Topic Stats

• 6,843 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TDEX
  • Topic is favorited by 220 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,095 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (15) (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpg
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpg
fzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpg
54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif
IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG
0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg
2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6843 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 137.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

Hi Netsepp, Pinballheaven.co.uk have most of those parts you are looking for or even better
Pinballcenter.eu has the set of plastics you require for 32 Euros

I got a set of these (nice!) proto sling plastics over the holiday, but no hardware. Can someone who has them installed please identify the specific hardware required to mount them, and maybe pass along any associated tips? Thanks very much in advance!

#852 5 years ago

Now i wanted to start my magnet tests and removed the castle on the right side to see more parts.
I found the first problem there (the ball holder is damaged). Has anyone a picture of how it should look like ?

P1030946.jpg

i am searching for the wire as spare part but i didn't found this as sparepart.

Mike

#853 5 years ago

This should help...

image-566.jpg
image-859.jpg
image-160.jpg

#854 5 years ago

You're lucky, you've just got a broken right gate, which is available. The left gate is not available.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7064

#855 5 years ago

The reference of this piece is A-16259 gate & wire assy.

Looks like this out of stock ...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16259

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-BSDA16259

If you do not find yourself, is a simple piece of manufacturing ...

Greetings.

EDIT:

I see the friend aobrien5 found the piece ...

These lucky!!!

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You're lucky, you've just got a broken right gate, which is available. The left gate is not available.

Most gates are not that difficult to make out of flat stock and wire.

Robert

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Most gates are not that difficult to make out of flat stock and wire.
Robert

That's true, as long as you have something to compare it to. Took me lots of trial and error to fabricate my own left gate.

#858 5 years ago

i found the wire spare part, but only in USA - 2,5$ - shipping 25$ 3-4 weeks

I will buy a wire and try it myself to turn

but i have another question:

is it possible that there are more lamps on the playfiels as described in the manual ?

there are a lot of Lamps (think 5 Lamps on the back of the playfield ) that not work and i don't find in manual ( They go to cable brown/brown/white) ?

i attached a photo with one of these lamps

thank you for your help

Mike

lamps.jpg lamplocation.jpg
#859 5 years ago

Thanks for the pictures - it will help to make the gate myself

#860 5 years ago

hi netsepp,those are g.i. lights.change all of them the one in the center lane is bad.follow wires lamp to lamp might be a broken wire.g.l. joe

#861 5 years ago

thank you joe,

all lamps on the cable brown/brown-white not work (also the first lamp on this cable) , so i think i have to follow the cable to the backbox and find the problem there...

thanks

Mike

#862 5 years ago

thanks to your pictures,

i made the gate with a piece of wire!

What about the left gate ? Should it also hold the ball like the right gate ? my left gate can't hold a ball, just can eject ?

Mike

gate_ok.jpg
#863 5 years ago

I'm not sure as I had mist multiball go across the PF in both directions :/

#864 5 years ago

i make the magnet test and the ball is going from right to left (with the magnet). on the left gate the ball is falling down, then the magnet is going back to right and then it is unloading.

The gate on the left side looks not original, so i am not sure what happens on the left side - i never see an original BSD machine with mist in progress...

#865 5 years ago

When the ball gets to the left side does the gate lift up to accept the ball? There's a little solenoid under the village that pops that gate open so maybe it's not firing (or if the spring connected to the gate is too weak maybe it's not pulling the gate enough).

#866 5 years ago

I believe that the mist gate wires may be copper, copper alloy or phosphor bronze, not steel. I think it has to do with magnetization.

I'm not at my machine, but do remember that the gate wires were distinctly a copper color.

I could be wrong, but that's what I remember...perhaps Lloyd can chime in or Netsepp can PM him and ask.

Robert

#868 5 years ago

that gate should lift up

#870 5 years ago

Wow, thanks TaylorVA for the Video! Now i understand the left wiregate and think i have to make it also new because the one installed doesn't work like this!

MrSanMaron: yes i don't think about the magnetic wire the first tests work fine but of course it can get magnetically after some games.

I will make it new with copper if i find some piece of copper with this dimensions now i know how to turn the wire...

Mike

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Wow, thanks TaylorVA for the Video! Now i understand the left wiregate and think i have to make it also new because the one installed doesn't work like this!
MrSanMaron: yes i don't think about the magnetic wire the first tests work fine but of course it can get magnetically after some games.
I will make it new with copper if i find some piece of copper with this dimensions now i know how to turn the wire...
Mike

........or stainless steel wire

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

........or stainless steel wire

Stainless would be a great option.

#873 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Stainless would be a great option.

Ferritic & Martensitic grades are magnetic while Austenitic stainless steels are non-magnetic (or slightly magnetic).

304 is a common austenetic stainless steel that would be a good choice as well as copper (a little soft) or phosphor bronze (hard).

Robert

#874 5 years ago

OK, I brought the mist to work crazy gates - the left gate always bends from the ball if i shoot the wire think i have to change it to harder metal

sometimes if the ball falls in this hole, it never comes back to the front ejection. could that be a problem of the switch in the lane under the playfield ? if i lift the playfield i hear the ball running back to the hole, and then if i insert the playfield the ball is normal ejected ?

has anyone the print grafics for the inside decals ?

thanks

Mike

hole.jpg
#875 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

sometimes if the ball falls in this hole, it never comes back to the front ejection. could that be a problem of the switch in the lane under the playfield ? if i lift the playfield i hear the ball running back to the hole, and then if i insert the playfield the ball is normal ejected ?

It's either the Mystery Hole rollover switch (switch 58), or the opto at the popper. You might just need to adjust the metal actuator for the switch.

Edit: Just realized I confused some switches.

#876 5 years ago

I cleaned up my BSD over the weekend and replaced the plastic that goes under the coffin and over the left pop bumper.

I forgot to put it on when I changed out some bulbs and after 2 games I got a ball stuck under the coffin. Probably could have left it there forever, but it bothered me so got it out. The coffin is annoying to have to take apart.

Wish they would have put a connector on the light array, so you could remove it from the topside of the playfield. I always feel like I'm going to break the circuit board when I try to stick it thru the coffin plastic.

I also found a ball stuck in the upper left corner...not sure how it got there, but I think it was when I raised the playfield without taking out the 3 balls from the shooter lane.

Still on the fence about selling it; sometimes I think yes...then I play it again and don't want to part with it.

Robert

#877 5 years ago

Can I get back into the club?

Sold my original BSD a few months back and just got this beauty.
I was missing it. Glad to have one back.

photo.JPG

#878 5 years ago

Nice DRANO.....you got back into the club in style! This is how to do it

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Can I get back into the club?

Sold my original BSD a few months back and just got this beauty.
I was missing it. Glad to have one back.

Congrats on the purchase! You're absolutely killing me though.... I had to sell my gorgeous BSD a year and a half back and I'm trying hard to find a replacement now. Enjoy your new game!!

#880 5 years ago

Thanks Kevinleedrum,

i cleaned the optos and now i have to wait if it will happen again (then i have to change or adjust the switch).

Mike

#881 5 years ago

I just want to buy the pin again to make it into the billionaire club never could break a billion

#882 5 years ago

Anyone have this Graphics for print out ?
also i want to make inside decals but can't find the grafics...

thanx Mike

instruction.jpg custom_card.jpg
#884 5 years ago

Thank you, on pinballrebel there are much good cards, but not this one

Mike

#885 5 years ago

Just started our own shop job on my BSD. Can already tell this is going to be a complex job, but can't wait to see how it looks when it gets its first serious cleaning in, I don't know, a decade.

One thing I'm looking at doing is replacing the targets from the center bank. The foam backs are almost completely destroyed. The targets in the left bank look amazingly nice compared to the center targets. They just don't get hit as hard as often.

When cross referencing the targets from the manual, I noticed it said the center target should be red while the outside targets should green. My outside targets are yellow, and I'm pretty sure every picture I've ever seen of a BSD had yellow outside targets, too. Either color would complement the playfield (which has both yellow and green on it), so I thought about going with what the manual says instead of the yellow. Of course, checking Marco, they have them in every color but green (out of stock).

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone seen a machine with green outer targets on the center or left target bank?

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from ModCity:

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone seen a machine with green outer targets on the center or left target bank?

Mine are yellow, either it's a typo or they were changed after the proto's and the manual didn't...I guessing typo though.

Robert

#887 5 years ago

Protos had green targets. Those got replaced with yellow for production but the manuals were already printed at the time. I used to have both a proto and a production game and my proto had the green targets (it also had some insert differences).

#888 5 years ago

Ah, interesting to know. Yellow works for me, but would have considered green if they were readily available. This shop job is complicated enough as it is, I don't need the manual throwing curve balls at me too!

I'm assuming most would encourage me to remove the mylar around the pop bumpers. It's the only mylar on the machine and I understand you don't really need it with Diamondplate playfields. There is some bubbling by a few of the inserts leading into the Mystery Hole. I've never removed mylar before. Is it worth it?

#889 5 years ago
Quoted from ModCity:

Ah, interesting to know. Yellow works for me, but would have considered green if they were readily available. This shop job is complicated enough as it is, I don't need the manual throwing curve balls at me too!
I'm assuming most would encourage me to remove the mylar around the pop bumpers. It's the only mylar on the machine and I understand you don't really need it with Diamondplate playfields. There is some bubbling by a few of the inserts leading into the Mystery Hole. I've never removed mylar before. Is it worth it?

You do still need it with diamondplate playfields. The force of that ring smashing the ball into the playfield will wear the clear coating and paint off it eventually. Leave the mylar on there unless it is really crappy then I'd remove it and replace with new mylar.

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Thank you, on pinballrebel there are much good cards, but not this one
Mike

It looks like these to me: http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/bsdset.zip

Quoted from ModCity:

This shop job is complicated enough as it is, I don't need the manual throwing curve balls at me too!

Be careful, there are several things in the manual that are not accurate. Mislabeled part numbers, missing diagram indicators for lights, etc.

#891 5 years ago

wow thank you aobrien5, thats it think it will look good with light on my BSD...

Mike

#893 5 years ago

Nice pic, very artsy! I can't play in the dark myself, hurts my eyes.

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Nice pic, very artsy! I can't play in the dark myself, hurts my eyes.

do you have LEDs?

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

do you have LEDs?

Yes I do

#896 5 years ago

[DELETED]

Post edited by ModCity : Sorry, double post

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It looks like these to me: http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/bsdset.zip

Be careful, there are several things in the manual that are not accurate. Mislabeled part numbers, missing diagram indicators for lights, etc.

Yeah, I've experienced this in the past, so I take everything with a grain of salt. That's why forums like this are so darn important and helpful.

#898 5 years ago

I plan to make the Insert Decals for Dracula myself (or someone have the grafics ?)
I am searching for the Font D R A C U LA...

hope some one have it ?

Mike

dracula.jpg
#899 5 years ago

Unfortunately I don't, but my decals look similar so if you do get it done I'd love a copy of the file!

#900 5 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-bsd-decal-art

Contact drano and see how he did the decals.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 209.99
There are 6843 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside