Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

515 posts in this topic match your search for posts by j85m. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1538 2 years ago

I may have missed it but is anyone making a foundry mod?

1 week later
#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Excellent Job!
FYI : Disney recently decicided to rename the Slave 1 as Firespray:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/boba-fett-ship-slave-i-new-name/amp/
But it will stay the Slave 1 for most of us.

No they didn’t! Like all of Disney’s stupid woke decisions I pretend they never happened

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

was an honest question . So no answer but a downvote.

Okay I’ll bite and answer.

A lot of the NIB sales are from speculators/scalpers who thought this would be the next TRON LE because it was Star Wars.

Other sales are always the same as every other release, newest game is brought a couple dozen or couple hundred plays later the next new title is revealed and they sell up for the newest release, happens every release.

As for the game itself, it’s fantastic, I prefer the LE/Prem because of the up/down 180 ramp shot that thing is just fun and both shots are great! Flow is great once you get it going and the foundry/beskar RPG element to the game is awesome!

My only real gripes are the upper playfield isn’t as good as it could have been and the child magnet above the rollovers is just a dump idea and complete waste - why randomise an area that’s already pretty random? But everything else makes up for those two gripes of mine and the upper playfield is still interesting and fun the only real negative is the magnet/child I mentioned above everything else is brilliant!

Now add Luke Dwight and his Mando S2 scene and this will be a keeper!!

#1683 2 years ago

Didn’t realise people where still putting these on.

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Dwight added a cool visual cue to know when all shots have been “hit” by the flamethrower - at least when you are in a multi ball. The blinking ball save light will go solid while the flame thrower is active and go back to blinking when you can let go of the action button.

Dwight is great at visuals and a lot of the time the frame work of his code is superb, I think Mando might be his best, the flamethrower is brilliant theme integration on a code level and the foundry RPG elements are very fresh and fun.

I just wish he would follow through with the polish that always seems to be lacking with his games, not sure if it’s timeframes Stern impose on him but when other coders are polishing their games to a shine why can’t Dwight?

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's a really really nice touch to see some of the concept arts from Christian Alzmann and Ryan Church in the attract mode. And in some way, Cara Dune is in the game...
[quoted image][quoted image]

If we can alter the code through pinball browser I would like to see a lot more of Cara Dune, loved her character and the fact Disney keep trying to push strong women as an agenda it’s ridiculous they removed her character.

Plus they don’t come much stronger or tougher than Gina, regardless of her political views she an actress playing a character that’s all that should be considered.

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What are the best / worst aspects of this game?

I have only played the LE so with that in mind:

Best

• Theme
• Full Audio/video assets
• RPG elements in the foundry
• Code implementation of the above 2 points
• shots as a whole are easy to shoot, Smooth and fun with special mentions to;
• Ambush up/down ramp both awesome and maybe my favourite shots!
• Ramps are both fast and fun to shoot
• Best Star Wars pinball machine!

Worst

• Upper playfield is repetitive and a little lacklustre to shoot
• Child lanes with magnet complete waste and make no sense although moving grogu mod makes that area feel less like a waste
• Razor crest swing target is abit meh a reverse drop target would have been interesting, or just a drop target.

Although it’s worth noting I wouldn’t call the worst parts bad, they are more like areas that should have a could have been better but what is there is still fun albeit repetitive, the child Lane and magnet is really the only WTF where you thinking part of the game, but the rest is so good you don’t really get hung up on it.

#1782 2 years ago

Any word on accessories yet? Namely topper?

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Is there any word on an upcoming code update?

No and worryingly it wasn’t mentioned on the last Stern of Union and without looking I can’t remember if it was on the one previous to that.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Not a whole lot of people talking about it, but man...
-When you can get in the groove and repeatedly nail the drop down ambush ramp on a prem/le it's pretty freaking rewarding. One of my favorite shots in pinball!

100% agree in my post above about the good and the bad that someone asked, that ambush ramp was one of my biggest plus points it’s a brilliant shot and super fun to hit and repeat as it drops and lifts

#1823 2 years ago

Anyone found Luke in the code yet? Listening to super awesome pinball show he is in there but not in “this is the way”. Managed to get the mission and razor crest mini wizard modes today so guessing it’s the encounter wizard mode?

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I have the same issue. I wouldn't remove it but maybe loosen it a bit?

Raise it with a couple of spacers worked like a charm, rejects from the left are my trouble, then when your too clean you get bounce back off the diverter even with dead stop foam on it.

#1856 2 years ago

Buy Robert’s @ Hooked on pinball and distress it a little yourself, the quality of Robert’s stuff is always second to none.

#1880 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I like your faith in my machining skills, but that sounds like a job I could totally make a mess of!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"89c5bc1b75c8b119a9e344aced49f685126bf344-1633039906-1800"};
//]]>

Any idea how many LEs are here in the U.K.?

#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

0.98 update code introduced The Challenge Mode (You Have What I Want timed wizard mode separate game play) and it is fun! My 7 year old likes it.

.97 had this is the way debug yes/no option in the menu, very cool mode that unlocks those signets on the score leaderboard.

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

How do you access this after you turn it on?

I don’t know if .98 removes it so make sure you are still on .97 go into the menu and off the top of my head without looking I think it’s in feature adjustments fairly close at the start maybe adjustment #6 you can’t miss it.

The adjustment will say “this is the way debug” with options “yes/no” set it to yes and when you start a game it will begin in the wizard mode, it’s a fantastic mode!

#1921 2 years ago

Come on Dwight get this game polished like a marble floor this ones too good to leave buggy.

It does concern me that with every update there are always new bugs more so than any of the other code teams at Stern, really want to see this one polished to insane levels, I feel like this is Dwights best code package to date and one of the best code packages out of Stern period!

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

extra foundry mod from Tdiddy listed for sale in marketplace under my name.

How good is the mod? Does it block the view of child lanes or anything?

#1924 2 years ago

PinMonk any chance you have done any testing on Mando yet Vic? I am positive that there is fade after a good 30/40mins of constant play the left ramp just seems harder and harder to make.

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had an owner test it, and there is fade. I rated it as moderate overall (severe on one, mild on the other), and it seems to be most evident on the left flipper with a peak temp of 168F, but the right has it as well, to a lesser extent.
I updated the chart on the product page. Thanks for the reminder!

Awesome thanks for the quick Reply Vic, anything moderate to high I feel is well worth the investment in your flipper fans.

Funny thing is I don’t notice it at all on my left flipper unless I am trying to back hand the left ramp (maybe that’s why after extensive play that seems harder, didn’t think of that previously) but right flipper most definitely starts struggling with the left ramp that’s what made me ask.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Good call, I always forget you can buy a multiplier.

Shit didn’t know that!

I was about to post how do you get all 3 multipliers lit on the right.

Get one from completing boba stand ups (green), the other from competing all 3 shots of scope? How do you get the orange x1?

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Of course just opinions Mando does not work with stop/play for me, except for the foundry backhand to make sure it does not pop out. By playing quick I can string together many more shots that Maiden (Mando upper post disabled here). For example, both loops of Maiden (premium) are pretty clunky, the same with the ramps. I brick more loops/combos that I actually make. But it's all good, both games are amazing!

Agree with you here, maiden frustrates the hell out of me because looking at it from a layout point of view it should flow like a river but for me it’s clunk city, the ramps and inner loops rattle or clunk way more than they should.

And I totally admit it’s likely my fault and must play better but Mando is a flow monster for me - I will try that upper post disabled and see how I like that, does it affect the child lanes? Not much else the up post is used for to my knowledge other than the child lanes.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

During last night's deadflip stream Dwight said that the post always comes up on a right orbit so I guess it's working as intended? Not a fan of that decision.

Yeah I would much prefer it only when child is lit, no other need to go into the rollovers unless child is lit and ready, come on Dwight change this and add in some combos and combo high scores.

#1966 2 years ago

Xaqery hey Dwight what is your take on the up post? Seems to be a popular opinion to only activate it when child is lit.

Mando flows surprisingly well it seems a shame to limit that flow and fun and any plans to focus and add combos? Thanks

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Playing around with some gels. Went blue on the CHILD lanes and green on the child and heal inserts. Nice cheap mod, pleased with them!

Quite like the green might have to try that on the child lanes too.

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no plans for combos to be added. Sorry.
I read a lot of forums and talk to lots of people. I am not sure I would agree its popular. Maybe its popular in England. : -- )
This doesnt mean its not a good idea.
1 - The right orbit is the only way to send the ball to the top lanes during play. I beleive it would be bad design to have zero ways. Completing the top lanes leads to bonus multipliers which could lead to some good end of ball bonuses.
2 - By design, if the post comes up, a shot up the right orbit should go to the top lanes. It should not come back down the right orbit. When I play I would say the ball returns back down the right orbit about 12.5% of the time.
3 - I think I will add a tweak to the disable top pot adjustment. It will have 3 settings: DISABLED, CHILD, NORMAL defaulting to NORMAL. The new setting will only bring up the top post when the child is lit. I will add the CHILD setting to the INSTALL DIRECTORS CUT.

THE CHILD is lit from shooting orbits and the top skill shot. So it will be okay.

Awesome and thank you for taking the time to respond Dwight.

The Child option for the up post sounds like a perfect way of increasing flow and balancing the top lanes so thank you for being here and taking on feedback, its hugely appreciated.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome and thank you for taking the time to respond Dwight.

The Child option for the up post sounds like a perfect way of increasing flow and balancing the top lanes so thank you for being here and willing adjusting code from feedback, hugely appreciated.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Just for the record. Combos are part of Missions. If you shoot a yellow mission shot the remaining mission shots will flash blue and yellow for a short time giving a combo value if you shoot it before the time runs out.

Cheers Dwight this I didn’t know, mostly because I don’t have much chance to look up at the screen when playing.

So is there recognition for these combos within mission? For example on the lcd feeding back to the player they have achieved a mission combo.

And do you get additional Beskar for making these combos within missions?

A combo scoreboard would be a great addition, the more to achieve within the game/leaderboards the better especially with this game as it’s one of the best code packages ever imo, the foundry adding RPG elements into pinball is genius.

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So have we got any explanation regarding if the Foundry is working as designed after the software update? I haven't updated yet as there were reports about the action button not working.

You can just time it out, well worth updating!

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That's insane. Have people reached out to Dwight about this? Surely they have... I have to believe something as major as this will be addressed at some point.

I don’t believe the issues on games Dwight codes are his fault, you can see the passion he puts into his code when they do the reveal streams and he deep dives into the rules, on podcasts you can hear his passion and the crazy amount of thought he puts into trying to make each code packages different from the last.

The fact he comes here and reads Pinside and takes on feedback (like the up post and hopefully fingers crossed more combos for Mando) is all the proof you need he is committed and passionate. It probably has alot more to do with the time Stern give him on a project before they assign him to the next.

Lyman is a code master but alot of his work was done on his own time and I wouldn’t ask anyone to work on their own time especially when it’s a management issue not giving a person long enough to put all they have into a project before forcing them over to the next.

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

While I am not going disagree that Stern likely doesn't give him enough time to work on his games post-release, there does seem to be a pattern that is hard to ignore relating to polish and bug fixes, at least recently. Surely at some point, a Lead Game Developer has some responsibility and authority when it comes to the development of the game. A quick update to restore previous functionality broken by an update should be relatively simple (but what do I know) and a relatively high priority in my mind.

I agree with you completely, there is a level of responsibility and if you know approx how much time your going to get allocated on each project it comes down to being tighter with your time management.

And there is no excuse for breaking a feature and not fixing it, as you say there is a pattern which is a massive shame considering what Dwight codes is often some of the best when it comes to theme integration. The RPGesque elements with Beskar and the Foundry is a stroke of brilliance, what’s there just needs polishing up.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Nice but I think the Foundry mod is best suited at the foundry scoop. Could this be mounted anywhere else without looking out of place, love the look but already committed to putting the foundry there.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi all, just wondered how people have lifted the back of the plastic on the left hand side which is fouling the ball coming off the centre ramp.
Raising the rear part with a washer seems straightforward, but then the flappy bit with the flasher cap becomes vulnerable. Are people adding something under that part to support it?

Gonna need a pic Wool, I haven’t experienced any fouling so if you can drop a pic that might be helpful.

#2078 2 years ago

Strange I have never seen that happen, is there anyway you can move the end of the ramp either a touch lower or likely a better option move it in slightly to the right? so it drops the ball on the inside of the orbit rather than the outside?

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good comments thanks guys! Lower would make a lot of sense, I'll have a look.
I actually thought my plastic could have been installed wrong as it's slopes downwards towards the back, but maybe all games are like that.

Just don’t go too low, you still need the ball to pass under, I know I would make that screw up without thinking about it

If you can’t go lower try adjusting the ramp/ramp exit so the ball exits a little more to the right side of the orbit wall rather than the far outer wall of the orbit.

#2094 2 years ago

Loving the Razorcrest hurry up! You seem to only get 3 shots to it though? Would be great if you got additional shots to it for each playfield multiplier you have running.

#2097 2 years ago

Anyone else getting or noticing what looks like minor wear on the mini playfield exit? Approx 350 games.

Not the best photo but all I could get in a rush.

F7CF344F-0AA3-4A61-B3ED-94C05095FA9C (resized).jpegF7CF344F-0AA3-4A61-B3ED-94C05095FA9C (resized).jpeg
#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

It's wood, and a steel ball rolling over it will put wear on it.

Correct my point for asking was if anyone else is seeing this Cliff maybe able to make a snap on protector, so have you got any wear beginning on yours?

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

A new hidden mode?
[quoted image]

I got Dan Farrik at the scoop the other day, lightshow and music where awesome and the mode itself was a lot of fun for a frenzy multiball especially trying to hit both playfields at the same time.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Had my first game lockup and reboot after installing .98. (LE model)
Playing a 3 player challenge mode game (you have what I want), game locked up after player 2 finished and then finally rebooted. Sold my game yesterday, but just wanted to report that on my way outta this thread.

You sold? Wow very short ownership, what was the reason for the sale dude? Stop gap purchase until Godzilla was released?

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bought it just to play it a while since it was local-ish and wanted to make that Grogu mod. Gameplay wasn't my style, or else would've stayed longer.

I was the other way with this one, saw the reveal stream and thought it looked boring and honestly a little shit, but after playing it was totally hooked, love the shots, love the RPG stuff at the scoop just an all round blast.

Compared to TMNT I loved the look of the stream and game but played it and hated it complete snooze fest.

But this is why Stern are king in the market they produce something for everyone year on year without fail.

Hope you enjoy whatever you replace it with mate.

#2115 2 years ago

Always bugged me that Stern stopped putting action button surrounds on games

After pestering Colywobbles with dozens of designs he produced this beauty! Col makes amazing products, top notch quality and his prices are equally as good, drop him a pm/order and show him some love.

A39759FC-FF98-4153-A969-E0B43BA833E2 (resized).jpegA39759FC-FF98-4153-A969-E0B43BA833E2 (resized).jpegAD5BAB51-EF8B-4B5B-B8E4-C3568CC2E232 (resized).jpegAD5BAB51-EF8B-4B5B-B8E4-C3568CC2E232 (resized).jpeg

#2141 2 years ago

There's a playfield protector for it from playfield-protectors. I have one installed. Easy install.

It’s only the edge that needs protecting, I am not a fan of those playfield protectors for my main playfields either.

#2145 2 years ago

My advice, if you are looking for advice, is to consider the mini pf protector. Short money and easy install. Stern already installed a playfield protector underneath the Premium/LE mini playfield for ball drops.

Yeah good thinking, I can’t see one of those playfield protectors effecting the upper playfield gameplay too much at all, might grab one and see how it goes.

#2146 2 years ago

Wonder what the topper could be doesn’t give much away the icon for it.

E0862721-1431-45EC-9A3D-0DB25FC3B8E7 (resized).jpegE0862721-1431-45EC-9A3D-0DB25FC3B8E7 (resized).jpeg
#2149 2 years ago

Really hard to tell what it is, kind of reminds me of the targeting systems in Star Wars.

#2151 2 years ago

Anyone else notice how when you lose the ball early and the ball save animation plays that when Grogu catches the ball on the screen the ball is shot to Grogu's hand on the playfield? Pretty cool!
Has anyone else created a solution for the ball flying off the middle ramp and hitting the long left side plastic/ flasher? I added 10 #10 washers and it still isn't high enough with a 1 1/4 inch post. They make 1/4 inch hex posts? Maybe I can get a couple of those for the 2 front attachment points and change rear hex post to 1 1/2 inch...

What incline is your game at?

I am looking at create a plastic for the ramp exit that will force the ball down into the orbit.

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Brilliant idea!
My game is running at 6.3. Need to double check flipper power but I lowered it quite a bit from stock settings.

6.7 here and not really any issues unless it’s a super fast clean shot and it just catches the edge. Testing something today that will hopefully be a cost free fix!

#2159 2 years ago

This is an excellent idea! I thought about this as well.

Got something I am texting at the moment that seems fix the issue even when a games close to 6 degrees and it costs nothing!

#2161 2 years ago

So this left ramp fix seems to work 95% of the time and costs nothing!

It does require you to potentially file out the hole (BLUE CIRCLE) of the ramp exit ever so slightly depending on the position of your ramp from factory, as well as the metal guards holes (GREEN & YELLOW CIRCLES)

But before you file anything, the first thing to do is loosen the top metal guard screw (GREEN CIRCLE) and move the post and guard over towards the pop areas as far as you can (do not remove the screw, we just want to use up any movement/space we have from factory first) while holding it in place tighten it back down - mine had clearly moved a good few mm’s leaving the guard at a slight angle /

Next loosen the YELLOW screw/circle, and repeat what you just did with the GREEN screw, your guard should have now levelled out | and moved over as a result.

Lastly loosen BLUE screw and move the ramp over if there is any play in it, you want the inside (right wall) of the ramp to be pretty much in line with the guard, although it can be ever so slightly past it as 99% of the time shots follow the outer wall (left side) of the ramp exit).

Now test your game with normal play, I could never get it to hit the plastic using my hand to throw the ball up the middle ramp.

If this doesn’t solve the problem 99% of the time you will likely need to file the ramp hole (BLUE) in order to move the ramp over a touch more. Hopefully that solves the problem for everyone, it worked for me without having to file the ramp but I had enough play it to move the outside of the ramp (left wall) slightly further in than the orbit ball guide below.

02D8A07E-C8FC-4CF9-97A6-CBBD9761B9AD (resized).jpeg02D8A07E-C8FC-4CF9-97A6-CBBD9761B9AD (resized).jpeg
#2163 2 years ago

Is the idea here to get the balls trajectory to move towards the shorter right side of the long plastic that normally gets nicked and therefore miss hitting it all together? Gonna try this! Thanks!

Pretty much mate yeah, by watching in slow-mo I could see the ball riding that left wall 99% of the time when hitting the ramp exit and occasionally riding the top of the orbit and not dropping into the orbit until it hit the plastic.

Your aiming to bring the left wall of the ramp in slightly further than the orbit wall itself so it can’t ride the orbit wall into the plastic and simply drops faster into the orbit itself.

#2164 2 years ago

Sorry this is really crude paint job but basically the ball would ride the orbit wall into the plastic red line, you want to adjust so the ball is dropping into the orbit cleanly white/green line.

4CBA4E1D-42A3-44D1-9BC7-C7D38DE69608 (resized).jpeg4CBA4E1D-42A3-44D1-9BC7-C7D38DE69608 (resized).jpeg
#2166 2 years ago

Did what you said and have had zero hits to the plastic after several games! Hoping this took care of it! Thanks!

Awesome! Glad it worked for you buddy!

#2167 2 years ago

Now I just need to work out how to adjust the up/down ambush scoop. Anyone?

#2172 2 years ago

thewool did the fix above work for you buddy?

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Funny I was just reading the instructions again. I'm going to try it today mate, will report back later.

Cool, if you have enough play in things it should be a 5-10min fix, hopefully you don’t need to file the ramp exit. I’ve got my game at 6.7 so pretty steep with flipper power lowered from factory ever so slightly.

#2175 2 years ago

Little public service announcement for anyone with a Prem/LE.

Check the up/down ambush scoop is not hitting into or scraping the playfield as it drops down. It can be hard to see as there’s a little metal nub on the right side of the scoop body.

If your not sure put a piece of cellotape down on the playfield and run a few tests on the scoop coil, if it digs into the cellotape you need to lift the scoop up slightly.

54006458-768D-4BA1-B40A-62A4A2A5630A (resized).jpeg54006458-768D-4BA1-B40A-62A4A2A5630A (resized).jpeg
#2177 2 years ago

How are you adjusting it?

Already done, I’ll post a brief how to shortly, been playing the crap out of it before the end of school and the kids return home

#2179 2 years ago

How are you adjusting it?

Looks a little daunting at first but fairly easy strip down to get to the scoop mounts.

First remove the two red screws located on the top level of the ramp!
A0EDEBC2-10F6-406E-A1E1-ABD8147EF088 (resized).jpegA0EDEBC2-10F6-406E-A1E1-ABD8147EF088 (resized).jpeg

Next go under the playfield and locate the routed hole directly below the ramps exit/optos, every wire for the ramp is fed through the same hole, the optos are marked up on both sides of the connectors however 3 others are not so just mark them up for ease.
EF9475FC-56C8-414F-B773-2048F5884E3C (resized).jpegEF9475FC-56C8-414F-B773-2048F5884E3C (resized).jpeg
Disconnect what you need to in order to gain enough slack to remove the ramp! I had to disconnect them all to get enough wiggle room to remove ramp.

NOTE there is also a locking nut directly under the ramps entrance flap, move this while your under the playfield (I missed this and it took me a minute or 2 before I realised a nut was holding the ramp down
Took a photo from above the playfield for reference.
985E90B3-CDD7-470E-8E8E-4AA8138DF597 (resized).jpeg985E90B3-CDD7-470E-8E8E-4AA8138DF597 (resized).jpeg

Once the ramps out the way, locate the scoops locking nuts and remove both!
29DBF7B9-78B3-48D5-88E3-382AEF27DC82 (resized).jpeg29DBF7B9-78B3-48D5-88E3-382AEF27DC82 (resized).jpeg
I placed the smallest and thinnest washer I had under the blue screw hole and refitted everything to test, placed a new piece of cellotape down to double check and no issues with it digging up the tape and it shoots like a dream!

Hope this helps if anyone else has the issue with the right side digging in or scraping.

#2182 2 years ago

Anyone played at midnight yet??

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Still no fix for the Foundry selection?

I have no issue with 2 LEs double press the button and it selects everytime.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Mine works fine, just hit the button twice.

I think your supposed to hold the button now to select (sure it says something in the readme, maybe I’m wrong?) but like you I double press and it works everytime, can’t wait for .99 to see what else Dwight adds in, easily my fav game of all time.

#2191 2 years ago

Maybe it’s too come, I know Dwight has more planned for Mando, very excited to see .99 and 1.0 arrive.

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

This should be a key post

Thanks dude appreciate that, but I have no idea how to do that

Just happy the two fixes I’ve posted (center ramp exit to left orbit & ambush scoop) have helped people out and worked on multiple games.

I got another incoming although it is less of a fix and more of an aesthetic improvement IMO.

#2205 2 years ago

A playfield protector makes that happen.

Unfortunately in this case the scoop would have chewed up the playfield protector after the first game.

Spare new washer or £150+ for a playfield protector that isn’t really needed and can make games play like crap, I’ll go with raising the mech or guides everytime, plus it’s more fun ripping it apart

#2209 2 years ago

Pretty interesting, LOVE that premium side art! I love Zombie Yeti on art but Randy knocked these art packages out of the park.

#2211 2 years ago

Just done the one side to get an idea if it was going to look as good as I thought it would and Chrome t-moulding is an absolute must on the LE, it just pops with the back glass!

6CFC1227-6672-405E-B9CA-7B092A7FE33D (resized).jpeg6CFC1227-6672-405E-B9CA-7B092A7FE33D (resized).jpeg
#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I've noticed this. Also, in the foundry if you get Light Child from the ? award the child isn't lit.

The more people that report this to Stern the better! Every bug report is read.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Do they have a public bug tracker or is it just kinda wild west email style?

[email protected]

#2219 2 years ago

So after fixing the center ramp exit into the left orbit and making a few other tweaks.

I decided to remove some of the unsightly plastic shields. 30 games later no issues at all and the game looks much better without all the plastic shields everywhere, also removing the shield from the right ramp has made the upper playfield easier for my kids to see as well as making the game look less cheap.

58977CEE-75AB-4C53-9C3B-97031441BD04 (resized).jpeg58977CEE-75AB-4C53-9C3B-97031441BD04 (resized).jpeg63564A1F-9A32-4AD1-8FAE-FBFC5809C631 (resized).jpeg63564A1F-9A32-4AD1-8FAE-FBFC5809C631 (resized).jpeg6C058B33-00FD-419F-B25C-03FC3E195831 (resized).jpeg6C058B33-00FD-419F-B25C-03FC3E195831 (resized).jpegCA968D44-F1AF-4BDE-975E-A44080BEDE73 (resized).jpegCA968D44-F1AF-4BDE-975E-A44080BEDE73 (resized).jpeg
#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

That does look very smart! Did you manage to find a supplier of he correct size in the UK?
In the past I had to order from the US which can get expensive. Thanks.

Yeah https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/ sell 3/4” which is what Stern use.

Order the chrome with the blue protective covering, they do one without which is a little cheaper but that will likely turn up with some surfaces scratches.

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Brilliant thanks!
Edit: it's out of stock at the moment, will keep an eye out

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/chrome-3-quarter-inch-t-molding-with-clear-protective-film.html

They do one with a clear protective film. Maybe worth a try? This one requires 1/16” slot and the other I brought was 3/33” I think.

#2224 2 years ago

thewool in fact I think it is the 1/16th one you want so grab that, might explain why it didn’t go in super easy on mine

But it looks amazing so whatever

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Aha glad you mentioned that, will get it ordered.
Hey did you also remove the plastic cover from the mini playfield? I wondered what would happen there.

No I have left the plastic front on the mini playfield its marked -01 that has to remain in place otherwise I guess you would be loosing balls all over the place, didn’t even think about removing that one.

I just removed all the plastics behind the red flasher domes and the big L shaped plastic at the back of the right ramp which was blocking abit of the view of upper playfield and a lot of it for my kids being shorter.

Game looks a lot better for it I think, less random plastic everywhere which made it a little cheap looking IMO.

#2228 2 years ago

To stop bounce back anything from 6.7 upwards seems to work. I have zero bounce back with game steep.

#2230 2 years ago

I’ve added some Chromium to my game 1B0F5DCE-2893-4AF1-AC54-3A5BA441CA31 (resized).jpeg1B0F5DCE-2893-4AF1-AC54-3A5BA441CA31 (resized).jpeg93739B4B-010B-46FA-8FC3-43C32C7CF997 (resized).jpeg93739B4B-010B-46FA-8FC3-43C32C7CF997 (resized).jpegFCAD2786-770D-4E9C-815E-35A0B5EACC01 (resized).jpegFCAD2786-770D-4E9C-815E-35A0B5EACC01 (resized).jpeg0AF6B15C-AC74-418A-8BF4-60469391040F (resized).jpeg0AF6B15C-AC74-418A-8BF4-60469391040F (resized).jpeg

#2232 2 years ago

How are those metallic cards attached? Where did you get them?

Made them in conjunction with a mate but I doubt they will be available due to the material and the amount of time they take to cut they would be fairly expensive.

Lockdown bar surround will be available though.

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

The CO OP and versus modes are great, I love playing with my son and progressing together.
Only thing that is missing from this mode is a way to "revive" a player on your last ball.
It would be great for me to get my kid "back in the game" if i can trade some beskar.
Something "negative" towards the other players to buy in the foundy in versus mode would be cool also, like less ballsave or something? just an idea.

I like that idea! My kids struggle with the upper playfield a lot, they are 5 and 4 and find it almost impossible to be up there much longer than a flip or 2.

#2239 2 years ago

I'd buy the metallic cards if you offered them.

I will let you know mate if it’s do able.

Something I have been thinking over and over is resizing the plates so everything lines up. Done a little edit on the right hand side plate to show what I mean.

15DBFD73-2238-4887-B3FC-F1155CFCDAFE (resized).jpeg15DBFD73-2238-4887-B3FC-F1155CFCDAFE (resized).jpeg
#2240 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Few little bits done today now my covid effects are dying down:
- J85M's left ramp no-clip mod (so far so good mate!)
- New flipper buttons (what a difference!)
- Replaced Stern's crappy tarnished balls
- Col's gorgeous orange plastic protectors added
- Cliffys installed
- All star posts replaced with orange
- All red flasher domes replaced using mostly orange, with blue for rear spacey one and green for left orbit
- Bargain Mando art hung (£20!)
Loving this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great mate! Glad to hear the fix worked for you and your feeling better mate! And I do the same always replace Sterns balls and flipper buttons, no idea what it is but their flipper buttons just don’t feel right recently.

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Will I be officially owner of my Mando Pro pin one day??
Ordered in May with deposite, firstly, have been told June (but priority was for operators), then have been told August, then October.. I start to think it will be postponed again!!
This will be my 4th pin but my first NIB. This is definitely torture arghhh!
Hope to receive good news soon.. anyone received a pro recently?

Quoted from mbrave77:

Im in same boat with my premium. I had asked months in advance for LE but just missed apparantly and was suppossed to be early Premium. And I still dont have it. My godzilla premium will prob come before!

The good news is Mando is definitely worth the wait and by the time you get yours a couple more code updates will have dropped.

Seems stern are the ones prioritising the new title builds and pushing back older titles, I’ve had a deadpool premium on order since feb!

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

The Gina decal
[quoted image]

Tempted to get one of these myself, looks great.

#2263 2 years ago

Removed all the excess plastics, no ball hang ups or issue in over 50 games, game looks a lot better for it.

275045EF-DC3D-4AEE-901F-864504C7B065 (resized).jpeg275045EF-DC3D-4AEE-901F-864504C7B065 (resized).jpeg6DF348EA-F04E-4DDF-8A7C-50D9CA6423F1 (resized).jpeg6DF348EA-F04E-4DDF-8A7C-50D9CA6423F1 (resized).jpegF473E8EB-42B4-49D0-BAFB-D9596717E40E (resized).jpegF473E8EB-42B4-49D0-BAFB-D9596717E40E (resized).jpegFEC0D190-C3DE-41AB-B97F-FAD7EDB9714A (resized).jpegFEC0D190-C3DE-41AB-B97F-FAD7EDB9714A (resized).jpeg
#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I had this same metal card idea ... Buddy in the neighborhood has the laser ... But he wasn't interested in helping .

I may offer them for sale just working it out this end.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have the retrofurbs or wizard side blades installed that can post a photo?
Both look better than Sterns to me

Go with wizmod, often retros are lazy and the art doesn’t match the game, wiz does a great job of trying to get his products to match the games factory art.

#2276 2 years ago

Some more upgrades, LE should of had chrome t-moulding from the factory.

337B146B-576A-4188-8FF6-E14FFAA5377F (resized).jpeg337B146B-576A-4188-8FF6-E14FFAA5377F (resized).jpegB2494E94-92E9-4635-8394-30B0DA47364B (resized).jpegB2494E94-92E9-4635-8394-30B0DA47364B (resized).jpeg
#2279 2 years ago

A good point was made by you guys, to wait for the 1.00 game code in case the Mando rules change between now and then.

Yeah I wouldn’t do anything until 1.0 at least, as the rules have already changed compared to the original rule cards that came with the game. Razorcrest hurry up, Dank farrik are not on the current rule cards and there are more rule changes and additions hopefully coming.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

My solution to the ever ejecting Grogu flasher: 2 layers of Led spot lamp retainer for more stiffness (#535-1324-01).
[quoted image]

Weird my mini playfield and grogu lamps came with metal versions of those from factory.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Me too, but not suffisant.

If your really struggling a little hot glue works perfectly, used that on my Star Trek slingshot flashers and it’s never failed.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

I asked ZMeny the same question and he dodged it, so it’s basically a confirmed rumor at this point. Tell your friends.
Also I heard a rumor that Werner Herzog himself is going to make a surprise guest appearance at Expo to reveal the topper during the Stern panel.

Projector, wonder what that could be? The only thing I can think of is a Bounty HoloPuck.

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Anyone else having issues with Ice Spider multi ball on .98 code (premium)? Balls will go up the left ramp and the diverter will catch them but not release until about 30 seconds later.
Once all the balls drain to the trough, the game still thinks I’m in a multi ball. No ball search at all either. I have to tilt the game in order to get to the next ball.

No issues here and I’ve been running .98 for at least 50 games.

#2293 2 years ago

I'm skipping updates till we get without any weirdness.

Zero issues here dude, the foundry bug doesn’t seem to be a bug you just need to hold for 2secs to select your choice. I have not noticed any issues with .98

#2315 2 years ago

Sometimes on a hard shot to the u turn shot the game will not register the shot has been made. Does this happen to anyone else? I imagine the ball is getting slightly airborne/riding up the guide and not triggering the switch? This happens on orbit shots on my Maverick too...

Anyone having shots not register on the ambush u-turn, simply adjust your switch by raising it up a little, the top wall of the lane is close to the switch but a fast can rid up on the wall so adjust the switch to make that gap tighter.

Here’s a picture from my LE and I assume Pro’s also have that plain black plastic which is used to keep the ball down.

thekaiser82 crujones4life

Adjust the switch circled in yellow, please ignore the the blue circle this is simply an image from one of my previous fix posts.
B95410F0-FD7D-4434-9A2D-9385FD78E75A (resized).jpegB95410F0-FD7D-4434-9A2D-9385FD78E75A (resized).jpeg

#2317 2 years ago

Will give this a shot! Thank you!

I imagine you will have that black plastic mate so it has to be the switch sitting low, there really isn’t a lot of room for it to miss the switch with that black plastic on top.

It’s either that or a flakey switch, so maybe test the switch first in test with your finger?

if it’s registers everytime without fail it’s got to be the adjustment of the switch that’s needed, hope it fixed the issue, let us know!

#2320 2 years ago

So to my surprise Mando might just be my favourite Stern and Pin ever! It’s just a blast to play and then you have those rare games where you just flow from shot to shot and don’t miss anything, managed to loop ambush 4 times in a row which feels as good if not better thank looping the Warp ramp shot in Star Trek which is high praise as that was my all time favourite shot followed by Marvel Ramp in AIQ, but Mando takes top spot with the ambush up/down scoop.

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I agree he does look fine right out of the box, however for me that is just not the way. Use the water base color wash to give him a little more tonal depth as well as airbrushing highlights around the cheeks and eyes and ears. Also added some shading to his robe .A subtle improvement imo. Try to add my own personal touch to any of the additions, even if it's a simple hot wheel toy or packaged action figure. Here's a shot of a recently repainted Razorcrest as well.

Those looks amazing nice work! Wish I had those skills.

#2331 2 years ago

So I do have the black plastic. I don't see how the ball couldn't hit that switch if it rolled against the loop rail. I think the more likely scenario is the ball bouncing and following this path...
[quoted image]

Have you rolled a ball down that side? Is there room for it to skip past the switch? Admittedly I haven’t done that as I have had zero issues with it since I tweaked it while I had the ramp off.

#2334 2 years ago

crujones4life Beowulfz07

Get a small outlane post rubber, slice a slit down one side and fit the rubber over the end of the rail (yellow circle) that might fix the issue for you?

4EF58247-60A9-4926-8CEF-3A8F2476943B (resized).jpeg4EF58247-60A9-4926-8CEF-3A8F2476943B (resized).jpeg
#2335 2 years ago

Also when did Stern start putting non sway brackets on their stand up targets? Nice move by Stern/Brian Eddy

C0DC6D70-C8EE-444E-900A-A788DCCA1292 (resized).jpegC0DC6D70-C8EE-444E-900A-A788DCCA1292 (resized).jpeg
#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I think since Spike.

Wow did not know this, never noticed it on my AIQ, great move on Sterns part.

#2341 2 years ago

Not sure what to use to add to my foundry.

Do I go with TDiddys foundry mod or my Beskar Camtono? Camtono lights up with an orange/copper down light to light up the beskar.

Might have to find a place for both!

E95B2809-3710-49C1-A4A5-64DE992F8D9B (resized).jpegE95B2809-3710-49C1-A4A5-64DE992F8D9B (resized).jpeg
#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Have anyone installed Pinstadium lights on their Mando? Impressions?

Nope, wouldn’t want to ruin the fantastic lighting Dwights programmed into the game.

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I get it on some older games with bad lighting and dark spots, but I have yet to see a modern game with a poorly lit playfield.
Although a child magnet throw down the center lane in a dark room can be a issue. They should put a short ball saver on that, or at least until a switch is hit and the lights come back on.

That is more to do with the magnet not pulsing fast enough to catch the ball or throwing it before it should, I don’t believe the ball should be released from the magnet while all the lights are off except Grogu’s area.

Hopefully this can be sorted via code, as like you said it’s bloody hard work trying to spot that ball when the lights are out and whenever it comes out the razorcrest path it always rockets out in my game.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from Rooniedoodle:

Any update on when Stern may release the Topper and optional plunger at all??

Shooter is already released, Sterns is weathered/damaged version, HOOKED produces a clean/pristine version.

Topper is likely stuck in licensing hell if the R2D2 topper is anything to go by expected it in 2025!

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Just got my NIB Mandalorian Pro delivered yesterday. I'm pretty excited as are the kids. I've pre-purchased the metal ramps, animated grogu, mirror blades, shaker motor and a couple of other small mods to add to the game.

This is my first NIB game. I'd love to hear what you think are must have or must do things as I get started using it. I ordered Ninja balls as I've been told the stock Stern balls are no good. I'm not sure if I should apply mylar (I did order a shooter lane protector).

I had planned on using the stock rubbers for a bit and not immediately waxing the playfield as well. I'm still a bit of a novice and this is only my second machine. I've only been in the hobby for about a year. Any feedback and advice specific to this machine or otherwise is very appreciated.

Congratulations on your first NIB, Mando is a hell of a first game to grab NIB. Metal habitrails, animated grogu and shaker are the 3 must have mods you have coming already so your good there.

Ninja balls are brilliant and look amazing, I use them in my Mando LE and I use them in a couple of games with magnets without issue so in a Pro without the magnet you have no need to worry.

No real need to apply Mylar on the Pro or the LE, just check rails are not digging into the playfield and lift them with a small washer if needed. No need to wax a brand new playfield but I would swap out the factory rubbers as they are often as shit as the balls, I recommend perfectplay but it’s often personnel preference.

Grab a full cliffy set from http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm Mando is the top set and Cliffs contact email is at the top of the page, drop him an email asking for a Full Mando set for a pro and he will get back to you. That should be fine but if you want to keep your shooter lane looking new 1000-3000 games in, grab a clear protector from https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347532897 and just rest it over the top of the cliffys in the shooter lane.

Other than that mate just enjoy!

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Do you have a link? I looked on his site and it looks like these are prototypes.
ETA, I just emailed Cliffy at the email address on the site. Please let me know if there's a better way.

No emailing Cliff is the best option, he should reply pretty quick.

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

After a quick search I see a lot of people are having cracked ramps. Cliff already responded indicating he's got a three week or so wait. Do you think I'm okay to play the machine in the meantime? I'd hate to crack a ramp after just getting it.

I heard Stern where replacing cracked ramps under warranty for those cracked almost out of the box, maybe someone can confirm that?

I have played mine without the cliffys but I turned the flipper power down as a precaution and made sure my ramp wasn’t over tightened out of the box.

But that call has to be yours mate, it’s much harder to not play a game you have setup than it is to keep it in the box and wait though.

#2380 2 years ago

The newest mod, once the glue dries I will test fit it but so far before cutting down to size the fit was about as perfect I could have hoped.

159B4F56-3C1D-428C-8D2A-40CE8A267257 (resized).jpeg159B4F56-3C1D-428C-8D2A-40CE8A267257 (resized).jpeg
#2388 2 years ago

I over shot the length of the spike so that needs shortening but overall I think it looks great, scale looks big on the pics because I am zoomed in but from players perspective the scale looks perfect!

ED076A5D-E33A-4563-B485-3215023EC306 (resized).jpegED076A5D-E33A-4563-B485-3215023EC306 (resized).jpeg
#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Looks GiNormous!

Yeah it does from that angle

It was one of my favourite images from the series, those remnant trooper helmets all smashed up and those on spikes, so wanted to bring it into the game.

Tried a few different scales 1/10th and 1/12th but they where too small just got lost in all the art work from plays perspective, this is 1/6th so quite large but standing at the game ready to play it’s about perfect.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I thought Tdiddy did a nice homage to the helmet scene!
Your helmet Detail looks great .
[quoted image]

Yeah I debated getting Toms mod with his foundry but wanted something a little more detailed and in your face, as it was one of my favourite images from the show.

My plan is to maybe do one more and possibly a smashed helmet (Boba vs Troopers when he caves in a couple of troopers helmets/heads) for the back or left ramp return.

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That helmet looks great! Love the detail! I decided to go with one of Tom's trooper-kabob mods.(still in the paint phase) I was hoping to find some specialty mods at expo but no real luck. Have a few more things on order, this machine has so much potential for additions. And a couple pics of my topper solution. Loving this game!

Thanks dude, I love Toms mod, just wanted something bigger and more in your face, I remember watching Mando for the first time and those trooper helmets on spikes where so cool.

I might ask Tom once he’s less busy if he could whip me up a one on a larger scale, until then these will do and they use the outlane holes as a mount so they are a 5second install.

Love that topper, is that a 1/6th scale hot toys IG11 with Grogu? I think they just released the Mando specific speeder bike which looks awesome!

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That is the hot toys speeder bike , just recently released it came with the Yoda and pouch and scout trooper. The IG-11 is A separate Piece that fits perfectly on to the speeder bike. That was released end of October. Has LED lights in the head and chest plate as well. Only a matter of time before they're hardwired into the machine.

Those a lovely pieces, I collect hot toys so I am familiar with them but for some reason I had it in my head the speeder was a little dirtier. I am waiting on Mando Luke to add to my collection. I may add that smashed up Dark Trooper to my game somewhere.

Have you considered using a fusion reactor to connect the figures up to the game? You could maybe plug them into one of the USB ports, if it would power them it’s a 10second install and easily removable.

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Fusion reactor, interesting, what is it exactly, who makes it, where can I get one?
I agree about the cleanliness of the speeder bike. It has a fair amount of weathering but could use more. This piece will eventually make it to the paint shop as well. These will probably only be up on the Mando machine for a year, waiting for hot toys release of Mando on the speeder bike with child. It's not a poseable figure, but a cast resin piece, highly detailed, but not available until quarter 3 next year.
[quoted image]

I saw this piece and wasn’t sure about ordering, I have so far avoided moving into collecting statues, I am already deep in the hot toys figure rabbit hole

https://instagram.com/fusion_reactors?utm_medium=copy_link

Drop him a message and let him know what your plans are and he will likely build you a custom harness. I have a few and they are great and well made, brought my first for me hot toys 1/6th hulkbuster as the 30 ish mini cell batteries where a pain in the ass!

#2410 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone get to the end of the "You Have What I Want" challenge mode? I haven't made it past phase 4 yet. I'm wondering what the upper playfield Luke levels are all about. I've finished a few target sets as I was completing the main phases. It definitely helps with points. But I have feeling there's more to it. Is there a write up on this anywhere?

All I will say is the later LCD clips of Luke are well worth it. I reached out to Dwight Xaqery to suggest a few changes as the clips get overridden which is a shame as it’s one of the highlights of the show and the player and spectators alike will want to see some of that footage played out to fanfare - lightshowsnetc.

For example the force crush that Luke performs is in the footage which needs to be the final shot IMO, where the ball can be held and the clip play out with one of Dwights killer light shows, it’s the perfect clip to end the Luke stage.

I also feel (and it maybe there I was just too damn excited to take it all in) but with each successful Luke shot a clip plays those clips where Luke uses his lightsaber need to be sync’d and choreographed with the RGB inserts to flash green.

One of Xaqery best pinball moments is lightsaber battle in Star Wars the light show is pure brilliance and there’s an opportunity to recreate that here!

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

So 4 months on and the honey moon period is over (for those outside of au), how's the game holding up compared to others?

Still absolutely loving it and excited to see what Xaqery has planned for v0.99, v1.0 and beyond.

Easily my favourite code package from Dwight, I think he’s integrated the theme into the code brilliantly and the RPG elements with the Beskar/Foundry makes every switch hit valuable, something I don’t recall from any other game, so it’s a fresh approach and nice touch incorporating RPG mechanics into a pin.

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

The code is definitely well executed. Code integration and assets are great on Mando.

It’s a lot of fun, I still haven’t been able to use my add-a-ball from the foundry, really mixes things up from the usual “hit the mystery target to get an add-a-ball” that’s common place on most other games.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

You get an add a ball in Jet Pack multiball for completing the upper playfield targets. Any add a ball in the other ones?

I didn’t know that, might have to try that later and see if spider or pirates offer one up.

But I like the add a ball from the foundry as a usable weapon I have just never used it successfully, it’s a great strategic thing to have loaded, might be cool if it could be used at any point in gameplay/mode. A little like Star-Lord in GOTG giving you a 2 ball MB.

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Great question. I still have an LE strapped to a pallet that I took on trade. Trying to decide if I should open it or trade it. Just made a F/T listing to see what gets offered up.

Open it mate and this is coming from someone who wrote Mando off from reveal and streams. Once I played a Prem though I did a complete 180 and now it’s one of my favourite games ever.

If you love Star Wars/Mandalorian it’s a must own. The game shoots and flows a lot better than it looks like it should, the prem/LE loopable/repeatable ambush ramp shot is one of the best shots in pinball, knocked Star Trek warp ramp off my top spot.

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I wondered about this and found that the add-a-ball function only works in multiball. It's on page 7 of the manual:
AMBAN RIFLE - 175 Beskar - Gives an ADD-A-BALL during Multiballs

Yeah it’s definitely only during multiball but it could be a strategic change if you could buy it twice! And the second time it becomes an add a ball/2 ball multiball at any time a little like StarLord in GOTG or Shame from BM66.

#2422 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I think it would be quite cool to allow the Amban add-a-ball within missions to spice things up. That's really work well in Hobbit.

I had no idea about the hobbit, but in BM66 & GOTG it was quite strategic when you chose to use your 2ball MB, being able to upgrade the rifle with a second purchase would add a lot of risk and reward to the foundry.

Xaqery any thoughts?

#2427 2 years ago

I like that idea, what did you use / where did you get them from?

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Ross:

I just picked up a Mandelorian LE, has anyone compiled a list of adjustments etc that are recommended? I’m going through the posts but there’s a lot to wade through.
Thanks!
Ross

If you filter the thread and search my posts, I had to make a few adjustments to my LE out the box, no idea if they have been made key posts, but I documented the up/down scoop fix, the center ramp left orbit exit fix.

I also made a few additional adjustments that just clean the look of the game up a little too.

#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

Shooter rod and side armor on! Have some art blades for the inside as well, but still trying to feel out the best approach. Soapy water?[quoted image]

Who are the blades from? I have fitted a few sets and always done them dry, but I’m pretty sure I have read a few use a little spray of windex.

#2444 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys just put up a video on 5 mods for the Mandalorian! Give it a look! Thanks!

This popped up on my YouTube feed earlier and I gave it a watch out of curiosity. Very nicely done and the installs are clear and informative.

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes quite a few times. I think this is impossible to fix as the game doesn't know the ball is there. Going to be one to live with.

No need to live with it, although it doesn’t happen on my game, from having the right ramp off to address the scoop being to close for comfort to the playfield when down, I am pretty certain there is room for a one way gate. Didn’t quite understand why one wasn’t fitted in the design phase but I guess it’s another $.50 x 2000 scenario.

#2462 2 years ago

thewool i have a one way gate in my spares box i am going to have the playfield up refitting my Trooper helmet on a spike mod so I’ll take a look at a the possibility of fitting a gate and report back.

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Has anyone purchased and installed the moving Grogu mod? I am interested but sometimes worry about electrical mods which can certainly cause issues. Thanks!

Stern have worked on the Spike2 system since it’s initial release, if you over draw now it will simply shut the board off on boot up and notify you there is a current irregularity, usually an over current warning.

#2466 2 years ago

The issue currently is Stern prioritising parts for the latest/next release. If Rush is in fact the next release that may help the situation as I can’t see it being a massive seller at least not in the same vein as Mandalorian or Godzilla. If it under performs it may help some of that backlog get produced as Sterns main goal is to keep the lines running at all times.

#2467 2 years ago

thewool and anyone else having balls going up the U turn the wrong way from the right orbit and getting stuck behind the scoop while it’s down for ambush…

Had a little look at the ramp structure and images I took from stripping it down to rebuild the up/down scoop and it certainly looks do able to add a one way gate to the end of the U-turn lane to stop ricochets off the right orbit going up the lane while the scoop is down.

I could install one and write up a small guide if anyone is interested??
But it won’t be this week or next due to my current workload.

#2470 2 years ago

Definitely interested in the one way gate fix.

I’ll see if I can get it done this coming week after work, it’s simple enough, I would just rather fit a gate physically and test it before recommending it.

#2487 2 years ago

Easily the best Premium and LE art packages in a long time, really tough to choose which is the better package, I have an LE and love the art and armour package but the Premium with those rifle rails is stunning too!

#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I have a switch test question. When I enter the switch test it looks like certain switches are shown as in the triggered position. The game seems to play fine. Is this normal? In the first photo where one switch is shown as hit all the time I learned that that is the ship hanging flap switch, which seems to work fine.

I will check mine later when I get home, if no one else has replied to you. It will be about an hour from now give or take.

#2511 2 years ago

So after noticing some wear on my mates upper playfield, I contacted Cliff and he’s done it again people!

Introducing the Mando Mini Playfield Edge protector.

Anyone interested please reach out to Cliff directly.9169E439-D769-408E-B9CF-E7DB618EEF5B (resized).jpeg9169E439-D769-408E-B9CF-E7DB618EEF5B (resized).jpeg0A8FEA84-E5A4-4141-9B3D-6AF88770359D (resized).jpeg0A8FEA84-E5A4-4141-9B3D-6AF88770359D (resized).jpeg89D78F92-BE1C-4B54-8532-8C12A51991E0 (resized).jpeg89D78F92-BE1C-4B54-8532-8C12A51991E0 (resized).jpeg

#2516 2 years ago

Having played both pro and prem/le, those wireforms are a must have!

They play and feel better plus they look a million times better than the plastic.

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Watched the seminar last night as well and I loved the passion that Randy Martinez had for making this game. He said it was one of his best artistic experiences ever. I really like his style and hope he will do more pinball in the future - would like to see what he can do with something non-Star Wars.

If Book of Boba Fett, Ashoka and Obi-Wan end up being juggernaut hits for Disney like Mando, you can bet Disney will be keen to license them for every dime they can, so we might get to see Randy again. Curious what he can do outside the Star Wars universe as that is the only work of his I have seen.

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think the Razorcrest bash-back toy would have been awesome. Bummer they couldn't get it to work, the game seems like it could have used a bash toy like that.

Sounds a little like a more complex version of a vari-target, could have been fun to hit but what they ended up with is still a super fun shot. I think they spent all the BOM before they got to Grogu, I’m not buying it that the sculpt is there to control the ball.

Any mention of the topper?

#2530 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

The long lost premiums on the line?
[quoted image]

Definitely premiums you can see the top of the upper playfield targets in a couple of those.

74576CBF-46F0-43B8-B530-5D5950B9C9D4 (resized).jpeg74576CBF-46F0-43B8-B530-5D5950B9C9D4 (resized).jpeg
#2561 2 years ago

Placing a washer under the guide is super easy, it’s approx 2 screws, 4 nuts and your done.

I’ll post a step by step guide tomorrow for those wanting to do it.

#2565 2 years ago

How's the one way gate on the U turn exit coming along? I might try something myself there when I get some time..

The one way gate I have in my spares box was a little too wide to fit (think it maybe from an old Bally/Williams) as well as I would want it to.

I plan on taking one of a newer Stern like JP and trying that, will update you, but other than the width being an issue I can’t see a problem with narrower bracket fitting and fixing the issue.

#2566 2 years ago

U-Turn guide Washer Fix (approx 10 minutes)

So after getting the ramp back together to trial a one way gate I ended up taking it back off last night to write this up for those that need it. Super easy install should take you 10-20 minutes max depending how much disassembly you decide to do of the right ramp.

First things first locate the washer and nut holding the guide in place, while under the playfield also remove the washer and nut holding down the ramp.
22A0BCA6-031A-40E5-9361-75F1B12019C0 (resized).jpeg22A0BCA6-031A-40E5-9361-75F1B12019C0 (resized).jpeg

Now drop the playfield down and remove the two screws in the top of the right ramp plastic (ignore the missing screws here, I have removed all the horrible plastic shields and spacers weeks ago)
6E5AE76B-F48D-4069-B2B2-D3B2D47062FC (resized).jpeg6E5AE76B-F48D-4069-B2B2-D3B2D47062FC (resized).jpeg

Next unscrew the hex post (it is a single post that runs through the middle plastic, now lift the black bottom plastic up as far as it will go, be careful not to lose the washer.
FB775155-646F-415A-BEA5-0B3006BBEEC6 (resized).jpegFB775155-646F-415A-BEA5-0B3006BBEEC6 (resized).jpeg

This next step might vary person to person but if your game has enough play in it you can just push the guide out from underneath enough to slip the washer under and it will pop right back in. I actually found this easier to do with the playfield back in the upright position, as I could push the guide out with one hand and put the washer in place with my other but do what works best for you.

If you don’t have enough play remove the right ramp from the right slingshot post and it will free up the right ramp completely allowing you more access for a little more disassembly.

Put it all back together and BOOM job done, clear coat protected.
B3ECC563-D475-46F2-87A5-A202E39B155A (resized).jpegB3ECC563-D475-46F2-87A5-A202E39B155A (resized).jpeg
D07ADDEA-08D2-4525-9F32-A1ACEEF043B5 (resized).jpegD07ADDEA-08D2-4525-9F32-A1ACEEF043B5 (resized).jpeg

#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Give this man a key post

Thanks for the kind words mate, your post reminded me of Avengers
C3F9729A-7E88-4FFF-BDFB-0F41DAB6EA0B.gifC3F9729A-7E88-4FFF-BDFB-0F41DAB6EA0B.gif

#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Hi
Quick question, on the premium when using the flippers on the helmet when its tilted, does your helmet move left and right when hitting the flippers when no ball there?
Cheers

It shakes a little yes, when you say move how much movement are you seeing? Check your mini playfield mounts are tightened and secure as well as the cover if that’s loose you will see what appears to be movement but it’s the clear plastic cover rattling, I saw this once after forgetting to tighten down the cover.

#2582 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:Just put my washers on today! Thanks for all your help on this pin!

Your welcome mate, glad my posts have helped you.

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

You use the flamethrower by holding the action button, and you use the rifle by tapping the action button. Im not really sure what would happen if you throw the whistling birds in the mix. Id guess that the amban rifle would only activate if there was less than 3 balls remaining.

If you have multiple weapons/perks from the foundry, the selected item cycles on screen from top to bottom.

The action button will also cycle colours in sync with what is highlighted at the time on screen, the game will cycle through depending what is currently happening in the game.

Orange - Flamethrower
Green - Ambam Rifle
Yellow - Whistling Birds
Red - Jet Pack

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Gotcha, so you just have to wait until your item cycles up. Thanks for the info!

Yeah just watch the lcd or button colour to know when the one you want is selected, I haven’t timed it but at a guess each item is selected for about 3-5 seconds maybe slightly more before cycling to the next.

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Is code .98 buggy? I have .97 on my Pro and have seen some folks on Facebook saying they will wait until .99 to update. I'm trying to figure out whether .97 or .98 provides a better game play experience.

No, at least not in my experience at home. Originally when .98 released people thought there was a bug with the foundry select but it was simply the timing required being changed by Dwight (the games coder) that caused some confusion.

There’s nothing in .98 that will ruin your enjoyment of the game other than the usual bugs in some areas of the game but none that break the game, update your game asap! There is a lot of great content in .98

#2593 2 years ago

See medeski7 PoopsMagee agrees update now, this is the way!

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I still have an issue or 2 with this action button conundrum...
I had jetpack and rifle lit, but during a mulutiball the upper pf was clearly defaulting away from encounters. It was still cycling between jet pack (which i assume is useless at this time) and rifle. I waited till I was down to 2 balls, tried to time the rifle press and stuffed it up.
Quite frustrating.... I need to play better obviously but this action button stuff is not very practical or intuitive. Or am I missing something ? Need help here.

Currently with the action button timing being very small, your best bet when in a multiball is to give the action button a few rapids hits.

Next update Dwight has mentioned he will be making the button timing a little longer so it should fix what appears to be an inconsistency.

I believe it came from the last update where Dwight was trying to make the flamethrower usable at all times without accidental uses of other weapons/equipment.

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I believe they sent a new PF because the chip removed some of the art. That is their requirement I think.

Man that sucks! The good news is Eddy designed Mando very well so it’s fairly easy to disassemble providing your replacement playfield is dimpled and predrilled it won’t be the hardest playfield swap out there.

I’ve documented removing most of the top side of the playfield so if you need anything drop me a pm!

But I would try and touch that up with a black permanent marker and getting a washer under that rail to avoid anymore future damage and just enjoy the game and keep the spare playfield handy.

#2606 2 years ago

There has to be more runs planned I can’t see Rush being a monster seller so surely they will fill the lines up with Mandos, Godzillas and Deadpools to fill up the lines while running rush? I sure hope so I would like my Deadpool premium before I die of old age

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I got this signed sticker at Expo. I've gotten a couple of these in my machines. Does anyone know if these actually go on the machine? I'm guessing they are just stickers Stern puts in the goody bag sometimes.
[quoted image]

Can’t tell the dimensions but the shape of it with those curved corners makes it look like a coin door decal.

#2621 2 years ago

WizardMod could possibly create some coin door decals, something along the lines of his action button magnetic decals.

#2625 2 years ago

Looks great! Swap out that green start button for an orange and perfection!

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just unboxed my LE (yes it took that long for Australian LE’s to get here) and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.
What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

It shoots a lot better than it looks doesn’t it? And the upper playfield is far more fun and addictive than you’d think. I went from not caring at reveal, bored by the deadflip stream to absolutely loving this game once I played it and brought an LE.

Before you play too much, check your ambush loop ball guide is not digging into the playfield and prevent it with a washer, I’ve done a guide a few posts back. Check the up/down scoop is not hitting the playfield, it can be adjusted with a washer. I have also posted fixes for the razorcrest ramp exit into the left orbit for those with issues and get cliffys on the main ramp.

Code so far is very good and really well integrated into the theme, Dwight has a lot more planned, potentially expanding the multipliers further and adding more flow in certain areas of the game, those are just a couple of the things I know he’s considering.

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Holy cr*p…..I didn’t think it was possible Stern could use a louder fan in their power supplies. But they’ve managed to find one for Mandolorian. They’ve always been bad, but this is like a 747 taking off.
PinMonk ….order incoming.
Speaking of, how’s the heating of these Mando flipper coils?

Stick some flipper fans in for the main playfield flippers I was noticing that both main ramps wheregetting harder to back hand, after I installed the fans no such problems.

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'd like to see the sneaky encounter feature ported from the Pro into the Prem and LE models as there's been a number of times I've had the ball go into the mini playfield (on my premium) but the targets are disabled. I think it's a cool little extra use for the mini playfield on all models.

If you have code ideas Xaqery in your post, pretty certain Dwight reads all posts relating to code.

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

So now I’ve fixed my right ramp issues (adjusted the Luke slingshot, as it was interfering with the backhand shot), this baby shoots so smooth
The flow is better than any game I’ve ever played, the shots are closer to the flippers than I’m used too, but now that I’ve dialed it in, Brian Eddy is truly one of the best (if not the best) pinball designers ever

Makes a nice change and I think it makes Mando stand out from the crowd having everything close to the flippers after Godzilla, AIQ, Stranger Things, Jurassic Park, Led Zep basically everything else before it all being wide open playfields with long shots.

#2661 2 years ago

Something must be wrong with your switches I am certain I get Ambush at least once every 4 or 5 games, shooting the u-turn then scoop advances ambush maybe check those switches. I know a few have had issues with the ball hoping over the u-turn switch, I posted a fix a while back.

#2663 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Nah the switches are fine. The u-turn and scoop always register when hit.
I currently don't find it to be a combo (u-turn followed by the scoop) that I'm naturally using in game as part of progressing through features.

Well if your switches are working it’s strange, I just played a few games and got ambush twice and I am by no means a great player.

Is your ball definitely trigger the switch a few posted pages back that on a hard shot to the u-turn it would ride the wall and skim over the rollover switch. Might be worth doing a slo-mo video.

#2668 2 years ago

Just had an awesome game my best game too date.

8F7F91DC-94D5-44AB-8783-EF020178EE20 (resized).jpeg8F7F91DC-94D5-44AB-8783-EF020178EE20 (resized).jpeg
#2681 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

There is a small black screw for the plastic just near the spinner. I placed a spacer under the plastic which gives the back area of the plastic that houses the flasher a little more clearance. The ball orbits cleanly now around 9 out of 10 times.
The screw is just behind the spinner in the pic. Sorry best pic I have atm
[quoted image]

Have you done my fix for the orbit? It’s fixed the orbit hitting the plastic for most people that have done it.

By the way have you added any additional lighting under the plastic where you put the trooper? If you haven’t I must have an LED out so I’ll look later.

#2682 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I managed to put up my second 1B+ point game tonight.
While I'm not getting much ambush action, I'm finding more ways to improve my scoring. Really enjoying game!
[quoted image]

Go away!

And here was me feeling great about half a billion last night! Mind sharing your scoring tips, curious what you guys with these crazy scores are doing.

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Isn't this a fix to have the ball drop cleanly from Grogu into the left orbit? Mine does that fine out of the box. We're trying to get the shot up the left orbit to stop bricking when it's hit clean.

Sorry mate I must have misread, no idea about that as my orbits are like butter.

What part is the ball getting hung up on? I’m happy to strip mine down to the ball guides etc for comparison if it helps.

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Also some modes which give the player an instant buzz like 'hunter'.

Don’t forget scope! Love it when you make one of those shots and the flashers go crazy and the shaker goes absolutely bonkers!!

#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

So far the shaker doesn’t really contribute much on Mando. I may take it out of my Mando pro and install it in Godzilla premium

Mine shakes the hell out of my game, multiballs, jackpots, ambush, super jackpot but the shaker is most awesome on scope.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So... If the new games are shipping with the 1.11.0 code, when can we expect to see that available for download?

1.11 is probably the connect update, we are only on .97 or .98 so that’s quite a jump to 1.11, obviously guessing but I can’t see new mandos shipping with additional gameplay code if it’s not been released yet but they are coming out with connect so that makes sense.

#2740 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

BK:SOR just updated also with v1.11 code including the connect thing. Hope something is added to Mando, the last code update seemed a bit behind in terms of ideas Dwight had previously discussed

I have spoke with Dwight about Mando he certainly had the passion for this game and theme. He has likely been busy having to work on TMNT connect update which also added a number of fixes to the game too.

I have suggested a couple of ideas to add depth to what’s already there, for example expanding the Razorcrest hurry up stages with the multipliers to add more risk and reward to the hurry up stages between multiballs.

And I would like to see something added to the Beskar foundry system, so a big spender high score for the most Beskar spent in a game, just gives you another way to play and all the best games have a tonne of high score tables. And maybe something like foundry frenzy for purchasing every item in the foundry once during a single game - again just gives you another little challenge/way to play and it’s something I have been playing with friends who are far less interested in scores.

Got my fingers crossed we will see some nice additions and touches to Mando, what is there already is pretty solid and one of the best theme integrated code packages we have had in a long time, with some extra depth and special touches it could take it from great to f’in brilliant.

#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Still hipe for something on the encounter. That is just so hard for me. The rest you can get, but encounters, maybe a setting to set for yourself to keep in the encounter without playing the bonusround each time.

You have to focus solely on that left ramp and encounters to get into them deep, I am not the best player in the world my best score is 550million ish but I have managed to get through to the encounters wizard mode a couple of times focusing on them and nothing else.

My kids are not fans of the upper playfield because it’s quite difficult, shame someone doesn’t make fatter flipper rubbers

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It seems badly off for this week.

It was rumoured that code was coming this week maybe we will see it tomorrow in time for the weekend?

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Have some wear on a couple of the post sleeves (most notably the ones near the left ramp). Can these work as replacements? Better than rubber? https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html[quoted image]

Yes this will work perfectly and perfect play are my favourite aftermarket rubber replacement.

I have removed all the rubbers from my Mando and replaced them with perfect play, they last a lot longer and keep your game cleaner.

#2787 2 years ago

Awesome a couple of my suggestions made it into the rules, very cool! Thank you Dwight for listening and taking on the feedback pumped to play this, downloading now.

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No insider connected ?

Licensing approvals with Disney likely slowing Connect and the topper reveal.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

I'm probably dumb but what does that mean? Licensing approval of what? Of the Disney assets beyond what was already agreed to for the game? Or does Disney need to sign off on what they make the achievements etc.?
I realize it's unlikely you have these answers just thinking out loud...

Disney like any licensor hold the right to be notified on and to sign off on every aspect of the game/product. Disney are far more thorough than most licensors they analyse every little detail of their products, they are super protective of their IPs.

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

The pro is the wife’s,the premium is mine.I tried to get a LE but no dice.I got the two different machines for the price of an LE,street price that is.
I might move the premium in the future. I have to see how the pro plays,she has put 1 play on it and doesn’t want me to kill her high score.

I have played both and if money is no option the prem/LE is the winner here, the ambush up/down ramp alone is a game changer and just feels awesome to loop over and over, my best is 4 back to back it’s up there with the warp ramp imo as best feel good shot.

#2828 2 years ago

Agree mate ambush is brilliant now and a complete game changer, I am sure I got a couple of different ambushes earlier, one was ravine ambush I think and I missed the name of the other but I am sure it was different, which is a nice touch.

#2840 2 years ago

Does the 1.0 game code change the diverter positioning in the feed to the mini playfield? Seemed to me that diverter was always down as default now it's always up as default. Same way if I now re-install game code 0.98. Or am I mistaken about the default behavior in the past?.

Pretty sure it was always in the up position on my LE at default and dropped when Encounters is lit and the first switch on the ramp is triggered.

#2897 2 years ago

Super skill shot: you must hold the left flipper button down prior to plunging and it will keep the post down. It worked on my LE on .97 .98 and 1.0

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from APz:

My Mando was having issues with drooping ramps, to the point where they start developing cracks to the stress points. I thought about all kinds of 3D printed solutions, but the final version was a lot simpler: I cut a piece of a post rubber and put that on the topmost slingshot nut. On the left side it aligns perfectly with the ramp, on the right it's not that perfect but it seems to stay there snugly and now the ramps stay where they're supposed to stay.

The ramps are not designed great, even on the LE with the metal wireforms, the ramps are much better with larger washers on the mounts to give them more surface area to sit on and be tightened down. Takes out all the wobble and movement in them, your solution looks perfect for the pro ramps, should be a key post but we can’t seem to get any key posts in here.

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Yeah, finally received my Mando pro my first NIB!
Unboxing it actually. I faced a first issue that I fixed. Now I see another one. look at the flipper of my mini playfield?
The flipper position is definitely wrong.
No QA at Stern?
[quoted image]

Congratulations on the first NIB, there’s nothing quite like that NIB smell.

Yeah that flipper is a little out so say the least, 2 pros I have played have had their flippers in the position of the red arrow and played great!

2439D4D4-4B4D-4FB2-8DDA-A81D64232019 (resized).jpeg2439D4D4-4B4D-4FB2-8DDA-A81D64232019 (resized).jpeg
#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Is anyone getting the gate under grogu get into a wierd state and balls getting stuck behind it?

Which one Neil the MB gate? Or the coil that drives the encounter diverter under the left ramp?

If it’s the MB controlled gate mate, check for a tiny screw or washer if you have had your playfield up recently, I had this issue out the box. If not then it could be your moving grogu mod sometimes his cloak can catch in the gate.

If it’s the encounter diverter I believe it’s balls being magnetised to it, I haven’t looked at a fix as I haven’t had the issue yet, but I have spoke to others with the problem.

#2919 2 years ago

Yes. Closing outlanes helps. It stops some of the sling to side wall and dribble down the outlane drains but more importantly when the ball hits the top of the sling it doesn't just hit the outlane post and rebound into the outlane anymore. Lots of SDTM from the U-turn off the right side ball guide though. The game is a brutal but we enjoy the challenge.

KOZ you shouldn’t be getting regular SDTM drains off that u-turn. My game is perfectly level and I have only had maybe 1 or 2 max.

Check your levels and if your still having issue put a small rubber on the exit of the u-turn it will disrupt the exit just enough to correct its speed and trajectory - not done this on my game but it’s worked on my mates pro.

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Light the playfield multipliers and shoot the center razorcrest shot until your arms fall off.

Half way there. My best scores have come from multipliers lit, mission and encounter both ready, scope ready and then start a mission followed by razorcrest multiball, shoot the main ramp to get into the upper playfield play both at the same time at some point scope comes while multipliers are still running for big points.

I love the fact the best games in Mando at least score wise seem to come from organised chaos it’s an absolute blast!!

#2959 2 years ago

If your struggling to work on the upper playfield best advice is simply remove the entire playfield from the cabinet, it’s super easy, I lent mine against a wall to swap the coil stops made it 100x easier.

#2964 2 years ago

Brilliant update and once again shows Dwight listens to the end user, really polishing up nicely this code package a few more tweaks to Foundry (I would like a little more strategy added to foundry items like powering up items buying them a 2nd and 3rd time, takes the idea of TMNT training and puts it on steroids!) and it’s pretty much perfection.

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

When The Hurry up is running (You know because the music changed and the GI are pulsing)

The hurry up is easily one of my favourite additions you added to Mando.

Any more plans for future additions Dwight before you are pulled onto your next game?

Mando is easily one of it not my favourite code package it’s so well integrated into the theme, any expansion of the foundry - levelling up weapons and their perks with multiple purchases would be phenomenal, basically anything to make Mando deeper and add longevity as I cannot see myself selling my LE ever!

#2983 2 years ago

Xaqery question for you Dwight

With the new encounter rules you can now skip the bonus levels which really helps progression on the encounters ladder and opens up the modes there which is fantastic!

But you have also made those bonus levels worth x2 now adding extra incentive to play through them, again nice touch to keep incentivise playing those bonus rounds.

Question is as I haven’t been able to keep an eye on it, is does your combined scores from encounter 1 + bonus, 2 + bonus, 3 + bonus effect/boost your scoring in I like those odds?

Basically is there a further incentive other than the x2 of the bonus levels that you will see through that ladder?

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

So now with the option post down by default & raised as needed, at what specific moment this post will be UP?

Mine comes up now when child is lit and seems to drop the ball in there when super pops is lit and running.

#3002 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Do you have a pro or premium?

Running Prem/LE code

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

these are the files that extract from zip file[quoted image]

Yes you need both on the drive the game will do the rest during the update

Edit: was about to add have both files on the main drive folder nothing else, but Chuck beat me to it below.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Just confirmed on my Pro. Child lit, shot right orbit and post didn’t come up.
Edit: shooting the left orbit with child lit, the post worked perfectly. Could have sworn the game said “child lit shoot right orbit” but maybe I’m wrong. Left orbit works

Pretty sure this was a bug in older code maybe it’s somehow worked it’s way back into the latest code.

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from Speedracer773:

Maybe we are the only ones? ....for my part I think this quirk is much more interesting than some

I’ve got a few mates coming round tonight so will look into this properly when I can see others shooting it. Previously I felt it came down too much, almost every shot to the u-turn it would drop, I think it’s something to do with Dwight re organising ambush.

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Gonna replace my Grogu with the animated toy tomorrow. Anyone got a step by step how to remove Grogu?

Pull the playfield and it’s two screws that hold him in. Once you pull the playfield and take a look behind grogu it’s obvious what you need to do mate, it’s super easy.

#3074 2 years ago

Been through 1.01 over the last 2 days and my up/down scoop is still dropping during escape/ambush and for all supers. Ambush escape is a great mode now you make the shots, you can then build up the value shooting lit shots, you shoot the up/down scoop to lock in that score and then you can add more with those other lit shots or collect on the right ramp and escape.

Previously it felt like it would drop after every shot to the u-turn which seemed a little excessive. However the big issue now is it doesn’t seem possible to hit it repeatedly and loop it which is a huge negative and missed opportunity that needs fixing!!

It could also do with being incorporated more into the various modes and areas of the game as it’s the best shot on the playfield.

incorporating it more into scope would be good, making it the highest value scope shot and being able to repeat loop the shot for a “scope combo” or just simply doubles the value each successive loop would be a nice little expansion to the mode and extra depth to the game.

Same goes for the super jackpots allow it to be repeated for a double super jackpot and then a triple super jackpot. Making it more Valuable and rewarding looping the most fun shot in the game seems a no brainer.

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Anyone else notice the scoring is a lot lower with new code??
Still loving it now ambush easier.

The scoring is still there I think it’s just a little further away from the flippers. Removing the bonus rounds lowers your scores in encounter, changing settings so razorcrest multiball is behind hunter makes stacking multiballs a harder task, you get one less shot in hurry up unless you start and stack your multipliers to really add to your shots and scoring opportunities.

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'm still finding the "Light Heal" award from the Child doesn't actually light heal in the latest code.
Also got stung yet again by the Child magnet throwing the ball down the center (Razor Crest shot) and resulted in a STDM drain.. Really hate losing the ball from a mystery feature

Just checked it on my LE twice and it works fine.

Quoted from medeski7:

I notice that when I select to light heal in the foundry that only the left outlane lights. Is that supposed to be that way? I wouldn't think so.

Yeah it lights the left outlane and you can switch it from left to right with your flipper buttons. Not sure if you can buy it twice to light up both sides but that should be an option.

#3085 2 years ago

For the SDTM issues there is the perfect space and mounts available to put a one way gate up there for anyone getting continual SDTM issues. I think it should have been there from design, there is no 5th roll over switch so why have the ability for it to trickle out and miss the roll overs that the magnet is supposed throw it down?

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Agreed. This is one of the more frustrating aspects of the game. It is meant to be a reward and more often than not it is a punishment.

I am lucky as I don’t have the issue mate at all but I know others are having it and looking at the mounts in that area a one way gate is an easy solution and it will keep the ball in the roll overs a little more instead of it escaping out the side.

#3088 2 years ago

Okay one thing I just noticed testing the above, I can not get my right inlane hunter insert to light up. Can someone else test and confirm please?

#3091 2 years ago

Oh sorry guys I tested the foundry light heal award apologies I read that wrong, will give that ago shortly while I have my playfield out.

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay one thing I just noticed testing the above, I can not get my right inlane hunter insert to light up. Can someone else test and confirm please?

Can someone double check this also pretty sure it’s a bug as I cannot get the right inlane hunter insert to light.

Also worth noting hunter is worth a lot of Beskar but the points are just not worth going for there needs to be more points added to hunter missions and at least one more hunter mission!

So far it’s capture the mythrol, can’t remember the second and find the Jedi after that it goes back to capture the mythrol.

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I don't have this one. [quoted image]

Weird it works in test so there’s no issue with the LED board. When you light Hunter from the 3 stand up targets do both inlanes light for you?

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Maybe an obvious duration but When you say both, do you mean simultaneously? My understanding is that only one lights and you can alternate with flips.

Ah shit, I was testing while my playfield was pulled so didn’t even think to flip, doh!

Will try that shortly when I drop it back in.

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not according to Dwight. It only drops for super jackpots in 1.01.

It drops for Escape/Ambush as well as supers and the first multiballs super is timed and can be shot over and over until the time runs out.

Could definitely do with being repeatable on all 3 of the razorcrest multiballs if it isn’t already, or for the 2nd and 3rd razorcrest multiballs allow 3 repeatable loops?

It’s been a while since I had a game that was able to create a super, double super and triple super jackpot that was a rush to hit!

#3102 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The points value in hunter is a little confusing as it is extremely low to the point where it's not really even worth having.
When playing hunter, my only care is getting as much Beskar as possible. The mode is about capturing a bounty and getting your beskar reward, so I wouldn't mind if the points bonus was removed completely. Another option may be to reward points based on how clean your bounty collect was.
Speaking of Beskar, I'd like to see a highscore entry for total beskar collected in a game!

Dwight informed me that Hunter is purposefully a low scoring mode as the focus is all about Beskar.

From memory as it’s kind of the mode I end up playing the least, I am pretty you can increase the Beskar reward hitting all the orange shots prior to collecting your bounty, but it’s timed so you can’t milk it.

More high score tables are always a good thing, highest Beskar earned and spent would be cool but Dwight mentioned previously IC Will kind of do that, although it would be nice to have them as a high score table for those of us not going with IC at home.

#3110 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'd rather see the Encounters points boosted as those I think are genuinely too low right now. As it stands, if you have a poor bonus round on all three encounters, the total points from completing the encounter path would be less than a single mission or multiball.

Agree with you totally here Encounters would certainly feel more rewarding and worthwhile being a higher scoring event, plus that upper playfield is a lot more fun than it looks, pretty much all my guests have said so.

Quoted from Jesder:

I imagine there will be IC Achievements for cumulative collecting and spending Beskar. That makes sense. But a highscore entry for most beskar collected in a single game would be well worth doing. Beskar is one of the key elements of the gameplay and should have a highscore entry around it.

More highscore tables are always a plus, it was one of the reasons my TWD lasted so long in my home there was a tonne of scoretables to get on making you focus and play different ways. And as you said Beskar is one of the key mechanics in Mando it would be great to have a highscore for Beskar earned or spent. Me and my mates sometimes play for the most Beskar earned it’s a fun little challenge and the looser drinks a couple shots haha.

Talking about high score tables as well as a Beskar one having high score tables for a few of the modes that seem missing would be good.

• Precious Cargo
• You Have What I Want
• I Like Those Odds
• Razorcrest Hurry Up
• Dank Farik

#3112 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Question, recently got my Pro, when you get a "Child Award", as it's cycling through award you'll receive, the playfield scoring is basically dead but you're still flipping because the ball is active. Is this because in the Prem/LE models, Grogu grabs the ball and it becomes stationary? Weird to basically have a dead playfield with no lit shots but is what it is. TIA

Can’t confirm why it does it on the pro but yes on the prem/LE with the magnet it grabs the balls throws it around a little while the GI is off and the grogu spotlight is on.

#3117 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Came across a few bugs in the latest code (1.01) today on Prem/LE for you Xaqery
The Child mystery feature activates during attract mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It's possible to trigger the child mystery feature while the game is running in attract mode.
To replicate:
- Start a new game
- Activate the child via the orbit or skillshot
- Wait for the ball save to expire and let the ball drain
- When ball 2 is served into the shooter lane, hold left flipper + Start to cancel the current game.
- Once game cancels back to attract mode, the auto launch will shoot the ball
- If the ball enters the child area before returning to the trough, the magnet will trigger and the mystery screen animation will play on screen, even though the game is in attract mode.
Encounter 1 progress is lost if you time out level 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------
On stage 3 of the first encounter, if you time out the bonus level (as in keep the ball in play on the mini playfield until the timer runs out in the bonus level), the encounter progress becomes bugged and you're repeating the first encounter from level 1.
The encounter inserts at the lower playfield will show encounter 1 as solid (complete) and encounter 2 as flashing (active), but when you shoot the ball into the mini playfield, you are once again playing the "protect the child" encounter.
Also, the inserts on the mini playfield are blue, which is what we would normally see when trying to progress to the second encounter. However shooting the ball into the mini playfield will start encounter 1 again.
To replicate:
- Start a new game
- Shoot left ramp to light encounter 1
- Complete encounter 1 - level 1
- Complete encounter 2 - level 2
- Complete encounter 3 - level 3 and keep the ball alive on the mini playfield until bonus level timer runs out and the flippers goes dead.
- Flippers disable for the ball to drain and bonus level points are shown
- Encounter insert 1 is now solid and insert 2 is flashing
- Shoot the ball into the mini playfield again and you will still be playing the first encounter "Protect the child".

Wow that’s some impressive debugging man.

I haven’t even used game restart on Mando, one of the few games I enjoy playing through even if I am playing like crap, the code is a hell of alot of fun on this game.

#3127 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It would have been fantastic to have the main screen representing the Razor Crest on different planets, in function of the last mission launched, with all the changes of lighting, soil, climate and flora that this implies (including Nevarro, Trask, Corvus, Morak).

Likely memory/bandwidth issues I believe Mando is already full to the brim.

#3132 2 years ago

So I installed the tiltgraphics Cara Dune ramp lane decal, I have it lined up perfectly at the top end of the shooter yet it hangs over the edge of the legs at the bottom of the forks and also doesn’t line up correctly on the forks, is this normal for tilt? First product of theirs I have purchased.

P.s. Merry Christmas fellow Mandos!

93558BCD-1235-40CD-8709-4528932AA8B7 (resized).jpeg93558BCD-1235-40CD-8709-4528932AA8B7 (resized).jpeg
#3138 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I installed mine a couple weeks ago, was fairly happy with the final placement although the lower right tab seems a little narrower than the ramp versus the left. It may be that the one you received was cut a little off center. My placement does leave about a millimeter of ramp exposed all the way up the right side but I'm fine with it.
[quoted image]

Yeah yours is a much better fit than mine.

Mine runs down both edges perfectly it’s just at the V of those forks where it goes off and looks like crap lol.

#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Finally got around to reproducing the challenge mode bug where instead of going back to attract mode after the mode ends, it jumps into normal gameplay instead.
When I encountered it during play tonight, I had flipped the ball up the ramp for the final shot in phase one before the flippers went dead. But because it completed a shot after the mode had ended, the it continued the game in the normal mode, but with encounters completed and the wizard mode insert flashing.
It's essentially timing related - Flip the ball before the flippers go dead and complete one of the red shots in phase 1 while the mode is forced to end.
I've seen this a few times now, but can now finally reproduce it easily enough. You don't have to hit the final shot in phase 1 and can hit any lit red shot.
Here's the steps Xaqery
To reproduce:
1) Hold both flipper buttons to bring up mode selection and select challenge mode
2) Don't complete all red shots in phase one, instead flip the ball around until the ball save runs out (or take the glass off and hit a few targets to keep the ball search happy).
3) Ball save will run out
4) The mode will eventually end after a short period of time after the ball save ends. You need to hit one of the lit red shots as the game ends and final score is shown.
5) Game now jumps into regular gameplay instead of back to the attract mode. All 3 encounters are shown as completed and wizard mode insert flashing.

I had this happen but didn’t know what caused it, however the above sounds exactly what I experienced. Playing a few games with friends tonight so will try double check it here.

#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Does anyone have a link or video on how to properly put on a cliffy in the shooter lane for Mando?
Thx

Not sure if there is a video but it’s a fairly simple process.

First go under the playfield and remove the two nuts that hold the metal pegs/feet of the apron secure. You can see these legs going into the playfield from the top, look directly under the playfield and you will spot them.

2 screws need taking out do the playfield hanging hooks (the 2 metal hooks that holds the playfield in place at the lockbar receiver)

Now lift off the apron.

From memory I think you need to remove the auto plunger arm, just 4 nuts, then you will spot the 2 metal press screws that are next to the shooter lane/out kicker.

Remove the nuts off those, and gently knock them up out of the playfield.

Fit the cliffy and place the 2 metal press screws through the cliffy to hold it in place, line up the protector so the edge is on the edge of the shooter grove.

Press screws down to hold the cliffy firmly in place. Then replaces the screws on the bottom of the screws and tighten them up they will pull down into the playfield and hold the cliffy rock solid.

Right side (long protector) is even easier, remove a few of the screw along the outside edge of the playfield just enough to loosen the guide slide protector under it and refit screws and tighten down.

Done.

#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a tough game - everything is so close to the flippers and any bricked shots are really punished. And the whole right side are very narrow shots. Not a game for shooting on the fly. In fact most shots are better backhanded.
Finding it hard to put up scores on this new code also.

Think that’s why I love this game so much, 90% of Sterns released over the last couple years have pretty much had that big open area in the middle with the shots up at the back.

Mando is the exact opposite which adds some much needed variety in the layout/shots department compared to all the other recent releases.

#3170 2 years ago

Anyone know if Stern cabinet node board has a 5v source?

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Introducing my new 3D Mandalorian flipper toppers. Please PM if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127219

Love these dude! As always quality product!

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Well just got the call that my mando premium is in. I guess a few did get made at the last minute year end.

Great news to hear production other than Godzilla had a chance.

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea. Ordered both pins day 1 and got my godzilla weeks ago. Still waiting on mando heh

Let’s hope Rush isn’t a huge seller allowing even more catchup of other titles.

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Just got my invoice for a premium. Definitely wasn’t expecting anything to ship until February. Anyone else get an invoice recently?

Quoted from nitrocow:

I just got my invoice hoping to get the machine here soon!!!!

Congrates guys, fingers crossed they arrive very soon!

#3205 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Interesting. Mine came NIB with the spacers below and the plastic over the ramp was flush against the top of the ramp. I think that's what was intended but I'm not sure it makes a difference.
Eta, looks like over is correct. This is a screen grab from the game release video showing it on top. Looks like mine came with those on incorrectly. [quoted image]

I’ve taken a couple of Mandos out the box LEs so can’t be sure of pros/prems build but they should all be the same.

All had spacers at the front of the ramp above the ramps entrance posts and the ramp plastic was above the small spacers.

Cables leading to the ramps opto are tucked behind the end of the screw holding down the ramp plastic.

#3208 2 years ago

I would personally recommend spacers, when we put cliffys on a friends game we lost one of the spacers (one on the left from the players POV) when we tightened the ramp back we noticed it was at an angle that just didn’t look correct, so we removed the one on the right and tightened the ramp down it makes the ramp flap almost flat to the playfield and changes the ramp just enough to make it less smooth.

If you take them both off and play a few games and then put them both on you can notice a difference. Ramp shoots smoother with them on for sure.

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My premium is coming soon as well as my cliffy set. How hard are the cliffy installs on this one?

Super easy on Mando. If your not sure about any of the cliffys just ask, I’ve had most of this game apart for one reason or another.

#3223 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I did not install the shooter lane cliffy. The ball trough cliffy I installed by hand without taking about the ball trough off and it fell off after a few plays. Are these cliffys that helpful? I get the ramp one, but I have a plastic shooter lane protector already and I just don't know that the trough one is worth the trouble.

So you’ve fitted the ramp protectors on both sides of the main ramp?

Have you done the drain hole cliffy?

Shooter lane cliffys are super easy, once you’ve done it once mate you will do your next with your eyes closed.

I use cliffys and the plastic pu-parts shooter lane protectors all my shooter lanes are perfect!

#3231 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Most times when I hit a lit right orbit, either the post misses the ball completely or the ball bounces back out. Anyone else?

There is an issue with the code I believe, but also it seems the post might not be designed/positioned in the ideal place and the ball can miss it.

#3234 2 years ago

Xaqery any news on the topper or connect for Mando Dwight? Thanks and happy new year buddy.

#3247 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pisses me off when I finally complete the helmet modes (forgot the name) and almost invariably drain off the upper pf instantly without hitting a bonus target - which is the whole point completing the modes.
Would be really nice if the bonus mode was timed so you at least get one more chance to get up there and get some points after all that work in the first place.

Nice idea Cooked timing the encounter bonus rounds, there needs to be a reason to play them instead of setting to skip them make this risk worth the reward but also giving those that play them more opportunity and time to play them is good.

Wizard mode for encounters is so good!!

#3249 2 years ago

Grogu coming out the trough

AB307667-4D49-4286-B0DB-656CDD2F1DFB (resized).jpegAB307667-4D49-4286-B0DB-656CDD2F1DFB (resized).jpeg
#3250 2 years ago

This kid gets everywhere!

Decided as much as I liked him in the shooter lane this was the better position, had him sat in a box so thought I’d use him in my Mando.

33051494-02A0-478E-A417-264AF431BA8C (resized).jpeg33051494-02A0-478E-A417-264AF431BA8C (resized).jpeg

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Speaking of the heal award bug, a "Double heal" feature would be great, by cumulating the one awarded by Grogu and the one in the foundry, for example. The two outlanes would be then protected. The first side drain would unlit one heal insert, then we would have to use the flipper buttons to move the protection of the last heal insert.
This would help the nasty side drains.

Agree mate, I have spoke to Dwight and mentioned it more than once that having the ability to “power up” items in the foundry would be fantastic.

Buying more than one heal to light both outlanes, buying a second flame thrower without using your first gives you 4x, buying more whistling birds - first purchase gives you 1 shot, 2nd giving you 3 and 3rd purchase 5 shots kinda like the ability in deadpool powering up booms to super booms.

Would just add a lot of strategy to the whole Beskar/foundry system.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

A

I agree for everything except for flame thrower. Instead of boosting x4 I think just put a "2" over the icon to show we have 2 remaining flame thrower that we have to use at 2 differents times (or back to back)

I was taking into account making upgrades expensive so the risk is to play for more Beskar adding a lot more risk the longer you play the more Beskar you need, but you get big rewards for doing so.

#3273 2 years ago

Anyone have a quick and dirty explanation of playfield multipliers? How to maximize them for a mission/multiball stack.

Have mission and razorcrest mb ready, then aim for Hunter immediately as it’s the hardest multiplier out of the 3, get that running then bobas multiplier then go for scope as you have the other 2 multipliers running for a nice boost towards scope.

Go straight into a mission now all 3 are running, soon as the mission starts, your first shot should be to the razorcrest to start multi-ball, activate the flamethrower and go for mode conpletion and all mb shots for the super.

Repeat before going into razorcrest hurry up as the multipliers add shots to the hurry up as well as multiply your score.

For the biggest scores at least in my experience it’s basically repeating the multiplier process before starting modes and multiballs/hurry ups.

#3274 2 years ago

A few more tweaks but happy with how these look, had these lying around in boxes so thought I would finally put them too use.

221D44E0-A304-46C4-9A98-65D67B9AD597 (resized).jpeg221D44E0-A304-46C4-9A98-65D67B9AD597 (resized).jpeg406F87FD-FB49-494E-B5DA-C7E3614EF143 (resized).jpeg406F87FD-FB49-494E-B5DA-C7E3614EF143 (resized).jpeg450D840D-D8BD-4B80-B8A7-EE2474917884 (resized).jpeg450D840D-D8BD-4B80-B8A7-EE2474917884 (resized).jpeg69F7BCFC-8BD3-4E72-B408-334BE7BCB42C (resized).jpeg69F7BCFC-8BD3-4E72-B408-334BE7BCB42C (resized).jpegFD9FF0DC-F1FA-4B7C-8AC4-260DB711D9EB (resized).jpegFD9FF0DC-F1FA-4B7C-8AC4-260DB711D9EB (resized).jpeg
#3278 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

looks great man! where did you get the mod that sits on top of the scoop? i've seen that in a few pics but can't seem to locate who is selling it. thanks in advance.

It’s Tdiddy mods linked above.

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

what about helmets and grogu ? they look great ! where are they coming from ?

Those are from Hot Toys 1/6 scale Mandalorian figures TMS007 and TMS015, they are not cheap, I collect Hot Toys so know a lot of people in the hobby and was able to get a couple of Remnant Trooper helmets on spikes off of them.

The Remnant Stormtrooper helmets on the spikes in the show was one of my favourite visual touches from the first series so I had to get a couple and incorporate them into the game. The spikes bases fit perfectly into the outlane holes in the playfield.

The little grogu at the out hole between the flippers is magnetic and is just there to make my kids smile as they love Grogu (baby yoda) plus it looks kinda cool hanging onto the apron between the flippers, not often something fits in that area and my kids think it’s amazing and it makes them play more so it’s a win win

#3285 2 years ago

Nice PeterG i collect mainly MCU Hot Toys, the Ironman armours are stunning.

I managed to get the Mando Stormtrooper helmets on spikes and the Grogu from fellow collectors.

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So my premium came today(day 1 order) which is great. However the flippers all came terrible off alignment. I got the bottom one done easy enough but the upper playfield flippers are way off. I guess I need to remove the upper playfield to do this? Side noite my build date is 12/30 for anyone interested
[quoted image]

You might be able to remove the plexi cover and move them by hand if the flippers are not locked in place super tight. But how does it play? If it plays great leave it for now, it won’t be long until you probably replace the coil stops anyway.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just installed the side armor on my premium that came today. The armor has been
Here months waiting. Man i like how it looks. Dont get it on most games but had to have it on this one.

I have an LE and love the art and armour but this the first pin where the Premium with Stern side rails is equally as good! Those rails are awesome!

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:do we know when next update is due with insider connected? Ive come to like it with my Godzilla

No news at all, hopefully we get some more new code soon (although nothing mentioned in this months union address) and an idea when the topper and IC might be coming for Mando.

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The flame thrower is simply 2X the shot value. It has no other function.
The whistling birds weapon however is specific to missions and acts as a smart bomb feature, hitting all lit mission shots.

Do they do all lit shots or just one lit shot?

#3360 2 years ago

Thought I would throw this out here, anyone interested in my remnant stormtrooper helmets on a spike mod? Might make a small run if there is interest.

#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I get this a lot also. Thinking of installing a Mag Reed switch in there. Anyone tried?

I bent the switch up so instead of a gentle moon crescent shape to the switch it’s more raised, seems to have solved the issue as I have not noticed anymore shots not registering/missing.

#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Cant wait to see the topper.

I hear it’s IG-11 spinning head and arms hopefully with his guns although I can see Disney being Disney and saying no guns but hopefully a 3D print can make those if they are missing.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I think I am in the minority in wishing it is not IG-11. Not sure what I want, but I'm not feeling IG-11. I just hope it interfaces well with the game. I love the way the Ghostbusters topper works with the game.

Wasn’t quite sure what I wanted myself, but I would rather have moving animated IG11 than some static plastics of Mando and Grogu.

Obviously an animated blast door to reveal Luke and R2 would be the best option but only because it was such a cool moment, it’s not really encompassing of the Mando series itself so IG11 is more fitting.

#3376 2 years ago

Thanks for clarifying Dwight, this was posted several pages back by me after I discussed it with you but for some reason there are no key posts in this thread which continues to make it hard for people to find the relevant answers.

Once you know the above info it makes the button a great tool and it’s perfectly executed.

#3388 2 years ago

Anyone know what this refers to? In the sense of you have achieved it..?

(PREM/LE) - FORCE QUIT will now kill the held flipper in YOU HAVE WHAT I
WANT.

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So is there any way to make the left ranp more forgiving? It rattles around for me so much. And im not very good at backhanding either.

Make sure you have the correct spacers on the ramp entrance those can either improve or screw up your ramp, it seems to depend on the game itself but worth experimenting with.

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

J85M Can you clarify what you mean by spacer?
mbrave77 My pro was a late November build and the ramp I think still has the same design when I compare it to some of the old pics in this thread

I can’t find a pic on my phone and I am currently at work. Basically at the ramp flap there are two screws that go into the posts (the metal ramp protectors are attached here too) the game should have the black post rubbers plus a black plastic spacer on top of each one.

That’s the factory set up make sure they are on your ramp, however the occasional game works better with out them or without one of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

515 posts in this topic match your search for posts by j85m. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.