IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 156.
#1051 2 years ago

Remove that plastic guard for better upper playfield control on the pro. It drops nice and gentle to the flipper heel.

IMG_20210813_192053071 (resized).jpgIMG_20210813_192053071 (resized).jpg
#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone making a metal plate for the lockdown bar button?

Knuckle busters?

#1053 2 years ago

Mando is the first game since Deadpool where the lockdown button actually feels fun and useful. It has some bugs still but its well integrated.

#1054 2 years ago

Still don't have my Mando Premium, but my animatronic baby Yoda came in today and I threw a couple of pinballs at him. Just not the same.

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Still don't have my Mando Premium, but my animatronic baby Yoda came in today and I threw a couple of pinballs at him. Just not the same.

I was told any day now last week. So still expecting it any day now!

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mando is the first game since Deadpool where the lockdown button actually feels fun and useful. It has some bugs still but its well integrated.

Took me a while to figure out you have to hold the button to light all the 2x shots with the flamethrower item.

Only thing I get tripped up on is it lights when a new ball is launched. Useful but just makes me want to hit it…

#1057 2 years ago

With 2 playfield multipliers lit I hit a Razorcrest hurry up for $340M. Is that a bug? I don't know the rules of how that hurry up works but seems insanely high.

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Remove that plastic guard for better upper playfield control on the pro. It drops nice and gentle to the flipper heel.
[quoted image]

I’m interested in this and will probably give it a try.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

ST was also a good use. Seemed to make sense to use it to shoot the Vengeance.

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Took me a while to figure out you have to hold the button to light all the 2x shots with the flamethrower item.
Only thing I get tripped up on is it lights when a new ball is launched. Useful but just makes me want to hit it…

I think you can turn off the ball launch with action the button in the settings. Come to think of it…. I might try this myself

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

[quoted image]

This appears to work pretty damn well.

#1062 2 years ago

Ugh.. Upper playfield on my LE just decided to stop moving today, stuck in the down position in both gameplay and test. Any tips greatly appreciated!

UPATE: Plug to the motor controller board mysteriously came out!

65066931344__3F2DA6C2-CDD9-424B-A943-3F022B955C2A (resized).jpeg65066931344__3F2DA6C2-CDD9-424B-A943-3F022B955C2A (resized).jpeg
#1063 2 years ago

Does anyone know of an LE/Premium on location in the Nashville area that I could get a few games on?

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ugh.. Upper playfield on my LE just decided to stop moving today, stuck in the down position in both gameplay and test. Any tips greatly appreciated!
UPATE: Plug to the motor controller board mysteriously came out!
[quoted image]

Glad it was an easy fix.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Does anyone know of an LE/Premium on location in the Nashville area that I could get a few games on?

Download pinball map app and set the filter to mando

#1066 2 years ago

I've also had the case of the mysteriously unplugged component on my Mando Premium. Note that this is my first home pin and I have zero experience on how pins work and never really saw the underside of one until I bought this one.

I started a game and it kept launching balls up from the trough right after hitting start. In the ball trough test, it showed all lights as on (even the extra one which I think is to indicate a jam) so it assumed it was full, even when I ejected all of the balls and took them out of the game. After looking online at YouTube videos (thank you to everyone who does those, even if they seem silly) I looked underneath and saw that the LED's in the trough were indeed on, but then saw the plug to the receiver dangling. Plugged it back in and voila, I considered myself a genius.

That and the Child Spot falling out have been the only two things I've had to worry about. (And yes, there is that little metal part that supposedly is there to hold it in.) I did the electrical tape trick and it worked for quite a bit (it doesn't go in far enough for the metal piece to go over it now that it's fatter) but the light fell back out recently while neighbors were over.

Thankfully my encounter ramp doesn't send the ball back down, but I can see it getting pretty close to doing so...

#1067 2 years ago

Alright, don’t rip me a new asshole for this, but I have my verdict after a full week of play in-home; and no, it’s not going away.

Day 1, not knowing the rules or shots, I loved the pin. When it flows, it feels really good, but there is a reason for that… cause it doesn’t really flow.

The geometry, on nearly all shots, is just… off. Nearly anything is not consistently backhand-able, and even when you nail shots, it often rejects. Because of the angle issues, the pin is more brutal than it should be; I’d 9.5/10 play BKSOR over this. Both brutal, but I never feel like I make a shot and miss on that pin.

Going to try a variety of fixes, a I notice my right flipper hides all the underneath black, and that it’s the reason for being unable to consistently backhand the right ramp.

But beyond that, the math just feels off. And I hate it. It doesn’t feel like JP where it rewards difficult shots, but instead punishes you with a made shot and ooooops… reject!

Now, I can nearly never get rid of this pin as my wife adores it and makes her want to play pinball (theme, theme… THEME!), and it’s “her pin” and thus it stays.

Man I really want to love this pin, but the maths, just no - I think I kinda hate it.

#1068 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Alright, don’t rip me a new asshole for this, but I have my verdict after a full week of play in-home; and no, it’s not going away.
Day 1, not knowing the rules or shots, I loved the pin. When it flows, it feels really good, but there is a reason for that… cause it doesn’t really flow.
The geometry, on nearly all shots, is just… off. Nearly anything is not consistently backhand-able, and even when you nail shots, it often rejects. Because of the angle issues, the pin is more brutal than it should be; I’d 9.5/10 play BKSOR over this. Both brutal, but I never feel like I make a shot and miss on that pin.
Going to try a variety of fixes, a I notice my right flipper hides all the underneath black, and that it’s the reason for being unable to consistently backhand the right ramp.
But beyond that, the math just feels off. And I hate it. It doesn’t feel like JP where it rewards difficult shots, but instead punishes you with a made shot and ooooops… reject!
Now, I can nearly never get rid of this pin as my wife adores it and makes her want to play pinball (theme, theme… THEME!), and it’s “her pin” and thus it stays.
Man I really want to love this pin, but the maths, just no - I think I kinda hate it.

Selling my JP and keeping Mando.
Yours sounds like mine on day one. After some adjustments i can backhanded anything but the right orbit. This game is one of the easier players imo. Straight forward ruleset and satisfying shots with an easy out shot up the razorcrest in a panic.
Anyway, tweak you game and see if your opinion changes.

#1069 2 years ago

How are there still not enough premium reviews to get this in rhe top100? Rate this sucker

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:Alright, don’t rip me a new asshole for this, but I have my verdict after a full week of play in-home; and no, it’s not going away.

Make sure you are leveled well and not too steep. Maybe you need to tweak things a little. My Pro has been playing great right out of the box after I set it up. Over a hundred plays and no issues. Shoots very well.

Keep adjusting your game - don't give up. Games can vary unit to unit on how they shoot. Maybe it has to be just a hair high or low on a leg or two to shoot perfect rather than dead even all around. Or maybe pitch up or down slightly from the norm. Experiment. Start with everything dead on, and then try to make adjustments from there.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Keep adjusting your game - don't give up. Games can vary unit to unit on how they shoot. Maybe it has to be just a hair high or low on a leg or two to shoot perfect rather than dead even all around. Or maybe pitch up or down slightly from the norm. Experiment. Start with everything dead on, and then try to make adjustments from there.

chickenscratch ^^^THIS!^^^
You gotta stay diligent and keep dialing in your game. It’s no different than breaking in a baseball mitt. Keep playing with it. Keep adjusting it. As the game settles and you keep micro-tweaking little thing, the better it gets.

#1072 2 years ago

I can backhand the scoop, left ramp, and crest every time. I can’t backhand the right ramp at all and haven’t figure out how to fix that but I never get a single shot I would consider a reject.

I don’t know if I agree with your reasons but it doesn’t matter. I sold JP because it wasn’t for me, Mando may just not be for you.

I don’t try and convince the JP thread the game is bad… haha

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

The art means nothing on its own - thats just simple registration. Cnc cuts all that stuff uniformly regardless of where the art is. The ramp entrance (at least on pro) is on a slide… maybe try tweaking that or the flipper bat angle.

Right ramp, razor crest, and left scoop are really the main shots that should be consistent backhand. The super jackpot can be too but is tighter and on some games the left ramp.

#1074 2 years ago

Hello folks,

I'm in the market for either The Mandalorian (premium) or Deadpool (premium), and I can only choose one.
I created a poll on the front page to help figure out which might be next in the collection.
Feel free to stop by and cast a vote or share your opinion.

7EE01736-05AD-41C3-B722-E1842712368A (resized).jpeg7EE01736-05AD-41C3-B722-E1842712368A (resized).jpeg
#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Selling my JP and keeping Mando.
Yours sounds like mine on day one. After some adjustments i can backhanded anything but the right orbit. This game is one of the easier players imo. Straight forward ruleset and satisfying shots with an easy out shot up the razorcrest in a panic.
Anyway, tweak you game and see if your opinion changes.

Which adjustments did you make? I plan on adjusting the right flipper, as the black ring underneath is hidden, and that should help backhand off that flipper, but curious what other common adjustments might be out there.

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I can backhand the scoop, left ramp, and crest every time. I can’t backhand the right ramp at all and haven’t figure out how to fix that but I never get a single shot I would consider a reject.
I don’t know if I agree with your reasons but it doesn’t matter. I sold JP because it wasn’t for me, Mando may just not be for you.
I don’t try and convince the JP thread the game is bad… haha

Haha I didn’t try to convince anyone, I gave my concerns once, and interested in learning more to dial this in, if possible. We’re not in a cult yo, where we can only say nice things

#1077 2 years ago

Looking to join the club with a Premium soon (I hope) anyone know of any distros near Louisville that have any instock?

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Looking to join the club with a Premium soon (I hope) anyone know of any distros near Louisville that have any instock?

Next shipment of Premiums is in October, that's when mine comes in to the dealer. After that it's most likely sometime next year.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Next shipment of Premiums is in October, that's when mine comes in to the dealer. After that it's most likely sometime next year.

I was figuring it would be a wait. Ill have to give a couple distros a call and put a deposit on one. I have seen a few LEs out there for sale, but I refuse to pay flipper prices. Same with the Premiums. I get these are in demand, but dang. This will be my 1st and probably only NIB machine so it sucks I decided to do it now when there is a shortage of parts and long waits.

#1080 2 years ago

I’m really enjoying this game and I think other people are too I’ve had this on location since June 17th and I’m getting close to 2k plays on it!

712C7041-E170-4779-A52A-735D696865AA (resized).jpeg712C7041-E170-4779-A52A-735D696865AA (resized).jpeg
#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m really enjoying this game and I think other people are too I’ve had this on location since June 17th and I’m getting close to 2k plays on it!
[quoted image]

How's it holding up? Any maintenance issues?

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

How's it holding up? Any maintenance issues?

My diverter broke around 400plays. Other than that it’s been solid. After a friends ramp entrance and razor crest gun broke off, I lowered the flipper power a bit and so far so good.

#1083 2 years ago

Has anyone else experienced an issue where the post stays up for super skill shots? I’ll be holding the left flipper, but instead of keeping the post doe, it will pop up as the ball makes the turn.

I also had a weird issue tonight where the mini playfield dropped the ball for the first encounter while it was in the full upright position. It didn’t wait to raise it like it normally does.

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone else experienced an issue where the post stays up for super skill shots? I’ll be holding the left flipper, but instead of keeping the post doe, it will pop up as the ball makes the turn.
I also had a weird issue tonight where the mini playfield dropped the ball for the first encounter while it was in the full upright position. It didn’t wait to raise it like it normally does.

Its intentional apparently, discussion one page back (21)

#1085 2 years ago

Has anybody installed the premium ramps on a pro?

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Has anybody installed the premium ramps on a pro?

Loganpinball makes an aftermarket set many folks have installed. They work well and are fast. Marcopinball has the premium part numbers for the ramps on their website out of stock. Not sure if anyone has been able to snag a set from Stern...yet.

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Loganpinball makes an aftermarket set many folks have installed. They work well and are fast. Marcopinball has the premium part numbers for the ramps on their website out of stock. Not sure if anyone has been able to snag a set from Stern...yet.

What mods are required to install them? How much do they cost?

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way

May want to make this a Key Post.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Make sure the roll over switch in the shooter lane is working. I put a piece of precut lane protector over it without noticing the switch and had the same problem.

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

I believe the pretty much bolt on, not much required to install them. The Loganpinball ones are $220.

There is a list he has going.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from douglasHicks:

Anyone having trouble with the left orbit? On my Pro , *every* ball coming down the left orbit hits the little rubber post and drains right down the center. Its damn near unavoidable. I don't *think* it's by design, but I could be wrong.
[quoted image]

Hey OP, I had this same problem. I reached out to Dead Flip who checked with the engineers and they assured him (and me) that it should be a "smooth return to the left flipper". What is happening to you is NOT what should be happening, however the good news is that it's easily fixable.

Under the plastic on the left side is the screw that is holding that orbit guide down, you simply need to take the plastic part off (a few screws and a bolt) and then loosen the screw holding the guide, adjust it so it is not flush with that post. I've done this twice now (admittedly the first time I didn't screw it down hard enough and it misaligned), and after making sure it was very snug on the second go, the ball falls as you would expect it to off that orbit.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Hey OP, I had this same problem. I reached out to Dead Flip who checked with the engineers and they assured him (and me) that it should be a "smooth return to the left flipper". What is happening to you is NOT what should be happening, however the good news is that it's easily fixable.
Under the plastic on the left side is the screw that is holding that orbit guide down, you simply need to take the plastic part off (a few screws and a bolt) and then loosen the screw holding the guide, adjust it so it is not flush with that post. I've done this twice now (admittedly the first time I didn't screw it down hard enough and it misaligned), and after making sure it was very snug on the second go, the ball falls as you would expect it to off that orbit.

I almost want to adjust it so the guide's actually touching the black line. Coming off the left orbit doesn't go SDTM but it does always bump the bottom edge of the sling and THEN goes right through the middle. Would love to be able to bounce pass off that but it's basically impossible with that little bounce off the sling.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Thanks all! And the C2 connector is for the future I guess?[quoted image]

Oh interesting... I'd assumed that was just leftover in my pro and was connected to the moving mini playfield in so way on the prem/LE models... wonder what/if anything they've got planned for that...

#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

I almost want to adjust it so the guide's actually touching the black line. Coming off the left orbit doesn't go SDTM but it does always bump the bottom edge of the sling and THEN goes right through the middle. Would love to be able to bounce pass off that but it's basically impossible with that little bounce off the sling.

This is common adjustment on every Pin I have owned. Just adjust the guide until it clears the slings and lands safely on your flipper.

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Man, I need a direct line to the engineers like this.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Oh interesting... I'd assumed that was just leftover in my pro and was connected to the moving mini playfield in so way on the prem/LE models... wonder what/if anything they've got planned for that...

Yes, interactive grogu was my first thought but i’m sure stern will make something for it.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is common adjustment on every Pin I have owned. Just adjust the guide until it clears the slings and lands safely on your flipper.

You're absolutely right, just had to push it out to basically overlapping the black line and it works great now. This is my first pin still figuring out the seemingly obvious stuff. Thanks man

#1098 2 years ago

Anyone get a response about broken encounter ramps?

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Anyone get a response about broken encounter ramps?

My distributor says my new diverted should be coming but I have been waiting for two weeks.

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My distributor says my new diverted should be coming but I have been waiting for two weeks.

bernieberg fixed it by zip tying the pieces together and said it worked fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.