Topic Stats

• 7,006 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 141.
#1101 5 years ago

Hi there,
Does anyone have to sell or knows where I can get hold of the hex spacers used for the castle on the right hand side of the playfield? There's two apparently - a large one around 3" and a smaller one (maybe an inch or so?) but unfortunately I'm not even sure exactly which posts I should be getting.
Thanks a lot.

#1102 5 years ago

I might have these. PM sent.

#1103 5 years ago

New member wants to join the club
I have got new set of of Mcfarlane figures. But nothing of those fits coffin. Any ideas how to get rid of this Ron Jeremy look-alike Drac?

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from raulos:

I have got new set of of Mcfarlane figures. But nothing of those fits coffin. Any ideas how to get rid of this Ron Jeremy look-alike Drac?

No way!

ronjeremy.jpg

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from raulos:

20140222_1647422.jpg

Officially joined the club last week. Something I am working on for mine right now. Still WIP right now, but getting close.

Update:
20140302_165944 copy.jpg

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Officially joined the club last week. Something I am working on for mine right now. Still WIP right now, but getting close.

20140222_1647422.jpg 197 KB

Nice work! If you make them I'm buying

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Woaah, impressive. Need some painting but IT looks great

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from raulos:

Woaah, impressive. Need some painting but IT looks great

Quoted from shock_me:

Nice work! If you make them I'm buying

Thanks. Got some work to make sure I can mold them correctly. Then work on paint.

Keith

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Nice work. It actually looks like Drac from the movie!

#1110 5 years ago

accidentally started a two player game, was going to abandon the second player but it came together..

image-416.jpg
#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Thanks. Got some work to make sure I can mold them correctly. Then work on paint.
Keith

Hi Keith,

That is a big improvement over the Ron Jeremy Dracula figure. Please post photos after you paint this. I for one would buy this mod if the paint comes out looking as good as the figure.

Gord

#1112 5 years ago

Thanks Gordon. I will for sure post some pics once I get the paint done. Going to work on getting them cast in the coming weeks.
Keith

#1113 5 years ago

I am a member..."Blood is too precious a thing in these times..."
Phenomenal game!

#1114 5 years ago

Im in as of last night. Sweet machine. Full led, cross mods, led undercab lights, love never dies led strip, backbox led strip light mod. Has typical fading, but not terrible. I got rid of my hs2 after 4 months...bsd after one day seems relatively simple, but much more difficult.

20140223_113801.jpg
#1115 5 years ago

I love this game. I haven't stopped playing it since finishing my restoration a few weeks ago. It's pretty well dialed in right now, but it's still a brutally fun pin

#1116 5 years ago

Big thanks to (edit-name in later if he wants to be identified) for the repro plastic I needed. Fits perfect, I did cut a lexan protector for underneath it to absorb any ball hits so it raised the plastic height a little. This awesome pinsider sent me a few so if anyone is truly in need of one I can mail you one.(All gone now-sorry!)

I see now why it breaks, its the weight of the ramp above it pressing down on the red plastic post, brilliant design from the factory

edit----- All plastics spoken for

DSC08133.JPG

DSC08134.JPG

#1117 5 years ago

Ron Jeremy Dracula , now that's funny. All we need is a Seka female vampire and we are good to go

#1118 5 years ago

after a few weeks working i finished (hmmm, think i have to light also the blue starposts with starpost light ) my BSD - here some pics

Mike

ok_1.jpg ok_2.jpg ok_all.jpg ok_starpost.jpg
#1119 5 years ago

Nice work Mike. Looks great!
Keith

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Awww. He's all tucked in.

#1121 5 years ago

What do you guys think of this cabinet side? Picked it up over the weekend.

20140227_142942.jpg
#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

20140227_142942.jpg 306 KB

Is it Sharpied?

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

20140227_142942.jpg 306 KB

One side always seems to look great but rarely both sides. One side had to point towards the window.

#1124 5 years ago

Added to a thread on how to dial in a cheap radioshack hobby motor to replace the existing mist motor and get the speed correct. For about $10, you can get the resistor. potentiometer, and motor and replace that old piece of crap that sounds like a can opener.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-motor

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is it Sharpied?

If you look at the pic full size, touchup has definitely been done on the red.

On the plus side, the purple looks nice, which it rarely does in pics. Often you can barely see it. Also, how red the reds are doesn't affect gameplay in the least.

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is it Sharpied?

Yes, but it actually looks very good, surprisingly. You can only really tell from up close. The rest of the color on the cab is original. As others stated, doesn't affect gameplay, and this one plays perfect with a very nice PF, zero insert wear.

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, but it actually looks very good, surprisingly. You can only really tell from up close. The rest of the color on the cab is original. As others stated, doesn't affect gameplay, and this one plays perfect with a very nice PF, zero insert wear.

Doesn't look bad at all. From the pic it just seemed like the color wasn't consistent but is more obvious in a pic than would be in person.

#1128 5 years ago

Just finished with mine, this machine was left for dead but i blew new eternal life into it

draculapin.JPG
DSC_0282.JPG
DSC_0300.jpg

#1129 5 years ago

Nice looking BSD you have there. Did you put chrome T molding on her?

Love the red package and inside artwork. Well done

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from Raven2012:

Just finished with mine, this machine was left for dead but i blew new eternal life into it

LOL. "Our love (for BSD) is stronger than death!"

Does that chrome molding use adhesive, or did you route a track for it?

Also, is that the Pinballbulbs LED kit? If so, would you recommend it?

#1131 5 years ago

The red siderails, lockdown bar and legs look sharp.

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Nice looking BSD you have there. Did you put chrome T molding on her?
Love the red package and inside artwork. Well done

The chrome is just with peel and stick. found it on Ebay. Just did it because this pinball is going to stand next to Ac/Dc & Metallica from Stern.

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

LOL. "Our love (for BSD) is stronger than death!"
Does that chrome molding use adhesive, or did you route a track for it?
Also, is that the Pinballbulbs LED kit? If so, would you recommend it?

Chrome is just like a sticker. Peel off and put it where you want it to. very strong.

The leds are from Pinballbulbs yes very beautiful, in real life looks twice as good as on the picture.

Our love for this pinball is indeed stronger than death

#1134 5 years ago

Can anyone provide me with a scan of the sticker that goes over the coffin? Its the last sticker. Mine is completely missing. Or a close up picture?

Thanks.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Can anyone provide me with a scan of the sticker that goes over the coffin? Its the last sticker. Mine is completely missing. Or a close up picture?
Thanks.

I got one from a member, Thanks!

#1136 5 years ago

In case anyone didn't notice in another thread, PPS has new lightning flippers in stock in several colors. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FB Already ordered a yellow pair myself.

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

i have another question,
have anyone a pic how the left building on playfield is mounted ? think at my BSD there are missing parts for mount the building with the two screws. so i only can place the building loose, and sometimes it happens if the ball is ejected the ball is thrown back the rail.
Mike

Took a while but I finally took a look. The lower post is 2.5" and the upper is 3.5".

#1138 5 years ago

To those who have contacted me about those plastics they will be coming, havent mailed yet, monday for sure they will go out, sorry!

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Also, I remember someone asking about the lengths of the posts for the coffin setup. There are 4 posts that have very close lengths. Anyone still interested in that information while I have it apart?

I really wish I had read this thread before I tore down my Dracula. I'm usually pretty anal about measuring everything really carefully, but those 4 post were so close that they fooled me to believe that they are all the same height when I roughly measured them on the playfield. Only noticed the slight difference after they were out and of course at this point I didn't know anymore which was from which place. So YES I would be interested in this information and I think it should be documented in this wonderful thread. Im aware you already put your BSD back together but I hope you have the info still (fingers crossed).

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from flipperilaakso:

I really wish I had read this thread before I tore down my Dracula. I'm usually pretty anal about measuring everything really carefully, but those 4 post were so close that they fooled me to believe that they are all the same height when I roughly measured them on the playfield. Only noticed the slight difference after they were out and of course at this point I didn't know anymore which was from which place. So YES I would be interested in this information and I think it should be documented in this wonderful thread. Im aware you already put your BSD back together but I hope you have the info still (fingers crossed).

Sorry, I never actually took the measurements because I didn't remove the posts. I have to get back into my machine soon, though. I wasn't planning on going into the coffin, but do you know how much needs to come off to get to the posts enough to measure them?

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had posted this in a separate thread...but am still looking for some brainstorming. My BSD has a ghost in the machine, so to speak:
Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle, the game will start randomly (and quickly) handing out rewards (such as a coffin ramp hit, a rat hole hit, video lane hit... sometimes the dungeon (upper left scoop) hit...). Then, just as quickly as it started, it stops and the game goes back to normal play.
I've had the glass off...can't get it to recreate. Put it in switch test and banged around... nothing. I've also looked under the play field...can't seem to find any loose wires or shorts.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Just wanted to update everyone on this... I solved the mystery. It turned out to be a faulty matrix chip (the ULN2803) which is located just below the batteries on the MPU board. After looking through all the switches on the playfield, checking diodes, loose wires, etc... I switched MPU boards with my TZ (changing ROMs, of course). The issue completely disappeared.

So, I ordered a new 80-cent ULN2803 chip from Pinbits... put it on the BSD MPU board and the game is back in business.

Subsequently, and totally unrelated, my DMD board crapped out. The power section needs rebuilding.

But, if anyone starts to see some strange behaviors (like I experienced) in their machine, keep that ULN2803 chip in the back of their mind. It could very well be the problem!

Special thanks to Gaz (over in Australia) and Chris Hibler for taking the time to think about this issue... their help was key and very appreciated!

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Sorry, I never actually took the measurements because I didn't remove the posts. I have to get back into my machine soon, though. I wasn't planning on going into the coffin, but do you know how much needs to come off to get to the posts enough to measure them?

Okay, I see and thanks for answering. I think you have to take out pretty much stuff before you are able to measure them, so I'm guessing it's pretty big task if you want to do it just to get the measurements. It's okay, lets hope someone reads this before their tear down and documents the lengths here while doing it. It'll still be a while befoe I'll put mine together

#1144 5 years ago
Quoted from flipperilaakso:

There are 4 posts the coffin is attached to. The 2 in front are 1 5/8" and the 2 in back are 1 11/16". There are also 2 in the far back of this metal plate that the plastic mounts to and they're 1 3/4".

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There are 4 posts the coffin is attached to. The 2 in front are 1 5/8" and the 2 in back are 1 11/16". There are also 2 in the far back of this metal plate that the plastic mounts to and they're 1 3/4".

Here's a pic, although for reference purposes, it's upside down.

041.JPG
#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Here's a pic, although for reference purposes, it's upside down.

041.JPG 208 KB

Yes like the playfield pitch they are designed to tilt Drac's coffin down slightly.

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

To those who have contacted me about those plastics they will be coming, havent mailed yet, monday for sure they will go out, sorry!

Just received mine. Thanks CF! Owe you one.

#1148 5 years ago

Mine came in today. A very big Thank you. I also owe you one.

#1149 5 years ago

Forgive me for posting in here before I actually have a BSD in my possession, but I'm hoping to pick one up this weekend and had a couple questions and I thought this would be the place to ask them:

1) Does anyone know how tall the machine would be with the legs removed and the backbox folded down onto the cab? I'd like to make sure it will fit in the back of a Toyota Matrix so that I don't have to drive my Jeep which doesn't do nearly as well gas mileage wise.

2)I'm planning to have the side rails, legs, etc powder coated black, but since the side rails are held on with what appears to be some sort of 3M heavy duty tape I thought about ordering a new pair just in case. I'm not quite sure which ones to order.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to posting up pics once I've gotten it home and into it's final resting place. Thanks guys.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

2)I'm planning to have the side rails, legs, etc powder coated black, but since the side rails are held on with what appears to be some sort of 3M heavy duty tape I thought about ordering a new pair just in case. I'm not quite sure which ones to order.

Pinball Life sells unfinished side rails. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2774

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 141.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside