IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 156.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

You can change the shaker setting in adjustments. It defaults to Maximal use. Try setting it to moderate and maybe it will trigger less frequently.

Thanks but that's not shaker strength, just how much it's used in the game, so doesn't help. You can adjust the shaker weight positions to 3 configurations but they correspond to:

Edited:

Both weight opposite (default) - Why isn't my game shaking
Weights at 90 angle - Game might last more than a year, but still fecking crazy strong
Both weights same position - Shake the house/game to bits

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks but that's not shaker strength, just how much it's used in the game, so doesn't help. You can adjust the shaker weight positions to 3 configurations but they correspond to:
Both weight opposite (default) - Shake the house/game to bits
Weights at 90 angle - Game might last more than a year, but still fecking crazy strong
Both weights same position - Why isn't my game shaking

I know it isn't strength its frequency of trigger. you can mount one of the weights in a more "custom" position to try and get a balance between 90* and same position, you just have to tighten the hell out of the set screw

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I know it isn't strength its frequency of trigger. you can mount one of the weights in a more "custom" position to try and get a balance between 90* and same position, you just have to tighten the hell out of the set screw

I just said that, and posted the results of each shaker configuration.

#1804 2 years ago

Mmmmmmm…. Blue mando ?

44C6A345-6B75-4990-999D-615B49082AEE (resized).jpeg44C6A345-6B75-4990-999D-615B49082AEE (resized).jpeg
#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I just said that, and posted the results of each shaker configuration.

No no, you don't need to be at exactly 90 is what I am saying, you can adjust the weight position more than just the 3 steps you indicate, so long as your really tighten the weight you move down really well as there wont be a dimple on the motor shaft.

#1806 2 years ago

Played a friends LE the other night...

The garbage flipper buttons Stern got into are legitimately crap.

The rotating PF is harder than I thought it would be... two flippers is nice, but I think I still kinda prefer the pro's Mini PF style.

But I could backhand his left ramp way easier than our pro. I'm gonna have to look at flipper angles really closely.

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

No no, you don't need to be at exactly 90 is what I am saying, you can adjust the weight position more than just the 3 steps you indicate, so long as your really tighten the weight you move down really well as there wont be a dimple on the motor shaft.

I can't do that on my shaker. The shaft has a machined circular groove on each end, so you can only fix the screw in one place. Then there are only two pre-drilled holes on the weights, so you are limited to the 3 configurations I mentioned.

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Both weight opposite (default) - Shake the house/game to bits
Both weights same position - Why isn't my game shaking

I think you have the first and third backwards. If the weights are on the same side, that should be maximal shaking, and has been the default orientation for the shaker motors I've bought from Pinball Life. Having them 180 degrees opposite one another would be the minimal amount of shaking.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I think you have the first and third backwards. If the weights are on the same side, that should be maximal shaking, and has been the default orientation for the shaker motors I've bought from Pinball Life. Having them 180 degrees opposite one another would be the minimal amount of shaking.

AI think I do. Opposite = equal each other, you're right mate.

#1810 2 years ago

Has anyone come across some flipper bat covers that extend the artwork of the lane guides?

#1811 2 years ago

I removed the black plastic around the speaker and went with mirrored silver.

I think it came out great.

IMG_6445 (resized).JPGIMG_6445 (resized).JPG
#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I removed the black plastic around the speaker and went with mirrored silver.
I think it came out great.
[quoted image]

Yes got an silver pair to, not installed yet. Do you also have an transparant circle round line in it? Curious how it looks with speaker light kit..

#1813 2 years ago

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yes got an silver pair to, not installed yet. Do you also have an transparant circle round line in it? Curious how it looks with speaker light kit..

It’s the one from speaker lights. I did not light it. It had a kind circle on the plastic.

#1815 2 years ago

I thought this ball hang up was a ball magnetization issue but it is not. The hang up occurs very frequently and is the result of the shape of the metal bracket underneath the left ramp. The bracket is shaped like the letter "F" lying on its side and the F gap lets a ball settle in there. Anyone else experience this/have a solution?

Mando ball hangup under left ramp F bracket (resized).jpgMando ball hangup under left ramp F bracket (resized).jpg
#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I thought this ball hang up was a ball magnetization issue but it is not. The hang up occurs very frequently and is the result of the shape of the metal bracket underneath the left ramp. The bracket is shaped like the letter "F" lying on its side and the F gap lets a ball settle in there. Anyone else experience this/have a solution?[quoted image]

Is this possibly due to your playfield overlay? Seems like a pretty tight fit regardless, but curious if your overlay is partially to blame.

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Has anyone come across some flipper bat covers that extend the artwork of the lane guides?

Yup:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/mandalorian-flipper-decals-cambo

Also, for what it’s worth, Colywobbles makes some nice brushed stainless* overlays (shooter plate, shooter gauge, and flipper toppers) that in my opinion look a lot nicer/dignified than the swirly beskar designs out there. I think the swirly ones look pretty cheap/fake, and the stainless look is more impressive. I believe he was doing $15 for a set of 4 toppers, $15 for the shooter lane gauge, $15 for the shooter plate, or $40 for all of it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/146#post-6486341

*they’re not stainless, just plastics that look like brushed stainless. They look great.

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Is this possibly due to your playfield overlay? Seems like a pretty tight fit regardless, but curious if your overlay is partially to blame.

Good point but I don't think it's a clearance issue to the overhead ramp plastic if that's what you mean. My machine is not overly steep either.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

The surrounds I sell are made to be backlit. You can use them if not backlit, but being a seller of speaker lights (hence the website name...SpeakerLightKits.com) they are all made to allow light to shine through them when using a light kit.

The "transparent circle" you see is etching in the mirror material to allow light to shine though it. I left a very thin unetched rim around the inner part of the ring. I did a sample without that thin inner ring and it just looked better (when backlit) with that unetched ring there. I also tried some with the unetched area on the rim and also around the outer visible part of the ring. That looked a bit off as the etched area was then just a thin ring in the middle of the visible area that would allow the light to shine through.

I started stocking my bronze surrounds just for Mando, as I expected some LE owners might want to keep the black ring look, but also have the light kit more visible by using a surround that the light kit could shine through.

Here is a video I just shot of what a factory Mando LE surround should look like (on the left) vs one of my bronze surrounds (on the right). As you can see, allowing the light to shine through the surround ring gives the light kit much more visibility. You can still see the light kit reflecting off of the light silver cone on the left one, but it is not nearly as visible as the right side. If you are using 5.25" speakers with a darker cone material, you would see even less of the light kit effect on the left side with the surrounds that do not allow light to shine through them.

Another note....I have not actually tested a factory Mando LE surround myself, but I have been told they were black and did not allow light to shine through them. So I assume they are the same as the black material that I have (and used in the video on the left), that does not allow light to shine through it. So if you want a surround that looks black when not back lit, but DOES allow light to shine through it when it is back lit.....I have the bronze surrounds available.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Mmmmmmm…. Blue mando ?
[quoted image]

You should consider a blue LED in the foundry scoop. I got mine from Mezel Mods. It looks like it should be there.

Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpgMezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
#1821 2 years ago

I've read a lot of comments on this game and Brian as a designer over the past few months, talking about there being geometry issues, it's clunky and whether Brian still has it. But when this game flow, it flows big time...

I'm playing with the upper post disabled and last night was chaining 4/5 shots together such as left ramp, right ramp, 2 x orbits, etc. Don't ask me why but it seems easier to connect the shots at speed vs. cradle the ball and try to be more targetted. It's the 'flowiest' game I own and love it.

I hope future code is going award combos outside of modes, I think combos in modes are already there.

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I've read a lot of comments on this game and Brian as a designer over the past few months, talking about there being geometry issues, it's clunky and whether Brian still has it. But when this game flow, it flows big time...
I'm playing with the upper post disabled and last night was chaining 4/5 shots together such as left ramp, right ramp, 2 x orbits, etc. Don't ask me why but it seems easier to connect the shots at speed vs. cradle the ball and try to be more targetted. It's the 'flowiest' game I own and love it.
I hope future code is going award combos outside of modes, I think combos in modes are already there.

I agree! There is an odd amount of complaints on this title, which I am guessing may be buyer’s remorse due to Godzilla. Honestly I have purchased multiple new Stern games in the last few years and out of the gate this one is significantly better than many were at launch. The code will most likely mature but even as it is the game is attainable by players of all skill level and it certainly isn’t clunky! You want clunky? Play a Rick and Morty straight from the factory!

Mando is currently a family and friends favorite in my 20 game collection.

#1823 2 years ago

Anyone found Luke in the code yet? Listening to super awesome pinball show he is in there but not in “this is the way”. Managed to get the mission and razor crest mini wizard modes today so guessing it’s the encounter wizard mode?

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone found Luke in the code yet? Listening to super awesome pinball show he is in there but not in “this is the way”. Managed to get the mission and razor crest mini wizard modes today so guessing it’s the encounter wizard mode?

Why don't you post this in several threads, that way you'll get a faster answer

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Correct. Encounters MWM.

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

... family and friends favorite...

Paging joelbob !

#1827 2 years ago

There does seem to be a lot of mandos for sale, but Im still anxiously awaiting my premium. I think many just saw how awesome godzilla looks and needed to free up money/space. Luckily I now have new found room having given away my 9 foot pool table so I have mando, godzilla, and maiden coming soon. Whats going on with Mando production anyways? I was a day one premium buyer and still no word. A few weeks ago my distrib said it should be a few weeks.

#1828 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

There does seem to be a lot of mandos for sale, but Im still anxiously awaiting my premium. I think many just saw how awesome godzilla looks and needed to free up money/space. Luckily I now have new found room having given away my 9 foot pool table so I have mando, godzilla, and maiden coming soon. Whats going on with Mando production anyways? I was a day one premium buyer and still no word. A few weeks ago my distrib said it should be a few weeks.

I've got a premium coming in '22.. came across a premium on location last weekend in Pittsburgh (at Kickback Pinball Cafe) and forced myself NOT to play it, not wanting to spoil the magic of unboxing day. I will say the machine looked a LOT more substantial and impressive in person than it has in pictures/streams. Got me even more excited than I was before.

#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I've got a premium coming in '22.. came across a premium on location last weekend in Pittsburgh at (Kickback Pinball Cafe) and forced myself NOT to play it, not wanting to spoil the magic of unboxing day. I will say the machine looked a LOT more substantial and impressive in person than it has in pictures/streams. Got me even more excited than I was before.

Heh Im the same way. I had a chance to play a few games on a PRO at TNT a few months ago and forced myself to stop. Want the better home experience when it comes.

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What I'm going to say is controversial, but I think this game has a better layout than Maiden. Don't get me wrong, you'll love Maiden and it's a very different game. But the design doesn't hang together as good as Mando (minus the upper post).

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The second Mando premium run was planned for Oct.

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Was...or still IS?

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Let's hope it still is planned for Oct

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

May I ask: Where did you get this information from? Only "rumor"?

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from XStone:

May I ask: Where did you get this information from? Only "rumor"?

From my distributor. I ordered the day that Deadflip hosted the Mando gameplay reveal and was told I’d be in the second Prem production wave planned for Oct.

I asked again last week for confirmation on the timeline and was told that everything is on track as far as he’s heard from Stern.

Some other folks, in this thread or the hype thread, we’re also told about an Oct. Prem wave, so information seems consistent.

#1836 2 years ago

Absolutely love this game but the right ramp rejects on my premium are killing me. Ball appears to constantly hit the airball protector on the right ramp and roll back down Anyone remove their airball protector? Seems dangerous.

#1837 2 years ago

I have the same issue. I wouldn't remove it but maybe loosen it a bit?

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I have the same issue. I wouldn't remove it but maybe loosen it a bit?

Raise it with a couple of spacers worked like a charm, rejects from the left are my trouble, then when your too clean you get bounce back off the diverter even with dead stop foam on it.

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

What I'm going to say is controversial, but I think this game has a better layout than Maiden. Don't get me wrong, you'll love Maiden and it's a very different game. But the design doesn't hang together as good as Mando (minus the upper post).

Well see but layout isnt everything. AIQ has a better layout than JP but I like JP more due to code and the whole package. Luckily I have both mando and IM coming, and Godzilla....I have a problem

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Raise it with a couple of spacers worked like a charm, rejects from the left are my trouble, then when your too clean you get bounce back off the diverter even with dead stop foam on it.

Never thought of that idea. Duh. Lol
Thanks!!!

#1841 2 years ago

Is the adjustment for the right ramp from the bottom supposed to help with the airballs? I’m not an expert on how much spring should be in that flap though.

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Well see but layout isnt everything. AIQ has a better layout than JP but I like JP more due to code and the whole package. Luckily I have both mando and IM coming, and Godzilla....I have a problem

I didn't say it was a better game, but there is more going on with the layout (minus the upper post), and definitely more flow.

As an overall package Mando is shaping up well. The integration of the theme is first class, the gameplay feels intense and I like the structure. All just needs a spit and polish.

Finished 'Deceive the Magistrate' for the first time today, great buzz!

#1843 2 years ago

Finally received my Stern Mando shooter rod. The quality is... absolutely awful? I'm not sure if they're going for an intentionally distressed look, but it sure looks and feels bad.

As a comparison point, this was taking so long to get I recently picked up one of the Hooked on Pinball ones (which I think is a mod of this Etsy ball - https://www.etsy.com/listing/752909526/its-not-a-toy-razor-crest-baby-yoda-knob). Absolutely beautiful.

PXL_20210930_004240525 (resized).jpgPXL_20210930_004240525 (resized).jpgPXL_20210930_004302806 (resized).jpgPXL_20210930_004302806 (resized).jpg
#1844 2 years ago

Hi All
Been playing the Pro, hitting the left ramp, goes round to the mini playfield, no issues. Now playing the LE, hitting the left ramp, and it bounces back off the silver mech at the top (sorry, not sure what you call it), then just comes back down the left ramp (doesn't happen all the time btw). Anyone seen this issue, any fixes out there??
Thanks in advance.

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Finally received my Stern Mando shooter rod. The quality is... absolutely awful? I'm not sure if they're going for an intentionally distressed look, but it sure looks and feels bad.
As a comparison point, this was taking so long to get I recently picked up one of the Hooked on Pinball ones (which I think is a mod of this Etsy ball - https://www.etsy.com/listing/752909526/its-not-a-toy-razor-crest-baby-yoda-knob). Absolutely beautiful.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They said in the reveal stream it’s supposed to have that distressed look

#1846 2 years ago

Yikes.

Quoted from Happy81724:

They said in the reveal stream it’s supposed to have that distressed look

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good to know the accessories are being shipped out, at least. I think I like the distressed look, but the blue paint on the end is kind of sloppy. Would like to have seen a distressed version of the HookedOnPinball rod; kind of a best of both worlds situation, since the blue coloring on that one looks more “realistic.”

Has anybody else heard confirmation of these from their distributors? I’m on a list for one, but haven’t heard anything just yet.

#1848 2 years ago

I guess you could just take the Hooked on Pinball one and kick it around on the driveway for a bit...

Quoted from JStoltz:

Good to know the accessories are being shipped out, at least. I think I like the distressed look, but the blue paint on the end is kind of sloppy. Would like to have seen a distressed version of the HookedOnPinball rod; kind of a best of both worlds situation, since the blue coloring on that one looks more “realistic.”
Has anybody else heard confirmation of these from their distributors? I’m on a list for one, but haven’t heard anything just yet.

#1849 2 years ago

Playing co-op mode, we reached "you have what I want", but nothing happening up on the mini playing, red lights just flashing... targets responding to hits, BUG??

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I angled the catch more towards the front of the machine with dead stop neoprene type material (I linked to it many, many pages ago) and I haven't had a single reject since on our LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.