Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 145.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What's on the tv that looks really close to outrun style. ....something retro ...wave?

New Retro Wave. Great YouTube channel and record company for synthwave artists.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NewRetroWave

https://newretrowave.com

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Will there be any TNAs at Expo itself, or just at the Pinball Life party?

Just the Pinball Life party.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What's on the tv that looks really close to outrun style. ....something retro ...wave?

It's the logo for New Retro Wave. Check out the YouTube channel. Killer synthwave music. If you love the TNA soundtrack, you'll love that channel.

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

unlike Homepin that claims we well screw it up

Mike at Homepin is doing a lot of things right but I was shocked to hear him say that. There is no sane reason why you wouldn't want to be able to update in the home via USB. The cost associated with doing board swaps (the painful process was described by Mike) makes no sense.

#3155 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Mike at Homepin is doing a lot of things right but I was shocked to hear him say that. There is no sane reason why you wouldn't want to be able to update in the home via USB. The cost associated with doing board swaps (the painful process was described by Mike) makes no sense.

Yeah i agree but some things he said on the podcast just made me do a face palm

#3156 2 years ago

Fun guess; Is Dead Flip going to Ed Robertson's house to stream a production TNA this Friday??? "Special Guests" being Scott and Charley.

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

Fun guess; Is Dead Flip going to Ed Robertson's house to stream a production TNA this Friday??? "Special Guests" being Scott and Charley.

Doesn't Ed live in Canada.

#3158 2 years ago

Keep waiting for that magical announcement:

"Surprise! We've built the first 150 TNAs... shipping via FEDEX tomorrow!"

#3159 2 years ago

Ask Mr. Danger. I'm sure he has the answer.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Ask Mr. Danger. I'm sure he has the answer.

That's Mr danger to you!

#3161 2 years ago

Now I'm hungry for a Kraft dinner.

#3162 2 years ago

Just leaked on Facebook...

Brad

total_nuclear_robertson.png

#3163 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would buy you a k-car.. a nice reliant automobile

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would buy you a k-car.. a nice reliant automobile

I would buy my own......if I had a million dollars.

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't forget the Dijon Ketchup!!

#3166 2 years ago

I saw BNL this summer in concert and they spent a few minutes riffing about pinball and busting out quotes from Scared Stiff. I felt like my wife and I were the only ones in the audience that got the jokes.

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I saw BNL this summer in concert and they spent a few minutes riffing about pinball and busting out quotes from Scared Stiff. I felt like my wife and I were the only ones in the audience that got the jokes.

Hate to break it to you, but those feelings didn't lie. You probably were the only ones that got the jokes

#3168 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hate to break it to you, but those feelings didn't lie. You probably were the only ones that got the jokes

Nope! My friend and I were there, and we got them too. I'm assuming Greg Freres did too, since his presence is what prompted the jokes!

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Quoted from justanottergirl:

Nope! My friend and I were there, and we got them too. I'm assuming Greg Freres did too, since his presence is what prompted the jokes!

Yeah, my point was just that it was a little weird that they spent that much time on what was the equivalent to an inside joke. I thought it was cool and funny, just surprised they spent stage time with it. Now, the jokes about WEIRD Trip Adviser reviews of local joints, that made more sense. EAT. RAT.

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just the Pinball Life party.

No TNA reveal at Expo? I would think it would bring more exposure to non-Pinsiders if it was available at Expo. Maybe even just for Saturday and Sunday.

Anyways, game looks like a winner and many will be able to enjoy it!

#3171 2 years ago

TNA don't need no stinkin Expo to sell!

#3172 2 years ago

i would say since the game is already revealed. A party at one of its homes/origins is more fitting.

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

No TNA reveal at Expo? I would think it would bring more exposure to non-Pinsiders if it was available at Expo.

Seems like people are dumping Expo in droves. No custom pinball booth this year, none of the people I know are going.

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

For those that don't have Facebook updates:

Hah, in my head, I read that to the tune of SNL's Dick in a Box.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

No TNA reveal at Expo? I would think it would bring more exposure to non-Pinsiders if it was available at Expo.

The first production TNA rolled off the line yesterday and its now being live streamed from Ed Robertson's place thanks to deadflip!

(Wizard Blocks won't be at Expo either -- just not worth going anymore, but I'll bring it to TPF because that show rocks)

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No custom pinball booth this year, none of the people I know are going.

Homebrew is about the only reason I go to expo (that and any new reveal). This year might suck more than it ever has.

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Seems like people are dumping Expo in droves. No custom pinball booth this year, none of the people I know are going.

I'm on the dumped Expo list. First one I'll miss in 5 years but I just can't be bothered anymore. Flight, hotel, entrance fees, for what? To watch Mike scoot around yelling at people? Put on a fake nose and try and crash the Stern tour like Jack? Pass.

There won't be a new Stern there, and I've played Star Wars. No homebrew alley. No point. Skip it, go to Pinball Life party if you can instead.

If Scott wants to take TNA to shows to drum up sales there are better ones now.

#3178 2 years ago

Had the privilege of playing TNA this evening. Scott's a genius and has done some really impressive stuff on this game.
If you get the chance to play this game, do it!

#3179 2 years ago

For anyone that hasn't been watching TNA from Ed's house...

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Brad

#3180 2 years ago

Was also lucky enough to try out TNA tonight. Scott, you should be very proud. The sounds, lights, rules and feel of the game were top notch. This game is a blast to play!

#3181 2 years ago

The production model from the feed is looking great! Was that a new lighting effect during the mystery award sequence?

#3182 2 years ago

1 game down. Only 80 more to go until I get my game. Hopefully spooky starts cranking these out now!

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm on the dumped Expo list. First one I'll miss in 5 years but I just can't be bothered anymore. Flight, hotel, entrance fees, for what? To watch Mike scoot around yelling at people? Put on a fake nose and try and crash the Stern tour like Jack? Pass.
There won't be a new Stern there, and I've played Star Wars. No homebrew alley. No point. Skip it, go to Pinball Life party if you can instead.
If Scott wants to take TNA to shows to drum up sales there are better ones now.

Well said, couldn't agree more. After attending the Louisville, Nashville, Texas Expos, Chicago Expo is the bottom of the barrel. Same vendors, $60.00 for seminars, which are tired and rehashed. I'm glad I am not going. Money is better spent at other pinball expos.

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

1 game down. Only 80 more to go until I get my game. Hopefully spooky starts cranking these out now!

I asked Charlie during the Twitch stream, and he mentioned he sees a velocity of about 6-8 games being produced per week at first, with that rate increasing as production continues. You're definitely not that far off.

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Well said, couldn't agree more. After attending the Louisville, Nashville, Texas Expos, Chicago Expo is the bottom of the barrel. Same vendors, $60.00 for seminars, which are tired and rehashed. I'm glad I am not going. Money is better spent at other pinball expos.

You guys should give SFGE a shot in Atlanta. TNA will be there, so I hear.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You guys should give SFGE a shot in Atlanta. TNA will be there, so I hear.

Agreed! Preston, Patrick, Whitney and the entire crew down there have done a fantastic job at turning a small swap meet in a hot warehouse into a great game expo that attracts people from all over the world.

#3187 2 years ago

For those at the stream last night, was the table really short? We were looking at the camera showing the side of the cabinet, and it stood below the waist on most people. All of my tables stand at the waist or higher. I'm 5'8". Just thought it was strange.

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For those at the stream last night, was the table really short? We were looking at the camera showing the side of the cabinet, and it stood below the waist on most people. All of my tables stand at the waist or higher. I'm 5'8". Just thought it was strange.

Because no ramp the glass is more parallel to the PF so not as high in back. But probably the same in front.

#3189 2 years ago

What a great stream last night, so many bits tagged with #charity in the twitch stream too.

Seriously, what a great night. Thanks to Dead Flip, Scott, Spooky, Ed, etc... for doing it.

#3190 2 years ago

Can someone summarize details from the stream?
I was not able to tune in, but sounds like they delivered the first production game to ed?

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was not able to tune in, but sounds like they delivered the first production game to ed?

Yeah, that's the basic summary. It was a pretty cool moment for Spooky and Scott especially. The game played great, the chat crowd was on point, and we got twitch to donate some money to charity. All in all, a pretty great Friday night, even for us spectators. I have to imagine it was even more fun being there.

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, that's the basic summary. It was a pretty cool moment for Spooky and Scott especially. The game played great, the chat crowd was on point, and we got twitch to donate some money to charity. All in all, a pretty great Friday night, even for us spectators. I have to imagine it was even more fun being there.

My first time meeting Scott and Jack, both of whom were very cool and down to Earth. The game impressed everyone who played it. The sound system is the absolute best I've heard from any pinball machine.
Rule set is fairly straight forward but has a few awesome little things that surprised me.
Absolutely a terrific game to play against others in a competitive setting.

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

ยป YouTube video

Great Stream the game looks bad ass congratulations Ed for getting 001 production game

#3195 2 years ago

I was also present in Ed's basement yesterday night during Dead Flip's Twitch Stream of TNA. Yes, the game is shorter. If I remember correctly, Scott told us it was the same size as a Gottlieb? I am 5'6 and I was close to the same height as the cabinet. Around 4-5 inches shorter than my TMNT pin if I remember correctly.

Jack and Scott were really cool and informative guys. Loved picking Scott's brain about the development of the game when we lifted the playfield and looked behind the back glass. A solid game that took a pounding for 5+ hours straight with no "dimpling" or any issues at all. Spooky has an impressive build quality.

Congrats to Ed for 001. Also, a great host and knows A LOT about pinball. Other than making fun of my TMNT pin, he was awesome! :p

Steve

#3196 2 years ago

Hey Everyone, so to answer the question about the height of the cabinet. It is 70" tall from the floor to the top of the head and the topper is 4" above that for a total of 74" or 6 feet. This is about the same height as an 80's Bally machine.

Modern Stern machines are about 75" tall to the bottom to the top of the head.

Here are a couple good comparison photos.

20170912_205112 (resized).jpg

20170916_012856 (resized).jpg

--Scott

#3197 2 years ago

What are the folded load in car dimensions?

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What are the folded load in car dimensions?

It is the same as a WPC but a few inches shorter. Same width and length. I have no actual measurements for this at this time though...

#3199 2 years ago

Thanks for the info Scott! Should fit in nicely with my row of Gottlieb system 1 machines, just measured Joker Poker and it is 71" to top of backbox the way I have it setup.

#3200 2 years ago

Hi Scott. I assume a standard piece of PDI or Romans glass will fit. Yes?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charleston, SC
Sale Pending!
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownstown Charter Township, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside