Topic Stats

• 6,849 posts
  • 572 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TDEX
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190921_225852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190921_225846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190921_225832 (resized).jpg
images (15) (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpg
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpg
fzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpg
54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif
IMG-1714 (resized).JPG
IMG-1713 (resized).JPG
IMG-1712 (resized).JPG
IMG-1711 (resized).JPG
IMG-1710 (resized).JPG
IMG-1709 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6849 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 137.
#1701 5 years ago

Great job from Homepin on the 24 opto board it fixed ALL OF MY ISSUES WITH MIST PERIOD! I am amazed.

Has anyone evey experienced cabinets the are cracking? I was underneath running sub wires and noticed this.

I need to fill with wood putty to keep from getting worse I guess. It is wierd because the rest of the cabinet is in great shape and it has not been wet??

cabinet4.JPG
cabinet4-461.JPG

#1702 5 years ago

You probably want to fill it with glue, not putty. I'd make a general post about that.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You probably want to fill it with glue, not putty. I'd make a general post about that.

You are right I am not great at this forum thing.

#1704 5 years ago

New member here! I finally picked one up but after looking it over this one certainly has some interesting "features" (Ill have to post some pics for you guys). I was wondering if anyone had a set of shop out pictures they would be willing to share with me? I have a feeling some parts may be missing or in the wrong place.

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

New member here! I finally picked one up but after looking it over this one certainly has some interesting "features" (Ill have to post some pics for you guys). I was wondering if anyone had a set of shop out pictures they would be willing to share with me? I have a feeling some parts may be missing or in the wrong place.

I have a BSD shop out guide, send me your email via PM and I'll forward it to you..

Tom

#1706 5 years ago

E-mail received Tom thanks! These club threads show the best of pinside (no drama), thanks guys!

1 week later
#1707 5 years ago

I finally finished mine. Complete with new plastics, custom painted buildings, LEDs and a bit of chrome. I'm not much of an LED fan but the job Cointaker did with BSD was fantastic.

And it's funny to think I didn't care for this game at all until I played it about 20 times. Now, it's in my top three.

image-314.jpg

image-359.jpg image-497.jpg image-65.jpg
#1708 5 years ago

I've currently got BSD's coming out my ass!!

image-338.jpg

image-285.jpg
#1709 5 years ago

Wow, looks amazing!
Whoever you're working on those other BSD's for is going to love it when it's done!

#1710 5 years ago

Beautiful! Why is your Love Never Dies text on the speaker panel black?

Edit: clear? Do tell!

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Beautiful! Why is your Love Never Dies text on the speaker panel black?
Edit: clear? Do tell!

Some previous owner must have tried to clean it with something and it left the white backing all blotchy. It looked like shit so I totally removed it. I actually like it. The flashers really blow you away.

#1712 5 years ago

I got a better looking one on eBay and it had some sticky tape residue on it. I tried using a Goo Gone wipe and it took off the residue and started taking off the white too. I stopped before it became noticeable from the outside. The black there actually looks rather sinister, which obviously works with BSD.

#1713 5 years ago

That's one of those things I would probably love to have on mine, but seeing as how it's not terribly reversible and I don't have an extra speaker panel laying around, I'll just leave it alone.

#1714 5 years ago

After seeing Bryan's BSD I think I have my answer but I'll throw this out there anyway. I'm currently trying to figure out how to finish my BSD. I have a poll up that I'll link below, I'm looking for any and all opinions. The options on the poll are Red Powder Coat, Black Nickel, Chrome, and Other. Any votes and suggestions are appreciated!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-looks-better-on-a-bsd

#1715 5 years ago

I may be joining this club within the week's end....looking forward to joining this thread in the near future!

#1716 5 years ago

I am having an issue with my BSD. When I get Mist Multiball when the ball goes from right to left, the ball will end as soon as lose one ball leaving the other one to just drain. It does not happen when the ball is traveling from left to right. Does anyone know what this can be? I have checked the optos and switches and everything checks out. Very frustrating issue.

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

After seeing Bryan's BSD I think I have my answer but I'll throw this out there anyway. I'm currently trying to figure out how to finish my BSD. I have a poll up that I'll link below, I'm looking for any and all opinions. The options on the poll are Red Powder Coat, Black Nickel, Chrome, and Other. Any votes and suggestions are appreciated!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-looks-better-on-a-bsd

I have been looking for someone to do black nickel. Do you have a source?

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from achtungboyy:

I am having an issue with my BSD. When I get Mist Multiball when the ball goes from right to left, the ball will end as soon as lose one ball leaving the other one to just drain. It does not happen when the ball is traveling from left to right. Does anyone know what this can be? I have checked the optos and switches and everything checks out. Very frustrating issue.

Have you run through the magnet test thoroughly? Let it run several times and watch the status on the dmd to make sure everything is registering properly. Seems like an opto problem.

Could also be a trough switch problem. lots of recent examples in this thread.

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Have you run through the magnet test thoroughly? Let it run several times and watch the status on the dmd to make sure everything is registering properly. Seems like an opto problem.
Could also be a trough switch problem. lots of recent examples in this thread.

Thanks for the tip. I will run the magnet test thoroughly.

#1720 5 years ago

Do they have a P.A. hot line !!!! lol

IMG_0334-617.JPG
#1721 5 years ago

Looking for a HUO, restored, or collector quality BSD. Little or no cabinet fade strongly preferred.

Let me know what you have in terms of price and condition.

#1722 5 years ago

the two on the right are reimports I restored then I got lucky went to look at some pin in a basement . it was a supper nice BSD had to have it./..

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

I have been looking for someone to do black nickel. Do you have a source?

I plan on sending all my stuff to Mike Chestnut. He does amazing work!

#1724 5 years ago

Anyone know a place to get a Red DMD at a good price?

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I thought BSD had a regular DMD but there was a red film in front of it.

Anyway you could try pinbits.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've currently got BSD's coming out my ass!!

Good lord, Bryan. Who put them in your ass?

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from Senegal927:

I thought BSD had a regular DMD but there was a red film in front of it.
Anyway you could try pinbits.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62

That's correct.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I plan on sending all my stuff to Mike Chestnut. He does amazing work!

He does not do black nickel trim pieces. He is not far from me and did all the wireforms, ramps, and gun on my Shadow.

#1729 5 years ago

I did this a few months ago, This is what I got and it looks great:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=164

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=304

#1730 5 years ago

Alternately, if you want to spend a little more and move to LED you can get a red X-PIn

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XP-DMD4096-R

#1731 5 years ago

CPR is asking if there's any interest in a repro BSD playfield. I can't be the only one who owns a BSD who'd be in for a new playfield, so if you'd be into it as well, maybe vote and post in the thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taking-playfield-suggestions

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

CPR is asking if there's any interest in a repro BSD playfield. I can't be the only one who owns a BSD who'd be in for a new playfield, so if you'd be into it as well, maybe vote and post in the thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taking-playfield-suggestions

Go vote now!

BSD playfields would be awesome.

#1733 5 years ago

So I've got a Laseriffic undercab lighting kit that I want to connect to this thing. I think it was designed for a Stern, but shouldn't be that bad to make it work. I need an 18V power source, then would use the flash lamps for the signals to the different colors. Anybody know where I can get 18V or if using the 20V(?) from the flasher circuit would be ok?

#1734 5 years ago

Anyone ever try these out? I see them on EBay all the time but have not seen them on an actual game. ebay.com link » Bsd Dracula Pinball Mod Sideboard Decals

#1735 5 years ago

Actually I have a set here I haven't installed yet. They're nice looking but obviously its hard to say much else until I install them.

#1736 5 years ago

GOT MINE >:O>:O!!!

First_Night.jpg

I got this one from a local club member.

There were three different Pinsiders who left me hanging on here .

#1737 5 years ago

cool glad you picked one up....

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

cool glad you picked one up....

You weren't one of the three. I had ALOT of feelers out there.

#1739 5 years ago

Picture 032-622.jpg

Picture 033-255.jpg

What a great wifey. Already cleaning the pin and we haven't even set it up yet!

Picture 026-670.jpg

Picture 027-852.jpg

Picture 028-109.jpg

Picture 029-675.jpg

Picture 030-706.jpg

Picture 031-969.jpg

#1740 5 years ago

First problem fixed already. Got the skill shot lights in the back to behave.

#1741 5 years ago

Anyone ever try these out? I see them on EBay all the time but have not seen them on an actual game. ebay.com link ยป Bsd Dracula Pinball Mod Sideboard Decals

I have a set installed on my BSD. Very nice quality, highly recommended!

#1742 5 years ago

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I have a set installed on my BSD. Very nice quality, highly recommended!

I
Prefer mirror blades. (Or diamond plated blades if you're choggard)

#1743 5 years ago

Ok dok, I got a question or two.

1. So, whenever I lock a ball in Castle Lock, my machine unloads one ball from the trough into the machine, then after that one is active, it releases the "Locked Castle Ball" and fires it onto the playfield as well. I can let one of the two balls drain, and the game keeps going; it does NOT prematurely end the ball - thank goodness.

I know the diverter is very gummed up and needs to be cleaned. I am just waiting on the coil sleeve and spring to do the job 2 ways: right and once. Any other ideas/areas I should investigate?

2. I have some nasty alignment issues with my coffin ramps where the "flip" ramp and the hard plastic ramp meet. Please see pictures below:

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 040.jpg

This alignment is so off that pretty much zero balls will go up through the coffin habit trail. It totally kills any chance of getting triple stack multiball. Even if the ball does clear the gap, it will roll almost to the switch and STILL roll backwards. So ....

I have read this whole thread up to this point, and I understand there are three circle posts that hold this entrance up, and they are VERY similar in length. Does anyone know the RIGHT orientation of these circular posts? I only want to do this once.

Reference photo of the posts in question. Thank you Pinster68 for this picture:

Circular_Posts.jpg

#1744 5 years ago

hi new pin, on my game the metal wall is on the inside of the ramp wall. your look like it's straight (inline) with the ramp.also the metal looks like it,s ontop of the ramps pivot. joe

#1745 5 years ago

Hey Joe,

So, you're saying that the metal lip of the "flip up/down" ramp overlaps the plastic edge of the hard plastic ramp (the one that eventually leads to a habit trail) ? If so, that sounds right; I just need to get the circular posts in the right place and order.

Does anyone know the orientation of those 3 circular posts?

#1746 5 years ago

Your bigger problem is probably the missing top clear plastic. That post may be too big. The posts in your pic are for holding to coffin, and they go shortest to tallest, front to back. The ones for the ramp may or may not be different sizes.

IMAG0815.jpg
#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Your bigger problem is probably the missing top clear plastic.

Hey AO,

So, I have the clear plastics on their way. A fellow Pinsider makes them, and I was able to snag a set; I am just waiting for it to come in the mail. My understanding is that plastic keeps the ball from going too airborne and ricocheting backwards back down the ramp.

Quoted from aobrien5:

That post may be too big. The posts in your pic are for holding to coffin, and they go shortest to tallest, front to back. The ones for the ramp may or may not be different sizes.

I am a bit confused here. When you say "posts in your pic" - I assume you mean the last picture in my post that was originally Pinster68's? Are there only 3 posts that hold the coffin up?

I noted that my hard plastic coffin ramp is missing anchoring screws - look like 8-32 screws. If so, I am sure that along with missing the clear plastic are two of my problems.

But, I really want to make sure I understand this: how many circular posts hold up the coffin ramp - the hard plastic coffin ramp? I just have a bad feeling someone swapped them for whatever reason. My ball will get nearly to the roll-over switch on the hard coffin ramp and STILL roll backwards. I can't help but believe that someone put the circular posts back in and totally put them in the wrong orientation. I want to go in and fix this if they are in the wrong order.

Keep the help coming guys. I sure do appreciate it! I got more lights working underneath the PF tonight. Also, got the ball launch button to light up again. There was like....bellybutton lint.... or something in the light socket ...

#1748 5 years ago

hi new pin,look thru this thread I think page 22 had some shop out info. the post has a link to shop out pics you can click on to look thru. there is a pic of the posts with the playfield stripped down. p.s. always spit out the bellybutton lint. g.l.joe

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Alternately, if you want to spend a little more and move to LED you can get a red X-PIn
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XP-DMD4096-R

Don't need one for this game. The stock DMD is standard orange/amber. The red film on the speaker panel makes it red.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

My understanding is that plastic keeps the ball from going too airborne and ricocheting backwards back down the ramp.

I am a bit confused here. When you say "posts in your pic" - I assume you mean the last picture in my post that was originally Pinster68's? Are there only 3 posts that hold the coffin up?
I noted that my hard plastic coffin ramp is missing anchoring screws - look like 8-32 screws. If so, I am sure that along with missing the clear plastic are two of my problems.
But, I really want to make sure I understand this: how many circular posts hold up the coffin ramp - the hard plastic coffin ramp? I just have a bad feeling someone swapped them for whatever reason. My ball will get nearly to the roll-over switch on the hard coffin ramp and STILL roll backwards. I can't help but believe that someone put the circular posts back in and totally put them in the wrong orientation. I want to go in and fix this if they are in the wrong order.

Yes about the pastiche and picture reference. There are 6 posts holding the coffin, a pair of each of the sizes in that pic.

There are 3 posts holding the ramp itself, and they may or may not be of different sizes. Hopefully there are some shop pics to help identify those.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlyle, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 6849 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside