Topic Stats

• 6,824 posts
  • 570 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by hawknole
  • Topic is favorited by 220 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG
0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg
2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20190821_175912 (resized).jpg
20190819_185550 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.58.49 AM (resized).png
EBF130DD-E6C3-4E02-8A43-05EE5ABC8624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6824 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 137.
#1001 5 years ago

I need to make a left mist gate, any recommendations on wire thickness? Was going to use stainless steel rod. Thanks

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

I need to make a left mist gate, any recommendations on wire thickness? Was going to use stainless steel rod. Thanks

good luck

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-making-new-bsd-left-mist-gate

#1003 5 years ago

Joined the THIRTY MILLION club today after my first two weeks with the game. What a rush!

#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Video mode should disable during multiball - mine does. Taylor, usually, I don't get the Mist mb when that happens, and just video mode - such a bummer.
Also, yes, partnering the mist ball is another huge bummer. Sometimes you get lucky and the other one falls off when the magnet turns off, other times you gotta shake it pretty hard!

Video mode can sometimes cancel out your multiball. I don't know exactly under what circumstances. But usually if I start a mulitball, then hit the video mode at almost the exactly the same time...the game will go dark, video mode starts, and your mball is hooped. If this happens I try to quickly die in videomode haha...only happened a few times to me in about 3-4years...but it does happen

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Video mode can sometimes cancel out your multiball. I don't know exactly under what circumstances. But usually if I start a mulitball, then hit the video mode at almost the exactly the same time...the game will go dark, video mode starts, and your mball is hooped. If this happens I try to quickly die in videomode haha...only happened a few times to me in about 3-4years...but it does happen

Yeah, this sounds like exactly what happened... coffin multiball started and then video mode started almost right after. Really bummed me out. I had MIST ready to go, too... and castle locks ready.

The flippers went dead, and the multiballs drained.

#1006 5 years ago

Great job on making one.

Robert

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

I was pretty fortunate. The BSD I picked up last month had a wonky gate that I was able to repair... but when I looked in the coinbox, the OP that owned it originally had left a NOS replacement... along with a few plastics too!

This gate takes a beating and is easily bent out of alignment. Happy to have the backup!

#1008 5 years ago

I am really surprised these gates aren't reproduced.

#1009 5 years ago

I had posted this in a separate thread...but am still looking for some brainstorming. My BSD has a ghost in the machine, so to speak:

Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle, the game will start randomly (and quickly) handing out rewards (such as a coffin ramp hit, a rat hole hit, video lane hit... sometimes the dungeon (upper left scoop) hit...). Then, just as quickly as it started, it stops and the game goes back to normal play.

I've had the glass off...can't get it to recreate. Put it in switch test and banged around... nothing. I've also looked under the play field...can't seem to find any loose wires or shorts.

Anyone have any thoughts?

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had posted this in a separate thread...but am still looking for some brainstorming. My BSD has a ghost in the machine, so to speak:
Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle, the game will start randomly (and quickly) handing out rewards (such as a coffin ramp hit, a rat hole hit, video lane hit... sometimes the dungeon (upper left scoop) hit...). Then, just as quickly as it started, it stops and the game goes back to normal play.
I've had the glass off...can't get it to recreate. Put it in switch test and banged around... nothing. I've also looked under the play field...can't seem to find any loose wires or shorts.
Anyone have any thoughts?

All of those awards are opto hits, except the coffin ramp, unless it's the coffin hole opto that's causing it and the game is smart enough to detect that as a malfunctioning ramp lift and award the ramp instead of the lock.

Look into everything that controls the optos. Seems like it would be a board issue since it's not related to a single opto.

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All of those awards are opto hits, except the coffin ramp, unless it's the coffin hole opto that's causing it and the game is smart enough to detect that as a malfunctioning ramp lift and award the ramp instead of the lock.
Look into everything that controls the optos. Seems like it would be a board issue since it's not related to a single opto.

But triggered by the stand-up targets?

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle...

You didn't mention that in the other thread and that is a huge clue. See the other thread (since it's more on topic) for a possible solution.

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

You didn't mention that in the other thread and that is a huge clue. See the other thread (since it's more on topic) for a possible solution.

So it could be any one of the targets along the chain?

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle, the game will start randomly (and quickly) handing out rewards (such as a coffin ramp hit, a rat hole hit, video lane hit... sometimes the dungeon (upper left scoop) hit...).

Since it's so sporadic, I would suggest that it's not just these targets that cause the issue...these targets are probably hit more so it would seem that the issue is only with them.

Take a look at the switch matrix to get an idea of what might be the issue.

There are a lot of places where there may be a wire touching something else...playfield, harness backbox...maybe even a bad connector on the backbox.

Since you have pounded on the playfield with no results, that itself is a clue.

Robert

#1015 5 years ago

If anyone has or knows someone who has a complete NOS set of plastics, please let me know.

#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If anyone has or knows someone who has a complete NOS set of plastics, please let me know.

Same here.

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

They usually show up on eBay and go for ridiculous prices. I am hoping CPR will make a repro set.

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Joined the THIRTY MILLION club today after my first two weeks with the game. What a rush!

Just got the three modes stacked tonight. Woo hoo!

The "THIRRRRRTY MILLION" callouts were happening for a long time... it was just one of those games.

I had 65 million entering ball 3... ended up just under a bil at 992,949,180.

Bats was about 80 million, Rats was 51 million.

If I could only do that on all three balls and the extra balls

#1019 5 years ago

Hello,

i plan to make my own Inside Decals for my BSD. I changed the cabinet Decals last week (with the source grafics printed from a friend) - looks great

For the inside decals i need the grafics without the red Dracula write on it (only the blue back grafics).

Can anyone send me this grafics for making my own inside decals ?

thanks

Mike

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

I changed the cabinet Decals last week (with the source grafics printed from a friend) - looks great

i'm stoked to see that one sound great !

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Since it's so sporadic, I would suggest that it's not just these targets that cause the issue...these targets are probably hit more so it would seem that the issue is only with them.
Take a look at the switch matrix to get an idea of what might be the issue.
There are a lot of places where there may be a wire touching something else...playfield, harness backbox...maybe even a bad connector on the backbox.
Since you have pounded on the playfield with no results, that itself is a clue.
Robert

I've given the underside of the playfield a really close check...I'll revisit it and then move to the back box

#1022 5 years ago

Raven: here are 2 pictures! on from the cabinet and one from my selfmade decals for the D-R-A-C-U-L-A

The A currently won't light its not the lamp and not the connector - have to search for the problem

Mike

P1040020.jpg P1040021.jpg
#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Raven: here are 2 pictures! on from the cabinet and one from my selfmade decals for the D-R-A-C-U-L-A
The A currently won't light its not the lamp and not the connector - have to search for the problem
Mike

P1040021.jpg 122 KB

P1040020.jpg 98 KB

Check connector plate welds.
It will solve your problem.

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm willing to buy the set outright but if you're not willing to sell, I'd pay you to borrow them for a bit.

#1025 5 years ago

Bryan are you needing a set to use to create reproduction plastics from?

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Bryan are you needing a set to use to create reproduction plastics from?

One might think that but I can't say that for the record. Don't want to get in trouble.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Here it is done mostly LEDs backbox as well went with blue ,purple ,red,couple yellow fresh rubs and a good tear down cleaning well worth it plays like a new gameIMG_7462.gif

image.jpg 172 KB

image-340.jpg 174 KB

image-932.jpg 173 KB

image-997.jpg 227 KB

image-872.jpg 228 KB

image-896.jpg 190 KB

image-174.jpg 139 KB

image-336.jpg 198 KB

image-573.jpg 136 KB

Do you have a parts list of all that you used to LED your BSD? I like what you did with the LEDs.

Does anyone else have problems with their left gate. I have no problems getting the mist ball from right to left but the ball always gets caught on the gate when it goes right to left. I have been trying to tweak the actuating arm to the gate but I run into the problem with the gate being too open when it is closed or too closed when it is open. I read that some people have problems with this gate and install on a 100 uf cap on C2 of the fliptronic board and I checked my board and there is a cap there. Why did they design design this using two springs? Is this just a bad design? Is my actuator maybe crap? Do I really just need to keep tweaking the gate? It is frustrating since it works right to left 100% of the time but never left to right.

#1028 5 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Why did they design design this using two springs?

Only one spring should be connected to the wire gate. Having the correct spring installed and having it positioned properly is key. Wrong spring will never work. The correct spring installed incorrectly won't work either.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3072&picno=35880&zoom=1

Bending the bracket (actuator) or the wire gate shouldn't be needed. If you've bent either, I would suggest replacing them. The movement of that gate is very small. You can get a small amount of play from the two mounting screws for the assembly on the side rail. Use that play to adjust the height of the gate.

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from Raven2012:

i'm stoked to see that one sound great !

I see what you did there

Are you 'stoked' like Bram?

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Only one spring should be connected to the wire gate. Having the correct spring installed and having it positioned properly is key. Wrong spring will never work. The correct spring installed incorrectly won't work either.
Bending the bracket (actuator) or the wire gate shouldn't be needed. If you've bent either, I would suggest replacing them. The movement of that gate is very small. You can get a small amount of play from the two mounting screws for the assembly on the side rail. Use that play to adjust the height of the gate.

What I mean is why does this setup use 2 springs? One spring is connected to the gate and the other holds the arm to create a pivot. To me at least, one of those springs or maybe both could have been replaced with a stiff piece of wire. I am kind of questioning why springs were used here in the first place.

I also resoldered the connections thinking maybe the actuator wasn't moving the arm enough due to the connection being week.

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

What I mean is why does this setup use 2 springs? One spring is connected to the gate and the other holds the arm to create a pivot. To me at least, one of those springs or maybe both could have been replaced with a stiff piece of wire. I am kind of questioning why springs were used here in the first place.

That type of mechanism has been used in pinball for over 80 years now. If you have a better idea, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear it. It's simple, and it works (assuming you don't bend anything). Neither of my gates have ever had issues.

Are you suggesting some sort of torsion spring (wire)? I'm having a hard time picturing what you're suggesting.

Quoted from Prefect:

I also resoldered the connections thinking maybe the actuator wasn't moving the arm enough due to the connection being week.

If you bent the part that moves the spring, you should get a new one. If you have the correct springs and haven't bent the wire gate, that should fix it.

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Mike

P1040021.jpg 122 KB

P1040020.jpg 98 KB

Nice !! I hope you find the problem.. and change the white flipper buttons back to original red looks better i'll post pics of my cabinet soon she's almost done... like new !!

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Does anyone else have problems with their left gate.

If the wire gate itself is not original, make sure it wasn't replaced with something that has become magnetized.

#1034 5 years ago

I found the Problem with "A" from Dracula, now it works fine this week i will get my new order with much blue and red LED's and the right flipper buttons. I want to complete the playfield with red and blue lights.

Also i am thinking about to change the flipper fingers to metallic blue ones. what do you think about this ?

After complete the lights i will post a new picture for you.

incidentally i get ready my playboy pin

Mike

#1035 5 years ago

I have been looking for a BSD myself ,if anyone knows of one for sale. I am in Mo

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm willing to buy the set outright but if you're not willing to sell, I'd pay you to borrow them for a bit.

I have a set, not sure if it's complete, since I haven't seen it for about 2 years. Not planning on selling it, but could loan it or scan the pieces for someone.

Robert

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If the wire gate itself is not original, make sure it wasn't replaced with something that has become magnetized.

Quoted from phishrace:

I got it working now. I bent the hook in that holds the lever the magnet pulls in a little bit. I am guessing that the magnet has weakened some and was having difficulty pulling the lever in. I was trying to compensate for this by bending the actuator arm instead of fixing why the magnet was having problems pulling the actuator arm. Now the game works 100%.

I am still looking where the pinball dispenses espressos, though. Every time I start mist mode, I can hear it making this lovely drink. Where it goes is still a MISTery to me.

#1038 5 years ago

From this to this in a afternoon. It was really dirty. But is cleaning up very nice.P1090883.JPGP1090531.JPGP1100059.JPGP1100069.JPGP1100070.JPGP1100055.JPGP1100055.JPG

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

From this to this in a afternoon. It was really dirty. But is cleaning up very nice.

When I got my BSD, it was really dirty. When I took it apart I also had to replace some stuff and fix other stuff, so I had parts spread out in the family room for about a month.

I'll never do that again.

Even though I had piles in different areas of the family room, trying to keep some order to the eventual reassembly, I still put things together and had to take them apart, because I did it incorrectly.

The game has been remarkably reliable over time.

Robert

#1040 5 years ago

I took about 100 pictures to make sure everything goes back in the right place. I pushed it into our office so I can lock the door so the kids don't mess with anything. I placed an order/orders before hand for all the parts and leds I needed so I can disassemble clean polish and reassemble in the next couple of days. Lots of parts everywhere but pictures are worth a 300000 MiilllIiioon when putting back together.

#1041 5 years ago

I got a question, if you guys put new rails, legs & lockbar on your machine and want it to be red are you gonna paint them or powdercoat ?

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from Raven2012:

I got a question, if you guys put new rails, legs & lockbar on your machine and want it to be red are you gonna paint them or powdercoat ?

powdercoat is ultimately going to be more durable

#1043 5 years ago

Anyone else have metal playfield side rails on their game? The BSD I'm restoring is the second one I've seen with them.

The third and fourth pic show the NOS playfield that will be going in my game. It had wood ones on it so I made new ones and installed them not knowing my game had metal ones. The wood ones will be replaced.

I've restored a number of WH2O's and only had one that had the metal ones.

008-793.JPG 009-562.JPG 010-455.JPG 011-884.JPG
#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Anyone else have metal playfield side rails on their game? The BSD I'm restoring is the second one I've seen with them.
The third and fourth pic show the NOS playfield that will be going in my game. It had wood ones on it so I made new ones and installed them not knowing my game had metal ones. The wood ones will be replaced.
I've restored a number of WH2O's and only had one that had the metal ones.

Hm, mine are metal. Had no idea there were wood ones.

#1045 5 years ago

Mine are metal and I too have never seen wood ones for that game.

#1046 5 years ago

Mine are metal and look identical to the 1st picture. Also I swapped the playfield recently to another populated one, and both had the same metal rails.

#1047 5 years ago

Mine are metal as well.

#1048 5 years ago

Metal here too. There is a crap load of coils and mechs on BSD so they probably figured a little more strength wouldn't hurt

#1049 5 years ago

Damn!! Looks like my wood ones will have to stay. The mounting holes are different for the metal ones.

#1050 5 years ago

This isn't an LS vs SP playfield thing, is it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 6824 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside