Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5510 1 year ago

Cliffy is 5-6 weeks out right now. I hope my left ramp doesn't break before then...

#5511 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to get rid of or cover up the Stern Insider sensor on the apron so that the machine looks like it doesn't have it? I have seen pics where there is an image of Mando where the sensor is.

#5517 1 year ago

So, hey, I asked earlier, but no answer. Is there a recommended way to convert the premium apron to non Stern Connected? With the pic of Mando on the right side as in the brochure?

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Are you trying to relocate the QR code reader? There are a bunch of threads on that.

Quoted from Crile1:

Can’t remember the seller, but there is a website that sells magnetic overlays for aprons. They have Mando ones that look great in versions with or without opening for stern insider. I was going to get one, but my kids like the idea of having their name on the screen when they play. I could care less about insider. But that sums it up. My 15 and 17 year old app game generation kids love it, my 40-something self could care less. Just want to play the game and hope to put in my 3 initials.

I don't care at all about the feature and don't particularly enjoy staring at this white rectangle. I would rather have something like what is on the left side of the apron without having to spend a bunch of money on new parts.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have a Pro without Insider Connected. Perhaps we could work out a trade if you like.

I prefer the metal apron rather than the plastic.

All I think I would need is an picture insert similar to what is on the left side.

#5542 1 year ago

Still wondering if anyone can point me to a source for an apron image card to cover up the insider connect scanner....

#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will produce Mando apron plastics once I have finished all the Deadpool runs.

Sounds good to me.

#5548 1 year ago

Is the left flipper light not turning on in service mode normal? Mine is doing that since I got it but it works at all other times, just the right one is illuminated in service.

#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I have an ongoing issue with the GI lights on this game causing flippers and other coils to become unresponsive. The GI is divided to the left and right sides of the game. One short in the circuit will cause the whole side to go out and short coils. Mine is mostly on the left side and it goes through node 8. If I unplug the GI on node 8, all other issues disappear. Right side goes through node 9.
I can't tell if it was a bad batch of bulbs or bad sockets, but both seem to be problematic. If you have any GI flickering, you probably have the same issue. My strategy is to replace any bulb that flickers and adjust the ears on the sockets to where they feel tight. I am tempted to order a batch of sockets and start replacing them too, but so far I have been able to adjust the 'short' out of the sockets.

It is not inconsistent. The left flipper lamp always works as it's supposed to but is always off when the service menu is called up. It is a software function or glitch. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this...

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

The service menu activates the red GI on steady. It is probably one of the red bulbs with the short.

The flipper lights are white not red. Can you elaborate.

#5559 1 year ago

Will try that. Will also swap them and see if it continues.

#5560 1 year ago

Here is a concise description of what happens. I have a Premium with the metal apron and flipper leds shining forward onto the flippers, which I probably should have said earlier. If I open the coin door, all the GI lights turn off and the message pops up on the screen that 48V is disabled. When I pull out the switch to re-enable the 48V, all the lights turned back on as they should. I enter service mode and all the lights are still on, this time. I close the door, all the lights turn off, then turn on a second later except the left flipper light. I start a game, and it lights and works normally. I don't think this is a bad connection, but a software glitch. It's not a bulb, but a small pcb lamp.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Don't know if you saw my earlier post. Someone else described the exact same thing awhile back.

I saw your post, but haven't scrolled through every post on this thread to find it.

#5565 1 year ago

No flickering here. Just weird behavior.

3 weeks later
#5786 1 year ago

All Stern pins have at least a dozen screws loose right out of the factory. Check the rest.

1 week later
#5808 1 year ago

I am still looking for an original apron right sight plastic to replace the insider connect scanner, if anyone has one...

Added 19 months ago:

Edit-. Right side plastic.

2 weeks later
#5895 1 year ago

If anyone has installed the apron mounted IC in their Mando and don't need the plastic art that was removed from the arch please dm me as mine came with IC installed and I don't want it.

#5898 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve got 4 replacement plastics for Deadpool left currently. TMNT next due to demand.

This doesn't help at all.

3 weeks later
#5982 1 year ago

Check the connector at the other end of the short cable where it connects to the node board.

#5988 1 year ago

It looks like you could also make the groove where the rubber sits deeper.

1 week later
#6114 1 year ago

Quality will be suspect as has been the situation with the last several released.

#6143 1 year ago
Quoted from Boosted:

I installed Tekman's Ultimate Grogu mod in my Mando this weekend.
A great bit of kit and built so well. From the instructions to the wiring and even the way it was packed is meticulous.
I can see Tekman really takes pride in his work and has developed something special for the Mando fans.
The kids loved him come to life and the old Grogu has found his place as a topper. (At least until I find US$2000)

Can you provide a link?

#6154 1 year ago

I have found that the Stern shaker motor is too much no matter how it is set. The shaker offered from Pinball Life is less intense and works well.

#6166 1 year ago

I also have a SW and a Mando. Both premium. I would describe SW has having long shots and quick with the returns. All the shots on Mando are close range. One is very different from the other. I think they go great together.

1 week later
#6279 1 year ago

That would be a great feature.

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi guy,
We have built a card to replace the ugly insider card at the right of you Mando pinball. This card is built in 3D printing with 3 colors.
You can buy here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07402-mandalorian-decorative-card[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Or you can print one up...

#6366 1 year ago

Who is selling this topper? Not available?

#6382 1 year ago

I am now able to backhand the right ramp, but didn't need to change the post. Using a jewelers file, I deepened the groove for the rubber ring about a mm and I adjusted the flippers a tiny bit upwards so the dimples are just below the center of the bats.

#6454 1 year ago

I have found the some of the stand up targets on the mini-playfield can be out of alignment with each other, making them harder to register.

#6476 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

TJ Max was only $10, but you have to have some luck there.

A little less than 2000 and looks great.

#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Going to order one just to have on hand.

Same here. Looks like it has been redesigned.

#6525 1 year ago

That's all it takes.

#6541 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

anyone else have coming sometimes a second ball into gameplay ? is that a bug or do i have to check for bad switch ??

Loose switch under the shooter lane.

#6552 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

not the case. any other ideas ? happens most time by hitting the right side (at the ramp)

If it occurs because of an impact to the cabinet, then there is a switch closing that normally shouldn't be. Check the trough and ball detecting switches for correct adjustment

1 week later
#6605 1 year ago

What mode puts all 6 balls in play?

#6608 1 year ago
Quoted from sirocket:

this is the way definitely does and if you add a ball with I like those odds in the upper playfield, etc.

Thanks, I haven't gotten that far. Challenge mode doesn't give 6.

#6636 1 year ago

C'mon,what do you expect for your 8000 bucks or more?

#6689 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

WTF are you talking about!?! You seriously don't know how to update a game with a thumb drive?

He is referring to the bugs for non-ic games that are evident.

#6695 1 year ago

Well, I am waiting to update the code to the latest offering as of now. There really should not be any crashing. Thanks to all of you that are doing the beta testing.

#6733 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I just downloaded new 1.41 code for my newly acquired Mando LE, and in the zip file there are 2 versions of the 1.41 code. One has a suffix with -000 and the other has -001, and they are different sizes. I haven't seen this before. Which one to use?

You use both. The files are both copied to the root of the USB drive and the update process figures it out. The technical reason is that the files can only be so large, in terms of file size, so they are split.

2 weeks later
#6799 1 year ago

Pretty much normal on any pin.

#6819 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Anyone else's upper PF on the premium squeak when it moves full range? I don't really notice it during game but when it first powers up I can hear it. Something I need to check/ or be concerned?

Mine did. It's metal on metal. I put a small amount of grease on the pivot points.

1 week later
#6865 1 year ago

It would be better if the plastic was formed properly over the ramp instead of stress inducing rivets. Or better yet, if it was a metal piece like a habitrail type design. If someone decided to make this...

#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I have a 3D printed one that goes on top of the existing plastic and supports it fully, look back a few months in this thread. Wasn’t much interest at the time, my premium on route shoots great with it but it is visually restrictive.

Interesting. Maybe you can refresh with a pic?

1 month later
#7074 1 year ago

Deleted.

#7086 1 year ago

They look too good for my gameroom

1 week later
#7125 1 year ago

Licensing fees is why they won't.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the acrylic inserts for the apron for the premium? Been trying to get them ordered from Stern without much luck. Any reproductions out there?

I have asked and contacted stern and have had no luck. If you find anything, please post.

1 week later
#7175 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I just searched thru the thread and didn't find anything. Did anyone ever make a right plastic for the apron to relocate the insider connect to the coin door?

Looking for this too!

1 week later
#7196 1 year ago

Blue locktite on everything.

1 week later
#7254 11 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Still looking for the right plastic for the apron where the insider connect would be.

Same here.

1 month later
#7384 10 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Still looking for the right side apron plastic. if any of you installed IC in the apron, I’d be interested in the plastic.

Same for me. I have asked before and nobody seems to want to part with it.

#7400 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I am able to easily make those backhand shots with the stock posts. There is a little bit of wiggle room on the post hole so you can loosen it and push it to the right and retighten. That should give you enough clearance to make the shots if you currently can’t.

You don't need to change the posts. I was able to make it work as well.

3 weeks later
#7425 9 months ago

The gate normally lets a ball right by. When a multiball is called for, it will stop the ball that was shot up the ramp for a few seconds, release it, then the machine will launch the multiballs out into the plunger lane and auto plunge them one at a time.

1 week later
#7442 9 months ago

I had a discussion with Brian Eddy today regarding backhanding the right ramp. His intention was to allow that shot as designed. He is aware of some variances between machines and acknowledges the issues. He said most of the time the post in question can be slid a tiny amount and the flippers be adjusted about an eighth of an inch above the dimples. I know that this worked for my machine.

#7446 9 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wear on the flipper. It’s such a tight shot. Any tiny variation in power or mechanical alignment and it will be off.

Agreed. It doesn't take much.

#7452 8 months ago

The update files are large, depending on whether you specified quick or full update. Good job on the repair. I have found things like this on various machines. They have mechanical parts, sometimes things are slightly out of adjustment.

#7471 8 months ago
Quoted from AweHellYeah:

Hey all. I have been following the news on Venom and noticed it is designed by the same person who did Mando and I think Dwight did the code too on both? I like the evolution of the RPG elements where progress is saved in Venom. Two questions, any chance the progress feature would be added to Mando? And secondly, we haven't seen an update in a while. Any planned updates? I know I have submitted a bug for insider connected and home team not showing progress on the topper. But just curious in general if games just stop getting gameplay updates.

Brian Eddy designed them.

1 week later
#7496 8 months ago

I have been saying this for months. Stern says they don't have any. That plastic is unobtainable. If anyone can source it, please post.

2 weeks later
#7534 7 months ago

Paint it?

3 months later
#7717 3 months ago

As soon as the MB starts is when yo hit the flame thrower.

Added 116 days ago:

*to

3 months later
#7795 21 days ago

Can someone who has installed the IC relocation kit post info on availability and cost?

#7797 21 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Can someone who has installed the IC relocation kit post info on availability and cost?

Nevermind, found it at Pinball Life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

9,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=d-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.