IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 156.
#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mine comes up now when child is lit and seems to drop the ball in there when super pops is lit and running.

Do you have a pro or premium?

#3002 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Do you have a pro or premium?

Running Prem/LE code

#3003 2 years ago

Anyone with a Pro have the post come up when the child is lit?

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I will try that today

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Tested and it stays for me too

#3007 2 years ago

Well, what the hell? My post works correctly during raise on right orbit mode but not on the raise when needed mode.

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Well, what the hell? My post works correctly during raise on right orbit mode but not on the raise when needed mode.

I tried for fun the "always off" option, just in case the 2 options were reversed but no success.. I will put it back on until a fix release.
fyi Xaqery

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Maybe we don't understand the "raise as needed" option

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I tried for fun the "always off" option, just in case the 2 options were reversed but no success.. I will put it back on until a fix release.
fyi Xaqery

Yep, I tried that too. Must be a bug in the Pro because the premium people report it working how I thought it should.

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yep, I tried that too. Must be a bug in the Pro because the premium people report it working how I thought it should.

Anyone message D-White?

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Xaqery or anyone question: Didn’t the 180 scoop come down every time after shooting the ball through the horseshoe from the left side? Now after code update 1.01 it no longer lowers unless scope or ambush is initiated. Am I missing something? Is that the way it should be? Didn’t the 180 diverter also come down during “Try to Escape” before 1.01? What are the times the 180 diverter is suppose to lower?

I was wondering about this as well. Its possible I missed it but I didn't see any replies. - ?? thanks

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I'm sorry but which post are you talking about?

#3014 2 years ago

The post at the back which deflects the ball into the Child area.

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from Speedracer773:

I was wondering about this as well. Its possible I missed it but I didn't see any replies. - ?? thanks

Surprised no one else has seemed to notice that since 1.01 update, when the hurry up “Try To Escape” happens, the 180 diverter ramp no longer lowers. It has to be a bug. It was so much more fun when it lowered in that part of the game during the hurry up. Made it more intense than just a regular through the horseshoe shot like it is now.

#3016 2 years ago

Before I bug Dwight could another pro owner confirm that the post doesn't stay up like it should?

#3017 2 years ago

having issues with getting the new code, i've downloaded the file, extracted it, when i choose the file in etcher, there's two files and no matter which one I select, it says it's missing partition table etc...This seems like it should be fairly straight forward but I am clearly managing to eff it up. Can someone help me figure out what i'm doing wrong? thanks in advance.

Downloaded code over wifi is much easier now but with older code, i can't do it yet.

#3018 2 years ago

these are the files that extract from zip file

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3019 2 years ago

Just tried the new code and love the tweaks!!!

I also wonder if wonder if something has changed (or is wrong) with the u-turn (LE), the ramp no longer drops allowing you to attempt that shot. It doesn't seem right to me.

#3020 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Before I bug Dwight could another pro owner confirm that the post doesn't stay up like it should?

Just confirmed on my Pro. Child lit, shot right orbit and post didn’t come up.

Edit: shooting the left orbit with child lit, the post worked perfectly. Could have sworn the game said “child lit shoot right orbit” but maybe I’m wrong. Left orbit works

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Did it not come up at all or did it come up and immediately go back down?

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

these are the files that extract from zip file[quoted image]

I've found that just reformatting the USB stick every time before loading on a new set of code helps smooth out the entire process. Since I started doing that haven't had any issues.

If you can try just reformatting it as a fat-32 drive and then just drag both the unzipped files onto it. If that doesn't work try another USB stick, but it still having issues at that point might be time to call Stern. Good luck!

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

these are the files that extract from zip file[quoted image]

Yes you need both on the drive the game will do the rest during the update

Edit: was about to add have both files on the main drive folder nothing else, but Chuck beat me to it below.

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And those files are the only thing that should be on the usb stick. No folders no nothing. Just those two files.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Edit: shooting the left orbit with child lit, the post worked perfectly. Could have sworn the game said “child lit shoot right orbit” but maybe I’m wrong. Left orbit works

Pretty sure this was a bug in older code maybe it’s somehow worked it’s way back into the latest code.

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Surprised no one else has seemed to notice that since 1.01 update, when the hurry up “Try To Escape” happens, the 180 diverter ramp no longer lowers. It has to be a bug. It was so much more fun when it lowered in that part of the game during the hurry up. Made it more intense than just a regular through the horseshoe shot like it is now.

Maybe we are the only ones? ....for my part I think this quirk is much more interesting than some

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from Speedracer773:

Maybe we are the only ones? ....for my part I think this quirk is much more interesting than some

I’ve got a few mates coming round tonight so will look into this properly when I can see others shooting it. Previously I felt it came down too much, almost every shot to the u-turn it would drop, I think it’s something to do with Dwight re organising ambush.

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve got a few mates coming round tonight so will look into this properly when I can see others shooting it. Previously I felt it came down too much, almost every shot to the u-turn it would drop, I think it’s something to do with Dwight re organising ambush.

I didn't feel it came down too much at all. That shot is a hard one to make and could be the most fulfilling shot in all of my games. As it was designed in previous code was absolutely perfect.

Sidenote: Backhanding that drop ramp from the right flipper on-the-fly is better than an orgasm

#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Did it not come up at all or did it come up and immediately go back down?

Looks like I was wrong when I get closer. Both left and right orbits have the same issue. Post pops up and drops really quickly so a slower shot won’t catch the post and filter into the child area.

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Edit: was about to add have both files on the main drive folder nothing else, but Chuck beat me to it below.

Thanks all for helping, to clarify, in Etcher, you can only select one file to flash so I can't select both files. However, are you saying that I can just copy and paste the files onto a thumb drive and then insert into the machine for the update?

I thought you had to flash them onto an SD card then insert the card in place of the existing.

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thanks all for helping, to clarify, in Etcher, you can only select one file to flash so I can't select both files. However, are you saying that I can just copy and paste the files onto a thumb drive and then insert into the machine for the update?
I thought you had to flash them onto an SD card then insert the card in place of the existing.

Copy those two files into the root portion of a 4gb or greater thumb drive formatted to FAT32 and insert into one of the USB ports and turn on the machine. Machine should detect the files and enter update mode automatically. If not might be an issue with your thumb drive.

No need to etch or do anything. Just copy and paste.

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Correct. Copy just those two files onto a USB stick. Turn the pin off. Put in the USB stick. Turn on the pin.

Don't touch the SD card at all.

#3033 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Looks like I was wrong when I get closer. Both left and right orbits have the same issue. Post pops up and drops really quickly so a slower shot won’t catch the post and filter into the child area.

Thanks. I PMed Dwight.

#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Correct. Copy just those two files onto a USB stick. Turn the pin off. Put in the USB stick. Turn on the pin.
Don't touch the SD card at all.

hallelujah, thanks y'all. clearly I making this more complicated. Thanks again.

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

hallelujah, thanks y'all. clearly I making this more complicated. Thanks again.

Reflashing the SD card is a whole different process that needs a completely different file set.

There are instructions at the top of EVERY readme file of every code update. They state:

Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy the spk file to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3 - Remove the USB stick from your computer when it is finished writing.
4 - Power the game off.
5 - Insert the USB stick.
6 - Turn the game on.
7 - After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
8 - The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
9 - Once the update is completed, the game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I will try this evening if nobody else does.

#3037 2 years ago

Gonna replace my Grogu with the animated toy tomorrow. Anyone got a step by step how to remove Grogu?

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Gonna replace my Grogu with the animated toy tomorrow. Anyone got a step by step how to remove Grogu?

Pull the playfield and it’s two screws that hold him in. Once you pull the playfield and take a look behind grogu it’s obvious what you need to do mate, it’s super easy.

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I didn't feel it came down too much at all. That shot is a hard one to make and could be the most fulfilling shot in all of my games. As it was designed in previous code was absolutely perfect.
Sidenote: Backhanding that drop ramp from the right flipper on-the-fly is better than an orgasm

Fully agree, it did not come down too much and is the best shot in the game, because its tougher. In fact, it feels like a lot was taken away by the scoop not coming down as much and seems like the 180 scoop is way underutilized now. I did speak directly with Dwight about this and he was kind of enough to reply to my concern. I don’t think he’ll mind me sharing it here:

Hey Man -

The 180 scoop doesnt come down now becuase there is no more advancing toward AMBUSH. How to get to AMBUSH has completely changed.
I will think about adding the 180 scoop to TRY TO ESCAPE.

Right now it comes down for all the super jackpots.

Thanks for the chat

- Dwight

So hoping he adds it back in, as it was one of our families favorite parts of the game! Was so intense and exciting with the music and all, which made it one of the most looked for shots in the game. Completing it with the red light flashing on top, is pinball nirvana and makes one feel like they’re in the Mando universe successfully escaping. Only coming down during super jackpots is not near as fun.

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I will try this evening if nobody else does.

Can confirm - that post does not seem to come up at all when the child is lit... I have a Pro

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully agree, it did not come down too much and is the best shot in the game, because its tougher. In fact, it feels like a lot was taken away by the scoop not coming down as much and seems like the 180 scoop is way underutilized now. I did speak directly with Dwight about this and he was kind of enough to reply to my concern. I don’t think he’ll mind me sharing it here:
Hey Man -
The 180 scoop doesnt come down now becuase there is no more advancing toward AMBUSH. How to get to AMBUSH has completely changed.
I will think about adding the 180 scoop to TRY TO ESCAPE.
Right now it comes down for all the super jackpots.
Thanks for the chat
- Dwight
So hoping he adds it back in, as it was one of our families favorite parts of the game! Was so intense and exciting with the music and all, which made it one of the most looked for shots in the game. Completing it with the red light flashing on top, is pinball nirvana and makes one feel like they’re in the Mando universe successfully escaping. Only coming down during super jackpots is not near as fun.

100% agree Thunderbird - haven’t played the new code yet but if that vertical U turn a shot has been nerfed that’s a huge disappointment for PreLe owners - easily one of the most satisfying shots in the game and shouldn’t be limited to Supers.

#3042 2 years ago

Thanks for the updates. That's a real bummer and a step backward in gameplay. I'm devastated...

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks for the updates. That's a real bummer and a step backward in gameplay. I'm devastated...

I’m going to take mine back to the old code till Dwight puts it back in. Not as motivated to play Mando now, with that shot eliminated. You could so easily activate it whenever during game play, but chances of making it were hard, hence the feeling of escaping was so cool when the shot was made.

#3044 2 years ago

Totally agree, it was a hard shot to crack and used perfectly in terms of number of opportunities to make it. Uturn just feels dull now.

Dwight I'm praying you're up for another tweak! Please bring that mega beautiful shot back!

#3045 2 years ago

@Dwight, I have a few more suggestions:

Could you add these HSTD?

AMBUSH CHAMPION
HUNTER CHAMPION
SCOPE CHAMPION
BESKAR CHAMPION
DANK FARRIK CHAMPION

Could you lower the TROUGH EJECT POWER (240 is too much)?

I think that the second sentence, from the latest rulesheet, is no more needed: Each encounter has 3 levels. After completing each level you will have a few seconds of a Bonus Level.

Thanks a lot!

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Reflashing the SD card is a whole different process that needs a completely different file set.
There are instructions at the top of EVERY readme file of every code update. They state:
Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy the spk file to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3 - Remove the USB stick from your computer when it is finished writing.
4 - Power the game off.
5 - Insert the USB stick.
6 - Turn the game on.
7 - After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
8 - The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
9 - Once the update is completed, the game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

Thanks man!

#3047 2 years ago

I've been holding off the newest code and am still enjoying 1.00. Sounds like holding off the new update is the right choice at the moment. I'm not too thrilled to hear about how you move to the next multiball in the new code. I love that the encounters will advance more quickly, but more points should be awarded for that. Just my opinion.

#3048 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

@Dwight,
Could you lower the TROUGH EJECT POWER (240 is too much)?

You can change it in the settings, the minimum is 150 but unfortunatelly it's still way too strong.. if we could go to 100, that would be great.

#3049 2 years ago

I think there's another bug with the code on the Pro version. Happened to me yesterday and today too. When you do a mid force plunge to reach the mini playfield at ball #1 and you successfully complete this skill shot then nothing is lighted on the playfield, you only see the red Encounter #1 mission lighted and also the blue light from the mini playfield. The green arrows for Razor Crest should be lighted and some other. Even if I go to the scoop, it will remains all dark, and if I aim the scoop again, then one of the yellow mission will start and everything is now playing properly.
Am I the only one to have seen this?

20211218_092210 (resized).jpg20211218_092210 (resized).jpg

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

You can change it in the settings, the minimum is 150 but unfortunatelly it's still way too strong.. if we could go to 100, that would be great.

Plus, isn’t that standard in Stern titles? Seems like one of the first things that’s recommended for a NIB Stern is turn the trough power way down.

I don’t recall the minimum setting on my DP, but it did let me go too low, to the point where balls wouldn’t eject into the trough. It took some experimenting and I think ~150-170 is where I landed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.