IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 156.
#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Guarantee it is the grogu spotlight.

Winner winner.

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Awesome, thanks!

Not necessary with the new sterns. It should have a metal retainer guard on the front of the bulb socket. Just make sure that sits in front of the bulb and blocks it from coming out.

#2504 2 years ago

I seem to recall that early runs of Mando didn't have the bulb retainer. My July Premium did, but the bulb still popped out until I reseated the retainer clip, and it's been fine ever since.

#2505 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Spoke last week with my distributor about my deposit I placed in May.
Was originally told July shipment. Then it was September. Then it was October. Now I'm being told March. Ridiculous. I'm out. Especially when there is no proactive communication from Stern at least apologizing and providing an explanation.

That’s insane! We placed our order in September. We were told today that they would be back on the line in December and that we would most likely have ours before Christmas. I won’t hold my breath… but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. We’ve been waiting for TBL for a year now so this has been nothing!

#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from MamaLovesPinball:

That’s insane! We placed our order in September. We were told today that they would be back on the line in December and that we would most likely have ours before Christmas. I won’t hold my breath… but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. We’ve been waiting for TBL for a year now so this has been nothing!

This is the same info that I was given at the beginning of this month. Since I have seen the date move a couple times now, I won't be holding my breath either. Blue is not a good color on me.

#2507 2 years ago

Just waiting on the topper now.

D9DAB9DD-6220-42CE-AB3B-3BF9E89E85CA (resized).jpegD9DAB9DD-6220-42CE-AB3B-3BF9E89E85CA (resized).jpeg
#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not necessary with the new sterns. It should have a metal retainer guard on the front of the bulb socket. Just make sure that sits in front of the bulb and blocks it from coming out.

Echo this. My spotlights have never fallen out after 3 months of constant play, I adjusted the bulb retainer before a ball was played.

#2509 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just waiting on the topper now.
[quoted image]

That side armor looks great on the pro, it really complements the artwork. Still waiting for mine, ordered in early July.

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This is the same info that I was given at the beginning of this month. Since I have seen the date move a couple times now, I won't be holding my breath either. Blue is not a good color on me.

Yesterday I was told premiums go back on the line mid december. Im in same boat was told first run, then it never came. Then 2 months ago thought i was getting it but no dice. Was thinking march but was just told going on the line in december. Lets hope

#2511 2 years ago

So after noticing some wear on my mates upper playfield, I contacted Cliff and he’s done it again people!

Introducing the Mando Mini Playfield Edge protector.

Anyone interested please reach out to Cliff directly.9169E439-D769-408E-B9CF-E7DB618EEF5B (resized).jpeg9169E439-D769-408E-B9CF-E7DB618EEF5B (resized).jpeg0A8FEA84-E5A4-4141-9B3D-6AF88770359D (resized).jpeg0A8FEA84-E5A4-4141-9B3D-6AF88770359D (resized).jpeg89D78F92-BE1C-4B54-8532-8C12A51991E0 (resized).jpeg89D78F92-BE1C-4B54-8532-8C12A51991E0 (resized).jpeg

#2512 2 years ago

Picked up a pro and didn't expect the plastic ramps crossing the middle of the playfield to bother me this much. Considering the metal wire habitrails mod but don't want to fork out $220 if the ball frequently falls off the habitrails. Has anyone had an issue with this after swapping them out?

#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a pro and didn't expect the plastic ramps crossing the middle of the playfield to bother me this much. Considering the metal wire habitrails mod but don't want to fork out $220 if the ball frequently falls off the habitrails. Has anyone had an issue with this after swapping them out?

OEM rails are cheaper...if you can find them in stock.

#2514 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got a pair and haven't had a single instance where they fell off personally. Don't know about others but after some very minor adjustment they fit in great and were a huge upgrade

#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I put them on mine and it made a huge difference. Have not had a single issue with a ball falling off.

#2516 2 years ago

Having played both pro and prem/le, those wireforms are a must have!

They play and feel better plus they look a million times better than the plastic.

#2517 2 years ago

Anybody know if the “Making of the Mandalorian” seminar from expo is available anywhere? Or, in lieu of that, any interesting nuggets of info that were revealed during it? I know cameras weren’t allowed in the stern virtual factory tour, but wasn’t sure if that rule extended to the other seminars.

#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody know if the “Making of the Mandalorian” seminar from expo is available anywhere? Or, in lieu of that, any interesting nuggets of info that were revealed during it? I know cameras weren’t allowed in the stern virtual factory tour, but wasn’t sure if that rule extended to the other seminars.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1191167511 @ 8:19:30

#2520 2 years ago

For you Premium and LE owners, check the wire harness going to the flippers on the upper playfield.
Mine was so tight that it broke a wire off on one of the coils and it pulled the wires out of the pins on the plug under the playfield.
Hoping to get it re-pinned today.

#2521 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Threw together a summary of interesting bits, for anyone who doesn't care to watch/listen:

- There was originally no "loop" behind the ambush up/down scoop-- just a standup target. They changed it to a loop after getting feedback from other members of the Stern team.
- There was some development time put into a "Force Flip" (like phantom flip) that would use optos in the inlanes to detect ball speed and flip the flipper accordingly for you. It was planned to make 1 of 6 shots "for you." It didn't repeat reliably, so they turned it into what is now the "Scope" feature.
- The Razorcrest originally moved along a rail with each hit, finally lifting the target below the Razorcrest once the ship was pushed to the back of the machine. They couldn't get the mechanism reliable enough to include, and removed it since it was "still fun without it."
- They talked about how the child sculpture actually helps keep the ball from getting too wild during the magnet activity
- Total video content runtime is 63 minutes across 457 *.mp4 clips, from 800 storyboards.
- Jerry was given all the audio tracks separately from Disney (sound effects and dialogue) so that it was easier to separate those assets and use them.
- [Show Spoiler] They originally wanted to get Nick Nollte for the callouts, but he ended up dying in the show so they thought Carl Weathers was a better choice.
- Disney advised Stern to "leave space for" characters who had not yet been revealed, so that once they were revealed (as episodes released) they could still be worked into the art/game.
- Randy Martinez shared that the art of Mando/Grogu flying towards you (down by the flippers) was based on a 3D model Chuck Ernst threw together for him on short notice, so that Randy could use it as a reference and make sure he nailed the artwork for it. They showed a playfield art mockup with the 3D model in place of the artwork. Randy said he loves that it's front and center because it reminds him of how much teamwork played into the development of the machine.

I think the Razorcrest bash-back toy would have been awesome. Bummer they couldn't get it to work, the game seems like it could have used a bash toy like that.

#2522 2 years ago

Watched the seminar last night as well and I loved the passion that Randy Martinez had for making this game. He said it was one of his best artistic experiences ever. I really like his style and hope he will do more pinball in the future - would like to see what he can do with something non-Star Wars.

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Watched the seminar last night as well and I loved the passion that Randy Martinez had for making this game. He said it was one of his best artistic experiences ever. I really like his style and hope he will do more pinball in the future - would like to see what he can do with something non-Star Wars.

If Book of Boba Fett, Ashoka and Obi-Wan end up being juggernaut hits for Disney like Mando, you can bet Disney will be keen to license them for every dime they can, so we might get to see Randy again. Curious what he can do outside the Star Wars universe as that is the only work of his I have seen.

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think the Razorcrest bash-back toy would have been awesome. Bummer they couldn't get it to work, the game seems like it could have used a bash toy like that.

Sounds a little like a more complex version of a vari-target, could have been fun to hit but what they ended up with is still a super fun shot. I think they spent all the BOM before they got to Grogu, I’m not buying it that the sculpt is there to control the ball.

Any mention of the topper?

#2525 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sounds a little like a more complex version of a vari-target, could have been fun to hit but what they ended up with is still a super fun shot. I think they spent all the BOM before they got to Grogu, I’m not buying it that the sculpt is there to control the ball.
Any mention of the topper?

Hah, yeah-- I think I agree with you on the Grogu point. Probably more of a "silver lining" than a design decision.

No mention of the topper that I heard.. Full disclosure, I had it up on one monitor while I worked on the other, so I could have missed some details. I think my lizard brain would have sent up some alarms if it heard the word "topper" though.

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Book of Boba Fett, Ashoka and Obi-Wan end up being juggernaut hits for Disney like Mando, you can bet Disney will be keen to license them for every dime they can, so we might get to see Randy again. Curious what he can do outside the Star Wars universe as that is the only work of his I have seen.

https://www.randymartinez.art/illustration

Also this if you want to keep the BTTF rumor train running.

https://www.randymartinez.art/product-page/back-to-the-future-san-diego-comic-con-2017-exclusive-le-print

#2527 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Couldn't agree more about Randy's art style , very impressive. I had the opportunity to speak to him at expo a couple weeks ago and rest assured he will be doing more pinball. He's about to begin a new project for stern it should be out in 2022. He couldn't give any specific details except to say that it is in the works. Also also a genuinely good guy, and was kind enough to sign a couple of trading cards of his that I picked up at the show. My favorite now resides in my Mando pro. Looking forward to seeing more of his work.

IMG_20211102_162150481 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_162150481 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_162211235 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_162211235 (resized).jpg
#2528 2 years ago

The long lost premiums on the line?

B1F94D3E-50A9-4DD8-ACF5-32BB015167A2 (resized).jpegB1F94D3E-50A9-4DD8-ACF5-32BB015167A2 (resized).jpeg
#2529 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

[quoted image]

Sweet baby Jesus. I sure hope so. Maybe my December Premium build will actually happen?!?!

#2530 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

[quoted image]

Definitely premiums you can see the top of the upper playfield targets in a couple of those.

74576CBF-46F0-43B8-B530-5D5950B9C9D4 (resized).jpeg74576CBF-46F0-43B8-B530-5D5950B9C9D4 (resized).jpeg
#2531 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

[quoted image]

Where did you see this? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I sure hope it’s true!! We were told we should have our Premium before Christmas…

#2532 2 years ago

Where did you see this? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I sure hope it’s true!! We were told we should have our Premium before Christmas…

Instagram.

#2533 2 years ago

I see. I think it’s an older post. Seems odd that the distributors would be saying they won’t be back on the line until Dec 13th. Stern didn’t post this.

#2534 2 years ago

I see. I think it’s an older post. Seems odd that the distributors would be saying they won’t be back on the line until Dec 13th. Stern didn’t post this.

Maybe an old pic, but the original post from mostpinball and is 4 hours old. Stern put it in their IG story a few hours ago.

#2535 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Maybe an old pic, but the original post from mostpinball and is 4 hours old. Stern put it in their IG story a few hours ago.

Well we can always hope. I think I’m just afraid to get my hopes up. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for before Christmas like we were told.

#2536 2 years ago

I'm curious how easy it is to remove the mini playfield on the Prem/LE models.

One of the targets on my mini playfield is at an odd angle, so would like to adjust it.

Does anyone know the steps required with removing the mini playfield?

mando_mini (resized).pngmando_mini (resized).png

#2537 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

One of the targets on my mini playfield is at an odd angle, so would like to adjust it.
[quoted image]

Super easy to remove.Takes about 5 minutes.

#2538 2 years ago
20211111_175318 (resized).jpg20211111_175318 (resized).jpg20211111_175325 (resized).jpg20211111_175325 (resized).jpg
#2539 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

OEM rails are cheaper...if you can find them in stock.

From where? At Marco the Prem/LE wire forms were almost twice as much IIRC.

#2540 2 years ago

Noticed that the exit to the ambush horseshoe doesn’t have a washer and looks like the clear is chipping. This happened to my deadpool on the katana ramp. Has anyone removed this and put a washer there? Was it a pain in the butt?

AA5CBB90-3017-4104-A182-0FBF8B197162 (resized).jpegAA5CBB90-3017-4104-A182-0FBF8B197162 (resized).jpeg
#2541 2 years ago

Got all my mods in my pro! Mirror blades, shaker motor, wireforms, animated Grogu, shooter lane protector and Gina ramp decal. Looking pretty premium for a pro.

20211111_211911 (resized).jpg20211111_211911 (resized).jpg
#2542 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Super easy to remove.Takes about 5 minutes.

That's what I like to hear Any advice on the steps to follow?

#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Noticed that the exit to the ambush horseshoe doesn’t have a washer and looks like the clear is chipping. This happened to my deadpool on the katana ramp. Has anyone removed this and put a washer there? Was it a pain in the butt?
[quoted image]

Yes. This has been mentioned throughout this thread or the other Mando thread, to put a washer at both ends of that ball guide of the U turn. I did it while my playfield was disassembled to fit a playfield protector.

#2544 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

That's what I like to hear Any advice on the steps to follow?

2 screws one on each side to keep the hook bracket in position where the mini playfield rods sit in the U bracket. Remove the nut on the lever underneath the playfield and disconnect the wire connectors, I think there were three? I forget that part without looking at it.

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yes. This has been mentioned throughout this thread or the other Mando thread, to put a washer at both ends of that ball guide of the U turn. I did it while my playfield was disassembled to fit a playfield protector.

I thought saw it, but I couldn’t remember. The other end already has a washer so I just need to add a washer to the exit. Thanks! I guess I will be doing that right away.

#2546 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Got all my mods in my pro! Mirror blades, shaker motor, wireforms, animated Grogu, shooter lane protector and Gina ramp decal. Looking pretty premium for a pro.
[quoted image]

Looks like you need the Encounter (left) ramp Cliffys as well.

#2547 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

[quoted image]

I have a couple like that as well, not sure I would decide to change its position as it would require re-drilling holes.

#2548 2 years ago
Quoted from jackhearts:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice mods, that IG -11 looks great in there, and so do those tie fighters. How did you mount those tie fighters?

#2549 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

From where? At Marco the Prem/LE wire forms were almost twice as much IIRC.

Pinball Life. They were like $175 or so.

#2550 2 years ago

Well I just checked Pinball Life and they are nowhere to be found now... I should have picked up a set when I had the chance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop
Plastics
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.