Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 87 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#658 2 years ago

most likely the recently release Spooky Pinball Podcast with guest speaker Scott Danesi. I have not listened yet, but it would make logical sense.

#773 2 years ago

Standard backglass for the new Banger Likes Inappropriate Pool Mankinis (BLIMP).

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Charlie confirmed Spooky is making this???

Yes, it was in the latest podcast.

1 week later
#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If anybody wants, I'll personally draw a penis on your backglass to ease you into your fantasy

Sweet. If you're going to trace yours then it will be anothere "little" easter egg to find on the backglass

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Have I told you about the time I got poison ivy on my nuts, they swelled up to grapefruit size, my penis looked like the stem

No, but I'm intrigued (in a totally straight way since my wife is sitting next to me). No pictures necessary though.

1 month later
#1372 2 years ago

Anyone interested in this title should should email spooky (or a distributor) soon and get on the list.

KT@SpookyPinball.com (Spooky directly)
Sales@PinballStar.com (Pinball Star Amusements)
Sales@KingPinGames.net (KingPin Games)

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I made a purchase through pinball life my long ago that included a business card from Kingpin Games and he offers double the factory warranty and free shipping to military. Spooky will do the same on the shipping as they hooked me up. But double the warranty is nice.

Glad to see the cards are getting some attention.

As it has been stated, ordering from whomever is a personal preference. No matter whom you order from, the end product will be the same. Same great game, same great service (as i am the tech support guy for Spooky). In the end it is just a personal preference.

I can not speak for Spooky, but both pinballstar and myself also welcome trade in towards games too.

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Clearly you've never seen Chris is a size small ladies tank top.

now you have....

12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg

#1388 2 years ago

... and there go the sales that i had lined up.

#1390 2 years ago

oh yeah, when my kids have to do a "what were your parents like when they were younger" report in school, this will give them nightmares.

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Who wore it better?

that would be my wife. nobody is yelling "put that shirt back on" when she takes hers off.

1 week later
#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Most likely my first Spooky game as well.
Strangely, distributors sporting women's gear put it over the top.
But Please, no jumping out of a cake!!

if you couldn't tell from the picture, i do more of eating the cake than jumping out of them.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll only buy if Chris jumps out of the cake when it gets delivered!

Do you like vanilla or marble cake?

#1484 2 years ago

how exciting is this!!!! again, if you haven't yet talked with Spooky (KT@SpookyPinball.com) PinballStar (Sales@PinballStar.com) or me (Sales@KingPinGames.net) about getting on the list, then do so quickly!

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That MSRP is a little weird, don't remember if they've used that before? Spooky pricing (at least direct) has always been a fixed price.. And I always buy direct so I can pickup in person and not pay tax. At $6k I think its' priced right.

I am not following. Which part is a little weird? As a distributor i would like to understand peoples concerns and questions.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

MRSP means suggested retail price, which is what Stern does.. then you get a distributor price. There's no suggestion correct? $5995 IS the price?

Correct. $5995 plus shipping and any applicable taxes. it should be more like MRP (Manufacture retail price), but everyone knows the acronym MSRP better. The only difference is that this is not the "suggest retail price," but just the "retail price."

Free shipping for US Armed Forces (past or present) still offered from me (KingPin Games) as that is not something that comes from the game sale, but from my own pocket.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Thanks for the clarification!
Is there a limit on these, or will they make as many as needed?

Quoted from jwilson:

First batch either 50-100 machines, then in batches as orders come in, as long as they come in.

correct. they will be built in 50 machine batches. there is no limit as of right now.

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I can't wait to buy this game. They're batching this right? 200 or something at a time, and then switching the line to AC? And then back?

50 at a time.

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Question for Spooky (and others who may know): what brand parts are being used for common items such as flipper assemblies, slingshots, targets, etc.?? Are these Spooky specific or do they interchange with other manufacturers (B/W, Stern)? While I understand and realize that every pin has game-specific parts it would be nice to know that commonly replaced wear type items are interchangeable with other brands, thus making long term ownership more feasible....

Bally / Williams style. most of the parts are coming from Pinball Life (minus the game specifics). Most are standard parts that are known and proven to work.

1 week later
#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Settle down, Mike. It's an error. As soon as people get up on a Sunday morning, they'll take care of it.

Yes, wait for the OFFICIAL SPOOKY announcement. I'm sure they will be clearing things up shortly

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have bought a game from KingPin before, as well as from Spooky directly. Both are great. They're both so humble, that they each encouraged me to buy from the other one. Great peeps either way.

Thank you. I still say buy directly from Spooky. Doesn't really matter to me either way. No matter whom you order through (worldwide) you will be dealing with me if you should run into any issues service-wise. If i can't handle it then it goes up through the ranks. I am happy to help out with what i can, the only thing i can offer is a picture of me in a small woman's spooky tank top. if that doesn't encourage you to buy from someone with a little more dignity, then i will happily take your money and send it on to spooky.

#2412 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

So, can you tell us how many have been ordered so far? Thanks and congrats!

a couple of guys have reported that their numbers are in the 100's, so that puts new people into the 3 or possibly 4th batch.

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hopefully not "modern" Stern single wrap coils though.

if it is like the past Spooky Games, then it will be the Bally/Williams WPC era style. same ones that were used in AMH and RZ. Also, the same ones that are used in JJP games. Why? because they work well, no need to redesign something that works well.

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I'm just excited how easy this is gonna be to shop out! Open playfield and one pop?! Hours, not days...

just maintenance in general. no bash toys, no subways, no upper playfields, just loads and loads of fun!

#2539 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Put my deposit down last night, pretty excited to get this in the lineup

i am shocked that you waited that long. i would have thought you would have been in the first 10 or so.

either way, nice job! can't wait to see a TnA Olympic style game!

#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Played it last night also. It is awesome. Like no other game out there. Will be placing my order this week.

I almost feel like I was the only one who DIDN'T get to play it last night. Your placed must have been packed Dino.

#2709 2 years ago

maybe next time...

Quoted from bangerjay:

You coulda been my guest, but you would have had to witness my silence of the lambs tuck dance outta the hot tub

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I know you had the Dialed in tourney at sunset lanes on Saturday. I would have liked to go to that also , but just not enough time to do both .

yeah, the main tournament was Dialed in, side tournaments on Hobbit and Wizard of Oz

i took 1st in the hobbit
3rd in woz
4 in dialed in

i should mention there were 7 of us total in the playoffs.

there was a $700 prize pool, trophies, and prizes. we all did well.

#2761 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you have to pay in full for the preorder? or is it just a deposit or what?

from the Spooky email

IMPORTANT!

When you buy a game from us, CONSIDER IT YOURS! We are a small family run operation, and all our purchasing is based on how many initial payments we receive to confirm orders. With available game options, ALL GAMES ARE CUSTOM MADE TO YOUR SPECIFICATIONS. People coming and going on game sales causes havoc in more ways than we can describe... IF YOU AREN'T CONFIDENT IN YOUR GAME PURCHASE, DON'T BUY IT! Initial payments are NOT refundable. We have delivered every single game we've ever promised, so buy with confidence... you will get your game. Spooky Pinball LLC is a happy healthy growing company, and we're not going anywhere. See legal terms below for complete details.

IF FOR ANY REASON YOU DO NEED TO BACK OUT ONCE YOU'VE COMMITTED, it's up to you to find another buyer. Kayte will absolutely help every way she can. Just because we're called "Spooky Pinball" doesn't mean we are heartless monsters. We do care, and we will always do our best to help our customers.

NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF...

Price on the game is $5,995. Initial payment is $1,000... YOU WON'T PAY A DIME MORE UNTIL YOUR GAME IS COMPLETE AND READY FOR SHIPMENT TO YOU!

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I one paid rent in gold dollars. In a midevil looking pouch.
Do you allow older silver dollar coins?

If not, I'm always buying silver and gold. We can figure something out.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Plastic protectors...worth it? I have never placed them on my games except to protect Arwin on LOTR. Necessary on TNA for HUO?

I would say yes. $35 (installed) for protectors is cheaper than replacing a broken printed plastic.

3 weeks later
#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah....but when's mine going to be done!!

dude, you survived the splitting of the continents, the Roman empire expansion, the dark ages, the journey across the Atlantic, the invention of the horseless carriage (thanks, bangerjay)... I think you can be a little more patient than that.

1 month later
#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am back from vacation and will be updating code on the Alt Brew game sometime today.

vacation? what is this word? did you make it up?

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

NIB newb here. Anyone know of a distributor in New England? Or should I just give my 1K to Spooky?

Technically pinballstar is your closest distributor (he is in pa). Like others have said, it's the same price not matter where you get it. You will get the same great game and the same great service no matter what.

1 month later
#4274 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is there a nifty flyer that I could frame and mount on the wall with this description? I’m going to place my order this year and this would be icing on the cake

Spooky and myself both have them. send me your address and I will send a couple out to you.

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Interested in what people’s experiences have been like with the shipping companies.
Newb questions: Do they call to figure out what might be a good time for you or is it your responsibility to be home on their schedule? Do they come right inside with it or just get it to the driveway?

It depends on the shipper and the shipping company. i have shipped many, many machines. i always inform the shipper that they need to have the driver contact the location at least 24 hours prior and then again 2 hours prior to the delivery. Spooky generally uses R&L (same with JJP) and they are generally good about contacting prior to delivery. you can also ask for a copy of the tracking number (usually provided) and follow up with the destination terminal to set up a delivery time that works for you.

#4323 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do any of the shippers offer an option (extra fee, of course) to bring inside the house and down a flight of stairs, or is that on the buyer to arrange separately?

There are some companies that offer "white glove" service. I would suggest finding a local pinhead to help you though. Usually white glove service runs about $800 with shipping.

#4340 2 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I am having the exact problem. I think I spent an hour or so trying to fix this very issue and I had no luck. I tried setting my auto launch to the lowest setting, still rattled around. I set it at a higher setting, same thing. Adjusted the plunger to be centered on the ball, made sure all screws were tight, took slow motion video of auto launcher to see if I could notice anything. Nothing worked. The only thing I could see is that the metal ramp leading into the orbit looks like it is at a slight angle and makes the ball lean to the right and hit the shooter lane wall. Then it bounces back to the left and rattles on up. Sometimes making it all the way around, sometimes going into the core playfield, but sometimes it will rattle back down to shooter lane again. Super frustrating. Watching other streams of the game I didn’t see it do that. Hoping for some direction.

Nate,

I would start with this. If the ball is rattling around then it must either be being hit at an angle, or there is possibly something in the shooter lane itself that the ball is hitting after being launched.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yes I adjusted my autolaucher,
It’s not making good contact initially from a crooked angle.
I loosened the three screws (two in front and one in back) and moved it towards the shooter lane.
No issues since.
Also changed lower slingshots to from seven to six

1 week later
#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Madison pinball party...I'd honestly consider it if we weren't driving to the Dells tonight. I need more games on TNA.

I have a TNA at my house (15 minutes from the dells).

that being said, i also have 2 children that believe screaming and crying is the only way to communicate for the last couple of weeks too.

in simple words, not sure its the best time to visit, but if you want to just let me know.

#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Chris, I forgot you were in Reedsburg. We go right through. How old our your kids? I have 6 year old twins, plus a 17 year old exchange student. Not sure this will be the best time but perhaps some other time. Our intent is to spam the Mt. Olympus desk for ski / tubing passes for Christmas Mt. Though we often buy the $8 passes for Chula Vista and drive up for a day. We typically head there 5-6 times a year.
PS: I am 15 minutes from Spooky too, so I really don't have much of an excuse.

18 months and 2 months. There is no reasoning them right now.

1 week later
#4652 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm. It's pre-drilled if I want to add it later right? I've installed shakers before, it's easy.
If I was to decide last minute I wanted it do I have to order from Pinball Life and have it shipped to Spooky or is it just a straight factory upgrade they can add last minute and bill me for?

You would need to order it from pinball life. My cabinet was predrilled and ready to go, so you can do it yourself if you like.

#4739 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Anyone know if anyone is making the really cool speaker lights for TNA?

they are being worked on and should be available shortly.

1 week later
#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

Did you see the video that Scott posted on Facebook!? With the reactor number gradually counting down? Soooo nasty. Love it.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.danesi/videos/10103187988218227/

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

#125 here, ordered butter decals.. hoping that maybe I get moved into a sooner batch!

The "butter edition" is directly printed to the wood of the cabinet. They are no decals on this. Just wanted to clear that up for other people looking.

1 week later
#4988 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.spookypinball.com/ Right side contact us.
Or - https://www.kingpingames.net/ One of their distributors. Call Chris at King Pin Games, tell him LTG sent you. He posts on Pinside as kingpingames
LTG : )

Thanks ltg for the bump. This one will have to go through Spooky though, I only do domestic sales.

1 month later
#5619 1 year ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I did go through a dealer... That's good to know. Was this because I ordered butter? Wtf

The butter cabinets are done in batches. When they have enough orders to run a butter batch then all of those people are done at the same time.

Also, pinball star's allotment is probably larger than mine so he may have had some from a previous allotment that he was pulling from.

I'll check and see what the update is tomorrow.

3 weeks later
#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Rumor mill has it if you buy from kingpin games you can pay for Chris and bangerjay to deliver for an extra fee. I’m not sure if both arrive wearing lime green mankini thong style attire or if it’s just Jay. No worries of forklift damage but it may require several strong drinks and several therapy sessions to get those images out of your mind

It's just Jay.

#6028 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I have 5 leds that are failing at producing green and therefore also white. What should I do ?

You can order new leds from Spooky directly. When you first turn the game on, all the leds should be white. Please take a picture of this playfield so we can see which leds are the issue. If they are the single leds (which most are), then you can just purchase new ones and replace the failing ones. If they are on the 3x3 board (under the 3 stand-up targets by the scoop), then the board will have to be sent in for the leds to be replaced.

If you are the original purchaser of this machine, and it is still in the warranty period, then it is possible that they can be replaced at the cost of shipping only.

please email me Service@SpookyPinball.com with the picture of your playfield and the serial number of your game.

Thank you

#6030 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

They are the single led boards. I just replaced with spares and works fine. Can I send you the bad ones ? What’s the cost of them ?

I will have to check with the parts department (Spooky KT) on monday and find out.

Glad to know the spares included did the trick for you.

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

It was 4 bad ones and 1 of the five spares bad for a total of 5 bad ones.

yeah, you must have an earlier version. there was a batch of leds that came in that seemed to have an issue. it wasn't everyone, so it was hard to tell. that is why we have included a couple spares, just in case we missed one or two.

If you want to send KT an email directly, you can reach her at KT@SpookyPinball.com

She can give you pricing and availability on spares. I just try to help out with tech support issues.

Now get off of Pinside and go enjoy your game!

3 months later
#6659 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

sold my nib... should I get back in line? Lol

Definitely, but this time order two of them. One to sell and one to play.

2 weeks later
#6818 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So are we on the 300's or closing in? 337 is starting to feel closer! I'm guessing sometime in Oct.? Wonder if I ordered through a distro instead of direct if I would've gotten mine quicker.?

That all depends on when the distributor ordered.

2 months later
#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

You're making me have some regrets, maybe I should have picked up one of these while they were in production, soon coming to the end of the run.

I've ordered a couple extras if you want to get in on one. I could have them before christmas even.

4 months later
#7219 10 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

has production ended? what is the total games made ?

for now.

550 i believe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 265.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside