Topic Stats

• 7,006 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 141.
#351 6 years ago

Thanks for tips guys, I need to have a mess out with it on my next day off

#352 6 years ago

My BSD is on its way to get complete ... I am just waiting that new ramps will be available ... a shame to shop the game with the old ramps ....

DSCF4955.JPG DSCF4946.JPG DSCF4962.JPG

#353 6 years ago

what's the last pic with the white covering the playfield??

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

what's the last pic with the white covering the playfield??

I think that's a full playfield protector. Should look nice and SHINY.

#355 6 years ago

hi tomdk, where did you get the playfield protector ,price ? thanks joe

#356 6 years ago

Hi
Yes, that is a playfield protector. I bought it here in Germany, I think the US distributor is planetarypinball and he asks 99 dollar for them.
On uncoated playfields they bring some shine like coated and secure the playfield. On my project with a very nice clearcoated playfield I just use it for some month. I just want to play the machine some weeks and will pass it to a friend. So he can decide to use it or play on the clearcoat.

I use this covers on all machines not restored. After clearcoating I usually dont use them than anymore. Its a nice protection agains loose inserts and a very smooth gameplay. Softer than clearcoat. bad thinks, some hinges, etc should be adjusted and bumpers are a little weaker.

#357 6 years ago

Hello friends. I am new to the forum from the other side of the world ... From Spain.
I join the club because I'm a happy owner of this fantastic pinball.
I'm in the process of restoration, I hope to share with you the outcome of my beloved BSD.

Greetings.

#358 6 years ago

Here is a picture of my game with some LEDs on the playfield and back box. Makes a huge difference. Not sure if you can tell or not, but I put RED LEDs under the D R A C U L A inserts and it looks a lot better than the original orange...

Rob

IMG_8177.JPG IMG_8175.jpg

#359 6 years ago

New member as on 10:30am this morning! Thanks to a great transaction with a fellow pinsider!!!!

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

My BSD is on its way to get complete ... I am just waiting that new ramps will be available ... a shame to shop the game with the old ramps ....

I really hope new ramps will be made. I could use a set.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from RoberAstur:

Hello friends. I am new to the forum from the other side of the world ... From Spain.
I join the club because I'm a happy owner of this fantastic pinball.
I'm in the process of restoration, I hope to share with you the outcome of my beloved BSD.
Greetings.

Welcome fellow pinsider, I am a new member too, I have had my machine for 2 and half years. Eventually would like to get new decals, problem is no one to my knowledge is making them. Will be good to see your progress of your restoration.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

HiYes, that is a playfield protector. I bought it here in Germany, I think the US distributor is planetarypinball and he asks 99 dollar for them.On uncoated playfields they bring some shine like coated and secure the playfield. On my project with a very nice clearcoated playfield I just use it for some month. I just want to play the machine some weeks and will pass it to a friend. So he can decide to use it or play on the clearcoat.
I use this covers on all machines not restored. After clearcoating I usually dont use them than anymore. Its a nice protection agains loose inserts and a very smooth gameplay. Softer than clearcoat. bad thinks, some hinges, etc should be adjusted and bumpers are a little weaker.

Im not seeing these at planetary pinall. Could you add a link? Maybe im missing it somewhere.

#363 6 years ago

They don't have it listed , I sent them an email about it though, I will post when I hear from them .

#364 6 years ago

Mhh .. I was pretty sure they have ...

At least in Germany:
http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/12731/session/true

But more expensive , around 100 EURO without tax for US customers.

#365 6 years ago

Ya they have others , just don't have BSD listed. Well , wait and see what they email me back , I want one too .

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Here is a picture of my game with some LEDs on the playfield and back box. Makes a huge difference. Not sure if you can tell or not, but I put RED LEDs under the D R A C U L A inserts and it looks a lot better than the original orange...
Rob

Nice. Before I switched to blue pop bumpers, I had red LEDs in my DRACULA inserts as well to make all the red and blue balance out better. Now that I have blue pops, as well as yellow/orange flippers, I think it looks better in yellow. Here's where mine stands. 2013-06-29-19.48.jpg

#367 6 years ago

Post edited by kevinleedrum : double post

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Nice. Before I switched to blue pop bumpers, I had red LEDs in my DRACULA inserts as well to make all the red and blue balance out better. Now that I have blue pops, as well as yellow/orange flippers, I think it looks better in yellow. Here's where mine stands.

Wow !!!
Going back and forth with LED's in BSD...

But this..... Sir, that's the nicest ledded BSD i've ever seen, and a fine picture of it!
Tip at the hat to you

#369 6 years ago

Here's mine. 20130630_224908.jpg 20130630_223751.jpg

#370 6 years ago

Post edited by Kcpinballfan : fixed the pictures I posted

#371 6 years ago

I keep trying to tell myself that three of my buddies have this game so I don't need it because I can play it at their place . . . but I keep opening this thread anyway!!!!!! Such a great game.

#372 6 years ago

I am a new BSD owner can I join the club

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Bradp56:

I am a new BSD owner can I join the club

You're in Brad, "Velcome to my home"

#374 6 years ago

hi , does anyone know where to buy insert decals?

#375 6 years ago

Sweet thank you. I was talking to another member because I am having the issue where a lot of times when I hit the ball up the castle Ramp it will fall of the ramp and not get to the lock part. I have been working on the adjustments so hopefully I will get it soon.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Rob

Hello MrBellMan. It's amazing the backglass of your BSD.
If not too much trouble, you can upload a photo without the glass????
I love the result and I would like to know the colors used to make mine so

Thanks and regards.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Bradp56:

Sweet thank you. I was talking to another member because I am having the issue where a lot of times when I hit the ball up the castle Ramp it will fall of the ramp and not get to the lock part. I have been working on the adjustments so hopefully I will get it soon.

Mine would do this also. You need to move the wire ramp as close to the left plastic ramp as possible and then tighten the wire ramp down.

#378 6 years ago

Hello MrBellMan. It's amazing the backglass of your BSD.
If not too much trouble, you can upload a photo without the glass????
I love the result and I would like to know the colors used to make mine so
Thanks and regards.

Glad you noticed. It looks even better in person... I have separated the blue/white lamps a bit to get the most of the blue clouds and the reds of the letters in Dracula. The violet on the bottom really makes the battle field scene it's own image and no longer just blends with the images around it.

This picture shows the colors. Everything else is just regular 555's or cool white LED's. Hope this helps.

IMG_8190.JPG

#379 6 years ago

I am going to LED mine like this.

#380 6 years ago

Hey guys, anyone ever have the castle hallway animation show up after you launch the ball? (the animation that shows when you shoot the left ramp). My game has been showing this animation off the launch during the skill shot, the 3 heads are there to start, but it changes to the hallway after pushing the launch ball button, and im pretty positive it should just be showing the 3 gargoyle heads until the drop target or a switch is hit, anyone ever have this happen before?

Also, sometimes my ball ends when i only have 2 balls left during a multiball and one of them drains and the ball ends prematurely, im pretty sure this has something to do with the ball not stopping in the proper position in the trough but im not sure, anyone encounter this before and fix it?

#381 6 years ago

Mine started showing that animation quite often for no apparent reason. Turned out the optos at the start of the ramp were dirty. I cleaned them with some alcohol on a Q-tip, and haven't had a problem since. You might have a different issue, but I thought I would mention it. Good luck!

#382 6 years ago

Very nice with the LEDs.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Glad you noticed. It looks even better in person... I have separated the blue/white lamps a bit to get the most of the blue clouds and the reds of the letters in Dracula. The violet on the bottom really makes the battle field scene it's own image and no longer just blends with the images around it.
This picture shows the colors. Everything else is just regular 555's or cool white LED's. Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting that pic. I just placed an order at Cointaker so that I can do the same with my BSD.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Thank you so much ...
Do you know the great contribution you have made to many people ... The result is spectacular.

Thanks again

#385 6 years ago

Do you play with night vision goggles on? Looks cool, but not very playable.

#386 6 years ago

I just bought a BSD, cant wait for the NAVL truck to show up with it.

#387 6 years ago

Tech challenge guys. Pops and slings sometimes don't work at all them burst into life, sometimes halfway through a game. Only recently started happening. Any ideas as to cause?

#388 6 years ago

I have a set of the 'proto' sling plastics. Anyone now what size stand-offs to buy for them & where? TIA

Doc

#389 6 years ago

Mine just shipped today! Pumped...

#390 6 years ago

Put some money down on one a couple of days ago.
Going to pick it up this weekend!
Can't wait!

Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Tech challenge guys. Pops and slings sometimes don't work at all them burst into life, sometimes halfway through a game. Only recently started happening. Any ideas as to cause?

Sounds like a power issue to your solenoid circuit.
Check for a bad connection on the board or somewhere down the harness? My guess would be that something is loose and making intermittent contact. The schematics will help you figure out what connectors and wires to inspect.
Also run a solenoid test and see if they work in test after they've stopped working in game.
Don't rule out a poor fuse holder. It could be anything.
If not a bad connection, then I would move to the power driver board.
Good luck

#391 6 years ago

I thought this looked awesome, so I did the same thing with mine.

Before:
BSD1.jpg

After:
BSD2.jpg

#392 6 years ago

Wow. That's pretty dramatic.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Do you play with night vision goggles on? Looks cool, but not very playable.

That pic was taken with my camera on my phone with a night setting to tone down glare, the game is very bright and vibrant. It's the second brightest game in my collection with acdc being first. No game looks the same in a picture as it does live.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Nicely done!

I've been reluctant to use LEDs behind backglasses/translites, but this looks great.

#395 6 years ago

I'm back in the club! I had one for 2 years and sold it a little over a year ago. Just brought home another last night and this one ain't leavin!

#396 6 years ago

Do any of you have an issue where the ball launch ramp causes the ball to miss the skill shot drop target? My launch ramp (plastic) is a bit tweaked and I'm not sure which way to go with it to get it back to original.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Mine just shipped today! Pumped...

Grats on finally getting one!

#398 6 years ago

The rubber city on the left of my BSD tends to droop down and stop the ball.

Have you all corrected city droop?

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from telmnstr:

The rubber city on the left of my BSD tends to droop down and stop the ball.
Have you all corrected city droop?

Gene with IPB has loads of those rubber city/castle pieces, both the left and right side. I think he had graveyard pieces too. It's not on their website, you have to call Illinois Pinball.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from telmnstr:

The rubber city on the left of my BSD tends to droop down and stop the ball.Have you all corrected city droop?

It might not have the correct sized hex spacer under it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 141.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside