Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 145.
#1401 6 years ago

The becon looks cool. I can see some sort of topper surrounding it at some point.
I know the lighting is RGB. On my stern I tapped into the negative side of the leds to light some mods interactivity. Is there any place to tap in for toppers etc. like unused outputs that can be future programmed in for mods, toppers, etc.

#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

The becon looks cool. I can see some sort of topper surrounding it at some point.
I know the lighting is RGB. On my stern I tapped into the negative side of the leds to light some mods interactivity. Is there any place to tap in for toppers etc. like unused outputs that can be future programmed in for mods, toppers, etc.

There probably will be. On RZ there is a convenient port that provides 5V and 12V power for any mods you can think of. You can add this expander to provide more outputs:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There probably will be. On RZ there is a convenient port that provides 5V and 12V power for any mods you can think of. You can add this expander to provide more outputs:

That's the Ben Heck ("never heard of the asshole") board though. TnA uses P-ROC. Doesn't mean it won't allow for some extra power sources, but it won't be the same.

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That's the Ben Heck ("never heard of the asshole") board though. TnA uses P-ROC. Doesn't mean it won't allow for some extra power sources, but it won't be the same.

This is true - just a point of reference. I am a firm believer that TNA will support additional mods fairly easily

#1405 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements is a Spooky distributor and is compiling a list of people interested in TNA - no money needed, just an interested list so you get the latest info from us when it is available and when games can be ordered. Same thing for Alice Cooper too...

We also have a Rob Zombie LE and a Rob Zombie Standard - both NIB available if anyone is interested...

Email Joe at [email protected]

#1406 6 years ago

Chris - I have tears in my eyes after seeing that - either it's funny or they are bleeding - I'm not sure which ! LMAO

#1407 6 years ago

I thought RZ was unobtainable when first announced, what's up with that?

#1408 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought RZ was unobtainable when first announced, what's up with that?

You are in fact correct. They had a crazy waiting list for a long time. I think lots of hardcore Rob Zombie fans got on the list and then got sticker shock when they found out the price. A lot of new pins hitting the market so people had more options. The new pinbmarket is why I was able to buy a game direct from Spooky. A guy wanted out so he could buy an AFMr. However I wish I would have just held off and bought a used one. I recently saw a RZ go for $4700. I could have used the savings to fund TNA.

Oh well. I got a RZ which I think is fun as hell. I'm happy but might make me rethink how I go aboutpin buying in the future. The limited number available had me originally thinking I'd never get one

#1409 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Chris - I have tears in my eyes after seeing that - either it's funny or they are bleeding - I'm not sure which ! LMAO

JOe > please submit a photo of you in similar attire so we can decide which Spooky distributor to buy from next

BangerBorat banana hammock is also acceptable.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please submit a photo of you in similar attire so we can decide which Spooky distributor to buy from next
BangerBorat banana hammock is also acceptable

Ok... MODERATOR!!!!

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JOe > please submit a photo of you in similar attire so we can decide which Spooky distributor to buy from next
BangerBorat banana hammock is also acceptable.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ok... MODERATOR!!!!

Gentleman... I think there's potential for a party here

#1412 6 years ago

I'm down

#1414 6 years ago

Where's the old college paddle when you need one?

#1416 6 years ago

Hank?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#1417 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

You are in fact correct. They had a crazy waiting list for a long time. I think lots of hardcore Rob Zombie fans got on the list and then got sticker shock when they found out the price. A lot of new pins hitting the market so people had more options. The new pinbmarket is why I was able to buy a game direct from Spooky. A guy wanted out so he could buy an AFMr. However I wish I would have just held off and bought a used one. I recently saw a RZ go for $4700. I could have used the savings to fund TNA.
Oh well. I got a RZ which I think is fun as hell. I'm happy but might make me rethink how I go aboutpin buying in the future. The limited number available had me originally thinking I'd never get one

What I've learned, people knee jerk, get on the preorder then lots back out at the actual ship. MMR....sold out in 15 min-60 min. THen you could buy one without issue for a while. Star wars le, same thing you can now find canceled ones. It ALWAYS happens. :/

#1418 6 years ago

archer (resized).pngarcher (resized).png

#1419 6 years ago

I cannot unsee...

#1420 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What I've learned, people knee jerk, get on the preorder then lots back out at the actual ship. MMR....sold out in 15 min-60 min. THen you could buy one without issue for a while. Star wars le, same thing you can now find canceled ones. It ALWAYS happens. :/

I think a lot of people were just speculating on Rob Zombie so they could make a quick buck. Then when it was clear it wasn't going to be profitable, everyone dropped out.

Part of the issue might have been not marketing/selling to existing customers first. I know they did the special 50 LE's for AMH buyers that were sold out immediately, but I was an early buyer of AMH but never received one email or communication on Rob Zombie (nor any of their other games like Domino's, Jetson's, etc). I know other people didn't either. Plus you had to put your name on the preorder list before even seeing pictures if I remember correctly, so that also caused the list to be filled up with speculators. I didn't have that much initial interest in RZ (but possibly could have depending on the music/way it looked) but with the list so full I basically wrote it off before I even saw it (and to be fair, I wouldn't have bought the game after seeing it).

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think a lot of people were just speculating on Rob Zombie so they could make a quick buck. Then when it was clear it wasn't going to be profitable, everyone dropped out.
Part of the issue might have been not marketing/selling to existing customers first. I know they did the special 50 LE's for AMH buyers that were sold out immediately, but I was an early buyer of AMH but never received one email or communication on Rob Zombie (nor any of their other games like Domino's, Jetson's, etc). I know other people didn't either. Plus you had to put your name on the preorder list before even seeing pictures if I remember correctly, so that also caused the list to be filled up with speculators. I didn't have that much initial interest in RZ (but possibly could have depending on the music/way it looked) but with the list so full I basically wrote it off before I even saw it (and to be fair, I wouldn't have bought the game after seeing it).

Kinda sounds like an old boys club to get info, first dibs on pre orders, etc.

#1422 6 years ago

I'll be honest, I got in at the back end of the original list for a couple reasons: I love Rob Zombie and I figured even if the game turned out to not be for me, I could likely flip it for more than I bought it for. As I waited for them to work through the list, I watched as TONS of people flipped the game and by the time it got to me, you could buy one off someone (new or used) for considerably less than the pre-order price. I inquired about getting out since I wasn't totally sold on the game, and I could save $500-$1000 by buying someone else's. In the end, I didn't want to stick it to Spooky, so I kept it. Come to find out, it's actually one of my current favs in the collection. I'll be selling a few games to fund some upcoming stuff and RZ is not remotely on the possible sell list, so everything worked out in the end.

I'm glad Spooky is moving to a non-limited, non-refundable deposit model going forward. I hate all the FOMO hysteria when a new game comes out.

Release it.
Let us see it.
Let us make a decision.
Build one for whomever wants one.

If that's was how all of this stuff was done, we'd all have a ton less pinball drama in our lives.

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

damnit, why, why did i click "un-hide"?

Because there's always a chance it could be (female) boobs.

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

On my GB I got a relay board and used the negative side of the playfeild leds to activate my topper. This turnes on lifts based on the playfeild lights. With rgb it's more of a voltage control so that's out. Just thinking a logic out for major events would be cool. Multiball. reactor ready to go. Etc.
I definitely can see some ringed like surround around the becon with effects.

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Where's the old college paddle when you need one?

Have a sorority paddle in the pinball room. In case things gets out of hand.

#1426 6 years ago

A lot has been said about this game already so pardon if I am repeating the chorus... but I think this could be a big hit for Spooky! It may also establish a new pinball genre between EM and modern SS. A "return to form" if you will, much like the retro-indie video game scene did with games like PixelJunk Shooter.

Simple rules + new tech + new ideas. Excited to see this!

#1427 6 years ago

Since the game is titled Total Nuclear Annihilation, I'm wondering if any nuclear capable aircraft will appear in the game?

Asking for a friend.

#1428 6 years ago

There is definitely ballsack in that photo, lol.

#1429 6 years ago

My God. I just don't understand how men ever get laid.

#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

A lot has been said about this game already so pardon if I am repeating the chorus... but I think this could be a big hit for Spooky! It may also establish a new pinball genre between EM and modern SS. A "return to form" if you will, much like the retro-indie video game scene did with games like PixelJunk Shooter.
Simple rules + new tech + new ideas. Excited to see this!

Wait til you see my gamatron

#1431 6 years ago

In not an insider as far as actual production dates go, but my guess is you'll see this game sooner, not later.

#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

my guess is you'll see this game sooner, not later

I'm guessing it will ship with complete code too, not a blank usb stick #starcouldbewars

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

My God. I just don't understand how men ever get laid.

Show me the way

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Show me the way

2 Words.......Swing Boat!

#1435 6 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

2 Words.......Swing Boat!

Swingboat might be one word? Other than than that I am pretty sure you are mostly correct .

#1437 6 years ago

I've heard rumors that Swingboat is not functional this summer. Say it isn't so!

And....... TNA.

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm guessing it will ship with complete code too, not a blank usb stick #starcouldbewars

It will, barring bug fixes, which are inevitable.

#1439 6 years ago

Holy Cow... this weekend I finally got around to watching videos of this baby in action...and this game is SWEET!

Even the wife and daughter were saying that it plays like a winner and they can't wait to see art installed.

Congratulations to Scott and Spooky for making this project happen.

This title WILL be in my lineup. I was thinking my next game might be something else, but Stern just released "Star What?"

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I've heard rumors that Swingboat is not functional this summer. Say it isn't so!
And....... TNA.

It's in business
Just heard a new track for this game and it's awesome

#1441 6 years ago

Did I hear somewhere that the musics for this game was available on Spotify? If so, what is the artist name?

#1442 6 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Did I hear somewhere that the musics for this game was available on Spotify?

Close.. soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/scottdanesi

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Did I hear somewhere that the musics for this game was available on Spotify? If so, what is the artist name?

Hey Guys,
Some of my music in the game is up on Spotify/Google Music/iTunes etc. under my name "Scott Danesi". There is a song called Alpha Particles that is used as the reactor 2 music.

I just posted the reactor 3 preview track on my Soundcloud that Joe linked to above.

More to come soon!

Enjoy!

--Scott

#1444 6 years ago

Yall need to put one of those fancy plasma caps on that pop bumper.

#1445 6 years ago

No

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Guys,
Some of my music in the game is up on Spotify/Google Music/iTunes etc. under my name "Scott Danesi". There is a song called Alpha Particles that is used as the reactor 2 music.
I just posted the reactor 3 preview track on my Soundcloud that Joe linked to above.
More to come soon!
Enjoy!
--Scott

Does that mean there could be different tracks for all 9 reactors? If so.... SWEET! Your music is one of the huge selling points of this pin IMO

#1447 6 years ago

REALLY? Seems to fit the theme nicely....

#1448 6 years ago

What would be REALLY cool, is if the pop bumper power increased based on hitting wrong shots or something. The plasma could get wilder and wilder as the power on the pop bumper went up.

#1449 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Yall need to put one of those fancy plasma caps on that pop bumper

I'm guessing since the pop bumper also has RGB, that it somehow ties to the modes. Plasma looks neat, but it has one color.

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm guessing since the pop bumper also has RGB, that it somehow ties to the modes. Plasma looks neat, but it has one color.

But theres a rainbow one! LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/29?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.