IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

302 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mollyspub. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3352 8 years ago

Looking for one in the buffalo ny area

3 weeks later
#3396 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Considering putting mine on the market but looking for info on pricing. It's clearcoated with better than average cabinet. Seen pricing all over the place and frankly need to get as much out of it as I can. Thoughts?

I assume your awesome rails are installed? Pm sent

2 weeks later
#3413 7 years ago

. What stage hsa is that? Hoping to own a bsd someday!

2 weeks later
#3465 7 years ago

Hoping to own a bsd someday... Came across these and would like to see these installed on a game... Anyone?image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#3485 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have black mirror blades on mine. I don't like the look of any decal options for this game. The black mirror still keeps the theme dark. NOTE: BSD doesn't show off a lot of the blades compared to other games due to the castles & ramps up against the sides. Still looks good though.

Dude... Your game is Gorgeous!
Now if I can only find one for myself

1 month later
#3523 7 years ago

Looking for a BSD in the buffalo ny area!

2 months later
#3755 7 years ago

Just checked out the site... Never heard of them. Had no idea they made them for so many different games including BSD and CONGO ! Anyone have any idea how the quality is???

2 months later
#3922 7 years ago

Looking for a BSD in the buffalo ny area.

2 weeks later
#4092 7 years ago

Finally a member !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4113 7 years ago

Recently picked up a BSD... Was looking at the replacement plastic set and noticed this one isn't included? After reading though past postings, looks like these weren't even available at one point. When did they arrive on the scene? Lastly, is this one supposed to be red? Mine looks more like a washed out orangish color

#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's a decal or sticker.

Doh!

1 week later
#4236 7 years ago

my BSD seems not to keep certain settings such as had a extra ball after video mode1. Next time I turned it on, it had changed to video mode 2. I have it set to extra ball at 200k but the display reads 154k and lastly mist is supposed to be activated at 5 ramp hits but activates much sooner. Any ideas ?

#4238 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

extra ball at 200k?! million, you mean?

Yes! Lol.

#4240 7 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Are your high scores holding? Might be a battery issue.

Yes they are. I thought of that and will change them just to make sure.

#4242 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Upgrade to NVRAM so you will not have to worry about batteries.

True but I'm not so sure this is my problem.

#4246 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do it and find out. You'll be protecting the board from future damage in the process.

Changing the batteries did not solve the problem. Biggest thing that bothers me is mist is set at 5 ramp hits, you don't even have to hit any ramp shots and after a few minutes, the mist insert will light up and can be activated when making that shot into the hole! Anyone out there have any ideas? Next thing I'll try is a replacement rom.

#4249 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That sounds like a bad opto. Is it registering ramp hits when it does that?

no, not at all. will say 5 ramp hits to light mist still.

#4252 7 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Not sure this is your issue, but on normal settings if you have not lit mist multiball by the beginning of your third ball it will be lit automatically. If this is happening before the third ball I would suspect corrupt RAM or ROM.

You are correct! I had no idea it would light mist that way. I feel much better. Now I just need to be better at the game!

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'm checking out pinballpt inside cabinet decals. wondering how hard the install would be. would i have to remove the playfield?

I just purchased a set and will install them this weekend. I have them on my other games and no you don't have to remove the playfield. I think pinball supernova has a how to video posted somewhere. One thing I don't like about the PT version is that there is no pre cut hole for the side bracket that attaches to the head and it looks like you may have to trim around the flipper switches.

1 week later
#4305 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

who got the bsd from coin op warehouse for 2600? just wondering if it was nice cause they only posted one pic and you hardly saw the playfield.

I looked into this one. They sent me a lot of pics. Faded and poorly touched up cabinet, broken and missing plastics. It was beat. Passed on this one.

#4314 7 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

New to our collection of PinBlade™ designs is Bram Stoker's Dracula.
All new art but inspired by the original design.
© PinGraffix Inc., All Rights Reserved
They can be ordered at http://www.PinGraffix.com.

Anyone have pics of these installed?

#4316 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'm still waiting for your decals .

pm sent

1 week later
#4355 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

If i end up with this pin, I have some options for powder coating.
For the armor, either Red or black. Both look good IMO. Any other pros/cons for each?
I am having a tough time picking wireform colors if any. Possibly a teal/light blue flecked with white or some other colour to match some of the playfield. Also maybe different colors for each one
Any thoughts?

If I do mine, it'll be black armor and black wireforms

3 weeks later
#4392 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anybody know where i can get the clear plastic at the top of the mistball ramp in the shooter lane?

Fabunlimited.com

#4415 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my pinballpt inside cab decals are peeling off. installed sunday. wtf?

Was the surface clean before install? Did you smooth them out when applied?

#4424 7 years ago

Where can I get these apron cards?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#4429 7 years ago

Recently picked up a spare. Going to send it out to HSA later this year.

1 week later
#4438 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

This just in...have to wait until I get home.

Where did you get this from?

1 week later
#4448 7 years ago

Installed a color dmd (LCD) in high res setting!

#4449 7 years ago

Triple stack! 30 million!!!

1 week later
#4497 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hahaha..i have the "unload magnet error" right now too! So, I thank you guys as well. It's awesome seeing good people helping other's in need! Even if it's first world problems like a broken Dracula! Also, I just installed the color dmd last nite!! Wooot,what a beauty!

Did you get the led or lcd?

#4500 7 years ago

While we're in this subject... Are the brass stand offs supposed to be loose on the resistors?

#4502 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, they are only there as spacers for the resistors to keep them away from the PCB.

Thanks! I purchased one of these for just in case.

#4523 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I've read that people have installed the ColorDMD LCD without removing the LND flashers. For those that have done this successfully, could you enlighten me? I've read some vague comments that its possible but I'm not seeing how during my attempt at an install. Then again, I also have the color changing mod which slightly gets in the way. If anyone has some pics I would really appreciate it.

Pm sent

#4534 7 years ago

Looking to send my plastics to modfather... How does the cemetery come off the ramp? Do I need to remove the ramp to gain access from underneath?

3 weeks later
#4580 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Can a new sticker be purchased for back wood panel on BSD? See attached pic. If anyone has a link I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Craig

Pm sent

1 month later
#4681 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

anyone change the pop number caps to different colors? i was thinking of changing mine up a bit when I rebuild them and looking for suggestions.. also, is there a way to add music to the game play and have it interact with the lights. I was whooping Judas priest "love bites" and realised this pin needs a soundtrack!

I've seen purple as well. Go to the HEP site and take a look for ideas.

#4688 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No, not usually. But a faulty, dying or dead diode or resistor can.

Here's a few more of my pop rings.

I kept the pop bumpers red but added a blue led strip under the rear channel. Looks over saturated in pics but makes the ramp decals glow

#4689 6 years ago

4 weeks later
#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Alright, so what to do if the castle lock drops two balls instead of one, you've already adjusted the ramp in relation to the post and all 3 optos seem to work fine? Only other solution I've seen is to put a rubber cap on the post. It really just looks like the post is staying down too long. Maybe I'll just clean the mech and see if that helps.
Edit: Hey, look at that, it worked!

I had the same problem. The mechanism
Was cleaned but still had the same issue. Turned out to be the opto board. Works great now!
What kind of LEDs are you using? Looks nice and bright!

2 months later
#4807 6 years ago

I'm missing the black spacers in the plastic above the pop bumper. Any idea where I can pick up these little guys?

#4809 6 years ago

Thanks but these look too tall. There's barley any space between the plastic and pop bumper.

1 week later
#4826 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Does anyone have an unused set or know where i could get a set of these decals?! Thanks

Pm sent

1 week later
#4851 6 years ago

Off to ModFather so he can work his magic !

#4853 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Wow, that's some precision cutting around that blue. I wouldn't do it, but you did a nice job. :nonexistent thumbs up emoji:

Is he still clear coating these kinds of things after painting? I think they look better without the shiny clear.

He offers a clear and matte finsh. Going to go with the clear to match my coffin mod .

2 weeks later
#4888 6 years ago

Fresh off the workbench of the Modfather!
Can not say enough good things about this guy! Great communication and honored my paint requests. Can't wait to get these on my game!

2 weeks later
#4934 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You can get Joes new BSD topper from the below link.
They added it to the store today.
https://cointaker.com/products/bsd-topper

Looks great but man they are expensive !

2 weeks later
#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so officially in the club. Very nice BSD - plays very well and super clean. Only question is volume. I know this game has a volume increaser during MB and other times but my game's background music seems to be at one volume and then the call outs and especially lightning after the drain is louder. I hooked up an external sub and the bass is def there but I have to max out the volume to hear it. Is this normal? Just seems like the volume for dracs call outs are def louder.....

There's a setting for that.

1 month later
#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've only seen the alternate one. Check with Jeff at Classic Arcades. He may have a few.

That alt translite is aweful .Someone needs to come up with a better design.

1 month later
#5103 6 years ago
Quoted from PhillyBilly:

I kind of did something from similar but I put a 4inch green LED strip from comet above the graveyard.

I went with doing a blue led strip across the entire back of the game. Really brings out the blue in the ramp decals

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Old stock photo!! Haha.. missing the tombstone mod by Morpheus!

I said the same thing to myself as I was posting it. Good catch!

1 month later
#5175 6 years ago

Nice touch. Was looking for this for sometime. Thanks!

What's probably the nicest BSD on the planet just got a tad better!

3 weeks later
#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

A million thanks! Perfect.

Don't know of any other pinball site that you can get help that fast other than Pinside !

2 weeks later
#5263 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Hi friends- anyone have an extra of the purple under-village plastic in nice condition after swapping in new plastics- the one which has the round hole for the wire form? See attached. Mine is kind of toast- this is a pic from the internet.

Pm sent

1 week later
#5270 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Installing a new set of plastics on my BSD and this one was not on the machine so I don't know where it goes. Anyone know?

Just to the left of the coffin and covers one of the pop bumpers. Mine was missing as well!

#5276 5 years ago

Thoughts ?

#5279 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Is that one of the magnet covers?

No...but it should be! It's a decal. What do ya think?

#5285 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’s hard to say… But if you want me to be honest, I think it’s a little bland and could use some more color. The red Dracula writing doesn’t seem to pop like the actual apron. And I like score and instruction cards.
Do you have a shot of the entire playfield with the decal there?

Here's one with some color but I don't care for this one to much.
I have black power coated armor I have to install and I'm thinking the black will blend everything together . Now about that red armor...

#5290 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

More
I like the 2nd one better too, but throw the black lock down bar in and see how it looks with that.

The first pic actually has the black lockdown in the pic. The second one I think clashes with the pinblades.

#5299 5 years ago

Nice. Is the trim color black?

Sure hope so! Wouldn't want to ruin it with red trim!

1 week later
#5327 5 years ago

I can proudly say im the owner of the last BSD playfield done by HSA

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffdill:

Ah thanks. I've done a couple searches and seen people say it's totally fine to use, but i'll read through this guide. I don't need a deep clean, just enough to get all the dirt off.

CP 100 will give you the results your looking for. Also works well on ramps and rubbers.

1 week later
#5359 5 years ago
Quoted from erczilla:

I'm finally a real member of the club. I have been wanting this machine for years, and finally found one being restored here in Colorado Springs. They did a great job. I'm only taking a break from playing it to post about it. It will sit proudly with my Elvira machine.

Glad you found one! What was done on the restoration?

#5376 5 years ago

who wouldn't be impressed ?

2 weeks later
#5443 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

A sense of joy fills when the last broken plastic has been replaced. Of course on Drac it had to be THIS one, right? I'll give you a sense of the evil it was to swap out. Off comes the Carfax Abbey plastic, numerous posts, brackets, gate, gate power connector and the VUK wireform. Can you find the break spot on the original plastic?

It's about time!!!

#5449 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Nice, does anyone know who makes this custom Dracula model?

Good luck with that one! I originally wanted to get this mod but was late to the party. Went with brocks mod instead

1 week later
#5468 5 years ago

Anyone have a extra ramp flap? Pinbits is out of stock and they are not responding to emails ( another thread )

#5470 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Funny, that's the only one I used out of my pinbits set, too.

1 week later
#5526 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've been thinking of getting a ColorDMD for this BSD but the added price of getting a clear speaker panel makes we hesitate. At $400 whats another pound to an elephant right? Any one have one yet?

Oh yeah! Looks fantastic. I recommend the LCD version

#5565 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

okay, who's selling me their BSD? i'm running out of patience.

#5581 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Joined the club a few weeks ago, stellar game very glad I was able to find one in nice condition.
A few things I did was under the moon on the playfield blue LED gives a great effect. Moon in back board also blue LED instead of green, looks like a real moon.
Removed prototype slings and picture plastics on pop bumpers added light over top of graveyard. Went with cool white LEDs near flippers, blue at top of game and red pops and under castle.
Incandescent bulbs on Dracs tombstone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You must be the first person to remove the prototype slings !
See your BSD came with the tombstone mod which is a plus!

1 week later
#5606 5 years ago

Starting to plan out my playfield swap and am looking to replace the coil sleeves. Thought someone sold them as a kit but can't seem to find it . Anyone???

#5608 5 years ago

Thanks man! Can't believe I missed it! Going to order lots of goodies from them tonight

#5629 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

looking at a BSD and the cabinet art doesn't come the whole way to the edge of the corners. you guys have any information on why there's a difference sometimes? the guy doesn't think it was redecaled, btw.

Speaking of decals...has anyone purchased these from eBay ? Wondering about the quality.

#5646 5 years ago

LCD ! Case closed!

#5661 5 years ago

Pinsound+ installed! The remix is so nasty. Very, very creepy and dark. Just amazing in home atmosphere. I added a external sub and already upgraded my speakers. The clarity is off the charts. Well worth it.
[quoted image]

care to post a video?

1 week later
#5694 5 years ago

Thanks Jakusu. New speaker panel is awesome! I love the red "LOVE NEVER DIES". My LED strip will make it pop! LCD display is going in this week.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good choice going with the LCD. Your BSD has to be the best one on the planet now for sure! still waiting on that video

#5699 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Man, that would look great with my armor.

#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Joined the club for the second time last night
Left at 4 AM returned 11 PM
Totally worth it.
In a couple weeks it gets new decals and a black powder coat.[quoted image]

Where are you getting your decals from?

#5731 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

leave as is. i wouldn't buy a BSD that's been sharpie'd.

Yes you would!

#5743 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me where this goes?

#5756 5 years ago

Sent my BSD out today to get this guy installed

2 weeks later
#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

The pop bumper and slingshot sounds are there, but with the glass of it's a bit hard to hear. The pop bumpers have orchestral drums tuned to the music instead of the synth sounds. I made some files with the classic pop bumper sounds in stereo for someone, I will share if needed

I'd be in for one if the classic pop bumper sounds are there!

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Yes, those classic pop bumper sounds are kind of what BSD was about. BUT, they are out of tune with the soundtrack, and kind of old school compared to the new sound design.

I love the old school sound of these though. Anyway to get them in sync ?

#5865 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Not in sync, out of tune, like out of pitch. I'm a musician, so that counts a lot
Of course they could be tuned, but I like the orchestral drums better...
But hey, just ask and I will send the classic sounds to you

That would be great! How good is pinsound with the factory speakers or should I plan on upgrading those as well?

1 week later
#5872 5 years ago

Progress on my HSA playfield!

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Nice. Is that a clear coated NOS playfield or an used restored one? It looks perfect.

Thank you ! It's a restored playfield by HSA that I got off of eBay.

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Nice. Is that a clear coated NOS playfield or an used restored one? It looks perfect.

Let me revise this...it's a used playfield that I got off of eBay that I sent to HSA to restore

1 week later
#5902 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what height posts go here?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#5917 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The long one is ~82mm (~3.23") and the short one is ~28mm (~1.1"). Measured while in the machine, so likely a bit wonky (think there's a small gap at the bottom of my short one for example), but 3 1/4" and 1" may be what that translates to for post length. Hope that helps
EDIT: There's also a thin washer at the bottom of my short post (I don't see one on yours, and I'm not sure what's factory). There is no washer on my longer post. This would make the overall height of my short post about 1-1.5 or so mm higher (I initially measured from on top of the washer).

Thanks for the info! I'm having a clearance issue with the castle and main ramp. I've added a plastic protector so it may be just enough to cause a fitment concern.

#5921 5 years ago

Found this home made remedy

#5947 5 years ago

Selling my old BSD playfield. Pm with questions / offers .

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#5998 5 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Any source for quality cabinet decals? There used to be some for sale on eBay but they don't appear to be up any more. Ministry of Pinball has them but very expensive.

Pm sent

#6009 5 years ago

LCD is the way to go !

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I have a playfield to swap out with, mine has a lot of insert wear. The other option is to swap inserts and retouch the edges. Trying to decide what I want to do. Is it possible to do it in a weekend? I may run the parts through an ultrasonic cleaner but other than that wasn’t planning on doing a full refurb.

I wouldn't risk swapping inserts as I'm sure it'll be a pain and could cause damage. Besides, you've got a decent replacement playfield to make the swap

3 weeks later
#6085 5 years ago

What pinblades are you using? Can you post some better pics of them?

#6093 5 years ago

I didn't attend but this was at the Flip out 2018 show. Anyone have any info on this one? I've been looking for something different for the translite.

2 weeks later
#6129 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Where did you get those new translites? Any links?
Here some pics of my new totally upgraded Dracula. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I assume your talking about the translite from post 6093 ? I did some research and was able to reach out to the owner of that game but haven't been successful in obtaining one. At least not yet

On another note...You seriously need to get the tombstone mod on your game!

1 week later
#6143 5 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

Just got them done today I will hopefully install this evening and post pics.

Pm sent

1 month later
#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

damn you guys, getting these BSD's. where's mine?!

You sold it! Remember ???

#6229 5 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

The original question I asked was how much would a completely restored dracula bring. I have a project one and was trying to decide if it's worth it. Most people I spoke with said 4k to 4500

It's definitely worth it! With what you have listed...Id easily say your in the 5k range. IMO.

1 week later
#6248 5 years ago

1 week later
#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im IN, "welcome to the carpathians"
Almost finished restoration[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Gotta get the tombstone cover mod on there! Oh and also the upcoming alternate translite...

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from LULUFLIPS:

I'm on the fence and need some advice. I just got a BSD and I want to restore it. It has some really bad wear on the shooter lane and other places. Should I just buy the reproduction and do a swap on the playfield? Or is it worth to repair the original? I paid $2900 for it.
[quoted image]

#6287 5 years ago

I'm thinking something more like this
Stay tuned!

2 weeks later
#6313 4 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

this its cool the coolest would be that somebody photoshop out the old drac and put the red armored drac on the original translite...and would be AMAZING

Sounds like a good idea as most don't like the look of old Dracula.
Ill post pics once i get the new translite on my game.

2 weeks later
#6344 4 years ago

Here's the newest alt translite for BSD !
I'm happy to say that I was able to work with Hassanchop here on Pinside on the design ! Think it came out great! Haven't changed the colors of the LEDs yet so the colors are a bit off.

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Are these going to available?
Price?
Thanks,
RM

Pm sent

1 week later
#6358 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

wow that looks amazing! I ordered the coffin mod 2 weeks ago still haven't heard from him.

Oh here we go again!

2 weeks later
#6407 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Just got my coffin mod from Pinball customs. WOW this thing is cool. very well made. A couple questions to anybody that owns one. obviously the tombstone lights are removed,(huge improvement) did you remove the 3 light assembly and the 4 posts under the original coffin. probable dumb questions I know. Thanks in advance.

Why would you remove the tombstone?
You do have to remove the light board and not the posts. However I didn't reinstall the top screws. Gave me just a tad more clearance that I needed.

#6419 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

re attached the tombstone it looks great throws a little light on the coffin. thanks for the tip.

Ran a Comet Matrix to mine. Tombstone mod painted by Modfather

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#6426 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Does anyone know a source for the metal guides/protectors at the entry to the left ramp? I am missing both the triangle piece and the rounded end straight metal piece that sit a the entrance to the left ramp.

Good luck with that! I'm missing the smaller one on the right side. I've been searching with no luck.If I come across any ill let you know.

#6438 4 years ago

Where the heck is your tombstone mod???

#6451 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I bought my Dracula about 2 years ago, mostly for theme. It is the least played game of all the pins in my collection, both by myself and friends and family. I can't count the number of times the ball has gone SDTM or drained down the side without a single flip because of random bounces out of the pop bumpers and slings. I see people walk away in frustration and they don't come back to it.
The game is growing on me, especially after adding Pinsound, Hazzard's mix is incredible. But I can't figure out how to get the casual players to stay interested in it when cheap drains continue to happen.

You won't. BSD is not friendly for a family setting or with casual players.

#6461 4 years ago

Reposting this as I've changed out the LED colors. Stunning !

Keep your eyes peeled as someone else has been working on another design! Nice to finally have some good choices instead of the original.

#6465 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Am I the only one that actually likes the original translite?

Yes! people have always complained about it Whatever works for you is all that matters

#6503 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Some new art is available. Comes bloodied or non.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seeing how this has leaked out, this is the other artwork I was referring to in a previous post. I'll update when I recieve mine. Although I'll be using the other alt translite

#6532 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I would assume since Pinstein posted all the images that he designed the new art that looks awesome!

#6546 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered and received the cabinet decals ? Should be getting mine this week ( non bloody ). Wanted to get some opinions on the quality.

#6551 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

My apologies to all who were interested in those BSD decals I posted. Upon my final press check I am unhappy with the quality of the output and cannot offer them for sale. Sorry for the let down.

1 week later
#6568 4 years ago

Received mine today. Very nice with sharp images and crisp color saturation. Thanks!!!

Would like to see this with your decals!

#6589 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Is there more to the story that I missed?

I suppose you could read this as two separate propositions: "I am unhappy with the quality..." and "(I) cannot offer them for sale", but I think that's some pretty aggressive parsing (In all fairness, though, I used that exact same structure to get out of a lease a bunch of years ago). Is there any evidence to suggest a C&D situation?
If not, is there any possibility that an improved version could be somewhere down the road?

I'm Hoping these can still come to life in the near future. I saw a sneak peak months ago and have been patiently waiting... Only to hear the bad news

1 month later
#6676 4 years ago

Perhaps you need a refresher course !

#6686 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Looks great man. I'd love a small one to adhere to a custom launch button. I don't like the generic 'LAUNCH' text there. I might try to do something like your 3D faces, or even a large Wallachian coin to have an old textured feel to the button would be cool.
On a side note, what do you guys think of the Retro Refurbs side blades? Does the art match and mesh with the PF and elsewhere to you? Quality good? I see several have them and debating getting some myself. With $25 shipping it runs me almost to $100 for the set.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-sideblades/#iLightbox[product-gallery]/1

I can tell you that I had a set of these from Retro and they have the toughest laminate around! I liked the design but I had tilt graffixs do something semi custom for me. I ended up selling the Retros off.

#6693 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

First resin cast to clean out the mold and find out where air gets trapped, creating bubbles. This stuff cures crazy hard! The tiny teeth filled with air so I would have to fill these first, when pouring or recreate whatever won't cast, before painting.
This was the hope, to fill this void on the apron. I have to sand the back down to take off the excess plastic as this sits a bit high (tip of nose touching glass and moved the tri-head up towards the chrome bar.
Getting there slowly...[quoted image][quoted image]

Ever consider mounting this under the start button?

#6700 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Absolutely! Once I figure out what colour to best paint these, they could go anywhere

Pm sent

3 weeks later
#6772 4 years ago

Installed a shaker motor in my BSD this weekend!

#6776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

What’s the verdict? Badass??

It definitely adds a new dimension to the game! As of right now I have it enguaging on two sets of flasher settings. The kit is plug and play and adjustable. From what I understand it may have even more "settings" in the near future!

#6778 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bought one of the 2 spare aprons this guy had this morning in anticipation of joining this club one day soon.
https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/101467-Custom-Dracula-magnetic-apron
Looking forward to finding the right machine to put it on one day.[quoted image]

Here's my black version

1 week later
#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Installed my new high resolution custom decals. Back box to follow. Love the intense bood red colour and the high resolution Dracula head.

That's great but those so called protectors are going to ruin your new decals !

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks like I did from pics in my phone...[quoted image][quoted image]

Do these make that much of a difference? I had some flipper fidelitys on my funhouse and they sounded like crap.

2 weeks later
#6923 4 years ago

I have this speaker panel on my game and its impressive! I love the blood red lettering which shows up even more when lit. Buy with confidence!

What kind of lighting are you using on this panel and what are you tieing into for power ?

3 weeks later
#6969 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Hi, down loaded your track and it made great even greater!!!!
Couple of comments. Still trying to tune mine to get the Woman’s voices to be loader/clearer.
Also it seems the ten/twenty million callouts as well as making the coffin shot sounds during coffin multi ball are abnormally subdued. Am I missing something?
Thanks, the sounds in this game are very intricate. Well done!!!

Can you post a video ? I'd love to hear this in action !

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here is a link to the updated BSD Expanded Remix (v1.1). https://drive.google.com/file/d/11CQvQjoLO8Pi5enBmo9xPLwTRaPQeL7E/view?usp=sharing
If anyone wants to give it a whirl this weekend that would be great.
I made a couple tweaks to some sound levels and threw in a third Bats song. It's a variant to one of the other Bats songs. I figured that mode is triggered much more than Rats, so having a handful there was warranted, and they all fit the hectic vibe of swarming Bats.
Gameplay video of this version will be filmed tomorrow night.

Looking forward to Video footage!

#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here are a couple games with a good variety of songs and sounds with all moves activated. Fortunately/unfortunately, lightning flippers bite hard, and there's a lot of songs to unpack throughout the mix, so there is so much not heard in these videos with more to be uncovered as you dig in over and over. i tried my best to get a variety of stuff going, but this game is absolutely brutal. And I love it.
It went against my natural instincts but I allowed myself to be eaten by the wolves in video mode to show the new man-eating sound, which is all from the movie. The wolf's howl if you complete the video mode is still there like normal.
Just a reminder that having the external sub hooked up is amazing, and setting #8 in the features adjustment menu to disable the 'volume change' is another highly recommended step in my opinion.
FYI - The sound is clipping at some of the big bass parts of the videos and I didn't realize it until after posting them. Sounds epic in person.
And playing it more, I hear things I still want to tweak level wise and will continue to update the V1 as I hone that in.
Video 1: The game's sound structure has the Enter The Initials music pull from the Mist MB folder, unless it's for the grand champion initials which has it's own special song. At the end of this video you can hear one of the four mist songs really good, and then the end game music that pulled from a coffin MB folder.

Video 2: This video shows a variety of modes as well, and has the Grand Champion - Enter The Initials high score song. I withheld from putting my initials in and let the song play in full for you to hear it.

Video 3: Another game with a variety of modes activated and one of the many cool end game songs.

Very well done! Only thing I didn't like was dracs laugh upon locking coffin balls. I prefer the original sound. But that's just me. There may be a pinsound in my future

#7007 4 years ago

My LOVE NEVER DIES is looking much better these days thanks to Comets matrixs system !

#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Very nice! Details?

It's a red led strip from comet that allows you to simply plug into one of the flasher connections. It's mounted on the top of the flasher board. It's that simple !

#7013 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I wonder where they got that idea.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/37#post-1813869
Non-sarcastic reminder - theres a ton of great info in the key posts on this thread!

Hope this isn't copyrighted!

1 week later
#7027 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Haha, that was an old picture. It is all together and playing, just before Halloween with the new mix. Now it has mirror blades, those vinyl blades were a major pain, Dracula just chewed them up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can you post a better pic of your apron? Also would like to see how the LED strips look under the main ramp

1 week later
#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Installed PinSound and speakers today, davebart5’s expanded mix 1.1.
Then played a game!

Sounds like there's a improvement with dracs laugh upon coffin ball locks but, is it missing I just want to cut off her head and pull out her heart? Overall sounds great and good playing !

2 weeks later
#7084 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Pimped mine up a bit[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you cut out the windows in the village? What did you use? I've thought about doing this for a while now.

2 weeks later
#7110 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Has anyone added a universal shaker motor? If so what option did you set it too, and is it worth it. I was thinking the pinball life universal shaker, it says you can set it to up to 16 triggers.

I have one on my BSD and have it set up to enguage on only 2 settings. Love never dies flashers and when Reinfield mentions eternal life. It's a nice addition to the game!

1 week later
#7130 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Pretty amazing colors B/W with purple and red. What are you doing for the cabinet decals? Going B/W with red I presume?

I've seen a preview of this "gothic edition". Let's just say it's bad ass
Can't wait to see it all together!

1 month later
#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I will try and locate, the right part number as this is a better than new machine which was totally redone so could be a possibility

Did you recently pick this up? Maybe I missed it but would love to see some pics!

#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

sorry what black rubber post cover would that be that fits ? I would love to do this, much easier than taking apart the playfield to cut down the support post.

I wouldn't be adding or cutting down anything. I'm sure your game hasn't done this since day one so something isn't working properly. I'd be following 27 dnast advice.

1 week later
#7226 4 years ago

Tweeked the back box lighting a bit. Cointaker premium red frosted along the bottom of the battle scene

Virtuapin backbox is also on the way !

1 week later
#7229 4 years ago

Swapping in a Virtua Pin backbox !

1 week later
#7240 4 years ago

Gothic back board decal

1 week later
#7244 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What to do when stuck at home.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta ask...do I see those so called protectors under the front legs?

#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have mine all cleaned up and back together, really loving this pin.
This is how I got her:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Now she is playing great:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks much better! You really need to get the original tombstone mod on there and brocks drac mod if you can get your hands on one!
Are those new decals with the better image or the add on decals?

1 month later
#7297 3 years ago

I like the early drac mod

2 weeks later
#7312 3 years ago

Can someone post a game play video of this ?

1 week later
#7349 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

No other game like it. Simple, straightforward, unique, and difficult to achieve. Just like the timeless carnival games that keep people hooked and coming back for just one more attempt.
What you need to do is right in front of you. Not buried deep in the ladder code. But good luck. Achieving the triple stack MB is like a physical puzzle. As you navigate the shots to get all 3 MB's close to launching together, your strategy on what to shoot constantly evolves based on where the ball is on the PF (since it's a brutal game and you don't want to take too many chances) but also where you are in that physical puzzle will determine what to progress next. A lot of time it's out of your control and you're just along for the ride. The MB's do accidentally start early and some will be wasted when not paired with others. It's all part of the f*ckery of fighting the vampire of all vampires. Once you get all 3 together, it's a pure pinball rush and the call outs are epic. That's awesome to me.
Each MB's signature jackpot is fun to hit in the midst of the craziness, and has two hurry ups and a video mode. The Mist ball feature is near the top of coolest toys/shots/gimmicks. The big long left ramp up and around the entire PF is very satisfying to shoot but takes focus to repeat, and having the 3 tempting but very dangerous shortcut targets adds to it.
The theme is very well done, and combined with the brutal gameplay, it 100% portrays the dark mood. Monster/horror genre may be the best in all of pinball, and Dracula is arguably the most famous. For me, I also like the early 90's feature film nostalgia and the love story in the theme is very dark but romantic.
With or without lightning flippers it's a true skills blade sharpener and scares the best of players when selected in a tournament. Again, right on theme.
And lastly, the support is all there. Active owner's club, plenty of WPC parts, signature parts can be found, colordmd, pinsound, side blades, rad cals, alt translites, etc. etc. etc.
Pure pinball.

Well said sir !

1 month later
#7423 3 years ago

You do realize those buttons are in the wrong location?

#7429 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I did have to trim one ramp, the one that connect to the coffin lock. Definitely a bit different than the original. A coping saw worked great.

I had the same issue on mine. Shouldn't have to trim anything

1 month later
#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard666:

I have ordered and paid the coffin mod from Pinball Customs in thread #7477.
Unfortunately the last contact was on October 7th when I was informed that the order ships "this week". No further answers in spite of 2 replies on my behalf on October 12th and today. So I don't know if the packet has been sent or not. Does anybody know what's up with Brock?

Here we go again!

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Can someone please show me where this goes?!
Reassembling after a year down and I don’t want to get too far and realize I missed this.
[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Hi guys
Sometimes the ball gets stuck in the mystery hole subway. It is getting stuck at the switch in the subway!
Usually happens if the ball softly rolls into the hole from a lame shot and doesn't push the switch down.
I thought to put something in at the start of the mystery hole so when the ball enters might build enough momentum to pass the switch.
Any ideas?

Remove the metal through. I'm thinking it has become dented over the years causing the ball to sit there. That's what happened to mine. You can get a replacement or pound out the indentation.

#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Hey, all. I’m about to go through a restore and wanted to know what are the ‘must have’ mods in your opinion?
Thanks in advance.

Brocks coffin mod. He's making a few more as we speak. Just a word of advise...be patient!

#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

BSD 3-D Tombstone Cover Mod (morpheus)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover
24 inch Opto Board Replacement
https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html
BSD Ron Jeremy Dracula Replacement Mod (kpull)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-dracula-goodbye-ron
BSD Alternate Translite (pinstein)
ebay.com link » Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Alternate Translite 2choices Bloody Or Non
You will need to reach out to the Pinsiders listed in parenthesis for three of the mods listed above to see if they have any extras around or if they will offer them for sale again. I have all three of these Pinsider created mods and they are great.
The 24 inch opto board may or may not be needed on your game, but I recently installed it on my BSD and it fixed some Mist ball issues that I was having.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well said but I highly doubt he will be able to get #3 on your list. I reached out to him years ago and nothing came of it. Don't care that much for the translite but that's just me

2 months later
#7653 3 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Pleased to join the club! Bought my BSD as-is and wasn't too bad getting it up and running. Had some fun with the shop-out, ended up hand painting the molded plastics and Drac himself. Also added some light inside the coffin too, thought it looked a bit spookier.
One question I had is: how does one go about screwing the left ramp into the tall playfield post? I can't seem to figure out how to do that AND attach the cemetery to the ramp. I figured maybe it's just supposed to rest on the support rather than be screwed in but the ramp does have a hole for it. (Last pic posted)
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't had my cemetery off in a while but it's held by 2 screws. theres holes in the ramp and underside of the cemetery. Line em up and start screwing!

1 month later
#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I believe amber. Either that or orange. Definitely not yellow.
Yours definitely look faded. Here’s mine.[quoted image]

Looks like you gotta align your flippers bud

3 weeks later
#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just installed my mirrored CPR glass. This thing does look awesome!! Drac letters are nice and crisp.
(Enter red armor comments)[quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

Does anyone have a extra set or know where too buy the promo slingshot plastics . Will buy today

Pm sent

#7779 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Does anyone have a extra set or know where too buy the promo slingshot plastics . Will buy today

Pm sent

1 week later
#7823 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwikid:

Hi there has anyone remade apron decals by chance? mine are not the best

Pm sent

#7832 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwikid:

Hi there, i was hoping for replica replacement stickers, have you done those by chance? thanks

Sorry , I have not .

#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Who likes the Prototypes sling plastics?

Quoted from Gorgar666:

Who likes the Prototypes sling plastics?

These are a must have imo. I think the game looks bare without them.

#7878 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

I may finish mine tomorrow.

Do tell ...

2 weeks later
#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had such a frustrating game last night. On my first ball I managed to stack all three multiballs TWICE, and yet I failed to capitalize on either of them. Even with two extra balls, my final score barely topped a billion.

#7936 3 years ago

Cool whites.

1 week later
#7979 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Anyone know which replacement plastics to buy? If I buy from Marco, should I expect to have these oddly off-center printed plastics or are there different producers/prints?
[quoted image]

#7986 2 years ago

Nice! To be honest though, I've either thought that's how it was supposed to be or didn't notice these things.

2 weeks later
#8031 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you see the black and white one? I kinda like it. Ignore my Pingolf rules.
[quoted image]

Here's my choice...

#8032 2 years ago

Dark " Gothic " edition speaker panel

1 week later
#8040 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I got 2 questions for you folks. When I attempt to make the skill shot, the ball travelling up the shooter lane slams into the curve in an attempt to hit the target for the skill shot. When it slams into the curve though it loses the momentum and you lose the accuracy of the skill shot. How can I fix this?
The other is the plastic ramp that leads to the right in-lane has no rubber padding on the end to prevent the ball from slamming into it (repro ramps). In the past I tried to put a piece of rubber there but using a slow-mo camera it actually "bounces" the ball not perfectly straight down and it can go to the outlane. Is there a specific thickness rubber I need?

As far as your first question ... I'd start with making sure the ball eject is straight on when shooting the ball into play. Also you can tweek the ramp that leads into the skill shot. I actually left the middle screw off to give it a bit more give. I had a few issues with the repo ramps and needless to say... Not impressed.

#8061 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The game is 90% done. Will be ready to rock in a bar very soon!
[quoted image]

Hope ya got new plastics for the slings!

#8063 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's not a priority.

I guess ...

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's a commercially operated player's game on a route, lol. It's going to have the crap played out of it by a bunch of slightly drunk regulars who love having a pinball machine available at all. There's a repair budget, and there's a restoration budget. Stuff will break over the next year so replacing something minor like cosmetic plastics is pointless.

It's all good man.Just bustin your balls! Glad to see your keeping the game going!

1 week later
#8100 2 years ago

Please post !

1 week later
#8118 2 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

when you knock the ball off the magnet during mist ball is the magnet supposed to shut down? mine stays active untill it finishes its run. it has recaptured one of the balls a few times and the optos do register properly during tests.

Normal operation

2 weeks later
#8188 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Reveal not far off now
[quoted image]

Nice except those so plain looking clear posts!

3 weeks later
#8242 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Just swapped out all blue led with cool white on the GI and man I can see so much better. I'm usually one for making the game more darker but the previous went too far with it and I bought super bright. This is by far my favorite pinball machine in my collection and think it would be the last to ever leave.

Cool whites are the way to go!

#8258 2 years ago

Looks nice except for that blue GI

1 month later
#8413 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:I ordered direct from pinsound and paid $38 express shipping. $15 for files and usb stick. So the cost about evened out.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

They wanted a ridiculous PayPal fee, so I went to Kay's Arcade instead.

What were the totals shipped?

2 weeks later
#8476 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Yes, but could take up to 6 months.

People have been waiting longer than that!
I wish this had happened a while back as I bought those foggy , not fitting correctly ramps that a pinsider tried making !

1 week later
#8528 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I played a lot of wolf modes when I was doing some minor fixes in the coloring for ColorDMD. My guess is its not true but I never actually counted to see how many I did in a row. I did play a crazy amount of them when testing though.

I updated my color DMD recently and read the update but didn't really see anything noticeable. Can you elaborate ?

#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The original color was awesome. There is just so much randomness in pinball there are situations that a frame will appear white. A frame being the blink on eye. I’m just kinda OCD and once I see that uncolored frame I see it every time. I just went through and cleaned up a bunch of little issues. There was one mode when you are in castle multi ball and hit every target a carriage rolls across the screen. That scene was uncolored in certain cases. Almost all the updates were areas that are very rarely seen or transitions between modes. Another one was if you enable low volume in the menu than reduce the volume less than eight the volume control would be uncolored. The blood drip on the score display is very random so rarely with really big or really small scores and just the right drip of blood it might blink white. Entering your initials could rarely be uncolored. In general there should be no noticeable change.
I did hunt through every last nook and cranny of the display so I thought I would have found the scene if it existed.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and efforts!

#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

For those who put on the Dracula crate mod, what did you need to do to mount it? Mine is on route, so I need to know if it is something I might do in the arcade or if I need to wait until I bring it back home at some point.

The light board comes off then it just slides on. Mine didn't sit 100% flush.

#8547 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Which do you pick.
[quoted image]

Blue

#8586 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

My Drac came with standard flippers when I bought it. I watched a Bowen Kerins tutorial video on Dracula and he stated that the lightning flippers (in addition to being 1/8" shorter) make it harder to cradle and post pass. So I am reluctant to swap them out. I do like how the game plays now. Still plenty challenging! Or am I missing something?
Also, my out lanes are medium gap. I assume this was the default??

Stick with the standard if that's what you like. I have them on mine as well. I've played this game with the Lightning flippers and prefer the standard size.

#8606 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Titan Silicone is the best. It's amazing how much nicer my games play! The most important ones to add Titans too are the flippers and slings .

I actually hate those things! Too bouncy if you ask me. Picked up a Indy 500 and the previous owner had these on. Couldn't wait to get em off and go with standard white .

3 months later
#8826 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’m in da club! Such a fun game.Color DMD and speaker upgrade ordered along with side art. Must have upgrades for any pin. Out of space in the game room so she’s in the basement for now.

Did you talk with Ozzie about getting this?

#8828 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Not this title. I got it from Barry at Pocketeers. Are you the one who bought Twister from Ozzie ?

I’m not but we recently talked about that one. I played that BSD over the summer just to compare it to mine. Seemed to play well. Let me know if you have any questions or looking for parts. Maybe I can help!

#8845 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club!! Always liked playing this game at my friends. Sold 2 key games of mine to buy a different pin (Wonka and twilight) but that sadly fell through. Luckily this game came up from a fellow local pinsider I sold a game to a few years ago and now it is happily in my home for the long run. Game has just about every mod I’d put on it to include the very nice topper, the led ocd for controlled and GI which do IMOA make a nice effect, just never bought it myself, and the amazing piece of work known as pinsound. Love that addition on this game as just about every other pin it supports.
I look forward to going through this forum to see about anything else on this game I may need attention to. Everything works perfectly. Only fault I see is the Elizabeth tombstone, instructions card, and town aren’t lighting up that he installed. Maybe most likely something got disconnected in the move.
Game plays fast and fun. Wife played first game ever and got all multi balls and put up grand champ! What the heck! Beginner’s luck llol.
[quoted image]

Love that translite!

4 weeks later
#8887 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I resisted color DMD for a long time really liking the red and thinking it was fitting for the title, but finally caved and installed. Definitely a necessary upgrade.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s about time!

1 week later
#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You certainly don’t need pricy speakers like Flipper Fidelity or Pinsound. I used much cheaper Pyle replacements and my game sounds stellar.
A Polk sub adds tremendous sound, especially with direct audio cables jacked right into the Pinsound board if you have one.

Is this the same cabinet speaker? Will this bolt right in? Not looking for mega bass , mine currently sounds terrible ( on another game) so I’m just looking for a nice replacement.

CE7C6973-AD1C-4EE4-9407-E337D896A526 (resized).jpegCE7C6973-AD1C-4EE4-9407-E337D896A526 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8991 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:Drac all finished, restored sun process; hand drawn decals, custom UV playfield toys, black with fleck powder coat etc etc, nickel plated everything, oh & I just broke the centre ramp [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Saw the YouTube video on this… your game calls out , master you promised me eternal life way more than it should. Or at least compared to mine.

#8994 2 years ago

I think you quoted the wrong post ? Mine only calls out when it should, maybe it did when it was being rebuilt ? Works as it should now

This is the one for hotrodded pins on YouTube correct?

2 weeks later
#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here are some games I filmed over the weekend to show the mix in action while continuing to tweak it. Pardon the shooting. I stumbled into a triple stack on the one video, but just couldn't stick the Castle Jackpot. The new sounds there are intense. It'll be a surprise when you all get it.

Never paid too much attention to pinsound but this sounds amazing! The second video is the best imo. No sounds from the slings though? The sound of the pops is starting to grow on me . You’ve got my attention!

#9064 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks! I like video 2 as well. There’s many sounds not present in the videos, as I stacked multiple options for different actions. The more you play the more you uncover.
For Grand Champion, the song that plays during the input of your player GC initials is one of the most beautiful and unheard of in the entire package.
The art in the PF depicts Drac’s castle, so the slings represent the swooshes of spirit activity, breathing, wailing, crying, drips and drops you hear in the background as Drac/Harker move around the castle in the film. My aim was to pay homage to those trapped souls, as if they’re manipulating the ball while you’re searching the castle. It’s unorthodox from the direct reactive thuds we’re used to. Kind of has a slippery and spirit-like vibe to it. There’s about 6-8 different sounds that can activate for each sling hit.
The pops is very experimental, and toiled with the final choice. Out of everything the movie, official trailer and music score offers, it’s hard to find a sound that works for the vibe, but also isolated without any other instruments or noises layered behind it, so each hit is clean. There’s a Lullaby played on a xylophone in the movie, and I have that and an alternate version played on harp, so I decided to take the 3 darkest/lowest chords of the harp version and apply them to the pops. I was curious what people would think of that.

Pm sent

#9066 2 years ago

Where’s the best place to pick up pinsound? Should I just order directly from their site?

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Lol, I did the exact same thing. I’ve loaded Pinsound files before too, it’s really not hard, but the “buy preloaded drive” button was too easy to push with my thumb.

Does this mean the original tracks would be included as well or would I still need to download this?

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My Pinsound Plus arrived today! I chose expedited shipping and it took 2 days from France to Michigan. Super easy install. Unplug 5 or 6 connectors from sound board, remove sound board, install Pinsound board, reattach connectors, plug USB stick in, turn game on. It will tell you it’s loading and takes a few minutes the first time. I paid for the pre-loaded USB, and it automatically installed the newest mix. It included two mixes and the original package. Just push the volume down button inside the coin door to zero to hear the chimes and it changes the mix. It sounds amazing, very customizable equalizers, and my speakers are stock except for the woofer. I’m adding a Polk sub later today. Awesome job on the custom mixes! Very happy with this upgrade.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting!

2 weeks later
#9090 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Fellow Vampyre Hunters,
Linked below is the latest Pinsound mix, the Expanded Mix - Dracula V2.
Here is the Pinsound link for the new mix: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/379-bsd-expanded-mix/
Thank you for the patience. After being prompted for an update, I felt compelled to tackle my built-up list of to-do’s and ideas before re-releasing it. I’ve sifted through the movie again for a lot more call-outs, added a killer new song to Rats, and built-upon, replaced or re-cut a lot of existing sounds. Everything stems from the film and it’s official score, and I try to stay true to the movie, even if it's a struggle to find the right sound.
This mix focuses on Dracula and the concubines vs Van Helsing. From here, I will start polishing the Lucy edition, which focuses on Lucy’s terrible condition transforming into a vampire. After that, I will likely make a final update to Dracula once and for all.
What I love about the mixes is that nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, all selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle. The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines. Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits. The Right orbit and drop target is full of wolves and growls. The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are purchased, officially licensed, high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
I RECOMMEND:
- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.
- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.
- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.
- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.
- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.
[quoted image]

My pinsound arrived today ! Installation was a breeze . Question though, while the game is at idle ( on but not being played) there is a noticeable hissing sound coming from the speakers ( which are factory stock at the moment) is this normal? Also when going though the game adjustments, the sound is very low. The game volume is currently on 8.

676BC947-34C4-4354-85C1-96ACDEDC8783 (resized).jpeg676BC947-34C4-4354-85C1-96ACDEDC8783 (resized).jpeg
#9098 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Good decision. I'm about to drop a version that explores the curious case of Lucy Westenra. Just putting some finishing touches on it.
It will act as a side mission to the main mix, which is listed on Pinsound as Expanded Mix - Dracula v2. Players can go from battling Dracula and his concubines to trying to save poor Lucy's soul from ball to ball or each game. There's some crossover foundational sounds/songs between the two, but there's a lot of killer material I purposely left out of the Dracula mix as it pertains more to Lucy's plight. She'll have her own intro music and launch sounds so you can always distinguish which mix you're on, among other changes.
If I keep pushing on it, I'm hoping to have a good enough version to release in the coming days, maybe even tonight or tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Please post a video! I’m still trying to figure out this hissing noise I’m getting

1 month later
#9156 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

I'm currently doing a full restoration on my BSD and I'm hiding the carriage bolts on the cabinet under the decal. Is there any downsides to this?

Why???

4 weeks later
#9205 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone powdercoated their wire forms in this game?
I’m tossing up whether to do blood red ones or stick with stainless

Black is the way to go!

#9207 1 year ago

Yes; Black[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone did a nice job on your Ron Jeremy!
The pop number caps look good in orange as well

#9228 1 year ago

Swapped out the plastic under the village and now the mist gate is sticking in the up position. I didn’t disconnect the spring so I’m not sure why this is happening. Thoughts

#9232 1 year ago

Deadly

1CDAF12F-B0D3-45CD-A3E9-66457D2EAD0D (resized).jpeg1CDAF12F-B0D3-45CD-A3E9-66457D2EAD0D (resized).jpeg44C114F6-CE44-47AA-9AB7-22FF2E223D2B (resized).jpeg44C114F6-CE44-47AA-9AB7-22FF2E223D2B (resized).jpeg
#9234 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

mollyspub that apron is awesome! Custom painted, or a cover?

Thanks! It’s a decal that was made for me.

#9236 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It is very cool. I personally would want more bats than birds in it but that is just me.

Never really thought of that. Makes sense though

3 weeks later
#9258 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone recommend a decent Alternate Translite available for this game? I've seen a couple pics but non for sale

I had a hand in designing this one.
Available retro refurbs

1DDC0106-983A-4E98-B10B-594A1F1EEA11 (resized).jpeg1DDC0106-983A-4E98-B10B-594A1F1EEA11 (resized).jpeg

#9280 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My BSD was the same. Have a look at the metal box underneath the mystery scoop. The ball comes in so fast and hard that through the years, the metal assembly below had created a divot or low spot in the metal that could stop the ball from rolling out. A shake would free it up. I replaced this metal box when I did my playfield swap, and problem solved. Marco has them in stock. I bet that's your problem.
[quoted image]

Same here!

#9294 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Threw the Pinsound Plus sound board in my ol' BSD. Thing Rips!! I got it playing faster than a new stern

What download version is this?

1 week later
#9331 1 year ago
Quoted from s000m:

Another shot
[quoted image]

Digging those gothic ramp decals and such

#9339 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

I did the concept, design and all the funding for the initial playfield with restored by Scott. Cost me over 3k.
To see it copied more than once too, is pretty disappointing as I've had no thanks or compensation whatsoever from him and it was to be a one off. Like the T2, Monster Bash and Mad Max I did with him.
Anyway people are people.
Hats off though it looks great! I want to do another one one day but will go a better route with the playfield quality. He just uses a sticker and clears over it.
Maybe the guy who has mine now will sell it back to me!
What a game it is![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was waiting for this post

#9348 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here's a video showing the second Pinsound installment, Expanded Mix - Lucy v2, exploring the horrible condition of poor little Lucy.
This is a sample game that covered a lot of ground, although the camera angle isn't the greatest and it's mid-day. I avoided hitting the skill shot to hear as many coffin shots as possible. The credit dot is the "check under shooter ramp" switch that pops up every once in a while, so not affecting play.
This mix is meant to be paired with the Dracula version just released, Expanded Mix - Dracula v2, with the intention to flip between battling Dracula and the concubines to then racing to solve Lucy's affliction ball to ball or each game.
Lucy's mix features her own intro music, launch sounds, and mid-game phrases, so you'll always know which mix you're on when switching or prior to launching into the game. Lucy has her own video target sounds, video mode intros, a unique full coffin shot/lock/jackpot sequence, her own castle locks/jackpot sequences, and more. You'll hear less Dracula, more Lucy and the doctors racing to save her.
The coffin shots detail Lucy's experience turning into a vampire, and each shot has multiple sounds to choose from that fit the phase of transformation it represents. First shot is the episode of the werewolf attacking her. Second shot is her reacting to the attack. Third shot is her describing new sensations. Fourth shot is an outburst that is clear evidence she's different and dangerous. Final shot is the coffin opening. Ball locks, stake hits, and the jackpot are all new and all Lucy.
I should have Lucy ready for consumption any day now. Just a few more tweaks. And as usual, there so much the video doesn't show, as each action can have multiple sounds to choose from, so you'll have to explore it.

Is this still available on the pinsound site? I didn’t see it

#9350 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

In my opinion, the one done by HAZZARD is SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!
I downloaded all you could, and the Hazzard and original are Fantastic.

I’ve downloaded this one as well. There are some things I like better on each mix though.
I’d like to give the Lucy version a try

#9352 1 year ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

Anyone know of anyone who makes the decal that goes at the top of the playfield?
[quoted image]

pm sent

2 weeks later
#9386 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

This apron overlay looks badass.
Also.. I will pay $500 USD for a Coffinmod.. SOMEONE HELP PLZZZZ.
[quoted image]

It should continue on the shooter lane cover imo.

#9392 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Welcome to the curious case of Lucy Westenra... The Expanded Mix - Lucy v2.0 on Pinsound
}}}———————————>
*NOTES*
Apologies for sitting on this mix way too long. I lost momentum when other things came up and hate releasing half-baked efforts. This is still a draft. Several additions/changes still on my list, and volumes tweaked along the way, but it’s mostly there.
I want others to enjoy this mix as we enter the darker fall seasons here in the states. I’ll aim to have both Dracula v2.1 and this Lucy v2.0 polished by Halloween.
}}}———————————>
*DOWNLOADING*
Here is a Google Drive link for those who want it before Pinsound approves the upload.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QUjBUjHHsLGKVgtCY6J4pfHx1zTiDt-H/view?usp=sharing
- I'm still receiving an error message 3x in a row mid-upload, let it be, and it proceeds through as normal to the end. I asked Pinsound about it but they don't see it on their end.
This Pinsound.com file should be ready soon: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/387-the-expanded-mix-lucy/
}}}———————————>
}}}———————————>
*THE MIX*
Fellow Friends of Miss Lucy Westenra,
I present, The Expanded Mix - Lucy v2.0.
In this mix, you’ll witness the unfortunate unraveling of an innocent soul caught in the grips of a monster, as friends and family race to save her. The noises you'll hear throughout will identify and progress that situation.
You’ll experience daintier/lighter pre-launch intro songs and more sounds of Lucy before, during and after her attack, as well as Mina and the Dr's desperately trying to solve her mystery illness during play.
For example, the coffin shots reflect the series of events of… 1.) Lucy being bitten… 2.) Lucy explaining the attack… 3.) Lucy revealing weird health issues… 4.) Lucy freakishly lashing out… 5.) Lucy giving a final undeniable dangerous outburst… with the final coffin and castle jackpots being Lucy’s pivotal moments.
And more...
}}}———————————>
*THE MIXES OVERALL*
The Dracula and Lucy mixes are made from nothing other than official movie sources to capture the sounds and songs.
The mixes are to be paired together, and the player should flip between facing Dracula or Lucy, game to game, as they choose.
They share many foundational sound patterns, yet each have exclusive materials strategically placed to keep you in each adventure. The pre-launch intro music of each ball will always tell you what mix you’re on.
Nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, and selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
- The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle.
- The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines.
- Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits.
- Right orbit and drop targets are full of wolves and growls.
- The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are ethically sourced, officially licensed and high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
}}}———————————>
*RECOMMENDATIONS*
- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.
- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.
- Update your Pinsound board to the latest code available on their website
- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.
- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.
- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.

Thank you !

#9407 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Welcome to the curious case of Lucy Westenra... The Expanded Mix - Lucy v2.0 on Pinsound
}}}———————————>
*NOTES*
Apologies for sitting on this mix way too long. I lost momentum when other things came up and hate releasing half-baked efforts.
This is still a draft. Several additions/changes still on my list, and volumes tweaked along the way, but it’s mostly there.
}}}———————————>
*DOWNLOADING*
Here is a Google Drive link for those who want it before Pinsound approves the upload.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRoipMWd5gzyfwIv3C7zIWjjdF0ghq3s/view?usp=sharing
- I'm still receiving an error message 3x in a row mid-upload, let it be, and it proceeds through as normal to the end. I asked Pinsound about it but they don't see it on their end.
This Pinsound.com file should be ready soon: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/387-the-expanded-mix-lucy/
}}}———————————>
}}}———————————>
*THE MIX*
Fellow Friends of Miss Lucy,
I present, The Expanded Mix - Lucy v2.0.
In this mix, you’ll witness the unfortunate unraveling of an innocent soul caught in the grips of a monster, as friends and family race to save her. The noises you'll hear throughout will identify and progress that situation.
You’ll experience daintier/lighter pre-launch intro songs and more sounds of Lucy before, during and after her attack, as well as Mina and the Dr's desperately trying to solve her mystery illness during play.
For example, the coffin shots reflect the series of events of… 1.) Lucy being bitten… 2.) Lucy explaining the attack… 3.) Lucy revealing weird health issues… 4.) Lucy freakishly lashing out… 5.) Lucy giving a final undeniable dangerous outburst… with the final coffin and castle jackpots being Lucy’s pivotal moments.
And more...
}}}———————————>
*THE MIXES OVERALL*
The Dracula and Lucy mixes are made from nothing other than official movie sources to capture the sounds and songs.
The mixes are to be paired together, and the player should flip between facing Dracula or Lucy, game to game, as they choose.
They share many foundational sound patterns, yet each have exclusive materials strategically placed to keep you in each adventure. The pre-launch intro music of each ball will always tell you what mix you’re on.
Nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, and selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
- The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle.
- The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines.
- Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits.
- Right orbit and drop targets are full of wolves and growls.
- The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are ethically sourced, officially licensed and high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
}}}———————————>
*RECOMMENDATIONS*
- Update your Pinsound board to the latest code available on their website

Downloaded the Lucy mix. It’s awesome! Definitely recommend and adds a nice new twist to the game!

#9433 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here's gameplay footage of The Expanded Mix: Lucy v2.0 for Pinsound users.
Organized a triple stack with a Coffin Jackpot, but an extra ball reward cut short her jackpot scream, and no Castle Jackpots this game, so you'll have to discover that and other creepy things I couldn't get to. There's a lot to hear.
I purposely missed the skill shots to not progress Coffin shots that chronicle her affliction from 1.) attack 2.) her description of it 3.) her new weird feelings 4.) her lashing out 5.) her showing undeniable dangerous behavior. The opened Coffin locked balls is her walking down the crypt stairs with a baby to feed on.
The Castle Jackpot locked ball sounds are of her seducing Arthur before she gets a cross to the face. You hear one of them just before I lose the ball.
All songs/vocals/sfx are plucked from the actual movie or full music score including tracks used in the background of scenes, not just the official soundtrack. Most songs/sounds have multiple to choose from, so this is just a sample and repeats are likely coincidence.
**PLEASE NOTE**
Anyone who downloaded the mix, there is an error on the 2nd coffin shot vocal Lucy says "My soul, leave my body...", the leave my body part is missing. This is fixed and Pinsound is still approving the update. Here's the Google link if you want it now. I can also provide the updated vocal file and explain how to insert it for those who don't want to re-download everything.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRoipMWd5gzyfwIv3C7zIWjjdF0ghq3s/view?usp=sharing

Cant say enough of how good the LUCY mix is! It completely changes the feel of the game while obviously keeping the dracula theme. i played a game last night and was able to triple stack myself ! i didnt even realize the error you stated. AMAZING WORK !

#9446 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Does anyone make a decal that goes on the apron over the shooter lane?

Maybe a print shop can finish off your apron decal for the shooter lane?

1 month later
#9502 1 year ago

Hazzard will be tough to beat. I'm excited to see what you come up with! I'd keep the kettle drum pop bumper sounds.

I know what you mean about the pop bumper sounds !

1 week later
#9524 1 year ago
Quoted from LeeChaolan:

I recently turned on the attract mode sound and starting leave the game on on days I work from home. It goes through all the standard callouts from the game but after about 3 hours or so I heard one I'd never heard before. It was something like "we'll meet again my mortal friend" anyone ever heard this call out before? I haven't been able to get it to make this sound again since.

I’ve heard it but not too often.

2 weeks later
#9541 1 year ago

For what it's worth. Mine has been pretty much trouble free. You gotta get the pinsound board and run the Havoc soundtrack asap, it's very literally a game changer. Congrats!

Pinsound is a must on BSD! But I think you mean hazards mix? I’d recommend davebarts especially the Lucy version imo.

2 weeks later
#9648 1 year ago

Gothic sideblades for BSD. $100.00 shipped within the USA.

89CD5FA6-9E51-4AF8-A5F9-28E0A854A0C8 (resized).jpeg89CD5FA6-9E51-4AF8-A5F9-28E0A854A0C8 (resized).jpegE1BCCE6D-0318-4216-8678-875E1A4965EE (resized).jpegE1BCCE6D-0318-4216-8678-875E1A4965EE (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:Does this game need pinsound or no?

Hell yeah!

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I got lucky when I found mine… almost 12 years ago for $1600 (alot at the time believe or not) ZERO FADE or wear on the playfield with a full goodie bag still in the cabinet. I’ve dumped a ton of $ into it since (Pinsound, invisiglasa, CPR mirrored backglass and alt speaker panel.. spotlights, Ultra brite LEDs.. mods and still haven’t spent where these things sell for nowadays… it has true staying power.. but by itself it can be a bitch of a game to play.. I have mine all pitched like PAPA.. no front feet on any of my games and the back legs extended out and sitting on top of 1 inch sliders. They play as fast as brand new Sterns.. You really have to work to have a “good game”[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What does your pitch measure ?

1 week later
#9782 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I'm on the fence about getting the color display, is it a real wow feature?
I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. Display is almost $500 and speaker panel another $100.
Looking for everyone's opinion.

LCD is the way to go imo

#9790 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I can’t see how the lcd would fit with the flashers for love never dies below. You’d have to remove the speaker panel every time you want to access the boards. I think led is the way to go with this game, looks great!

Your correct in removing the panel but it’s no big deal. At least not to me.

2 weeks later
#9896 1 year ago

I have both. I suggest keeping both of them if possible but, if i HAD to pick one to stay, it would be BSD ( with pinsound )

1 month later
#10007 1 year ago

The light board comes out and the coffin mod sits on top. It’s not screwed down or anything. It’s not going anywhere.
You’ll get used to hitting the rat hole in time .

#10031 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I decided to redo my BSD with all blue posts and bumpers. I rebuilt the pops entirely with new translucent skirts, tops and bodies.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I had good luck removing my STTNG’s factory Mylar.. so I did it to my BSD…. Came out perfect!!! Zero damage, didn’t lose any art, didn’t pull up any ink.
It was a huge space… the cleanup is almost harder than the removal process… BUT! I soaked a paper towel in 90% alcohol… left it over the spot for about 10 mins.. and it wiped up extremely easy.. took maybe 25 minutes total time from removing Mylar to completion.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So your doing the Blue Moon conversion as it’s called.

1 week later
#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Looking for a set of head decals - let me know if you have some.

Got a set off of EBay a while back. Pretty happy with them. Worth a look .

#10065 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

all I see are full sets - automated has a set, but they say it is NOS and I don't want a set from the 90's glue is probably completely shot.

I would double check or even reach out to the seller if he just has the head decals. It’s been a few years ago that I got them so I’m not sure of the sellers name. Best of luck !

#10073 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My left entry for the ball mist gate seems to be resting in a higher position. Is this the normal resting angle pictured? When the coil fires it does move up a very minimal amount. If I change the spring then the spring falls off very easily

I’ll be interested in knowing the fix. I swapped out the plastics and now my gate sits as yours does. That pocket will actually grab the ball now if it’s close enough. The right side pocket will release the ball when this occurs.

#10076 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What am I adjusting exactly? If there is a ball in my left pocket, another ball can easily knock that one out by hitting under the gate. Also a ball can drop in there when there is no ball in that left gate

I believe it’s the coil bracket where the spring attaches to? (The pic isn’t my game)

F7455E7F-832F-496F-8C1B-157A453B9873 (resized).pngF7455E7F-832F-496F-8C1B-157A453B9873 (resized).png
1 week later
#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Anyone interested in a trade? I have the BSDRACULA 3-D Tombstone Cover Mod from Morpheus and the BSD Dracula Mod from Pinball Customs. I would trade these for the BSD LED Castle and Ruins & Elizabeta Tombstone Switch Covers from Medisinyl (seen here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread)
Anyone?[quoted image][quoted image]

Your out of your mind!

1 week later
#10123 12 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

All,
I recall reading a post where BSD owner upgraded to Pinsound system, and tried to use original speakers but they were wired in Mono and didnt work.
Not sure if we re wired or got new speakers that plug and play in stereo etc, Ill see if I can find this post.
In meantime I am considering adding Pinsound and wanted to know if everting that did:
1) did you replace the OG speakers? if so why? (I know OG has only one mid, woofer and one tweeter)
2) IF you have a shaker system too, where did you install the board and shaker itself and what trigger the shakes for your settings? Is it hard to change the shaker settings?
3) there is no issue whatsoever to using shaker system on BSD, given the magnet mist ball etc? does anyone have shaker on while mist ball is traveling/on?
4) anyone use an extrenal sub woofer box? any issues with mist ball and base/shaking etc?
5) any recommendations, tips or notes at all for BSD and pinsound upgrade?
Thanks,

Pinsound is a MUST on BSD! The factory speakers will work but the pinsound speakers sound great. Plus they are completely plug and play. No soldering.

#10130 12 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Yeah I agree about pinsound being a must on this pin, really looking forward to hearing the OG sound track on this pin. (In fact I was gonna push this upgrade & purchase to the fall but may just get in now)
...when you say OG speakers work, but new speakers are great, is there an actual difference? can you hear in stereo with OG speakers?
any comment on the shaker system?

I don’t have the shaker so no I can’t comment.
When you say OG I assume you mean the factory version?
Use the stereo wiring with any speaker you plan on using . That way it’ll be in stereo even with the factory ones. Hope that helps

#10147 12 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Having a problem with my ball launch. It appears that the ball is hitting the habit trail that holds the castle lock balls, which doesn't allow the ball to always launch to the upper playfield. Should I grind it down. Not sure how to correct this. Here is a video I uploaded.

Has your game always been like this? Did you disassemble anything? I’d check how the wireform is mounted and adjust from there.

1 week later
#10167 11 months ago
Quoted from SDM0:

Bram Stoker's look better in black or white rubber?

Personal preference but I always go with white on all my games. Looks so clean!

#10175 11 months ago
Quoted from Kringlan:

Hi i just bought a bsd as my second pin after judge dredd, original soundboard didmt work so while waiting.for parts i bought a pinsound board. Now im wondering whats the best soundfile for the game ? There a few to choose from.

I’m running Davebarts on mine. The Lucy package definitely adds a new twist to the game!

#10179 11 months ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I'm going to say something sacrilege, but I sold my loaded BSD yesterday... I will miss it dearly!
Feel good story is it went back to the original owner who sold it to me and always wanted it back. He lives a few miles away so I can always play it, and promises to give first dibs like I did for him.
I could've made some money, but sold it back for exactly what I had into it after obtaining it in Oct 2018, as that's what I think good friends do for each other. Plus I can maybe buy it back one day.
I got my hands on a fun rare game that deserves a pinsound, so I'm going to dive into that all summer.
Hope everyone enjoys The Expanded Mixes as much as I have. I may still tweak things as I have the files handy and can run over to pop into his game for testing. He's absolutely loving Lucy!

Glad to see you’re still around on here! Waiting to get the final tweeks on these great mixes!

#10193 11 months ago

Im sure those are originals. They are peeling from age and heat . Whomever at the factory just slapped them on and off it went when it was made. That’s why it looks “sloppy”.
No one makes these but new ramps all together are coming out soon!

#10201 11 months ago
Quoted from DavidWhittle81:

Plantary Pinball makes the full ramp decal kit and is currently in stock.

Didn’t know that! Nice price to!

#10216 11 months ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

I have this one. Let me know if you’re interested. It’s NOS [quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
302 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mollyspub. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=mollyspub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.