where it reads the files from during the game on PinSound.

#6745 6 days ago

This hobby is so interesting, especially when it comes to modding. These alt translites all look interesting... I think it's cool you guys dig installing them. For me, I've always found a really creepy/evil alure to the original... it's one of the parts of the art package that I actually like LOL.

As I dug out info about the plastic I'm shipping up to weaverj, I was completely shocked to see I had originally purchased that plastic in 2013... and I'm fairly certain I bought the game back in 2012... is it really possible I've owned Drac for 7 years? Seems like one! And that's a good thing.

This game just has such a soul. Drac's various laughs and taunts... that confidently creepy "we shall do battle..." callout with the bells. His joyful and devilishly evil laugh when you drain during multiball.

I just love it.

My particular example of the game is definitely players. The cab has some fade and knicks... some guy autographed the bottom... at somepoint the backbox latch broke and had to be moved off-center... but the playfield is in decent shape and I always keep'm playing clean and snappy. The ball just flies.

I originally got the game from a collector up in Bethleham, PA (I wish I could remember his name). We did a trade: My Getaway for his BSD plus a big chunk of cash. I actually thought the deal was too lopsided in my direction, but he was insistent... I believe he was about to buy yzfguy's BSD (upgrading to a cleaner example).

Anyhow, not a day goes by that I regret that trade. And when I have these little urges to get a new cab for the game... or install a repro playfield... even install a CDMD...I pause and really take in the battle scars and originality that my particular machine bears (I did swap out the Weekend at Bernie’s drac Head... and add a cool UV light to the tunnel through the coffin . It's only fitting that an evil bastard like Dracula lives and breathes with the wounds of a life well-lived. It's like a guitar that's been on tour for 20 years... but in this case, it's a machine that's spent its days torturing the hell out of people - myself included.

What a game.
313A7B95-6FE6-4505-A9AC-01A71D739C4A (resized).jpegEBF130DD-E6C3-4E02-8A43-05EE5ABC8624 (resized).jpeg954D894C-2F97-4BA9-AFB0-61F1114C20B9 (resized).jpegD058BF1C-F40B-43AC-8CD9-056840A5445D (resized).jpeg

#6746 6 days ago

of the sixteen pins i've had and sold, it's the only one i needed back.

yeah, i'm not a big alternative translite guy, but i wouldn't mind getting a nicer condition one. my current original has a little spot missing on drac's upper lip. looks like he has a little booger coming out his nose; #worstpossible.

#6747 6 days ago

i just ordered a repro from pinballdecals; lol.

#6748 6 days ago

i love the morpheus headstone.

#6749 6 days ago

Never noticed this until now...

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.58.49 AM (resized).png

#6750 6 days ago

ditto.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Machine - For Sale
Hagerstown, MD
There are 6755 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 136.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside