Topic Stats

• 6,930 posts
  • 574 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

81187B63-C0AF-4214-BEF9-DB5726F9AAF0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpg
bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6930 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 139.
#101 6 years ago

Looking good around here- keep submitting pics of your machines! The different styles are cool

#102 6 years ago

Painted Flippers

BSD_PHOTO_FLIPPERS.JPG

#103 6 years ago

Yeah I'm part of the club. Painted lightning flippers and added a spotlight to the graveyard and a spotlight to shine red on the coffin. Also added the illuminated instruction cards and all leds except the flashers.

IMG_20121117_043722.jpg IMG_20121117_043741.jpg

#105 6 years ago

Bah, I can't get them rotated

#106 6 years ago

How did you do the illuminated instruction cards?

#107 6 years ago

I love my BSD. I dont think it will ever leave.

20120826_173144.jpg 20120826_173422.jpg 20120826_173218.jpg

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How did you do the illuminated instruction cards?

Bought the kits from pinballcenter.eu then you have to wire into a 12 volt source.

#109 6 years ago

Another shot showing how nice the spotlight works on the graveyard.

IMG_20121117_125006.jpg

#110 6 years ago

Kcpinballfan - that's awesome! Is there any chance in the world that you'd explain in detail how you wired and mounted those spots? Like, what did you splice into, etc.

I'm fairly new to all of this. Have a BSD and a HUO TSPP.

Thanks in advance!

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

Kcpinballfan - that's awesome! Is there any chance in the world that you'd explain in detail how you wired and mounted those spots? Like, what did you splice into, etc.
I'm fairly new to all of this. Have a BSD and a HUO TSPP.
Thanks in advance!

I'll answer for him as I've added a few to other games, it's pretty easy you simply tap into one of the GI sockets and add the spot light. Or if you wanted it to come on at certain times and not be on all the time, then tap into whatever source you want to match. The spotlights are pretty cheap from pinball life.

#112 6 years ago

I would love to add a spot on the graveyard too. What color bulb did u use to get that eerie look?

#113 6 years ago

These might look good.

15032_mi.jpg

#114 6 years ago

Can I join the club? see: Dracula is in the gameroom ...for proof of ownership

#115 6 years ago

castle lock question... when I get castle lock it lets the ball go back into the launch trough... and it also launches a second ball into the launch trough, so I have 2 balls waiting to launch... is that right or is it supposed to hold them for a multi ball? the coffin lock logs the ball and lets it back onto the playfield, but a second ball never enters the launch area... that seems correct... I think someting is up with castle lock... any ideas? thanks Jeff

#116 6 years ago

I'll have to check the coil... it looks like when the ball goes into castle it rolls right over the lock (the ball pushes the rod down and the ball falls into the launch area)

#117 6 years ago

If anyone can answer this question . . . please . . .

There is a plastic insert on the back plate of mine (right below the DMD) and it flashes green. Don't know if that is the original color or not. This color seems to not go along with the rest of the color scheme. Is it supposed to be green? And what is its significance? It flashes a LOT. Is it part of the game?

Thanks,
Mike

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from 7craig7:

I would love to add a spot on the graveyard too. What color bulb did u use to get that eerie look?

I used purple led on the graveyard and red facing the coffin. Bought the stern spotlights from pinball life and bought a threaded post to mount it for the graveyard and screws all from pinball life. Connected through the general illumination. Just solder it to one of the other lights. Very easy.

All my general illumination is purple leds from cointaker, and the lower playfield is blue, around the pops and the coffin are red, premiums I believe they haven't lasted very long at all and I've been less than impressed with cointaker leds. Don't get me wrong they look beautiful but at around a buck and a half a pop these things should last a long time. I was always under the impression leds last a very long time. The ones on acdc failed and atleast 6 on bsd have failed and I have only had them in a few months. I have incandescents in 3 other pins that have lasted years.

I may just buy all my leds from pinballlife from now on.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

These might look good.

Those are the ones I have on mine and painted the lightning bolts the same blue color that's on the playfield. They have held up and seem to be strong, I know some were having problems with another brand.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

There is a plastic insert on the back plate of mine (right below the DMD) and it flashes green. Don't know if that is the original color or not. This color seems to not go along with the rest of the color scheme. Is it supposed to be green? And what is its significance? It flashes a LOT. Is it part of the game?

Thanks,
Mike

mine is green... just got the game so I don't know what it's for but when I find out I'll let you know... let me look in the book maybe it says something about it.... okay it says it's for L Ramp diverted.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

castle lock question... when I get castle lock it lets the ball go back into the launch trough... and it also launches a second ball into the launch trough, so I have 2 balls waiting to launch... is that right or is it supposed to hold them for a multi ball?

When I get a castle lock, the lock area holds onto it. That's the way I remember every BSD I've played behaving. The only time the ball rolls thru the castle area and back into the shooter lane is when the diverter is active for the "BATS" reward/mode, which at (3) loops.

#122 6 years ago

Mine is green as well, it appears to me as if you follow the graphic, it's maybe the moon in the sky and green representing the mist, who knows but it really doesn't seem to have a rhime or reason to it's flashing, looks to me to flash at the same time as Dracula two headstone lights, well in attract mode anyway.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

When I get a castle lock, the lock area holds onto it. That's the way I remember every BSD I've played behaving. The only time the ball rolls thru the castle area and back into the shooter lane is when the diverter is active for the "BATS" reward/mode, which at (3) loops.

+1

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Thanks,Mike

This insert looks like a moon with clouds around it, so you'd expect it to be a different color than green, but it's green, LOL. When it's lit solid it signifies that the diverter is active and ready to divert a ball from the top of the loop to the castle lock area. This happens for the "BATS" reward/mode, and when the castle lock is available to lock a ball. For the castle lock, sometimes it's on a timer, so if you don't lock a ball in time, it may go out. However, it will come back on later if you hit the castle lock activation targets. It also blinks and flashes along with the insert light shows during the game.

#125 6 years ago

That green moon insert looks great when you throw a blue led in there instead of a green, it lights up blue and looks like a better fit IMO, not to mention I've heard of a blue moon but not a green one. lol

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

That green moon insert looks great when you throw a blue led in there instead of a green, it lights up blue and looks like a better fit IMO, not to mention I've heard of a blue moon but not a green one. lol

Hey, cool idea! I'll have to try that when I get home from work. Yeah, uhhhh... I'm looking at Pinside at work. it's uhhh.. breaktime though, yeah, breaktime.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey, cool idea! I'll have to try that when I get home from work. Yeah, uhhhh... I'm looking at Pinside at work. it's uhhh.. breaktime though, yeah, breaktime.

Hey your working on a Sunday so it's all good!

#128 6 years ago

Apollo, Doot, Death, Rum . . .

Thanks all for chipping in and making comments concerning my 'green circle' in the back. I'm mostly grateful that you all didn't ridicule me for my ignorance!

I think I'm going to be changing to blue or purple back there soon. Green seems to stand out like a sore thumb! Maybe the game designers WANTED it to be that way so as to attract attention of the player so they would know what the game was doing. Problem is, whatever it is doing, it seems to have no bearing on what I'M doing during a game! )

#129 6 years ago

Yeah it works good to let you know the castle lock is active but works just as good with a blue not green. I actually messed around with a few colors and if I recall purple wasn't strong enough to change the color much from green and when I threw a blue in there it not only changed it but looked the best too.

#130 6 years ago

Thanks going out to KCPinballfan for the idea of the spotlight on the graveyard. I had some free time this morning before everyone woke up so I removed my ramp and added a spotlight like he had and it looks great. I went with a blue led as I didn't have a bright enough purple to get much light there and I really like how it looks.

#131 6 years ago

figured out my castle lock problem... the shaft that sticks up to block the ball from going into the launch lane was fine... the coil was actuating fine, opto's all registered good... I put a rubber cap on the top of the rod... problem solved.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

figured out my castle lock problem... the shaft that sticks up to block the ball from going into the launch lane was fine... the coil was actuating fine, opto's all registered good... I put a rubber cap on the top of the rod... problem solved.

Hey apollo....I had this issue as well and figured out that my CASTLE LOCK RAMP wasn't aligned properly with that diverter rod. I didn't realize that the ramp could be adjusted to line up with that rod. It was as easy as 1,2,3......lickity splits! You shouldnt have to stick a piece of rubber on there like that?? Give it a try....you will just have to remove the castle plastic and loosen that bolt....adjust....done.

#133 6 years ago

Cool... I did that as well and now the rod is right in the middle of the ramp... thanks for that

#134 6 years ago

COOL! Glad to be of some help

#135 6 years ago

the green insert in the back lights when you are going to start bats on the next ramp shot or if castle lock is lit...

#136 6 years ago

Guys if you want to put the LED color changing behind your "LOVE NEVER DIES", these work really well there, you can power it right off you WPC Powerboard test points.

ebay.com link

Mike

#137 6 years ago

I currently have 2 BSD. Lookin to trade one. PM me if interested.

#138 6 years ago

Here is my Dracula page. Lots of pictures and a few details on restoration.

http://www.pincrush.com/dracula-blue-moon-conversion.html

#139 6 years ago

I received a number of requests for more details on the cabinet restore. I figured I might as well add the info to the site rather than send a bunch of emails. The same link is now updated with a Cabinet Restore section.

Hope this helps.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Guys if you want to put the LED color changing behind your "LOVE NEVER DIES", these work really well there, you can power it right off you WPC Powerboard test points.

Mike

ebay.com link

Here is this LED mod installed. It's a great effect but the camera or (iphone) didn't capture it to well but it gives you an idea.

#141 6 years ago

Been playing mine again. For me this is the best bang for buck pin period. In the dark it just looks so good and it is so addictive trying to get the 3 multi balls. Prefer it to most of the top 10 pins!

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Thanks going out to KCPinballfan for the idea of the spotlight on the graveyard. I had some free time this morning before everyone woke up so I removed my ramp and added a spotlight like he had and it looks great. I went with a blue led as I didn't have a bright enough purple to get much light there and I really like how it looks.

Oh no problem, glad I could help

#143 6 years ago

BSD was my first machine and I can't see it going anywhere. I have owned it for about 6 years and it still regularly kicks my butt.

Does anyone have the problem of the ball jumping or skipping up the left ramp? At least 50% of the time the ball jumps so that it either bounces back down the ramp, ends up in the graveyard or travels too quick for the castle lock and falls off the metal ramp.

I do have a stealth mylar patch over the insert in front of the kickout at the entrance to the ramp because I started getting a bit of wear on that insert. In saying that though, I had the same problem before the mylar.

I could always de-tune the right hand flipper which I don't really want to do. Has anyone else ever had the same problem and come with with a fix for it?

#144 6 years ago

BSD was my first machine and I can't see it going anywhere. I have owned it for about 6 years and it still regularly kicks my butt.

Thank goodness... I've only had mine for a week and thought it was me lol
I'm thinking about making a wireform loop or something to keep the ball from falling off...
I actually, in the whole week I've had it, and it pains me too say this... I formed / wrapped a coat hanger around it to save the ball from falling off

100_5417.jpg

#145 6 years ago

Not sure if this will fix the issue you guys are having with your ball falling off that wire ramp but mine did this after I had removed the ramp to do some work but it hadn't before that. I found that it was misaligned. Basically I had aligned it so the stud for the ball lock was in the middle of it and tightened everything down and the ball would fall off more times than not. But when I loosened the two mounting nuts for it and tightened them down where the ramp basically aligned itself to, its been fine ever since.

#146 6 years ago

when I picked this game up and got it home, I had an issue with the ball falling out of the catle lock... right at the end, at the optos... so I adjusted the wireform so the post was in the center... then noticed it would jump the wireform, so I wrapped it ... maybe I'll try that and see what happens... I wasn't going to leave it like it is, but it lets me play for now... I have rubbers, and a flipper rebuild kit coming so I may do this when I redo some other things... thanks for the info

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Not sure if this will fix the issue you guys are having with your ball falling off that wire ramp but mine did this after I had removed the ramp to do some work but it hadn't before that. I found that it was misaligned. Basically I had aligned it so the stud for the ball lock was in the middle of it and tightened everything down and the ball would fall off more times than not. But when I loosened the two mounting nuts for it and tightened them down where the ramp basically aligned itself to, its been fine ever since.

that worked... goodbye wireform mod ... I found that the one by the 3 stand up targets is the key, I moved that section of the ramp all the way to the left and that took care of it. thanks for the tip... thumbs up

#148 6 years ago

Thanks I will have a tinker with my machine and see how it goes.

#149 6 years ago

I have owned my Drac for about 8 years now. Bought it at a general auction in a pretty bad way and fixed 1000 things. It is a stayer that's for sure. When I had trouble with the mist multi-ball "24 inch opto board" (the manual incorrectly calls it "24 opto") I redesigned the circuit and this new board has kept many Dracula owners happy.

http://www.homepin.com/bsd.html

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

that worked... goodbye wireform mod ... I found that the one by the 3 stand up targets is the key, I moved that section of the ramp all the way to the left and that took care of it. thanks for the tip... thumbs up

Glad to hear it helped!

Quoted from Homepin:

I have owned my Drac for about 8 years now. Bought it at a general auction in a pretty bad way and fixed 1000 things. It is a stayer that's for sure. When I had trouble with the mist multi-ball "24 inch opto board" (the manual incorrectly calls it "24 opto") I redesigned the circuit and this new board has kept many Dracula owners happy.
http://www.homepin.com/bsd.html

Yep mine actually has one of your board in it right now as my machine was robbed of all the mist parts at one time and was pieced back together and just finished up in the last month. So a big thanks from me as this game would have been possibly parted out like others have been already.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Sunset, SC
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6930 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside