Topic Stats

• 7,006 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 141.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Wow, that looks pretty interesting. Did you just mount the strip inside? Pretty nice effect.
Keith

The graveyard is a big hunk of hollow plastic, with just one hole in the bottom. It was quite fun routing the LED strip inside, especially since the LED strip had adhesive on it lol! Bit of a pain, but it was worth it IMO. Thanks!

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I ordered a green LED strip from Pinballbulbs and was pretty happy with the results.

image.jpg 168 KB

Wow looks fantastic! i have my BSD apart at the moment and i would like to do this. Do you have any pics of the install or can you describe it more.
What strip did you order, length
Looks amazing

#1203 5 years ago

Anyone looking for a NOS translite let me know

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Wow looks fantastic! i have my BSD apart at the moment and i would like to do this. Do you have any pics of the install or can you describe it more.
What strip did you order, length
Looks amazing

I'm sure it can be done cheaper, but this is really easy and "plug and play". The installation instructions are on their website.
http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/green-no-solder-led-light-strip-williams-wpcwpc95-games

I believe you also get a 10% discount if you use "pinside" as a promo code.

#1205 5 years ago

In looking around for topper ideas I saw what I think was a laser etched Dracula lit with red LEDs. Does anyone know where this was purchased or who makes them or if they're even available anywhere? I've struck out hunting for it or something like it.
I have the red wolf helmet that I mentioned in a previous post, but I keep envisioning nudging the machine and having it somehow come down and crash through the glass so I'm trying to come up with other options.

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Putting LEDs in this game is no walk in the park. Several require ramps to be removed and many are in very tight spots.

I tend to go in under the playfield for those awkward lamps, just nut-driver the lamp off the underside and bingo.

#1208 5 years ago

Thanks Kpull. I didn't see one on his site. I knew I should have just emailed him. lol
And on an unrelated note, I definitely need to keep practicing my high score is up to 156 mil, but that's just nothing compared to some of you guys here.

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I tend to go in under the playfield for those awkward lamps, just nut-driver the lamp off the underside and bingo.

Great tip.

#1210 5 years ago

Found the flipper problem and all fixed. Thanks to all for the help. Drac lives again!image-178.jpg

#1211 5 years ago

Yes, that's how I do it too, but even from underneath, not all bulbs are easily accessible. Some are under the subway, for example.

#1212 5 years ago

Help needed please.

I have just noticed that My BSD is missing a post, at least I think it is.

Its on the left wire-ramp (above the mist multiball insert) which is fed via the right ramp, see photos.

Can anyone please let me know if there should be a post here and if so what I need to purchase? i.e. the size and type

Thanks

IMG_20140320_215138.jpg IMG_20140320_215106.jpg
#1213 5 years ago

Small hex. Sorry hard to get a good pic of it.

image-527.jpg
image-596.jpg

#1214 5 years ago

A few more when I was shopping it.
[att=1534773,341788

image-182.jpg
image-1.jpg
image-528.jpg

image-957.jpg image-717.jpg
#1215 5 years ago

Help needed please.
I have just noticed that My BSD is missing a post, at least I think it is.
Its on the left wire-ramp (above the mist multiball insert) which is fed via the right ramp, see photos.
Can anyone please let me know if there should be a post here and if so what I need to purchase? i.e. the size and type
Thanks

Your missing one of these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=358

Im not sure of the size off hand but i can check tonight for you unless someone here beats me to it.

#1216 5 years ago

OAL should be 5/8" in.

#1217 5 years ago

Strangest thing happened today, fired up the machine and solenoids are just randomly popping in the rat hole and the hole in the upper left playfield by the ramp. Entering into the diagnostic menu I'm seeing:
Check Switch 51 Opto T.R. Lane
Check Switch 53 Opto Castle 1
Check Switch 54 Opto Castle 2
Check Switch 55 Opto B.L. Popper
Check Switch 56 Opto T.L. Popper
Magnet Unload Error

Also when running a test on the magnet, the display is showing as though there are 2 balls in the left gate when there aren't any.

I went from everything working perfectly (or so I thought) to this. And being new to pinball it's all very confusing.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Strangest thing happened today, fired up the machine and solenoids are just randomly popping in the rat hole and the hole in the upper left playfield by the ramp. Entering into the diagnostic menu I'm seeing:
Magnet Unload Error
Also when running a test on the magnet, the display is showing as though there are 2 balls in the left gate when there aren't any.
I went from everything working perfectly (or so I thought) to this. And being new to pinball it's all very confusing.

Hmmm that's a lot of switch errors. Is there any CPU damage from battery leakage? Check for greenish fuzz on the components underneath the battery holder.

#1219 5 years ago

I looked at the batteries, they looked new. Under the playfield, one of the boards doesn't seem to be getting any power, as the LED isn't lit. I've got someone coming early next week to have a look, since I didn't seem to find anything loose and didn't see any of the fuses were blown.
So for now I guess Dracula is going to be decorative until next week.
This is a strange hobby, my game is "broken" for lack of a better word and I'm looking forward to the topper I ordered coming (thanks Joe at Laseriffic) and oddly looking forward to the person coming here and showing me what's wrong and how it gets fixed.
I may already have a slight case of pinball fever since I keep looking at the gym in my basement and thinking, "do I really need all this stuff? I have a Golds membership and man could I fit a lot of pins in here." lol

#1220 5 years ago

hi nOs,if cpu looks ok go to pinwiki and look for opto problems. check all connectors in the back box and under the playfield. look at the 10opto board under the playfield make sure the connectors are ok.any loose wires? g.l.joe

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I looked at the batteries, they looked new. Under the playfield, one of the boards doesn't seem to be getting any power, as the LED isn't lit. I've got someone coming early next week to have a look, since I didn't seem to find anything loose and didn't see any of the fuses were blown.
This is a strange hobby, my game is "broken" for lack of a better word and I'm looking forward to the topper I ordered coming (thanks Joe at Laseriffic) and oddly looking forward to the person coming here and showing me what's wrong and how it gets fixed.
I may already have a slight case of pinball fever since I keep looking at the gym in my basement and thinking, "do I really need all this stuff? I have a Golds membership and man could I fit a lot of pins in here." lol

Yep. It's only a matter of time until Dracula gets a friend!

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Yep. It's only a matter of time until Dracula gets a friend!

Agreed. It's like a sickness...

Would also like to see a pic of the topper when you get it!

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Owning pinball machines often reminds me of this Billy Joel line:

"And if he can't drive with a broken back
At least he can polish the fenders"

Hopefully you just have a connector that slipped out, a few of the short ones might not hang down if they're loose.

Just give up on the basement, it's going to be a pinball room eventually. Better sooner than later...

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Do you have a game manual? Those switches are all close to one another I think. Check the wires around all those switches. Look for broken diode or wire. Check the fuse with a meter, not by eye. Do any of the switches register in test mode? Might just be loose connector on the board. The can't be that hard to fix if it all happened at once and suddenly.

#1225 5 years ago

Yeah, they all seem to be coming from one spot. I will check the connectors again. Maybe undo them all and reconnect just to make sure. I never thought about actually testing the fuse with a meter, makes more sense. The guy who's coming out seems to think that 12v isn't getting there for some reason, but as far as I can tell so far in looking, the black and grey/yellow (I think that's what it was), seems to be in good condition everywhere I've been able to trace it to.
I'll have to open it up and have another good look. I can survive without it until mon or tues but I'd sure rather be playing. I felt like I was just starting to get a bit more control and not spaz out and just slap the flippers like they'd offended me. lol

#1226 5 years ago

I just checked the manual, all those switches are on the same matrix. I am by no means an expert, but manual shows j207-5 green/black wire on connector and u20-14 as associated with those switches. J207 is on CPU board on left bottom middle. My guess is something may be wrong with u20 or that connector wire.

Does the mystery hole work, it's switch 58, also on that matrix. Same with 57 opto castle 3.

Don't know what fuse is associated with this area so hopefully someone chimes in. Maybe start a new thread as only people interested in bsd likely look here.

#1227 5 years ago

hi nOs,look at c-2 on the driver board, is the top bulging?look where the cap touches the board do you see crusty looking stuff? can you post a pic of it? joe

#1228 5 years ago

Looking at a brams Sunday

What things should I be focusing on?

#1229 5 years ago

joe, here's c-2, not sure if it shows up clearly, but the top isn't bulging.

Rlerman, It's weird, on mine, J207 is empty, but 205 and 206 have plugs, and I pulled both and reseated and nothing changed.
I've done what I think is a pretty thorough job checking to make sure everything is seated well, but obviously something's going on. I just don't know what.
C2.jpg

Oh and I really appreciate all you guys taking time out on a Friday night to try and help.

#1230 5 years ago

hi nOs,i can't tell from the pic can you see anything crusty around the bottom of the cap?check tp1 tp2 tp3 also pull one end of fuses f114, f115 ,,f116 and test wich continuity. g.l. joe

#1231 5 years ago

sorry test points game on . fuses game off.

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Looking at a brams Sunday
What things should I be focusing on?

Where the ball drops from the shooter lane

#1233 5 years ago

Hell, yeah. I just joined the 30 million club. I was holding up on cashing out on my multi balls to try to line them all out and it finally worked. The whole time I was paranoid about all the balls draining in hurry given how I finally got everything lined up. I was hitting every fricken thing I was aiming at. I got Dracula spelled out I think twice and the concubine stuff,too, I racked up about 1.7 billion with that ball and ended up finishing with 2.1 billion. After the game, I checked my bookkeeping to see how many games it took to make it happen. 470

#1234 5 years ago

^^ Congrats, that is quite a score Well done

#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Magnet Unload Error

I had the same problem with mine..

First of all check ALL fuses for broken ones, second check all optos if any eyes or wires may have come loose.

Most of the time the problem is out there..

If that's not fixing the problem check your prints behind the backglass maybe some are burned or broken.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yeah, they all seem to be coming from one spot. I will check the connectors again. Maybe undo them all and reconnect just to make sure. I never thought about actually testing the fuse with a meter, makes more sense. The guy who's coming out seems to think that 12v isn't getting there for some reason, but as far as I can tell so far in looking, the black and grey/yellow (I think that's what it was), seems to be in good condition everywhere I've been able to trace it to.
I'll have to open it up and have another good look. I can survive without it until mon or tues but I'd sure rather be playing. I felt like I was just starting to get a bit more control and not spaz out and just slap the flippers like they'd offended me. lol

If they are all in the same matrix, sounds to me like you have a broken wire somewhere. Possibly a short... Check for continuity.

#1237 5 years ago

If you have continuity on the wires, diodes are oke also take a look at the opto-board below the PF near the mist-assembly. Inspect for burnt LM339 components.

#1238 5 years ago

I've had a wire break for an opto in the castle... you'll have to use the matrix as your guide and give each point a good visual inspection (along with establishing continuity)

#1239 5 years ago

Still looking to join this club. If anyone is selling within a 4 hour radius of Buffalo NY, PM me. Looking for one with a SP playfield..

#1240 5 years ago

Like many of you, I just couldn't stand the original coffin character. So, I asked a buddy of mine who is familiar with miniature toy characters to come up with a replacement. Here's what he came up with using a standard toy that can be bought with minor modifications. Yes, not true to the movie but IMHO a great improvement. (BTW....Great job by kpull to come up with a true-to-movie dracula replacement character!) I bought a clear coffin plastic to really make him visible. I really like how it turned out.

new drac.jpgnew drac2.jpg

#1241 5 years ago

Joined the club and loving it . I just cant stop thinking about this machine .

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

Like many of you, I just couldn't stand the original coffin character. So, I asked a buddy of mine who is familiar with miniature toy characters to come up with a replacement. Here's what he came up with using a standard toy that can be bought with minor modifications. Yes, not true to the movie but IMHO a great improvement. (BTW....Great job by kpull to come up with a true-to-movie dracula replacement character!) I bought a clear coffin plastic to really make him visible. I really like how it turned out.

new drac.jpg 183 KB

new drac2.jpg 81 KB

Thanks for the compliment Goldpins. Nice job as well!

This week I have been playing with a clear material for better light transmission and hope to have some pics this week. Working on finishing up paint.

Here is the latest thread for mine.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-dracula-goodbye-ron
Dracula is getting all kinds of love now!!! Now I am trying to learn how to play the damn thing. It is a butt kicker.
KeithDrac_Lit.jpgDrac.jpg

#1243 5 years ago

Ok, just to update. Everything's now working. The problems were, a wire on the left ramp opto had broken, but with just a cursory glance and not really knowing what I was looking for I missed it. This apparently blew a fuse, and since I couldn't find my multimeter and not having any previous experience with these types of fuses I assumed (wrongly) that a visual look at them would suffice.

Jay from M&P Amusement came out and tracked the problem down, re-soldered it, replaced the fuse and to top it all off installed my Cliffy Protectors for me all for no charge. Plus I got a few hours worth of pinball school, which for a complete noob was really great. Now I actually understand more about what everyone was trying to tell me.

Next up, installing my topper from Laseriffic and the Lover Never Dies LEDs from cointaker and then have to do some color matching LEDs in the translate.

Oh and if anyone else is new to pinball like I am, have a working multimeter handy and learn how to use it.

Thanks again everyone who threw in some advice. I hope I don't have any other issues, but when I do I think I'll have a bit more of a clue now on how to address them thanks to you guys.

#1244 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to leave the BSD club and have a nice one drop me a PM.
I'm looking to join the club
West Coast would be better, but might pay for shipping for the right one.

Kevin

#1245 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Started tearing her down and need your help already. The mist multiball gate and wire assembly on the right side A-16257 is what I need as the one in the game is home made and really bad. Does anyone know where I might find one. Already tried Bay Area,Marco, and Pinball Life.

#1247 5 years ago

Thank you, im halfway there or i will be bending and drilling some metal.

#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Thank you, im halfway there or i will be bending and drilling some metal.

Lyons, CO...

Leftkoff, I presume?

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Lyons, CO...
Leftkoff, I presume?

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

My mistake. Must be the beard factor

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 141.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside