IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 156.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You can use a fiber washer and snip a wedge out of it to slide it around the guide post without having to remove the guide. Here's what I did on my JP2:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

Solid tip! I certainly wasn't looking forward to disassembly just for this.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I can never find fiber washers at ACE hardware. I’ve looked for this reason.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are they light pipes like the tron kits?

I think the Tron lights are El wire, but am not really sure what they used. these are led tube lights.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You dont have even need a washer, just loosen the nut underneath holding it on, tap the screw up and the guide will rise. Don't retighten the nut. It won't fall back down again.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Chipping spotted on my routed game that's been on location less than 2 weeks.
[quoted image]

The big question is will Stern ever stop over tightening these ball guides?

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You dont have even need a washer, just loosen the nut underneath holding it on, tap the screw up and the guide will rise. Don't retighten the nut. It won't fall back down again.

Yep, biggest thing is to get the end of a ball guide lifted a bit off the surface of the playfield. Adding a washer under the guide post or mylar on the playfield under the end of the raised ball guide can also be done for added protection/stability, but the main thing is to get the end of a guide off the surface of the playfield otherwise it will scrape it up when the ball hits it. Was an issue in spots on JP2 and on AIQ also, but pretty easy to prevent if you do it right away.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think the Tron lights are El wire, but am not really sure what they used. these are led tube lights.

Thx

Tron kits are light tubes. Two light blocks are mounted below the PF.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think they're doing a better job of it than they had been. On AIQ vs. JP2 you can see the guides on AIQ were redesigned so they don't have a bottom edge of the guide resting on the playfield for the entire length of the guide and the ends of most guides were raised off the playfield. They also put washers around a couple end guide posts on my new EHOH, so they're definitely at least working to do better on it. Still not perfect and they appear to have missed a spot here, but I think it's good to see effort being made to reduce the issue.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thank you for posting that. I just went and checked my game and I could see it would start to do the same thing. Seems stern still has not learned that they are tightening the ball rails down too much and allowing them to dig into the playfields. Washers should be under every single ball rail guide. I did check the rest of the game and the ball rail is raised everywhere except for this spot, which is on the left side of the hairpin turn. To prevent further damage, I loosened the nut underneath a few turns and used a punch to raise the guide. Luckily no paint chipped off. First pic shows it starting to dig in, second pic shows it raised with no damage.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Newb question - what do you mean you used a punch to raise it? I guess I'd need to see the undeside for it to make sense.

#160 2 years ago

Wish I had my phone out to capture it but I think...maybe...possibly? that I had a bug today. I had a mission going but was locked out of multiball. Can't remember what mission it was but Razorcrest was not lit. This wasn't the wizard mode and I didn't have the Razorcrest wizard ready to go. Are there certain missions that cannot stack? Has this happened to anybody else? I played a few games after that and couldn't replicate it so that's why I'm on Pinside seeing if it has happened to anybody else.

#161 2 years ago

Or will they start using washers - my guess is they will once the complaints start coming in. Mind you, the ball guides chipping is not a new problem.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Or will they start using washers - my guess is they will once the complaints start coming in. Mind you, the ball guides chipping is not a new problem.

Been happening since at least Deadpool. Doesn't seem they care if they haven't fixed it by now. Maybe a bit harsh, but there is no excuse for this.

#163 2 years ago

Joined the club! Will be on location shortly. At home to get the tweaks done that all new games purchased get. I'm sure this will quickly become a crowd favourite.

20210625_125603 (resized).jpg20210625_125603 (resized).jpg
#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Been happening since at least Deadpool. Doesn't seem they care if they haven't fixed it by now. Maybe a bit harsh, but there is no excuse for this.

This is the main reason I haven’t bought a nib game in a year so far.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from nick_k:

Wish I had my phone out to capture it but I think...maybe...possibly? that I had a bug today. I had a mission going but was locked out of multiball. Can't remember what mission it was but Razorcrest was not lit. This wasn't the wizard mode and I didn't have the Razorcrest wizard ready to go. Are there certain missions that cannot stack? Has this happened to anybody else? I played a few games after that and couldn't replicate it so that's why I'm on Pinside seeing if it has happened to anybody else.

Did you start ambush? The hit the white arrow mode? (Started by enough shots to the u turn when lit)

#166 2 years ago

Does anybody else have a cracked left ramp on the left hand side? The ram at the 2nd screw from the front of mine is broken, but the ramp seems to be firmly in place. The right side screw came out on mine this weekend, but ramp still seems pretty solid. Was a pain trying to get it screwed back in with the Razor crest in the way so will probably take that off to get is screwed back down tight.

I did notice a bit of a chip by the rail mentioned before so I loosened it so it's not touching the playfield anymore. I put a little piece of mylar over it and not too worried. Can't see it with the plastic ramps in the way anyway!

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Does anybody else have a cracked left ramp on the left hand side? The ram at the 2nd screw from the front of mine is broken, but the ramp seems to be firmly in place. The right side screw came out on mine this weekend, but ramp still seems pretty solid. Was a pain trying to get it screwed back in with the Razor crest in the way so will probably take that off to get is screwed back down tight.
I did notice a bit of a chip by the rail mentioned before so I loosened it so it's not touching the playfield anymore. I put a little piece of mylar over it and not too worried. Can't see it with the plastic ramps in the way anyway!

can you show a pic of where it cracked and I can check my game?

#168 2 years ago

Forgot that I did have pics. You can see I raised the rail by the chip.

4805552C-80B2-40B2-927C-86F234411FFE (resized).png4805552C-80B2-40B2-927C-86F234411FFE (resized).png820DF079-14C4-4EFA-97A4-547CCFECBF32 (resized).png820DF079-14C4-4EFA-97A4-547CCFECBF32 (resized).png
#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Forgot that I did have pics. You can see I raised the rail by the chip. [quoted image][quoted image]

Be sure to raise the other end to I noticed it was starting to cut into the clear.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Be sure to raise the other end to I noticed it was starting to cut into the clear.

I just checked the other side of the ball guide and while it wasn't digging in, it was touching the playfield and I could not slip a piece of paper under it. I decided that was enough and removed the guide and put a washer under each side of it. It's really easy to remove that ball guide.

1. Remove the two screws on the top of the ramp that connect to the two hex posts. This will free the ramp.
2. Remove the two hex posts (and washers underneath the hex posts) and this will then free the plastic so you can access the ball guide.
3. Lift the playfield and remove the two nuts and washers holding the ball guide in place.
4. Gently tap the screws to loosen them so it will be easier to pull the ball guide out.
5. Lower the playfield and pull the ball guide out.
6. Add two small washers and reinstall.

took me less than 10 minutes.

#171 2 years ago

Just some stuff I'm working on, stormtrooper transport and the foundry which is in early development, it will have some sort of led in it.

20210621_225810 (resized).jpg20210621_225810 (resized).jpg20210621_225826 (resized).jpg20210621_225826 (resized).jpg20210621_225943 (resized).jpg20210621_225943 (resized).jpg20210627_211019 (resized).jpg20210627_211019 (resized).jpg20210627_211038 (resized).jpg20210627_211038 (resized).jpgThe_Armorer (resized).pngThe_Armorer (resized).png

#172 2 years ago

anyone elses ramp diverter break in half already? any quick fix ideas?

mando broke (resized).jpgmando broke (resized).jpg
#173 2 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

anyone elses ramp diverter break in half already? any quick fix ideas?
[quoted image]

1) Epoxy/jbweld - but you don't have a large amount of contact area. Weld, if you have the tools.
2) Get in touch with Stern asap to get a replacement sent.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) Epoxy/jbweld - but you don't have a large amount of contact area. Weld, if you have the tools.
2) Get in touch with Stern asap to get a replacement sent.

i emailed stern, they aren't answering phone tech.

#175 2 years ago

Played the pro on location for the first time yesterday. The left ramp was rejecting balls at the top - looked like maybe the diverter wasn't completely closed. Anybody else seen this happen before? I reported it to the operator but had to leave so didn't see what the fix was.

I have a premium on order and am excited to get it. The clear plastic ramps really annoyed me due to visibility.

#176 2 years ago

Tron lights are fiber optic tubing with an led source

Quoted from Lermods:

#177 2 years ago

As far as the chipping caused by the guide lane is it worth contacting Stern?

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Yes it will get worse.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Forgot that I did have pics. You can see I raised the rail by the chip. [quoted image][quoted image]

Not good already. Is your ramp diverter broken yet?

#180 2 years ago

No. Seems pretty solid when I checked it.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Played the pro on location for the first time yesterday. The left ramp was rejecting balls at the top - looked like maybe the diverter wasn't completely closed. Anybody else seen this happen before? I reported it to the operator but had to leave so didn't see what the fix was.
I have a premium on order and am excited to get it. The clear plastic ramps really annoyed me due to visibility.

yes its happening on most of them and the diverter will break like ours did.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I’ve seen the cracked ramp twice now I believe. I think Tommy Skinner posted in one of the threads that his did it and a new ramp was being ordered in for it

#183 2 years ago

I gotta say these posts are giving me some pause on this game. I understand that all machines require regular maintenance but this seems like a ton of early issues with minimal plays

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I gotta say these posts are giving me some pause on this game. I understand that all machines require regular maintenance but this seems like a ton of early issues with minimal plays

Go and read the Alien thread for a reality check.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Unfortunately this happens on a lot of the releases and they will fix it on later runs. That’s why being first for a pro or even le isn’t always great.

Tmnt le had diverter issues
Lz the electro spinner failed to spin
Stranger things the up post was coming out
Avengers the cross ramp the ball kept falling and any man lane guide caused chipping

Those are just the recent ones I’m thinking of but it’s not uncommon for something to happen. I’m in on a LE but won’t be shocked if there are issues. I just hope they address them quickly and it’s minimal

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I wouldn't say concerning. Seems to be two primary issues - one is tweak anyone should check before setting up (annoying) and the other is on par with what appears to be a bad set of parts where the weld is popping. Hopefully on that Stern will correct on both accounts.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I wouldn't say concerning. Seems to be two primary issues - one is tweak anyone should check before setting up (annoying) and the other is on par with what appears to be a bad set of parts where the weld is popping. Hopefully on that Stern will correct on both accounts.

Yeah i get what you’re saying. Mine was supposed to get here last week and had to be refused due to shipping damages. Now it’s going through the repair process up at Stern but I’m starting to wonder if i should have just waited for the kinks to be ironed out in later runs

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Nah - this is pretty typical and the issues being found so far are readily addressable.

Every title has them... when you are on the leading edge and watching.

Led Zep has problems with the lifting spinner mech
Jurrasic Park had issues with the rotating truck and captive ball
Stranger Things had magnet-toy issues and moving ramp issues

etc etc

The critical point is how easy things are to resolve or if they are lingering issues. So far, nothing stands out as 'how/when will they be able to fix THAT?'.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just checked the other side of the ball guide and while it wasn't digging in, it was touching the playfield and I could not slip a piece of paper under it. I decided that was enough and removed the guide and put a washer under each side of it. It's really easy to remove that ball guide.
1. Remove the two screws on the top of the ramp that connect to the two hex posts. This will free the ramp.
2. Remove the two hex posts (and washers underneath the hex posts) and this will then free the plastic so you can access the ball guide.
3. Lift the playfield and remove the two nuts and washers holding the ball guide in place.
4. Gently tap the screws to loosen them so it will be easier to pull the ball guide out.
5. Lower the playfield and pull the ball guide out.
6. Add two small washers and reinstall.
took me less than 10 minutes.

Just completed this on our game… thank you for taking the time to write it out so i knew i had time to get it done today!

Super easy and highly recommend all owners do this. I used simple M5 washers i had in my toolbox. They are nice and wide throat so they sit under the tapered bolt well.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

This is what the pf looked like.

1060C80B-8ADA-4535-AD5E-B24BBA97953C (resized).jpeg1060C80B-8ADA-4535-AD5E-B24BBA97953C (resized).jpeg
B0E2AFE9-58F4-44B6-BDDE-CED9E2EF7AAB (resized).jpegB0E2AFE9-58F4-44B6-BDDE-CED9E2EF7AAB (resized).jpeg

And what it looks like after…
976E4EF1-0895-47A8-96BB-F283D68F9C30 (resized).jpeg976E4EF1-0895-47A8-96BB-F283D68F9C30 (resized).jpeg

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just completed this on our game… thank you for taking the time to write it out so i knew i had time to get it done today!
Super easy and highly recommend all owners do this. I used simple M5 washers i had in my toolbox. They are nice and wide throat so they sit under the tapered bolt well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the detailed photos

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I think you are talking about when the diverter comes down for encounters but it hits the bend and bounces back out and down the ramp. I fixed that on mine with some deadener (dynamat). I haven't had the issue since but I'm monitoring it.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Glad it was helpful. I have no idea how stern is letting games go out the door like this, but after the ant man scoop, it’s really disappointing. The clear coat is good, no pooling, but any time you drive a metal wedge into a clear coat finish it’s going to cause issues. the fix is so simple.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Absolutely, you should contact stern. If for nothing else, they catch it at the factory and other games going out don’t suffer the same problem.

I will file my own ticket so they are aware.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Glad it was helpful. I have no idea how stern is letting games go out the door like this, but after the ant man scoop, it’s really disappointing. The clear coat is good, no pooling, but any time you drive a metal wedge into a clear coat finish it’s going to cause issues. the fix is so simple.

This is ridiculous. Why would they keep doing this. I have a new JP2 playfield coming. Ball guides are driven like someone hammered them in.

#195 2 years ago

This is ridiculous. Why would they keep doing this. I have a new JP2 playfield coming. Ball guides are driven like someone hammered them in.

Its only a risk where ball guides don’t use flanges

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, I did it too after you said it was easy. After AIQ, DP, and JP my motivation to do it again was low but this was a very easy job.

#197 2 years ago

Watch out for the ship... the guns can be fragile... it must be italian IMG_1022 (resized).jpgIMG_1022 (resized).jpg.

#198 2 years ago

My Mando just died... I played tonight, had a few good games, my wife walks up to play it and it freezes. I turn it off, then turn it back on... nothing... black. I try again... I give it time and turn the switch back on... still nothing. I open the back box, the two bottom LEDs on the cpu aren’t lit.

I have no idea how to work on modern games... I check the one fuse, it looks good. I go to put it back in and the damn fuse holder won’t turn and lock... eventually I realize the cap is twisting while the actual fuse isn’t moving... so it won’t lock. Ugh now I’m so damn frustrated.... I’ve been loving the game... it’s so fun... and until tonight I’ve never had an issue with any of my NIB sterns. I guess probability caught up to me.

I’ll reach out to my distributor and stern tomorrow. But I’m not going to sleep well tonight.

#199 2 years ago

Finally got the damn fuse locked back in... one more try... still no VA or VNB lights on the CPU. I guess I’ll be awaiting a new CPU from stern.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Watch out for the ship... the guns can be fragile... it must be italian [quoted image].

???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Essex, VT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Helena, AL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.