IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 156.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Is anyone else getting a lot of rejections from the scoop/foundry shot? I think about half of my direct shots in there from the right flipper bounce out.

Small piece of this on the scoop should help. I usually make a easy back hand shot into it but ill try hitting it with right flipper more and see if it rejects alot on me and test some felt there if it does and report back for you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01455QMX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#502 2 years ago

0.97 code is out.

#503 2 years ago

Does anyone have the issue where the menu buttons in the coin door need to be pressed as hard as possible to get them to work?

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Does anyone have the issue where the menu buttons in the coin door need to be pressed as hard as possible to get them to work?

Yes.

#505 2 years ago

Just got my LE! Super fun but already had to glue that big flasher in front of grogu in as it came out.

The only other issue I'm having is the encounter ramp is rejecting almost all of the shots. Any ideas?

#506 2 years ago

Going to update code now... I did some high speed recordings of the orbit and post behavior on 0.96 - hold the left flipper will appropriately keep the post down on plunge for super skill shot. Sometimes the plunge will cause the ball to roll back in the orbit due to the post.

Most issues with the post occur with shots to the right orbit. In the cases I recorded, child is not lit, hitting the orbit rollover causes the orbit post to raise and depending on how tight the ball is hugging the guide, it will bounce back down the right orbit. I am not sure why the post is going up on right orbit rollover without child being lit. (New game code references fix for child being lit when it shouldn't be)

Too bad pinside won't allow MP4 to be uploaded. Maybe I will convert tot gif if I have time later.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I noticed mine are like that too.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Going to update code now... I did some high speed recordings of the orbit and post behavior on 0.96 - hold the left flipper will appropriately keep the post down on plunge for super skill shot. Sometimes the plunge will cause the ball to roll back in the orbit due to the post.
Most issues with the post occur with shots to the right orbit. In the cases I recorded, child is not lit, hitting the orbit rollover causes the orbit post to raise and depending on how tight the ball is hugging the guide, it will bounce back down the right orbit. I am not sure why the post is going up on right orbit rollover without child being lit. (New game code references fix for child being lit when it shouldn't be)
Too bad pinside won't allow MP4 to be uploaded. Maybe I will convert tot gif if I have time later.

Just upload it to YouTube and post a link.

#509 2 years ago

Hey Guys new Owner here. What is the approiate pitch on this title? I'm at 7.5 and i struggle sometime making the ramps.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Hey Guys new Owner here. What is the approiate pitch on this title? I'm at 7.5 and i struggle sometime making the ramps.

I run mine at 7 right now. Was hoping a stern designer would come out and say what they think the ideal pitch is for this particular game.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Is anyone else getting a lot of rejections from the scoop/foundry shot? I think about half of my direct shots in there from the right flipper bounce out.

That's a feature, not a bug. They all play that way. Shot is much easier (and safer) with a backhand shot from the left flipper. Preferably with a cradled ball. It's obviously your choice to make modifications, but don't feel your game is broke. It's not. Up your backhand game.

Post pass from right to left isn't easy on the pro I play, but it is doable.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I run mine at 7 right now. Was hoping a stern designer would come out and say what they think the ideal pitch is for this particular game.

Stern Manual page 5 says 6.5 recommended pitch. Like everything pinball, pitch is really up to the owner and what the owner prefers.

We set up most of our games at 7. Out lanes full open.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

7.5 is too much on most every game. 7.5 on this game, with that steep left ramp, is insane. You better be struggling with that ramp.

As others suggested, start at 6.5. 6.5 degrees has been the standard for about 30 years.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

As others suggested, start at 6.5. 6.5 degrees has been the standard for about 30 years.

Also, pitch is only measured between the flippers. Check side to side level wherever you can on the playfield, but pitch only between the flippers. If you were making that left ramp at all, I'm wondering where you were measuring.

#516 2 years ago

Does anyone have their machine only show co-op high scores in attract mode? Ever since we played our first co-op game it only shows these scores now and never any of the single player high scores. I was hoping the code update would fix this but it still persists with the new update.

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Does anyone have their machine only show co-op high scores in attract mode? Ever since we played our first co-op game it only shows these scores now and never any of the single player high scores. I was hoping the code update would fix this but it still persists with the new update.

Hi, did you sent an email to Stern concerning this?

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hi, did you sent an email to Stern concerning this?

no, I have not. Should I? Where would I send it to?

#519 2 years ago

Updated code fixed the right orbit issue. Smooth as butter now (when child is not lit). Still getting rejects just as frequently with child lit on the right orbit but that's okay - the flow on this game is so freaking smooth (don't read that as too easy) once you get in the groove.

First game after new code: Super skill shot, hit all shots and finish with a shot hits right orbit, left flipper to right orbit again, left flipper hits the razor crest to start a razor crest multiball and the last shot coming down the left orbit to feed the U-turn scoop then feeds the left flipper then shot hits the right ramp to feed the right flipper then shot hits the left ramp to mini playfield - all the while not a single launched ball made it to my flippers yet. It was that fast.

With how happy we are with gameplay, Stern is going to have a VERY tough time matching, let alone topping, this machine. It is THAT GOOD.

Well done.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

That's a feature, not a bug. They all play that way. Shot is much easier (and safer) with a backhand shot from the left flipper. Preferably with a cradled ball. It's obviously your choice to make modifications, but don't feel your game is broke. It's not. Up your backhand game.
Post pass from right to left isn't easy on the pro I play, but it is doable.

Can you provide any evidence that this ramp rejection is a feature? I cannot see putting effort into engineering this. Or why reward should be removed because the shot is made in a more traditional fashion.

I can however see energy control problems surfacing post production. I also believe the tack welding in this deflection area has been failing in an extremely premature manner. Yet more evidence that excess energy is not being managed properly.

#521 2 years ago

Started installing a full set of titan rubbers into my pro. The rubber under grogu has me a bit perplexed, I can’t figure out how to get him out to get to that rubber. Don’t see any screws holding him down, so I’m a bit stuck on how to get him out to get to this rubber. Didn’t see anything in the manual either on removal. Has anyone figured out how to get to this rubber yet?

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Can you provide any evidence that this ramp rejection is a feature? I cannot see putting effort into engineering this. Or why reward should be removed because the shot is made in a more traditional fashion.
I can however see energy control problems surfacing post production. I also believe the tack welding in this deflection area has been failing in an extremely premature manner. Yet more evidence that excess energy is not being managed properly.

They are talking about the foundry scoop. And scoop rejects are not a feature. Haha.

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Started installing a full set of titan rubbers into my pro. The rubber under grogu has me a bit perplexed, I can’t figure out how to get him out to get to that rubber. Don’t see any screws holding him down, so I’m a bit stuck on how to get him out to get to this rubber. Didn’t see anything in the manual either on removal. Has anyone figured out how to get to this rubber yet?

Can you post some pictures when you have him removed. I'm curious as to how much space is behind him as well as how he mounts.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are talking about the foundry scoop. And scoop rejects are not a feature. Haha.

Yeah I get rejects on the foundry scoop too. Direct shots from the right flipper. Definitely not a “feature”! Lol!

#525 2 years ago

Where do I report bugs to stern? Found one in the new code. Ice spider multiball. Had two ball remaining. One ball was loading into the upper playfield. Drained the other ball. Ball left the upper playfield and then the left orbit was lit and everything else was dark. Regular music was playing. The game appeared to be stuck in ice spider multiball or something. Odd deal.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Where do I report bugs to stern?

Pop the details in an email and send it to: [email protected]

If you're able to reproduce it with clear steps or have video of it happening, it will help Dwight & team track it down easier also.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Just got my LE! Super fun but already had to glue that big flasher in front of grogu in as it came out.
The only other issue I'm having is the encounter ramp is rejecting almost all of the shots. Any ideas?

Had the same issue from that bulb, I didn’t glue it I was just hoping the guard on the bottom of it was not set right at the factory so popped it back in. If it flys out again I’ll give that a try, just curious what kind of glue are you using?

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lol ok totally missed that. The foundry is a totally easy backhand shot. But yeah regardless I’m not a believer of engineered shot rejections obviously but thanks for clearing that up…

#529 2 years ago

Anyone making a longer metal piece? My ramp cracked on le on game two out of box. Not cool.

8D42A3E9-C676-4EA9-B3B4-E998BC9E3FEE (resized).jpeg8D42A3E9-C676-4EA9-B3B4-E998BC9E3FEE (resized).jpeg
#530 2 years ago

It survived the shipping to Denmark
Link to Mando LE unboxing video:

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

I figured this out, when you have a TOPS tournament running, the bug will be present, when you turn off the TOPS tournament, all high scores will show. I have sent a message to [email protected]

#532 2 years ago

Anyone else with an LE getting their ass kicked by that upper playfield. Man I thought it was going to be easy. It is tough! I have yet to get through one entire encounter.

Am I understanding this correctly? To get to the encounter mini wizard mode, you need to complete three entire encounters. Each encounter includes 3 different levels? That's seems crazy tough to get to. Seems harder than getting to the missions and razor crest mini wizard modes. Maybe a bit out of balance.

Also, I have only ever seen the "protect the child" encounter. I really wish they would randomize the encounters like they do the razor crest multiballs and missions. Is there a setting to randomize those, so I can see the other encounters?

#533 2 years ago

Encounters are definitely going to be the roadblock for the final wizard mode. Maybe concentrate on those first.

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone else with an LE getting their ass kicked by that upper playfield. Man I thought it was going to be easy. It is tough! I have yet to get through one entire encounter.
Am I understanding this correctly? To get to the encounter mini wizard mode, you need to complete three entire encounters. Each encounter includes 3 different levels? That's seems crazy tough to get to. Seems harder than getting to the missions and razor crest mini wizard modes. Maybe a bit out of balance.
Also, I have only ever seen the "protect the child" encounter. I really wish they would randomize the encounters like they do the razor crest multiballs and missions. Is there a setting to randomize those, so I can see the other encounters?

Ive gotten through the first 3 completely until timed out a few times and started the second tier of them with the 4th encounter a few times now. Ive gotten pretty decent at keeping the ball up there. I love the multiball that uses the upper mini, I shoot it up there first to get add a ball. Only thing i think is the points need to be higher for the entire encounters part of game.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone making a longer metal piece? My ramp cracked on le on game two out of box. Not cool.
[quoted image]

A friend of mine had the same issue on his pro.

1ACF0D0B-5430-43DA-BEE9-74F3FB452781 (resized).jpeg1ACF0D0B-5430-43DA-BEE9-74F3FB452781 (resized).jpeg
#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

A friend of mine had the same issue on his pro.
[quoted image]

This is an issue that's come up for a number of owners, sounds like a design flaw or it may just be that those guides are just too tight from the factory. Seems like it needs a little wiggle room, adding a rubber grommet between the ramp and guide might be a simple fix.
It obviously won't fix an already broken ramp but might help as a preventative right out of the box.

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This is an issue that's come up for a number of owners, sounds like a design flaw or it may just be that those guides are just too tight from the factory. Seems like it needs a little wiggle room, adding a rubber grommet between the ramp and guide might be a simple fix.

Looks to me like the flange is too small vs the screw size and the protector could have been longer to avoid having the mount point still in the line of fire from the flipper. Longer cliffys maybe the answer in the future.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And scoop rejects are not a feature. Haha.

I was using a figure of speech when I called it a feature, but if it's a 50/50 shot on most every game, it kind of is a feature.

It easily the most valuable shot in the game. It's low on the playfield, starts missions, collects EB's, allows access to the foundry, starts the wizard mode and is lit for mode shots and jackpots during MB. If you make it easy from both flippers, it will unbalance the game.

My favorite shot like this is the Charlie shot on TRS. Nearly impossible from the natural right flipper, smooth as butter (and very cool looking) from a backhand shot.

#539 2 years ago

Regarding the foundry shot rejects. Had anyone found a fix for this? Bending the scoop? Putting some drop dead foam in there? Anything?

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Regarding the foundry shot rejects. Had anyone found a fix for this? Bending the scoop? Putting some drop dead foam in there? Anything?

What do you have your right flipper power set at? I might have 1 out of 10 rejects at 245 from right flipper but back hand always sticks.

Willams Indy takes the win for most rejects on scoop that ive played. Ended up taking the scoop off to make it stick more.

#541 2 years ago

I have not lowered the power, nor do I intend to. If I did that, I may have trouble backhanding the right side up/down scoop ramp. Can you still backhand that shot after lowering the power?

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have not lowered the power, nor do I intend to. If I did that, I may have trouble backhanding the right side up/down scoop ramp. Can you still backhand that shot after lowering the power?

Yep can backhand the right ramp and the 180 ramp easy with it at 245 no problem. Its really barely noticeable just helps with the diverter rejects that i barely ever get anymore with alot of tuning.

#543 2 years ago

Interesting. Well, maybe I'll give it a go. I didn't know backhanding the right ramp was possible. I'll have to give that a shot too!

#544 2 years ago

Kenner’s “The Child” with a rusty pinball, for scale. The carrier/pram is actually pretty detailed as well. Should be pretty easy to squeeze in somewhere for a little more flavor… though I guess having a giant-ass Grogu and a tiny one might be a little weird…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HBWCJH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

7CA3EDD8-86DD-4E46-8D4C-A7ECB39E51D1 (resized).jpeg7CA3EDD8-86DD-4E46-8D4C-A7ECB39E51D1 (resized).jpeg
#545 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Interesting. Well, maybe I'll give it a go. I didn't know backhanding the right ramp was possible. I'll have to give that a shot too!

Yeah its easy backhand too once you get it down. Its short up on the flipper to hit it right. I just backhanded the right orbit from right flipper with a decent rollout on flipper. Seems every shot on the machine is backhandable with the left orbit being the hardest for me to backhand.

#546 2 years ago

Now that LEs are in hand... how about some nice close-up shots of the wireform attach points. Loganpinball is making sets, but would help for posterity if we had some good images of Stern's ramps and how well they are secured or not at the ramp transitions. The pro's returns can slide around a good bit.. curious how tight the wire rod mount is in comparison.

#547 2 years ago

Well I bent the scoop back (still rejects about 20%) and leveled it at 6.65. Read the official scoring rules and got my best score. Played Precious Cargo and I Like those odds wizard modes. First time ever reaching a wizard mode on Mando. Such a fast punishing game. Love it

D4055A92-C1DD-4CED-84E7-9A7BE12459B1 (resized).jpegD4055A92-C1DD-4CED-84E7-9A7BE12459B1 (resized).jpeg
#548 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Can you post some pictures when you have him removed. I'm curious as to how much space is behind him as well as how he mounts.

Two screws in the very back, got Grogu out. Here’s a pic with him removed.

Got all my Titans on now, boy oh boy - getting to some of those rings was a bit of a process.

6AE24940-2418-42FD-9657-B731C68B69EE (resized).jpeg6AE24940-2418-42FD-9657-B731C68B69EE (resized).jpeg
#549 2 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

The JB weld lasted 8 plays. I now have it zip tied. Its surprisingly solid, and the ball still flows to the staging area fine. Hopefully this will last longer...
I didn't get a good pic of the zip ties on the diverter out of the machine, but here it is installed:[quoted image]

I received my replacement diverter from stern today. It took just over a week to get it. It looks to be the same welds as the one that broke. Hopefully they make stronger welds in the future. I think I will just stick with my zip tie solution for now, as it seems to be working well and is getting plenty of plays on location.

20210714_191529 (resized).jpg20210714_191529 (resized).jpg
#550 2 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

If you make it easy from both flippers, it will unbalance the game.

Ok this is an explanation I can get behind. Thanks for the clarity…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
Toppers
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.