Topic Stats

• 7,066 posts
  • 581 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by harig
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg
27B043C3-0E4B-44D0-AE57-49621BE2B5F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7066 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 142.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Do any of you have an issue where the ball launch ramp causes the ball to miss the skill shot drop target? My launch ramp (plastic) is a bit tweaked and I'm not sure which way to go with it to get it back to original.

I have the exact same issue on mine. When I launch the ball it only hits the drop target maybe 25% of the time. I can't tell if it's hitting the metal gate or just not launching fast enough (although my plunger is aligned and seems to be working well)... Very frustrating, but I have not spent a lot of time trying to trouble shoot it either. If this is a known issue, I hope some one can tell us the fix...

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I thought this looked awesome, so I did the same thing with mine.
Before:

After:

Way better! Don't you just love the blue???

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I have the exact same issue on mine. When I launch the ball it only hits the drop target maybe 25% of the time. I can't tell if it's hitting the metal gate or just not launching fast enough (although my plunger is aligned and seems to be working well)... Very frustrating, but I have not spent a lot of time trying to trouble shoot it either. If this is a known issue, I hope some one can tell us the fix...

I *think* its that clear plastic launch ramp, underneath the loop ramp. It is not supported very well and I think it's just warped a bit over time.

Someone mentioned they're doing BSD ramps soon, hopefully that will cure this?

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

I'm back in the club! I had one for 2 years and sold it a little over a year ago. Just brought home another last night and this one ain't leavin!

Gratz man! Now I don't have to feel guilty for posting pics of your old one.

#405 6 years ago

I am still having the issue with the ball falling off the castle lock ramp. I am going to continue to adjust it to get it right. Its better but still not perfect. Also sometimes the coffin lock ramp the ball will rattle at the top of the ramp and come back down. I am still adjusting that.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Gratz man! Now I don't have to feel guilty for posting pics of your old one.

i got to admit every time i saw you post a picture i got a little depressed.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It might not have the correct sized hex spacer under it.

Yea, I was thinking of moving to larger ones to bring it up a bit. Another option is maybe washers or something to help "level" it out. The right side is probably heavier than the left and over time it leans.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Bradp56:

I am still having the issue with the ball falling off the castle lock ramp. I am going to continue to adjust it to get it right. Its better but still not perfect. Also sometimes the coffin lock ramp the ball will rattle at the top of the ramp and come back down. I am still adjusting that.

I bent a small amount of metal wire (kind of like the wire you'd use to make your own gate) and attached on end under the switch mounting screw near that bend and the other end nearby so it basically made a little barrier to keep the ball on the wireform. When I have a chance and I'm at home I will try and take a photo of it. You don't even notice it on the game and ever since I did that I have never had a single ball fall off again.

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Way better! Don't you just love the blue???

Yup. Looks WAY better.

#410 6 years ago

I've resisted the members only threads... but I like my BSD that much

I recently picked mine up. It's in very good original condition, good colour inside and out, with minimal insert wear. It's unshopped and I'm trying to find time to strip the PF and make it shine.

It's a likely candidate for clearcoat since this game's a keeper. Of all the pinball games I played back in the 80s and 90s, and up until now, this one is a top 3 pin for me! If you are not on your game, or simply like to flail, this game will eat you alive. It's what I like best about this pin; it's a player's game.
// Error: Image 115421 not found //

#411 6 years ago

One more
// Error: Image 115380 not found //

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Also I have the same problem on my BSD.
The ball skill shot rarely hits the target ... If someone felt the same and managed to fix the problem, I would greatly appreciate to share with us the solution.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Mine just shipped today! Pumped...

Louisiana is turning into the place to be for BSD! Congrats.

#414 6 years ago

Can't get my diverter to divert anymore. Anyone have a pic from underneath it? Maybe I have something wrong

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can't get my diverter to divert anymore. Anyone have a pic from underneath it? Maybe I have something wrong

In solenoid test does the coil fire?

If so, then this "should" be easy. Check to see of you can manually move the diverter down, and then release it (lock below pf, IIRC). Mine had a problem where the shaft was dragging on a rubber. There's a rubber that routes very close to the shaft. If routed the wrong way your diverter will hang up.

Hope that helps,

Brian

#416 6 years ago

I had the same issue with my BSD not hitting the skill shot. I thought it was the ramp and then I thought it was the gate and it ended up being the Plunger. I bought a new plunger put on a new sleeve and spring and it hits every time!

plunger
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=639

Spring
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=345

sleeve
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2900

#417 6 years ago

I am hoping someone can help with me regarding Mist multi ball, I was convinced it was the loose wiring from the EMI board near the magnet power board but it still has issues after reconnecting wires with new connector. I have even replaced the opto board as well.
I am now thinking it could be the optos themselves?
What happens is that when the game starts it loads the ball ready for mist multi ball, seconds later it drops the ball and repeats the process. So basically the ball never stays there for mist multiball.
Would any one know exactly what to look for?

#418 6 years ago

I can now say the machine I have been looking for the longest and have not acquired (3years) has arrived -BSD. No of wear, no fade, but some brutal flipper button wear.

Super pumped, now starts the stripping and replacing phase.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I am hoping someone can help with me regarding Mist multi ball, I was convinced it was the loose wiring from the EMI board near the magnet power board but it still has issues after reconnecting wires with new connector. I have even replaced the opto board as well.
What happens is that when the game starts it loads the ball ready for mist multi ball, seconds later it drops the ball and repeats the process. So basically the ball never stays there for mist multiball.

Switch and solenoid tests all check out?

#420 6 years ago

hi pinster, check the wire gate and the spring. g.l. joe

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

Is it dropping back into the shooter lane, or out onto playfield?

#422 6 years ago

Lost mine in the Yarnell Fire. My fav pin of all time after owing 80 pins. Nice creepy theme, sound, great toys, cool Mist, Great ramps, Coffin, Nice art and amazing gameplay. If anyone is selling is selling a collector qual BSD let me know, unfortunately in the hunt. Had mine for 5yrs and it was never boring. Here is a vid of me escaping the house and yes Gameroom

#423 6 years ago

It is locking for about 5 seconds, then the gate opens and it drops it onto playfield. Then the sequence is repeated.

I have done both tests, the solenoids are fine, there is how ever a few switch issues. I don't have the knowledge (or the patience) to look for the colored wires and work out if they are working or not.

I think I will bite the bullet and get professional help, there is a guy not far from me that restores pins, I am hoping he can pay me a visit.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

It is locking for about 5 seconds, then the gate opens and it drops it onto playfield. Then the sequence is repeated.
I have done both tests, the solenoids are fine, there is how ever a few switch issues. I don't have the knowledge (or the patience) to look for the colored wires and work out if they are working or not.
I think I will bite the bullet and get professional help, there is a guy not far from me that restores pins, I am hoping he can pay me a visit.

If you have opto switch issues and you've already replaced the board, it should be An easy fix. Some tests for the long opto: Go into switch edges mode, take the ball out of the mist pocket, and put your hand across the beam. Should register. If not, youve got a problem. Test that the transmitter opto is on by turning on your digital camera and pointing it at the opto. If you see a faint blue then it's probably good. The receiver opto can be tested by pointing a tv remote at it and pressing some of the buttons (not sure which ones, experiment a bit). It should register in switch edges test if its working. At that point you should have a good idea what the replace. The hardest part is getting to the optos, which are buried under ramps and plastics.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

If you have opto switch issues and you've already replaced the board, it should be An easy fix. Some tests for the long opto: Go into switch edges mode, take the ball out of the mist pocket, and put your hand across the beam. Should register. If not, youve got a problem. Test that the transmitter opto is on by turning on your digital camera and pointing it at the opto. If you see a faint blue then it's probably good. The receiver opto can be tested by pointing a tv remote at it and pressing some of the buttons (not sure which ones, experiment a bit). It should register in switch edges test if its working. At that point you should have a good idea what the replace. The hardest part is getting to the optos, which are buried under ramps and plastics.

Thanks Spraynard for taking time to write, I have both the plastic mouldings off for getting to optos. I did what you said, under switch edges test it brings up SW D7 and SW D6. I have run my hand in front of the optos across the PF and it registered on both tests (says SW 82 once I do that), so I am guessing the PF opto is fine. Further checks Left pocket opto is fine (SW 52), is there any other opto's that cause a problem?

#426 6 years ago

On the left side, find the opto with the plastic tiny tube in front of it. On mine, I had to loosen the screw holding that plastic piece so the beam was better directed. It was working in test, but showed up as an intermittant error. Put it in testand wiggle that piece/ lift and lower/ left and right. That was the fix for mine after replacing the opto board and all the optos!

#427 6 years ago

another likely candidate is the looped wire cord to the magnet - could be a break inside the cord somewhere giving intermittent contact as the magnet moves. Happened on mine.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

Lost mine in the Yarnell Fire. My fav pin of all time after owing 80 pins. Nice creepy theme, sound, great toys, cool Mist, Great ramps, Coffin, Nice art and amazing gameplay. If anyone is selling is selling a collector qual BSD let me know, unfortunately in the hunt. Had mine for 5yrs and it was never boring. Here is a vid of me escaping the house and yes Gameroom ยป YouTube video

Sorry to hear. That has to be a terrible feeling. So much loss played out over hours or days has to make you feel just sick.

I was a volunteer firefighter for years here in North Jersey. I've seen many bad things, but nothing like this.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

If you have any LEDs near the optos by the mist gates pull them out. They will cause interference with the optos.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Nice. Before I switched to blue pop bumpers, I had red LEDs in my DRACULA inserts as well to make all the red and blue balance out better. Now that I have blue pops, as well as yellow/orange flippers, I think it looks better in yellow. Here's where mine stands.

Wow! Incredible Dracula!

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

If you have any LEDs near the optos by the mist gates pull them out. They will cause interference with the optos.

Thanks for that tip, I will try it out tomorrow and take out LEDs and have a look at the plastic thing yzfguy was talking about to see if that helps.

#432 6 years ago

I had the same issue with my BSD not hitting the skill shot. I thought it was the ramp and then I thought it was the gate and it ended up being the Plunger. I bought a new plunger put on a new sleeve and spring and it hits every time!
plunger
Spring
sleeve
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=91

Thanks for the info. I ordered these today for my game. Hope it help my issue as it did yours.

Has anyone heard any info on the replacement ramps?

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Thanks for the info. I ordered these today for my game. Hope it help my issue as it did yours.
Has anyone heard any info on the replacement ramps?

I tried this rebuild on the plunger and it decidedly improved things but the ramp issues still make mine miss the drop target a lot. Waiting for a new ramp still.

#434 6 years ago

My game was missing the drop on launch also, turned out the flap on the shooter lane ramp had a crease bent into it. I was afraid I would snap it, bit I bent it back so it is straight and that did the trick. The bend was slowing the ball.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

I tried this rebuild on the plunger and it decidedly improved things but the ramp issues still make mine miss the drop target a lot. Waiting for a new ramp still.

Try pulling your ramp off and maybe try to adjust it with some washers. I know mine has some small cut pieces of plastics that raise it and level it. I also cut the sleeve down to where it is almost flush with the shooter coil. And also pull the apron off and with a ball in the shooter lane take out the screws that hold the coil frame in and adjust it so that the shooter rod is hitting the ball dead center.

#437 6 years ago

Crap! Need to correct before Terry sends my order!

Thanks for the update...

#438 6 years ago

hi guy's I was at advance auto parts and I couldn't resist. joe

#439 6 years ago

hi guy's I was at advance auto parts and I couldn't resist. joe

SAM_0806.JPG SAM_0807.JPG

#440 6 years ago

That's bad ass Joe!

I might have tried it if I didn't already have the proto slings installed. Might look great on the speaker grills though...

#441 6 years ago

hi mr. they didn't have another set when I was there but i'm going to put them on the speaker. joe

#442 6 years ago

Looking good! I need to get protectors as well

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My game was missing the drop on launch also, turned out the flap on the shooter lane ramp had a crease bent into it. I was afraid I would snap it, bit I bent it back so it is straight and that did the trick. The bend was slowing the ball.

Thanks for the advice.
In my next order will include these parts, to see if once solved ...

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I bent a small amount of metal wire (kind of like the wire you'd use to make your own gate) and attached on end under the switch mounting screw near that bend and the other end nearby so it basically made a little barrier to keep the ball on the wireform. When I have a chance and I'm at home I will try and take a photo of it. You don't even notice it on the game and ever since I did that I have never had a single ball fall off again.

Would really appreciate photos when you get a chance. This problem drives me nuts!

#445 6 years ago

If I make protectors who wants Some?

#446 6 years ago

Here's a photo. It's a little bit of piano wire I looped between the screw on the switch of one ramp to the wireform on the adjacent one.

bsdfix.jpg

#447 6 years ago

BSD, as many have agreed, is the type of game that suits a better caliber player. If you just like to slap the ball around without too much care you will have VERY short ball times.

I still play BSD all the time even after having it a few years. Since I sold off most of my valuable games, between SM, JD and BSD I feel I am getting a good variety of game styles and shots. No further need for 12+ games in the basement.

I find the people that dislike this title are generally lower caliber players that just like to make satisfying shots but not necessarily want to learn to do a stop catch, flipper pass, etc.

Keeping the lightning flippers is a MUST IMHO.

#448 6 years ago

plunger
Spring
sleeve
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2900

Well, I tried this fix (with the correct coil sleeve), but it didn't fix my issue. Launched balls are still hitting my metal gate. Thanks again for the fix though! Back to the drawing board...

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

On the left side, find the opto with the plastic tiny tube in front of it. On mine, I had to loosen the screw holding that plastic piece so the beam was better directed. It was working in test, but showed up as an intermittant error. Put it in testand wiggle that piece/ lift and lower/ left and right. That was the fix for mine after replacing the opto board and all the optos!

I finally got it to work, the ball wasn't in front of the opto properly. I bent the metal piece that the ball rests on upwards so that it would sit in a higher position. Did the trick

#450 6 years ago

Awesome! Feels good, doesn't it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 7066 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside