IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 156.
#1 2 years ago

The games are landing - and I don't see a club thread in the search... so here goes!

Our game landed yesterday and setup without any problems. Opened it up, cleaned the balls, and went right into play!

4E785B38-A07B-4169-BDB4-F4D04C318DA1 (resized).jpeg4E785B38-A07B-4169-BDB4-F4D04C318DA1 (resized).jpeg9701CA02-9AD2-44BF-8D1C-2F30FDEC13D1 (resized).jpeg9701CA02-9AD2-44BF-8D1C-2F30FDEC13D1 (resized).jpegF758DD4A-0F65-4295-B67D-9A1D49F10B5B (resized).jpegF758DD4A-0F65-4295-B67D-9A1D49F10B5B (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

One thing we heard from another op who setup their game yesterday... it looks like the opto at the feed to the mini playfield might be a bit suspect. And some rubbing on the swinging target. I'll try to take a closer look at the game today.

#3 2 years ago

I guess they finally deleted the other one. People start like 5 clubs when they pay the deposit, lol! Glad that you’ve actually got it in hand! Thanks for sticking to the rules.

I bet it’s gonna earn like a monster!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I guess they finally deleted the other one. People start like 5 clubs when they pay the deposit, lol! Glad that you’ve actually got it in hand! Thanks for sticking to the rules.
I bet it’s gonna earn like a monster!

It's a quick one for sure!

The mode hole feels like Indiana Jones all over... alot of shots like to bounce out of it (it has a factory metal 'cliffy' like surround). But you can backhand it from the left flipper a bit more reliably.

I probably should watch deadflip's stream again... there can be alot going on!

#5 2 years ago

Only locations getting them at this time. So many people want to be the "CLUB" thread author. Pretty funny.

#6 2 years ago

On the crossing ramps... they are pretty in your face as you look at the game, but I didn't really notice a problem with them blocking views during play except the right right. That area with the 3 blue scope shots is pretty hard to see. I don't think they are all that ugly, and would have a hard time justifying a few hundred to replace them. Maybe once they get really dirty my mind would change

Walk up players should like the ease of starting multi ball.. the center lane/ramp shot is pretty easy to shoot. You'd think you MIGHT be able to backhand the left ramp... but its so tall, and I just don't think the geometry is quite there.

The 'dying power' on the upper flipper is a bit wonky right now. Wish there was maybe more audio or visual feedback on it happening. Tho I definitely felt it's impact. The mini PF was fun to try to complete.

I setup the game at about 6.8 deg mainly because that's where my first guess on the levelers put it and I didn't change it. The only shot that I think would be at risk for too steep is the tall left ramp.. but I still made it up there pretty reliably.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Only locations getting them at this time.

Ops are people too

#8 2 years ago

I heard a straight shot to the u turn is trouble.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn’t notice this on the one I played. I only put 6 games on or so though. It comes back fast, but not an automatic drain or anything.

#10 2 years ago

Any more broken left ramps?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No obvious SDTM returns in our play so far. But honestly that area is so covered I'd probably have a hard time telling you exactly what was hit

You can short plunge into the encounter mini-pf too.. tho it didn't really seem adventagous to do so.. I didn't get anything special for it and the points were not great for 'sneaky encounter' as it calls it.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can short plunge into the encounter mini-pf too.

Very advantagous as target hits add up as a secret encounter value of some sort.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Very advantagous as target hits add up as a secret encounter value of some sort.

I'm still trying to make sense of that though. There didn't seem to be any objective or carry over or progress from it. You scored for hitting the targets and would get something on the order of 50-60k or so.. but when I did finish it.. it didn't seem to be any big payoff or reward. Its like 'heres some pitance points.. move along'. And doing it multiple times on different plunges didn't seem to have any cumulative or additive value.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm still trying to make sense of that though. There didn't seem to be any objective or carry over or progress from it. You scored for hitting the targets and would get something on the order of 50-60k or so.. but when I did finish it.. it didn't seem to be any big payoff or reward. Its like 'heres some pitance points.. move along'. And doing it multiple times on different plunges didn't seem to have any cumulative or additive value.

What code is shipped on the pros? .91 or .95? .96 dropped today and mentioned the addition of the sneaky skill shot in .95 - I'm sure more tweaking is in order.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/mando_PRO-0_96-README.txt

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

What code is shipped on the pros? .91 or .95? .96 dropped today and mentioned the addition of the sneaky skill shot in .95 - I'm sure more tweaking is in order.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/mando_PRO-0_96-README.txt

Yeah i was hust coming back to say that. Just updated to .96 (was .91) and there is plenty of reason for the sneaky encounter now. Big points possible

#16 2 years ago

So a thing to watch for… the hanging target can actually impact the mini pcb that measures the target.

4B67AACC-CB26-4EF7-BB2A-6276AA741794 (resized).png4B67AACC-CB26-4EF7-BB2A-6276AA741794 (resized).png

The slop in the mount allows the pin on the swing arm to actually contact the board. Will have to see what stern says about it.

Oh and the divertor on the center ramp was almost completely loose after 1 day. Just a screw to tighten, but it looks like it screws into plastic. (The plunger tip)

#17 2 years ago

We had some streamers tonight on our game - https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1057455576

Game performed flawlessly.

Think there are some software issues still. If you get a weak left ramp that drops to the mini pf instead of making it to the return… the game doesn’t seem to know you made it to the mini pf and does nothing on the mini pf. We had one time we swore the ball save on the outlane didn’t register but that could have gone either way.

If anyone knows how the playfield multipliers work… please speak up!

It seems sometimes completing an objective will boost the multiplier… but we had a hard time getting it past +1x

#18 2 years ago

When are games supposed to go out to people that preordered for the first run of games? Are pros first followed by LE’s?

#19 2 years ago

Distributor said le starts shipping next week into following so we are close. Shooter rod is august (already paid).

#20 2 years ago

Hello pinball friends,
The company KMS Handels GmbH, the exclusive Stern Pinball importer for Germany, presents together with WeLovePinball the newest Cornerstone Pinball from Stern Pinball "The Mandalorian" in the Pro Version.
It starts already on Friday from 7pm. However, this is only a discussion and Q&A session.Live play is already on Saturday from 2 p.m. CET.

Here I have the great pleasure to welcome the reigning pinball world champion Johannes Ostermeier as special guest. I am sure that he will be able to push the pinball to the limit and provide you with great gameplay scenes. After the gameplay stream we will also do a Q&A stream for an hour where you can ask us about the pinball and we will draw our conclusion. Sunday morning there will be a small mini-gameplay stream for all those who don't want to miss the European Championship games.We are looking forward to you and the Mandalorian and we also have some giveaways, which we will raffle to the viewers.
Here is the link to the stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/welovepinball

So.... check out the German premiere of Stern Pinball´s The Mandalorian with the pinball world champion, The Mandalorian & Grogu!
See ya
Simon
WeLovePinball

https://www.facebook.com/stefan.rede.5/posts/4263122017071818?notif_id=1623848245048734&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

201470945_1157762618075955_7814065529263991265_n (resized).jpg201470945_1157762618075955_7814065529263991265_n (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago

Mine is currently on its way, hoping to have it by Friday!

#22 2 years ago

Anyone with a pro able to post the rubber schematics from the manual? Manual isn’t on sterns website yet and I’d like to get a titan order- ready for my pro when it arrives.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Anyone with a pro able to post the rubber schematics from the manual? Manual isn’t on sterns website yet and I’d like to get a titan order- ready for my pro when it arrives.

Ohhh! Can I come and play?

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Remind me again in a couple of days if you haven't gotten it already and I'll send you what you need

#25 2 years ago

What, no poll? What kind of owner’s thread is this…

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Ohhh! Can I come and play?

Most definitely! Orange powdercoat and pin woofer at the ready also for when it arrives!

#27 2 years ago

I set up ours on location on Monday. I noticed that the ball doesn't always feed cleanly to the upper flipper - sometimes it just dribbles out with no way to hit it.

I think I measured the pitch by the flippers to be around 6.7. Is the pitch the issue? Anyone else have this problem?

#28 2 years ago

Got my shipping update saying tomorrow afternoon for my pro.

#29 2 years ago

So what are the options for side art blades? Any other companies beside stern making them? Thanks

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So what are the options for side art blades? Any other companies beside stern making them? Thanks

Wizard is making some decent ones that have Gina Carino

#31 2 years ago

I’m getting my location pro tomorrow afternoon. Will have it out at the brewery for everyone to enjoy! Looking forward to it

#32 2 years ago

Got mine today. A lot to take in, but those people worried about voice assets, they have a ton.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I set up ours on location on Monday. I noticed that the ball doesn't always feed cleanly to the upper flipper - sometimes it just dribbles out with no way to hit it.
I think I measured the pitch by the flippers to be around 6.7. Is the pitch the issue? Anyone else have this problem?

It's just about how much energy the ball has coming into the mini PF. You don't get a full feed to the meat of the flipper all the time. A bit of umph/slack is often needed to get the initial contact. I see it as just part of the play of the mini.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

What, no poll? What kind of owner’s thread is this…

Poll asking what?

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

manual? what manual? They are online only these days.

#36 2 years ago

Sounds like I'm in the first run of premiums in July!

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

manual? what manual? They are online only these days.

My last 2 NIB this year came with paper manuals, figured this was still a thing.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm in that same boat too

#39 2 years ago

Has anyone designed some nice custom apron cards for this pin yet? I've search around, but have come up empty. As some/many may know, I do a ton of custom cards for a variety of pins myself. However, if there are good pre-existing ones out there I don't necessarily go to that effort.

I have an idea for the title card based upon the backglass art, but haven't come up with an instruction card design yet. Would an owner please post a pic of the OEM instruction card, so I can at least know what is on it?

#40 2 years ago

Waiting for my LE!

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Quoted from GoodOmens:

I'm in that same boat too

Me three!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone designed some nice custom apron cards for this pin yet? I've search around, but have come up empty. As some/many may know, I do a ton of custom cards for a variety of pins myself. However, if there are good pre-existing ones out there I don't necessarily go to that effort.
I have an idea for the title card based upon the backglass art, but haven't come up with an instruction card design yet. Would an owner please post a pic of the OEM instruction card, so I can at least know what is on it?

You can pause the YouTube video I made for my lenticular and grab the text if that helps...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/4#post-6303303

#43 2 years ago

That upper playfield is a bit of a pain on the initial feed. Sometimes the ball hits the plastic and dribbles down just short of the tip of the flipper. I think the natural reaction is to try to flip to hit it instead of trusting to hit the flipper. Had better luck in later games just trusting the ball would go to the flipper.

#44 2 years ago

Woohoo first unboxing for me!!

This is sweet!!!!

Almost freaked out cuz nothing lit up til I reminded my buddy the door has to be closed! Lol

B50D069C-9540-4D8A-AD07-FFBE84B2AE09.jpegB50D069C-9540-4D8A-AD07-FFBE84B2AE09.jpeg
F49279DD-4D15-4F8E-94FE-9BA5659107BE.jpegF49279DD-4D15-4F8E-94FE-9BA5659107BE.jpeg
0EF98119-C3FD-42AA-BC37-5EC7DE6B80C7.jpeg0EF98119-C3FD-42AA-BC37-5EC7DE6B80C7.jpeg1E5B14A1-BFD8-47D1-8A03-1CB313F0B748.jpeg1E5B14A1-BFD8-47D1-8A03-1CB313F0B748.jpegE626DC95-71CF-4E8C-8F8B-C82E164EF8FB.jpegE626DC95-71CF-4E8C-8F8B-C82E164EF8FB.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

#45 2 years ago

It was funny when they unboxed mine to load it in my truck I looked at the decal at the bottom and thought it was ripped because of the black ground at the bottom edge.

#46 2 years ago

Finally! An official owners thread, I consider myself an owner when I pay in full, which was a while ago. Distro says end of month for LE possibly. Can't wait!

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Woohoo first unboxing for me!!
This is sweet!!!!
Almost freaked out cuz nothing lit up til I reminded my buddy the door has to be closed! Lol
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is going on location on Monday! They’re closed this weekend.

#48 2 years ago

Still awaiting the first owner. Few more weeks it seems. You gave us hope Isochronic_Frost Well played.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Still awaiting the first owner. Few more weeks it seems. You gave us hope Isochronic_Frost Well played.

Mine is being delivered Monday for home use. I think there are a few others that have posted as well

#50 2 years ago

Fed ex pushed me back to Monday. I’ll post when I get it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.