IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 156.
#1101 2 years ago

Pro: my upper playfield / encounters has become very glitchy. Seems like the game doesn’t register when ball is in diverted, but opto works perfectly in switch test.

2 issues seem to vary back and forth, and encounters from diverter actually work as intended about 10% of time:
1. Ball is sent to diverter. Ball just sits there for 10-15 seconds, then games realizes ball is there and encounter begins.
2. Ball is sent to diverter. Ball just sits there for 10-15 seconds, game lifts diverter bit all upper playfield targets stay red. Game does not enter encounter mode. If a target is hit in upper playfield, it seems to mess up rest of game: all controlled lights go out. You’re then flying blind in the game until a different mode starts and it’s back to normal.

Any others have similar issues?

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My distributor says my new diverted should be coming but I have been waiting for two weeks.

I meant more the plastic ramp. But thanks for the data point.

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Remove that plastic guard for better upper playfield control on the pro. It drops nice and gentle to the flipper heel.
[quoted image]

Thank you! I hate that my pro 50% of the time drops fantastic, rest of it it barely moves outa there and just slow rolls out.

#1104 2 years ago

Can’t seem to find it, But I’m an idiot in my defense lol. But can someone tell me what grogu to get or where to buy it for the animatronic grogu mod? Appreciate it in advance

#1105 2 years ago

Does anyone else frequently hit a bank shot behind the lowered right scoop on the premium/LE? I seem to get a ball stuck there about once every 10 games. It is interesting…I al,ost feel like they could code in some special logic like it is an unplanned ball lock.

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone else frequently hit a bank shot behind the lowered right scoop on the premium/LE? I seem to get a ball stuck there about once every 10 games. It is interesting…I al,ost feel like they could code in some special logic like it is an unplanned ball lock.

Dirty pool?

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

At the very least i hope they program it so that if the switch in that uturn is triggered while the scoop lift is down, it will lift. I hate waiting for it to lift and wasting its opportunity. Also the struggling to not have it trickle down the middle when it finally does lift is no fun either.

Ive also (only once) had the ball get stuck behind the raising playfield after an encounter. The game does four ball searches (none of which move the upper playfield) then decides youve lost a ball, adds up your score and starts the next ball but as soon as the upper playfield moves it releases the stuck ball....then the game gets hella confused during play and will think draining one of the now two balls in play was your only ball.
Basically if you get a ball stuck back there, yiu need to either fish it out manually or do a hard reset because the game wont right itself on that one.

#1108 2 years ago

Weve had on premium for 3 week and really like it. I do feel like i can confidently make this criticism though,
The upper rollover area is a wasted space and no fun to be in. You cannot even see the D insert. The ball goes down the D the most (a lot) barely hitting other letters and collecting them feels dull anyway. That whole upper left area feels useless. I love the rest of the game and have my game dialed in where all the shots work but man, those stupid CHILD rollover are boring. It feels like i have no control up the like an old flipperless game.

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Can’t seem to find it, But I’m an idiot in my defense lol. But can someone tell me what grogu to get or where to buy it for the animatronic grogu mod? Appreciate it in advance

I don’t think it was posted yet unless I missed a post. He was suppose to release a video last Tuesday with more info on it on what to buy and how to mod it etc. I’m also wanting to mod one. This is the one I have and looks like it’s the same that he is using but can’t confirm. Star Wars The Child Animatronic Edition 7.2-Inch-Tall Toy by Hasbro with Over 25 Sound and Motion Combinations, Toys for Kids Ages 4 and Up https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084PTVQLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_J7PG67AB7C8G2SCH2MF4

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Weve had on premium for 3 week and really like it. I do feel like i can confidently make this criticism though,
The upper rollover area is a wasted space and no fun to be in. You cannot even see the D insert. The ball goes does the D the most (a lot) barely hitting other letters and collecting them feels dull anyway. That whole upper left area feels useless. I love the rest of the game and have my game dialed on where all the shots work but man, those stupid CHILD rollover are boring. It feels like i have no control up the like an old flipperless game.

It’s not really wasted, if you moved the ramps back you wouldn’t gain space in front of them. Is the middle of the playfield wasted on AFM?

That said try removing the rubber from one or two of the middle rollover posts and it will actually go in the middle lanes.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It’s not really wasted, if you moved the ramps back you wouldn’t gain space in front of them. Is the middle of the playfield wasted on AFM?
That said try removing the rubber from one or two of the middle rollover posts and it will actually go in the middle lanes.

In theory it is no more wasted space than any other 3 pop rollover area. My point was that this one is actually less fun than the standard in 100's of games. I like collecting upper rollovers. I find it fun on several games like AFM, Metallica or Skateball but on Mando i just dont like being up there. It seems to be mostly luck when id prefer to have some degree of control through nudging. This design is more like the ball is going to go where the ball is going to go

#1112 2 years ago

I think I just suck at this game, it fucks me up every time I play it.

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

bernieberg fixed it by zip tying the pieces together and said it worked fine.

I'm at about 1000 plays with the zip tie solution. Still with the same zip ties.

#1114 2 years ago

More people have problems with the left plastic slows down an high speed ball? Thought it was my confolux…

#1115 2 years ago

I finally got notice that my PRO is shipping today. Can't wait to join the club!!

#1116 2 years ago

Twice I've had the ball leave the upper pf and the game thinks it's still there. I shoot the encounter ramp to reload it, but then when it drops the ball in there, the upper flippers are dead, like the ball is not in there anymore. . So maybe it really is better to always have the upper pf flipper active.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

the upper flippers are dead

The only time my upper flipper goes dead is when I’ve completed the encounter and the bonus round…the flipper dies to ensure the ball drains out before the next encounter round starts. And I think the same thing seemed to happen during the mini wizard mode if I’m recalling correctly.

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I don’t think it was posted yet unless I missed a post. He was suppose to release a video last Tuesday with more info on it on what to buy and how to mod it etc. I’m also wanting to mod one. This is the one I have and looks like it’s the same that he is using but can’t confirm. Star Wars The Child Animatronic Edition 7.2-Inch-Tall Toy by Hasbro with Over 25 Sound and Motion Combinations, Toys for Kids Ages 4 and Up amazon.com link »

Awesome thanks man! Appreciate it

#1120 2 years ago

First pin and first time installing cliffys. Installation wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would’ve been. Glad to have them on and also have some peace of mind.

6E6D7AAB-3391-4D60-A1D7-9D7613240E06 (resized).jpeg6E6D7AAB-3391-4D60-A1D7-9D7613240E06 (resized).jpeg7B35DF64-EA4C-4B75-8756-1859DA2D71A9 (resized).jpeg7B35DF64-EA4C-4B75-8756-1859DA2D71A9 (resized).jpeg
#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

First pin and first time installing cliffys. Installation wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would’ve been. Glad to have them on and also have some peace of mind.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just cliffy’d my pro last night!
Glad to get rid of masking tape!

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I just cliffy’d my pro last night!
Glad to get rid of masking tape!

Going to sound like a complete idiot here….but what exactly does “Cliffy’d” it mean

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Going to sound like a complete idiot here….but what exactly does “Cliffy’d” it mean

Cliff invented the little metal protectors for pinball and still makes the highest quality ones you can buy. They are called Cliffy’s.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Cliff invented the little metal protectors for pinball and still makes the highest quality ones you can buy. They are called Cliffy’s.

Speaking of Cliff, he just shipped my most recent order today.

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Pro: my upper playfield / encounters has become very glitchy. Seems like the game doesn’t register when ball is in diverted, but opto works perfectly in switch test.
2 issues seem to vary back and forth, and encounters from diverter actually work as intended about 10% of time:
1. Ball is sent to diverter. Ball just sits there for 10-15 seconds, then games realizes ball is there and encounter begins.
2. Ball is sent to diverter. Ball just sits there for 10-15 seconds, game lifts diverter bit all upper playfield targets stay red. Game does not enter encounter mode. If a target is hit in upper playfield, it seems to mess up rest of game: all controlled lights go out. You’re then flying blind in the game until a different mode starts and it’s back to normal.
Any others have similar issues?

Yes, I am having the same issue - all lights go out and and flying blind. Were you able to fix this?

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Ah sweet will check it out, thank you!

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Yes, I am having the same issue - all lights go out and and flying blind. Were you able to fix this?

I have not fixed yet; and you’re the first to confirm a similar issue. The root cause seems to be a lack of the game registering the ball in the diverter, or a massive delay in registering. Lights out flying blind may be a code issue and may be a unique situation when the ball has been chilling up in the diverter too long and encounter is no longer lit or something like that…

#1128 2 years ago

If any club members have been trying to track down a Spike 2 shaker motor, PBL has them re-stocked now-- they were out for a while.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

EDIT: Damn, already out of stock again...

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I have not fixed yet; and you’re the first to confirm a similar issue. The root cause seems to be a lack of the game registering the ball in the diverter, or a massive delay in registering. Lights out flying blind may be a code issue and may be a unique situation when the ball has been chilling up in the diverter too long and encounter is no longer lit or something like that…

I think I have 1/2 of your problem... I don't get the stalled ball in the diverter (or at least not that long). I'll be playing and then the machine thinks that it is in encounters when it is not. The only time I see full lights working in the machine is when in multi-ball, but that makes sense I guess.

#1130 2 years ago

Alright, lowered my typical 6.5-7 angle to 6.3 and it plays much nicer; odd. Still of the judgement that the angles are all off, but at least it’s semi enjoyable.

Would definitely be the first pin I’d sell given the choice, but it’s the one pin my wife feels her own so it stays. Yay - booo

But my god, the thing is a rejecting/bricking machine, cause ill-maths.

Want to love it to pieces, but it just feels… meh. I like it, and I hate it; maybe that makes it good?’

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Alright, lowered my typical 6.5-7 angle to 6.3 and it plays much nicer; odd. Still of the judgement that the angles are all off, but at least it’s semi enjoyable.
Would definitely be the first pin I’d sell given the choice, but it’s the one pin my wife feels her own so it stays. Yay - booo
Want to love it to pieces, but it just feels… meh. I like it, and I hate it; maybe that makes it good?’

That is how I felt about JP at first. Eventually got the angles of that game a bit better by working on my timing. This one is way easier. Just the shots on the right are tough and I cannot backhand the right ramp yet. If I can figure out how to get that to work regularly I would say this is one of the cleaner shooting machines I have owned. Not sure what is going on with yours. At least the entire center and left side should be easy to hit. The right side is makable but certainly tight. Have you had a chance to play it on location? See if it is just yours?

#1132 2 years ago

I agree. At first it was very hard to consistently hear alternating shots from left to right. But last night I must have looped around the machine five times straight.

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

I would encourage you as well to look at tweaks. Fortunately I only had to tweak the left orbit guide out of the box; otherwise my Mando is very clean and very easy compared to JP. Right side backhands available, left backhand to scoop, and it just makes it all that much easier to progress through missions. Getting to the razor crest mini wizard mode can be pretty easy on this game as well - I’m not sure that’s a good thing - but at least multiball modes are pretty fun!

All that to say…if you can get your game dialed in I don’t think you’ll find it as a “bricker”. I also think that it flows best during missions if you can line up shots one after another. Very satisfying.

#1134 2 years ago

Just received my mando pro today. Somehow I got one built june 11th. Just hiding in the corner from the first run I guess.

#1135 2 years ago

Got my LE number 279 yesterday.
I think it’s the best LE Stern have released.
A proper shooters pin, which I love.
Loads to do and like Stranger Things, having full assets makes a huge difference and a similar use of modes to episodes makes good use of the screen rather than just being a glorified scoreboard.
The mini playfield is genius, and makes you choose your shots rather than just bash the flipper buttons, also the amount of game variations with coop mode and limited flipper power give the game amazing last ability for home use.
Yes, I love it.
The code needs some tweaking but nowhere near as bad as a lot of sterns when they get released.
Clearly a lot of love, care and attention to detail has gone into this and the Artwork deserves a special mention because it’s simply gorgeous and the mirrored backglass has to be one of the best I’ve seen.
Just hope they get a spellchecker and tidy some spelling mistakes out lol

303BB8CA-4463-4D2F-AB5D-1443EBD71FA1 (resized).jpeg303BB8CA-4463-4D2F-AB5D-1443EBD71FA1 (resized).jpeg36A14E7E-5289-43F9-BA53-82D9C6659281 (resized).jpeg36A14E7E-5289-43F9-BA53-82D9C6659281 (resized).jpeg7C6B02EB-5198-456D-A88D-0A271AD96DC7 (resized).png7C6B02EB-5198-456D-A88D-0A271AD96DC7 (resized).pngA3E4F2D2-D4E7-44E0-97ED-17811C57BC2D (resized).jpegA3E4F2D2-D4E7-44E0-97ED-17811C57BC2D (resized).jpegB64E3B93-F159-4745-91FB-7EBAFCF13EDB (resized).jpegB64E3B93-F159-4745-91FB-7EBAFCF13EDB (resized).jpegCBB1DCB1-007C-495E-A1D9-AA7AA758B65B (resized).jpegCBB1DCB1-007C-495E-A1D9-AA7AA758B65B (resized).jpeg
#1136 2 years ago

Looks beautiful thanks for sharing your first impressions! Just wondering if you made any tweaks out if the box? Cheers.

Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Loads to do and like Stranger Things, having full assets makes a huge difference and a similar use of modes to episodes makes good use of the screen rather than just being a glorified scoreboard.
The mini playfield is genius, and makes you choose your shots rather than just bash the flipper buttons, also the amount of game variations with coop mode and limited flipper power give the game amazing last ability for home use.
Yes, I love it.
The code needs some tweaking but nowhere near as bad as a lot of sterns when they get released.
Clearly a lot of love, care and attention to detail has gone into this and the Artwork deserves a special mention because it’s simply gorgeous and the mirrored backglass has to be one of the best I’ve seen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1137 2 years ago

That Le is stunning... IMO it’s the best Cornerstone LE package from Stern since Star Trek LE. Congrats on your new game.

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

How do I play co-op mode? Also is there a way to end the game without needing to turn off power? Thanks

Its in the menu.

#1139 2 years ago

Hi All
Hoping this is the right place to ask... anyone seen any after market rails to replace those crappy plastic ones on Mando Pro?? They cause too much reflection (for me anyhow) with regards the playfield lights, and shots etc.
Thank you

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:New Mando Premium checking in!
Crappy photo because I've been too busy giving it some plays...
Will add a shaker and all the Stern accessories when they arrive.
Debating getting some anti-reflection/invisiglass vs. some Pinstadiums (or both) to help with the reflection on the backglass.
Other than that, still in the honeymoon phase...

Turn down the backbox light

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from superolav:

Turn down the backbox light

I did exactly that and it made a huge difference.

Great setting there and I kind of like the dramatic effect of the backglass "dimming" when you press Start.

It makes you focus on the playfield to begin your adventure...

Still may get some Pinstadiums and anti-reflective glass but more because I like to mod out my pins...

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Yes, I love it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Looking machine!

What is the manufacture date of your LE #279? I should receive mine in the coming days.

#1143 2 years ago

Ok need to hear thoughts how to handle this one. New Mando le and out of the box chips on a NEW LE. I’m sure there is it to find.

What would you expect done?

4CFBEDD2-59C4-47B5-8553-5ED8D396D78D (resized).png4CFBEDD2-59C4-47B5-8553-5ED8D396D78D (resized).png55A7D699-5AA2-417B-946C-6E0AD807BB5D (resized).jpeg55A7D699-5AA2-417B-946C-6E0AD807BB5D (resized).jpeg
#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigetoo:

Ok need to hear thoughts how to handle this one. New Mando le and out of the box chips on a NEW LE. I’m sure there is it to find.

Contact your distributor ASAP. They should get in contact with Stern and hopefully get a replacement playfield shipped out.

Unfortunately my Premium has some chipping also. :/

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, the chipping doesn't affect the art so they may not be as willing to replace the playfield. You should look into Cliffy's otherwise.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigetoo:

I'd put Cliffy's on in.

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigetoo:

What Peanuts said, or dab some clear on it, or both.
I doubt you would get a new playfield over that.

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigetoo:

Dab some clear on it and definitely cliffy your game!

#1148 2 years ago

Agree put some clear on it. That is not a heavy travelled area for the ball. Either cliffy or shooterlane protector will do enough.

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigetoo:

I’d cover the shooter lane area with Mylar and keep playing.

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d cover the shooter lane area with Mylar and keep playing.

That works too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.