• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5828 3 years ago

That would be messed up, I cant believe Aurich would do something like that

#5863 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well why would you? Because the "minion's" idol fed him that story? To (gasp) create drama? I don't have an axe to grind with either party but how would ANYONE know if this story is true? Because someone said so?
It just seems designed to create drama IMO.

Let me clarify. When I say I can't belief Aurich would do that, i literally mean I don't believe he did it. Sorry if my wording was confusing.

1 month later
#6502 2 years ago

I just went to Cointaker and they have no information on Aliens. Is the pricing going to be similar to Full Throttle?

1 month later
#6858 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

sadly its probably a piece of paper sitting a Fox bean counters desk ready to be signed

So user Amendes, is a bean counter lol.

3 weeks later
#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Knowledge is power and educated people can learn or remain naive. And I didn't create any dirt.

Man, you are REALLY pissed at Aurich lol

1 week later
#7188 2 years ago

Coming along nicely!

#7206 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

left bullseye insert still doesnt line-up with the green stand-up target like the right one does.

Let it go man.

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yeah, but that's because the stand-up target is not centered in the playfield hole, the stand-up could be moved a little to the left.

I think the playfield should be moved to the right.

2 weeks later
#7460 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have been convinced for a long time that the money is coming in from other hobbies. Anyone who can afford a jet ski can afford a pinball machine. Anyone who can afford a trail bike can afford a pinball machine. The markets for those two things alone are many multiples of the pinball market. Those guys are still waking up to the fact that they can even buy a pinball machine.

You described me to a "T". Sand rails, quads, UTVs, boats, but owning a pinball machine never crossed my mind until Metallica came along. There is money out there for sure.

3 weeks later
#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Likely just a spoof... you can make an email look like it originated from a 'from:' address trivially. If it actually originated from their mailserver.. then you need worry about being compromised.
This would be a phishing scam... and the sad thing about it, it probably originated inside the pinball community

Now we know why KISS code has not been updated!

#8092 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks pretty bad ass... a little hard to get an idea of gameplay but generally it looks like a fun pin, not revolutionary in ruleset (AFAICT) but totally solid, LOTS of focus on the LCD in the playfield. Definitely a cool feature

How in the heck are you who able to determine the ruleset based on this video lol.

#8345 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Andrew
I am neither a coward or anonymous. My name is Kim Mitchell and I have been posting under the Mr68 handle for a decade now. I am well know in the community and the industry.
I think you should answer those allegations or prepare to let them fester.

Buy it or don't. Only thing he owes anybody is a game of they paid for it!!! Have you bought one? If not, re-read the second sentence.

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's a tip for all of you keyboard gang banger's. Acting tough on the internet doesn't always work out.
Aurich posted that comment about a month ago along with the usual trash he speaks about me. I didn't retaliate on Pinside or say anything with macho posturing in return. I remained silent to his taunt while his fan boys clicked the thumbs up for him.
Friday early evening at Expo, I happen to see Aurich in the Exhibit Hall. He was about 30 feet away from me talking with a friend. I didn't care he had a buddy with him and I was to face him on my own. I didn't hesitate for a moment and went straight over to Aurich and stepped up on him. I called him a lair and an asshole to his face exactly as he called me out to do.
Aurich back-peddled a step, put his open hands up in the air and said "I'm not talking to you, Kim" and I bitched him out some more.
Nobody got touched, it was over fairly quickly and it didn't go well for Aurich. His friend in my peripheral vision seem dumbfounded and must of thought me crazy and maybe I am. Aurich disappeared after that and I never saw him again.
I doubt Aurich will call anybody out on the internet ever again but if he does you, be sure to look him up.
Prediction: Aurich will reply to my comment here with his usual story of how he has me blocked and cant read but he somehow reads me anyway. Then of course, he will tell a much different version.
I don't care what story he tells or what you guys believe. I know and Aurich knows what happened and that's all that matters to me.

Oh yea, forgot you have an axe to grind. Like a kid who has a tantrum, do ya feel better?

1 week later
#8817 2 years ago

The CPU upgrade needs to be the exact same dollar amount, if not less than what Heighway pays. How far out is game three? If Aliens requires a CPU upgrade in 2.5 years, do FT buyers get hammered again?

#8819 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A low end ITX or mATX motherboard, probably 4GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, an i3 processor, a PSU and probably a new SSD, plus cables is probably the extent of the changes, and shouldn't cost Heighway more than ~£350 in the kind of bulk they'll buy them. Probably well under £300 in fact.
So even if it's not free, and rather at cost, it should be significantly cheaper to upgrade than many of the optional upgrades on Alien, for example.

Regardless, this isn't a FT upgrade, it's required for FT adopters to run Alien. In reality, this should be a no cost upgrade if the FT owners buy Alien.

#8822 2 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

It's not unprecedented...

Not the same. AFAIK, Heighway has built its burgeoning business on playfield interchangability. Im not aware that they ever said, buy FT, then you will require $$$ to run pin# 2. Then in 2.5 years, both aliens and FT have to buy an upgraded CPU to run pin #3, and so on.

I understand the need to upgrade as they are new to this, but if they attempt to make even $1 off FT buyers so they can run more playfields, it wont be pretty. IMO

1 week later
#9107 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, in order to have an opinion on pinball art, I need to go out and convince a pinball company to give me a 2nd job I don't need or want?
Okeedokeee
Sorry, regardless of whether I want to or am capable of doing your job or not...I'm a potential customer. These are my opinions as a potential customer. Why do I need a more nuanced opinion other than "This looks unappealing" ? Again, I'm not the only one with this opinion...sales will tell the truth.

I'm purely just talking about art, though. Game of Thrones was a popular theme but the reaction to the art was overwhelmingly negative. I'm a GOT fan and a Steve Ritchie fan, but the art alone made the game a hard pass for me.

Shows what you know, GoT seems to be liked and regarded as a pretty darn good game.

If I didn't know better, and maybe I don't, you seem to be a Kaneda lackey. Gotta chime in every time with your nuanced and obviously, in your mind, correct "opinion". We get it, you don't like Aliens, you don't like FT, you don't like the art and you dont like Heighway.

Move on already, sheesh.

#9172 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you don't have the time/energy for discovery.. then let other people do it and write rulesheets (its how everyone does it anyway) and is no different from what you have now.
Joe is talking about not just dumping the full knowledge out. It does take away from the discovery and fun people have from exploring the game. This concept is the same in so many places... who wants to know the conclusion and details before they even start the story?

Well, you dont have to read the rule sheet if you dont want to. I have one game and I am glad I know the rule set. It helps me focus on different goals, so I can put those goals together and get some decent scores. Like he said, it makes the game more enjoyable. When I buy a new car, or a new whatever, I like to have the owners manual to ensure Im getting the most out of it. Some people dont read the owners manual and never full understand what they have bought.

Again, If Alien releases a full rulesheet, great for people like me, and great for people like you, who dont have to read it. Win Win!

1 month later
#9636 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

As far as I know this was the initial idea but did never make it to the prototype. The alternative was the Queen's chamber as we know it now, but that also does not make it to production as it will be replaced by something that will be revealed by Heighway in the very near future.

Revealing!!

1 month later
#10329 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

At first I didn't like the look of the playfield ....the bare wood pic without all the hardware.
I have to say with the hardware, LCD's, It looks Excellent! Great job everyone...well done!

Talk about judging a game early lol.

#10372 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

EDIT: you are not being nice and you are uninformed

Probably not verified yet, so he has not had to fall in line and be nice.

1 week later
#10564 2 years ago

Why does Robt hate Heighway?

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Some people come across in this thread as if they are lurking, waiting to pounce at the slightest imperfection in the process...that's the issue "some" people may have.
Nobody is getting scammed by Heighway. Nobody is forcing you to put money down on a game either. Constructive comments are great but the same old clan of people that maybe have been burned by pre-orders or ?something keep popping up to create drama.
The game's late but does exist obviously. They were a bit disorganized with a few refunds but that's getting sorted out. They have commented on the art, they listened to the airlock hubbub, they have changed as many tiny things on the game as can be reasonably changed. The head of the company actually visits the forum and talks to you...and still people bitch.
We are still talking about buying a big toy essentially right? That's supposed to be fun. I think the company has been verified enough to relax slightly. It's really not that serious, all things considered planetarily speaking these days.

Exactly, I hadnt realized that RobT was in, then out of Alien. So it seems in his mind, if he has made the decision to get out he is going to bring up inane and redundant questions in an effort to get others to bail as well. So yea, mean spirited comes to mind rather than spiteful. I personally no longer think RobT is asking questions for the betterment of the pin community, now hes just sour grapes for whatever reason.

Didnt I ask a while back why RobT hated Heighway and bagged on them all the time. Well, still wondering and RobT is still bagging on em.

4 weeks later
#11653 2 years ago

Leave the You have Failed. Because, you just did. You are on a mission, a failed mission.

#11738 2 years ago

Never mind!!

#11930 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd love to see something a little more creative with the fiber optics, we have seen solid colours and flashes back on TRON
Apart from on the Nostromo I can't remember many fully functional lights in either Alien or Aliens, it would be awesome if you start out and they function 100% and as you progress into the game if the ramps could pulse and flicker - almost as if the game is deteriorating as the environments do in the films once shit hits the fan.
Then again I wouldn't mind this feature on the entire games lighting. And we need red GI (can't remember if Aline has RGB GI) during ambush just finished watching Aliens again and the lighting during the ambush and Hudsons last scene pure adrenaline inducing!

I think this is a great suggestion! Nice shiny ship slowly goes dark and dirty..

2 weeks later
#12406 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

LE schmellee (had to rhyme it, lol). All the significant (#) pin releases have regularly been available on the used market and this one won't be any different. Plus, and this will really bake your noodle (sidebar: there's another great theme ), imo, Heighway would be crazy to have not set up similar licensing potential to what JJP does. If the demand is there (so many here are gaga for the pin and it's a great theme) can you say future Hudson edition, Bishop edition, Nostromo edition?

After all that has happened with Kulek, jpop, and now probably DP, I have NO IDEA why people who are concerned about their money would buy ANY pin that hasnt proven to be backed by a reputable company with resources, save for Stern(Of course you hope it gets decent code within a 5 year time frame).

I think the "I got it firstish" is just to big a draw for some people. I could not imagine losing $10,000, $20,000 + thousand dollars once or twice before, and then ready to jump in again. Just wait a year and see how it shakes out, that's where the truth will be told.

#12471 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Your a good dude Astro, but to answer your question, and after going over the financials (public) that you can access, I would 1000% be taking the machine home with 400 plays on it.

Are you saying they financials dont look good?

#12474 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think you need to run his post through an Enigma machine to decrypt

To me he is saying the financials are not so good, so if he was paid in full and he had a chance to get one of the only games available even with a shit ton of games played on it, he would.

#12495 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

apple stock... $8 per share in 1983, $145 today

After many splits!

#12516 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Great ideas. Once more capable people get their hands on these I'd expect it's fairly easy to create whatever side art you want(looking at you Aurich for the Geiger side art to swap in--my paypal is ready), in case it's not "geiger-esque". Coordinating it with play field lighting would be cool.

I doubt Aurich is going to be creating new, unofficial art since he is employed by Heighway.

#12576 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The display only functions if you route the game. And I for one applaud Heighway for taking an aggressive stand against the HUO obsession that has gripped this hobby in recent years.

Never mind.

1 week later
#12677 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

to be fair, that seems like a niche market

Why? Do you think they are out of money, because if you don't believe FOX is the roadblock, you must have your reasons?

#12707 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It was a joke about Sammy Hagar impersonators...and that being a niche market...being a Sammy impersonator. Get it? Now you've ruined it by forcing the over-explain

Oops, I meant to quote Rarehero.

1 week later
#12963 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My prediction is that there will be some big, positive news shortly. I'm guessing Heighway is consolidating the news for one release vs drip feeding it.

What gives you this feeling?

#13251 2 years ago

Promise?

#13253 2 years ago

This is true, but I think an earlier poster Nailed it. If the rumored Star Wars is coming soon and no real progress of shipping games, Heighway wont be able to process the refunds fast enough.

4 weeks later
#14381 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Agreed. . When Stern announces Star Wars, if there hasn't been any movement, my money is moving on over to Stern.

I knew this was going to happen, and I got downvoted for it. Heighway really needs to get moving.

#14479 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

To add some fairness to all of this...how many of you reading are getting PM's from RubberDucks urging you to withdraw your funds? He/She may fully have our best interests at heart, but I have to question getting multiple e-mails really trying to get me to pull my money, even after I said I fully accepted the risk. This may very well be the beginning of the end, or maybe Heighway will surprise us all, but whatever decision you make, do it with an open mind and do what YOU want to do, not what someone else is urging you to do.

That is a creepy thing to do. Pinball eats its own apparently Wtf.

#14546 1 year ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Thank you to those who have emailed me to let me know about the latest comments on Pinside.
There has been a lack of communication on our side because a lot is going on behind the scenes - and we are hoping to make a significant announcement within days.
We apologise for this lack of communication but everything will become clear shortly.
You should know that there are some Pinsiders here with ulterior motives - with an interest in bringing our company down.
We would ask for a little more patience please, until our announcement is made.
Thanks for reading.

Gee, I wonder who is trying to bring Heighway down?

Screenshot_2017-05-28-22-54-36 (resized).png

#14582 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sure thing, got an answer from Andrew clearing it up, to his credit.
It does as much to put down the naysayers and detractors at the same time to address ALL the hearsay and innuendo.
Games go out, nobody cares.
Been down the road too many times now. You want to bury your head in the sand, feel free.

If you have been down that road many times, its time to look in the mirror, instead of stirring the pot when games are being made and shipped.

#14745 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

First Dutch and now Heighway? This is getting old. Giving a bad name to pinball and will make it next to impossible for any other startups to succeed.

Umm, you left out Skit b, and Jpop. Those two intended to commit fraud though. This pre-order business is just nuts...

#14749 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Tell me about it - the flak I cop daily due to the woes of other companies wouldn't be believed!
Wait for my book and the 'tell all' - LOL

2 weeks later
#15311 1 year ago

Man I hope this ship gets righted. I'm not a Serious Pin Collector, but I hope I own this game some day.

1 week later
#15403 1 year ago
Quoted from kurgan999:

i sent mail asking if possible to order machine/making payment plan cose that would fit best my financials , and didnt received anything back so idk .
hope i would be able to jump on list
and grab machine somehow .

What??? This is the worst possible time to send money. If they get produced, buy one then..

BTW, do you have a trust fund?

1 week later
#15473 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

Guys, bail out. The ship is 1 foot under water now.

If only they knew someone who could build a hydrofoil and raise it up out of the water...

2 weeks later
#15676 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

New Info is coin taker got 4 in.

Good news indeed!!!

#15704 1 year ago

That's a good question. Is new management still supporting the swappable playfield?

2 weeks later
#15989 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Really pissed about the fiber optic lights, shot off an email to Melissa and Morgan about getting a refund from that, especially given that I paid for what was advertised as standard on a LE, contractual obligation that Heighway Pin broke. But in the meantime, I am preparing all my MODs for this game for when it arrives end of the month. Got an insane amount of ideas and "fixes" from a insane Alien/Aliens film fanatic junkie. I feel a lot was left to be desired from this game from a fans point of view and I am aiming to fix that. I have new backglass art being drawn as well, as I am not a fan of the "custom Queen" that was done. No animosity or bad waves implied or given towards Brien, he did what he did in 4 days! That is impressive in itself. But given Andrews crap he pulled on Brien and him only having 4 days, that didnt give him a lot of time to design anything, pretty much just draw what came to mind. I just dont like his interpretation of the queen with the spikes on her crown and other features that she never had. I feel that just the 1 queen and egg is basic in terms of characters and tone. This is supposed to be Alien and Aliens, but the backglass only shows a Queen from Aliens and a egg and nothing else. I feel it needs more immersion and more depth as well as a nod to what made both films great as well as what is included in the gameplay. I commissioned a piece to be made based on a design I sketched up. This is MOD #1 lol, of easily 20, with 1 being a "you have to see it to believe it" lol. I am quite proud of it. Ive made numerous complaints to Heighway pin about some "inconsistencies" in the game for "authenticity" purposes lol, regarding sounds and inaccurate and mislabeled items. A couple that really bother me (being a Gunsmith especially lol) are the guns they got wrong. They labeled and pictured Vasquez's S&W M39 as a H&K VP70 (which is what LT. Gorman carried) as well as pictured a Remington 870 as Hick's backup Ithaca 37 shotgun (Ithaca 37's are bottom only ejecting and feeding whereas the picture clearly shows a side port). I can kinda sorta shrug the 870 one away, but the VP70 has to be changed in someway, either changing the sound to say M39 (doubtful), or just changing the picture to an actual VP70 (more likely....but still doubtful lol). Lots of bad audio clips heard, I am sure these will be easily corrected later so not real worried. Same goes for a couple video clips. I look foward to posting all these MODs and a unboxing of an "actual" LE for everyone finally here soon. I might stream it (it will be my first stream so still debating).

Would love to check out your Alien some day!!

1 week later
#16297 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So they dumped the fibre optic ramps & gloss cabinets for LE preorders, and give you exclusive hand drawn backglass artwork that is useless if you install the 27" monitor. Those aren't great selling points for the LE. The beacons & inner side blades can be added to a standard. You really want to pay all that extra money for drawn cab art colored trim? Doesn't add up, especially at the higher prices for new orders.
They should do what's fair, and give preordering LE customers a free 27" backbox LCD in exchange for the lost features. But I think it's more likely that you'll be given a "discount" on a future Heighway title instead. The lack of specifics at this point is just another red flag. The fact that all refunds have not been issued is maddening.

Maybe its just me, but they should straight up take $600/$800 off the price you paid. If you are a fully paid up LE preorder, its should be a straigh refund of the money. No switching of features(unless the buyer agrees)

1 week later
#16507 1 year ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Well that and the fact that pretty much all of their games aren't very good. Give me thumbs down because it's a popular thing to do on Pinside, but I don't see many people plunking down $6K on a used RZ. Love the folks at Spooky but nothing they are doing is ground breaking and at the end of the day, one little recession like 2008 and they are out of business.

You don't have to be groundbreaking to be successful. Exhibit A. Dutch Pinball. Exhibit B. Zidware. Groundbreaking, and out of business. Its called ramping up.

#16529 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

This weeks update from DP:
This week we received most parts and we will send them to the factory soon. When they arrive, all parts have to be organized and prepared for assembly. We hope that the first ‘new’ Engineering sample will be ready in October. After that we can start up the regular production. We are still on track to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBL in December 2017!
We will keep you posted!
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap

You are fast. I decided the post was off topic, so deleted the comment.

#16530 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

This weeks update from DP:
This week we received most parts and we will send them to the factory soon. When they arrive, all parts have to be organized and prepared for assembly. We hope that the first ‘new’ Engineering sample will be ready in October. After that we can start up the regular production. We are still on track to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBL in December 2017!
We will keep you posted!
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap

Cool, I definitely hope it works out for DP and the buyers. Not like They have mislead people before though.

1 week later
#16734 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can anyone please provide word on what the resolution to the LE's not getting the fiber optic ramps is?

And this seems like the easist question to answer too...

3 weeks later
#17370 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you want proof of Hilton's lying and exaggerating, here it is. It also shows to what off topic extremes he will go to, to be vengeful, slander and personally attack someone.
Note to Moderators. I'm not complaining. Please allow his post to stand as example.

Did you, or did you not flip MG?

Is BBB currently for sale? Either he is lying or he is not..

While I won't ever be able to describe how a game flows and be able to point out POTENTIAL flawed game designs, I do like the fact GreenHornet argues his point and posts vid with timestamps of why the design might be lacking. That's debating with fact, not emotion.

Can't wait to see some unboxings!!

#17591 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is a photo of the ramp from your Marketplace ad. So your ramps looked clean like the ones on Delt's game and the finish wore down after xx # of games?
Yours:

Delt's

RampGate is still a thing?

#17680 1 year ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

greenhornet and xTheBlackKnightx .. you two guys should prob hangout.. like away from Pinside.

I like the the Black Knight. He may be a bit condescending, but he is helpful.

#17903 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey Guys. Well, as I promised, here is my short review on my Alien pinball unboxing.
I have to admit, I was nervous as hell when I got my pin in. Before I go on, a HUGE thanks to my buddy Marcus for picking it up for me at the terminal. It saved me a day of reviewing, plus I already planned a big welcoming party for the Alien pin. Thanks Mark! Okay, here we go.
Before I start, my buddy Greg from SDTM filmed the entire session of me and my pinball buddies (Rick, Greg, Hoagie, Mark) unboxing the pin, as well as putting this monster together and getting it ready for play. So, Greg should have the video up soon and it will explain more better than I can put in words.
When I got the box, it had a huge dent on the top side which worried me more. However, upon opening the box we didn't notice any type of damage within. The box had all kinds of warning stickers on it saying it was a high dollar item, but it's all good.
Let me say the first thing about the build of the pin. It's built like a tank. I can't describe the outer part of the cabinet, except the material used on the outside of the cabinet feels like a surface of a truck bed liner, only smoother. It has grooves notched on the cabinet to perfectly fit the legs and looks great. Don't worry about buying some button protectors for this baby. The game didn't come with any type of instructions or goodies (key fabs, extra plastics, etc), but no biggie. It took us awhile to figure out how to properly install the backbox, but after doing so we kinda looked at each other and told Greg to edit that part out in his video. LOL Speaking of backbox, it it a lot skinnier than Stern or JJP and, upon looking at the top part, I don't know how or where the optional beacons will sit or fit on it. There is no pre-drilled holes on it or anything like that or places where wires can be run later to the beacons, but maybe the LE models will already have them on them. Still, if this was going to be added on later as an option, I don't know how I could do it. Still, a minor complaint. The cabinet I have to rate a very solid A Plus!
The playfield looks stunning and the art package is great. I swear to you, this is one of the BEST playfields I have seen in quite some time in regards to the toys and overall look of the area. It reminds me of JJ Woz pin in regards to the toys and the interactive playfield toys just making you feel like your part of that universe. I'll say this again, it just looks like Alien. I also did love the way each alien creature is put on the playfield, from the eggs to the facehuggers to the adult alien head. Only thing missing is the chestburster. I do want to bring up one thing for Delt, maybe it will help solve his problem.
I was lucky enough to have pinball buddies, who I would officially call "Pinball Surgeons", who was there with me when I initially opened the pin. I wanted to make sure they were there just in case something broke or came loose that I didn't detect and they could fix it in minutes which would take me hours to do. When I was unboxing the pin, I began to remove the Styrofoam pieces from the corners of the pin. While doing so, one of my buddies asked me what the plastic baggie was that was found almost underneath the Styrofoam piece. I reached down and pulled out the baggie from behind the piece (like a small Ziploc bag) and on the outside was a small note stating something about "before you power up the machine, be sure to replace these fuses (which was in the Ziploc bag) with the ones currently inside the board of the pin". I don't know if Delt saw this or not, but I could see if he somehow overlooked it because it was well hidden. I thought about Delt the whole time, thinking maybe that was why he was having problems with lights not working properly on his pin. Anyway, if you did see it Delt and was able to replace the fuses,I hope you get your pin up and running soon.
We did replace the fuses and, after getting everything done, finally powered up the pin. Okay, everything looking good. The alien mech head began to move and the tongue came out perfectly. All of the monitors fired up and the light boards all worked. One thing to note. When I removed the playfield glass, this thing is a beast in terms of weight. Very well made and protected and slid off pretty good, just be forewarned it's going to be heavy since you probably will be so use to lifting and pulling out the lighter weight glass only.
The side art worked and lit up nicely, just not really too bright (which is fine with me). I really liked the small handle they put on the plastic side art, making it easier to pull it out of the pin (even though on Greg's video I struggled with it with other guys pulling it out with ease). I swear, sometimes I have problems peeling off the wrapper of a Tootsie roll, but I blame that on my old age.
The game played great and any Alien fan will truly appreciate the work that was done with this pin. The overall look and atmosphere just screams Alien. The pin is dark, but it just fits the mood perfectly. I don't know if I'll get the pinstadium light for it or not (because they do look great), but at least it's an option later on. In terms of other mods, it always had a color screen and button protectors, along with side art inside the pin, so that's a big plus in terms of spending more money on it.
The modes are sweet and there is all kinds of sweet and tricky shots in the pin. I kept forgetting about the upper left flipper on the pin for some reason, but I know over time I will get used to using it. The ramps feel like they are actually built into the game and just shaking them will shake the whole playfield (again, see Greg's later SDTM video), which is good. Early impressions I have to tip my hat to Ferret for helping putting this together.
I had a blast that night with it and it was played probably non-stop for around 6 1/2 hours. All of my guests really loved it as well and bragged about it. The only negative thing I can say about the play is sometimes it would take a couple of hits before the ball was ejected properly from the shooter lane. One time my daughter was playing the pin and she had a mutiball going that seemed endless. I think it happened during "Bug Ambush", but don't quote me on that. Anyway, I went ahead and turned off the pin and waiting a few seconds before re-booting it (much to my daughter's dismay LOL She had one hell of a score going) and, upon doing so, the pin played good the rest of the night. After the party I played one game and it did the same to me, but the game finally quit shooting out the balls. I don't know, maybe I was just kicking ass during that mode, but I doubt it.
Anyway, that is my review. I think if Heighway can get this thing going and get these puppies shipped out to eager pinball fans' hands, they are going to see strong sales in this one. Heighway has to understand they can have a winning horse in this race, with a lot of pressure on them to see this thru. Alien is the PERFECT pinball theme, with non-stop action and a loyal fan base. They opened a HUGE can of worms upon obtaining this license, knowing the fans would want this pin and the expectations will be high and I thank them for it. I think Gary Stern is kinda feeling it right now with the Star Wars fans out there watching his pin.
A special "Thank You" to everybody who came last night for some good food, pinball playing and laughter. This is what the hobby is all about. I think we talked more pinball than anything else, so thank you to everybody who came out and made the arrival of the Alien pin that much more special to me.

ferret He says he had a possibly never ending multiball, which could maybe explain that 800,000,000 plus score you mentioned as a possible exploit.

#17978 1 year ago

Where it's at!

#18123 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's cool I've just never heard the "weak metal" thing before, well...........

But, she's only 17! Haz the perv!

3 weeks later
#18759 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I liked the odds better a month ago... The drag to LE finalization is perplexing. The lack of steady output is concerning. The JPOP-style pr response is extremely disappointing and frightening at the same time.
Scandinavian culture is terse as it is... but they are usually direct and clear. Several of these investors are of that background. Id expect more direct addressing of things.
The inability to make their early adopters whole as well as getting ferret a proper production build yet are failures holding them back from building champions. Small things they could do that would have much greater payoffs as the outcomes scale.
We go back to holding on and seeing if output improves...

The fact that Ferret doesn't have a pin at this point just shows how threadbare they are on parts, and funding..

#18762 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think he stated a few pages back he's got one now......

Ok thanks. Ugh..

#18768 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Well, I've still got my year-old prototype, not a current production machine. daudioguy has a current production machine, though.

So, not able to write proper code for beacons or shaker?

4 weeks later
#19295 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

people went berserk slamming the green on AFMr LE's and yet that's what most people eventually ordered after they saw it in person. Who knows?
Color choice is the absolute rock bottom, subterranean, center of the Earth issue I would be concerned about with this game. Tech support, delivery of games, viability going forward. Trim colors!!???

Powdercoatgate.

3 weeks later
#19603 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do agree that when it hits, the feeling is great. I don't find the mini loop too tough but hitting that chestbusters from the left flipper? Damn near impossible for me too. Any tips on when to hit the ball on that one would be welcomed.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+angle+of+the+dangle&amp=true

1 week later
#19689 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, am I the stoner from California?

You tell us!!

1 week later
#19805 1 year ago

Is pinball the only business where ponzi schemes are legal?

#19841 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Speaking of kits, there likely would be some quick "new money" if they can get the kits thing figured out and offered.

While that was an attractive option before, to me it just adds a level of complexity that HW can't handle right now. KISS method seems appropriate.

#19843 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here's a question... Hypothetical. Let's say that Heighway closes shop in the next 3-6 months, and the only Alien pins that exist are the ones currently in the wild (plus 20 or so more). 1-2 years from now, what will and Alien be worth? Just a few $K since support and parts will be difficult to come by, or will the price sure since this is a great game, and oh so very rare?
Thoughts?

Asking for a friend!!!

#19855 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is the most frustrating thing of all, next to HP employees who still haven't been paid. It's all absurd. I really don't know how the majority of preorder customers didn't ask for refunds back in May 2017, when everything went to shit & the truth came to light. I think those with just $1500 deposits down were willing to gamble on the future, but I think customers who were paid in full at that time ran for the exits. At least I know I did, and I consider myself fortunate. And I think HP underestimated the number of refunds they were going to pay out, and that really screwed up their plans. Raising prices to get customers to stay in was a miscalculation, and many said yeah no thanks I'm still out. They communicated & made some refunds at first, until they blew through those new investment funds. The communications slowed, refunds slowed to a trickle, and here we are today. Just games trickling out the door to new money buyers. History repeating itself.
This may sound like a hard truth, but as far as their list of priorities go, making preorder customers whole is likely dead last. HP perfectly content to just string you guys along, with no promises or updates. That really sucks for all you guys still hanging in there. It's all about getting new money now, keeping the doors open & getting back in the black for the foreseeable future. I'd be shocked if anyone with just a deposit down saw their game in 2018. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Ditto. Lost all interest in Alien & HP. In fact, the whole ordeal soured my enthusiasm for all new pinball titles in general. Just don't want to pay these insane prices for new machines, from any company for that matter. It all was a real eye opener for me. And with attitudes like this in the pinball community, HP's road to success is littered with even more potholes. Unless they find additional investors, IDK how they can make it work. If someone wants to buy, there's just too many safer & wide variety of purchase options these days. A lot has changed since 2015.

And Alien is a sure fire license. You have to work to screw it up, which that may have happened. I hope not though...

#19882 1 year ago

Some people just want to see others fail.

#19888 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This Week in Pinball posted up today and I found this bit of Heighway news encouraging. I mean, talk is cheap, but it would seem they have refocused on the priorities needed to show good faith. Maybe I'm easily swayed, but I'm now leaning slightly optimistic (again) for you guys.
What a roller coaster ride as just last week I was ready to write them off. Now let's hope they follow through on this and everyone will begin seeing some positive results.
"Heighway Pinball Update and Timeline for Game #3
Initially, Heighway Pinball was planning to announce game #3 at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. With the challenge of building and shipping Alien pinball machines, they have decided to delay that announcement until a later date. This Week in Pinball reached out to Heighway Pinball to ask about the timeline for game #3, and received the response below:
“Things are progressing, but it is a tough task turning this around as everybody would imagine. We are getting there, but it takes more time than anybody involved wants. Most important is that all pre-order customers get their game though and also that we improve the technical support to have all machines in the wild up and running flawlessly. Due to the fact that these 7 months (or so) has proven to be a lot harder than we hoped for, we have decided to push the launch of game #3 further ahead to focus 100% on the current games and the production of them (mainly Alien of course). It is the only sensible and responsible thing to do during these circumstances. The launch of game #3 will take place at a later time, exactly when is not decided yet. But it surely is looking very good and we are all extremely excited about it whenever it happens.”
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-oktoberfest-pinball-podcast-interviews-eric-meunier-dave-sanders-charlie-emery/

That is good news.

#19933 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

We can only hope...but is it already too late? It's hard to come back from a bad reputation. Not impossible and I really do hope they pull off the improbable. This game deserves to get into more hands...hands that can trust parts will be there when/if they need them.

I don't think it's too late and maybe the ship is being righted. Parts going out and delaying game #3 to me says a lot.

#19934 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's why it seemed nuts to me to even be talking about game #3.
There are some companies, such as Heighway, that seemed to only be able to sell to Pinside, and some pinball shows, and not know how to extend past that. The new HP seems also stuck in that. It will be key to their success to solve that problem.

Isn't that basically everyone, except Stern?

#19938 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

I've heard this many times in this thread.

I agree, but parts are being shipped.

#19940 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Hopefully HW has learned and won't do pre orders anymore. And honestly if they get their shit together they should be busy building Alien games for a while. In my head money is the main thing holding them back, and I doubt they can get another investor now.

I just feel that this is a cant lose license, and its pretty well documented that the sounds, visuals, gameplay and artwork back up the importance of the license. Hopefully HW is done stubbing its toe and can get these pins moving and supported. It can be a cash cow if they do!

#19977 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What about this, is this how it's wired? Because at the cle show on the last day this coil came loose causing it the short and blow f2. Helmut sent me 2 new coils but it still continues to blow f2 and you can say what you want about stern bit I anit never see a service bulletin from them with this much crap being removed and replaced

While I understand your frustrations, you didn't buy from Stern, you bought a boutique pin from a game maker that has only made one other game. I would think it comes with the territory

#20008 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

People must be crazy to think after they drop 7k on a game it should work more then 3 day

You were the one comparing customer support to stern. For the price of these games darn right support should be stellar. We all know the truth though.

#20049 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh boy, Ferret has his game now! Let the good times roll. Is he the one playing in pic? Can just make out an eyebrow and partial forehead, but I'll bet he has a big smile on his face.

He will probably never play it! I know they have some sort of simulator and I can't imagine how much he has played that!!!

1 week later
#20172 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Re: FlingGate...
Don’t Panic. Your machines are fine. You almost certainly are indeed getting fling, but it’s subtle enough that it’s often either flinging straight up or down (basically just decelerating or accelerating the ball a smidge) or looking like a weird rebound off the center targets. I’ve implemented some new fling code that’s more chaotic so there will be much less doubt that you got flung. That will be in 1.2.
Thanks to all for the feedback, keep it up. We remain committed to making this beast the best it can be.

Thanks a flinging lot!!!

1 week later
#20222 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah screw that...I wouldn;t pay a goddamn ting till it's in their hands.

How can anyone possibly down vote this given the fact HP still owes refunds. Some people are clueless.

#20258 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Perhaps, it is because I don’t appreciate being called clueless.

So you were triggered. My apologies...

#20314 1 year ago

So games arent on the way? I thought a shipping containers worth was close??

#20323 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Last I heard there were being packed up this week or next week and then there will be a container on the way to CT. (Should take three weeks I think to get across the ocean?) Again this could change as has everything with HW. As CT said a few days ago in this thread it's mostly new money games and a few old preorders. But I guess that too could change lol

Thanks, I guess I got ahead of myself, thinking they were already on the way.

#20352 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would imagine since Heighway was taken over by 4 millionaire investors with experience running companies that two years from now they will finally have their act together, have overcome Andrew's mess and false promises, and be cranking out Alien number 2,000 and starting to put out their next machine. But it's going to be a long painful path to get there.

Or they will no longer be millionaires, whichever comes first.

#20367 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You know the old saying....You know how to become a millionaire in pinball? ....start out as a billionaire....

I thought they said that about racing!

1 week later
#20440 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

DO NOT ever buy from Heighway directly. You are MUCH safer and your money more protected if you buy through Cointaker or another reputable distributor. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Never never ever preorder a pin from a pinball company that has never ever made a pin before.

Never Ever.

#20442 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

They did make a pin before. Full Throttle.

Yep, I totally blanked on that. Thanks for reminder.

#20453 1 year ago
Quoted from pipes:

Has anyone noticed a trend with European based pinball manufacturers? I say, buy MADE IN THE U.S.A only. Period.</blockquot
Well we have JPOOP and the predator fiasco, sooo.

#20469 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Talked to Roger at Heighway today, wanted my address to send me a game. As I said I haven't been pushing on them, they're looking to try and settle all the game debts, and I'm on the list of people who need one. So we can put that one to bed. No idea when it will arrive, and I'm in no rush since I dunno where I'll even put it, but I'll update later.
Maybe I'll keep it, maybe I'll sell it, really gonna decide after I see how the emotions settle after it arrives.

Hey you did me a favor and held on to the custom hammer you made until I got home 6 months after ordering, I can at least return the favor and hold unto your Alien until you get room. JK, good to see you getting the pin.

3 weeks later
#20660 1 year ago
Quoted from CalibrunKnight:

Sadly, yes. I was looking into placing an order for a machine but there was so much that didn't add up.
I really don't care for the lack of information on the different versions, inconsistencies of the product images, and of course all the chatter about the machines here. Fortunately, CT is a legitimate business that understands not taking care of your customers is a great way to lose them. Until HW gets their program back I order, this ones gonna have to sit on the wish list.

If this is true, its over. CT was the last bastion of hope and HW may have just fucked that up. If I were cointaker, Id refund everyone's money even if they didnt want it and tell HW to figure it out.

#20879 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Check the game manual and parts diagram to see if that is the correct part supplied on all games. If the glue was that rough to break, it was designed and verified to work long-term.

Must be new here lol JK. Maybe that was sarcasm!

#21517 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I made the same choice as you, but it now sounds like there was actually no games to ship anyway. It was all BS. Thank god CT called them out and ultimately didn't send them a dime of our cash. I really don't think I could in good mind do business with any derivative of HW at this point.

Personally I Believe this is being overlooked. Had CT sent that cash, Heighway could have keep the con going for a bit. I will never ever have reservations dealing with CT

2 weeks later
#22143 1 year ago

Add DP to the pile of busted dream themes

#22193 12 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd rather see pics of Andrew behind bars
(Sweet game tho!)

Only downvoted cause the game and what it is and could have been is bigger than the douche know as Andrew. Happy owners posting sweet pics is much better.

#22194 12 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How is the dude from the Show Me State coming along?

Lol, this immediately made me think of the movie Step Brothers. "putting in the work blah blah, Black leather gloves" . Yeah, not pre -ordering from them either!

#22195 12 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They could base the pin off of the Magical Mystery Tour movie.
That sucks slightly less than Yellow Submarine

Not sure why you got downvoted, it is the Beatles after all, and more interesting than 4 wee lads with bowl cuts..

#22217 12 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems like that was what Andrew was betting on, trying to make it across the finish line.
The insane thing is the Pinball Brothers totally ditched marketing the game. They no showed the 2 most important pinball shows of the past year (Expo '17 and TPF '18, let alone all the other shows) with no Aliens on the floor at all.
I'm not saying they should have taken more pre-orders, but if they saw that there was potential for the game to sell, maybe the company could have been better resourced with cash, instead of the hard line they drew apparently.
Now as more people actually play the game, it will likely change everything, but too late now.

At this point, thank God they didn't. How many people need to be burned.

#22229 12 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

I get it. In the end the factory had to actually ship something (that works).

For what it's worth, I respect you opinion regarding Heighway since you own, and are happy with your Full Throttle.

1 month later
#22588 10 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Everyone knows how to run everyone else's business better than they do, it's an age old internet fact that's been around as long as the internet has. Like it or not, a hit as large as 100K plus to a small business is devastating and sometimes not recoverable from. As much as you want a small business to have that kind of liquidity sitting around for the worst possible case scenario, it's just not a reality for the majority of small businesses. Many operate very tight to the line as they try to grow their business to the point that they can be in that kind of position.
I am sure Mellissa and team are doing everything they can to get people paid back as timely as possible. As a customer who lost money to HWP and has no chance to get anything back, I would respectfully put out there to maybe retain some level of perspective on the situation and do what you can to give as much support and patience to the Cointaker team while they try to make things right for everyone else all the while having little to no recourse for themselves.

Why would they not put the deposits in an escrow account? I thought they didn't send any money until games were going to ship? If not, what did they use the deposits for? Buying another company?

#22608 10 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm pretty sure the jump the gun option has expired.. I just wonder why they haven't even made a public statement claiming they aren't as big of a douche bag outfit that Andrew was when he was around

Why restate the obvious. They are just as big of douchebags..

1 week later
#22745 10 months ago
Quoted from sed6:

Shit

Shit

Shit. Nope paid in full via wire transfer in March 2017. Any possible recourse for me? Anyone know how many games got produced? Any retailers have them for sale?

Surprised you weren't following this thread before you paid in full.

#22778 9 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Huge improvement IMO. So silly that wasn't done after the takeover.

What takeover? Wasn't that a shell company to dump whatever parts they had leftover

5 months later
#23743 4 months ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Yes it is so cool to own plus it’s agreat game!i just played a game in the dark with the volume blazing loud awesome

I havent seen the game in real life, obviously never played it, but I can only imagine how badass it would be in a dark room when the beacons go off. Total immersion..

With that said, if anybody has one in and around Phoenix, I'd love to check it out!!

#23744 4 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Anyone have a fix for the Xeno tongue binding? Seems to be worse at each end of it's travel. Most times, when it binds, the drive shaft spins inside the drive gear and there is no movement at all. Any fixes would be awesome.
Thanks everyone!
Brian

I believe people are replacing the gear. I only commented to bump this up for the experts.

1 month later
#23850 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea that's not special pricing. I'd rather wait for someone else to make replacement PFs too considering Mirco's business practices.

Yea because manufacturers will be lining up to produce pfs, for less than 100 produced pins. I'd jump at one of those. Dont cut off your nose to spite your face...

3 weeks later
#23987 55 days ago

Nice write up and pics!!

1 week later
#24051 44 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks for the links. Is the servo plug directlly same as before or do we need to do something with the wires? I m not sure for the wire color code, is everything the same?

I would buy any part that is or becomes available as a spare if you intend to keep that amazing pin.

#24147 38 days ago
Quoted from Per_:

I couldn't stop thinking about the "cooling" topic. After trying a fan (see quote) I bought a W1209 (amazon.com link »). This is a really cheap temperature control switch with a temperature display and configurable on/off-values. I used it to perform some temperature measurements inside the cabinet and experienced a temperature increase of about 8 degrees (celsius, sorry) after one hour (in a fairly cold cellar). There is a remarkable heat generation difference between "stand-by" and playing the pin.
Having all the parts available I had to finish the project: With a wood hole saw (90mm) I cut a hole in the left front corner of the cabinet bottom: I leveled the pin bottom and drilled slowly from below with a heavy duty drill mounted in a (reversed) drill stand. Oddly enough nothing went wrong.
On the W1209 I replaced the relay with a power FET and added a connector for the fan plug. The necessary 12 volt power connection is available nearby at the left side of the power supply bord. The temperature sensor should be placed below the playfield, I have to try out some options. I decided to let the fan blow fresh air inside the cabinet to support the natural convection of the warm air flowing up the slanted playfield to the upper rear holes. Maybe I will try the other direction also, I have to see.
Now I can sleep well again..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice writeup, but that first pic made me lol. By the time that was all set up, well, my drill would have been cleaned, cab vaccumed and fan mounted..

2 weeks later
#24366 18 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure I've posted this before, but this was my original LE backglass design that was done with 'approved' assets, which at the time I was told was the only way to do things. I guess Andrew didn't like it, and I said well, I dunno what else to do, you've locked me into a box with what I'm allowed to use, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I've wrung all the blood from these stones I can. And at this point we're years in and I'm sick of his shit and spending all this unpaid time on the game. So that's when he went to Brian and had him redraw my design. Suddenly hand drawn art was kosher I guess, I dunno, fuck Andrew and his lies.
Anyways, then the call went to not have a non-LCD version, and this one never came out either, just the rework to fit the screen.
[quoted image]

That backglass art so much better..

#24367 18 days ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Someone posted this cool side by side Backglass a while back....
Cool to see both styles
[quoted image]

Lol. See my comment above. Andrew must have a screw loose to choose right over left.

#24398 13 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Alright, game is setup. Let the headaches begin.
It is running version .94.
I have at least 10 leds out. At least 4 switches. I can start investigating those at some point.
Now the fun stuff.
It is on free play, but requires credits to play, guessing upgrading the code should fix that?
The game freezes on the skillshot quite often and requires rebooting.
The main display is showing the small display on the right side. This just started and doesn't do it every time you turn it on.
The xenomorph locks its jaw open while booting. I disabled it in software so after booting it stops where as before it just made a horrible noise the whole time.
It has red io boards 1.4b assuming these have to be upgraded. That is a cool 1k :/
It has the old computer so I will order a new one 240 there.
The xeno has a metal gear for the jaw which surprised me. Have not seen the stepper motor yet guessing it is the old style?
Need the back right plastic.
Need the leds replaced to the new style.
Hopefully I can get it to play correctly before I make the call on upgrading it. Do like the theme integration so far, but with so many switches out and it freezing 50 percent of the time its not much fun.

I sure hope the previous owner told you about these issues. If not, out them. I would love,to have an Alien someday....

1 week later
#24432 4 days ago

Anyone in the Phoenix Az have an Alien to play? I really believe this pin in a HUO setting has to be one of the most immersive pins ever..

#24435 4 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There is an alien for sale on Facebook marketplace usa

Careful. He is claiming it as a rare prototype with the retractable tongue. $20,000

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside