IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 156.
#2351 2 years ago

Is there a setting to have 'HEAL' carry over to the next ball after draining?

#2352 2 years ago

Mandalorian GameBlades/Inner Cabinet Side Art
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/mandalorian

Mandalorian-GameBlade-BA-11 (resized).jpgMandalorian-GameBlade-BA-11 (resized).jpg
#2353 2 years ago

Does anybody else have a ton of bugs ever since the latest code update? I feel like every update the game's received has just added more and more bugs...

1. The Child doesn't grab the ball/activate when it's lit and the ball is plunged. (happens about 50% of the time) You also can't bypass the child and attempt super skill shots while the child is lit.
2. The action button doesn't allow selecting items in the foundry. (this is a new one that showed up last night, hoping a power cycle fixes it)
3. The encounter #1 tilt difficulty sometimes is at like zero degrees, which creates such a floaty ball that it's uncontrollable.
4. The encounters ramp doesn't register progression towards starting the next level like half the time.
5. When the ball comes out of the mini-PF after bonus level and the post comes up to display scores, it holds the ball for 5-10 seconds AFTER the scores come off the screen. Almost like the game is lagging, but on previous updates it would release the ball much quicker.

I am certain I am forgetting a bug or two, but this is what I notice the most. It has made me really dislike Mando lately and this was my favorite game when we first took delivery.

Anybody else having these same issues? Really hoping it gets better in the next update, but who knows :/

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Does anybody else have a ton of bugs ever since the latest code update? I feel like every update the game's received has just added more and more bugs...
1. The Child doesn't grab the ball/activate when it's lit and the ball is plunged. (happens about 50% of the time) You also can't bypass the child and attempt super skill shots while the child is lit.
2. The action button doesn't allow selecting items in the foundry. (this is a new one that showed up last night, hoping a power cycle fixes it)
3. The encounter #1 tilt difficulty sometimes is at like zero degrees, which creates such a floaty ball that it's uncontrollable.
4. The encounters ramp doesn't register progression towards starting the next level like half the time.
5. When the ball comes out of the mini-PF after bonus level and the post comes up to display scores, it holds the ball for 5-10 seconds AFTER the scores come off the screen. Almost like the game is lagging, but on previous updates it would release the ball much quicker.
I am certain I am forgetting a bug or two, but this is what I notice the most. It has made me really dislike Mando lately and this was my favorite game when we first took delivery.
Anybody else having these same issues? Really hoping it gets better in the next update, but who knows :/

Super skill shot has never been possible when child is lit.

Action button in foundry issue has been discussed a bunch. Apparently double tapping a selection or holding down the button will select an item. Not sure if that's an intentional change but hoping it's changed back.

I haven't updated mine. Gonna wait for at least the next update and maybe 1.0. Doesn't seem worth it at this point.

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Super skill shot has never been possible when child is lit.

Oh yeah, I know that hasn't been possible, but if the child is lit then that should activate 100% of the time when the ball is launched.

#2356 2 years ago

You need to report these directly to Stern including as much detail as possible.

#2357 2 years ago

2. The action button doesn't allow selecting items in the foundry. (this is a new one that showed up last night, hoping a power cycle fixes it)/

I created button press types to handle the different things we do with a button: short press, long press, held. I needed to do this when I decoupled the flame thrower so that it can happen any time. I needed to change how short presses work. A Short Press now needs you to close the button and then open the button all within 96ms. Which is a really quick tap. The foundry used to use a SHORT PRESS to allow you to select stuff. If you do a really quick complete tap closing and releaseing it should work fine.

In the latest code, to be released soon(tm), I changed short press to 128ms for the equipment. But that doesnt matter for the foundry, I changed the foundry to only use the button close edge. The foundry no longer cares about what type of press you are doing.

I think people think you need to double tap because to double tap you have to do a really quick tap.

Getting the mini-playfield and Encounters to work well is the #1 thing I want to work on before V1.0. But even if we get to V1.0 and its not working really well I will fix it.

- Dwight

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I created button press types to handle the different things we do with a button: short press, long press, held. I needed to do this when I decoupled the flame thrower so that it can happen any time. I needed to change how short presses work. A Short Press now needs you to close the button and then open the button all within 96ms. Which is a really quick tap. The foundry used to use a SHORT PRESS to allow you to select stuff. If you do a really quick complete tap closing and releaseing it should work fine.
In the latest code, to be released soon(tm), I changed short press to 128ms for the equipment. But that doesnt matter for the foundry, I changed the foundry to only use the button close edge. The foundry no longer cares about what type of press you are doing.
I think people think you need to double tap because to double tap you have to do a really quick tap.
Getting the mini-playfield and Encounters to work well is the #1 thing I want to work on before V1.0. But even if we get to V1.0 and its not working really well I will try to make fix it.
- Dwight

Awesome! Dwight is on it like doggone it!

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Getting the mini-playfield and Encounters to work well is the #1 thing I want to work on before V1.0. But even if we get to V1.0 and its not working really well I will fix it.
- Dwight

Thank you so much for the incredibly informative response!!! I am looking forward to the future updates!

#2360 2 years ago

Crazy issue here. Yes reported to stern. No response yet for many days. Disappointed that stern support is unable to respond or help, so here’s to the forum:

I had a dank Ferik multiball and I blew up the machine. Crazy multiball. After multiball, every switch hit scored points and it would not stop. Even flipper buttons scored points.

So I started a new game. Same issue.
So I rebooted. Same issue.
So I reset to default factory settings. Same issue.
So I reinstalled ,98 code. Same issue.

Literally, I launch a new game and just for getting the ball in the shooter lane I’m scoring points. Tap the flipper buttons and I’m on a roll. I put up a score that would put you all to shame, with the glass on, and My first ball never left the shooter lane. Booyah!!

Anyone experience this? Thoughts or fixes?

Yes, I sent vids to stern. I plead for help. This game is so good but it just sucks to have so many issues without any stern help.

#2361 2 years ago

Go into switch test. You will have a switch that is constantly showing up on the screen. Find that and adjust it. You have a switch that is stuck closed somewhere.

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Crazy issue here. Yes reported to stern. No response yet for many days. Disappointed that stern support is unable to respond or help, so here’s to the forum:
I had a dank Ferik multiball and I blew up the machine. Crazy multiball. After multiball, every switch hit scored points and it would not stop. Even flipper buttons scored points.
Literally, I launch a new game and just for getting the ball in the shooter lane I’m scoring points. Tap the flipper buttons and I’m on a roll. I put up a score that would put you all to shame, with the glass on, and My first ball never left the shooter lane. Booyah!!
Yes, I sent vids to stern. I plead for help. This game is so good but it just sucks to have so many issues without any stern help.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Go into switch test. You will have a switch that is constantly showing up on the screen. Find that and adjust it. You have a switch that is stuck closed somewhere.

I think that Erik is correct. You have a switch that is closing when a coil/flipper fires. Thats how your Dank Farik was so good. Its a multiball where all the scoring switches give you a Dank Farik award. Each flipper flipped gave you one.

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

As others said, check the switch test. Bang on the playfield to see if vibrations are causing a switch to trigger. If it’s an opto, it might need to be realigned or simply went bad and needs to be replaced.

#2364 2 years ago

I had a similar switch scoring issue and it was the 10pt switch, which is below the pop bumpers, on the opposite side of the foundary scoop. It awards 2 beskar per switch so it made huge scores. Just had to adjust the leaf switch.

#2365 2 years ago

Any update on when Stern may release the Topper and optional plunger at all??

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from Rooniedoodle:

I thought they released the plunger already? Looked like some people already posted images of their plungers.

Topper still seems TBD.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from Rooniedoodle:

Shooter is already released, Sterns is weathered/damaged version, HOOKED produces a clean/pristine version.

Topper is likely stuck in licensing hell if the R2D2 topper is anything to go by expected it in 2025!

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I had a similar switch scoring issue and it was the 10pt switch

Nailed it. Same switch. Should have realized a closed switch…but I guess my excitement coming off of dank ferik (during which the switch got closed) I was thinking something crazy was happening.

Lesson learned. Post to pinside. Do not bother stern.

#2369 2 years ago

Just got my NIB Mandalorian Pro delivered yesterday. I'm pretty excited as are the kids. I've pre-purchased the metal ramps, animated grogu, mirror blades, shaker motor and a couple of other small mods to add to the game.

This is my first NIB game. I'd love to hear what you think are must have or must do things as I get started using it. I ordered Ninja balls as I've been told the stock Stern balls are no good. I'm not sure if I should apply mylar (I did order a shooter lane protector). I had planned on using the stock rubbers for a bit and not immediately waxing the playfield as well. I'm still a bit of a novice and this is only my second machine. I've only been in the hobby for about a year. Any feedback and advice specific to this machine or otherwise is very appreciated.

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Just got my NIB Mandalorian Pro delivered yesterday. I'm pretty excited as are the kids. I've pre-purchased the metal ramps, animated grogu, mirror blades, shaker motor and a couple of other small mods to add to the game.
This is my first NIB game. I'd love to hear what you think are must have or must do things as I get started using it. I ordered Ninja balls as I've been told the stock Stern balls are no good. I'm not sure if I should apply mylar (I did order a shooter lane protector). I had planned on using the stock rubbers for a bit and not immediately waxing the playfield as well. I'm still a bit of a novice and this is only my second machine. I've only been in the hobby for about a year. Any feedback and advice specific to this machine or otherwise is very appreciated.

Welcome to the hobby!!!

I haven't installed a shooter lane protector personally, but I highly recommend turning down the trough eject power. I'm still using stock rubbers on this and my Stranger Things (Pro). I would wax/clean every 500 plays or so.

Let us know how the Ninja balls are. I have been using the stock Stern ones on all my games, but am looking to replace the balls in my Deadpool (Premium) soon.

Otherwise, just be aware that there are some outstanding bugs/quirks in the game as Dwight works to get the code to v1.0.

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Open the box, set it up, and play until something bothers you enough to fix it. Tried-and-true method over here.

#2372 2 years ago

@Xa

Quoted from medeski7:

Order the cliffy ramp protectors or they will break.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

@Xa

Order the cliffy ramp protectors or they will break.

Do you have a link? I looked on his site and it looks like these are prototypes.

ETA, I just emailed Cliffy at the email address on the site. Please let me know if there's a better way.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

This is my first NIB game. I'd love to hear what you think are must have or must do things as I get started using it. I ordered Ninja balls as I've been told the stock Stern balls are no good. I'm not sure if I should apply mylar (I did order a shooter lane protector).

I had planned on using the stock rubbers for a bit and not immediately waxing the playfield as well. I'm still a bit of a novice and this is only my second machine. I've only been in the hobby for about a year. Any feedback and advice specific to this machine or otherwise is very appreciated.

Congratulations on your first NIB, Mando is a hell of a first game to grab NIB. Metal habitrails, animated grogu and shaker are the 3 must have mods you have coming already so your good there.

Ninja balls are brilliant and look amazing, I use them in my Mando LE and I use them in a couple of games with magnets without issue so in a Pro without the magnet you have no need to worry.

No real need to apply Mylar on the Pro or the LE, just check rails are not digging into the playfield and lift them with a small washer if needed. No need to wax a brand new playfield but I would swap out the factory rubbers as they are often as shit as the balls, I recommend perfectplay but it’s often personnel preference.

Grab a full cliffy set from http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm Mando is the top set and Cliffs contact email is at the top of the page, drop him an email asking for a Full Mando set for a pro and he will get back to you. That should be fine but if you want to keep your shooter lane looking new 1000-3000 games in, grab a clear protector from https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347532897 and just rest it over the top of the cliffys in the shooter lane.

Other than that mate just enjoy!

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Do you have a link? I looked on his site and it looks like these are prototypes.
ETA, I just emailed Cliffy at the email address on the site. Please let me know if there's a better way.

No emailing Cliff is the best option, he should reply pretty quick.

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No emailing Cliff is the best option, he should reply pretty quick.

After a quick search I see a lot of people are having cracked ramps. Cliff already responded indicating he's got a three week or so wait. Do you think I'm okay to play the machine in the meantime? I'd hate to crack a ramp after just getting it.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

After a quick search I see a lot of people are having cracked ramps. Cliff already responded indicating he's got a three week or so wait. Do you think I'm okay to play the machine in the meantime? I'd hate to crack a ramp after just getting it.

I doubt it will survive. It happens very quickly.

#2378 2 years ago

Mine may have been cracked right out of the box. Cracking it really isn't a big deal, the ramp works fine. The difference in my cracked ramp vs replacement ramp plus the cliffy is that the entrance seems a bit more forgiving now. Plus I upgraded the replacement ramp from Stern with that updated decal selling on Pinside.

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I heard Stern where replacing cracked ramps under warranty for those cracked almost out of the box, maybe someone can confirm that?

I have played mine without the cliffys but I turned the flipper power down as a precaution and made sure my ramp wasn’t over tightened out of the box.

But that call has to be yours mate, it’s much harder to not play a game you have setup than it is to keep it in the box and wait though.

#2380 2 years ago

The newest mod, once the glue dries I will test fit it but so far before cutting down to size the fit was about as perfect I could have hoped.

159B4F56-3C1D-428C-8D2A-40CE8A267257 (resized).jpeg159B4F56-3C1D-428C-8D2A-40CE8A267257 (resized).jpeg
#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt it will survive. It happens very quickly.

I have 500 games on mine with no Cliffy and it’s not cracked.

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Go to the lottery and get yourself a ticket. Haha

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Honestly tho even if it cracks the point where everyone's having trouble will be completely hidden by the Cliffy protector and it connects higher up so it won't matter at all either way. I don't think you should wait 3 weeks just for that.

And fwiw similar to waxx I easily put in 300-400 games before I got mine and it didn't break at all. Default flipper power and everything.

Enjoy!!

#2384 2 years ago

Just loosen the screw then make sure the protector is as tight as possible to the ramp.

#2385 2 years ago

I had 500 on mine with a broken ramp before I got around to replacing it.

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I put my cliffys on at 620 plays with no cracks…but I was really tempting fate.

#2387 2 years ago

left flipper on the upper playfield just quit working on mine.
Everything else works, any ideas?

#2388 2 years ago

I over shot the length of the spike so that needs shortening but overall I think it looks great, scale looks big on the pics because I am zoomed in but from players perspective the scale looks perfect!

ED076A5D-E33A-4563-B485-3215023EC306 (resized).jpegED076A5D-E33A-4563-B485-3215023EC306 (resized).jpeg
#2389 2 years ago

I have around 200 plays on mine. No cracked ramps here. Got my cliffys on Monday will install them this weekend.

#2390 2 years ago

Thanks for the ramp updates all. I didn't want to keep my son from having fun on the new machine. Cliff has already responded confirming my order.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I over shot the length of the spike so that needs shortening but overall I think it looks great, scale looks big on the pics because I am zoomed in but from players perspective the scale looks perfect![quoted image]

Looks GiNormous!

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

Here some minor stuff I changed on my mandalorian pro!
the figure costed me 25 euros shipped. A MUST have upgrade if you have a pro.
I designed a mount for the figure (ask me for STL if you want to 3D print)
also put some switch target foam on the diverter to help stop the bounce backs but not 100% fixed yet, sometimes ball still bounces back off the ramp.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Who makes the figure..? Thanks!

#2393 2 years ago

I am curious if Stern fixed the ramp issue in the last November batch on Pro's...

#2394 2 years ago

I personally haven't had the issue with the ramp on my Premium, but the Pro (first batch) on location near me got a broken ramp really quickly.

#2395 2 years ago

Got my premium today. It's been quite a wait but it was worth it. Great game, excellent theme integration and lots of fun.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Looks GiNormous!

Yeah it does from that angle

It was one of my favourite images from the series, those remnant trooper helmets all smashed up and those on spikes, so wanted to bring it into the game.

Tried a few different scales 1/10th and 1/12th but they where too small just got lost in all the art work from plays perspective, this is 1/6th so quite large but standing at the game ready to play it’s about perfect.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah it does from that angle
It was one of my favourite images from the series, those remnant trooper helmets all smashed up and those on spikes, so wanted to bring it into the game.
Tried a few different scales 1/10th and 1/12th but they where too small just got lost in all the art work from plays perspective, this is 1/6th so quite large but standing at the game ready to play it’s about perfect.

I thought Tdiddy did a nice homage to the helmet scene!
Your helmet Detail looks great .

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I thought Tdiddy did a nice homage to the helmet scene!
Your helmet Detail looks great .
[quoted image]

Yeah I debated getting Toms mod with his foundry but wanted something a little more detailed and in your face, as it was one of my favourite images from the show.

My plan is to maybe do one more and possibly a smashed helmet (Boba vs Troopers when he caves in a couple of troopers helmets/heads) for the back or left ramp return.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah I debated getting Toms mod with his foundry but wanted something a little more detailed and in your face, as it was one of my favourite images from the show.
My plan is to maybe do one more and possibly a smashed helmet (Boba vs Troopers when he caves in a couple of troopers helmets/heads) for the back or left ramp return.

That helmet looks great! Love the detail! I decided to go with one of Tom's trooper-kabob mods.(still in the paint phase) I was hoping to find some specialty mods at expo but no real luck. Have a few more things on order, this machine has so much potential for additions. And a couple pics of my topper solution. Loving this game!

IMG_20211102_161823614 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_161823614 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_161852239 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_161852239 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_162025289 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_162025289 (resized).jpg
#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That helmet looks great! Love the detail! I decided to go with one of Tom's trooper-kabob mods.(still in the paint phase) I was hoping to find some specialty mods at expo but no real luck. Have a few more things on order, this machine has so much potential for additions. And a couple pics of my topper solution. Loving this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks dude, I love Toms mod, just wanted something bigger and more in your face, I remember watching Mando for the first time and those trooper helmets on spikes where so cool.

I might ask Tom once he’s less busy if he could whip me up a one on a larger scale, until then these will do and they use the outlane holes as a mount so they are a 5second install.

Love that topper, is that a 1/6th scale hot toys IG11 with Grogu? I think they just released the Mando specific speeder bike which looks awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leominster, MA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.