IMG_0531 (resized).JPG
Mando mod speaker panels (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 157.
#5501 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I thought you guys were a bunch of whiners going on about the plastic ramps on the pro. I hate to admit it, but you were right. I put on the wire form ramps and it makes the horse shoe ramp a ton easier to see and hit.

Yeah, it’s that whole right side.

#5502 1 year ago

just completed my best game tacticaly, this time following the path : missions (completed) > encounters (completed) > razor
was at phase 3 of the razor wizard, that means still more to do to finish the pin, which let's admit, is easy to play/understand, but not to beat
scored a bit over 2B

and another small bug : having completed the missions levels, get into the foundry, the START JOURNEY was still available (!?), chose it, and of course i get nothing while just losing BESKAR

i suppose the same will occur with encounters & razor

#5503 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just completed my best game tacticaly, this time following the path : missions (completed) > encounters (completed) > razor
was at phase 3 of the razor wizard, that means still more to do to finish the pin, which let's admit, is easy to play/understand, but not to beat
scored a bit over 2B
and another small bug : having completed the missions levels, get into the foundry, the START JOURNEY was still available (!?), chose it, and of course i get nothing while just losing BESKAR
i suppose the same will occur with encounters & razor

I aspire to get to this level of skill. Nice work!
Make sure to send the bug to Stern.
[email protected]

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I aspire to get to this level of skill. Nice work!
Make sure to send the bug to Stern.
[email protected]

tanx

and quite sure Xaqery Dwight/software team is reading here

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx
and quite sure Xaqery Dwight/software team is reading here

Please report to the email. Only way to ensure it gets seen and logged.

#5506 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please report to the email. Only way to ensure it gets seen and logged.

ok Chuck, will do at the end of my loan (stil 15 days), and do a recap with all i get

#5507 1 year ago

Other than Stern (maybe), anybody know where I can get a replacement plastic for the right ramp?

706EC5ED-0F6D-4647-A07D-FA2856EBA7EC (resized).jpeg706EC5ED-0F6D-4647-A07D-FA2856EBA7EC (resized).jpeg
#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Other than Stern (maybe), anybody know where I can get a replacement plastic for the right ramp?
[quoted image]

just trace it and make it yourself from a piece of lexan from the hardware store. You could use screws and nuts if you don't have a rivet tool.

#5509 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

[quoted image]

Stern said they would just send me a new one when I contacted them. Who knows how long it will take. In the mean time, I put mine back together with mylar and washers.

IMG_20220612_204826003_HDR.jpgIMG_20220612_204826003_HDR.jpg
#5510 1 year ago

Cliffy is 5-6 weeks out right now. I hope my left ramp doesn't break before then...

#5511 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to get rid of or cover up the Stern Insider sensor on the apron so that the machine looks like it doesn't have it? I have seen pics where there is an image of Mando where the sensor is.

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Stern said they would just send me a new one when I contacted them. Who knows how long it will take. In the mean time, I put mine back together with mylar and washers.
[quoted image]

I contacted Stern and they told me to go through my distributor, yada yada yada. I'm still waiting on a new QR reader (which are plentiful) since 6/3 so I suspect I'll never see this plastic again. I asked Stern to send it to me directly if they could. Stern sent me a new node board for AIQ directly in less than a week so why the hassle over one plastic?

#5513 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I contacted Stern and they told me to go through my distributor, yada yada yada. I'm still waiting on a new QR reader (which are plentiful) since 6/3 so I suspect I'll never see this plastic again. I asked Stern to send it to me directly if they could. Stern sent me a new node board for AIQ directly in less than a week so why the hassle over one plastic?

I got a couple parts in the last two weeks that were in the system for well over a year. Don’t even have the games anymore. It took them almost 9 months to send me a new T-Rex for my JP Prem that was broken out of the box. Not sure what the deal is but I think even with supply chain issues a year is really pushing it - they’d done several runs of each title while I was waiting for parts.

#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image]

Did this method and lowered the power on the left flipper until I get the replacement.

#5515 1 year ago

I'm sure this has been asked, but don't feel like reading through a bunch of pages. I'm getting a Mando pro here in a week and I want to know what are potential problems from the start or what to be on the lookout for. Example are just minor tweaks through settings or adding hardware. Like the ball gets caught here, so add this or tweak this bracket alittle. Definitely curious about flipper power on the upper playfield, seems like it could be toned down, maybe not.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from MutagenMan:

I'm sure this has been asked, but don't feel like reading through a bunch of pages. I'm getting a Mando pro here in a week and I want to know what are potential problems from the start or what to be on the lookout for. Example are just minor tweaks through settings or adding hardware. Like the ball gets caught here, so add this or tweak this bracket alittle. Definitely curious about flipper power on the upper playfield, seems like it could be toned down, maybe not.

Order enounter ramp protectors from cliffy asap since he is running 5-6 weeks behind. Also, use search rather than repeating the same questions. The true value of the forums is all the recorded knowledge on here.

#5517 1 year ago

So, hey, I asked earlier, but no answer. Is there a recommended way to convert the premium apron to non Stern Connected? With the pic of Mando on the right side as in the brochure?

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Order enounter ramp protectors from cliffy asap since he is running 5-6 weeks behind. Also, use search rather than repeating the same questions. The true value of the forums is all the recorded knowledge on here.

Don’t even need to search for this one, just go back one page. This was asked very recently.

#5519 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

So, hey, I asked earlier, but no answer. Is there a recommended way to convert the premium apron to non Stern Connected? With the pic of Mando on the right side as in the brochure?

Are you trying to relocate the QR code reader? There are a bunch of threads on that.

#5520 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Does anyone know how to get rid of or cover up the Stern Insider sensor on the apron so that the machine looks like it doesn't have it? I have seen pics where there is an image of Mando where the sensor is.

327856B5-F8D1-4664-812B-BCC9935E8023 (resized).jpeg327856B5-F8D1-4664-812B-BCC9935E8023 (resized).jpeg
#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Can’t remember the seller, but there is a website that sells magnetic overlays for aprons. They have Mando ones that look great in versions with or without opening for stern insider. I was going to get one, but my kids like the idea of having their name on the screen when they play. I could care less about insider. But that sums it up. My 15 and 17 year old app game generation kids love it, my 40-something self could care less. Just want to play the game and hope to put in my 3 initials.

#5522 1 year ago

another (small) bug, which surelly is due to the Razor Crest update, when Dwight added the hurry up rule in it

and than :

ball 1, having played the 1st RC multiball, than hurry up will be the next award > ball 2, go for the SUPER skillshot, succeed & than collecting the RC multiball ready, as the screen was telling, but of course, logically in a way (last code), when shooting the RC it gives me the hurry up and not the multiball

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

another (small) bug, which surelly is due to the Razor Crest update, when Dwight added the hurry up rule in it
and than :
ball 1, having played the 1st RC multiball, than hurry up will be the next award > ball 2, go for the SUPER skillshot, succeed & than collecting the RC multiball ready, as the screen was telling, but of course, logically in a way (last code), when shooting the RC it gives me the hurry up and not the multiball

Think that is not a bug, in the foundry you can also choose next RC multiball but will be hurry up as that is up. It just called all the same, multiball....

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Think that is not a bug, in the foundry you can also choose next RC multiball but will be hurry up as that is up. It just called all the same, multiball....

yep same, that's what i explained, surelly linked from when the hurry up was still not in there
just that the info screen is not more correct with what you'll really get (should be an easy update, kind of "in case" or "if then else" linked to the variable, to know which word/sentence should be on the screen)

but ok, not really a big prob

#5525 1 year ago

I'm really enjoying this game, but I have one small bone to pick with it.

Why does this game insist on turning off all the GI for effect when the ball is still in play? I like having my pins in a dark room, and when it hits the child mystery and the ball has dropped into the lower playfield with all the GI still off, it's super frustrating. I feel like TMNT used to do similar dumb things turning off the GI when the ball is still in play. There should be a universal 'dark room' setting for Stern games

#5526 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I'm really enjoying this game, but I have one small bone to pick with it.
Why does this game insist on turning off all the GI for effect when the ball is still in play? I like having my pins in a dark room, and when it hits the child mystery and the ball has dropped into the lower playfield with all the GI still off, it's super frustrating. I feel like TMNT used to do similar dumb things turning off the GI when the ball is still in play. There should be a universal 'dark room' setting for Stern games

Welcome to the Dwightshow!

Dwight likes to put very crazy light shows in his games. See Game Of Thrones, Mando, TMNT, Star Wars they all have crazy light show moments.

#5527 1 year ago

So friggin pumped! Added this Mando Pro to the lineup. The wife and I absolutely love this game!

Has anyone ever put together a thread dedicated to mods and upgrades and tweaks and such? Or is this what this thread is for? 111 pages is a lot to read through! I have Cliffy’s on order and am hoping my left ramp survives the wait!

Also, I own a theming company in Central Florida and we do props and set pieces for the parks as well as extremely high end themed rooms for homes and I had my head scenic artist paint up the animatronic Grogu that is going into my machine. Check the pics, he did an AMAZING job on paint and hair!

4DB51790-6986-4027-81C6-5DAAE2C2168B (resized).jpeg4DB51790-6986-4027-81C6-5DAAE2C2168B (resized).jpegCAB1D910-3873-46BD-A8E0-51DEBEBAC1EA (resized).jpegCAB1D910-3873-46BD-A8E0-51DEBEBAC1EA (resized).jpegDFF7898D-29E8-4145-88D9-92DD9861A3E8 (resized).jpegDFF7898D-29E8-4145-88D9-92DD9861A3E8 (resized).jpegF9133B01-3DAD-47A3-A1E0-70C483247BA8 (resized).jpegF9133B01-3DAD-47A3-A1E0-70C483247BA8 (resized).jpeg
#5528 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Welcome to the Dwightshow!
Dwight likes to put very crazy light shows in his games. See Game Of Thrones, Mando, TMNT, Star Wars they all have crazy light show moments.

Haha.....don't forget Ghostbusters.....

#5529 1 year ago

Hey gang, joined the club recently with a routed premium that has just under 800 plays, part of a package deal. This game is by far the worst shooting of the group I bought and I've been putting off working on it because time.........but I finally got all the other things done I needed to on location and was able to bring this game home and can now really dig into it. I have played a few pros and a couple LEs previously, so I kind of know what a decent version feels like. I haven't had time to read all 111 pages of the thread yet, but surprised to not see sticky posts addressing the common problems like in most other threads.

Specifically:

1) the right ramp rejects balls and the plastic above the entrance feels loose although the screws are all there and tight. Seems like a simple place for a good mod (similar to AIQ/BW ramp?) is there anything out there or a good how-to on hacking this ramp to work better? I previously adjusted the ramp on location, loosened bolts and tried to align and tighten it properly.

2) the right scoop doesn't flow well for shots and has a sticking / grinding feel when I push it manually to fully retracted. Sometimes it gets stuck in the up/retracted position and you can hear the coil buzzing when it's not going down (not good lol) and it also has a small buzz even when it’s working properly. (Probably not normal?) I suspect it needs some adjustment which looks like a painful tear down to remove it. Anyone done this before? Any tips on adjusting?

3) The right scoop shot when the scoop is retracted returns to a SDTM pretty frequently, especially when backhanding and as key as this shot is to scoring I know this isn't how most others I have seen in the wild play. Adjustment advice?

4) I'm going to tear out the upper PF this weekend and start there with new coil stops and cleaning, it sounds super hollow. I was kind of surprised to see that the upper PF is always on / lit up / flipping though, is that correct? I would have thought the code would disengage those flippers when a ball isn't up there. YouTube seems to indicate that's normal, just want to verify I don't have a switch issue. I don't remember that on the LE I played, but the sound of the stock coils may be whats drawn my attention to this.

5) Thoughts on flipper and sling power adjustments also welcome…….

Thanks in advance!!

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Are you trying to relocate the QR code reader? There are a bunch of threads on that.

Quoted from Crile1:

Can’t remember the seller, but there is a website that sells magnetic overlays for aprons. They have Mando ones that look great in versions with or without opening for stern insider. I was going to get one, but my kids like the idea of having their name on the screen when they play. I could care less about insider. But that sums it up. My 15 and 17 year old app game generation kids love it, my 40-something self could care less. Just want to play the game and hope to put in my 3 initials.

I don't care at all about the feature and don't particularly enjoy staring at this white rectangle. I would rather have something like what is on the left side of the apron without having to spend a bunch of money on new parts.

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't care at all about the feature and don't particularly enjoy staring at this white rectangle. I would rather have something like what is on the left side of the apron without having to spend a bunch of money on new parts.

I have a Pro without Insider Connected. Perhaps we could work out a trade if you like.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have a Pro without Insider Connected. Perhaps we could work out a trade if you like.

I prefer the metal apron rather than the plastic.

All I think I would need is an picture insert similar to what is on the left side.

#5533 1 year ago

Anyone having issues with the upper playfield not moving? Just got a replacement motor installed thinking that was the issue but it’s not. The new motor rotated once and that’s it… now it will not move. Any thoughts to why or what could be going wrong?

#5534 1 year ago

Having an LE that is pre-sensor, I am curious.....are you still able to use the sensor when it is covered-up?

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I can do replacement plastics done a load for Deadpool to return the factory look.

#5536 1 year ago

Who’s making the best animated Grogu kit? I’ve already got Grogu, just need the electronics.

Was originally on Abate’s list but that never eventuated, so after someone reliable.

#5537 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Who’s making the best animated Grogu kit? I’ve already got Grogu, just need the electronics.
Was originally on Abate’s list but that never eventuated, so after someone reliable.

shoot a pm to lermods. they'll take care of you.

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grogu-modding-thread
Check out this thread if you haven't already. There are a number of people with various approaches to bring life to grogu.

#5539 1 year ago

Looks like I'm joining the club, ladies and gents. My friends think I'm crazy picking Mando Pro over Godzilla Pro as I had a shot at both, and it was a tough choice, but I just haven't gotten into Godzilla, like everyone else. Maybe it's the theme? Maybe it's that left ramp (I suck at pinball)? Maybe it's because I mostly played a Godzilla Pro vs. a Premium? I don't know. I do love Godzilla's ruleset, and I'm still going to continue dropping coin in it on location, but I found myself enjoying Mando more. I love the beskar/foundry approach, the light show, the upper playfield, and the less flowy feel to the game vs. the other two Sterns I own. Add co-op, so the family and I can try to beat the game together, and this feels like the right choice. Call me weird, but it is what it is. Can't wait.

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Looks like I'm joining the club, ladies and gents. My friends think I'm crazy picking Mando Pro over Godzilla Pro as I had a shot at both, and it was a tough choice, but I just haven't gotten into Godzilla, like everyone else. Maybe it's the theme? Maybe it's that left ramp (I suck at pinball)? Maybe it's because I mostly played a Godzilla Pro vs. a Premium? I don't know. I do love Godzilla's ruleset, and I'm still going to continue dropping coin in it on location, but I found myself enjoying Mando more. I love the beskar/foundry approach, the light show, the upper playfield, and the less flowy feel to the game vs. the other two Sterns I own. Add co-op, so the family and I can try to beat the game together, and this feels like the right choice. Call me weird, but it is what it is. Can't wait.

Yeah mando is a good choice since you have aiq already.

#5541 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

shoot a pm to lermods. they'll take care of you.

doesn’t that just trigger with an insert, there’s a few others that trigger specific actions with specific triggers in the game.

#5542 1 year ago

Still wondering if anyone can point me to a source for an apron image card to cover up the insider connect scanner....

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Still wondering if anyone can point me to a source for an apron image card to cover up the insider connect scanner....

I will produce Mando apron plastics once I have finished all the Deadpool runs.

#5544 1 year ago

bug again :

tonight, wanted to visit the big wizard mode with my son, than we started a 4 players game in CO-OP
we did complete all the 3 path, but than it was impossible to play the ENCOUNTERS mini-wizard, except with player 3, which was the one that finish the 3rd level (this may be a clue to Dwight !?)

the code was lost for sure, as with the 3 others players, only the helmet inserts were lighted in red, as the left ramp insert, but all the others inserts on the playfield were OFF (but switches still working)
we putted more than few shot in the helmet, flipping with the upper flipper, but no target were active in there

and to precise, no problem at all to play MISSIONS mini wizard & RAZOR CREST mini wizard, this with the 4 players

last time i play like this in CO-OP, all was OK/did reach THIS IS THE WAY (with 2 out of 4 players)
i dont know what goes wrong today
a last clue : even the "complete an encounters level" bought in the foundry did not work when using it (lockbar button was well blinking in red, and while using it screen says "mssion completed" but no)

#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will produce Mando apron plastics once I have finished all the Deadpool runs.

Sounds good to me.

#5546 1 year ago

Anyone having issues with the upper playfield not moving? Just got a replacement motor installed thinking that was the issue but it’s not. The new motor rotated once and that’s it… now it will not move. Any thoughts to why or what could be going wrong?

Yes, but it's because I have a pro.

Anytime something new gets installed and doesn't work, suspect the installation. It could be as easy as a bad connection.

#5547 1 year ago

My upper playfield went out as well. Discovered it was the LED board that controls the right side lights and upper playfield. I think the board is a 9A something, but I can't remember. If your lights are out along with the upper playfield, then you might want to check on that. If your game is under (1) year old, Stern may replace the board because they were nice enough and replaced mine for free. All I had to do was ship my board back to them. Good luck!

#5548 1 year ago

Is the left flipper light not turning on in service mode normal? Mine is doing that since I got it but it works at all other times, just the right one is illuminated in service.

#5549 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

My upper playfield went out as well. Discovered it was the LED board that controls the right side lights and upper playfield. I think the board is a 9A something, but I can't remember. If your lights are out along with the upper playfield, then you might want to check on that. If your game is under (1) year old, Stern may replace the board because they were nice enough and replaced mine for free. All I had to do was ship my board back to them. Good luck!

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Is the left flipper light not turning on in service mode normal? Mine is doing that since I got it but it works at all other times, just the right one is illuminated in service.

I have an ongoing issue with the GI lights on this game causing flippers and other coils to become unresponsive. The GI is divided to the left and right sides of the game. One short in the circuit will cause the whole side to go out and short coils. Mine is mostly on the left side and it goes through node 8. If I unplug the GI on node 8, all other issues disappear. Right side goes through node 9.

I can't tell if it was a bad batch of bulbs or bad sockets, but both seem to be problematic. If you have any GI flickering, you probably have the same issue. My strategy is to replace any bulb that flickers and adjust the ears on the sockets to where they feel tight. I am tempted to order a batch of sockets and start replacing them too, but so far I have been able to adjust the 'short' out of the sockets.

#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I have an ongoing issue with the GI lights on this game causing flippers and other coils to become unresponsive. The GI is divided to the left and right sides of the game. One short in the circuit will cause the whole side to go out and short coils. Mine is mostly on the left side and it goes through node 8. If I unplug the GI on node 8, all other issues disappear. Right side goes through node 9.
I can't tell if it was a bad batch of bulbs or bad sockets, but both seem to be problematic. If you have any GI flickering, you probably have the same issue. My strategy is to replace any bulb that flickers and adjust the ears on the sockets to where they feel tight. I am tempted to order a batch of sockets and start replacing them too, but so far I have been able to adjust the 'short' out of the sockets.

It is not inconsistent. The left flipper lamp always works as it's supposed to but is always off when the service menu is called up. It is a software function or glitch. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Wiz Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/111?hl=mutagenman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.