IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

What does all of this go to?[quoted image]

Your pinball machine. . They are spare parts and decals.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hope not. Here was the one I played last week.
[quoted image]

Standard. Throw some Mylar over it and it won’t get worse.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

So we gotta order premium wireforms and machine off some welds? Lol. Someone mod this please.

Not sure why you think that. It appears they slide right into the ramps like the pro ramp returns do, and also attach at the slings at the same spot.

63A2B0C9-0738-4E3D-892B-83278A1692BE (resized).jpeg63A2B0C9-0738-4E3D-892B-83278A1692BE (resized).jpeg
#94 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

He’s talking about the piece midway into the right ramp return that the ambush ramp screws into.

ah I see now. Why would you need to do anything with that?

1 week later
#229 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Does anyone on this thread have a Pro with zero issues at this point? Not trying to be snarky I just genuinely want to hear about the good experiences so far

Hop into the GNR owners thread if you think the issues here are a lot.

#236 2 years ago

Saw there was at least one in Europe.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game needs a lot more code,

It’s a Dwight game. They get to the finish line pretty quick usually. It’s pretty much complete already with some scoring balancing, bugs, and maybe another feature or two before it’s done done I would say.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Feels kind of shallow and repetitive, a bit flat to me. Just doesn't click with me yet. Had same issue with Munsters,.TMNT and star wars, never clicked.

Sounds like you’re just not a fan of Dwight’s games. No big deal.

Also, if you ignore the foundry and the breadth of the game, I can totally see how this would seem shallow. Path to the ends of his games are relatively achievable, it’s the stuff you do along the way that’s got the meat.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, it's a fun game, just feel like it needs more. Not quite sure what that more is though, maybe it's just the repetition getting to me as I find myself skipping through the animations on screen a lot.

Don’t do that! Turn that setting off and allow yourself to actually watch the cool moments they created.

Start digging into what everything in the foundry does and the best way to use them.

Dive deeper into the encounters to see what great play in those will do for you.

Play games where all you do are side quests (hunter, scope, ambush) and really learn what those are doing for you.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Reeeeally cool!
Does this come with a nib game?

No. Online only.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I remember everyone saying Munsters was simple because Herman multiball was so close to the start button.

Munsters is simple for many other reasons. SJPs and the 5 character modes. That’s all it has outside of Munster madness. There no breadth to Munsters either.

Much more going on in Mando.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That's exactly what I said. It feels like Munsters 2.0 to me. What it should have been. More breadth l
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e757fe918b81441781efc79b9a564448e9b9c6a5-1625286358-1800"};
//]]>

Ahhh. Sorry misunderstood. Haha

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The one that is kinda frustrating right now is ambush… you can build shot values in it, but its a tough mode for what seems like little payoff right now

maybe better suited for the premium with the looping up down scoop ramp? cause each build resets or extends the timer right?

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

Anyone else hearing a loud squelching noise during replay and match? It’s high pitched and really loud. I just updated to .96 code and it’s still happening.

That’s the stern “knocker”. You can disable it in settings or buy a real physical knocker from pinball life.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I wonder if anyone with an LE now, also has access to a pro? Would be interesting to know if the metal ball ramps are a simple drop in and could replace the plastic ramps.

They are.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way#post-6375599

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thats common across games. I think my aiq le looks like that too.

It’s common for the powder to stop there, but why is the bar so rusted? My STH doesn’t look like that.

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Thanks. So after completing one of those 3 then you you have to hit both multiplayer targets on the side of the right ramp to start it? Or does it start automatically? Maybe those targets just extend the time

They start automatically. And I’m pretty sure hitting the boba fett targets will extend all the timers. Not just the green one.

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

What do the 2x and 3x targets by the ramp do then? Chuck said he thinks the boba targets extend time. I play on route so I can't pull the glass to test unless I happen to catch the owner there.

They multiply that ramp shot only.

And I’ve already confirmed the boba fett targets extend the timer. Just played it yesterday and confirmed.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm more of the mindset of... get PF multis up... start lucrative mode like mudhorn... and if you got icespider... then light flamethrower.... now you're cooking.

I didn’t even know what I was doing and simply stacking a mode with ice spider and using the flamethrower got me 200 million in like 5 seconds. Haha.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Congrats on last weekends tournament btw. I didn’t get to finish the whole thing yet but it looks like you were playing pretty well from what I saw.

Thanks! I was feeling really good after round 1 of the finals, but flamed out in the semis. Let some winnable games slip through my fingers. And thanks so much for watching!!

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Going to update code now... I did some high speed recordings of the orbit and post behavior on 0.96 - hold the left flipper will appropriately keep the post down on plunge for super skill shot. Sometimes the plunge will cause the ball to roll back in the orbit due to the post.
Most issues with the post occur with shots to the right orbit. In the cases I recorded, child is not lit, hitting the orbit rollover causes the orbit post to raise and depending on how tight the ball is hugging the guide, it will bounce back down the right orbit. I am not sure why the post is going up on right orbit rollover without child being lit. (New game code references fix for child being lit when it shouldn't be)
Too bad pinside won't allow MP4 to be uploaded. Maybe I will convert tot gif if I have time later.

Just upload it to YouTube and post a link.

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Can you provide any evidence that this ramp rejection is a feature? I cannot see putting effort into engineering this. Or why reward should be removed because the shot is made in a more traditional fashion.
I can however see energy control problems surfacing post production. I also believe the tack welding in this deflection area has been failing in an extremely premature manner. Yet more evidence that excess energy is not being managed properly.

They are talking about the foundry scoop. And scoop rejects are not a feature. Haha.

#533 2 years ago

Encounters are definitely going to be the roadblock for the final wizard mode. Maybe concentrate on those first.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I tried searching the thread but I thought there was a link to a detailed rule sheet. Does anyone have that?

Key posts at the top of the thread.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, I didn’t put rule sheet as one word is why it didn’t pull up.

I was talking about the key posts. They are linked at the top of every page in this thread. Click the link and the drop down list of key posts appears. You don’t need to use the search function.

#634 2 years ago

Consider this my vote to keep it.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Played a coop game with my wife today. She was player two, on ball 3. Hit the foundry and bought an extra ball. Ball kicked out and she drained maybe 5 seconds later. I laughed and said, “at least you have an extra ball!”. Then the game ended….
Bug? Anyone experience this?

It lights extra ball. Doesn’t collect it.

#726 2 years ago

1. Is easy. Loosen the guide and move it out more so the ball doesn’t hit that post.

1 week later
#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Lower the power to 176 range.

It will still happen. Do that and put Mylar down.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Will cliffy protect it as well instead of Mylar?

Probably. But way more expensive and could still allow damage eventually.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mine is still perfect with around 100 plays. My cliffys will be here soon.

Around 100 is when mine popped. After covering it with Mylar it didn’t get worse.

#895 2 years ago

Take a slow mo video to see what is actually causing the issue.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Haven't looked up the rules, but to get 3x and higher multipliers do you just have to hit a scope shot? Or is it Ambush? I know from playing, the Boba Fett gives you 2X. Still trying to figure out how I get a higher multiplier. Fun game overall. Really having a blast playing.

Scope adds another 1x, then if you complete a hunter mode that lights all triangles for 6x playfield (or plus 5x).

#934 2 years ago

Maybe it’s a bug on 5 ball. Did you test them on three ball?

#985 2 years ago

1. No magnets. Ball spin.

2. The newest sterns are getting harder to post pass on. And Brian Eddy games are always hard to do it on due to the positioning of his slings.

#989 2 years ago

1- it’s normal. Just keep playing.

2 - you just have to time your flips differently. Takes practice. Or use another skill to transfer the ball to the other flipper. Use a ramp shot, alley passes, etc.

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

So this post, it comes up after plunge as I hung out at back of pf while plunging and saw it immediately pop up at plunge. Is this part by design, and I need to plunge perfect to avoid the post, or it’s not supposed to be popping up during plunge?

It pops up during the plunge so the ball feeds the child lanes. For super skill shot, hold the left flipper until the ball comes all the way around and out the front of the left orbit. Then make your super skill shot.

#993 2 years ago

OK, so it’s normal, that’s good. Now, is it a strat to avoid it so orbit completes or nah, it’s fine to go down child lanes, even when holding left flipper?

It’s your choice. Regular plunge to child lanes for normal skill shot (worth less). Hold left flipper to keep the post down and come all the way around for a chance at the super skill shot (worth more).

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I think he’s saying the post pops up unpredictably during super skill shot. Mine does this too randomly blocking the orbit (despite Left flipper held during plunge)

Hold the left flipper until you see the ball come out of the left orbit. Still have the issue?

Always update to the most up to date code.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

yes still happens... i have 8 modern sterns

Whew. If you have 7 or less it would be different. Haha. Point is, if it’s a bug, it may have been fixed in the latest update. Might as well see. If not, it may not be a bug. If you think it’s a bug, it’s best to try and figure out exactly what causes it, and let stern know via the bug report email.

Sorry if you already knew that.

#1000 2 years ago

For sure. I have my eyes on this game. Possibly snag one at Pincinnati in December. Brian has always been one of my favorites (shadow is a flawless masterpiece, and I love my STH too). And I’m a big Dwight fan for sure (GOT is the best coded game ever imo).

#1009 2 years ago

There’s a Pincinnati?? Sweet! I travel to Columbus for work every 3 months so will need to align my end of year trip with that. How does it compare to Allenstown or Expo in IL?

More like Allentown I guess. It’s a smaller show with less vendors more games. Around 130-140 in free play all weekend. Details here. www.Pincinnati.com

There’s a Cleveland pinball show too in September and another Ohio show in April called Pinbrew.

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

have a seemingly minor issue..
multi balls are ocasionally ending when there are two balls remaining in play, and the trough is ocasionally kicking out 2 balls... Opto board for the Trough?

Yep. Start with reseating the tiny connectors on the board right by the trough up kicker.

Also, are you using chrome pinballs?

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Using Ninjas... thought about magnetics.. Think that could be it?

yep. I would only use those balls in a game with one ball in the game.

1 week later
#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigetoo:

Ok need to hear thoughts how to handle this one. New Mando le and out of the box chips on a NEW LE. I’m sure there is it to find.
What would you expect done?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d cover the shooter lane area with Mylar and keep playing.

1 week later
#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Yes. Just set the shaker to moderate. Easy fix.

That doesn’t change the intensity of the shake, just the frequency with which the shaker activates. Strength of the shaker can only be adjusted by making physical adjustments to the shaker. Unless they have changed that with Mando.

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

No, just during the game when it's supposed to. But super intense loud vibrations that would shake the whole machine. Not very pleasant lol.

That’s normal. Dwight likes his shakers intense. Ghostbusters and Munsters are the same. Haven’t seen SW with one.

#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from APz:

One of our welders at work was kind enough to make the weld right on this thing, now Mando lives again.
[quoted image]

Nice! That’s how it’s done.

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I think I saw someone posted about this before, but I got my game yesterday and think I found a bug. I got Encounter Champion at 56 million and my total score was only 26 million. I assume others seeing this type of issue right?

Yes. Bug.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Additionally, I reached out to Stern about a cracked ramp and they responded immediately that they would send me a new one. Great customer service!
I also asked them about this lockdown bar issue and I don’t think they really understand what I am referencing. The lockdown bar on my game is extremely tight to the cabinet and it is pushing into the corners of the wood. Any thoughts on how to alleviate this issue? Tweaks to the lockdown bar? Thanks everyone!

I would sand down the cabinet a bit.

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from bigfatdaddy:

I just unboxed my Mandalorian LE last night. Rather disappointed. Both flipper buttons stick, the scoop ejects more than half of the shots into it, and even the big ramp to the tilting head kicks back balls. Any suggestions? I have it totally level with the bubble level in the machine and even checked sideways level.
I have an LE Led Zeppelin and Premium Deadpool. This is my fourth pin to own. I would say that this is by far the hardest pin to hit shots and get multi-balls I have ever played. I played for a couple of hours and have not even hit a multi-ball yet (even by accident, I should have hit something). Maybe I don't get
the rules right, but this was supposed to be my kids pinball ... it is really hard. Maybe just me. Hope Stern will help me with the buttons. Calling them now.
Cheers!

Everything you have as been discussed here. Search the thread using find in topic link up top. Easy fixes for all.

#1376 2 years ago

Yep. Beat the game and get your signet.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

One of the yellow plastic pieces that represents the flame coming out of the Razor Crest popped off. I need to reattach but I am leary of using super glue in case I need to get to the bulb in the future. How should I reattach in a way that I can remove in the future if needed?

How were they attached in the first place?

#1439 2 years ago

Good question...I have no idea.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8f190ff5180300516d0be66f27e85dc92a2c4873-1630884967-1800"};
//]]>

I guess my point is how did you plan to access the lights before? I think these caps are just glued on. So I wouldn’t worry about using epoxy or super glue as long as it dries clear.

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Turned the trough power down to 200.
What's everyone else have theirs set to?

The lowest it will go.

#1453 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

There is a setting for auto launch - that should be the same as trough power, correct?

No. You turn that all the way down and it won’t leave the shooter lane. Dial that to preference.

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Do you happen to know what default is set to? I don’t remember changing that but I believe it was at 200?
Trough power default is 255, correct?

When you get to the default setting the game will tell you. Just cycle through them until it flashes default on the screen.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Can you still backhand all the shots?

Huh? We’re talking about the trough kick out.

#1485 2 years ago

Yep they are probably all hands on deck to get that rolled out and retrofitted for all legacy games.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The welds on our diverter broke at league last night. Apparently welds are expensive. We have our Mandalorian launch party on Sunday. Nothing like having a broken machine for a launch party.
The operator is going to try to get them to overnight one......We'll see how that goes.
Go Stern!
[quoted image]

Zip tie it back together. It will hold until the replacement arrives.

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

I can say first hand that these speakers are also WAY better than the stock speakers in any Stern Pro or Premium machine.
(these are the ones I have in my JP)
It's an inexpensive and easy upgrade that is worth it IMO.

Well yeah. The speakers in pros and premiums are like $1 a piece.

I’m more than happy with the kenwoods in my LE stern. Just added an external powered sub, and it’s really really good.

3 weeks later
#1928 2 years ago

Backhands are always the first to get harder or become impossible once fade sets in.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Maybe it’s meant to be, but the scope or ambush mode (where everything goes dead and red except for the return diverter on the u-turn) seems disruptive to me. I’ll be one shot away from stacking a mode and razercrest multiball, and that damn thing lights up and disable everything. Of course I shoot at it and great if I get it but high risk of fast reject to drain. Seems disruptive to game progress.
Maybe I need to embrace the mode, or study the rules more.

That’s exactly what’s intended. You’ve been ambushed!

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Are Stern's notorious factory coil stops an issue with this game? Supposed to be getting my NIB this months and wondering if I should order replacements ahead of time.

I always keep spares on hand.

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Combos aren’t popular??? That’s why Keith made Combos in AIQ a main part of the game. I think combos have been a great part of pinball for decades.

I believe he was speaking about this game specifically.

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

One thing I’m not crazy about and it’s common on all Sterns (compared to JJP or Bally/Midway) are the high powered slings. Has anybody had success dialing them back?

Strength is adjustable in the menus.

#2028 2 years ago

I say take the rubber off.

#2068 2 years ago

Hahahaha. That is great.

2 weeks later
#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere in this thread. Did anyone else order a Stern shooter rod and it looks like a rusty ball with a bad paint job?
[quoted image]

Looks like the one on sterns site to me.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Okay, I give up... What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to upgrade my Mando pro to the new code and just can't get it to do it. I have downloaded the files from Stern onto a USB stick. The files are unzipped on the stick but the machine does not acknowledge anything different when it boots. I am currently using the port at cn9 but I've tried others as well. I have tried reloading the files from Stern but still nothing. Short of just banging on the monitor I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

New usb stick. Follow these instructions. Read them carefully.

Installation notice:
This code release is in zip format. The zip file downloaded will need
to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Searching through this thread and can't find it....where is the best place to purchase Cliffys for this machine, and which ones are best to install?

https://www.passionforpinball.com/

#2361 2 years ago

Go into switch test. You will have a switch that is constantly showing up on the screen. Find that and adjust it. You have a switch that is stuck closed somewhere.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

After a quick search I see a lot of people are having cracked ramps. Cliff already responded indicating he's got a three week or so wait. Do you think I'm okay to play the machine in the meantime? I'd hate to crack a ramp after just getting it.

I doubt it will survive. It happens very quickly.

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I have 500 games on mine with no Cliffy and it’s not cracked.

Go to the lottery and get yourself a ticket. Haha

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I'm curious if there's any chance of some Book of Boba Fett content being added to the code.

Zero chance.

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Awesome, thanks!

Not necessary with the new sterns. It should have a metal retainer guard on the front of the bulb socket. Just make sure that sits in front of the bulb and blocks it from coming out.

1 month later
#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

What is the best rules/tutorial video out there?
I've found a few, but trying to find one that explains it succinctly like those amazing PAPA videos. Bowen, we need you!

Light the playfield multipliers and shoot the center razorcrest shot until your arms fall off.

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread.
On the pro, the ball is really difficult to hit in the upper playfield because of the single flipper. It usually just drops down.
Is there an adjustment I can make to where the ball makes better contact with the flipper?

Nudge the game as it comes down that rubber guide. Move the post on the rubber guide on the left to close off the drain up there as much as possible. Put a bouncier rubber or thicker rubber up there to help bounce the ball to the upper flipper.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive never aligned flippers before. Anyone have a good video on how to do it?

Loosen this with an Allen wrench. Put playfield down and put the flipper on the new desired position. Tighten that set screw back with an Allen wrench. Done.

F0343DDD-3C79-41EC-9978-7CE95BEEEAE0 (resized).jpegF0343DDD-3C79-41EC-9978-7CE95BEEEAE0 (resized).jpeg
#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes you need both on the drive the game will do the rest during the update

And those files are the only thing that should be on the usb stick. No folders no nothing. Just those two files.

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

hallelujah, thanks y'all. clearly I making this more complicated. Thanks again.

Reflashing the SD card is a whole different process that needs a completely different file set.

There are instructions at the top of EVERY readme file of every code update. They state:

Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy the spk file to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3 - Remove the USB stick from your computer when it is finished writing.
4 - Power the game off.
5 - Insert the USB stick.
6 - Turn the game on.
7 - After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
8 - The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
9 - Once the update is completed, the game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

3 months later
#4530 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

When you use the whistling birds in a mission to spot you the shots, does it also give you the points for those shots or does it just advance the mode.

You get the points too.

1 week later
#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I agree: pinball and glue, while it may work, is just not a solution I want to go with.
I'll look into your proposed solution, thanks!
I have another Mandalorian on location and I don't have this issue. I wonder where Stern went wrong where a few of us unlucky folks are dealing with this...

Get a lock washer and maybe that will hold it in the adjusted location.

2 weeks later
#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone point me out to some good flipper rubbers to replace the factory sterns? Never really bought rubbers before, it just bounces around too much, no good ball control
Thanks

Pretty much every type of rubber or silicone will be more bouncy than stock stern rubber.

Try super bands.

#4793 1 year ago

Super bands are the only ones I’ve ever used that are less bouncy than everything else. Hmm. Maybe they play different on modern sterns I guess.

There’s a thread somewhere that explains the bounciness of different colored real rubber. Like red is the most bouncy and maybe purple or green is least? Cannot remember.

Titan also has those low bounce flipper rings.

3 weeks later
#4970 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone know if half of the 750 LE machines went overseas?

Yes. Half of LEs always go overseas.

1 week later
#5025 1 year ago

Lol at everyone continuing to answer Nick’s question.

1 month later
#5257 1 year ago

I absolutely am loving my premium! Huge shout-out to Dwight and Brian Eddy. I've been hard on Dwight for the rules he's done on other games, but this is a masterpiece in my mind. The theme integration is 10/10 and this really feels like a sense of adventure that is Mandalorian, rather than the Mandalorian theme lazily pasted over a generic pinball game. Well done team!
Last year, I got one of the first games to land on location for my route, a pro. I thought it was solid, but never really grabbed my attention. I think on our podcast at the time we rated it a 7. On a future podcast, I'll revisit this and share my love of the premium, and where the game is currently at rules-wise.
Question for you guys: Was there a point where this game really took shape, in terms of rules? Did I miss something back in May 2021 when I played it, or was it lacking some significant features at that time?

Dwight definitely tweaked things for the better after people got their hands on it, but the meat and potatoes have been there. Great game that I hope to pick up down the road. Theme integration is so good.

#5263 1 year ago

I struggle to think of a game with better theme integration. Shows a ton of thought was put into it.
Contrast that with Star Wars, a game he coded only a few years earlier.

Haha. That game was done very well as well. Just not everyone’s cup of tea.

It’s good because it has all the movies in it and what transpired in them. You have all the major battles covered with amazing fanfare for each when you succeed at them. Mini wizard to battle Vader, main wizard to battle the Emperor. It’s great.

Also, Dwight had the forethought to adjust the game so that if you’re Luke, all the modes that don’t have Luke in them are autocompleted for you, because it wouldn’t make sense to experience scenes of the movie in which your character does not participate.

#5266 1 year ago

Hobbit is top tier as well. Great call.

#5268 1 year ago

Destroying the Death Star on a premium is one of the greatest moments in pinball. As it should be.

#5270 1 year ago

I’ve never chosen Leia in a tournament if that says anything. Last tournament I played in there was a Luke, R2, and a Han in the group. We all knew the game well too.

#5278 1 year ago

Maybe part of my problem with that game is that I've pretty much only played the Pro.

That’s part of it, but if you don’t like the pro, I doubt the premium changes anything.

2 weeks later
#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

Sorry if I am repeating comments anyone else already made and I missed.
About the topper, my theory is that the timing is waiting on the next code version to be ready, of course including code for topper functions.

It’s 100% Disney approvals. Takes forever to get them to approve something.

Supply chains are still strained too. Combination of both is the way.

2 weeks later
#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx
and quite sure Xaqery Dwight/software team is reading here

Please report to the email. Only way to ensure it gets seen and logged.

2 months later
#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not what I was hoping for and you wouldn’t think something like that would take so damn long to get approved.

Everything topper related with Disney and Star Wars takes forever.

#5978 1 year ago

Stranger things had the same issue backhanding the right ramp.

Some could do it. But the clearance was like a millimeter. Others couldn’t because the post was just a hair more to the left and blocked the shot.

3 weeks later
#6223 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

I can't believe I'm reading this. A pure family mode feature.

They must be joking?

Unreal.

Indeed. Thanks for cementing that this was my last Dwight game.

Mind-boggling complex — for what? Lock the game down for a potential of HOW MANY POINTS? (I see awards and the endgame 5X PF multiplier as extremely valuable, but at the same time unobtainable if the drop-down ramp is involved at any capacity)
Cries in disintegrated beskar...

Just sell your game grumpasaurus rex.

#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from rdleifriaf:

Oh man! The plastic cracked here, and the metal piece came swinging around 180 degrees. Any advice? This is after just a few hundred games on an LE.
[quoted image]

This is a known issue. You need to get a larger protector from passionforpinball.com and request a new ramp from Stern.

#6255 1 year ago

Alternative is to make sure (before your ramp breaks), that the protector is pushed flush against the ramp.

And if was me and I was waiting on Cliff, I would remove the top screw of that protector and maybe use some double sided tape to hold it to the ramp.

1 week later
#6377 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I got the mando scoop light from Mezel but my tech is unsure where the actual light for the scoop goes when you tilt the playfield up??
Can anyone tell me where the actual light is supposed to be mounted?

No instructions?

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410278982547

#6397 1 year ago

I noticed today my right flipper is a little lower than my left flipper. Didn't feel like messing with it today, but I'm going to adjust it upwards. I looked through the images in this thread and there is a huge variation (relatively speaking) in how the flippers are aligned in regards to the holes. I wonder if this is a big reason why that shot can be so hard to hit (backhanding right ramp). I think at least a few people said that raising the flipper up helped with the shot? The hole is lined up with the top of the bat on my right flipper currently. Too low I think.

Yes. Raising that flipper up will make backhands easier.

#6440 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

This is excellent to know thank you for this info ; I will do this next time I play the game …
Where is the setting for ejector power ?

Under the game adjustments. Has a Mando logo on it.

#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So i let the machine sit for a while. I played a game and the upper left flipper worked about 90%. I did nothing but let it sit. Maybe a bad plunger stop or coil sleeve when it gets hot? It's kinda confusing

I suggest rebuilding that flipper.

#6491 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My upper playfield stopped working and lights flickered. Node board 9 is not responding. Works one minute and out the next. I have checked the connections on the board but can’t figure it out. Any thoughts?

There’s an intermittent short somewhere most likely. Hard to locate unless you can get the game to tell you where the short is by running the node test.

#6498 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Upon startup it says node 9 over current? Also, right side of playfield is unlit.

Quoted from hiker2099:

OK update. I figured out that the overcurrent is in the white G.I. on the right side of the plate field. After looking at other post on pinside, it looks like I either have a bad bulb or we’ll have to figure out where the socket is doing something funky. I’ll get back to y’all thanks .

Yes. Remove all the GI from that right side. Add them back one by one until the over current error comes back. Then you’ll know what’s the bad one.

3 weeks later
#6637 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am kinda wondering as new seasons of the mandalorian come out would it be possible to add new video scenes from the new seasons into the game down the line?

This has never happened and never will imo.

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I would suggest "never will for free". Surely Stern knows this hobby will pay them for future seasons added if they add a web store.

It’s not that simple. They would have to get back with the licensor to get the approval and then pay for it. Who knows how hard or costly that would be.

4 months later
#7293 10 months ago

Anyone have an extra left ramp protector for a premium? Heard cliffy is way backed up and I’m getting a premium soon. Thanks!

1 week later
#7334 9 months ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

What would be a decent score for this pin? Today I made it to 12.9 billion; is that a fair score?

You probably have a switch issue. That score is kind of impossible.

#7337 9 months ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

That could certainly be a reason, but this high score has only happened once. Oh well ... I'm enjoying it.

Check the switch in the pops. It’s behind a rubber right below the pops and behind the foundry scoop.

1 month later
#7427 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballlarry1:

Aha, that makes more sense than keeping them stacked on the ramp. So does the gate hang down and swing freely when a ball passes by but energize to lock in the down position.?

Yes.

1 week later
#7445 8 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I used to be able to backhand the right ramp but can't anymore. Why? No idea. I don't mind not being able to, honestly. I like how the game plays. It's a careful touch shot from the left flipper, but can be done on the fly.

Wear on the flipper. It’s such a tight shot. Any tiny variation in power or mechanical alignment and it will be off.

1 week later
#7476 7 months ago
Quoted from AweHellYeah:

Thanks. Would they typically go back an update an older game? I feel like an update for Mando could be great.

Pretty rare that it happens. But it has happened in the past.

2 weeks later
#7507 7 months ago

Didn’t see this in the key posts, any right ramp roof protection needed? I’ve seen these break on location. Any options out there?

#7511 6 months ago

In!!

Question on the magnet timing settings on the premium. What’s the best settings to keep the ball in the top lanes and not have the ball go out the right orbit?

Thanks!

IMG_9583 (resized).jpegIMG_9583 (resized).jpeg
#7513 6 months ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

For me, it's not so much the magnet timing. I nudge a bit while the ball is in the magnet until it's released, and that has a tendency to keep it in the lane area most of the time.

Rather it stay there on its own. I’ll mess with the settings and report back if I get the issue licked.

#7517 6 months ago

Just need the magnet to do a little flick and done. Not like 5-6 of them. Might even disable the magnet if I can’t get it.

#7519 6 months ago

Silicone will shred on high traffic posts in no time. Super bands will never wear on posts. Neither will the stock stern post rubbers.

#7521 6 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

really...the stock stern ones, I've had stern flipper rubbers start to get worn after 100 plays in GZ, think I'll give super bands a try....

I’ve never replaced a stern stock post rubber in 10 years of collecting.

#7522 6 months ago

Post sleeves that is. The round little ones will get shredded like that guard the target between side ramp and left ramp on Star Trek.

Super bands will never break. And you’ll never get them off either without having to cut them off. Those small post rings and sleeves are impossible to get off with super bands.

#7528 6 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

you've definitely got me thinking about putting originals back in for awhile, will have open tonight working on Grogu mod....

I will say though, with how close these post sleeves are to the flippers, I can see post sleeves wearing quickly with silicone or regular.

Super bands won’t wear, but also seem to introduce horrible airballs which is no bueno.

1 week later
#7538 6 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

long time ago i didnt play Mando...
tonight a friend did get his pin back from another friend, and we had this 2 houres battle
finally beat THIS IS THE WAY
have to be said, pin was set on 5 balls, beat it on ball 4, that's the advantage key
on the other hand & the negative side, i get 3 times (ball 1, 2 and 3) the RAZOR CREST staying OFF (than have to go to next ball to get it back ON), same with ENCOUNTERS on my second run, it was locked up and stay as it until the end of the game
ball 1 was very good, fully completing MODES & ENCOUNTERS
pity about these bugs than... Dwight, please...
[quoted image]

Send an email to the bug report email in detail of what and when these bugs occur so they can fix them.

#7540 6 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Chuck,
Dwight already know about them, as he read & replied to some of my earlier feedback here

Oh. You made it seem like you just noticed this bug.

2 weeks later
#7553 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Hi I’m having an issue with my mando with the ball getting stuck towards the back of the game on launch ; it seems to want to rest on that metal slide piece on the way back of game ; a strong nudge frees the ball but it’s annoying … here are pics does anyone have any ideas about this ?
Two pics one showing where it’s getting stuck and one without the ball…
Appreciate it

Double check your balls are not magnetized.

1 month later
#7570 4 months ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

I’m getting a tech alert on node board 9. Overcurrent protection. Now I have no power to lights on back panel. Everything plugged in to node board. No mods wired up, other than shaker motor. Just got the game yesterday and the back panel lights worked last night. Not sure what to look for. Thanks
[quoted image]

Go into the diagnostics menus and the node board test menu and run it. Go to node 9. Should tell you exactly what is causing the overcurrent issue.

Or press select on this screen like it says.

#7572 4 months ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

I tried that. Tells me to press select and nothing happens. Button does work.

Please post a video of you going through the menus to get to the node board test menu. The modes that are okay will do nothing when you press the select button on them. The one with overcurrent will tell you where the overcurrent is coming from.

Your video has to be recorded to YT and a link posted here to work.

#7575 4 months ago

The GI on your back panel is causing the overcurrent. You need to check all the bulbs and sockets on the back panel.

I would take all the bulbs out and see the over current warning goes away. Then add them back one by one testing in between.

#7591 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I have a question.
I hope somebody could help me about
feature adjustment 31 says multiple always enabled,
and the default is set to no.
I can change it to yes, but what does it do and how does it affect multi ball?
What do you recommend? Thank you

I assume it toggles whether you have to play a hunter mode in between each razor crest MB or not.

#7597 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So do I want this setting on or off by default ?
So basically I play a multi ball then if it’s on I have to complete Hunter before qualifying another multi ball or the other way around?

Default is this yes.

#7604 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Quick simple question when using flamethrower, do you have to push it once or you have to hold it down in order to use it?I’m hoping you just have to press it once and not hold it because that would tie up one hand

You have to hold it. It then spreads across all shots. If you let go, it will stop short. Practice with it at the very start of a game to get used to how it behaves.

1 week later
#7638 4 months ago

I would like to get a light saber to display above the game and turn on when the game is on. Anyone tried this or know how to pull this off?

Thanks!

#7641 4 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

yes find a light saber toy with a hollow plastic "sabre" (they are probably all hollow) open it up and put a LED strip in there.
if you get one with a a USB power you probably can plug it into the mainboards USB, if not then its just a matter of cutting the power adapter and wiring to an apporpraite power terminal
that said I think I think there's a standard AC plug in the backbox but I could be wrong, if it has one just plug it into the power.

Yes. The AC plug is in the head. I guess I’ll have to wait until I get my saber made at Disney and see how it gets its power. But I assume all these sabers if you cut the power to them, they just turn off. And when power is restored, you’d have to toggle the power switch on the saber again. Looking to skip that step.

We shall see.

#7644 4 months ago
Quoted from Buglous02:

Did you ever find some? I’m getting an LE and sent an email to Cliffy. Hopefully can still get them!

He was able to get these to me asap. Good luck!

#7646 4 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

What is the issue otherwise? Which ramp?

The left ramp. The stock metal central protectors are not long enough. They eventually break the plastic ramp at the attachment point.

4 weeks later
#7687 3 months ago

Turning sling power down can create perfect lobs to the outlanes. I recommend jacking the power way up so it throw the balls into the hunter and multipler targets.

#7693 3 months ago

Haha. The bugs have been reported already. Dwight’s on it.

#7695 3 months ago

Still gots a really really old one on Star Wars. 2 balls in shooter lane at start of Tie Fighter multiball.

Never seen that. Sure it’s a bug and has it been reported with the exact circumstances that cause it?

#7697 3 months ago

Oh. That’s a non issue. Extremely minor imo.

1 week later
#7714 85 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Still a little confused about flamethrower it says if you hold the button down it would light all the shots from left to right of playfield but if you release the button you can still collect the shots that have been lit. Is that correct?
Releasing the button, doesn’t light all the shots available for the award…

Goes right to left. Once you let go, it stops so hold it until all the shots are on fire. If you stop short, you’ll only get 2x for the shots that are lit.

4 weeks later
#7738 57 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Question about the Premium Mini Playfield moving head. We recently had to remove it using the key post that someone loaded here. A wire had come detached at the solder joint for one of the flippers. With that fixed, it went back together easily.
However, Now during game play, occasionally it does this little up and down dance like it is looking for home. Eventually it will stop after rotating several times. If you lock a ball up the ramp, it behaves normally. Then once the ball is drained back onto the main PF, a few minutes later it will do that dance again.
Has anyone else experienced this and what is the fix. I tried searching but it only gave me the 33 Key Posts, and none of them seem to address this issue. I am wondering if it could be an opto or another loose wire problem.
Thanks

Make sure the wires are securely seated in the connector to the helmet playfield board under the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.