IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 156.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone else notice how when you lose the ball early and the ball save animation plays that when Grogu catches the ball on the screen the ball is shot to Grogu's hand on the playfield? Pretty cool!
Has anyone else created a solution for the ball flying off the middle ramp and hitting the long left side plastic/ flasher? I added 10 #10 washers and it still isn't high enough with a 1 1/4 inch post. They make 1/4 inch hex posts? Maybe I can get a couple of those for the 2 front attachment points and change rear hex post to 1 1/2 inch...

What incline is your game at?

I am looking at create a plastic for the ramp exit that will force the ball down into the orbit.

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I dunno. Never checked. Probably close to 6.5 I think.

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am looking at create a plastic for the ramp exit that will force the ball down into the orbit.

This is an excellent idea! I thought about this as well.

#2154 2 years ago

I’m thinking 2 different topper ideas

(1) Animated Mandalorian head. Thinking the lines of BKSOR. Stern would just replace the head with a Mandalorian helmet and some different plastics and Voila….Mando topper.

(2) How about the animated Grogu on top. Heck, they can run down to Costco and buy the pallet of Grogus another Pinside listed in a photo and rig him up at the top, making gestures towards shots and different gameplay elements. Can you imagine walking in a barcode as some random Joe Blow and seeing the animated Grogu on the top with all of his cuteness moving and grabbing your attention, causing you to levitate towards the pin to play it?

This is the way. (Ahem). Sorry…. Couldn’t resist.

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wonder what the topper could be doesn’t give much away the icon for it.
[quoted image]

Click it. The settings are the same as that for R2D2 - so the topper is probably IG-11, the nurse droid variant of course.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Brilliant idea!

My game is running at 6.3. Need to double check flipper power but I lowered it quite a bit from stock settings.

#2157 2 years ago

@Xaqery,

I started exploring the machine this weekend, the work already done on the software is excellent!

I have two quick suggestions that come to mind:

Could there be a setting for the power of the left ramp diverter coil? Indeed, my balls, passing under in the orbit, tend to get caught/magnetized by the back of the coil when it is active. The power of the coil is too high by default in my opinion.

At the end of an encounter, when the exit post of the the mini playfield (PRE / LE) is up and there is the score screen with accuracy, this screen/position of the post should be a second or two shorter, or a rewarding sound/callout/choregraphy should me more present to fill this interlude.

That's all for today. Thanks for your work!

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Brilliant idea!
My game is running at 6.3. Need to double check flipper power but I lowered it quite a bit from stock settings.

6.7 here and not really any issues unless it’s a super fast clean shot and it just catches the edge. Testing something today that will hopefully be a cost free fix!

#2159 2 years ago

This is an excellent idea! I thought about this as well.

Got something I am texting at the moment that seems fix the issue even when a games close to 6 degrees and it costs nothing!

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Got something I am texting at the moment that seems fix the issue even when a games close to 6 degrees and it costs nothing!

Hoping for a successful test dude!

#2161 2 years ago

So this left ramp fix seems to work 95% of the time and costs nothing!

It does require you to potentially file out the hole (BLUE CIRCLE) of the ramp exit ever so slightly depending on the position of your ramp from factory, as well as the metal guards holes (GREEN & YELLOW CIRCLES)

But before you file anything, the first thing to do is loosen the top metal guard screw (GREEN CIRCLE) and move the post and guard over towards the pop areas as far as you can (do not remove the screw, we just want to use up any movement/space we have from factory first) while holding it in place tighten it back down - mine had clearly moved a good few mm’s leaving the guard at a slight angle /

Next loosen the YELLOW screw/circle, and repeat what you just did with the GREEN screw, your guard should have now levelled out | and moved over as a result.

Lastly loosen BLUE screw and move the ramp over if there is any play in it, you want the inside (right wall) of the ramp to be pretty much in line with the guard, although it can be ever so slightly past it as 99% of the time shots follow the outer wall (left side) of the ramp exit).

Now test your game with normal play, I could never get it to hit the plastic using my hand to throw the ball up the middle ramp.

If this doesn’t solve the problem 99% of the time you will likely need to file the ramp hole (BLUE) in order to move the ramp over a touch more. Hopefully that solves the problem for everyone, it worked for me without having to file the ramp but I had enough play it to move the outside of the ramp (left wall) slightly further in than the orbit ball guide below.

02D8A07E-C8FC-4CF9-97A6-CBBD9761B9AD (resized).jpeg02D8A07E-C8FC-4CF9-97A6-CBBD9761B9AD (resized).jpeg
#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So this left ramp fix seems to work 95% of the time and costs nothing!
It does require you to potentially file out the hole (BLUE CIRCLE) of the ramp exit ever so slightly depending on the position of your ramp from factory, as well as the metal guards holes (GREEN & YELLOW CIRCLES)
But before you file anything, the first thing to do is loosen the top metal guard screw (GREEN CIRCLE) and move the post and guard over towards the pop areas as far as you can (do not remove the screw, we just want to use up any movement/space we have from factory first) while holding it in place tighten it back down - mine had clearly moved a good few mm’s leaving the guard at a slight angle /
Next loosen the YELLOW screw/circle, and repeat what you just did with the GREEN screw, your guard should have now levelled out | and moved over as a result.
Lastly loosen BLUE screw and move the ramp over if there is any play in it, you want the inside (right wall) of the ramp to be pretty much in line with the guard, although it can be ever so slightly past it as 99% of the time shots follow the outer wall (left side) of the ramp exit).
Now test your game with normal play, I could never get it to hit the plastic using my hand to throw the ball up the middle ramp.
If this doesn’t solve the problem 99% of the time you will likely need to file the ramp hole (BLUE) in order to move the ramp over a touch more. Hopefully that solves the problem for everyone, it worked for me without having to file the ramp but I had enough play it to move the outside of the ramp (left wall) slightly further in than the orbit ball guide below. [quoted image]

Is the idea here to get the balls trajectory to move towards the shorter right side of the long plastic that normally gets nicked and therefore miss hitting it all together? Gonna try this! Thanks!

#2163 2 years ago

Is the idea here to get the balls trajectory to move towards the shorter right side of the long plastic that normally gets nicked and therefore miss hitting it all together? Gonna try this! Thanks!

Pretty much mate yeah, by watching in slow-mo I could see the ball riding that left wall 99% of the time when hitting the ramp exit and occasionally riding the top of the orbit and not dropping into the orbit until it hit the plastic.

Your aiming to bring the left wall of the ramp in slightly further than the orbit wall itself so it can’t ride the orbit wall into the plastic and simply drops faster into the orbit itself.

#2164 2 years ago

Sorry this is really crude paint job but basically the ball would ride the orbit wall into the plastic red line, you want to adjust so the ball is dropping into the orbit cleanly white/green line.

4CBA4E1D-42A3-44D1-9BC7-C7D38DE69608 (resized).jpeg4CBA4E1D-42A3-44D1-9BC7-C7D38DE69608 (resized).jpeg
#2165 2 years ago

Did what you said and have had zero hits to the plastic after several games! Hoping this took care of it! Thanks!

#2166 2 years ago

Did what you said and have had zero hits to the plastic after several games! Hoping this took care of it! Thanks!

Awesome! Glad it worked for you buddy!

#2167 2 years ago

Now I just need to work out how to adjust the up/down ambush scoop. Anyone?

#2168 2 years ago

Has anyone else noticed a new sound with code .98 that sounds like something has just timed out? It’s not the ambush sound that I’m familiar with but something else.

#2169 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Has anyone else noticed a new sound with code .98 that sounds like something has just timed out? It’s not the ambush sound that I’m familiar with but something else.

There is a unique sound when the play field multiplier times out. Maybe that’s it.

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

There is a unique sound when the play field multiplier times out. Maybe that’s it.

That’s it! Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully I never hear it again haha

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wonder what the topper could be doesn’t give much away the icon for it.
[quoted image]

TIE Fighter cockpit window?

#2172 2 years ago

thewool did the fix above work for you buddy?

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

thewool did the fix above work for you buddy?

Funny I was just reading the instructions again. I'm going to try it today mate, will report back later.

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Funny I was just reading the instructions again. I'm going to try it today mate, will report back later.

Cool, if you have enough play in things it should be a 5-10min fix, hopefully you don’t need to file the ramp exit. I’ve got my game at 6.7 so pretty steep with flipper power lowered from factory ever so slightly.

#2175 2 years ago

Little public service announcement for anyone with a Prem/LE.

Check the up/down ambush scoop is not hitting into or scraping the playfield as it drops down. It can be hard to see as there’s a little metal nub on the right side of the scoop body.

If your not sure put a piece of cellotape down on the playfield and run a few tests on the scoop coil, if it digs into the cellotape you need to lift the scoop up slightly.

54006458-768D-4BA1-B40A-62A4A2A5630A (resized).jpeg54006458-768D-4BA1-B40A-62A4A2A5630A (resized).jpeg
#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Little public service announcement for anyone with a Prem/LE.
Check the up/down ambush scoop is not hitting into or scraping the playfield as it drops down. It can be hard to see as there’s a little metal nub on the right side of the scoop body.
If your not sure put a piece of cellotape down on the playfield and run a few tests on the scoop coil, if it digs into the cellotape you need to lift the scoop up slightly.[quoted image]

How are you adjusting it?

#2177 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Already done, I’ll post a brief how to shortly, been playing the crap out of it before the end of school and the kids return home

#2178 2 years ago

What’s Madness Multiball?

#2179 2 years ago

Looks a little daunting at first but fairly easy strip down to get to the scoop mounts.

First remove the two red screws located on the top level of the ramp!
A0EDEBC2-10F6-406E-A1E1-ABD8147EF088 (resized).jpegA0EDEBC2-10F6-406E-A1E1-ABD8147EF088 (resized).jpeg

Next go under the playfield and locate the routed hole directly below the ramps exit/optos, every wire for the ramp is fed through the same hole, the optos are marked up on both sides of the connectors however 3 others are not so just mark them up for ease.
EF9475FC-56C8-414F-B773-2048F5884E3C (resized).jpegEF9475FC-56C8-414F-B773-2048F5884E3C (resized).jpeg
Disconnect what you need to in order to gain enough slack to remove the ramp! I had to disconnect them all to get enough wiggle room to remove ramp.

NOTE there is also a locking nut directly under the ramps entrance flap, move this while your under the playfield (I missed this and it took me a minute or 2 before I realised a nut was holding the ramp down
Took a photo from above the playfield for reference.
985E90B3-CDD7-470E-8E8E-4AA8138DF597 (resized).jpeg985E90B3-CDD7-470E-8E8E-4AA8138DF597 (resized).jpeg

Once the ramps out the way, locate the scoops locking nuts and remove both!
29DBF7B9-78B3-48D5-88E3-382AEF27DC82 (resized).jpeg29DBF7B9-78B3-48D5-88E3-382AEF27DC82 (resized).jpeg
I placed the smallest and thinnest washer I had under the blue screw hole and refitted everything to test, placed a new piece of cellotape down to double check and no issues with it digging up the tape and it shoots like a dream!

Hope this helps if anyone else has the issue with the right side digging in or scraping.

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

What’s Madness Multiball?

I'm not certain but I'd guess it's the Dank Ferric multiball you can get from the foundry. It's certainly weird enough to earn that name

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

I'm not certain but I'd guess it's the Dank Ferric multiball you can get from the foundry. It's certainly weird enough to earn that name

I don't think so. There's two distinct ball save timer settings. One for Dank Farrik and one for Madness.

#2182 2 years ago

Anyone played at midnight yet??

#2183 2 years ago

Still no fix for the Foundry selection?

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I have no issue with 2 LEs double press the button and it selects everytime.

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

</blockquot

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Mine works fine, just hit the button twice.

I think your supposed to hold the button now to select (sure it says something in the readme, maybe I’m wrong?) but like you I double press and it works everytime, can’t wait for .99 to see what else Dwight adds in, easily my fav game of all time.

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think your supposed to hold the button now to select (sure it says something in the readme, maybe I’m wrong?) but like you I double press and it works everytime, can’t wait for .99 to see what else Dwight adds in, easily my fav game of all time.

I hope he does something with that upper popup post

#2188 2 years ago

If I think of it tonight I will try to get a game in at midnight.

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes both East coast time and Chicago time. No Midnight Madness observed.

#2190 2 years ago

Yes both East coast time and Chicago time. No Midnight Madness observed.

Damn...

#2191 2 years ago

Maybe it’s too come, I know Dwight has more planned for Mando, very excited to see .99 and 1.0 arrive.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Dank Ferric is a separate mode. Madness Multiball does absolutely nothing right now except start a 3-ball multiball with no jackpots, animations, etc. unless I’m missing something.

So I’m choosing to believe that it’s going to turn into a Medieval Madness easter egg, and that hitting the left ramp is going to trigger callouts like “they took our thermal detonators!”

So with this completely baseless and unfounded theory in mind, what are some of the best Mad Libs you guys can come up with for Mando-themed “they took our _______” callouts?

#2193 2 years ago

So with this completely baseless and unfounded theory in mind, what are some of the best Mad Libs you guys can come up with for Mando-themed “they took our ______” callouts?

they took our meconium - no idea what that is in the callout though, googling it states some nasty stuff

#2194 2 years ago

So with this completely baseless and unfounded theory in mind, what are some of the best Mad Libs you guys can come up with for Mando-themed “they took our ______” callouts?

Bill Burr took our Blurrg...

#2195 2 years ago

Dank Ferric is a separate mode. Madness Multiball does absolutely nothing right now except start a 3-ball multiball with no jackpots, animations, etc. unless I’m missing something.
So I’m choosing to believe that it’s going to turn into a Medieval Madness easter egg, and that hitting the left ramp is going to trigger callouts like “they took our thermal detonators!”

How do you start Madness Multiball?

#2196 2 years ago

they took our meconium - no idea what that is in the callout though, googling it states some nasty stuff

Meconium, as in the tar-like stool that comes out of newborns in their first couple BMs? Yeeeeeah no thanks.

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks a little daunting at first but fairly easy strip down to get to the scoop mounts.
First remove the two red screws located on the top level of the ramp!
[quoted image]
Next go under the playfield and locate the routed hole directly below the ramps exit/optos, every wire for the ramp is fed through the same hole, the optos are marked up on both sides of the connectors however 3 others are not so just mark them up for ease.
[quoted image]
Disconnect what you need to in order to gain enough slack to remove the ramp! I had to disconnect them all to get enough wiggle room to remove ramp.
NOTE there is also a locking nut directly under the ramps entrance flap, move this while your under the playfield (I missed this and it took me a minute or 2 before I realised a nut was holding the ramp down
Took a photo from above the playfield for reference.
[quoted image]
Once the ramps out the way, locate the scoops locking nuts and remove both!
[quoted image]
I placed the smallest and thinnest washer I had under the blue screw hole and refitted everything to test, placed a new piece of cellotape down to double check and no issues with it digging up the tape and it shoots like a dream!
Hope this helps if anyone else has the issue with the right side digging in or scraping.

This should be a key post

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

This should be a key post

Thanks dude appreciate that, but I have no idea how to do that

Just happy the two fixes I’ve posted (center ramp exit to left orbit & ambush scoop) have helped people out and worked on multiple games.

I got another incoming although it is less of a fix and more of an aesthetic improvement IMO.

#2199 2 years ago

How do you start Madness Multiball?

Wellllll, I don’t know of a way to start it from regular gameplay and I’m not sure it’s wise to get into specifics in public since it involves some modifications to the game that may be frowned upon.

I’ll grab a vid of it running on my machine, though.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

These are sick.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mandalorian side armor looks really nice! Are they metal and do they feel sturdy?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leominster, MA
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.