Topic Stats

• 6,844 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by BioBa
  • Topic is favorited by 220 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190921_225852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190921_225846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190921_225832 (resized).jpg
images (15) (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpg
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpg
fzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpg
54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif
IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6844 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 137.
#151 6 years ago

This thread inspired me to play some BSD tonight..first game, 2.8 billion on first ball! Got to Thirtyyyyyy million twice on the first ball...then choked the rest pretty much haha..

3 balls, factory settings, but standard size flips..

bsd.JPG

#152 6 years ago

Sweet Jesus. My HS is like 809K or something. Damn.

#153 6 years ago

I've gotten high 2bill a bunch of times, I think this is the first time I cracked 3 though..what a game

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

This thread inspired me to play some BSD tonight..first game, 2.8 billion on first ball! Got to Thirtyyyyyy million twice on the first ball...then choked the rest pretty much haha..
3 balls, factory settings, but standard size flips..

Fantastic game but you gotta go lightning

Just put red on mine........doubt if I will ever get to a billion but what a rush this pin is. As good as any of the A titles. Prefer it to MM by a mile.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

We don't cry, more of a wince. Not sure how it gives you better gameplay unless you mean it makes it easier.

There's a fine line between easier and less frustrating

Apparently, Lightening flippers were an idea by a significant French operator/customer guy to reduce play time and increase profits... He then got Bally/Williams to implement them as standard, which they did to a handful of games... It's arguable that the gameplay itself wasn't tuned to the flipper bat size, and by reverting to the 'normal' flipper bat size you're merely allowing yourself to have a longer more rewarding game...

If you crave a true challenge, however, you can go one step further and put 2" flippers in there

#156 6 years ago

I always get a ton of really low scores and every now and then a really good game that is such a rush.

I have noticed when I get a good score I get a bat bounce of 50,000,000 at end of ball.......no idea why and how?!

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I always get a ton of really low scores and every now and then a really good game that is such a rush.
I have noticed when I get a good score I get a bat bounce of 50,000,000 at end of ball.......no idea why and how?!

You started bats and killed them off fast enough that the bat bonus was at its max. To start Bats you shoot the left ramp I think 3 times then you hit as many switches as fast as you can till all the bats are killed. Usually a shot to the pop bumpers is your best bet. If you started bats on your first ball and you finish the mode whatever that bonus is is carried over to every ball at the end of ball bonuses. You'll really get a lot of points if you can start bats twice in a few all preferably your first ball.

#158 6 years ago

I'm sure most of you folks may have already seen this, but for those who haven't yet it's a good watch.

#159 6 years ago

Fantastic game but you gotta go lightning

Just put red on mine........doubt if I will ever get to a billion but what a rush this pin is. As good as any of the A titles. Prefer it to MM by a mile.

I hit a billion the first day I had the game... after that, I've only been in the high 5's... beginners luck I guess most games I only get a couple hundred million

#161 6 years ago

If you buy from here you might wanna pick up a couple pairs of the red lightning flippers since they have them.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

You started bats and killed them off fast enough that the bat bonus was at its max. To start Bats you shoot the left ramp I think 3 times then you hit as many switches as fast as you can till all the bats are killed. Usually a shot to the pop bumpers is your best bet. If you started bats on your first ball and you finish the mode whatever that bonus is is carried over to every ball at the end of ball bonuses. You'll really get a lot of points if you can start bats twice in a few all preferably your first ball.

Thanks for this. This really starts making a difference

#163 6 years ago

Thanks for this. This really starts making a difference

No problem, glad I could help. Rats is similar btw but not as much points but if you can start them both you will get a bunch of points.

#164 6 years ago

Anyone else have the annoying skill shot problem where the ball rarely hits the back drop target? The plunge seems to have enough kick during an autofire but not at the start of a ball... Maybe the gate before that area needs some lube. I wanted to make sure this isn't normal before I took off the ramps. Thanks!

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Anyone else have the annoying skill shot problem where the ball rarely hits the back drop target? The plunge seems to have enough kick during an autofire but not at the start of a ball... Maybe the gate before that area needs some lube. I wanted to make sure this isn't normal before I took off the ramps. Thanks!

Hmm mine seems to work fine. You might check the coils to see if it's a little loose.

#166 6 years ago

Mine never has a problem with the skill shot. Make sure the ball is getting struck dead center too..

#167 6 years ago

3Billion+ club, no extra balls, tournament mode - hard settings

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Am I the only one that really dislikes these things?

Nope, they are hideous...

#170 6 years ago

I Should be Post-n more on this Thread ,but i've been busy w/ other Pin's and etc ... have any of Ya'll changed side-rail's yet .. I waited 2yrs and 1 Broken p/f glass to finally change mine .. Some heat and a Putty knife and Waa Laa !! New Guides and Fresh rail's ..

I'd Like to get My 40 lb box of BSD Part's and lay them out like a Buffet and show what I have ..

BSD_Glass_broke.jpg BSD_Side-rails.jpg BSD_Side-rails_.jpg BSD_Side-rails_.jpg BSD_Side-rails__.jpg BSD_Side-rails__.jpg

#171 6 years ago

ACK! What in the hell happened to yer machine?

#172 6 years ago

lOOk at Pict- # 2 above ,, I was gonna Rob- an Led from BSD and put it in Secret Service , I was pull-n the glass out , i had it 3/4's the way out and BOOM !! It Blew up and went Everywhere !!

I even found pieces in the p/f of Secret Service .. My wife heard it from the other end of the house .. Yes ,, What a mess !!! Broom then Shop vac- Tyme .. Then another 15 mth's went by and I got a Wild hair up my AZZ to replace them .. 20 minute job --- My 1st Rail Job !!

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Ninefingers.....mine had this issue. Sometimes the ball would barely make it up the ramp, drop down, and not even get to the upper in lanes. I tried everything......novused the ramps, replaced t
he shooter rod, rubber, and sleeve....but it still wouldn't function properly 100% of the time. What worked was there is a small plastic square right above the beginning of the plastic lane guide (as soon as it gets off the metal ramp) that's screwed into the ramp....I'm not sure what it even protects but my ball was hitting this off the metal ramp and slowing the ball down tremendously. I removed it and voila....haven't missed a skill shot since! I'm not sure if this will work for you....but it did for me so I'm sharing

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I removed it and voila....haven't missed a skill shot since!

Thanks! I'm going to look into this later!

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

...I was pull-n the glass out , i had it 3/4's the way out and BOOM !! It Blew up and went Everywhere !!

Oh, man...that sucks.

I've had a corner break off a playfield glass before as I removing it, but never had one explode.

It's only a matter of time, though, I'm sure.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I've had a corner break off a playfield glass before as I removing it, but never had one explode.

It's only a matter of time, though, I'm sure.

I've had two explode, but luckily never while in a game... they're incredible, the slightest rub on the wrong surface, and BANG, like a shotgun going off... Never rest them on concrete or a ceramic tiled floor!!

Quoted from fusion301:

3Billion+ club, no extra balls, tournament mode - hard settings []

Lightening flippers or standard??

#177 6 years ago

If anyone is looking to upgrade their BSD sound system, Flipper Fidelity has these sound kits back in stock. Price is 152.00 with shipping included within the US.

The website shows out of stock, but they have them, Mike just didn't update the site yet I guess.

http://flipperfidelity.com/products.php?cat=Williams/Bally Speaker Systems&itemId=11

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

You can get to the drop target from under the PF.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Try cleaning the coil and replacing the coil tubing. The part number is 03-7066.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#180 6 years ago

just found this "Black_Rose" gameroom garage pinball topper mod on ebay if anyone is interested

ebay.com link » Draculas Pub Blood Pints Here Wall Sign Light Bar Tavern 14 Halloween New

#181 6 years ago

Love the increasing levels of sound!!!

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Am I the only one that really dislikes these things?

Maybe?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If your handy, you can make one from very thick lexan or a thin piece of plexi glass just need to rivet the flap back on.

Thanks, I'll given it a try!

#184 6 years ago

If your handy, you can make one from very thick lexan or a thin piece of plexi glass just need to rivet the flap back on.

Thanks, I'll given it a try!

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Lightening flippers or standard??

Lightening Flippers!! Trying to break 4 billion, just cant seem to do it with extra balls turned off.
Also have the video mode on the hardest setting.

#186 6 years ago

I'm sure most of you folks may have already seen this, but for those who haven't yet it's a good watch.
ยป YouTube video

Thanks for putting up this YouTube worth a watch, even my wife said it was good too. She has 2 left hands with 4 thumbs on each when it come to playing Pinball

#187 6 years ago

SOOOO psyched to finally join the club Picked mine up yesterday. I have sorted out an opto issue and ordered the whole shebang of cointaker l.e.d's. I want the standup targets decals next. LOVE this game!
I am so far unable to find anyone with plastic protectors in stock, and also wondered if there are center apron decals available. I take it there aren't enough bsd games around to warrant making reproduction plastics??

#188 6 years ago

And any thoughts on differences between SP ( sun process ) and LS ( lenc smith ) playfields?? LS are supposed to have less planking??
And differences in decals? Some seem completely flat but mine looked like screen printed. So presume there are differences??

Which playfield is best? Can you get decals, if so where?

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

SOOOO psyched to finally join the club Picked mine up yesterday. I have sorted out an opto issue and ordered the whole shebang of cointaker l.e.d's. I want the standup targets decals next. LOVE this game!
I am so far unable to find anyone with plastic protectors in stock, and also wondered if there are center apron decals available. I take it there aren't enough bsd games around to warrant making reproduction plastics??

Got mine yesterday too.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Which playfield is best? Can you get decals, if so where?

Sun process is suppose to be better, from what i have read. Not as many problems with planking.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

And any thoughts on differences between SP ( sun process ) and LS ( lenc smith ) playfields?? LS are supposed to have less planking

I have a LS playfield with over 55k games (theres a counter in the cab!) and the only playfield wear I had was in the upper right orbit where the ball hits after the plunge.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I have a LS playfield with over 55k games (theres a counter in the cab!) and the only playfield wear I had was in the upper right orbit where the ball hits after the plunge.

55000 games - that is insane!!!!!!

#193 6 years ago

I know guys have higher scores but my game plays brutally so worth the mention IMO. It was also done without stacking all three MBs.

image.jpg

#194 6 years ago

55000 games - that is insane!!!!!!

I'm going to post a picture of this "counter" that's inside the cabinet- I've never seen anything like this before.

#195 6 years ago

Counters are often found on reimport games. My reimported Dr. Who had one.

#196 6 years ago

Can you tell the production number by looking at manufacture sticker? From what pinside says there was only 6800 of these made. When u look at my serial number I thought the production number might be the last four digits of the serial number but that wouldt make sense cause mine says 8162 as last four digits..

IMG_2967.JPG

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Good to hear. So that means I get to keep mine! No more pressure to sell.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

LOL! Yes, I will leave you alone now and I can see why you don't want to sell

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I'm ready now that he got his keep it in NJ

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Can you tell the production number by looking at manufacture sticker? From what pinside says there was only 6800 of these made. When u look at my serial number I thought the production number might be the last four digits of the serial number but that wouldt make sense cause mine says 8162 as last four digits..

Most manufacturers didn't necessarily start their production run with #1. Some manufacturers supposedly started at 1001 but that has also been disproved in recent years. Unfortunately, due to the highly competitive nature of the industry, it was common to skip ahead in serial numbering schemes in order to confuse the issue of how many games were being produced. There were probably many other financial reasons that serial numbers were not sequential as well. Some manufacturers, specifically Williams and Gottlieb, used the same serial number sequence for all their games. Found this so i'm guessing that they did not start with one, and they also may skip numbers. Interested in what others might say.
Internet pinball serial number database, http://www.ipsnd.net/ Interesting website you can register your serial number. They have 128 serial numbers registered for this game. So you can look at the data.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Trade
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
There are 6844 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside