IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5292 1 year ago

I finally got a chance to put some time in on a Mando Pro at my local distributor. I walked away surprised this it isn't rated better than it is. The music and video assets are killer, and feel wise I thought it shot really well. Even without the magnet, tilting mini playfield, and extra scoop shot it feels like a pretty full featured game at the pro level. I guess I don't understand the hate in the ratings about game, especially the art and plastic ramps. Full disclosure, I'm 6'4" so I didn't have issues with the ramps blocking my views or seeing the upper playfield.

#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I guess the difference with mando is because the shots are so close, if you brick it, you’ve lost control and there’s a good chance it winds up in the outlanes. Forget going for the targets on the right and left. With Metallica and twd, there’s more chance to nudge and regain control. I find mando to be brutal, frustrating and sometimes not so fun. But, when you do have that great game, it is rewarding.

I guess I measure brutal against the TMNT Pro I used to own as my first Stern. Mando seems much more forgiving by comparison.

#5343 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Can someone share a picture of the ribbing? Interested to make sure I know what people are referring to. Thanks.

I have a decent picture of some ribbing on my DP. I got it used on a decent deal. Can’t complain because it still plays great and you don’t really notice from most angles with the glass on.

BDEA02CE-B54A-433D-BF0C-AACB7B7955ED (resized).jpegBDEA02CE-B54A-433D-BF0C-AACB7B7955ED (resized).jpeg
Notice from another shot you don’t really see it as much

2884E26D-E7B1-4DDA-8937-1BAD1BA37EF2 (resized).jpeg2884E26D-E7B1-4DDA-8937-1BAD1BA37EF2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5379 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s 100% Disney approvals. Takes forever to get them to approve something.
Supply chains are still strained too. Combination of both is the way.

It’s also that toppers use node boards. Those suffer supply chain issues often. From the hdmi grabs other have shown on here, these toppers might be trying to use a projection or screen effect of some kind which could also be setting it back.

#5392 1 year ago

In the club with a new to me pro. Got it all cleaned up but it needs some tweaking. It’s not shooting as nice as the one in the shop and I’m getting a ton of rejects from the encounter ramp.8CD86DC6-63F3-4DAC-A859-6864DF145EEC (resized).jpeg8CD86DC6-63F3-4DAC-A859-6864DF145EEC (resized).jpeg

245FE02A-843C-4E36-8C17-F006CF8AEE92 (resized).jpeg245FE02A-843C-4E36-8C17-F006CF8AEE92 (resized).jpeg
#5395 1 year ago

I played around made some changes. Now I can backhand and forehand the encounter ramp.

#5397 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

what you did? indeed, my also play harder than the one i played in location

There were a few things that I played with.

First thing was trying to adjust the encounter ramp front screws to ensure the spring steel at the front lays perfectly flat. I’m waiting to hear back from Cliffy on getting new ramp protectors as I suspect the stock Stern ramp protectors are the source of much of the issue. They don’t fit or follow the ramp contour very well and are a poor design.

For the right ramp I loosened the nut under the playfield securing the front of the ramp down to the playfield to adjust the angle of the front spring steel. I am getting less air balls and rejects on that ramp after.

Last thing that I found on my machine is that the cabinet switches for the flippers were gapped far too tight, and I think it might have thrown off my aim slightly by causing me to flip a tad early. I compared it to my DP and AIQ set up on either side of my and saw the leaf switches have about a 1/16” gap, where my Mando had about half that so it was flipping with a very light touch. Micro flips and stage flipping were very difficult how it was set up.

I’m sure that part of the difference in how my machine plays also comes from the fact that I just stripped down the playfield, cleaned it with novus 2 to get out some of the ball trails and light scratches, and carnauba waxed it (Meguirer’s Gold) so it is certainly playing fast. I also added fresh Titan silicone rubbers which when new add significantly more spin on the ball which can throw off your shots for a little bit.

#5404 1 year ago

There is a glut of them in inventory right now which is holding the price down. If you can hold out for the next season of Mando they'll climb in popularity again, especially if there is a code update

1 week later
#5491 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That was more of a bandaid for my Mando. The ultimate fix was a MRS.

Interesting. Did you write that up anywhere?

#5500 1 year ago

I thought you guys were a bunch of whiners going on about the plastic ramps on the pro. I hate to admit it, but you were right. I put on the wire form ramps and it makes the horse shoe ramp a ton easier to see and hit.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from MutagenMan:

I'm sure this has been asked, but don't feel like reading through a bunch of pages. I'm getting a Mando pro here in a week and I want to know what are potential problems from the start or what to be on the lookout for. Example are just minor tweaks through settings or adding hardware. Like the ball gets caught here, so add this or tweak this bracket alittle. Definitely curious about flipper power on the upper playfield, seems like it could be toned down, maybe not.

Order enounter ramp protectors from cliffy asap since he is running 5-6 weeks behind. Also, use search rather than repeating the same questions. The true value of the forums is all the recorded knowledge on here.

#5519 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

So, hey, I asked earlier, but no answer. Is there a recommended way to convert the premium apron to non Stern Connected? With the pic of Mando on the right side as in the brochure?

Are you trying to relocate the QR code reader? There are a bunch of threads on that.

#5525 1 year ago

I'm really enjoying this game, but I have one small bone to pick with it.

Why does this game insist on turning off all the GI for effect when the ball is still in play? I like having my pins in a dark room, and when it hits the child mystery and the ball has dropped into the lower playfield with all the GI still off, it's super frustrating. I feel like TMNT used to do similar dumb things turning off the GI when the ball is still in play. There should be a universal 'dark room' setting for Stern games

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't care at all about the feature and don't particularly enjoy staring at this white rectangle. I would rather have something like what is on the left side of the apron without having to spend a bunch of money on new parts.

I have a Pro without Insider Connected. Perhaps we could work out a trade if you like.

#5581 1 year ago

Maybe it’s my imagination but the child award seems to turn the GI back on much faster since the update.

#5599 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Wow man isn’t that being a bit too harsh on Mando…this game is far from a turd IMHO. What’s so horrible about it to you, the coding or the shot layout or maybe both?

I really enjoy this game *BUT* I think of all my games (DP, AIQ, GOTG, JDJP), this has the least enjoyable multiball experience due to the layout of the shots being tight and up close. It just plays much better on single ball.

Quoted from dri:

Pro is the way to go on this game with the homemade wireforms. Too bad the LE looks so much better and I look at my games more than I play them these days anyway... so, play better I guess.

I'm not a big mods guy, but wire forms on the Pro make the whole right side easier to see and play.

I personally prefer the upper playfield layout on the pro. I think it's easier to get skilled at that single flipper layout and the nudging required that I have a good shot at completing each encounter in a single trip. I think it is the odd example of a Pro that has an element that plays easier than an Prem/LE.

I think this game looks great at all levels, and has some of the best assets, call outs, and sound of any of Stern's games

#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from FLEJR:

New to the club having picked up my Mando Pro last Friday. It's our first pin, and the family and I are really enjoying it. Unfortunately, my son noted that the right slingshot didn't fire. Ran diagnostics and the switch worked. Flipped up the playfield and found this diode. I have a call in to Marco who I bought it from now. Worst part may be that I realize the game is going to be harder after it's fixed...
[quoted image]

Just to be certain (I know you said this is your first pin) you want a coil, and not a diode. The coil wrapper actually says "No Diode".

Have you tested the coil to make sure it isn't still good? It looks like there might just be a bad solder joint on one of the lugs.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5642 1 year ago
Quoted from FLEJR:

Thanks for that! Your assumption that I’m a bit clueless was accurate (joking). So after a search and a bit of getting internet smart, it does seem the coil is bad (having compared to the left). No resistance on the multimeter on the right with power off.
Just made a donation earlier today and already getting payback! Thanks again. Frankly a little troubleshooting with my son who is interested in engineering has been fun. Marco has been in touch and I’m confident we will get it squared away.

Fantastic! Working on pins is actually a lot of fun, and I get the itch to buy a fixer upper when I have a line up of reliable pins. Glad you and your son were able to test it out.

#5676 1 year ago

I fixed my issue where the ball would fall off my wire form ramps on my pro. I added 2 extra small rubber feet to the plastic ramp before it gets to the wire form. No more ball flying off any more.

Managed to put up a 1.5 billy while testing.

76673C90-32E3-466C-929A-F400F4F564EC (resized).jpeg76673C90-32E3-466C-929A-F400F4F564EC (resized).jpegB3C0003F-5ADC-4896-B9E0-F0FB9E549693 (resized).jpegB3C0003F-5ADC-4896-B9E0-F0FB9E549693 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5707 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Got anyone mirrorblades in this pin and could post a pic? I am thinking about adding them or some artblades and still not sure which one it will be.

I prefer art blades on all modern Sterns.

I go mirrors on 90s and earlier pins.

16B33A16-FF92-4981-B8DC-4561BCD76BD0 (resized).jpeg16B33A16-FF92-4981-B8DC-4561BCD76BD0 (resized).jpeg9C73FE67-C547-448B-B607-5C809E22E3E0 (resized).jpeg9C73FE67-C547-448B-B607-5C809E22E3E0 (resized).jpegE419048C-E00F-45C0-8537-743EE407721A (resized).jpegE419048C-E00F-45C0-8537-743EE407721A (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5720 1 year ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Call Marshall at Little Shop of Games, he always has them on hand. Lucky for me it's a 10min drive!
https://littleshopofgames.com/

Marshall is the man. I highly recommend him. I also live 10 mins from LSOG

#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I kinda like to think of myself as being pretty good at pinball. Played hundreds of machines for the last 50 plus years.
Then I see scores like this and I feel like a novice. Well done, Sir. I've barely broke 300,000,000 on mine.
(Side note...I wish Stern would have sprung for a second flipper on the upper playfield on the pro.)

Having played both, I kinda like the single flipper better. I’m not good enough to stage flip effectively with both flippers at the same time with the amount of action you need on the 2 flipper upper playfield. I also like that some skilled nudges are part of the game play when in the upper playfield to keep the ball in play.

#5729 1 year ago
Quoted from BWelch:

I wasn't hot on the Stern blades until I put them in, flawless color matching and extension of the game art. The mirrors do look great!

That’s why I like Stern art blades. The material is really nice and they extend the world of the playfield art

#5738 1 year ago

Another view.
[quoted image]

I'm going to need you to call on some MSPaint skills to draw an arrow of that we should be looking at.

#5746 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the picture update! Now I understand what you were asking about. Like others said. Totally normal. Same thing on my GOTG and AIQ

4255A431-260D-4FCE-B694-9A3244874282 (resized).jpeg4255A431-260D-4FCE-B694-9A3244874282 (resized).jpeg966B2666-3147-419A-B5C7-A98F9E37344A (resized).jpeg966B2666-3147-419A-B5C7-A98F9E37344A (resized).jpegB33881DA-ECAA-4A51-9B9A-D7CB350C4DA8 (resized).jpegB33881DA-ECAA-4A51-9B9A-D7CB350C4DA8 (resized).jpeg
#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Which then made it a little challenging to buy stuff at the foundry

200 (1).gif200 (1).gif
#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from FLEJR:

Secondly, "at the top" of the drive or "at the root level" means NO folder structure. When you open the USB the only thing on it should be the 2 files, no folders at all.
Good luck.

To clarify, it can have folders, but the update files must be at root level, not in a folder.

1 week later
#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Agreed. It’s post city 9 inches from the flippers.

It's what makes it a fun shooter but makes it my least favorite multiball. You can't just slap balls away and hope to make lucky shots

3 weeks later
#5910 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Debating on trading my cactus canyon SE for a premium Mando because my wife has a hard time seeing the ball when the GI goes all red like when battling bionic Bart. Just would like some opinions from here if possible.
I love CCR, but also love the theme of Mando but have only played 2 games on a Mando and had no idea what to do.
Thank you

Yeah.. so in certain modes, Mando goes all red too…

#5944 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Backhanding right ramp is super easy if you let the ball roll down the right flipper and bam hit it 80 to 90% of the time

Your mileage may vary…

I’ve played a few out in the wild and have a pro at home. There are some machines you can backhand that right ramp on, and some you can’t (easily). ABE_FLIPS mentioned the same thing previously. I would list backhanding the right ramp as semi-doable.

Backhanding the left scoop is super easy.

I’ll defend the tougher shooter brand on this title. A lot of the shots are close and tight, so failed shots tend to rebound back very quickly. The slings at factory settings are very lively. The geometry is set up to make post passing difficult which makes setting up shots tougher.

#5956 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

A fix I heard about some time ago is changing the right sling bottom star post to a standard thinner post Stern use to install there. It opens up the right ramp shot much more, for easier backhanding.

I wonder if that makes post passes easier. I know it wasn't the designers intent, but sometimes the difference between a pin staying and leaving is appeasing the players (a.k.a. my wife).

That said I remember Jack Danger saying on a stream that sometimes you can loosen and nudge a star post ever so lightly, and it will change up the geometry enough to fix certain things.

I remember that post awhile back. I'd feel like I was cheating...I like to leave most things factory.

I get that too, but then I remember that not everyone who comes over to play is at my skill level (not that I'm that good) so I need to sometimes make some changes to keep things fun for them.

#5960 1 year ago

Just checked. Beatles, Mando, 007, and all 4 Elwin pins have star posts. That's 7 of the Spike 2 pins. All the rest have the skinny posts.

So what kind of posts will BTTF have?

1 week later
#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Highly recommend cliffy protection on the left ramp. As has been said before in this forum. The Stern factory cliffy is not sufficient. My cliffy’s came in and I was shocked to find a crack in the plastic hidden under the factory protector. The cliffy is twice as long and a bit thicker. Some epoxy and cliffy later and the ramp shot is smoother than ever. I was getting rejects because of the rattle where the plastic cracked.

I feel like the cliffys also helps improve the consistency of the shot and reduce rejects, but that might just be my imagination at work

#6076 1 year ago

Seeing what was in progress when hooking up the HDMI, I knew it was going to be a holographic projection and probably be their most expensive topper yet.

Knowing that, I set aside some extra in my pinball fund. I’m in on this as probably my one and only topper.

I like that they are using the Peppers Ghost effect rather than a projector. Should keep things more reliable

#6084 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Can you imagine a fully decked out Tron VE, more Daft Punk music, LCD translite AND a similar topper? Just saying!
Anyhoo, with the current exchange rate to our CAD and looming recession, it's not the best place to put my money right now, lol

Hard pass…

#6165 1 year ago

I have a Star Wars Pro and Mando Pro. Both games can be tough but it feels great to put up a high score on both! No brainer for a fan of SW and pinball. They look great next to each other! [quoted image]

I spent some time over the weekend out in Madeira Beach Florida playing a SW Pro in a brewery. I think SW is more forgiving than Mando IMO as my $2 into the machine lasted me the better part of an hour with extra balls and replays (I don't think that machine gets played much).

They do look great together and play very differently, so if you are a Star Wars fan they make a great combination. I'm personally mulling over selling my Deadpool pro towards picking up a SW premium

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't have to - using a wet method helps.
But taking the Playfield out is way easier than you might think and makes putting on artblades really easy too. Literally just take the balls out, put PF up in upright position and pickup.. or use two people to pickup if you fret.. and lead it against something setting it down on the apron/pegs because Mando has stuff coming out the backboard. Literally the hardest part is just deciding where/how to lean it up. Getting it in and out is easy.

You might want to disconnect the wiring harness too before you try to pull it out Here is a good video of how to remove a playfield on a spike 2 for anyone of you who haven't done it.

I like to remove the playfield and use the dry method and employ a few cheep plastic harbor freight spring clamps to hold it perfectly in position. I undo a clamp, start peeling the backing, then keep shuffling the clamps as I move along.
9a5d658f33f2a3b0d3dde9d558f550e6b061f390 (resized).jpg9a5d658f33f2a3b0d3dde9d558f550e6b061f390 (resized).jpg
I like the official stern art blades. You can unstick them and reposition them a few times if you need to. The material is great.

#6199 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The looms are usually long enough to place the PF near the cabinet without disconnecting them.

I just unclip the 3 connectors to keep them out of the way. I hate trying to maneuver the playfield in the air any more than needed since I am always doing this by myself

#6215 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Waiting for the update to appear on insider - still giving me 1.31. I want to try out ambush!

Same. My pro isn't showing it available yet on IC

*edit - It's there now. IC must lag behind when it is posted on Stern's site*

#6276 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Yup, ran into this issue today coming out of the upper playfield as well on a Pro. Never saw that one until this latest update.

Weird. Hasn’t happened on mine. Probably only 30-40 games since the code update though

#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Really need to fix the ? in the foundry. If you just double tap the button you'll automatically get the ? again. Since one of the awards is light all multipliers it seems like an exploit.

What code version are you on? I've tried a fast double tap on mine to get Dank Farrik, and it doesn't work on my pro on V1.4.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I am going to attempt to have my tech when he comes install smaller posts on the slingshots to make backhanding easier on the right and left side ramps ;
What is the correct verbiage for this slingshot adjustment since the posts are smaller the slingshot acts like it’s closed but it’s really not … I am just trying to find right words and vocab for this ..
Anyone help or idea what I’m talking about ?

Just say you want narrow posts at the bottom of the slings. It's not something I would pay a tech to do. It's 2 nuts per side to take off the plastics, then 2 screws holding the posts in place. 5-10 minutes tops. You'll spend longer ordering the posts online than installing them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html

#6330 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The latest code but it worked on the previous version also.

I know it worked previously, but in v1.4 the instant I hit the action button to select '?', it changes the icon highlighted. I just tested it 8 times over 3 games with no successes.

#6331 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Back in the Mando family, picked up an LE on Monday. Had the Stern shooter rod installed, and as near as I can tell, all the corrosion/pitting on this is intentional. I guess this is supposed to replicate the ball in the series? Hmmmph. Just looks like someone left it outside for a few years to me. Any insight as to why Stern intentionally rusted up an otherwise good looking accessory?
[quoted image]

Normal. Below is stock photo

Mezel Mods sells a shiny one if that is what you are looking for

https://mezelmods.com/products/mandalorian-pinball-shooter-rod

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Mine works like it should with the ?

I suspected that exploit was fixed a few versions ago

#6340 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i have many ejects from the left scoop from shoots with the right flipper, is there a fix for that ?

I find that it needs to be shot slightly later than you would think. Hitting to the left of center seems to work best for me on that ramp.

1 week later
#6402 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have issue of ball falling off rail on right just after leaves the plastic part of the rail from a fast shot from right flipper when bypassing upper playfield. Falls off when transitioning from plastic to metal part of the habit rail. Doesn’t seem to be any obstruction. Any thoughts?

Is this where you are talking about? If so, a fast an easy fix is to add small cabinet door bumpers. They stop the ball from flying off the rails, and take about 2 seconds to put on.

I posted about them before here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/114#post-7079235

You can get a lifetime supply on amazon for $6 delivered https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCNM69B

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6409 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Ramp jump update.
I put the rubber bumpers at the transition between plastic and metals rails. This caused the ball to jump at speed. New solution that right now works after many games. I put just one up higher on the track. Solved for now.

If you look at the picture I posted, I have 2 at the transition across from each other. It’s worked perfectly the last 400 or so games.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6415 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

My little dots were too thick and two blocked the ball. With one when the ball is fast on mine it really jumped getting it higher worked on mine. Ya know how all of them are just a little different.

You might be able to shave them down with an xacto knife or razor blade. If not the ones I linked on Amazon are perfect

#6467 1 year ago

I was a good boy this year…

4C3D9CAB-0C23-4FC2-B7C4-DAF51D951077 (resized).jpeg4C3D9CAB-0C23-4FC2-B7C4-DAF51D951077 (resized).jpegEC4A02F5-756C-4184-82C3-C654BCF30431 (resized).jpegEC4A02F5-756C-4184-82C3-C654BCF30431 (resized).jpeg
#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have that same Star Wars topper from TJ Max...lol.

Ha ha yup. Amazon. $25
https://www.amazon.com/Paladone-Mountable-Freestanding-Officially-Merchandise/dp/B093Y3W6SD

#6475 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

TJ Max was only $10, but you have to have some luck there.

If I bring my wife into a TJ Maxx, I'm not getting out for under $25

#6518 1 year ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Plastic epoxy just didn’t cut it even with a drilled hole / screw to reinforce.
[quoted image]

That looks like a resin part, not FDM, so a plastic specific glue wouldn't be your best bet since it isn't plastic. Have you tried good old CA (Superglue)?

#6526 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

This is the way? Trying to find the right way…I recently bought a Mando premium. There was an amp in the machine but wasn’t hooked up to anything and when I did hook it up it the speaker hummed slightly on attract mode. Can someone help me to make sure it’s hooked up correctly also where to pull power from. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did they use sheet rock toggle bolts to install the speaker? That's a new one...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Also is that a dual voice coil speaker that they only wired a single voice coil on? If you wired it in series you would get a 4 Ohm impedance since that little Lepy amp supports 4-8 ohm impedences.

Seems like someone maybe didn't know what they were doing.
Lepy LP-168S Specifications:
Input voltage-. DC12V-19V≥3A
Output power-. 45W x 2 + 68W x 1RMS
Load impedance-. 4~8Ω
Total Harmonic Distortion-. <0.4%
SNR-. >80dB
Frequency range-. 20Hz-20KHz
Size-. 17.6x12.7x4.3cm

#6530 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Topper Update:
Just heard back from tech support. The Beskar count going back to Zero will be fixed in the next update so it will in fact be cumulative over time.

Nice. Hopefully they also fix where it still shows the boot screen until you start a game.

On a separate note, has anyone experienced on a Pro, where sneaking in to the upper playfield lets you complete shots on an encounter even if you didn't get there by the left ramp? I just noticed it doing this on the most recent code version. It didn't used to happen before that I can recall.

#6553 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

I have a lepy 168 that I want to install in Mando. My question is since there is no service port to plug in for my 110. Is there anywhere to get 110v instead of plugging the amp into a different outlet. Thanks
[quoted image]

You could cut the end off the power cord and wire it directly to where line power comes into the power supply. That way it is switched with the rest of the game. The service outlet in the head remains on even when the game is off.
FED82592-EACB-4007-8CE4-64B28628214C (resized).jpegFED82592-EACB-4007-8CE4-64B28628214C (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6604 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Does this game take 6 balls ???

It takes quarters.

On any new stern, if you check on the lock down bar, there is a label that will tell you how many balls that game needs to play.

#6626 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code update:
LE/PREMIUM V1.41 - DECEMBER 15, 2022
====================================
**** FIXED ****
- The HEAT IS ON Achievement really works now.
- The Beskar meter on the Topper will corectly retain its value when powered off.
**** NEW ****
- Added a new Adjustment - TOPPER THEME. Use to change the default topper
light colors.
**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.28 ****
Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus

Nice!

#6630 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Okay so it fixed the beskar. Boot version still shows in attract before starting a game. I do like the choice to change the theme of the razorcrest, but you have to select it and play a game to see it. You'd think it would preview it when selecting which option. Like 5 options, Noir, Ice, Sunset, and 1 or 2 more. I really do like the Sunset. In a hurry or else I would've went through and tested them all, but I'm pretty happy with sunset.

For those looking, it's feature adjustment #50 in the game menu. The 5 new colors themes are as follows
Noir - (Default) Normal Blue
Bright - Cool White
Ice - Another Blue
Sunset - Warm white
Life Day - Pulsing Green and Red

So life day kinda seems like Wookiee Christmas, so it is fitting that it is red and green

Life Day was a holiday of Wookiee tradition that celebrated family, joy, and harmony—values and tenets of Wookiee culture. Traditionally held at the Tree of Life on the forested Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk, celebrations were held by people across the stars after "The Dark Times" of the Galactic Empire. Making the Wookiee holiday their own, people marked the day with festive décor, lights, feasts, and music, where sentients were reminded of compassion—the promise of the Tree of Life.

#6642 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not that simple. They would have to get back with the licensor to get the approval and then pay for it. Who knows how hard or costly that would be.

That was my thoughts exactly. Disney is strict with their licensing. The best you can hope for if you want new content is for someone to make a custom media package with pinball browser

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

On mine it is feature adjustment #56.

It must be #50 on the Pro, #56 on the Prem

#6652 1 year ago

I know the code just dropped but any resets or other weirdness?

I didn't have any last night while playing. Then again I've never had a reset on my Mando Pro

#6654 1 year ago

Sure do.

#6674 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If no one else has later I will once I’m home tonight, currently sat in the hospital with my better half, so it may be much later today.

Hope all is well and you better half is on the mend soon

#6677 1 year ago
Quoted from BSoulMan:

Thank you for this post- I did reach out to M&M (and Matt responded promptly) and I received my MRS within 2-3 days.
Using your photos as a guide, it took about 10-15 minutes to install, and it works beautifully! All U-Turn shots are registered properly
I highly recommend this for anyone that has a Mando with the issue with the U-Turn registering shots
Can reliably Start/Finish Ambush and the Super Jackpots work every time now...
Big shot out to M&M for this solution and CruJones4Life for the post!

It's a beautiful thing when the community comes together and it all works out.

#6713 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

The screw with the "dome" top looks like it may hold the upper playfield plastic together. I don't know the technical term for that type of screw.
Not sure abut the others.

They call that a "Pan Head" screw

2 weeks later
#6783 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

That upper PF is difficult.

That's why I got a pro. I liked the upper playfield better when it isn't tilting

1 week later
#6846 1 year ago

The rubber is too tight on the 10 point switch or the switch is gapped too close. I think that switch is right under the pop bumper nest.

+1 Had the same issue when I got mine

#6851 1 year ago

@xaqery
Before the last update, wasn’t the top of the beskar bar the award level? Now it just shows the same as the bottom showing the current total.

45495F6C-D93C-4733-9237-98CE7E444FF6 (resized).jpeg45495F6C-D93C-4733-9237-98CE7E444FF6 (resized).jpeg

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

When I first got my game, I noticed the ball jumping a bit going up that ramp flap. I raised the playfield & backed the nut off just a bit (the nut holding that flap down under the playfield). You could see the bend in the flap decrease which made a more fluid transition.

+1 I did the same with mine soon after I got it and noticed a difference where it didn’t hit the protector as much. I also purchased a back up protector.

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Finally got my replacement right ramp cover in the mail pretty fast from a fellow pinsidern I’ve had mando withdrawals all week ..
I hope the screw holes match up if not I’ll make new ones overall shape loos legit what do you guys think
[quoted image]

I would make sure you adjust the ramp pitch to stop it from hitting the plastic so hard. Mine did that when I first got it until I adjusted the nut on the back of the playfield that controls the pitch of that right u turn ramp.

Marco sells the original plastic protector for only $30, so I picked one up as a spare.
https://www.pinballlife.com/the-mandalorian-anti-loft-right-ramp-shield-assembly.html

#6897 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I don’t quite understand what you mean by doing this it’s something I’d like to do any chance to explain. It to me further ? Where is this ramp pitch nut I did not see it

I’m out of the country and away from my Mando so no way to get a picture at the moment. There is a nut you can adjust on the underside of the playfield to adjust the angle of the metal flap leading into the right ramp. Some tweaks will get it so it doesn’t smack the plastic. Even without a picture it should be easy to find

#6899 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Now I understand what you mean bear with me I have a real bad learn disability I ask a lot of stupid questions ….
I will have to check that out so it basically adjusts the angle of that entry ramp
What do the different adjustment do I take it one is for higher and one is for lower ; I’m away from location so can’t check until Tmmrw thank youb

if I remember right if it is too tight, it makes the flap bow in too much. Get it so it is just tight enough the the flap doesn’t deflect when the ball hits it. It it is all the way tightened down, the ball will smack the plastic on hard shots

#6916 1 year ago

I attribute some of the negativity to the sour grapes people who are angry that Stern makes anything besides Godzilla Premium or another Elwin pin. They put in their deposit without asking if they were #584 in line at a distro that gets an allotment of 5 machines at a time, and somehow that is Sterns fault, not theirs…

I also think the long pause between seasons (since 2020) also has a part to play in availability. I think people will be excited again when new episodes start playing

#6920 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

We won’t be getting footage from season 3 eventually could we in a update or that is a sailed ship

I doubt it. It would have to be licensed, and would likely mean Stern would have to pay Disney more to do it. New video assets would likely only come from someone adding it using Pinball Browser on their own as a bootleg effort

#6929 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When is next batch of toppers shipping from Stern?

If I remember right I think March

#6938 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

That’s it !!
I’m bummed out on my GZ I can only fit one on one side cause the ball will get stuck on the right side ;
About to install it on AIQ right side ;
Mando is way. Better with these posts on it

It’s your game. Set it up to play however you like!

If the game ever feels too easy, you can always put it back to stock.

#6941 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Anyone who's had the game for a while regret their Mando purchase? I'm looking to get a Mando pro, but a lot of people keep saying Godzilla is much better, although I'd probably want the Premium and that one and it's major $$$. I've played each of them several times at my distributor but still can't decide.

They are very different games with very different IPs. Try both and buy what you like.

#6979 1 year ago
Quoted from SerenityNow:

Asking again.. For a friend..
Was the Mandalorian topper a limited edition or are more on the way ?

I think I saw a sign for one for sale at Little Shop of Games when I was there the other day picking up Rush. I would reach out to King_Jelly (Marshall) and see if he still has one.

#6980 1 year ago

More are coming. I would get on a list now.

March is when the next wave should be out. I see this preorder is sold out though.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/uncategorized/the-mandalorian-topper-for-pinball-machine-officially-licensed-stern-product-502-7143-00/

1 week later
#6996 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Welcome to pinball ownership... The nut that holds the coil stop on came unwelded ( I guess they are welded?) Do i need to replace the whole base now?

The threaded part was just press fit. You can epoxy or jb weld it back in place. The tension on the hex bolt will keep it in place over time. No need to replace the whole base plate.

A new coil stop isn’t the fix here.

#6998 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Yeah this happened while trying to replace coil stops. I opted to slide a washer and nut on the back side and get it tightened down. I kept the round nut and maybe try that on the next round of stops.

That works too! The epoxy / jb weld just saves you from having to snake a wrench behind the base plate.

1 week later
#7025 1 year ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Upgraded my plastic ramps to the official wireforms today which at first seemed like a 10 minute job and I was about to call it a day but then after some play testing I realised a number of fast clean shots to the left ramp were derailing off of the associated exit wireform. After A LOT of swearing, sweating, adjusting and play testing I’ve managed to pretty much sort it. It looks much better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They make it so much easier to see the playfield. You'll be happy with them.

4 weeks later
#7137 12 months ago

Added a lexan washer under the ramp where it exits to the wire form. It makes it a lot more rigid and helps with balls flying off. Worth a try if you have one laying around.

BF37B968-44FC-41EC-A24C-0D295827A375 (resized).jpegBF37B968-44FC-41EC-A24C-0D295827A375 (resized).jpeg
#7144 12 months ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

If you have balls flying off there might be the 3D printed mine. I think it sticks out to far and the ball clips it. Happened on mine and you have to modify the 3D print or just keep it off and no more balls flying off!

I’m not following. Do you have an STL to share?

Mine is working perfectly right now

#7152 12 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

He’s saying that the mine mod you have on the ramp might be causing the ball to fly off.

The Grav Charge! I assumed mine was a typo and wasn't connecting the two.

The ball never makes contact with the grav charge on my machine. It would be easy to modify that STL to take a small slice out of that side, but on mine it doesn't come anywhere close to making contact

1 week later
#7180 11 months ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

What?!? You guys can backhand the left ramp? I have 500 plays on my Mando, I replaced coil stops on day one and it is set to default coil power. I have never been able to make that shot. I had to do a lot of work on the right flipper to get it to backhand the right ramp consistently. Any ideas on what to adjust on the left flipper?

I think it is just a timing thing more than anything else. I find it is easier for me to hit it with it rolling a bit rather than from a dead stop cradle, but both are doable.

1 week later
#7218 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinthul:

My Grogu Magnet doesnt "swing" the ball around anymore. It catches and holds it no problem but the left/right "force" movements arent happening anymore after 150+ games..any idea? I messed with the timings (a bit) increasing or lowering by 50 ms didn't change it. No Technician alerts and since the holding works 100% of the time I dont think the magnet is the issue..
Any other ideas?

Try cleaning and waxing the playfield around it. Same thing happens on GOTG if the playfield is dirty.

1 week later
#7266 11 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:

Hey guys this is my very first pin a NIB Pro. I have used the search function to resolve a few of my issues already but couldn't find anything on this. When the child is lit it shows an arrow on the right orbit and the left orbit flashing. The callout is shoot the left but the right is lit as well. If I shoot right it won't wrap all the way around and goes into the upper playfield and I can't accomplish anything up there. Is this the way? Or is there something defective? I already had to rig a switch up for the razorcrest multiball while I wait for a new board. The chip that detects the magnet on the swing target broke like my 3rd play.

I think if you shoot right, it trips the opto and the upper diverter fires hopefully, slowing it so it drops into the child lanes, not the upper playfield. That's what mine does anyways. Only a soft shot right will drop into the upper playfield (Mando Head)

2 weeks later
#7291 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Looking for some advice on the magnet. I’ve noticed mine isn’t really working the way it used to. It doesn’t always catch the ball and when it does, it barely moves the ball around. It used to fling that thing like crazy so something seems off.
I haven’t changed any of the settings for it and it does activate in the test menu but just doesn’t seem as powerful? Any suggestions? Does the magnet coil ever go bad?

When was the last time you cleaned and waxed that area and changed to some fresh balls?

The magnet effects work with a series of quick pulses of the magnet to throw the ball around. If there is too much drag on the playfield, it won't work right. It's 99% of the problem GOTG owners experience with the orb lock magnet, even if some will stubbornly refuse to admit it.

2 weeks later
#7362 10 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

excellent, thank you, my max was 10".....

200w.gif200w.gif
#7370 9 months ago
Quoted from Chumbuket:

I installed my Mandalorian topper and when powering on the machine it will mirror the dmd screen and then go out. It will not show any holograms throughout gameplay or attract mode. It stays dark the whole time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Check the cat5 connection is seated properly and plugged all the way in firmly. Mine did the same when I got it. It was a slightly loose connection.

#7381 9 months ago
Quoted from Scott-UK:

anyone got to the bottom of the beskar counter on the topper resetting everytime you turn the machine off.

That was fixed in the latest code update

#7390 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

all optos seem to be fine

Did you check each of those in test? This sounds like an misaligned or dirty opto failing to trigger the diverter

#7410 9 months ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Quick question, my child magnet grabs the ball like a pro but it doesnt throw it around and just drops it every time in the I lane. Was something changed on code side since it worked before or whats wrong?

Make sure the area around the magnet is clean and waxed. It doesn’t work well otherwise.

1 month later
#7433 8 months ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I have a Mando pro on location and the plastic above the entrance to the right ramp broke. Is this a common occurrence? Has someone made a better replacement to keep it from happening? Forgot to take a picture, I made a mark on a stock picture as to where my plastic broke. Any info appreciated. Thanks.
[quoted image]

You can get a replacement for $30 from Marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/510-7948-21

#7434 8 months ago

BTW I have a topper for sale or trade in central Florida if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/158885

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.