zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budroosker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8285 7 years ago

A few of the features were out, it's hard to beat the theme and A/V on it is very cool (INMHO).

My unsolicited comment would be the fact that the big 27 LCD screen was a mirror. You could so much more atmospherically could be done with different content on the big screen. Such as shock scares that dare you to look away from the playfield screen.

You could use the playfield LCD to direct you using the motion scanner to the correct ramp as a backup to the playfield LCD lighting.

4 months later
#11327 7 years ago

I may have missed it in this thread, but at some point are we going to see hi-res images of the add-ons for Alien on the Heighway pinball site versus placeholder images? As some add-ons are cosmetic in nature, a picture is worth a thousands words and a video is better.

(my comment excludes the beacons which have been addressed before)

#11435 7 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

I may have missed it in this thread, but at some point are we going to see hi-res images of the add-ons for Alien on the Heighway pinball site versus placeholder images? As some add-ons are cosmetic in nature, a picture is worth a thousands words and a video is better.
(my comment excludes the beacons which have been addressed before)

Quoted from violinfather:

Any photos of fibre optic ramps on this pin?

Good Question

2 weeks later
#11972 7 years ago

You are forgetting Big Trouble in Little China! How could you!

steamed (resized).pngsteamed (resized).png

2 months later
#14144 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#15406 6 years ago

Yes I did

4 weeks later
#15685 6 years ago

They Mostly come in the afternoon, mostly. Many thanks to Melissa @ cointaker who has been cheery and extremely helpful given a tough situation.

Alien_ST (resized).JPGAlien_ST (resized).JPG

#15702 6 years ago

You would get the playfield and side panel art in a crate so you could switch out games.

For Full Throttle it may require a ZBox cpu to be compatible with future games (? last I heard).

#15761 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Need a re-review of Alien from a recent owner. People aren't going to start buying in quantity unless they hear that any lighting or xeno head issues have been resolved.

Both are working great in mine.

I would suggest getting an external powered subwoofer because the one in the machine doesn't do it justice. However, it could just be I am configuring something wrong.

#15763 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

daudioguy specifically did the audio so it would have extra pizzazz with an external subwoofer.

Does anyone have a good but on the cheap suggestion for an external subwoofer to buy?

2 weeks later
#16112 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This whole thread is in a Groundhog Day loop.
BEGIN
10 YAY Alien Pinball
20 Everything is fine
:

Quoted from way2wyrd:

This one compiles
5 CLS
10 PRINT "YAY Alien Pinball"
140 GOTO 10

Remember to rewind your Vic20 tape drive after loading.

1 week later
#16388 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK thanks. I really just want those beacons.....wonder how much they would be sep. Def get them if they are interactive with game.

They were a $220 option early on priced directly from the Heighway website. You would have to ask Melissa how much they are now.

Interactive...

Quoted from budroosker:

On Power up then cycle for a while
On Attract the cycle when going through the videos on the first part
On Loader Battle
Haven't hit the all out war or self destruct in a while I'll have to watch for it
I read somewhere else they are coding for them to come on more.
They really aren't overwhelming and are not over done.

#16395 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The new update sounds fantastic as well, as I know the team has been hard at work to get everything just perfect.

1. How have you heard the update?
2. When is it conservatively scheduled for release if you know?

#16398 6 years ago

From Heighway Facebook Page
Alien V0.99 (available later this month)

Later this month is now last month. (why I asked)

I guess I took "sounds fantastic" too literally! My bad, hoping for some inside info there. It does sound (as in how it was portrayed and not, I heard it and it's excellent!) great, hence my anticipation. Conclusion unjumped.

#16399 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta love that on the 1st of the month

1st and 15th.

#16401 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks but would

Thanks but would they interact with the game?

Yep

1 week later
#16518 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have you heard anything about the process for upgrading software? 1.0 has been out for almost a week, no?

Heighway Pinball
September 6 at 6:40am ·
We are sorry to inform you that software V0.99 will not be available. Our developers are so fast that we will instead put at least V1.0 on all machines. We will offer an update for existing machines later.

#16601 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Just out of curiosity, what software update are you looking for?

1 week later
#16786 6 years ago

I received the new miniPC and dropped it in and I am now running 1.0.

One thing I can say from a hardware stand point the sound output of the miniPC versus Zotac is much better. So bonus there.

#16788 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's great to hear. Just curious are you located in the US or abroad? Sounds like they just mailed you the new minipc and you receive one of the original Alien pins? Experience better thus far?

I haven't really put the new code through the paces, but I was doing well to begin with. I expect for me it will just amount to the changes in ruleset, sounds, and video clips that will be the difference (in regards to experience). Yes i'm in the U.S. (see avatar) and I have a later pin.

#16791 6 years ago

You mean you haven't seen avatar?

He asked if I was in the U.S. I was saying look at the location info to the right of my picture.

#16793 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

FYI, your location says "Unknown, captain!"

Well I guess my privacy setting is set. My bad!

2 weeks later
#17180 6 years ago

Around 1:12 on you can see it is more quadrant based then exact shot. That last shot vent 3 while you are in multi ball is tough. Shots that will count as one shot will show as a dot.

1 week later
#17584 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The next (probably) code release will add support for adjusting coil strengths.

This is Great to Hear!

#17819 6 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

After looking at the layout under the playfield you can see that there are 3 I/O boards (on Full Throttle at least, not sure on Alien but looks like 3 also from the only under playfield pic I could find) These I/O boards run the whole board that they are connected to.

There are four I/O boards 1-3 are under the playfield. C is in the bottom of the cabinet. The switch test will tell you which one does what.

#17852 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Still, if this was going to be added on later as an option, I don't know how I could do it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

1 month later
#19051 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

1. When I hit the left flipper or hold the flipper I hear a loud constant squeal or high pithed sound from beneath the playfield. The right flipper doesn’t do it. Additionally l, it slightly messes with some of the colors on the inserts that are lit.

2. When I hit the right flipper there is no squeal or constant sound (so that’s good) however, anytime I hit the flipper or hold it, the inserts on the playfield, all over, go crazy and change colors rapidly. Additionally it lights up certain inserts that aren’t on and flashes different colors.
Here is the video link of the issue:

I/O software update (when available) is supposed to fix these I have been told. Contact support.

#19180 6 years ago

try the side

3 weeks later
#19518 6 years ago

Ask Helmut for a code base image versus an update file. You can load it by using a Ubuntu bootable flash drive. He can help you out.

[email protected]

#19611 6 years ago

Update on I/O drivers will hopefully fix this one soon->

Quoted from WeirPinball:

High pitched sound when I hold the left flipper.

Also, I don't if anyone noticed this, but if you have EL Blades I would move the power supply to back right corner of the cabinet away from all the backbox harnesses. I noticed some hum from power supply through the speakers and then moved it and it went away. (make sure to ground it still!)

If you don't have EL Blades get em.

4 weeks later
#20108 6 years ago

Are those return ramps you received new ones that stop the ball jump issue? I can't tell as the thing I want to see is on the other side of them.

ramps (resized).pngramps (resized).png

#20110 6 years ago

I believe that is exactly what they are supposed to help

Good News! Can you provide an update after you run them through the wringer?

2 months later
#21451 5 years ago
Quoted from Skuggemannen:

While the fan is loaded with shit, it is somewhat hard to have a discussion about technical details, parts and experiences for those who actually received Alien here. Do we have a thread for that anywhere?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

2 weeks later
#22149 5 years ago

Attention Alien owners
Final code is now available.

Can someone download and please put the code anywhere but Facebook.

2 months later
#22646 5 years ago

One of the best features is you can take a drink of beer while the mode videos play

1 week later
#22749 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Kills the mood IMO.

I agree with this. EL blades are a must. Too much light and you are doing tunnel hunt in a football stadium.

1 month later
#23057 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#23388 5 years ago

In regards to noise. I replaced mine with belt driven instead of the gear driven. Absolutely silent now. I got lucky and bought from Ebay to have an extra and it turned out to be belt driven.

ebay.com link: Emergency Light Rotator Warning Light Strobe light for factory workshop LTE 1101

The top itself screws on instead of having the three screws. That is one way to tell they are these type. Plus in the listings pictures you can see it is a belt.

2 months later
#23640 5 years ago

Just check the manual.

manual (resized).jpgmanual (resized).jpg

1 week later
#23677 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the non-teardrop ramps lower slats (see red arrows)? I am sick of the ball falling out of there and having cardboard jammed in.

parts (resized).pngparts (resized).png
7 months later
#25122 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm sure this has been discussed many times on this thread, but where have you SE owners find your beacon lights? Simple installation?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3812255

I like these because they are belt driven (absolutely silent, if I am sending you the correct link! )

ebay.com link: Emergency Light Rotator Warning Light Strobe light for factory workshop LTE 1101

Yellow /12v DC)

I wouldn't say simple. Simpler if you go loose wire/magnet route. I drilled the metal like Libtech

#25161 4 years ago

I wanted to point that this community has made this thread hit 25k+ posts and is still active, and that is impressive. Also, Alien is great.

1 week later
#25251 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The idea was to reproduce the knocker assy, so I took the bracket from the shooter lane which is the same.
You can use these bracket as spare for the shooter lane or to rebuild the omitted knocker assy in the cabinet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is the idea here to supplement the software replay sound with an actual knocker? Is it in the code to do so? Where would you connect it?

4 weeks later
#25410 4 years ago

loader battle, queens nest, self destruct (I think?) and in attract mode for a brief period. Get the belt driven ones otherwise they are loud.

It is not overwhelming and totally is worth it.

2 months later
#25849 4 years ago

For some reason I like the harsh bad weld dilapidated ramps it came with. LV-426 abandoned outpost subject to moisture. It seems right. Also hit from seismic charges. Must have been a hell of a fight.

3 weeks later
#25903 4 years ago

1: Look at other alien posts in forums. Adjust the small screw on the xeno board with jewelers screwdriver and/or you may need to tilt the head back to clear the targets. Need a better down the gullet picture to be sure.

2. Check the the trough connectors. Take the balls out and one by one switch test. If that is fine then put all the balls in the trough and wiggle the connectors. See if it wigs out on you. (realized you probably can't do this second thing because of the issue you are having)

3 weeks later
#26014 4 years ago

Just got my acrylic panels in and wondering where we ended up on the best configuration of the LED strip in the back box. I've seen conflicting results and patterns.

4 months later
#26937 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do you guys find it necessary to lube up the siren lights? My left one is acting all weird and slow. THinking maybe a little bit of lube will help.

Get the belt driven ones. Completely silent. My link doesn't work any more but I am sure they are out there still.

#26939 3 years ago

I have a full throttle sticker on mine

1 week later
#27082 3 years ago

I just changed out the amp that came with it (early run) and it is ridiculous. The Bass sweep on derelict ship is my favorite. If I turn the volume above 3 now the machine would shake apart.

#27147 3 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

One thing that seems interesting about my pin (to me anyway) is that it was a prototype that has the backlit blades. It's all been upgraded so it is black like a standard edition but with the lit blades. It's not something I think the previous owner added as it has a limited history and I don't recall him mentioning it.

This was an option on the original order sheets. I ordered my standard that way. Another person I know did it also. i did that because I looked for the El blades online and ordering them from them was cheaper than doing it yourself. The 27' back box monitor was actually an option in the beginning also. Both were a no-brainer to me.

#27149 3 years ago

I don't remember ever seeing the Fiber Optic Lighting. I think they bailed on that didn't they?

2 weeks later
#27341 3 years ago

I trained myself to see the button flashing and use the audio queues and when its pistol I just hit it because who doesn't want to advance to 2X?

Shotgun I save and if Ambush is within 2 xenos you can hit activate the ambush and do a ball save.

The smart gun like he said I use it when I have an impossible shot left.

All others I never checked what it does so I just hit it. Good to know about flamethrower. I will use that now.

Changing using extra ball button? Not so much for me.

1 week later
#27491 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello guys,
as I said some weeks ago, here are the new Cliffy's for the shooter lane.

Are you seeing any issues? I would like to get this, but not if there are shooter lane rejects or any odd effects because the side was wood (more malleable hence cushioning) instead of metal. I did the go to fix and put black duct tape on the side.

The shooter lane was my only real problem because of multiple misfires and also rejects down back into the trough.

3 years later
#29833 4 months ago

I did try and search for this and didn't come across a post that addressed it. I have a hyperactive 3-5 right outline thing happening. It just keeps firing even when I go into switch mode with the playfield up and no balls in. It'll be fine and then freak out and keep firing. Usually right after startup for the first few games.

Anyone have any ideas?

#29835 4 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Check the target switches in front of the Xeno, sometimes they get stucked.
And check the balls if they are magnetized, the CPU gets mad of interference.

It is actually specifically switch 3-5 for the right outline that is firing. Also in regards to magnetized balls, this happens with no balls on the field. Pulled the board and reseated the inductor. Will try moving it to another spot and see if it is the socket or the inductor itself.

#29837 4 months ago

Following up: I moved it to the other side (left outlane) it started doing the same thing there. So ordered 6 of them and will replace.

Adding some keywords for Google search>> inductive switch alien. (I am not going to post site URLs until I get the parts and can confirm)

If you search on that a bunch of stuff is available. When I successfully get the parts I will update the post. (you never know legit or not sites)

Added 105 days ago:

Received the inductor switches and the first one worked great! Leaving the URL for posterity https://www.free-play.se/en/game-specific-parts/heighway-pinball/

3 months later
#29971 25 days ago
Quoted from Averell:Ah, now I understand... if you use the original plastics - first batch or later - doesn't matter, just use Cliffy's.
They protect the plastics and guide the balls in the right way.
I swapped to PET-G and even so use these Cliffy's.

@averell,

So I am just getting around to this. So will the cliffy's I have posted here fix the ball jumpage just because of the little notch?

Alien-Lane-Protector (resized).jpgAlien-Lane-Protector (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budroosker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=budroosker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.