IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 156.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Hahaha, I think you are right with your rating and Hot Wheels is over twice as good.

These ratings are amazing, hahahaha.

Just WOW!

Thanks for reminding me Waxx to update my release time ratings as I totally forgot about them. Will go through and change them to reflect current code and opinions. May take a bit but I'll get it done.

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Just WOW!
Thanks for reminding me Waxx to update my release time ratings as I totally forgot about them. Will go through and change them to reflect current code and opinions. May take a bit but I'll get it done.

Your entire choice of rating system is the fundamental flaw in the top 100. Too many people clout it up with bs ratings. Usually its people trying to bump up their games. Yours just seem like a hatred of anything remotely modern. (Which you are entitled to) but tske the time to adjust your scoring parameters if all Sterns end up ranking lower than woodrails ffs lol

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Your entire choice of rating system is the fundamental flaw in the top 100. Too many people clout it up with bs ratings. Usually its people trying to bump up their games. Yours just seem like a hatred of anything remotely modern. (Which you are entitled to) but tske the time to adjust your scoring parameters if all Sterns end up ranking lower than woodrails ffs lol

Most new games are rated high because they have good themes and art. The ratings are flawed but then people feel the need to correct it themselves and complain but their own ratings are ridiculous as well.

#954 2 years ago

Any owners looking for a set of the orange protectors? They look great but I decided to go with clear ones instead. Feel free to PM me if interested.

B02D3936-8C34-44D3-A1CE-DF5652B3E595 (resized).jpegB02D3936-8C34-44D3-A1CE-DF5652B3E595 (resized).jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

***Update: These are gone!***

#955 2 years ago

Dammit.
Finished Precious Cargo mini wizard
Finished I Like those Odds mini wizard
Played You Have What I Want mini wizard.
Drained. Booooooooooo!
Im loving this game. It has a terrible case of the "one more game"

Just shy of 1billion

#956 2 years ago

Also tweaked my right ramp and while it is not a gimme, that shot is now makable from my right flipper.

#957 2 years ago

I can’t backhand the right ramp on mine. Also my scores have gone down a bit with the introduction of the razorcrest hurry up.

What tweaks did you make to the right ramp?

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Has anyone made a mode to cover up this VUK? Would be nice to not have this so in your face when looking at the playfield.
[quoted image]

This is so ugly and unfinished. I’m surprised you’re the first to mention it. I’d definitely be interested in any coverup someone comes up with as well

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I can hit the left ramp from the left flipper but the right from the right is not happening on my game. Any advice?
Also that stupid plastic diverter post up in the right orbit just sends the ball back most of the time. Booooooo.
Anyone clear all the encounters yet? Is there another target sequence after completing all three encounters to start the mini wizard? I can usually get to about the 5th round (2-2). I made it through 8 rounds today (3-2). Only one more to complete them dang it.
I find getting the Razorcrest mini wizard pretty easy.
I have made it to the missions mini wizard three times.
No encounter mini wizard yet

i made a guide for this, worked on two machines so far.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/137#post-6420048

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Has anyone made a mode to cover up this VUK? Would be nice to not have this so in your face when looking at the playfield.
[quoted image]

I made an ice cave that goes back there and effectively covers that - need more plays ( some airballs from the ramp and grogu flinging that ball to test impact resilience).

#961 2 years ago

Does the ambush drop down ramps motor(?) buzz really loudly when activated on anyone with a prem/LE? Was playing solo last night and noticed it for the first time.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I made an ice cave that goes back there and effectively covers that - need more plays ( some airballs from the ramp and grogu flinging that ball to test impact resilience).

I am very interested in ANYTHING to cover this up! Keep me posted - if this is anything like your other mods it will be AWESOME!

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Does the ambush drop down ramps motor(?) buzz really loudly when activated on anyone with a prem/LE? Was playing solo last night and noticed it for the first time.

I had the exact same issue the first day with my LE. I changed the scoop hold power setting (or whatever it's called), both increased and decreased, with no luck.
Next day, I went to make a video to send to Pablo @ Stern and it was fine. Never had that noise since, go figure.

Hope the same happens for you!

#964 2 years ago

Always fun trying to figure out where a suddenly appearing washer on the playfield came from....
Turns out it was this post which meant there was also a missing screw...sigh. All good now but the upper playfield attached diverter is held on by one tiny screw?? The game wasnt playable until i found the screw and fixed that post.
Also swapped the upper rubbers to titans while i was up there at least.

16286115806922331114601702659553 (resized).jpg16286115806922331114601702659553 (resized).jpg
#965 2 years ago

Also, code name Jennie

20210810_112357 (resized).jpg20210810_112357 (resized).jpg
#966 2 years ago

Joined the club!!

Our Mando Premium just came in. My wife is legit more excited than I am, and she somewhat-rarely plays pinball, though she very much enjoys having the machines in the barcade area, for aesthetic reasons. She even requested to be the first to play out of the 7 in our house, so this may be the one that really gets her into pinball a bit more. And who says theme aint important

I'll look to post an update and some pics after unpacking later and some plays, to confirm what issues I see/don't see, born on date, etc. for correlation with others.

C3CF3672-4745-470E-BC49-459A00BC0BB1 (resized).jpegC3CF3672-4745-470E-BC49-459A00BC0BB1 (resized).jpeg
#967 2 years ago

Just unboxed my Pro! Unfortunately, the auto plunge doesn't work. It doesn't plunge. When I get a multiball , the balls are just chillin' in the lane. I'm not even sure where to start. Can I submit a ticket to Stern? Do I have to go through my distributor?

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from douglasHicks:

Just unboxed my Pro! Unfortunatelythe auto plunge doesn't work. I'm not even sure where to start. Can I submit a ticket to Stern? Do I have to go through my distributor?

I'd always start with your distro

#969 2 years ago

Just unboxed my Pro! Unfortunatelythe auto plunge doesn't work. I'm not even sure where to start. Can I submit a ticket to Stern? Do I have to go through my distributor?

What do you mean doesn’t work? Not working at all, or not making the ball go around the orbit?

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

What do you mean doesn’t work? Not working at all, or not making the ball go around the orbit?

Apologies. It doesnt plunge at all. I get a multiball and the balls all hang out in the plunger lane.

#971 2 years ago

Apologies. It doesnt plunge at all. I get a multiball and the balls all hang out in the plunger lane.

Does the auto plunge coil work in coil test? Probably something easy that can be fixed if its not firing in test mode. Id say its either unplugged somewhere or solder came loose on the coil but that just a guess without more info.

#972 2 years ago

go into switch test mode and see if the shooter lane switch registers (use a ball not your finger). the ball won't be shot on to the playfield if the shooter lane doesn't see a ball sitting there and it only sees a ball there if the switch is working.

if the switch does work, then it is a coil issue, potentially a broken wire off the coil lug or unplugged connector. look around underneath the playfield around the coil.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

go into switch test mode and see if the shooter lane switch registers (use a ball not your finger). the ball won't be shot on to the playfield if the shooter lane doesn't see a ball sitting there and it only sees a ball there if the switch is working.
if the switch does work, then it is a coil issue, potentially a broken wire off the coil lug or unplugged connector. look around underneath the playfield around the coil.

Super cool! I've never used Switch Test mode. The 'Skill Shot' switch (25) works. 'Shooter Lane' (22) switch does not work.

EDIT!
DUDE! You guys rock. I lifted up playfield. Saw the wire running to that switch was unplugged. Plugged it in. VOILA!

#974 2 years ago

Super cool! I've never used Switch Test mode. The 'Skill Shot' switch (25) works. 'Shooter Lane' (22) switch does not work.
EDIT!
DUDE! You guys rock. I lifted up playfield. Saw the wire running to that switch was unplugged. Plugged it in. VOILA!

I was just going to post a pic of the plug, lol! Awesome good work!!!

#975 2 years ago

Has anyone done anything on pro to post/band where ball enters upper playfield? barely reaches flipper if im lucky.

#976 2 years ago

Probably ordering a Mando Pro in next few weeks. People who have got their games in the last week or so...

How is the metal thingy with the welds holding up? Are they adding more welds or are they more robust?

I am worried about the ramp cracking at the entrance. Has this been addressed?

I forget where on the playfield it is but there is a post that seems to always be bent/leaning as it is installed on a nut I think? Has this been addressed?

Thanks guys!

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Probably ordering a Mando Pro in next few weeks. People who have got their games in the last week or so...
How is the metal thingy with the welds holding up? Are they adding more welds or are they more robust?
I forget where on the playfield it is but there is a post that seems to always be bent/leaning as it is installed on a nut I think? Has this been addressed?
Thanks guys!

Got mine last week. So far everything looks solid and my game works 100 percent.

I read that they addressed the weld issue in the second run.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Thanks guys!

Several people have suggested that the ramp cracking can be avoided by elongating the mounting holes on the metal protector so that the protector can sit flush against the plastic. Sounds like the problem on the ramps that cracked was too much space between the metal and the plastic ramp, causing the metal protector to flex downward when hit by a ball, putting stress on the mounting screw and plastic flange. Too much of this, and the ramp cracks.

It’s a pretty embarrassing quality issue but also a pretty easy fix from what it sounds.

Don’t think anyone has a great solution for the diverter, but I could have missed it.

#979 2 years ago

Anyone having issue with the right turn around? I put some M5 washers on the ball guide so it wouldn’t dig into the clear and thought maybe that was the issue, but in diag mode the switch seems pretty sensitive so it seems weird that the balls not triggering it. Mainly it’s the super jackpot after multiballs or when it’s the last shot of a mission. I’ll hit it 2 or 3 times and it doesn’t do anything… just me?

#980 2 years ago

On my premium more often than not a normal plunge results in the ball hitting the orbit kick up post then the ball bounces from the child area too a SDTM drain and a ball save. Very annoying. I've seen some fixes posted by removing rubbers on the child lanes but that doesn't seem like an acceptable long term fix. Any other ideas? I can try to get video if it helps.

#981 2 years ago

What should a normal plunge be looking like, should it be hitting something half way up the orbit (haven’t checked it out yet, we have the room dark and really letting the family get all their plays; I’ve only played once); and what’s the skill shot, is it just the child rollovers?

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

What should a normal plunge be looking like, should it be hitting something half way up the orbit (haven’t checked it out yet, we have the room dark and really letting the family get all their plays; I’ve only played once); and what’s the skill shot, is it just the child rollovers?

Theres a post that is suppose to direct the ball into the child lanes but not stop the ball. Its not coded right yet because sometimes it pops up randomly. Also hold the left flipper in until the ball gets past the spinner and then hit the blue lit shots for the super skill shot. The super skill shot doesnt work if child award is lit.

When you plunge and it goes all the way around the orbit cleanly while holding left flipper it should hit your flipper perfectly if timed to hit the ambush ramp(first of 3 super skill shots). If its not hitting your left flipper then adjust your left orbit ball guide.

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Am I going crazy or are the team play modes not yet coded?
Tried to play 2v1 with my kids tonight and only Player 1 was able to play all 5 of their balls...
Tested 2v2 and same thing...
Cooperative mode and monster mode work fine though...
Did a search through the forum first but couldn't find anyone with the same issue.
Running 0.97 code.
(I have some pics and video to send Stern if they need it but if this was already a known thing, I wouldn't waste Dwight's time!)
[quoted image]

Hold the left flipper while plunging the ball until after it cleared the rollovers and then follow the blue arrow shots to advance the skill shot. Have fun

#984 2 years ago

Cool - thanks gents

Got two more questions.

1) Does anyone else notice “weird action” around the flippers, almost as if there is a magnet doing shit down there. My 12 year old said it within 15 sec of play and confirmed it wasn’t just be. It just goes in odd directions randomly, like a weak magnet is down there.

2) I can’t post pass for the life of me. Shoots straight up to top of slings and comes right back down on same flipper. Is this a non-post pass pin or do I need to adjust flipper strength?

#985 2 years ago

1. No magnets. Ball spin.

2. The newest sterns are getting harder to post pass on. And Brian Eddy games are always hard to do it on due to the positioning of his slings.

#986 2 years ago

Cool - thanks gents
Got two more questions.
1) Does anyone else notice “weird action” around the flippers, almost as if there is a magnet doing shit down there. My 12 year old said it within 15 sec of play and confirmed it wasn’t just be. It just goes in odd directions randomly, like a weak magnet is down there.
2) I can’t post pass for the life of me. Shoots straight up to top of slings and comes right back down on same flipper. Is this a non-post pass pin or do I need to adjust flipper strength?

give it alittle nudge left or right depending on direction you want the ball to go when you post pass

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1. No magnets. Ball spin.
2. The newest sterns are getting harder to post pass on. And Brian Eddy games are always hard to do it on due to the positioning of his slings.

1) Interesting. Is there a fix for ball spin other than time, or is it by design? The newest NIB pin I have is JP2 and have not experienced there, though I did a bit on NIB MBr that either went away or I got used to in time.

2) Double interesting, my first BE pin. So is there a “work around” or you just gotta flip from where you’re at?

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

give it alittle nudge left or right depending on direction you want the ball to go when you post pass

When are you nudging during the process?

#989 2 years ago

1- it’s normal. Just keep playing.

2 - you just have to time your flips differently. Takes practice. Or use another skill to transfer the ball to the other flipper. Use a ramp shot, alley passes, etc.

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Theres a post that is suppose to direct the ball into the child lanes but not stop the ball. Its not coded right yet because sometimes it pops up randomly. Also hold the left flipper in until the ball gets past the spinner and then hit the blue lit shots for the super skill shot. The super skill shot doesnt work if child award is lit.
When you plunge and it goes all the way around the orbit cleanly while holding left flipper it should hit your flipper perfectly if timed to hit the ambush ramp(first of 3 super skill shots). If its not hitting your left flipper then adjust your left orbit ball guide.

So this post, it comes up after plunge as I hung out at back of pf while plunging and saw it immediately pop up at plunge. Is this part by design, and I need to plunge perfect to avoid the post, or it’s not supposed to be popping up during plunge?

#991 2 years ago

So this post, it comes up after plunge as I hung out at back of pf while plunging and saw it immediately pop up at plunge. Is this part by design, and I need to plunge perfect to avoid the post, or it’s not supposed to be popping up during plunge?

It pops up during the plunge so the ball feeds the child lanes. For super skill shot, hold the left flipper until the ball comes all the way around and out the front of the left orbit. Then make your super skill shot.

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It pops up during the plunge so the ball feeds the child lanes. For super skill shot, hold the left flipper until the ball comes all the way around and out the front of the left orbit. Then make your super skill shot.

OK, so it’s normal, that’s good. Now, is it a strat to avoid it so orbit completes or nah, it’s fine to go down child lanes, even when holding left flipper?

#993 2 years ago

OK, so it’s normal, that’s good. Now, is it a strat to avoid it so orbit completes or nah, it’s fine to go down child lanes, even when holding left flipper?

It’s your choice. Regular plunge to child lanes for normal skill shot (worth less). Hold left flipper to keep the post down and come all the way around for a chance at the super skill shot (worth more).

#994 2 years ago

When are you nudging during the process?

Right as your hitting the ball in the direction of the post while cradling you nudge it in the direction you want the ball to go. Basicly your moving the post just enough to push the ball like a normal post pass with alittle guidance, lol! You'll get it after a few trys.

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s your choice. Regular plunge to child lanes for normal skill shot (worth less). Hold left flipper to keep the post down and come all the way around for a chance at the super skill shot (worth more).

I think he’s saying the post pops up unpredictably during super skill shot. Mine does this too randomly blocking the orbit (despite Left flipper held during plunge)

I think it’s a code bug that possibly has something to do with the child being lit on the plunge.

I’m on initial code still and haven’t updated... was kinda waiting on the next round of updates because i figure it won’t be long.

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I think he’s saying the post pops up unpredictably during super skill shot. Mine does this too randomly blocking the orbit (despite Left flipper held during plunge)

Hold the left flipper until you see the ball come out of the left orbit. Still have the issue?

Always update to the most up to date code.

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hold the left flipper until you see the ball come out of the left orbit. Still have the issue?
Always update to the most up to date code.

yes still happens... i have 8 modern sterns

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

yes still happens... i have 8 modern sterns

Whew. If you have 7 or less it would be different. Haha. Point is, if it’s a bug, it may have been fixed in the latest update. Might as well see. If not, it may not be a bug. If you think it’s a bug, it’s best to try and figure out exactly what causes it, and let stern know via the bug report email.

Sorry if you already knew that.

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whew. If you have 7 or less it would be different. Haha. Point is, if it’s a bug, it may have been fixed in the latest update. Might as well see. If not, it may not be a bug. If you think it’s a bug, it’s best to try and figure out exactly what causes it, and let stern know via the bug report email.
Sorry if you already knew that.

hah... been too busy playing it. I was telling myself this about the code yesterday but i just kept hitting start. Turns out I’m a Brian Eddy guy apparently!

Mando is good, almost as good as Sth...

#1000 2 years ago

For sure. I have my eyes on this game. Possibly snag one at Pincinnati in December. Brian has always been one of my favorites (shadow is a flawless masterpiece, and I love my STH too). And I’m a big Dwight fan for sure (GOT is the best coded game ever imo).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.