Topic Stats

• 6,930 posts
  • 574 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

81187B63-C0AF-4214-BEF9-DB5726F9AAF0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpg
bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (6 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (6 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (6 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (5 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6366 4 months ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Happy Dracula Day!
May your night be filled with bats, rats and triple stacks...
[quoted image]

Thanks Dave. I picked up my BSD on the date the book was released?! Now that is pretty freaky. Appreciate all the help from davebart5 and neverahighscore on this one. You can bet I will be bugging you some more. Yes Dave, per your feedback, the order needs to change, BSD between MBr & LOTR. Shout out to menacefire for the bird dog too.
lineup update (resized).jpg

#6382 4 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Anyone know where you can get apron decals for BSD?

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/bs-dracula/bs-dracula.htm
I have heard mixed reviews on this vendor...

#6395 4 months ago

A few more notes on PinSound, first just install it yourself smcclain65; notes above from habo are great.

If you want a sub hook up then use the RCA jacks on the pinsound board to your external sub, a 10-12 foot RCA cord works well to the popular Polk subs.

The pinsound upgrade does not NEED the upgraded speakers to work, however, getting the 2.1 speaker cable is a great idea as you will most likely want the stereo setup after you hear the mix. You can buy cheaper speakers that will do the job, I just bought 3 speakers for my BSD from parts-express for $45 total. Not sure how they will perform yet as I just ordered yesterday.

Lastly, I am working on a revised pinsound mix. The base is Hazzard’s superb mix with some great work from davebart5. This will take some time as I know how long LOTR took for me, hopefully not as long for BSD. When I am finished I will share and update here. Big fan of pinsound.

#6400 4 months ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Great. Thanks for the info, on the ordering the base pinsound. I can do that right, and then just use a USB stick and install the orchestration and save myself the extra $60? Are there instructions on how to install that?

Good feedback above from colsond3, the lesson there is search in the thread as well across the forums.

Also, you will need a nice fast USB drive or you could have latency issues. I think the PinSound guys have one they recommend on their site, that can then be easily sourced from Amazon, etc.

#6402 4 months ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Will you Include my idea of using your wife's sounds for replacement of some of the uh discreet callouts

Jeez, I have a litany of responses to that and pretty much all of them are just so wrong, moving on...

1 week later
#6457 4 months ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, does anyone know who makes clear coffin ramp or maybe knows how to remake them?

[quoted image]

The ramp referred to in this post from many moons ago. Where to source? Thanks.

EDIT: I just found this but would still need the blue metal riveted on, definitely don’t have the tool for that.
https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-coffin-lock-ramp?category=Bram%20Stoker%27s%20Dracula

#6459 4 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you'd like, ship the parts to me and I'll take care of it.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks Bryan, will let you know for sure.

#6500 4 months ago

Looking for a NOS or used in perfect shape translite. PM me, thanks.

#6523 4 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Anyone install radcals on their BSD? I have a set and I'm just in the middle of getting the cabinet prepped to install it. Should look really nice when it's done.

Mine are on the way, let me know how your install goes and any tips for a successful install. Particularly interested in how they can be repositioned to get lined up.

#6524 4 months ago

duplicate post

#6533 3 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Looking for a NOS or used in perfect shape translite. PM me, thanks.

With all the sales of this newest alt translite someone has to have an unscathed original translite they are willing to sell. PM me if so. Thanks.

#6536 3 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you order an alt? Better than having nothing, or at least until you find an original.
I like the original, and wouldn’t want to separate it from my game completely (in the rare and unlikely event that I ever sold my game).

Thanks Colson, my translite has a minor blemish and I am restoring the machine so looking for a cherry one. I might get pinstein’s but would prefer the original.

#6537 3 months ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have a original perfect translate. I'd give it you if you lived in PA. Ahh, too bad!!!!!!

Haha, you would have some other excuse if I was still up there. I know you keep everything. You still even have that awful Hef Playboy translite socked away and that is scary awful.

#6544 3 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Sorry. Just looked at my original. It has a blemish also from one of the incandescent bulbs

Thanks sulli

1 week later
#6591 3 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Almost finished with my restore job on my recently acquired BSD. Repaired all the dings and imperfections in the cabinet and painted around all the edges black to receive the new radcal artwork. Wow, I have to say, it came out looking even better than I had hoped. The radcals are cut so perfectly that I didn’t really need to do any painting. I was worried there might be 1/8” or more gap to the edges of the cab where the radcal would not cover but instead they go pretty much right to edges. I was also a bit worried about cutting the holes, especially for the start button since the cut will be visible - that turned out to be a breeze. With the proper dremel bit I had no issues. I just had to touch up the wood with some black paint around the inside of the hole where I took off some of the paint. I couldn’t be happier with the result. Worth every penny!
I’m away on vacation till july 9th and didn’t take any pics. I’ll be sure to post some when I get back.
Also, that alternate translite everyone has been showing off looks fantastic! Now that’s one I actually might consider over the original.

Yes, waiting on pics. Especially interested in your Radcal corners and that start button cutout.

#6610 3 months ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation. I've ordered a Pinsound board and found the speakers on Amazon for less than Parts Express. At the moment, it seems Pinsound is out of stock, and anticipating a 2-month delay, so I'll be exercising some patience as well.
I'm really looking forward to this one.

I have a PinSound in my BSD & LOTR. The BSD is a full replacement with matching form factor while the LOTR is an additional board. Clearly PinSound was designed for this era game. I am a PinSound fan and am still refining my BSD mix in collaboration with davebart. The Hazard mix is great and just as his is a remix of the original, ours will be simply an alternate mix.

#6614 3 months ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I would very much like to give it a listen when you feel it's ready. I'd even be happy to help beta test if it would be helpful.

Zen, I will send you a PM when we get to the point of “beta”.

#6617 3 months ago

Per the above two posts:
No worries neverahighscore.
PM sent to Hazzard to explain and possibly collaborate.

After playing BSD last night for a couple hours, I had a thought about adding non BSD soundtrack music to another alternate mix, a non-pure mix if you will.

1 week later
#6628 3 months ago

Anyone know if I can source the back panel decal somewhere?

5D728765-0617-491D-BEE2-E409AA1107C8 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#6744 68 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i need to have a usb stick permanently in the board, correct?

Yes, USB stays in place, that is where it reads the files from during the game on PinSound.

4 weeks later
#6801 40 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ok...my game with Pinsound has never had that happen. Balls load fine when I boot the game up.
My issue definitely seems opto related. It won’t always repopulate the Mist ball mid-game, or after a game ends. Luckily I already picked up the opto boards and other parts for my tear down this Fall.
Sorry you’re having issues with the Pinsound. It’s a great upgrade.

Are all the optos in BSD the same? I heard reference to long range optos that goes across the playfield for the magnet, however, with my game currently under construction, it looks to me like that opto is no different than the others, with the exception of the black one having an extra piece of black housing. Plus the manual does not list any different part number. Thanks for any and all help.

#6821 37 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The long beam opto is a different part from the others.

Thanks, any idea what the part number for the long beam opto is?

I have my BSD fully torn apart and I replaced all the standard optos. In looking at the long range ones they look the same with the exception of a bare silver wire (extra ground?) on the black side and an extra empty black side housing that stacks in front of the black housing, almost like a gun sight. Plus a cardboard cover to prevent shorting along the side rails for both black and white optos. They apparently plug into their own opto board.

Pics below...

IMG-1709 (resized).JPGIMG-1710 (resized).JPGIMG-1711 (resized).JPGIMG-1712 (resized).JPGIMG-1713 (resized).JPGIMG-1714 (resized).JPG
#6824 36 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

According to the manual, the part numbers are the same as the other optos in the game, A-14315 and A-14316.
I also don’t recall having to track down different optos when I tore my game down.

Cool, thanks Dave. I am going to go for the swap out then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside