IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:- I had a hard time seeing the mini-pf (I am 5'9"). I had to physically move closer to the machine when it was up there. Hopefully Premium/LE with the mini-PF being higher won't be an issue.

With the Premium upper pf tilting (or is it rotating??) towards the player it should help with that. But I think it’s going to be harder than the pro for that reason.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

The big question is will Stern ever stop over tightening these ball guides?

Or will they start using washers - my guess is they will once the complaints start coming in. Mind you, the ball guides chipping is not a new problem.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

first game back and I nearly beat the game! 565 million... completed all missions (won 4) completed all multiballs and both of their wizard modes... finished two encounters and drained trying to light the third.

That’s a bit of a worry.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Someone on FB was giving impressions of playing a mando premium. Can that be right? Have they even shipped an LE yet?

Jack Danger played a Premium on launch. Not sure if that was a prototype or they may have done a small run up front or with the LE’s for dealers with showrooms?

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

first game back and I nearly beat the game! 565 million... completed all missions (won 4) completed all multiballs and both of their wizard modes... finished two encounters and drained trying to light the third.

Quoted from November:

Not sure this game will receive a "lot more code" anyday...the most of it is here i guess

I’m a little concerned the game is too easy. We’ll see I guess.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

The JB weld lasted 8 plays. I now have it zip tied. Its surprisingly solid, and the ball still flows to the staging area fine. Hopefully this will last longer...
I didn't get a good pic of the zip ties on the diverter out of the machine, but here it is installed:[quoted image]

Nice work…..don’t show Stern or that will become the official fix.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Played 7 games on Mandalorian LE 11 at Helicon. Left ramp shot up to the upper playfield are bouncing out maybe 50% of all shots. Quite a few of those are draining back stdm. Feels like twilight zone how the ball bounces off the upper playfield diverter. Mando ball stop to upper playfield needs a magnet on the back to stop bounce backs.[quoted image]

Not familiar with the actual mech, but can you just add some dead foam to stop it bouncing out?

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

That’s an optional play mode where using the flippers drains a “power bar” on the display, and if the power bar gets too low for either flipper then that flipper becomes unresponsive for a few seconds while it recharges. Basically discourages you from trapping up for too long and forces you to move more quickly. When the flipper power gets dangerously low the GI also flashes red and there are some buzzing sounds. Obviously intended to increase the challenge for experienced players.
I believe it also eliminates or dramatically shortens the ball save and makes it so you can’t buy certain items (armor?) at the foundry.
Also comes in a mode where player 1 has the flipper limitations but players 2 through 4 do not.

Would be cool if this mode was also a mode in normal game play.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes
[quoted image]

Ill be in for one of those.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

That’s an optional play mode where using the flippers drains a “power bar” on the display, and if the power bar gets too low for either flipper then that flipper becomes unresponsive for a few seconds while it recharges. Basically discourages you from trapping up for too long and forces you to move more quickly. When the flipper power gets dangerously low the GI also flashes red and there are some buzzing sounds. Obviously intended to increase the challenge for experienced players.
I believe it also eliminates or dramatically shortens the ball save and makes it so you can’t buy certain items (armor?) at the foundry.
Also comes in a mode where player 1 has the flipper limitations but players 2 through 4 do not.

Can anyone conform if this power bar mode makes an appearence in regular game play?

Would be cool if there was a mode based around this within the game. Be a shame to waste it clever coding. Xaqery ??

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

No need for a flipper power bar in normal play, it's only impossible mode when they weaken

Why no need? Would be a fun mode.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

It just bounces around them and into the staging area. I'll try to get a video this weekend sometime.
No question it isn't ideal. But it doesn't affect game play.

Does it stop the bounce back people are complaingin about?

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Consider this my vote to keep it.

Plus 1 here - sounds cool.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This should be the final version for the Helmets mod....the original version was fully printed in resin. This meant the stakes weren't as tough as they needed to be. The new version is printed in 2 pieces and the stakes themselves are steel, which will definitely an improvement. The current version is in the league machine and Mando is in the bank this week so it will get a ton of plays on it. I would imagine by the weekend I will know of I feel confident enough to start producing them.
Thanks again
Tom D
DIDDY'S Mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Keeps getting better! Love it.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

A 6.5 out of 10? Are you for real?
That would put it at #338 in the Pinside ratings. Really???

Clickbait.

3 months later
#2626 2 years ago

Just unboxed my LE (yes it took that long for Australian LE’s to get here) and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.

What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

#2631 2 years ago

Holy cr*p…..I didn’t think it was possible Stern could use a louder fan in their power supplies. But they’ve managed to find one for Mandolorian. They’ve always been bad, but this is like a 747 taking off.

PinMonk ….order incoming.

Speaking of, how’s the heating of these Mando flipper coils?

1 week later
#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Minimal just adjusts the frequency of its triggering. Not the intensity when it does.

To adjust intensity you can adjust the actual position of the weights in the shaker.

2 weeks later
#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully agree, it did not come down too much and is the best shot in the game, because its tougher. In fact, it feels like a lot was taken away by the scoop not coming down as much and seems like the 180 scoop is way underutilized now. I did speak directly with Dwight about this and he was kind of enough to reply to my concern. I don’t think he’ll mind me sharing it here:
Hey Man -
The 180 scoop doesnt come down now becuase there is no more advancing toward AMBUSH. How to get to AMBUSH has completely changed.
I will think about adding the 180 scoop to TRY TO ESCAPE.
Right now it comes down for all the super jackpots.
Thanks for the chat
- Dwight
So hoping he adds it back in, as it was one of our families favorite parts of the game! Was so intense and exciting with the music and all, which made it one of the most looked for shots in the game. Completing it with the red light flashing on top, is pinball nirvana and makes one feel like they’re in the Mando universe successfully escaping. Only coming down during super jackpots is not near as fun.

100% agree Thunderbird - haven’t played the new code yet but if that vertical U turn a shot has been nerfed that’s a huge disappointment for PreLe owners - easily one of the most satisfying shots in the game and shouldn’t be limited to Supers.

1 week later
#3163 2 years ago

It’s a tough game - everything is so close to the flippers and any bricked shots are really punished. And the whole right side are very narrow shots. Not a game for shooting on the fly. In fact most shots are better backhanded.

Finding it hard to put up scores on this new code also.

1 week later
#3226 2 years ago

Wonder why the upper PF is a Mando helmet and not a ship? Feels like it was designed be a ship but for some reason was changed to a helmet. Really makes no sense playing pinball on the helmet. Maybe a licensing thing?

#3227 2 years ago

Most times when I hit a lit right orbit, either the post misses the ball completely or the ball bounces back out. Anyone else?

#3246 2 years ago

Pisses me off when I finally complete the helmet modes (forgot the name) and almost invariably drain off the upper pf instantly without hitting a bonus target - which is the whole point completing the modes.

Would be really nice if the bonus mode was timed so you at least get one more chance to get up there and get some points after all that work in the first place.

#3270 2 years ago

I know I keep saying it, but this game is brutal. Is it just my setup? I dont hear anyone talking about this. Unusually brutal for such a mainstream accessible theme.

Close and mostly narrow shots. Hungry outlanes. You miss a shot and it's full on survival mode. The upper PF is also brutal with those full sized flippers. There's mostly nowhere to hide anywhere on the playfield. Even in multiball you cant relax.

But as with most brutal games, when you put a good game up it 's soooooo rewarding. Might take 10 shit games to get there. Reminds me a bit of TNA in that sense - which I loved and miss alot. This might fill that gap for me.

Jury still out, but I keep coming back to it like a drug. I have a sense there's greatness in there somewhere - I just need to keep the ball alive long enough to find it.

#3349 2 years ago

So if I have flamethrower kit, and have also bought Whistling Bird or add a ball, how do I activate one or the other with the button?

Also, do my Foundry purchases carry over from ball to ball?

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

you press it when it when the item is highlighted

Where is it highlighted and how do I change which one is selected?

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

The Uturn didnt always register. I think on a clean shot to the Uturn the ball carries enough speed that it rides up the ball guide high enough to not make contact. Any wonky slower shots would register. Bending the switch so that it sits higher but maintains its arch seems to resolve that. Now the ball seems to always contact the switch on faster smooth shots to the Uturn

I get this a lot also. Thinking of installing a Mag Reed switch in there. Anyone tried?

#3372 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I want to help clear this up.
To use your equipment you do not need to look at the screen. You should not look at the sceen.
The flamethrower can be used anytime you have it and a ball is in play. When you have it the button will flash ORANGE. Hold the button to set all the shots on fire. It takes about 2 seconds.
All the other equipment works the same. If you have it and the ball is in play the button will flash when you can use it. It will flash of the correct color. Other than the flamethrower, all equipment can only be used at specfic times.
If more than one thing can be used the game chooses one for that time. It chooses them in this order:
RIFLE - Only good during a multiball - The button will flash GREEN.
JET PACK - Only good during an Encounter while you have a ball on the mini-playfield or about to be. The button will flash RED.
WHISTLING BIRDS - Only good during a mission. The button will flash YELLOW.
ARMOR - Always works. It increases your ball save times. The Button is not used.
SO, TL/DR
If you only have one piece of equipment its simple; the button will flash when it can be used.
If you have one of the 3 and the flamethower its also simple you can use either depending on how long you hold the button.
If you have 2 of the three the game will pick which is active.
The display has nothigng todo with the button and when you can use equipment. All it does is cycle between all the things you do have and trys to educate you about what they do.

So if you have flamethrower and rifle flashing for example, a quick press will activate rifle only? You’ll still have flamethrower unused? A longer press will start flamethrower and once done you’ll still have rifle unused?

#3413 2 years ago

Disagree - dump DP for sure.

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Code-wise Rule-wise amazing depth and width

Nothing exceptional.

But it does have great art, call outs, humour and music which counts for something I guess.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Can’t confirm because I haven’t played it personally (waiting for that NIB experience) but tilt forums shows that the 2nd encounter locks in the tilt of the upper playfield when you make the ramp shot. Suggests you can time your shot for the incline you prefer, which is cool.
Only appears to apply to encounter #2 though, Catch the Jawas.[quoted image]

Quoted from spidey:

It must be the 2nd mode (playfield insert 2) that has the really steep pitch. Maybe Dwight wants us to use Jet Pack for that level. Still, I'd rather have it not as steep.

Edit: I need to verify I hadn’t somehow already completed the first encounter.

I’m not 100% clear on the terminology here, but I’m also getting the upper pf stuck on max tilt on part 2 of the first encounter.

The 3 encounters each have 3 stages? So according to the tilt forum rules, the 2nd encounter has the tilt lock thing (ie. Complete the 3 stages of the first encounter, then start the second encounter?) .

The tilt lock at max shouldn’t happen until stage 3 of the first encounter? But it seems to be happening in the second stage of the first encounter.

#3474 2 years ago

Also enjoying this new code.

As stated before would really love a timed period during the bonus level of the encounters where if you drain instantly you have a short period to shoot back up and take advantage of the bonus round. So once bonus is qualified you have a minimum X seconds in bonus. If you drain off the helmet before Xsecs, it’s still lit and you can get it back up there to get some more points.

It’s so easy to insta drain on the final shot of the final round (it’s so steep). Super frustrating when you put all that work to get to the bonus and you get no bonus.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Seem to be experiencing that max incline on level 2 of mode 1, is that the same as everyone else?

Yep. And it's at MAX - not the normal level 3 incline. Like vertical.

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Long time in the making for the LE owners.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p229/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod.html
Shooter rods and plates still available and ship within 24hrs of order.
Hookedonpinball.com
[quoted image]

Noice!

Australian shipping?

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So I know how to adjust the flippers to make them line up with the dot. But how do I move the actual position so its closer to the dot? Or does everyones look like this? Right one seems a bit off to me.
[quoted image]

You can’t adjust them laterally. They look fine to me - the holes are only meant as a guide for the angle.

1 week later
#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hi pinballers,
Am I the only one who think when we purchase Heal and we lose the ball (for example in the middle), the Heal should be kept for the next ball? We didn't use it so logically we should still have it..

Do any of the Foundry purchases carry over ball to ball?

1 week later
#3946 2 years ago

Anyone feel like the Super Skill shot is kind of worthless compared to its difficulty? I love the idea of it - it’s almost like a mini mode - but it’s so disappointing when you make it and you get $750k and multiball lit for example. It’s easier to light multiball in regular play!

1 week later
#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

I have an LE at home, and played a Pro for the first time on location yesterday. Maybe I was just "in the zone" when playing the Pro, but the left ramp felt MUCH easier to hit.
Is it possible there is a difference in ramp entrance setup angle or width between the Pro and LE/Premium??

Wouldn’t think so, but definitely the right horseshoe vs vertical ramp would be significantly easier on the pro. That vertical horseshoe ramp has to be really accurate on the PreLe, but is an easy shot all the time on the Pro.

1 week later
#4362 2 years ago

I hope Mando Madness is not a Midnight Madness mode. They’re such a waste of programming.

4 months later
#5536 1 year ago

Who’s making the best animated Grogu kit? I’ve already got Grogu, just need the electronics.

Was originally on Abate’s list but that never eventuated, so after someone reliable.

2 weeks later
#5732 1 year ago

Personally can’t stand midnight madness modes. If you’re going to spend all that effort coding, why not just make it another mode to achieve in regular gameplay?

1 month later
#5904 1 year ago

I’ll just drop this here……

8FCC31FF-98F4-4B06-A7A0-07C3D8B35B21 (resized).jpeg8FCC31FF-98F4-4B06-A7A0-07C3D8B35B21 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mando toppers approved a week or two back, surely we will see a reveal soon?

This is Stern J85M …. Since when do reveals go as expected?

2 weeks later
#6072 1 year ago

Sounds like the locked modes are more substantial than previous topper modes. Locking gameplay behind paywalls is insidious in a hobby where the hardware is really expensive. Only thing worse is locking them behind a subscription service.

#6078 1 year ago

Watching the video on my PC, have to admit it looks pretty cool.

I think my pet peeve about topper locked gameplay modes is that it takes alot of programming to make a couple of modes exclusively for a topper that only a select few will own......on a game that has bugs and is not finished yet!

Hate midnight madness modes also - a waste of coding expertise.

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

Are you referring to the rubbers on the flipper with sleeves? Sorry, still new to this life >.<

Coil sleeves - the plastic tube that goes inside the coil that allows the plunger to slide easily. They get worn after a while and it’s worth’s changing them every so often……

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

Easy to change out when you’re changing the backstop - flipper should feel like new again after changing both.

1 month later
#6672 1 year ago

Can an original Mando LE owner confirm whether or not your game can with spare plastics (ie goodie bag). Maybe post photo of what came with the game?

#6699 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can an original Mando LE owner confirm whether or not your game can with spare plastics (ie goodie bag). Maybe post photo of what came with the game?

Anyone got any info?

#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I reached my hand In and this was in my LE
[quoted image]

Great - thanks. Doesn't look like any spare sling plastics or others?

#6703 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, just key chain stuff and a Manual

Thanks alot - really appreciate you checking for me.

#6711 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry dude it was a late one by the time we got home and we’ve had this StrepA since which wow is rough!!
Just went into my LE and the only plastics are key chain plastics, my goodie bag is exactly the same as Happys above.[quoted image]

Thanks J85M . Hope you all get better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
Toppers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop
Shooter rods
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.