Topic Stats

• 6,836 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,095 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (15) (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpg
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpg
fzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpg
54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif
IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG
0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg
2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6836 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 137.
#451 6 years ago

Hi Ho

I am looking for a nice set of scorecards for BSD ... anybody has something ?!

BSD is now ready, plays great, some minor bugs and switches but 6 month of renovation are over.
Playfield coated and with playfieldprotector. No problem for the magnet !

Cheers
Tom

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Well, I tried this fix (with the correct coil sleeve), but it didn't fix my issue. Launched balls are still hitting my metal gate. Thanks again for the fix though! Back to the drawing board...

Bummer. Pull the apron. Loosen screws that hold the coil. With a ball in the shooter lane adjust the coil bracket until plunger hits ball dead center.

Also remove ramps and get access to metal gate. Try adjusting it. Also push down or up on the shoot out ramp while launching a ball see if its the ramp angle.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Bummer. Pull the apron. Loosen screws that hold the coil. With a ball in the shooter lane adjust the coil bracket until plunger hits ball dead center.
Also remove ramps and get access to metal gate. Try adjusting it. Also push down or up on the shoot out ramp while launching a ball see if its the ramp angle.

Adjusting the coil bracket so the plunger hit dead center corrected my issue as well. On another note...great job on the BSD light mods you sold me Alex! Look really good!

#454 6 years ago

hi guy's,my up/dowm ramp is so muffed up I had to add a light off the insert light.also added a red led strip behind the translight .

SAM_0849.JPG

#455 6 years ago

hi guy's,my up/dowm ramp is so muffed up I had to add a light off the insert light.also added a red led strip behind the translight .

SAM_0849.JPG SAM_0864.JPG

#456 6 years ago

This game just keeps getting hotter and hotter.

A while back when I was discussing my thoughts on leaving the hobby, I had a ton of people contacting me about my Dracula -- FAR more so than my other machines (White Water, The Shadow, AC/DC Premium).

And on my Craigslist ads for my non-pinball coin-op stuff, folks see Dracula in the background and ask if I would consider selling it.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

This game just keeps getting hotter and hotter.A while back when I was discussing my thoughts on leaving the hobby, I had a ton of people contacting me about my Dracula -- FAR more so than my other machines (White Water, The Shadow, AC/DC Premium).And on my Craigslist ads for my non-pinball coin-op stuff, folks see Dracula in the background and ask if I would consider selling it.

Yeah I think I would only part with mine for about 3k. Great game, awesome lightshow and sounds and looks awesome with leds

#458 6 years ago

It has been on my list for a while and I think I just may be joining the club (hooray!)...needed a dark pin to offset the humor and non scary nature of my SS.

#459 6 years ago

Yeah bsd is sick! Its the one pin I would never let go. Once you get going on that pin its really addicting!

#460 6 years ago

Anyone have a source for BSD cabinet decals?

I have a line on a bsd with a bad cabinet.

thanks

3 weeks later
#461 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Anyone have a source for BSD cabinet decals?
I have a line on a bsd with a bad cabinet.
thanks

I join the request of DougPiranha ...
If someone can pass them, I'll be eternally grateful XD

#462 6 years ago

I really want to get new ramps for the game (hoping Pinball Inc will do them on the future), then I will have Neo clear my playfield.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

This game just keeps getting hotter and hotter.
A while back when I was discussing my thoughts on leaving the hobby, I had a ton of people contacting me about my Dracula -- FAR more so than my other machines (White Water, The Shadow, AC/DC Premium).
And on my Craigslist ads for my non-pinball coin-op stuff, folks see Dracula in the background and ask if I would consider selling it.

i was one of these said people lol, i seen it in ur clist post, i also was attempting to get your shadow

#464 6 years ago

I have the following parts for sale, let me know if anyone is interested.

Robert

#03-8864-2
DRACULA (Williams) Molded Graveyard

#03-8864-3
DRACULA (Williams) Village model

IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0830.JPG

#465 6 years ago

Well guys I am in the work of a Special Edition 2013 and a topper for it. Picture on the way with led synced to the skillshot. 1:st production serie is 10 then next 25. Comes complete!
YOU will be amazed with this TOPPER

My dracula Mod is in pinside

I am hope to vectorise BSD cabinet art next week so i am on the way

The Crosses mod remake is in productions of 50 sets!

I just love this game!

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Here is a picture of my game with some LEDs on the playfield and back box. Makes a huge difference. Not sure if you can tell or not, but I put RED LEDs under the D R A C U L A inserts and it looks a lot better than the original orange...
Rob

Man, that looks unbelievable! What a difference. I want to convert my BSD backbox lighting to the same LEDs. Do you have a list of the exact bulbs and quantities you used for this mod? I haven't really embraced LEDs on any of my games because I never cared for the blinky on/off look, but I assume they've improved in the past few years and the ghosting and other issues are now resolved?

On a separate note, how do the CoinTaker LEDs compare to the Optiflux LEDs on the PinballDecals site? Has anyone used their kit?

http://www.pinballdecals.com/OptifluxLEDPage.html

Here are some pics of mine. Need to take some better pictures when I get a chance. It's an early production BSD with proto sling plastics, gothic cross kit, NOS blood red flipper bats (not lighting) and plays 100% with zero cabinet fade or playfield damage. This game will never leave my collection. It's just that awesome.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y406/jdonavich/Tron/20130821_194209_zpsbed660e9.jpg
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y406/jdonavich/Tron/20130821_194136_zpsecab89bf.jpg

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

</Glad you noticed. It looks even better in person... I have separated the blue/white lamps a bit to get the most of the blue clouds and the reds of the letters in Dracula. The violet on the bottom really makes the battle field scene it's own image and no longer just blends with the images around it.

This picture shows the colors. Everything else is just regular 555's or cool white LED's. Hope this helps.> Mr_Belman_backglass.JPG

#468 6 years ago

It really is an impeccable job with the LED on the backglass.
It is normal peers interested in this successful combination of LEDs.

MrBellman, congratulations again for the great work. XD

1 week later
#469 6 years ago

Have some questions about BSD:How common is planking on the LS playfields and where does it typically appear? Is the plastic above the center stationary targets available?

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Have some questions about BSD:How common is planking on the LS playfields and where does it typically appear? Is the plastic above the center stationary targets available?

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Plastics/pageD.html#D

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I have an LS playfield and have no planking at all... Now, my playfield has full mylar with no bubbling, but no planking that I can see either...

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from RoberAstur:

MrBellman, congratulations again for the great work. XD

Thank you very much! Enjoy!

#473 6 years ago

I posted this in a separate thread, but not having much luck... maybe one of you good people can help me?

I picked up a player copy of BSD. Plays great and most issues are only cosmetic, but I did want to repair the two multiplier inserts by the flippers (2X & 3X).

If anyone has the ability to scan these, or even take a really good quality top-down photo of them for me, I would really appreciate it. The font seems impossible to nail down so a scan or photo is my best bet.

Thanks in advance!

#474 6 years ago

pics

IMG_0859.JPG

#475 6 years ago

site is really slow, need to do this 1 by 1 I think...

Robert

IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0861.JPG

#477 6 years ago

actually more

IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0867.JPG

#478 6 years ago

2 more...

Robert

IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0869.JPG

#479 6 years ago

Sweetness!!!
Thank you Robert!

Ill pull these as soon as I get home.

Adriano

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I posted this in a separate thread, but not having much luck... maybe one of you good people can help me?
I picked up a player copy of BSD. Plays great and most issues are only cosmetic, but I did want to repair the two multiplier inserts by the flippers (2X & 3X).
If anyone has the ability to scan these, or even take a really good quality top-down photo of them for me, I would really appreciate it. The font seems impossible to nail down so a scan or photo is my best bet.
Thanks in advance!

I have recently acquired a BSD and was wondering if possible for someone to also take a decent pic of the gameplay instructions , the 2 I have got are black n white and look horrible , this is my 1st ever machine and am absolutely addicted .
hope someone can help me out

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Sweetness!!!
Thank you Robert!
Ill pull these as soon as I get home.
Adriano

If you are passing by me anytime soon and need other shots, I have a perfect PF.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from shedpinball:

These are color, and pretty nice looking
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/bsd_may_09.pdf

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from shedpinball:

I have recently acquired a BSD and was wondering if possible for someone to also take a decent pic of the gameplay instructions , the 2 I have got are black n white and look horrible , this is my 1st ever machine and am absolutely addicted .

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm there are some nice ones under "d" I saved some of these and took them to the print shop and had them printed on a good quality hardstock and could not be happier! Got em done for all 3 of my ges and cost like 6 bucks so worth it!!! http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/dracinfo.jpg that's 1 I used

#484 6 years ago

Dang Thor ya beat me to it..

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If you are passing by me anytime soon and need other shots, I have a perfect PF.

Thanks.
This is just my "player" copy so I want to clean it up as I'll be selling it soon.

#486 6 years ago

My lightning bolt inserts are a little messed up on mine . It's too bad they aren't reproduced anywhere .

#487 6 years ago

New Owner Here!

Just got the game set up yesterday - no problems really, except for one:

It's very hard to get the ball up the right ramp, usually the ball goes up the ramp and sort of rattles at the top like it's getting caught by something, but I don't see anything blocking it. Maybe the ramp needs to be realigned, but I'm not sure what to adjust. If the ball goes up more slowly it usually makes it around the bend.

Any ideas?

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from DMachine:

New Owner Here!
It's very hard to get the ball up the right ramp, usually the ball goes up the ramp and sort of rattles at the top like it's getting caught by something, but I don't see anything blocking it. Maybe the ramp needs to be realigned, but I'm not sure what to adjust. If the ball goes up more slowly it usually makes it around the bend.
Any ideas?

This can happen if the ramp is misaligned. The ball goes up the first (lift ramp) piece then hits the lip of the main plastic ramp. It bounces up into the rubber stop that fits to the back of Drac's coffin end cover. When the ball goes up more slowly it doesn't bounce as much and misses the rubber.

There are three hex posts supporting Drac's coffin, and believe it or not they are all different (tho very similar) lengths. It's really easy to get them mixed up when shopping the pin and you end up with a lip at the top of the lift ramp.

Have a look at the top if the lift ramp and if its higher on one side than the other it's likely the hex posts are mixed up

Pete

#489 6 years ago

Thanx to you guys for the pinball rebel link , is perfect for what I am lookn for ,got some mates coming round for Friday night footy (AFL) and pinball, now for the next improvement.....

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from DMachine:

New Owner Here!
It's very hard to get the ball up the right ramp, usually the ball goes up the ramp and sort of rattles at the top like it's getting caught by something, but I don't see anything blocking it.

I put a couple washers under the clear plastic on top of that ramp and it solved it on mine. I realized it was catching after a ball actually got stuck there. Hopefully this helps?

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

This can happen if the ramp is misaligned. The ball goes up the first (lift ramp) piece then hits the lip of the main plastic ramp. It bounces up into the rubber stop that fits to the back of Drac's coffin end cover. When the ball goes up more slowly it doesn't bounce as much and misses the rubber.
There are three hex posts supporting Drac's coffin, and believe it or not they are all different (tho very similar) lengths. It's really easy to get them mixed up when shopping the pin and you end up with a lip at the top of the lift ramp.
Have a look at the top if the lift ramp and if its higher on one side than the other it's likely the hex posts are mixed up
Pete

There is a little gap - I ended up tightening the screws above the hex posts and putting a little black duct tape over the gap and now it's working perfectly

#492 6 years ago

We just bought a BSD for our arcade in Evansville. I'm very excited to have it there! A nce compliment to our Doctor Who.

I wish there was a listing of mods for it. I've seen the wolfman mod, and I've heard about coffin mods, but never see links. I also may bug and harrass the owner to let me LED it and Doctor Who up.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from DMachine:

There is a little gap - I ended up tightening the screws above the hex posts and putting a little black duct tape over the gap and now it's working perfectly

I had this problem and tried a strip of mylar and messing around with the coffin and everything else in that area which didn't help. Theres a clear plastic that fits on the top of that ramp and mine wasn't on the game but luckily still in the machine. After I added the missing plastic it was a lot better but still not perfect. My plastic was warped slightly so I heated it and made the lead edge of the plastic convex and tapering off towards the back side and now its 100%. Just something to think about if you are missing that plastic. I'm pretty sure the ball hits the habitrail that slides into the left ramp plastic without it.

This pic kind of shows the plastic I'm talking about. Two screws hold it on and you can see one just to the right of the coffin.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/4UEgp_W7wok/maxresdefault.jpg

#494 6 years ago

Since this is the first game I've ever owned - thought I'd share a little success today. The popup from the Asylum wasn't getting the ball to pop back out onto the play field. It popped strongly but the ball would just keep getting stuck in the exit and not come out to play.

I opened the playfield, then I ran the tests and figured out which solenoid was the right one - and it was kind of loose. I wedged several pennies under it tightly and made sure it could still pop freely then put it all back together and it pops the ball perfectly now

#495 6 years ago

wedged pennies? try tightening the mounting screws instead. When those pennies vibrate free you are begging for one to short something out.

#496 6 years ago

Just got mine yesterday. Very fun game. The are a couple kinks to iron out but nothing that scares me too much just yet. Plus I know the pinside all-stars will help me out

#497 6 years ago

Penny wedged repairs FTW.

#498 6 years ago

Just picked up a BSD from a fellow Pinsider. Awesome game! Hard. Love that.

#499 6 years ago

Alright who just picked up the Romeo, Michigan BSD?

#500 6 years ago

I apologize for ridiculing your repairs DMachine. I wish you nothing but the best. I've got a couple errors and who knows wtf I'm going to be able to do about them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Providence, RI
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 6836 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside