IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 156.
#251 2 years ago

Ran upon an issue that was unique to say the least on a location pro machine. Went to play the game and the screen was completely off / black but the PF lights were on but not cycling like attract mode usually does. Game uses a card reader for credits so swiped card though, looked up and the screen turned windows blue and no credit was rung up. Phoned the operator and let them know what was going on. UNder op's instruction I turned game off, waited 10-20seconds and turned it back on. Game came back on and everything appeared fine video screen and pf light wise. Credited the game and hit start. Game worked fine the rest of the visit. Issue reported to stern.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Ran upon an issue that was unique to say the least on a location pro machine. Went to play the game and the screen was completely off / black but the PF lights were on but not cycling like attract mode usually does. Game uses a card reader for credits so swiped card though, looked up and the screen turned windows blue and no credit was rung up. Phoned the operator and let them know what was going on. UNder op's instruction I turned game off, waited 10-20seconds and turned it back on. Game came back on and everything appeared fine video screen and pf light wise. Credited the game and hit start. Game worked fine the rest of the visit. Issue reported to stern.

Typical customer service for everything. Turn it off, wait 39 seconds, and turn it back on again.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Typical customer service for everything. Turn it off, wait 39 seconds, and turn it back on again.

Forgot to blow on it.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

first game back and I nearly beat the game! 565 million... completed all missions (won 4) completed all multiballs and both of their wizard modes... finished two encounters and drained trying to light the third.

That’s a bit of a worry.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Someone on FB was giving impressions of playing a mando premium. Can that be right? Have they even shipped an LE yet?

Jack Danger played a Premium on launch. Not sure if that was a prototype or they may have done a small run up front or with the LE’s for dealers with showrooms?

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Does anyone on this thread have a Pro with zero issues at this point? Not trying to be snarky I just genuinely want to hear about the good experiences so far

Roll the dice!

snake eyes.gifsnake eyes.gif
#257 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I recommend local places. Just search up powdercoating and find someone local. The place I go to is all of 3 miles from my house.
I go to Prismaticpowders and search through colors. I add swatches to my cart. They will overnight them to you for under $10. I have about 20 orange variation swatches. I took them to an arcade to color match on a Mando Pro (I know that the Premium is far more brown, but I assume the orange colors are the same).
I choose my color and take that swatch that I chose along with my parts to my local powdercoater. They charge me $200 for the more complex colors (2 stage) and $175 (single stage) for the simpler colors.
This includes:
- Legs
- Side rails
- Lockdown bar
- Coin door
- Hinges
- Shooter housing
- Barrel spring (this one is overkill as you can barely see it)
There are people that do it via shipping, but honestly that price to ship will make this well over $400 and add time. My local person is usually done in a about 10 days.
I do a few other things myself. For example, I take all of the bolts from the front of the cab (4 carriage bolts for the coin door and 2 for the lockdown assembly) and spray paint the heads gloss black. Sometimes I will do that to the leg bolts. For other games, I go to pinball-mods and buy anodized leg bolts. So on my games, JP and SW have the gloss black leg bolts. TMNT and STh have green and purple leg bolts respectively. On IM, I spray painted them yellow which I don't like that much. It isn't enough to make me rush to change it, so I've dragged my feet. Alternately, you can have the leg bolts powdercoated as well but I wanted mine to contrast a bit so that they stand out.

Thanks for the overview. We have a powder coater locally that charges about the same and has done a great job on Williams stainless parts. I do have a question regarding Stern texture coated parts. Do you strip them (bead blast) ahead of sending to powder or do they do that as part of the cost you mentioned?

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Thanks for the overview. We have a powder coater locally that charges about the same and has done a great job on Williams stainless parts. I do have a question regarding Stern texture coated parts. Do you strip them (bead blast) ahead of sending to powder or do they do that as part of the cost you mentioned?

My powdercoater sand blasts the parts and that is part of the $200.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

My powdercoater sand blasts the parts and that is part of the $200.

Got to know. I need to ask mine about that I’m sure it will add cost but shouldn’t too be much.

#262 2 years ago

The Foundry is now available

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mandalorian-foundrymod

The_Armorer (resized).pngThe_Armorer (resized).png20210702_101735 (resized).jpg20210702_101735 (resized).jpg20210702_101850 (resized).jpg20210702_101850 (resized).jpg
#263 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice job.

#265 2 years ago

Does this have a line out for a sub or do you still need the pinnovators adapter?

#266 2 years ago

After hearing about some diverters breaking, I took a quick look at mine. It was very loose with a lot of back and forth play. I tightened up the screw on top and most of the play is gone. Not sure if it will help, but we will see.

Game needs a lot more code, very repetitive and pretty basic from what I can tell. Hoping next revisions make the game come alive more.

#267 2 years ago

Not sure this game will receive a "lot more code" anyday...the most of it is here i guess

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game needs a lot more code,

It’s a Dwight game. They get to the finish line pretty quick usually. It’s pretty much complete already with some scoring balancing, bugs, and maybe another feature or two before it’s done done I would say.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a Dwight game. They get to the finish line pretty quick usually. It’s pretty much complete already with some scoring balancing, bugs, and maybe another feature or two before it’s done done I would say.

Yeah, I believe I remember hearing Dwight mention (during the FlipNOut stream he was a part of) that he wants to get the game to 1.0 really soon so he can start work on the next title, meaning that it is pretty much feature complete.

#270 2 years ago

I don’t know what “more code” people want. The game feels pretty feature complete to me.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Finally got the damn fuse locked back in... one more try... still no VA or VNB lights on the CPU. I guess I’ll be awaiting a new CPU from stern.

check the SD card is installed right, pop it out and put it back in.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

first game back and I nearly beat the game! 565 million... completed all missions (won 4) completed all multiballs and both of their wizard modes... finished two encounters and drained trying to light the third.

Quoted from November:

Not sure this game will receive a "lot more code" anyday...the most of it is here i guess

I’m a little concerned the game is too easy. We’ll see I guess.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don’t know what “more code” people want. The game feels pretty feature complete to me.

Feels kind of shallow and repetitive, a bit flat to me. Just doesn't click with me yet. Had same issue with Munsters,.TMNT and star wars, never clicked.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Feels kind of shallow and repetitive, a bit flat to me. Just doesn't click with me yet. Had same issue with Munsters,.TMNT and star wars, never clicked.

Sounds like you’re just not a fan of Dwight’s games. No big deal.

Also, if you ignore the foundry and the breadth of the game, I can totally see how this would seem shallow. Path to the ends of his games are relatively achievable, it’s the stuff you do along the way that’s got the meat.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like you’re just not a fan of Dwight’s games. No big deal.
Also, if you ignore the foundry and the breadth of the game, I can totally see how this would seem shallow. Path to the ends of his games are relatively achievable, it’s the stuff you do along the way that’s got the meat.

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, it's a fun game, just feel like it needs more. Not quite sure what that more is though, maybe it's just the repetition getting to me as I find myself skipping through the animations on screen a lot.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, it's a fun game, just feel like it needs more. Not quite sure what that more is though, maybe it's just the repetition getting to me as I find myself skipping through the animations on screen a lot.

Don’t do that! Turn that setting off and allow yourself to actually watch the cool moments they created.

Start digging into what everything in the foundry does and the best way to use them.

Dive deeper into the encounters to see what great play in those will do for you.

Play games where all you do are side quests (hunter, scope, ambush) and really learn what those are doing for you.

#277 2 years ago

First LE in the wild? Tilt in Minneapolis.

Screenshot_20210702-205116 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210702-205116 (resized).png
#279 2 years ago

After maybe 20 plays from a code perspective it does feel a bit like munsters 2.0 to me which is not a bad thing. You have the 5 main modes to the first mini wizard mode but then also get the 2 other simpler paths to mini wizards and then the final. The foundry adds some nice options for boosts and such. Munsters had 1 mystery you could never get again.

I like that there are several different things to do and really wished munsters had this level of code. I think it feels good, has a nice mix of complexity that new players and kids will love but still apeal to more serious players. Let's face it grogu is drawing kids in and I've seen that first hand on location. It's awesome watching faces light up when they see it.

I remember everyone saying Munsters was simple because Herman multiball was so close to the start button. Ravencrest is just as close but at least there is a bit more when you start it second and third times.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wasn't sure when you posted the prototype but dayumn kid! This is amazing. Great job. If I ever get a Mando I'll be getting this! Well done sir!

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I wasn't sure when you posted the prototype but dayumn kid! This is amazing. Great job. If I ever get a Mando I'll be getting this! Well done sir!

Thanks man I appreciate it, I'll respond to everyone's pms tomorrow, it's been a busy day. Thanks again everyone

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Reeeeally cool!
Does this come with a nib game?

No. Online only.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I remember everyone saying Munsters was simple because Herman multiball was so close to the start button.

Munsters is simple for many other reasons. SJPs and the 5 character modes. That’s all it has outside of Munster madness. There no breadth to Munsters either.

Much more going on in Mando.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Munsters is simple for many other reasons. SJPs and the 5 character modes. That’s all it has outside of Munster madness. There no breadth to Munsters either.
Much more going on in Mando.

That's exactly what I said. It feels like Munsters 2.0 to me. What it should have been. More breadth l

#285 2 years ago

That's exactly what I said. It feels like Munsters 2.0 to me. What it should have been. More breadth l
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e757fe918b81441781efc79b9a564448e9b9c6a5-1625286358-1800"};
//]]>

Ahhh. Sorry misunderstood. Haha

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t do that! Turn that setting off and allow yourself to actually watch the cool moments they created.
Start digging into what everything in the foundry does and the best way to use them.
Dive deeper into the encounters to see what great play in those will do for you.
Play games where all you do are side quests (hunter, scope, ambush) and really learn what those are doing for you.

Thx. I’m going to read the rule sheet and see if I can get into this more. Like I said, it’s a fun game and has that push the start button again type feel, but it’s not a game that gets your heart pumping, hence my comment about it feeling flat. In my collection, I find LZ, AIQ, GnR, and Metallica to be much better at that.

#287 2 years ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f5a20ba921099270aca4da4e675d2f0508ca1bfc-1625318336-1800"};
//]]>

I misunderstood you as well at first. I was worried haha. I already have the Munsters and while I do like it I don’t want another simple game and I already pre ordered a mando premium. I was debating between led zep and mando.

#288 2 years ago

The second paragraph summed up my thoughts. The 5 modes to the first wizard mode feels very much like Munsters to me and is just as attainable. You get 2 more wizard modes for multiballs and the mini playfield which add depth and options. Then the foundry, hunter, scope are good side things to do. There is a good bit to do but still feels based on the core 5 modes and let's face it, the large scores are going to be in how you use the playfield multipliers.

Anyway, I see core similarities. It's not a bad thing.

#289 2 years ago

The second paragraph summed up my thoughts. The 5 modes to the first wizard mode feels very much like Munsters to me and is just as attainable. You get 2 more wizard modes for multiballs and the mini playfield which add depth and options. Then the foundry, hunter, scope are good side things to do. There is a good bit to do but still feels based on the core 5 modes and let's face it, the large scores are going to be in how you use the playfield multipliers.
Anyway, I see core similarities. It's not a bad thing.

Its about the right stacks.

Get a good mission… get your scope and hunter multipliers and cash in with the spider mb… add a flamethrower and wooosh

But its hard to aline all those things

not every game needs to be TWD hard to qualify things.

And if people really think the game is too easy for them, then change the settings.

#290 2 years ago

The one that is kinda frustrating right now is ambush… you can build shot values in it, but its a tough mode for what seems like little payoff right now

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The one that is kinda frustrating right now is ambush… you can build shot values in it, but its a tough mode for what seems like little payoff right now

maybe better suited for the premium with the looping up down scoop ramp? cause each build resets or extends the timer right?

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its about the right stacks.
Get a good mission… get your scope and hunter multipliers and cash in with the spider mb… add a flamethrower and wooosh
But its hard to aline all those things
not every game needs to be TWD hard to qualify things.
And if people really think the game is too easy for them, then change the settings.

I don’t think he’s saying it’s too easy. The code just isn’t that deep. That is just a Dwight Sullivan thing. Fairly basic, straight forward and not too deep. Definitely not a bad thing, just not everyone’s style. We’re spoiled these days with brilliant minds like Keith Elwin, creating games that are very deep and they don’t get dull over time.

The coding definitely does feel like Munsters and tmnt

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I don’t think he’s saying it’s too easy. The code just isn’t that deep. That is just a Dwight Sullivan thing. Fairly basic, straight forward and not too deep. Definitely not a bad thing, just not everyone’s style.

The comment included things like “obtainable”… people get bored because they feel like they’ve done everything there is to do. My comment was highlighting this isn’t always just about what to start… but what to achieve.

BSD is a great example…. The three multiballs are easily obtainable and the vast majority of the game. Too simple and boring right? No… the lure of the game is not just doing a mb… but getting all three together the lucrative stack.

That objective… not just the modes themselves part of the big lure that keeps you coming back

#294 2 years ago

I played a pro again last night for the 2nd time, really liking this game. I got over 800 million, but since I'm still learning the rules I'm not sure how. I think it was the 3rd multiball, I bought it from the foundry. It must be much more valuable than the first 2?

Also, not sure if there's a bug list or this has been discussed but we had an odd one. Friend ended the game with 130 million. It asks for his initials. We were confused because we didn't think it was enough to get in the board. He puts them in and it shows him as encounters champ with 203 million. What? This should probably be reported to stern unless they're already aware

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I played a pro again last night for the 2nd time, really liking this game. I got over 800 million, but since I'm still learning the rules I'm not sure how. I think it was the 3rd multiball, I bought it from the foundry. It must be much more valuable than the first 2?
Also, not sure if there's a bug list or this has been discussed but we had an odd one. Friend ended the game with 130 million. It asks for his initials. We were confused because we didn't think it was enough to get in the board. He puts them in and it shows him as encounters champ with 203 million. What? This should probably be reported to stern unless they're already aware

I saw the same with encounter champ. When testing encounters and sneaky encounters the game awarded me champ at like 430mil for a game that was only like 200mil score total

#296 2 years ago

In the club. Have a premium on order. Hope to have it in August sometime.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I saw the same with encounter champ. When testing encounters and sneaky encounters the game awarded me champ at like 430mil for a game that was only like 200mil score total

I suppose it will get patched in the next update, at least it's not a major issue. I'm going to get in some more games today, it's pretty damn fun to play

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I suppose it will get patched in the next update

How is the code coming along so far? Still super early or did it ship close to done code wise?

#299 2 years ago

#500 has arrived in PA, thanks to Melissa and Chris at CoinTaker!

12D594CC-9730-4AB6-9047-0E80EB922078 (resized).jpeg12D594CC-9730-4AB6-9047-0E80EB922078 (resized).jpeg1D02A4F0-529F-4998-A212-EA421A14F65C (resized).jpeg1D02A4F0-529F-4998-A212-EA421A14F65C (resized).jpeg44899C4C-5864-4DC0-82D9-CD043C7CF8F2 (resized).jpeg44899C4C-5864-4DC0-82D9-CD043C7CF8F2 (resized).jpeg53660C74-AE36-46B7-A6D0-A9E1B016BE49 (resized).jpeg53660C74-AE36-46B7-A6D0-A9E1B016BE49 (resized).jpeg57F0E4CB-8018-466B-A08C-2CD936E856B3 (resized).jpeg57F0E4CB-8018-466B-A08C-2CD936E856B3 (resized).jpeg669D388B-1A31-492C-8667-C58BAED9F36B (resized).jpeg669D388B-1A31-492C-8667-C58BAED9F36B (resized).jpeg75CC2A78-3405-49FF-9E3D-2D6B0788C148 (resized).jpeg75CC2A78-3405-49FF-9E3D-2D6B0788C148 (resized).jpeg7B9CD20C-3D57-4E0D-A068-1DC85A38C50F (resized).jpeg7B9CD20C-3D57-4E0D-A068-1DC85A38C50F (resized).jpegA7976FBE-BFD3-46DA-943C-BBCD5B3BF562 (resized).jpegA7976FBE-BFD3-46DA-943C-BBCD5B3BF562 (resized).jpegD3D0D9A2-CFDC-4C03-AD29-F5D44D07C4FF (resized).jpegD3D0D9A2-CFDC-4C03-AD29-F5D44D07C4FF (resized).jpegD3F7E754-38FF-46D4-8076-FC8616BE7D82 (resized).jpegD3F7E754-38FF-46D4-8076-FC8616BE7D82 (resized).jpegD6DE9C84-D3D3-4497-BBA4-F6F689BF5728 (resized).jpegD6DE9C84-D3D3-4497-BBA4-F6F689BF5728 (resized).jpegE0BB6487-6E20-4B3D-8827-41F403F0D1AB (resized).jpegE0BB6487-6E20-4B3D-8827-41F403F0D1AB (resized).jpegE0C7964C-B993-4059-B823-AEDFAD4D77A0 (resized).jpegE0C7964C-B993-4059-B823-AEDFAD4D77A0 (resized).jpeg
#300 2 years ago

Can't make up my mind if I want a Pro or a Premium. The Premium has more toys, but the Pro has fewer things to break....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.