Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (3 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago

No reason to limit a game like this. Sell as many as people will buy within whatever period works for manufacturing.

#169 3 years ago

Deposit sent.

3 weeks later
#394 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Whats total annihilation?

What's search? What's reading some previous posts in this thread?

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

If they have to drop anything in the backbox for cost it should be the LCD display. Keep the individual score displays, maybe make them alpha-numeric so you can do more with them, maybe add another larger one at the bottom center (maybe multi-row even) for messages and status.
Way more retro-cool than a big dumb LCD that only shows a few video clippy things anyway. This simpler game doesn't need an LCD to show all the stats and movies, etc.

Fat chance that will happen!

2 weeks later
#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Although it will always be TA to most of us.

I am liking the TNA abbreviation, I think it'll catch on quickly.

2 weeks later
#1136 2 years ago

Cannot tell if Frax is serious that he cannot tell if serious.

3 weeks later
#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Game looks awesome.
My comment. The play field or somewhere there needs to be an Easter Egg of Lionman!!
Lionman.
Otherwise completely digging this so far.

Already on the backglass

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

what are the release details? Is there a timeline? I'm done with Stern so I'm looking for other NIB pins...

I don't think there's been any timeline proposed yet? MY worthless opinion is some time in 2018 they will begin shipping.

2 weeks later
#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

I love TNA's translite. The art style really appeals to me since I've been on a synthwave kick lately, which has the same aesthetic.

The main character looks like she'd fit in well in the Overwatch universe, which could probably help pull in some younger people to the pinball hobby. This is Tracer from Overwatch, for example.

I definitely thought of Blood Dragon when I saw the translite, which is awesome. That game had a really great feel to the environment and music.

#1361 2 years ago

Oh snaaap

Nice beacon and where's the segment displays?

1 week later
#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

The becon looks cool. I can see some sort of topper surrounding it at some point.
I know the lighting is RGB. On my stern I tapped into the negative side of the leds to light some mods interactivity. Is there any place to tap in for toppers etc. like unused outputs that can be future programmed in for mods, toppers, etc.

There probably will be. On RZ there is a convenient port that provides 5V and 12V power for any mods you can think of. You can add this expander to provide more outputs:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That's the Ben Heck ("never heard of the asshole") board though. TnA uses P-ROC. Doesn't mean it won't allow for some extra power sources, but it won't be the same.

This is true - just a point of reference. I am a firm believer that TNA will support additional mods fairly easily

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

damnit, why, why did i click "un-hide"?

Because there's always a chance it could be (female) boobs.

2 weeks later
#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Any particular reason why Bally-style flipper bats weren't used? Seems like they would match the early SS vibe better.

Yes, the reason is they chose to use different flippers than those.

2 weeks later
#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Want the knocker for sure, on the fence about the shaker. Wonder how much the kits will be

For comparison the knocker for RZ is $35 and the shaker kit is $100 from PBL. You buy the parts and have them drop shipped to Spooky, and they will factory install for $25.

Edit: The existing Spooky knocker is currently listing compatibility with TNA on PBLs website. Shaker does not so may be a different offering for TNA.

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Sorry if this has been asked but what is the shipping costs through Spooky for CONUS? Does $5995 include shipping? Wishful thinking...
Thanks!
DSL

They charge you actual shipping cost so it depends on how far away you are from Benton, WI.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Does Spooky do factory tours? I was just watching the Spooky documentary and thought I'd see where Benton was on the map. Turns out I've been very close to Benton on several occasions and I only live about an hour away. I'd love to come see TNA in person.

Just email Charlie. He's a super nice dude.

4 weeks later
#3171 2 years ago

TNA don't need no stinkin Expo to sell!

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from xizor:

So I want to be convinced to pre-order TNA.
The other spooky titles have not grabbed me before, but everything I've seen about this pin looks solid.
What is the build quality like with a spooky pin?

good

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I asked KT when I needed to order the shaker and knocker. She said this week. So I did. #16 Hoping that means it will be starting soon.

That is a very good sign for you. Congrats for getting in early!

1 week later
#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Note also, despite some people asking for variations, we currently only manufacturer one coil driver board... the PD-16. There are lots of advantages to sourcing only one variation, both for manufacturers and for end-customers. People wanting to keep replacement stock on hand can do so with confidence that replacements will work for any PD-16 location (and in any of the machines across multiple manufacturers that use them).
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

Too bad Stern didn't take this approach with their node boards!

1 month later
#3748 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you get beer also. Actually you can drink Bugs beer to since he is not old enough yet...
Looking forward to it!

Bug can legally drink it though if Chuck is present and approves!

#3750 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that the rule in Wisconsin? I hear people say that all the time in Louisiana and it’s not accurate here. You can’t as a third party give alcohol to someone under 21 even with parental consent...parents who come to Bourbon Street with their 20 year old children are often surprised their children can’t be served with them present.
Sorry to go off topic. Any unboxing pics or videos recently?

It is the law in WI (<21 yr olds can drink with parental consent and supervision), however, any business has the right to refuse a minor drinking in their establishment even with parent consent if they choose.

2 weeks later
#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think TNA looks great, the art, the sound, the gameplay rules, etc. but there is one niggly detail that bothers me....
The way the edge of the circle reactor lights match up to the perspective of the columns. The lines should meet the circle at the tangent but they don’t, they kinda just go close to the edges which looks weird. I know it’s a minor detail, but once I noticed I can’t unsee it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Are you talking about this area? Looks to be 100% intentional. The artwork looks as if you are staring straight down on the middle column, thus the other columns show more of the column the further away they are from the center.

4f908c86a671a7d961cd262b9e6731ff8c93f815 (resized).jpg

#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes that’s what I’m trying to say, but your explanation makes sense if there is a cap that’s meant to be larger than the cylinder.

I understand now. I just assumed the cap has a larger diameter than the rest of the rod/column/whatever it's called.

1 month later
#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

I understand the idea for building machines out of order but this benefits everyone except the people being skipped. There should be a free set of target decals or a copy of the soundtrack for every machine number that was skipped, provided by whoever is jumping.

Nobody is being skipped. Game # doesn't mean sequentially built unit off the line.

#4545 2 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Technically no digital format is "Lossless".
FLAC is just a much higher resolution digital format than MP3.

If the 1's and 0's are the same it's a lossless format by definition.

2 months later
#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

picture please

This whole video is great, earplug info around 11:00 mark

2 weeks later
#5867 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

So I keep seeing talk of playfield protectors for games. Anyone doing something like this for TNA? I plan on owning it for a long time, but Im not an operator so it wont be on location. Would one be necessary?

Spooky has the best clearcoat in the biz. I would never use a PF protector on their games. (actually I wouldn't ever use one on a new game, period)

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

119 lands Wed. Cant wait to get it set up.

I heard there's a vendor that makes some killer lit side rails, you should check them out.

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Thanks! I'll miss it for sure. It's near Madison, but far enough away that it's still a really affordable place to live. We're moving about 30 minutes North due to our jobs and schools, and the cost nearer Madison is pretty insane (not nearly as bad as some parts of the country, though). If life circumstances were different, I'd be staying put.

Very nice house - Milton school district is amazing but you must be right on the border of another district.

1 month later
#6393 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This brings up an interesting point. Thinking about this, I googled "1 1/16 inch ceramic ball" and was met with balls that cost only $1.49 in some cases. I clicked around for a bit and saw that they had various grades. That's as far as I got into my little research. Does the grade cover smoothness, density, weight, hardness, etc? What's the grade of a "Powerball" sold by PBL, Marco, HOP?
Just something for someone to consider.

The grade refers to the diameter tolerance in millionths of an inch. Lower grade is more perfectly round and costs more.

1 week later
#6475 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Trying to send some Meltdown mirrors to Benton but I can’t get into Pinball Life. Reset password never sends me an email. I’ve checked bulk and junk folders. Any ideas?

Did you check your spam folder? Otherwise just call or email Terry. Phone number and email address are on the contact us page.

2 weeks later
#6519 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Is tna still considered unlimited? As in spooky making a many as they have orders for? When they finally catch up do they plan to build on a per order basis?

Still unlimited at the moment. Charlie has stated that their intent is to keep making them for as long as there are orders. Once orders slow down, there will be a "last call" to get any final orders in before production is completed.

1 month later
#6881 1 year ago

I need to see that on a game, looks awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside