DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 600 of 601.
#29951 72 days ago

We will never get anymore code updates... HW ALIEN is dead in that case.
But we will continue to improve the machine and develop a few more things.

#29952 71 days ago

hello community
can someone tell me about the door lighting and the lauch ball if it is 12v?

#29953 71 days ago

All these lamps are part of cabinet I/O-Board and work with 12 volt:

- Start Button
- BuyIn Button (Extra Ball)
- Launch Button (Launch Ball)
- Aux Launch Button
- Coin Door

#29954 71 days ago

thank you averell for this answer

#29955 71 days ago

Is there a coin mechanism for an alien pinball machine door?

#29956 71 days ago
Quoted from enzare45:

Is there a coin mechanism for an alien pinball machine door?

Mine has a coin controls C120 in the door and takes 10/20/50p £1.

#29957 71 days ago

if I understand correctly I would have to find a C120 coin mechanism so that I can install it and it becomes compatible with my alien? Shouldn't it first be programmed by a professional?

#29958 70 days ago

You can order an electronic coin controller that is already set with the right values for 0,50 - 1,00 - 2,00 Euros or Dollar.
But take care, the wiring is not included and must ordered separately.

Most players use a COMESTRO RM5 HD.
It can simply connected to P19 on the Powerdriver.
All the other settings can be done in the service menu of the machine.
I gave some recommendations for the settings in the Rulesheet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

DSCN7702 (resized).JPGDSCN7702 (resized).JPG

DSCN7703 (resized).JPGDSCN7703 (resized).JPG

#29959 70 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

We will never get anymore code updates... HW ALIEN is dead in that case.
But we will continue to improve the machine and develop a few more things.

I was going to say, code update lol.

#29960 70 days ago

I would like to order the wiring also for the comestero group RM5 HD I don't know what type of wiring and its name? and where can I order it?

#29961 68 days ago

hello I wanted to let the community know that I found a Comestero group RM5 HD coin mechanism for pinball but it is without the wiring? I don't know where to find it at all? someone we may have 1en + Averell maybe you have an idea? Thank you for your answers

#29962 68 days ago

You need this:

10-pin ribbon cable for AVR Dragon / Atmel / JTAG interface / cable.
Technical details
Length: 80cm, 90cm, 100cm
2 post sockets 10-pin (2 x 5 sockets)
Socket pitch: 2.54 mm
Cable pitch: 1.27 mm

https://www.amazon.de/Flachbandkabel-Pfostenbuchsen-10-polig-Atmel-Programmer/dp/B00WT1SRO4/ref=sr_1_1

#29963 68 days ago

thank you very much averell I am very happy

#29964 68 days ago

Hello,

here's the latest revision 1.3 of the Rulesheet for our beloved ALIEN - enjoy.

Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.3_2024-02-20_18-32-11.pdfRulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.3_2024-02-20_18-32-11.pdf

#29965 67 days ago

hello averell
thank you for everything, I still had version 1.2 cool 1.3
everything is controlled, the ribon cable and the RM5 HD coin mechanism

#29966 67 days ago

hi
can someone give me
a USB cable reference that I could install in Alien in exchange for the origins I would like to exchange the 4

#29967 67 days ago

Is it necessary to change the original power supply unit as well as I heard?
knowing that I have several mods installed on it? the tracker mod, mini beacon mod, the apron, illuminated, speaker lighting, LED added 50cm

#29968 67 days ago

It is recommended to use a stronger more powerful power supply.

Something like this... for 12 Volts only!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07F2939RR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#29969 67 days ago

ok it's cool I ordered I will receive it tomorrow

#29970 66 days ago

Take care if you swap the power supply, don't mess the wiring or you will damage the powerdriver.
Use the recommended coil settings in the rulesheet at section 13.1.5.
And gain the other power supply for the coils up to 67 Volts as recommended in the rulesheet at section 13.1.5.1.

I have added section 18 Troubleshooting where you will find some advice if you have strange behavior during gameplay.

#29971 65 days ago
Quoted from Averell:Ah, now I understand... if you use the original plastics - first batch or later - doesn't matter, just use Cliffy's.
They protect the plastics and guide the balls in the right way.
I swapped to PET-G and even so use these Cliffy's.

@averell,

So I am just getting around to this. So will the cliffy's I have posted here fix the ball jumpage just because of the little notch?

Alien-Lane-Protector (resized).jpgAlien-Lane-Protector (resized).jpg
#29972 65 days ago

These parts are there to ensure that the acrylic plastics of the ramps do not break when the balls impact them.
The difference in the notch is due to the production period, there were early devices where this was different. You have to compare this beforehand.
But it's better to have plastics made of PET-G.

#29973 61 days ago

hi
I come back after several attempts for my remestro RM5 coin mechanism which I installed correctly with the ribbon connect but which I cannot configure in the corner audit menu of the pinball machine

IMG_20240226_164626 (resized).jpgIMG_20240226_164626 (resized).jpgIMG_20240226_165852 (resized).jpgIMG_20240226_165852 (resized).jpg
#29974 61 days ago

counter at zero when I insert 1 coin of 0.50€ it marks 0/5 credit then 2× 0.50€ it marks 2/5 credit nothing happens by pressing star off button, following when I insert 2€ it scores 12/5 credit when I press star to start the game it scores 2/5 credit, end of the game counter resets to zero.

IMG_20240227_145242 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_145242 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_145847 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_145847 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_145955 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_145955 (resized).jpg
#29975 61 days ago

This is what I have on my menu?
Is this right? Averell
thanks for helping me Averell I'm lost

IMG_20240227_155827 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155827 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155836 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155836 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155842 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155842 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155848 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155848 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155854 (resized).jpgIMG_20240227_155854 (resized).jpg
#29976 61 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello,
here's the latest revision 1.3 of the Rulesheet for our beloved ALIEN - enjoy.
[quoted image]

Thank you Averell !
Printout arrived today from the printer.

IMG_2529 (resized).jpgIMG_2529 (resized).jpgIMG_2530 (resized).jpgIMG_2530 (resized).jpg
#29977 61 days ago

enzare45

Now you must setup these settings...

#29978 60 days ago

Hoping to get some help from the Alien gods. Just acquired a heighway machine. When I flip the right Flipper the leds along the bottom (special, scream, again etc) all flash random colours, but only when pressing the right Flipper. I removed the board, changed all the leds to new ones, made sure they weren't lose, still have the same problem. Tried swapping the little blue I/o board, same problem. Then I tightened everything I can think of. If I unplug the solenoid and press the Flipper button the issue stops, so am thinking vibration issue or power issue?

I'm stumped. Only other thing is the black bottom PCB. Does anyone even sell those anymore?

Thanks in advance.

#29979 60 days ago

hi
Can someone tell me what connector was intended for connecting the obtic lightning mods ramps fiber in the past? is it still possible to install them on the ramps?
thank you for your answers I have been so addicted to this machine since 2018

#29980 60 days ago

At eagle15:

That's not an issue, but a mistake by design. All Heighway's have the same problem here. But you can try to swap the wiring from the left flipper to the left slingshot and change the setting in the service menu.
This should prevent annoying beeps in the speakers and decrease malfunctional behavior of the LED in that area.
Look at the rulesheet at the adjustments for the coil settings at position 52 on page 49.
If you swap the wiring as described you must switch the setting at position 52 to ON.
Another possible solution could be to insert diodes in the wiring, but I have no experience so far.
But I know that Heighway use diodes on the powerdriver and all coils itself have none!
Maybe we have to take a closer look in comparison to Williams and others.

#29981 60 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

At eagle15:
That's not an issue, but a mistake by design. All Heighway's have the same problem here. But you can try to swap the wiring from the left flipper to the left slingshot and change the setting in the service menu.
This should prevent annoying beeps in the speakers and decrease malfunctional behavior of the LED in that area.
Look at the rulesheet at the adjustments for the coil settings at position 52 on page 49.
If you swap the wiring as as described you must switch the setting at position 52 to ON.
Another possible solution could be to insert diodes in the wiring, but I have no experience so far.
But I know that Heighway use diodes on the powerdriver and all coils itself have none!

Thank-you, will give this a try!

#29982 59 days ago

I had and still have problems sometimes with the balls being reflected from the shooting lane back into the ball trough.
Decreasing coil power between 15-20 % is working but then sometimes a ball would get stuck between the edge of the ball trough mount and the wooden edge of the playfield.
I did some tests and redesigned the ball trough bracket and printed the part in PET-G with 100% infill.
I'll check later tonight to see if it works or not.
The improvement is the flattened edge on the right side.

#29984 55 days ago

If I enter a high score, I will lose it the next time I start the game. looking for a problem with the battery?

#29985 55 days ago

The latest revision 1.3 of the Rulesheet can be downloaded at IPDB.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6419

#29986 55 days ago
Quoted from May:

If I enter a high score, I will lose it the next time I start the game. looking for a problem with the battery?

I think so ... I have the same problem. A highscore is saved .... days, weeks, month later I play and all HS are resett. I guess the battery has a very small contact problem ...

#29987 55 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

At eagle15:
If you swap the wiring as described you must switch the setting at position 52 to ON.

I tried this and no difference. The flickering is only on the right Flipper, not the left. Any other ideas? Thanks.

#29988 55 days ago

No ideas and don't try to use shotkey diodes at the coils - as a result you will damage an IO-Board!
Leave it as it is like all the other ALIEN users do.

#29989 55 days ago

I would like to announce that we are in the process of examining the IOBoard V1.4B in more detail and will use the findings to make a few improvements in order to produce these boards again.
At the moment we are in the process of reworking the top and bottom layers so that the boards can be installed and used immediately without having to solder bridges to the transistors afterwards.
I think we need a few days to prepare a prototype version.
If ready we will produce and check the new board and later start with a limited batch of boards.

By the way, I can now also confirm that there is a revision 1.4C... it is the 1.4B with the bridged resistors.
This can be seen from the BOM of the IOBoardV1.4C_Hack Sheet, where the relevant area is highlighted.
I'm saying that the thing with the 0 ohms didn't work, the bridges were added later and it stayed that way.

Excerpt from the KICAD-BOM

And the change

#29990 54 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

I would like to announce that we are in the process of examining the IOBoard V1.4B in more detail and will use the findings to make a few improvements in order to produce these boards again.
At the moment we are in the process of reworking the top and bottom layers so that the boards can be installed and used immediately without having to solder bridges to the transistors afterwards.
I think we need a few days to prepare a prototype version.
If ready we will produce and check the new board and later start with a limited batch of boards.
By the way, I can now also confirm that there is a revision 1.4C... it is the 1.4B with the bridged resistors.
This can be seen from the BOM of the IOBoardV1.4C_Hack Sheet, where the relevant area is highlighted.
I'm saying that the thing with the 0 ohms didn't work, the bridges were added later and it stayed that way.
Excerpt from the KICAD-BOM
[quoted image]
And the change
[quoted image]

We're not worthy.......also.....Dibs on first for list of boards!!!!! lol

zKszZMu.gifzKszZMu.gif
#29991 54 days ago

This is very good news for the IO board 1.4c card, I'm waiting to see what happens next, in any case, well done

#29992 54 days ago

Is your coin controller now working properly?

#29993 53 days ago

hello averell
Thank you for checking on my coin mechanism, I haven't been able to configure it, can't change the value of the coins after several tries? even with the rule sheet when I am in it to modify I do not have access? I don't understand ? I don't want that? maybe I'm doing it wrong? another more detailed solution so as not to make a mistake myself?

#29994 53 days ago

in any case good idea for the support of the ball tray redesign in PET-G I also had the same problem with the ball I thought a problem with the level of the game board? or pinball?
I no longer have a problem for the moment.... I am interested in the part if it proves effective. well done

#29995 53 days ago

You first have to change the Pricing Type to Custom.
Then there's a new section available where you have to setup the values for the counter.
Use the same values from the rulesheet and you will have:

0,50 Cent - 1 Credit
1,00 Euro - 2 Credits
2,00 Euro - 5 Credits

#29996 53 days ago

It's ok for the coin mechanism it works it's configured thank you you are the best Averell.

an anomaly has occurred, the left lower and upper left pinball machine no longer works

#29997 53 days ago
Quoted from enzare45:

It's ok for the coin mechanism it works it's configured thank you you are the best Averell.
an anomaly has occurred, the left lower and upper left pinball machine no longer works

Check fuses on the main board by coin box. Mine had several incorrect amp ones installed from factory.

#29998 52 days ago

Hello
I checked the fuses on the card, all ok I think before starting I had already checked and when reassembling it is possible that there was 1 which did not make contact?
now it works no problem.
thank you community it's cool.

#29999 52 days ago

Has it ever happened to any of you, in the middle of a game of aliens, that the left and right drummers stopped working until the end of the 3-ball game? It's rare, but it's happened 3 times in 6 years.
Then I turn the pinball machine off and on again, and it works again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 600 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.