Topic Stats

• 7,006 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 141.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just finished the project! it's going straight back to location, where it was back in 2011 only in a dirty half-working state.

Looks good. I guess you got mist working right. Did you replace the opto board or did the new caps fix the problem?

Patiently waiting for the new board to arrice from Austrailia...not really that patient.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

I got a bit carried away when replacing parts and cleaning my BSD. My record keeping wasn't as good as it should have been and my memory is poor as well. I have these parts which I'm not sure where they go. I'm sure someone can help a novice. Many thanks in advance.

My BSD is partially torn down so I can take some pics when I get home from work tonight if nobody beats me to it.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Looks good. I guess you got mist working right. Did you replace the opto board or did the new caps fix the problem?
Patiently waiting for the new board to arrice from Austrailia...not really that patient.

Yeah we fixed the mist motor which needed some adjustment. Not sure why my board is taking so long, the guy who pulled it from his game says he shipped... I'm dying to play it (pun intended)!

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Walmart had these crosses for under $4 each in the auto section and they stick right on.

IMG_0699.JPG 313 KB

IMG_0700.JPG 347 KB

IMG_0701.JPG 335 KB

Picked some of these up the other day, thanks for the recommendation! Look like they should have been on the game to start with

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

My BSD is partially torn down so I can take some pics when I get home from work tonight if nobody beats me to it.

Thanks Jodester, like you I'm waiting for the new Aussie board. Confident this will solve all my mist problems. Just need to put it all back together properly.

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

I got a bit carried away when replacing parts and cleaning my BSD. My record keeping wasn't as good as it should have been and my memory is poor as well. I have these parts which I'm not sure where they go. I'm sure someone can help a novice. Many thanks in advance.

Here they are. The little triangle looking piece fits over the right mist trail opto to the left of the shooter lane.

fr_806.jpgfr_773.jpgfr_816.jpgfr_835.jpg

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Can someone take a picture of the right side near the Mist gate with the castle removed? Specifically I'd like to know what the left side of the gate looks like, what kind of post is there? I assume there is some sort of spacer attached to it to attach to the castle? Mine is missing whatever spacer is supposed to be there, and only has a screw with a rubber post sleeve on it, nothing else, and nothing attached to the castle, so it's very loose with only the lower screw holding it together.

Anyone?

#658 6 years ago

Hope this will help
I have more if needed

IMG_8455.JPG IMG_8454.JPG IMG_8453.JPG
#659 6 years ago

a few more

IMG_8350.JPG IMG_8349.JPG
#660 6 years ago

Nice, thanks Ryan. Any way you can measure that big post that attaches to the building? I need to buy that plus the post it attaches to.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Here they are. The little triangle looking piece fits over the right mist trail opto to the left of the shooter lane.

fr_816.jpg 2 MB

fr_773.jpg 3 MB

fr_806.jpg 3 MB

fr_835.jpg 3 MB

Thanks for everyones's help. I still have one more part I can't identify. A scruffy bit of clear(ish) plastic with two screw holes.

20131010_171131.jpg
#662 6 years ago

pretty sure that goes above the coffin ramp. If you screw it down too tight balls will get hung up on it.

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

pretty sure that goes above the coffin ramp. If you screw it down too tight balls will get hung up on it.

+1

#664 6 years ago

It's Nevada...

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This. I had to actually raise the coffin up because it was pushing the plastic cover too low and hanging balls.

image.jpg
#666 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Any way you can measure that big post that attaches to the building?

It looks about 3.5 inches. (this is from eyeballing with a tape measure with the castle on)

#667 6 years ago

One of the posts is 3.5 inches and the other is 2.5 inches....

Anybody ever order the long opto board from Homepin? I sent the paypal payment Sunday and never got any word from them that the order was received or when it will be shipped...

#668 6 years ago

Surely someone else besides HP has these boards right? Fortunately I was able to get mine going again. I will be selling the old nonworking one for parts if anyone is interested.

Also, someone made some great instruction cards!

image-694.jpg image.jpg
#669 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

It looks about 3.5 inches. (this is from eyeballing with a tape measure with the castle on)

Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody ever order the long opto board from Homepin? I sent the paypal payment Sunday and never got any word from them that the order was received or when it will be shipped...

Great, thanks a lot guys!

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I ordered mine on Sunday too. Had thank you email same day. Said it would be despatched Monday and usually takes 15 days to UK.

#671 6 years ago

Regarding Homepin shiping:

I found a reply from Homepin in my spam box. I hate when that happens. It looks like 3 weeks which is fine...

Thanks Mike for making this product!

#673 6 years ago

I just printed those out on photo glossy myself! Installing them tonight

Quoted from Crash:

Surely someone else besides HP has these boards right? Fortunately I was able to get mine going again. I will be selling the old nonworking one for parts if anyone is interested.
Also, someone made some great instruction cards!

image.jpg 3 MB

image-694.jpg 2 MB

#674 6 years ago

I laminate them with sheets from Wal-Mart. Looks great and they won't wear!

#675 6 years ago

I am using the same cards. They look great...laminated them at work.

1 week later
#676 6 years ago

I was wondering if anyone here can help. I recently got my Dracula machine, love it. It has just started to show the error check switch 58 mystery hole. It seems to work ok, it scores fine,but im not sure if it is supposed to do anything else when you shoot the ball in there, I get I think 100,000 points I believe.The switch has no broken wires, not sure what to look for, and was wondering what else getting the ball in the mystery hole gets you, lol.Thanks..

#677 6 years ago

Mystery hole gives a random reward. I think these are the rewards:
Light Castle Lock
Light Coffin Lock
Light Video Mode (completes V-I-D-E-O)
Advance Bonus X
Extra Ball
Mystery Score (100K to 5M or 20M)

Does the switch test good in test mode? Are you sure it gives you something every time the mystery award is lit?

#678 6 years ago

I got it, switch was showing closed all times, not getting any rewards for shot, took it off, cleaned it out, adjusted the wire actuator and wow, now everything works, mist multi etc, great game, also put in an led strip, blue, under cab and wired to flasher, top right corner, so when drac speaks and thunder rolls, I get a blue lightning effect from under cab , very cool. Thanks for the input...

1 week later
#679 6 years ago

I wanted to leave some positive feedback for Homepin. I was still having problems with mist circuit and they helped me solve the problem. They even sent me a nice "test jig" to test that my long optos were working right. I can happily say that my mist issues are done. Now, if I can only solve the pinball 1 missing error...

#680 6 years ago

I picked up a BSD weeks ago and love it. It is in need of flipper rebuilds the left flipper works great but the right one is weak. My question is some one put the step up coil in the left flipper (stronger by one step) What Flipper coils are you guys running in your machines? Stock or a little stronger one's for the ramps.

Thanks

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

Stock or a little stronger one's for the ramps.

Stock.

#682 6 years ago

I replaced the left with a stock coil too.

#683 6 years ago

And my missing ball error was operator error. You have to put the right number of balls in the game. Seems simple. except to me.

I spoke to soon on the mist multiball issues. It loads and carries a ball in test mode like it's supposed to. When I go to start a game, the ball loads up into the right pocket and stays caught on the magnet for a second or so and then drops against the gate in the pocket. That must drop too far down and cause the gate to drop the ball and they try to reload a new ball in the pocket. I attempted to bend the gate slightly inward but no luck yet.

Any ideas? I may be missing something so simple...

#684 6 years ago

We've yet to play our BSD yet but since it's due to Mist problems I think that counts as a standard hazing ritual to join.

Our BSD spent the start of it's life as a 230 volt machine in Germany.
bsd achtung.jpg

It was definitely on route since there's holes for a lockbar and at some point it apparently had a sign attached to it since there are a series of holes in the cabinet.
bsd cab holes.jpg
Not too bad but sad to think of the life it once had.

At some point it was converted to work in the US, ended up in Florida and then made it to me. Inside, we found, among other items, this nice collection:
bsd surprises.jpg
That's an empty pill bottle on the left and some tin foil on the right. The little bag in the middle has some white residue marks on it. Oh the stories BSD could tell.

No more of that for this poor pin, it will have a simple suburban life now...

#685 6 years ago

Someone was hiding their stash in a pinball game, that's classic.

#686 6 years ago

Here are a few pics of the one I just got a month + ago. Will get a full tear down here shortly and some leds.P1090550.JPGP1090517.JPGP1090492.JPGP1090476.JPGP1090474.JPGP1090472.JPGP1090472.JPGP1090472.JPG

P1090545.JPG
#687 6 years ago

No cab fad but flipper button wear how do you guys fix that so it is not to noticeable? Playfield is really nice and will clean up just great. Polish all the metal, new star posts and she will look great again.

#688 6 years ago

Fixed my mist load error. Pretty easy to use the green led on the Homepin board to see if the optos are being properly lined up with the ball in the pocket.

Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

Here are a few pics of the one I just got a month + ago. Will get a full tear down here shortly and some leds.

Machine looks pretty darned good. Give her a good cleaning and enjoy...

#689 6 years ago

Finally got a BSD. Made a trade with a great pinsider up in Allentown, PA.

Thanks, Jeff!

Looking forward to shopping it out... it plays well already.

#690 6 years ago

Hi all Dracula fiends...

I have just got hold of a BSD, but sadly it has a lamp matrix issue, where in single lamp mode test more than 1 lamp will light.

First off I have noticed that the lamp on the mist multiball magnet is missing a diode, so I guess this is as good a place to start by fitting one.

Could I ask someone who has a BSD please photo the lamp on the magnet so I know where the wires go and the way round the diode goes.

Once I have fitted it I will then see if the fault clears up.

Many thanks Dracula Dudes

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Hi all Dracula fiends...
I have just got hold of a BSD, but sadly it has a lamp matrix issue, where in single lamp mode test more than 1 lamp will light.
First off I have noticed that the lamp on the mist multiball magnet is missing a diode, so I guess this is as good a place to start by fitting one.
Could I ask someone who has a BSD please photo the lamp on the magnet so I know where the wires go and the way round the diode goes.
Once I have fitted it I will then see if the fault clears up.
Many thanks Dracula Dudes

Hope this helps!
20131030_132117[1].jpg

#692 6 years ago

anyone know where i can get lightning flippers? i need a few

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I found some on ebay a week or two ago. Just keep your eyes peeled. They do come up.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Here you go;

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/flipper-with-lightning-bolt-yellow-p-824.html?language=english

There in Europe though, as am I, I just picked some up, and going to fit once I have Drac working...

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Hope this helps!

20131030_132117[1].jpg 3 MB

Awesome job, thanks, I have now fitted the missing diode on that lamp.

Odd thing is since doing that I now have a switch matrix issue, the trough sw & right outlane sw don't work!!

If I meter the white wire from those switches I get nothing so there must be a break.

As if I take a wire and connect the white wire side of those switches down to the next switch in the chain the Mystery they then can be triggered.

Planning to see if I can find the break tonight, if not will run a wire to the Mystery sw.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Here you go;
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/flipper-with-lightning-bolt-yellow-p-824.html?language=english
There in Europe though, as am I, I just picked some up, and going to fit once I have Drac working...

thanks man

#697 6 years ago

I just finished shopping out my new BSD... added in LEDs for the blue and red effect. Came out looking spectacular!

It's a fairly tough machine to shop... gave me a much greater appreciation of it's simple complexities!

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's a fairly tough machine to shop...

I just went thru mine a cleaned it up a little and replaced some bulbs, now the ball gets hung up occasionally in the coffin ramp.

I guess I screwed something up when I reassembled it...but I really don't want to take it apart again. The coffin area is complicated.

Robert

#699 6 years ago

Easy fix... I'll bet you screwed this plastic piece down too tight...

All you have to do is take the back of the coffin off and you can gain access to it. Either loosen it OR add a washer as a spacer.

140706-i.jpg
#700 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

All you have to do is take the back of the coffin off

OK, I'll give that try...just not looking forward to taking the coffin off, as every time I do I think I'll break something in the process.

Thanks.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7006 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 141.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside